Add Reply
New Poll

tea & sympathy, { tag: dyann }
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Jul 31 2013, 12:30 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
dérive (n.) lit. "drift"; a spontaneous journey where the traveller leaves their life behind for a time to let the spirit of the landscape and architecture attract and move them
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

For a woman that was once a small girl in Victorian England, Moira felt that she had adjusted quite well. To a completely different place and time was no easy task. The beginning days when poor Wendy was still trying to understand the complications that made a car move down the street - oh those days seemed so very far behind her now. Now, instead of marveling at the automobiles that were such fascinating means of transportation, she was now dodging them in the street while skipping across the street in her flats. She had become quite a meld of Victorian sensibilities while also forming to the frame of a modern woman in the society she was thrust into. A delicate balancing act that she felt the key to managing was to stick to the classics and stay true to herself.

So - you can understand why this dear girl made the pilgrimage to the most authentic little English shop she knew resided in the city. Full of bone china, London newspapers, and any tea you could think of that were imported straight from across the pond. Oh how she reveled in the very smell of the place as she came in. She adored that the shop-keepers knew her by name. They even would thicken their accents and speak a bit of cockney just to amuse her. How she adored them. And they would always let her roam the shop as long as she wanted, but she was always sure to gather a particular tea, and they knew to try and keep it stocked for her periodic visits.

As she waltzed in today, she saw that the papers were all laid out and everyone was alight with the joy of the new little Prince. She couldn't help but feel overjoyed herself. She had only visited this England here, but it was so dear to her heart that she felt like it was a second home. This city was her own, and the realm across the portal was her true home - but that England was so much a part of her too that she understood all of the hope that a new heir brought with it.

Moira knew that they were chatting about anything and everything to do with the baby, but that the real celebration was earlier on when the dear Prince had just been born. Champagne for everyone and all of the British flags hanging from the rafters of the store making the energy in the place as festive as ever. She had missed it all due to all of the oddness with Basil being back - but she hadn't missed the ear-full when the dear people in the store saw her and came all the way around the counter to hug her and smother her in news and happiness. Oh the vibrancy of the place, she was all too happy to have such a little heart of a shop here in the thriving metropolis that she had nestled within.

When she was finally able to wander over towards the place where you were to gather loose tea yourself, she smiled up at a girl that was there as well. In front of a whole gathering of teas in every flavor you could possibly dream of - that was where Moira nodded to the girl by way of greeting.

"Hello, always good to see another British tea admirer," she smiled and looked to see her favorite, the Rose Petal, was filled to the brim as usual. She was sucker for the delicate taste and the wondrous smell. It was like being transported back in time to her rose garden.

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: finally they are meeting!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Aug 1 2013, 11:35 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

You could shake the stars Out of the sky It doesn't matter Our fate's will collide You can pull the plug out Watch all the water strain Still I know it would be the same
Humming her way through the mild traffic of the mid-morning New York foot traffic, Dyann brushed some Cheshire strands of hair from her face. The day was pleasant and perfect for a little slice of Britain as she made her way towards her own little secret hideaway. As any other New York favorite she found, she had stumbled upon the little shop by chance. She had yet to find a place that reminded her of home as much as this shop did.

Her visit today was much like any other visit: she was stocking up tea for her beloved Hollis. Though, she would sit for a slice of cake and listen to the employees banter back and forth in that wonderfully lovely accent of theirs. Even though she was taught to cover her accent up when she was first brought through the Portal, the more she was with Hollis, and the more Wonderlanders she discovered, the more she didn't care. Her sister was always the first to let her know when she was slipping when they would chat on the phone.

With a pleasant sigh she pushed her way through the front door as the little bell chimed, greeted by the chipper employees who worked there. Returning their gesture, she also gave them a small wave as she adjusted her bag, making her way towards the back of the shop.

Pausing for a moment to close her eyes and inhale the rich aroma that filled the shop, she couldn't break the smile from her face as she let the wall of loose tea fill her sights once again. Hollis had tried time and time again to figure out where she always bought his tea, but she made sure to bring everything home in plain bags. This was her little secret, and try as he might to find it, she knew he always got distracted and ended up elsewhere.

So for now she was safe.

Pondering over what would go good for a tea party hosted by a feline for a large group of felines, she couldn't help the giggle that slipped through her lips. Somehow, her Dearest Hollis had found a small following of kitties to from the Portal to partake in a tea party. One of them being his dear friend Bastian, who she made mental note to reach out to after all was said and done. They had a lot to talk about, and she felt terrible ignoring him and his Maren after all the did for the two of them when Hollis was in the Hospital.

Deciding it was safer to just buy a small bit from each category, she pulled a few bags from their resting place as she started to fill them up with enough for at least three pots. That should be enough to tickle their fancies.

Lost in a world of her own, she gasped quietly as another girl came up to the tea stand and greeted her. A soft flush upon her cheeks, she tucked a few strands of hair from her cheeks and nodded back to the girl. "Oh, yes. Hello!" Offering the girl a gentle smile and a soft shrug of her shoulders, she continued on. "I've yet to find another place that sells this quality of tea. It seems to be a weakness at home, I'm afraid." As she was tying off a bag of Apple Lemon Pomegranate, she couldn't help but notice the Rose Petal the other girl was retrieving for herself.

"Beg my pardon, but- I'm rather curious as to what flavor you have over there." One of these days, her curious nature would come back to nip her on the nose.

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 615 / NOTES: FINALLY! <3 / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Aug 2 2013, 11:30 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
dérive (n.) lit. "drift"; a spontaneous journey where the traveller leaves their life behind for a time to let the spirit of the landscape and architecture attract and move them
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

"Tea is very much my weakness too. Picking out the right tea is just about as tough as picking out the right china to drink it with."

Moira said as she turned on her heel to look at the full wall of teapots and their accompanied teacups. She had plenty of sets at home all tucked away in their proper drawers and stored together - all of various things. Some were solid color and quite quaint. Others were ornate and she treasured the tiny art that was delicately placed on each piece she owned. Bone china, porcelain, and shining silver - Moira had a bit of a soft spot for a good tea-set. She also found a hard time talking herself out of buying sets. Pair that with the gifts of tea-sets that she would receive around the holidays and you can understand why the girl was thinking of buying a brand new hutch just to showcase each of her collections.

She did keep some just for decoration, either they were too artful or too delicate to even dream of drinking tea from, but most were functional and she changed up which one she would use for company should they come over. It was always a surprise what tea-set the dear girl would use if you came over. And always one sitting beside the sink in the kitchen drying after being washed by hand. She was an odd little British bird, that much was true.

"Hmm?" Moira came back to the conversation at hand when the girl asked her what tea it was she was getting. To this Moira offered a smile and closed the lid on the rose tea and brought over her little bag that held the petals and even some closed rose-buds dried in their entirety resting there ready to be made into piping hot tea.

"I have quite a soft spot for rose tea. It's subtle but perfect, especially for a rainy day. When you brew it and drink it with just a touch of honey and sugar it's like the sun is shining no matter if your window looks like a waterfall or it's the dead of winter. You really should try it if you haven't had the pleasure of tasting it yet."

She enjoyed the girls curious nature and lack of hesitation in welcoming Moira's greeting as well as asking little harmless questions. It reminded Moira of herself when she was simply Wendy Darling. Not only that, but the girl didn't seem to mind that Moira had kept one trait from her times as the small girl that found Peter Pan wandering around her nursery looking for his shadow. Moira had kept the talent of prattling on and on, talking a mile a minute and keeping a smile on hr face while doing it.

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: little girls in blue dresses ^-^
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Aug 6 2013, 10:54 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

You could shake the stars Out of the sky It doesn't matter Our fate's will collide You can pull the plug out Watch all the water strain Still I know it would be the same
Nodding as the girl described the trials of pairing tea with the proper tea set, Dyann couldn't help but agree. While she didn't drink tea like she use to, it didn't mean that she never made sure Hollis has the right kettle and cups for his tea. Granted he wasn't a very picky Cheshire, content to use which cup tickled his fancy and whatever kettle was within reach. She just couldn't help the little finickiness about her. She would come to blame her family. They were such sticklers for everything matching.

"Oh most certainly. It's hard to find others with the same thoughts on tea and it's China. It can make or break the party, in my opinion." At least in this world it could.

Her visits to Wonderland had taught her that nothing was what is should be, and that everything is what it isn't. Which at times was perfectly acceptable to the young girl, while at other times she just wanted to pinch the bridge of her nose. Though it was hard to deny that no where else in this world or through the Portal would anyone be able to top a tea party like the Wonderlanders.

Exclaiming her curiosity towards the tea the other girl was bagging for herself, she couldn't help but lean closer as she showed her small bag. Rose Tea? That was quite interesting. The leaves were mixed with small dried rose buds and petals, and as she leaned down she cautiously sniffed at the small bag as her eyes widened in surprise. It really did smell like roses!

"Oh that sounds lovely. I do love the touch of actual roses in the mix." Sighing happily she looked over at the container she retrieved it from, taking mental note to grab a small bag for herself before heading to the counter. She would save it for herself, for when she would be able to finally drink the delicious tea. Oh how she missed it. It made her heart ache knowing she was missing out on so many tea parties. It wasn't the same curling up next to Hollis with only a cup of warm milk and honey when his tea tickled her nose.

Looking down at her small collection of bags, her shoulders fell a bit as she knew her deadline was closing in on her. She promised herself that by Hollis' birthday she would be able to sit with him on the couch and share a pot of tea. She just needed to figure out where to look first.

Lifting her head she offered a small smile to the other girl. "Thank you, I shall have to take a small bag home and give it a try sometime. Perhaps save it for a beautiful rainy day and sit by the window with a large cup." Making sure her bags were tied off, she gave the girl her undivided attention. "I must say, it isn't very often I find someone else with as much enthusiasm for quality tea, save for the employees of this shop. I'm Dyann. It's a great pleasure to meet you, Miss?" Tilting her head towards the side, she felt some hair fall from his shoulders. It was the polite thing to do, and in her opinion, this world needed a bit more politeness.

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 553 / NOTES: I'm not even sure with this x.x / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 10:43 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

"A party? Oh a tea party you mean! What a lovely notion," Moira smiled because it seemed like such a quaint and archaic notion in such a modern city as New York - it seemed so very Victorian and antiquated in the best possible way to be inviting people over for a tea party, "Sadly I do not think I've had a tea party since my days as a young girl where I would sit all my dolls and playthings around a table and the tea-set was merely one my mother didn't use anymore. Hardly any kind of refined tea party at all," she said with a little shrug and a laugh.

The most she might do these days would be to invite someone over for a spot of tea. Just two people sitting having tea and conversing about whatever they wished. It was by no means a party, but it still had all of the old-world mannerisms and politeness that she adored while also giving her proper company to dote upon. Making little scones or giving them a flavored honey for their tea while insisting that they have another cup of tea were just a few things Moira did while someone was over for tea. She was rather delighted with the idea that someone adored tea as much as she did and she was all too happy to keep their company and drink as much tea as possible in the process.

"Where are you having a tea party within the city, I only know of a few tea houses around here," Moira said thinking about the little salons that she visited that were inside hotels or nestled in the lush garden districts that you had to know about to find at all. She wondered with the bulk of tea that the girl was getting if maybe it was something more formal like a business meeting. Maybe she was getting tea samples first and the clients would choose one or two. Or maybe it was just a large party indeed and all of these options would be needed. Moira couldn't even imagine what kind of party would need so much tea of so many flavors, but she felt her curiosity peaked and her desire to know resting at the very front of her mind.

"The actual rose buds are honestly what do the trick," Moira smile sweetly, "I have seem some teas, such as jasmine, that are merely made from the flowers alone and it, too, is quite good."

Moira looked around for the little tool she used for such teas and her eyes were alight when she found the little rack that held all manner of infusers. Some were on little chains and weren't much more than a little sphere shape with some holes. Others were clever shapes like fish that would swim around in the teapot or tea cup, and others were simple things like stars or hearts. They were on sticks, some had the ends of spoon handles to fool an onlooker, and some stuck with the string or chain idea. She grabbed one that looked like a little star and it dangled from it's place in her hands so that the dear little star shape spun around on the chain from it's place pinched between Moira's fingers.

"The trick is to grab one of these little beauties and make sure the size is adequate for the little blooms and buds in the tea mix. You, of course, know how very much smaller the ones for the regular mixes are and just how fine the grating is on them. These are bit different and perfectly whimsical," Moira said with a small child-like laugh as she set the little star next to it's neighboring shapes of seashells on one side and bells on the other. Perfectly precious the lot of them, that was Moira's opinion.

She nodded happily when the girl said something about getting a cup and enjoying the taste and memories of rose gardens while looking out a window covered in rainfall. What a perfectly lovely notion. Add to it the idea of a good book accompanying you while curling up in a comfortable chair and Moira had described her own personal heaven. She listened as the girl introduced herself and Moira felt her own smile lighting up with the eagerness of meeting a new person and finally knowing their name.

"Moira! Moira Angela Darling," she said it and then as she realized what she said she waved her hand and let out a laugh that was a bit nervous while she felt her blue eyes watching Dyann's face in hopes that the girl didn't catch the reference to the Wendy girl from the Peter Pan book. But even if she did, Moira thought perhaps she could fault that for the confusion in the name.

"Oakley, Oakley is my last name. Not Darling. How silly of me."

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: little girls from literature ^.^
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 12:01 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

She couldn't help the smile that found it's way to her lips. She was curious about a tea party? Oh that was precious. There was once a time when Dyann herself had been curious. It lead her to a story of the curious Oysters, and it was a much rather sad story. Mainly for oysters, but there was a good moral to be had in the story. "It is quite fun, you must simply try it one of these days." she added with a rather-of-fact nod. "It really doesn't take much, honestly. Any day is perfect for a tea party, and anyone and everyone can be invited!" But you needed to like tea, of course. She offered a quiet giggle to the girl's laugh on how she use to have tea parties. "I use to subject my darling Dinah to tea. And let me tell you, cats are not as fond of tea as one would suspect."

Except Hollis. Her beloved Cheshire Cat. Surely it was a tie what was in his blood more: tea, or honey.

Tying off one small bag she lifted her gaze at the girl's question. Where? "Oh, where? Anywhere, naturally. I haven't found a set place for a tea party here. Though, I'm partial to Central Park, to be quite honest." Her eyebrows raised at the mention of a tea house. "You mean, they have Tea Houses in New York?" And she hadn't found any of them yet? How rude. She would have to inspect these tea houses and see if they would be proper enough for one of their tea parties.

But then she had to cover her mouth to keep the giggle from surfacing. Maybe if she kept it to a simple tea party, instead of the Wonderland tea parties she was accustomed to. Or any tea party that Hollis could come up with.

Questioning the Rose Tea Dyann couldn't help but hold onto every word the other girl had to offer. As the girl pulled down a star shaped infuser, Dyann placed her fingertips to her lips. It was so intricately made she couldn't help but idolize the precious little thing. "So what you're saying, is it needs to be larger than the plain old infuser one generally uses, so more flavor can seep through? How curious...." Reaching a hand out, she gently prodded at the dangling star, giggling as it rocked back and forth. Her eyes followed the little star as the girl put it back and her eyes scanned the wall as she looked for anything that would please Hollis' tastes.

Bringing her attention quickly back towards the girl, she offered a proper introduction, returning the smile that was offered and tilted her head to the side a bit at her name. It tickled a thought in the back of her mind. Darling sounded familiar.... she just couldn't place it.

Though, as Moira stated her last name she gasped quietly before she gave a small wave of her hand. "Carroll, seeing as we're forgetting our last names. Dyann Carroll. It's a pleasure to meet you Moira, such a lovely name." Reaching up she adjusted the headband upon her head. It wasn't until then that she took notice they were both wearing blue, and the thought made her laugh softly.

"Would you have ever guessed, that not only do we both enjoy tea, forget our names, but we also wear blue!" Her hand was once again at her lips as she giggled. "And I must say, you have the very best of tastes. There is no other color finer than blue, unless you find yourself a fan of pink and lavender stripes." She smiled as Hollis once again drifted across her mind, fogging her vision with a hint of his Wonderland colors, the very colors that adorned her hair. "Much better than that dreadful red, wouldn't you say?"

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 647 / NOTES: They're both too precious / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Aug 22 2013, 03:40 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

The last party that Moira had thrown was her rooftop Christmas party that had gone over quite well. Tea was served there, but only in passing. It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a main event or reason to have a party. The idea of gathering with her friends and having a tea party simply to enjoy the tasty beverage with like-minded tea lovers and have a grand time - well that was a lovely notion indeed. But it was Summer now and she may have to wait until next Spring when it was more fashionable. Though she had no idea if there were autumn festive teas or even winter preferences on tea. She would have to ask those that owned this dear little shop when she got the chance. Something about the idea was quite darling. Quite precious. And she found herself getting giddy with ideas. Imagine that. Her very own tea party! Perhaps even stirring things up a bit and making it a murder mystery could make it all the more fun indeed!

She would have to be sure to invite this Dyann, she seemed like such a gem - and she was, after all, the one that had planted the seed of the idea in her mind. It seemed only fair. She would have to ask the girl's contact information. Thankfully it wouldn't take forever either. Unlike her old world, where that entailed days upon days of no contact until finally a carriage came to your door and a hand-written letter was delivered, this world had lovely means of e-mail and text messages. Moira thought hand written letters were divine and would adore having someone to write to that was farther away - but as it was and as were the rules of the portal, she hadn't the need to. Everyone was within the city.

"I suspect that's true enough," Moira said with a small laugh at the idea of trying to get a cat to sit still enough to attend a child's tea party, "Though I do know a cat that might enjoy tea quite a bit," she said thinking of Bastian. She had known the dear man through Maren. He was quite a patient and mild mannered sort of fellow that understood Maren and her temperament unlike anyone Moira had ever seen. Even sometimes she herself, though she was the dear girl's roommate, didn't understand what it was that could possibly be on Maren's mind. Bastian was just cat-like in that way she supposed. Always seeming to know more than he let on. A trait that many cats showed - whether they knew more than they seemed or not she suspected.

"In any case, if my mind actually does settle upon some amazing theme for a tea party and I conjure up a date to make that magic happen then you'll be sure to hear from me," she said with a little sweet smile, implying that they were meeting for the first time but she would most certainly not like it to be the last.

When the girl asked about the few tea houses that Moira knew about, Moira felt her head nod enthusiastically. She had made her little hunts to find the niches of tea houses around New York and there were only a few that even hit the mark. And so she felt herself buzzing to tell the girl before she prattled on excitedly much like she did when she was a child and forgot her manners completely.

"Oh yes, there are quite a few that claim to have the best tea in the city - while only a few truly do have very good tea at all. Some are simple and quaint with tea not as impressive as their atmosphere. and some carry the most phenomenal tea I have yet to taste but you most certainly wouldn't want to stay there for the atmosphere is positively dreadful. Best to telephone them ahead of time and take it home to go or just make yourself a kettle from the tea they have here. It's the few tea houses that sparkle with their amazing selection of tea and a diving atmosphere that truly outdo the rest."

And Moira detailed the little hotel tea room that she went to whenever she was feeling brave and without another person to accompany her. The large room was elegant and truly the tables being as big as they were all in the middle of the room seemed to promote an idea of meeting strangers and conversing to make friends. The other was the one she had seen Basil at so very long ago - and then repeated that date quite recently again to see him again. That place would forever and always be special to her. Holding a special place in her heart.

"But the cutest by far and a bit more loose around the edges is a tea house that is themed like Carroll's book with dear Alice in her Wonderland. It's called very simply Alice's Tea Cup and it's quite a gem of a place. I always rather liked the idea of sitting down to tea with the Mad Hatter, even if he would be quite mad," and Moira laughed - having now idea whatsoever that she was talking to the very same Alice that came from the storybook she was speaking of. The magic of the portal had struck again, only she hadn't known it.

It wasn't until Dyann told Moira that her last name was Carroll that she stood there in a bit of shock. Something making her wonder. The tea. The blue dress. Maybe that as all it was. But...still. She hesitated before smiling warmly right back and trying to sign off her thinking that this girl could possibly be the same Alice as mere wishing. Then again...stranger things had happened. And the more the girl spoke of stripes like Moira knew could be seen on the Cheshire cat and her distaste of the color red, she found her words escaping her. Standing there practically a mute.

"You said your name was Dyann? A-are you sure it's not Alice?" she said with a nervous little laugh that chimed like the bell on the door - hoping that it would lighten the mood and the whole of her wondering would be played off as a joke. Though the moment the girl whispered even the hint of a yes it was going to be quite a challenge to convince dear Moira that she wasn't in fact talking to the Alice from the storybook of her childhood. She was, after all, a storybook character herself. It was entirely possible and so her large eyes the color of a Neverland sky wondered if she had actually met someone from the neighboring Wonderland she had wondered so very much about.

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: perhaps a tea party!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 11:52 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

Blinking a bit, she couldn't help the small sudden gasp that passed her lips as Moira invited her to a future tea party. Her cheeks flushed a bit and the sheepish smile on her lips was followed by a nod. "Oh yes, I would like that very much indeed. I would be more than flattered to accompany you to a tea party." Oh this was turning to be rather exciting indeed! To know that there were others out there willing to hold and join tea parties like the girl standing before her.

At least, until her mind decided to ruin the moment for her. How is one able to drink tea when in this form, they were allergic to it? A sad time indeed. It just gave her more purpose to find a cure. Maybe, just maybe- a trip to this Portal of theirs would be needed. Maybe whatever magic was involved with it would sort her body out. She would hate to be the one to just simply sit back and prattle on and waste a good cup of tea due to the fear of her throat swelling.

It made for a rather unpleasant experience.

Lifting her eyes to the girl as she explained the tea houses she had found. They sounded so fantastic! She could silently agree, there were some places that took so much effort to look good that they lacked on the quality of the tea. At least from what she had heard from Hollis and especially from what dear Moira was explaining. With every small detail the girl spoke of Dyann saw the pictures come to life just behind the girl. She was painting the most beautiful pictures with her words, and the images of her fluttering by in a delicate sun dress with a kettle of tea brought a sense of peace and comfort to her soul.

As she wasn't paying complete attention, the new place Moira spoke of started to bleed brighter colors. Familiar colors. The mentions of Carroll flitted past her ears, almost like a bread-and-butterfly passing by to sit on a leaf with it's other brethren. Everything was sharper, more defined, and at the mention of her title her eyes snapped opened and she gasped, a heavy inhale as the colors faded and she was left surrounded by the dull world she was hiding in. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest when she admitted she would like to have tea with none other than the Hatter himself.

Sometimes she forgot her story was an actual story. That others knew about her adventures. How she wondered the mysterious Tulgey and was guided by none other than the Cheshire Cat.

Smiling softly, the memory of her adventures playing in the back of her mind, she nodded in agreement. "No one could hold a candle to a tea party when compared to dearest Hatter." Her voice was soft, and it gave an almost longing feel to it. Soon, she promised herself. Soon she would be able to have tea with the beloved man. Bounce from seat to seat as they cried out "New cup, new cup! Move down!"

But she was getting away from herself, as the other properly addressed herself, and she felt the need to follow suit. Just like everyone else, they stood there a bit in shock as her last name registered in their mind. Laughing softly, she tucked a few stray bits of hair behind her ear once again. "I can assure you, I'm of no relation to Lewis."

Being the curious creature that she was, she was dishing out for herself a bit of the Rose Tea the darling girl had bragged about. It anything, she could get Hollis to try it and describe the taste as she laid draped across his lap, playing with the ends of his hair and braiding them on a dreary afternoon. Maybe it couldn't hurt to add a touch of colored flowers to the flat. The two of them had been talking about adding a touch of Wonderland to the flat, brightening the place with exotic colors that would keep their minds active.

There was a smile still upon her face, but as Moira questioned whether her name should have been Alice, she gave a small squeak as the shock made her drop her bag. The contents scattered on the table and her face flushed a dark red color, panic racing through her heart. Did she give too much away? Could she play it off as a fan of the writings? Oh Hollis would swat at her if he knew what she were doing. Curse her wandering mind and loose lips. One of these days they would surely get her in trouble.

Quickly she was trying to brush the tea into a pile, silently praying the owners hadn't seen the events that had taken place. "Oh dearest me...," she whispered quietly under her breath. Glancing up at the girl who wore an innocent look upon her face, she tried to keep her features calm as she questioned her question. "Wh-whatever gave you that idea? Isn't... I mean, isn't Alice a fictional character?" Her eyes stayed locked on the girl, surely a muddled mix of curiosity and worry swirling in the blues of her irises.

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 883 / NOTES: These two! / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Sep 19 2013, 09:46 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

As the girl kept on talking, as casual as she could about some Hatter throwing a tea party, Moira could feel the cogs and wheels turning in her mind. The girl said it all with a tiny smile and the comfortable nature of someone that wasn't fabricating anything. Moira was no expert on liars, but she did know how to act. And the sincerity with which the girl had said all the things that directed Moira into the thoughts about this girl being somehow, someway, a kind of Alice from her dear Wonderland - they all seemed legitimate. Moira was more than sure that somehow when the girl said that she was 'of no relation to Lewis' that there could only be one more alternative. If not a girl that was carried through the lineage of Lewis Carroll, then perhaps she was simply the Alice. Was Moira herself not the Wendy? It just seemed to add up.

She watched as the girl got a bit of the rose tea, and it made Moira smile. She remembered when she was simply Wendy Darling and her mother was the one tending the garden as she ran around with little feet in her dress that was as embellished and colorful as a cupcake. Little embroidery along the hem, lace in little bits she adored, and even a few bows. It was always a treat to get a new dress as a child. And even now Moira was a sucker for these things. Only it was far more sparing now in the adornment of her dresses. But all she could think while the dear Dyann, who might have been Alice, scooped up the rose petal tea - was that fateful day in the garden.

For the young Wendy Darling everything seemed possible and nothing seemed like it was going to change the nature of the world she had so come to adore. Her little brother John was merely a baby now. In his little huddle of blankets and under the care of their dog Nana as she fetched a bottle of milk and skillfully laid it down for his tiny hands to grasp a hold of. Meanwhile Wendy's father was at work and the Darling women, she and her mother, were in the family garden. It was all fun and light and happiness. Wendy had picked a rather full and brilliant flower blooming as wondrous as any she had seen before, and she was racing over to her mother to show her. To give it to her. And then her mother looked at her with that sparkle in her eye. A sign of affection. And she sighed wistfully, asking why it was that Wendy could not stay that way forever.

That was the day she knew that she must grow up.
So the rose tea held so much more meaning for her.
It was a sign of her growing up but still holding onto her heart.

The girl seemed panic-ridden now that Moira had questioned her about the name Alice and if that was in fact her name. After running into Hook, Wendy knew the evils that could befall someone even in this world. And that dreadful Darkness that had spread over their old world like a plague was always a constant threat. So, it wasn't all that silly for the girl to be in such a state if she was Alice from Wonderland after all. But Moira had to make sure the girl knew it was safe. That she meant her no harm. That she was simply trying to reach out to a fellow tiny heroine from fiction.

She bent down to the floor as customers browsed around them, and they were lower to the ground and scooping up the fallen tea - safe from any prying minds and out of the range for anyone to hear them. And so Moira looked at the girl with her sky blue eyes and she managed a sweet smile as the girl asked if Alice was, after all, a fictional character. Moira spoke in not much more than a whisper, sure that only Dyann could hear her.

"Well, so is Wendy Moira Angela Darling...but here I am."

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: the secrets out!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 3 2013, 02:12 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

Oh dear. Oh me. Oh my! Everything was starting to muddle together as she tried so desperately to keep her face relaxed and her nature as traditionally normal as possible for someone of "This World." But really, who was she to fool? Everything about this world was foreign but natural to her. So out of place but in it's place all at the same time. It was as if someone took her old English lifestyle and turned it upside down, making it more dependent on electronics than the enjoyment of tea parties and naps in the sun.

Hollis surely would have hidden her from this world if he knew how she would sink further and further into her old self. At home was one thing, but in the middle of a busy tea shop? They needed to stay hidden. There were worse things to worry about for them aside from bills and trivial things such as that.

They had to make sure the Queen didn't find them. That no Bandersnatch or Jabberwock discovered their clever ruse.

It was so dreadfully hard to not act as though she weren't who she was. Especially when Moira painted such a lovely picture for her to get lost in. How everything she seemed to utter from those petal pink lips of hers caused her own heart to sink further and further into it's cavern.

This girl seemed to be everything Dyann use to be able to be. Carefree and innocent. Soft and curious. Adjectives that seemed to fit them both to a 'T'. If it were possible for her to have had another sister, than surely this girl standing before her would be perfect for the role.

Her eyes caught the sight of the spilled tea before her mind could properly act. To be called out in such a fashion was almost befuddling to Dyann. Surely the girl was only jesting, but the way her eyes sparkled with that hint of knowing- she felt as if she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

When the tea that had fallen to the table was gathered into a pile, she knelt down and quickly made haste to gather the small pile that fell to the floor. Her cheek had been sucked in between her teeth and she couldn't help but cautiously chew in hopes that the girl couldn't read her reaction. It was obvious that Moira was right. It was as simple as saying "The sky is blue and the sun is yellow." Oh how she was making such a scene of herself.

Her eyes darted up to the girl's sky blue eyes, searching for any trace of disbelief. When she smiled, Dyann knew deep down that she had been discovered.

The words that followed, so soft she almost expected it to be something she conjured from her mind, left her stunned as she stared at the young girl.

"...so is Wendy Moira Angela Darling..."

The name rang a bell in the back of her mind. She knew that name. Not just from how Moira addressed herself earlier, but from a story- much like her own. Could it be? This young girl before, was it possible that she too was from the Portal? That her world was based from the works of another author? She herself was based from a book, or the book based from her- she was never quite sure of it.

Faintly, as if coming from a closed door, she heard the sound of a delicate voice crying "Fly Peter, fly!"

Her expression changed from that of shock to one of joy. Eyes widening, the corners of her mouth tugging up into a large smile. She could see it now. The girl standing before her. Yes, she most certainly was.

"I use to read that story before bed when I first came over. I would dream of flying through the sky... You are, of course.... why- you would simply have to be! Whoever else could you be, after all?"

She wasn't alone in this world.

"Oh do pardon me. I tend to get carried away at times." A quiet giggle escaped her lips as she rested her hands upon her knees, the pile of tea left to lay on the floor. "I must say, it is such a pleasure to meet someone as famous as yourself." Oh how would Hollis react? Surely he would be curious to know there were others who derived from fiction that were roaming this city. "Oh Hollis would be ever so curious about you..."

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 774 / NOTES: I think I got carried away... / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Oct 18 2013, 06:50 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

When the girl seemed to recognize her, Moira felt her smile broadening. Everything about her joy in that moment had to be slighted down only a little. Otherwise would would have cried out in the store from the thrill of it all - yelping in excitement and giving the girl before her one of the warmest hugs ever. But there she was. Alice from her very own Wonderland. Another literary child that had found her way into a magical land. The two were kindred. Strung together like beads on a necklace and crafted from the pages of children's books with the magic of everything alive in their hearts. Awake in their smile. Streaming like the essence pixie dust or some magic mushroom coursing through their veins. Moira was so very pleased and excited, never at all expecting to meet this girl. Much less in the shop she got tea from regularly!

"Oh really? I have often wanted to know just what it was like wandering around with momeraths and disappearing cats," Moira said with a dizzy giggle as she felt her giddiness slipping out a little, remembering to reel it in a little and smile sweetly before speaking again, "It all sounds so perfectly wonderful. Your adventures were so perfectly marvelous and grand and just oh...it's such a pleasure to know you. The real you."

When the girl tried to apologize for growing so excited, it was all Moira could do not to laugh loudly from the irony at just how Moira was doing just the same. How similar were they? Girls in blue dresses flying from windows or falling down rabbit holes until they saw a world glittering with magic and impossibilities, loving every moment of it. They were one in the same. They were cut from the same cloth. They were magic and special and perfectly lovely English-born girls of amazing literature cast now from flesh and blood. Made real. It was so wonderfully amazing. Moira merely shook her head and sighed with a lovely smile.

"You needn't be sorry, it is rather amazing and it's perfectly alright to get carried away. Especially when we both have such reason to be excited!"

Moira couldn't help but widen her eyes as the girl spoke about being star-struck seeing Wendy Darling in person. For all the sweetness of the comment, Moira knew she was only a side character herself. But Dyann, because she was Alice, was the main character! The girl in the very beginning of her own title! So many people around the world would know Alice in Wonderland before they would even know who in the world Wendy Darling from Peter Pan even was!

"You simply must be joking! You are far more well known. Such an icon in this world. It's amazing. Wonderful really! To be so known and have your world so understood even in all of it's craziness," Moira said. She had often wondered what a Neverland and a Wonderland would be like if ever they crossed over. Oh the mayhem. Oh the adventure.

Curiosity struck Moira, likely common after meeting the one and only Alice, and she smiled with that sparkle of a question in her eye.

"Who is Hollis?"

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: the secrets out!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 19 2013, 05:06 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

Never had the thought occurred to her that it would have been possible for other literary characters to come through the Portal. After all, Hollis told her time and time again that they were from the writings of Lewis Carroll. Smiling at none other than the Wendy Darling, the very same girl who flew with Peter. Braved the plank of Captain Hook. Mothered the Lost Boys. She almost felt like she was looking into a Looking Glass. Everything about them was different, yet the same all at once.

"I would have to say, the Momeraths were the most pleasant things there." A giggle escaped as she recalled the precious little fuzz tops. "Though, I must admit I was torn between being terrified and excited. It was a world of my own, but at the same time it wasn't." There was a time she thought everyone there to be simply mad- unwilling to help the lone last child in blue. Now, she had grow to learn that they were, in fact, helping her. Just in their own Wonderlandish way. "Though I must say, I've gone accustomed to dealing with disappearing cats. I would be lying were I to admit I didn't enjoy it." Hollis was nothing but her everything at this point in time, but it was a way she couldn't imagine giving up.

Moira giggled as she tried to apologize, and she couldn't help but mimic the giggle. The other really did seem like a mirror copy almost. Almost like watching a twin do everything you did. [color=#9BC4E2]"It is rather hard to not be excited, isn't it?"

It was difficult, to say the least, to stay hushed as she gushed to the other about how she adored the adventures she was apart of. Getting to meet mermaids, pirates, Indians even! And the Lost Boys, she sometimes thought of the inhabitants of Wonderland her own Lost Boys. Though when everything was boiled down it was her who was lost.

"I find it ever so hard to believe that there are people who are as obsessed with Wonderland as the White Rabbit is with being late. Wonderland isn't as safe as everyone believes it to be, you know. Bandersnatches and Jabberwocks lurk where you least expect them to. Not to mention a rather rude Queen who wanted nothing more than your head." Words of wisdom from her precious Cheshire. "Besides, Neverland! A land where you never have to grow up. You can swim with the mermaids and battle pirates! And flying...." She sighed at the thought. "How simply wonderful it must be to soar through the sky."

She had been in a plane once, but it surely was nothing like having Pixie Dust sprinkled upon your head and darting between the clouds. It could only compare to tumbling down a rabbit hole. There just wasn't anything that could match up.

A thought struck her mind, and it seemed both her and Moira had a same thought.

"Where is Peter?"

The questions were muddled together as they spoke at the same time, a giggle bursting through her lips. That was rather rude, when she thought about it. Or maybe it was destined? Maybe they were entwined after all.

Glasping her hands together and sighed softly as her mind drifted to Hollis. However could she describe him without giving everything away.

"Well, you could say you know him. He is, after all, always by my side. Hollis is very dear to me. The sweet addicted riddler that he is. We happened upon each other, in a manner that was most familiar to us, last Halloween." The sight of him perched upon the tree as the zombies reached for him flashed crossed her mind. The first time she had seen him with his illusion-educed ears and tail. Quickly that thought disappeared as an image of him smiling at her, pulling her to the couch for an afternoon nap. "He is the one who gave me back my Muchness. For you see, I wasn't who I thought I was. Without him, I very surely wouldn't be Alice."

She was his, just as surely he was hers.

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 702 / NOTES: THE FEELS / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Oct 28 2013, 09:45 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

When Moira realized she was hearing a first-hand account of Wonderland from the girl that had actually been there, she grinned from ear to ear in delight. Oh how exciting to know that the place was just as real as her Neverland was. Somehow she suspected as much - but it was entirely different suspecting something only to have it now right in front of you and being proved to be a truth. She was, in this moment, actually talking to Alice. And she was practically gigging at the idea of the little Momeraths wandering around someone's feet. Moira was sure they were nothing but an utter delight. And hearing this girl that was Alice but was also Dyann, much in the same way she was Wendy but also Moira, explain it all - it was sheer loveliness.

"I know how that can feel. Neverland was beautiful but it was dangerous too. Cutthroat pirates. Jealous fairies. And the mermaids were not as sweet as I would have liked them to be."

Moira listened as Dyann went on to say that Wonderland was no picnic much in the same way that Neverland held dangers as well. It seemed these two girls were more and more the same with each word they spoke. It was hard to think that they had spent so much time not knowing one another. It was like fate had slowed itself down and hadn't thought of a way to bring the two of them together quick enough. Like an old woman that had once tried to be a nanny to Wendy and her brothers. She would get so distracted with her favorite activity of rocking in a chair while gazing at the fire and drinking her tea that she quite forgot that she even had children to watch over. Jumping up from her chair at the sound of one of them crying out or something falling over. Bursting from a quiet countenance and into action, switching from one to the other instantly.

That was how Moira saw the fictional being of Fate. Sitting around sipping tea and perhaps reading a book. Distracted with it's own activities. And then once the two girls had stumbled into each other at this very tea shop on this very day maybe it was struck like 'oh dear!' because it had completely forgotten. But Moira trusted this completely made up and utterly lovely make believe being to make up for lost time. The two of them were seeming to not only get along but they had the means to understand one another like no other. It was charming. Utterly charming. And Moira was smiling as Dyann seemed to think that Neverland seemed like a perfectly lovely place, even with the pirates and mermaids.

"Where is Peter?"

"Oh he's here! He misses Neverland terribly because that is where he is supposed to be. He is supposed to be the one child that is the exception to growing up. But he is adjusting fine I believe, as much as one can when they have to trade fighting pirates and playing with Lost Boys into the wide world of growing up."

It was a sad thought, knowing Peter was having to deal with the horrors of real life when he was made purely for a land of pretend. He was never supposed to have to grow up, Moira understood that. Peter was made to play and run around and have his adventures. The simple things like getting a job or finding a place to live or even eating at all - those were all things that he shouldn't have had to deal with. She had chosen to grow up after her time in Neverland. She knew it was inevitable and that she would miss mother and father and Nana all too much. She knew she must grow up. But Peter? Peter was never meant to grow up. Being propelled into a world where he had to was grossly unfair. Moira would always feel it was a horrible injustice. And she would always hope that some day their home would return to what it was so that Peter and his little pixie could soar through the sky to that second star and live forever in the imagination of children all around the world.

That was the way things were supposed to be.

"Oh he sounds absolutely lovely! So he was from your Wonderland too? Is he Hatter? Or perhaps the White Rabbit! Or wait...is he the Cheshire Cat?"

tag: dyann [wearing] | notes: all the magic ever!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Nov 8 2013, 11:49 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Curiouser and Curiouser

The excitement of it all coursed through her veins and she couldn't keep the smile from her face. She couldn't help how she prattled on and on about Wonderland, and how she adored reading about the girl's adventures in Neverland. How many times had she curled up in a chair and read the story over and over. If she knew back then what she knew now, it would have blown her mind.

She was actually talking to the Wendy.

What made it better, was the same Wendy she had read about had read about her and was completely star-struck, just as she was. There was nothing like meeting the actual character from one of your favorite stories, especially by chance. In New York of all places! It was simply wonderful and she was so excited to be in the situation she found herself in.

Questioning on the whereabouts of Peter, her face fell a bit. She was excited that he was here, but to know that he was homesick left that familiar pang in her chest. He was in the situation as Hollis it seemed. "That's terrible...." Her shoulder slumped as she thought about the excited Peter forced into this adult-based world without any warning. "But I'm so very glad to know Peter's alright! I'm sure you and the other Darling children visit him often now that you don't need Pixie Dust." Her smile returned at that thought, of the Darling Children and Peter spending as much time as they wanted in this world.

Her description of Hollis was clear, yet unclear at the same time, and she felt proud knowing she was able to twist her words just right. She could have just came right out and told her, but where was the fun in that? She was an honorary Wonderlander, why not show a bit of that to her dear friend?

The grin that grew upon her face as Moira went about guessing which Wonderlander he could have been. Hollis could be Hatter, but he was far too fabulous for that. The White Rabbit? Oh goodness no he couldn't. He didn't like being rushed, and having someone else telling him what to do and where to be. It wouldn't work out at all. Nodding excitedly as she mentioned the Cheshire Cat, her grin broke into a wide smile. She really couldn't help the way he made her feel. It was as if someone had placed a sun in her core, and she just glowed at the thought of her Cheshire curled up in bed, waiting for her to come home so he could proceed to drape across her lap and cover her in kisses and take another nap.

"He is the one and only."

Footsteps pulled her from her excitement and she knew they would have to get up from their crouched position on the floor. Giggling quietly, she scooped the fallen tea into her hand and gestured with her other finger "up." "We really should be getting up. People might start to think we're hurt. We can grab a table up front and continue our conversation." Her grin softened to a smile and she wrinkled her nose in excitement. "There's so much I want to know! And so much to tell! Oh Moira I don't know if I can explain how excited I am!"

TAG: Moira! / WORDS: 563 / NOTES: I hope it okay .--. / OUTFIT: DARLING

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Nov 16 2013, 01:36 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

Moira couldn't lie, she was glad that the girl understood the gravity and heaviness to the concept that Peter Pan could grow up. For so long he had been a figment of literature. Now that he was given life, that should have been the end of the severity of the situation. But no...the Darkness had messed that up quite sufficiently. It had spun everyone about and killed thousands more. It had taken the lands from the people inhabiting them and thrust them into a world completely new. Completely unknown. And because of that...the rules had changed. No longer did the magic of Neverland apply to the beings that thrived there once upon a time. No longer did the agelessness of the land hold it's sway on the many magical people Wendy had come to find there.

Now, in the modern city of New York, there were mermaid walking on two legs. There were pirates without swords but more than a few guns and far more sophisticated means of harming a person. Fairies were full size and without wings, walking side by side with human beings. And Peter? He was, to anyone seeing him and not knowing who he truly was, an ordinary boy. However - to Wendy he would never be anything like the word 'ordinary' would suggest. He was a testament to the very spark of childhood. He was the playful energy in the eyes of everyone that decided to use their imagination. He was the laugh of a thousand children that would culminate a thousand fairies. He was the wind in your hair as you ran through the fields with glee. The lazy comfort of wasting the day away watching the sun set or the rain fall. The leaves that you would find in your hair after climbing a tree. Peter was all of these things and more. Wendy loved him dearly for all he was.

"Peter is extraordinary no matter what world he's in, I'll have to introduce you one day. If, that is, you don't mind his childish behavior."

And with that Moira smiled. The boy had the temper of a toddler. He had the sass of one taunting you with a secret. And he had the selfishness of needing to be the best person in the room. All of these things only endeared Wendy to him more. He was nobody if not the Peter Pan she had come to adore - even after all of these years.

When the mention of the other Darling children came to Moira's ears, however, she felt a prickle of sadness. She hadn't yet found her brothers. They could be wandering the city as lost as she was before Peter found her - it was likely. And sometimes in her dreams she thought of John as some dashingly intelligent professor. Always expanding his thoughts, his vocabulary, and somewhere settled down and happily married in a cozy brownstone with a loving wife. And Michael? She likely saw him working somewhere cozy. Maybe designing toys or caring for children that were as young as he was back then. Neither them ever forgetting their imagination or their carefree hearts - even if Neverland was nothing but a distant memory. And their sister? A passing wonder perhaps. If they even recalled her at all.

"I have yet to find my brothers, but I keep a keen eye looking for them at all times. I was lost in the abyss of no memories myself for quite a long time. Until Peter found me again," and she grinned brightly at the memory.

As they moved from their static position and took up a table, the name Hollis came to Moira like a lightning bolt. Surely they couldn't be one in the same? The same person that Maren had connected her with so very long ago? Nearly a year ago now? The brightly blonde man at the Christmas party? Moira hardly knew him and yet somehow, some way, she felt like maybe the dots of her life were being connected yet again. And so, as they took a seat and she set her bag down, she looked at Dyann incredulously.

"Your same Cheshire, Hollis I mean, he couldn't be the white haired lad I know through both my Maren and her Bastian? Could he? Oh how crazy a thought - to think that so many people are linked like pieces of the same chain," and yet her literature had told her the impossible was possible and that connections could be made in all the ways. She smiled sweetly as they sat there, completely content to forget any of their previous plans for the day and instead enjoy each other's company. Swapping stories about Neverland and Wonderland and the magic of it all - sisters in their blue dresses and literary adventures until the very end.

tag: dyann [wearing] | happily ever after ending ^-^
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.