New Poll

Take a Chance [Make a Change], Tag: SOLAR/THEO
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 06:27 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 966 The Outfit:here The Notes Bored? Get a dog! WHY NOT! What's the worse that can happen? Bored; an adjective meaning you feel weary because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one's current activity. It was a rare feeling, honestly, when you lived in such a large city with literally hundreds of things to do. A place where you could walk outside and instantly feel caught up in the busy life, rather than feel as if your feet were dragging on the ground. But that wasn’t always the point, logic obviously not always being present. He was bored and the obvious solution to that problem was apparently to sit on his couch and contemplate the greater mysteries in life. Things like, why the sky was blue or why the grass was green, or why the word chair was used for a chair rather than the word table. Very deep thoughts, if by deep you meant as shallow as a puddle in the middle of the desert. This is what happened on a regular basis when he had a day off from work. It wasn’t that his job monopolized all of his time and he didn’t have hobbies to entertain himself. It was just that, he had more free time than he knew what to do with. Sure, he could get up and clean his apartment seeing as the floor wasn’t so much hardwood as it was clothes. And yeah, he could always venture to the store to get real groceries, instead of the junk food that normally filled his cupboards. But those… those were chores, things you didn’t do on your day off. Or so he was convinced. You were supposed to do fun things on your day off, things like going and getting a coffee with a friend and hanging out until you lost track of time. You were supposed to relax and not worry about responsibilities such as when you work next or how long it will take you to do all of that laundry. It was a day for yourself that you spend doing things you liked. Going to the park and playing frisbee, or wrestling with your dog until you start laughing at how playful they were being. Well… that is if you had a dog. Chase felt himself frown at the thought as he looked up from the book he had been reading, or well… trying to read. Apparently reading the same sentence 20 times didn’t constitute as reading. There were some things about his old world, home, that he missed more than others. And more often than not, he couldn’t shake that feeling. He missed the how it felt when Master Slade would scratch behind his ears or pat him on the head, the way he could wrestle with Chief and have a good time without a care in the world. He missed being himself, how it felt to be a dog and run until you couldn’t run anymore. To play without a care in the world with your best friend… He shook his head, closing the book and placing it gently on the arm of his couch. No, he couldn’t think like that right now. It was his day off and he wasn’t going to sit in a puddle of self-hate and guilt. Rubbing his hands over his face, trying to shake off the sleepy feeling that he felt, he stood up moving to grab his coat. He had been tossing around the idea for some time, contemplating if it was something he truly wanted to commit too. Initially he had been worried that it would remind him of things he preferred not to think about, if having a dog would make him miss being one himself. But, there was no changing what had happened and the troubling darkness that was taking over his world. He was a human now, and he missed having a companion. Someone to love him unconditionally and someone he could love unconditionally. He needed it, more than he cared to admit to himself. Pulling his coat on as he walked out of his apartment, his fingers tousling his hair so it looked like he put a bit more effort in his look than he really did, he began to walk the streets of New York. He had stopped in the animal shelter a few times before, but each time he left without once seeing a dog or making a decision. Today, he was doing both. It took a lot for him, as he walked, to not cover his nose with his scarf and glare at the smells that invaded his senses. As he had been told at the transition center, growling at unseen things and smells was not normal. Growling in general was not normal. So he shook it off until he came to his destination, where he was then met with an uplifting, anxious, exciting feeling. A feeling that left a giddy smile on his lips as he walked in and walked up to the front desk. “Olly olly oxen free!” he called playfully as he once again ran his fingers through his hair to put in some semblance of tidiness. He hadn’t seen anyone when he first walked in, noting that it was probably a slow day due to the lack of attention to the front desk. They probably just caught up in working during the slow period, he thought to himself before leaning over the like a child to see if he could spot anyone. “Eager soon-to-be-pet-owner would like to see your pretty faces!” he joked, smile playing on his lips. Silently, he hoped no one would take offense to that, but Chase was far too excited about this then he cared to let bother him. Getting a dog would be like getting a little slice of home… of himself… back. created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 02:31 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

if there's a place that I could be
then I'd be another memory
It had been a couple of days since his last visit with Ms. Jena, and that terrifying nightmare. Thankfully, she was able to show the light to Theo, and he was really still trying to get use to seeing things in a light he never saw them in before. Colors shown brighter, and everyone seemed to be in their own little world, and not judging Theo like he always thought they did. It even seemed the animals were in better spirits as he went about his traditional duties.

Maren wasn't scheduled to come in today, and the usual woman who worked the front desk was home sick today, so it was just little Theo working. Which wasn't a bad thing, really. It gave him time to talk opening without fear of anyone hearing him. He had the radio playing softly in the back, and he could occasionally sing along to a few of the songs he knew while he hurried around and fed the animals, refilled their water bowls, and made sure their records were up-to-date.

He was in the process of giving one of the dogs a bath, after he had decided to roll around in his food instead of eating it, when he heard a voice call out from the front desk. "Eager soon-to-be-pet-owner would like to see your pretty faces!" Theo chuckled to himself before he hurriedly rinsed the pup off and towel-dried him the best he could before letting the sink drain while he put the pup in the cage they used to keep the clean animals from the others. He was bundled in at least two towels, and as Theo turned the electric blanket that was under the plastic try to help keep him from getting sick, he grabbed a towel of his own to dry his hands off as he walked to the front of the store.

Sure enough, the customer had waited, and was peering over the desk for whatever reason he saw fit. Wiping his forehead with the back of his arm, he stood beside the desk and observed the young man for a bit, before drawing his attention. He was about Theo's height, with short, messy blonde hair, and a smile that split his face in the most perfect of ways. Not that Theo was checking him out or anything. Of course not.

As he cleared his throat softly, he put a soft smile of his own on his face as he got the young man's attention. "S-sorry about that." While he felt better about himself, he was still a little shy around the edges; but he really was working on it! "I was, um- working. In the back." He bit his lower lip as he looked down at his shoes then back up at the potential customer. No. Get your butt in check Theo. Now was not the time to be a stuttering mess. "One of the younger dogs felt the need to roll around in his food instead of eating it, so I gave him a quick bath."

He held out his hand, glad that he did dry his hands before coming out, as he welcomed the young man into the place. "My name's Theodor- Theo for short. So, were you in the search of a new friend?" The realization of what he said spun around in his brain and he felt his cheeks warming from the blush upon them. He wasn't meaning himself! He was meaning an animal! Better play it cool and not say anything about it. Yeah, that was a good plan. "All of the animals here are really very gentle, and deserve a good home. Um... did you know what you were looking for, by chance?" Out of habit, he scratched the back of his neck as he gave the young man another smile. This is why Maren did all of the talking.

the only hope for me is you
DESIGNED BY NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0

Words: 653; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 6 2013, 03:40 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 825The Outfit:here The Notes Annnnd he teases the shy kid xD Also, I love that picture of CLJ He wasn’t an incredibly impatient person, if anything he was the opposite. He was used to waiting for things, biding his time until the opportune moment to strike was upon him. There was a certain amount of patience you had to have when you hunted, taking all the time you needed to properly string the clues and tracks together until you knew exactly what to do and where to go. He was trained right, properly, able to use his time wisely and focus more on concentrating and doing things right rather than being too eager for the end result and end up messing it up. He was patient… But something about waiting right now, this moment, made him more anxious. It was hard to explain, even to himself, as he stood in the lobby with his back turned and eyeing the posters on the wall. It was a simple decision really. Want a dog? Sure! Get one! Easy enough right? Right? It wasn’t like it was such a big decision that you had to sit on it and contemplate for days. But there were things he was worried about, more so on a mental level than anything else. And that was what had caused the hesitation. These animals already had it hard enough, life dealing them a hand they couldn’t really work with. They deserved a second chance and he wanted to be able to provide that. He was here now though, had already made up his mind. And when Chase made up his mind, there was no going back. He was going to get this dog and he was going to like it. He was going to love it and hug it and call it… well… he didn’t know what he was going to name it but whatever he decided on it would be his. His companion and friend and there would be many new and wonderful memories they would share together. Of this he was certain. He chuckled to himself and shook his head, turning back around to wait for when someone would be around to help. Listening to what was going on he could hear someone shuffling around in the back, and heading his way. He couldn’t tell where they were, but the way they moved in a roundabout way made him realize that they were finishing something up. He smiled, nodding his head as he moved back to the front desk, waiting patiently albeit a bit excitedly. When the worker made his appearance, Chase looked up and offered a wide, friendly smile lifting a hand to wave off the apology. “Ah no, don’t even think twice about it! I understand!” he laughed, shaking his head. He understood how work was. Sometimes you couldn’t help what happened and you just had to roll with the punches and do your best. Really, he couldn’t blame the boy for taking the opportunity the slow business gave him. He would have done the same. Moving over to stand near the redhead, he took the hand that was offered to him and the opportunity to look him over. There wasn’t much to make note of, other than the shy way he bit his lip and looked down at his feet. It was slowly becoming obvious from the way he acted, and coupled with the way he spoke, that he wasn’t the most confident person. He sighed, a quiet chuckle under his breath as he shook his head. “Hmm… I didn’t know these shelters ran a two for one special. Come in looking for a companion and get a friend too. Guess today is my lucky day yeah?” he teased, winking playfully. “I’m Chase… Chase for short,” he continued, moving to gently nudge the boy. “It’s nice to meet you Theo.” he finished as he took a step back to give the uneasy boy some room to breathe. While he liked being playful and teasing people in good fun, he didn’t want to seem abrasive or like he was cruel. After all, what kind of friend would that make him? He smiled at the thought and nodded his head in response to the question he was asked, leaning slightly to see if he could see anything in the back. “Well, Theo, that was the plan. Think you can help me out a bit?” he asked with a sincere shrug of his shoulders, scrunching his face up in thought as he tried to think of how to answer the second part of the question. “And not really in the market for anyone in particular, just a dog with a good temperament. A good companion ya know? Really anything… er… anyone. Hope that makes sense.” he laughed to himself, gently putting his friends in the pocket of his jeans. He didn’t know what to expect from this encounter and what would come of this guy, if they’d become friends or not. But he was excited nonetheless. created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 04:44 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Tossing the towel on the back of the front desk chair, Theo took the short moment to recompose himself. As his hair fell over his eyes, he closed them tightly and exhaled quietly through his nose. There would be no way he would have noticed, for it was said and done faster than the blink of an eye. There was no reason to blushing like this, not when trying to give a worthy animal a new home. Even if the boy was joking about finding a friend and a companion- Theo shouldn't let it get to him. He did, however, let his enthusiasm seep into his pores.

Running his free hand through his hair, he smiled a warm, friendly grin at him. "Well Chase-for-short, you are in luck!" Mentally groaning at the pun, he tucked his thumbs into the belt of his jeans. Kicking at the floor with a Converse clad foot, he stood there listening as Chase Chase explained what he was looking for. A good companion, huh? He apparently knew what he wanted. Taking a minute to twirl a piece of hair around his finger, he chewed on his lip with his eyebrows bunched up in thought. Surely they had something that would fit his needs.

"I... think.......," he pondered for a moment out loud, tapping his chin with his index finger. Taking a moment to look at him from the corner of his eyes. He was all smiles. That was good. The way he was almost bouncing on his toes- he really wanted to walk out of here with a new friend. Or was it a companion? Weren't they one and the same? As he watched Chase lean around him, trying to get a look at what they had in the back. He couldn't help it, he laughed softly, running his hand through his hair again, coming back to the here and now. "I can assure you, we have a compa- friend, that you'll just love."

Turning on his heels, he started to make his way towards the back. Calling over his back, he gave Chase the okay that he could come with him. "You can leave your jacket on the coat rack, if you want. But follow me- wouldn't want you getting lost with the cats." Chuckling softly, he grabbed his plaid pull-over and slid his arms in the sleeves. As he inhaled deeply, he mentally pushed himself to stay calm. It was his duty as an overseer to these animals that they get a home- a stable place to live. Something he was able to experience for a short while as a fox. Maren would have faith in him- so did Ms. Jena.

Folding his collar down, he looked back at Chase and gave him another smile. Friendly. He needed to be friendly. "You said you wanted a good temperament? Um... were you looking for..... large, or small?" Holding out his arms, he gave a half spin and welcomed him into the core of the place. "This is where the magic happens." Giving a playful bow, he offered the entire room to this potential owner. He couldn't help but notice that, the longer he stayed in Chase's presence, the more- at ease he felt. Like he didn't have to try, and that all Chase wanted to do was.... was play.

Swinging back up, he reached over into a basket of toys and pulled out a tennis ball. Flicking his wrist, he tossed the ball at Chase with a small smirk. Where was that from? Theo smirking- what even. Still, he couldn't help but shake the feeling. Maybe he could find a friend in this Chase. Wrinkling his nose a bit and giving his head a small shake, he pushed that from his mind. The animals need a friend more than you do. As his ears caught wind of Chase's explanation of temperament, he couldn't help but feel a slight tug on his heartstrings when he heard him mention he was looking for an actual companion.

Smiling at Chase, since it was so hard to not smile about the chipper blonde, Theo took a moment to lean against the bolted in crates, sticking his finger in to caress the nose of a small blood hound pup. Just like Copper use to be. This one, however, didn't talk- and had a home waiting for him. He was going to miss him, but it was for the pup's best. Turning to look back at Chase, he felt a bit exposed, they way he let his guard down around a blood hound pup. Clearing his throat, Theo asked one question to get the ball started: "Do you want a male, or a female?"

Words: 790; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You?

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 9 2013, 11:11 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 1194The Outfit:here The Notes Sorry for posting so soon, take yer time xDAt first, he thought that his actions had caused the boy some odd sort of discomfort. He knew that his friendliness and teasing playful mannerisms weren’t always welcomed when it came to those shy in nature. His jokes weren’t always taken for what they were supposed to be, funny and light hearted. And maybe it was his fault because he didn’t play it up enough to indicate the humor he truly intended. But he feared he had said or done something that might not be conducive to the shy boy’s nature, something Theo might have one day appreciated if and when they got to know one another, but not so much as strangers meeting for the first time. Silently, Chase made a mental note, be less teasingly playful and instead be polite friendly, maybe make jokes aimed toward himself as to not ruffle the poor boy’s feathers more. But then, out from left field, he referenced the earlier joke he made during introductions. Chase-for-short. He laughed heartily, smiling as he did so. So maybe he hadn’t over stepped his boundaries and it just took the redhead a little bit of time to adjust and play along with him. The thought made a smile curl to his lips as he watched the boy with a look of interest, eyebrow raised silently in his direction. He was definitely different. Chase was good at making premature guesses on people, if only based on their appearance and initial behavior. But this Theo was something else, something different. It was interesting to see the progression in those few moments. From shy, to playful, and then back to shy again as he kicked the ground and chewed on his lip. Chase didn’t know what he was supposed to think about him, other than to be purely interested in seeing more… having more interaction. Getting to know him better and seeing him outside of the work environment. The light laugh that emanated from Theo called his attention back and he lifted his own hand, smoothing out the floppy blonde hair that he continually told himself in the mornings needed a serious trimming. Nodding his head when Theo said he could follow him and leave his jacket, Chase began the arduous task of peeling his jacket off and hanging it up, his plaid shirt seeming to like to get caught and be difficult in the sleeves. Hanging the jacket on the indicated coat rack, he made sure to listen intently to Theo so he wouldn’t get lost, cringing slightly at the mention of cats. Now, talk about a catastrophe that would have been. Cats hated him… even if he was nothing but kind to them. Obviously they were demon hell creatures able to sniff out that he once used to be a blood hound. He cringed again. “Yeahhhh… that wouldn’t be a good idea. Don’t know if I’d make it out of there alive. Talk about a cat…aclysm of a mess you’d have.” He laughed to himself, shaking his head as he jogged to catch up. Finally catching up (not that it was a hard task) Chase raised a brow to the redhead when he finally saw him, smiling at not only the way he seemed to be starting yet another 180 flip into playful puppy mode, but at his choice in clothes. Normally he wasn’t the type of person to point out when you matched clothes… it wasn’t like it was weird or a crime. But something stuck out about this random happenstance. He was trying to make a connection with Theo, for a reason he didn’t yet know why and couldn’t quite explain other than he wanted to be friend, and here this was. He shook his head, biting his tongue and making a note not to be Captain Obvious. Turning his attention to the animals around him, eyeing each of them quickly before turning to a few of the cages and sticking his fingers into a crate to greet one of the dogs, he shrugged. “Well, I was thinking something along the lines of a tea-cup Chihuahua, a small little dog I could carry around with me. Accentuate my femininity.” He joked, standing up and sauntering over to another crate with an over exaggerated sway to his hips. He laughed to himself, shaking his head as he knelt down, greeting another dog. “Really though, something big. I have an active lifestyle, so I’d like a dog that could keep up and enjoy it.” he said in a serious tone, looking over his shoulder just in time to notice the tennis ball being thrown in his direction. DAMNIT! Immediately he sprang into action, not giving himself a chance to drop the ball. Wrapping his fingers tightly around the toy at the precise moment, he smiled to himself. Looking up to Theo, he stood back up, tossing the ball from one hand to the next, before playfully tossing it back in his direction. He liked this side of Theo, the one who wanted to play and have a good time, the one appealing to his inner puppy. Looking away from the ginger, smile lingering on his lips, Chase eyed the crate he was leaning against, the animal he was giving attention to. For a moment, he swore his heart stopped beating while at the same time speeding up. He had told himself something like this would happen, that there would probably be a hound dog there and to not get too worked up about it. But preparing and actually dealing with it was hard. He couldn’t. Just watching that pup reminded him of when he too was young and innocent, not yet aware of his destiny. It reminded him of Tod… all the good times they had playing hide and seek and splashing in the creek, no inclination of what was going to happen to them, the heartbreak he would have to protect him and the betrayal he felt. That little pup did that in an instant, and left Chase eyeing him with sad, dark eyes. He didn’t mean to let himself get vulnerable, not that he had his defenses up with Theo, but he suddenly felt exposed. Suddenly felt that he was transparent and that this stranger could see straight down to his hypocritical heart. He turned away. “Male… female… so long as they are nice and we get along it doesn’t matter to me.” he said, swallowing back the sudden sourness and trying to reclaim his good mood. This was a happy day! He couldn’t let the cute pup be his undoing. He was stronger than this, he knew it. Taking a deep breath, he turned back around, smile reclaiming his lips. “I’m easy to please, big active dog with a good temperament and I’ll be one happy camper.” He couldn’t let the past and memories dictate how he was going to live and feel anymore. He wasn’t just Copper now, he was Chase too. And Chase deserved the chance to be happy and smile, and have friends and a good time. And he’d be damned if he let that part of his past ruin this for him. created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 11 2013, 01:47 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Taking another quick look at Chase, he couldn't help but chuckle at him. "Nice shirt." Theo couldn't help but grin as he showed off his plaid shirt to him. "Seems great minds think alike?" Ugh. Why was he trying to hard to impress this boy? He had just met him and every instinct in him say "impress." No one in this world, apart from Maren, had made Theo ever feel like this. What was just so special about this blonde-haired, blue eyed boy that made Theo wish he actually used a hairbrush? Well, he did, but it was just a quick sweep through- his hair was so thick, he didn't want to lose any bristles in his mane. They hurt when you forget about them and lay down, only to get stabbed in the head.

He was brought back to the real world with Chase's impression of a rather flamboyant version of himself, Theo couldn't help the laughter that erupted from his mouth. Not fast enough at covering his mouth, he bent over and laughed hard, holding his knees to keep him from falling. Remembering he was trying to help an animal find a home, he managed to push himself up to his regular position, his face red from laughing, as he patted his chest to clear his throat. "S-sorry! I-I couldn't help it." Wiping at his eyes, he licked his lips as he regained his composure. "That was a good one- it really was. But, yes. Seriousness. An active lifestyle? That's good. He couldn't help but grin as his instincts kicked in and he caught the ball on the drop of a needle. He wasn't going to lie to himself- that was a fantastic sight to behold.

Watching Chase toss the ball back and forth a couple times, Theo couldn't help but smile again as the ball came back to him. Catching it with an outstretched hand, he gentle stroked the fabric covering the ball with his thumb. "You've got the reflexes of a huntin' dog." He pushed back the taunt his mind was giving him. "Just like Copper." No. Not now. He couldn't. Chase wasn't Copper- Theo would've known. He bit his lip again, trying to bring himself back to the here and now. "We shoooooulld haveeeeeee. Hurm." He still wasn't one hundred percent sure what kind of dog would fit Chase's personality. He was still a bit clouded to Theo. Sighing softly as he gently stroked the blood hound's nose, he let the kindness of the pup seep through him. He needed to stay upbeat, and keep up with Chase. It had been so long since he'd enjoyed himself like this, he almost forgot what to do.

Looking back up at Chase, he noticed his demeanor changed. He had gone from being so up-beat and carefree to looking like someone had stolen his favorite toy. Those sad eyes upon his face made Theo's heart catch and almost stop. It took everything he had to not run to him and hug him. To stroke his hair and tell him that it would be okay. Instead, Theo stood rooted to the spot, the ball falling from his hand to bounce a few times and roll at Chase's feet. What had he done to cause this? Was it something he said? Something he did? He felt his eyes glaze over, and he quickly bit his tongue to keep from crying. Ironic, yes- but the pain in his mouth would keep him from seeming almost creeper like.

Just as he was about to say something, Chase quickly turned around, and Theo mentally cursed himself and hit himself in the forehead softly with his fist. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Why did you have to go and mess this up! It felt like his happy balloon had busted from the inside of his chest and he was now going to deflate and lay in a crumbled version of himself. Now he wasn't going to adopt anyone, and it was all Theo's fault. Why couldn't Maren be here?!

In an instant, however, Chase had turned back around and gave Theo a weird look as he gave his forehead one last pounding- blinking rapidly and straightening up under his gaze. "Oh, uh- sorry. Was, um... thinking?" He gave a very weak laugh, and licked at his lips again, his hand finding his hairline again as he pushed his hair back, letting his hand rest on the back of his neck. "Uh.... big, active dog? Um, yes...." He was stumbling over his words and he wished he had a moment to regain his composure so he didn't seem like he didn't know what he was doing. Shutting his eyes tightly, he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to put his best 'thinking' face on for Chase. Just a moment- that was all he needed.

His eyes shot open in an instant, and a little light bulb flicked on above his head. He knew the perfect dog for Chase! The rush of adrenaline course quickly through Theo's veins, and his next actions would've turned his face scarlet had it not been for the breakthrough. Basically leaping from the wall of crates, he reached out and grabbed Chase's wrist, pulling him towards the back of the place, where they kept the larger dogs. He knew just the dog. She needed a good home, and Chase would be perfect for him. Keeping a hold of his wrist, he pulled Chase behind him, taking a left, straight down into another large open room. There. Large crate to the right. There she was.

Turning to look at Chase, he pointed with an over-excited look upon his face. "Here she is! You two will get along just great, I know it!" Without a second thought about him still holding onto Chase's write, he let go and knelt down, undoing the latch and patting his lap. "C'mere girl, I got someone that wants to meet you!" This was always the best part: Showing the potential owners their possible companion. On command, the large red and white female husky leaped from the crate and draped her front paws over Theo's shoulders. With a loud laugh, he lost his balance and landing on his butt on the cool floor. He didn't care, he had an overgrown teddy bear licking at his face and he couldn't help but be in a good mood now.

Managing to push the excited pup back, he looked up at Chase with a grin. "Wadda ya think? She's beautiful, inn't she? And look!" He directed his attention to her eyes. "She's heterochromia- one blue and one brown eye! I think they're fantastic, oh yes I do!" He couldn't keep his excitement in any long, and as she scratched behind her ears he nuzzled his nose against hers, laughing again as she licked up the side of his face. "Go on! She won't bite." He grinned up at Chase now- "I promise!"

Words: 1170; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You?

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 11 2013, 11:43 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 1385The Outfit:here Notes:Words got away with me! Food network distracted me into back tracking too much. SO SORRY! The whole hearted laugh that emanated from the redhead made his heart swell, the largest smile he could muster forming on his lips. This was what he lived for, liked about life. There were so many reasons to find fault in the world around you, so many things to make you doubt yourself and life and become a hollow, angry, frustrated shell. But those few moments in life when you could just let go of all the stress weighing you down and laugh were what he thrived for. He was a joker, someone who loved laughing and making other people laugh. So when his exaggerated hip sway and saunter made Theo laugh so hard his face turned red and he had to grip his knees to keep from falling, Chase couldn’t help but light up. He had tried so hard from the beginning to elicit such a laugh, tried so hard to see and hear that carefree unadulterated laugh. And when it finally came, it was worth every second. He beamed. The other thing about laughter, it was infectious. Just like when you saw someone yawn, and couldn’t help but yawn yourself, hearing someone else laugh made you want to laugh. So when Theo finally let himself enjoy those few, quickly passing seconds, Chase too found himself laughing as well. It was a quiet sort of laugh where he just shook his head smiling and pointing like an idiot, trying not to call any attention to himself. It felt good to let go of everything for a few short seconds, to just relish in the shared moment with someone else and not care about anything else. It was easy to laugh around Theo, even if it wasn’t as easy to make him laugh. That would change though, or else his name wasn’t Chase Orion Cooper. Okay, so he really wasn’t Chase Cooper… but he was for arguments sake. And as it slowly wound down and the ginger apologized for getting carried away, Chase shook his head. “I could totes rock it, don’t be hatin’,” he finished, popping his hip in and folding his arms over his chest as the finish to the little joke, chuckling seconds later and breaking character. After that, it felt more natural being around the boy, passing the ball back and forth with nothing but the dogs around them. It was easy to just be in his company and he found that he quite enjoyed it. Though, everything came to a stall when he mentioned that his reflexes were reminiscent of a hunting dog. It was the icing on the cake, his words, that made him choke up and take a step away. Did he know? How could he? Was it Tod? No, it couldn’t be. He had known Tod his whole life… he’d be able to sniff him out immediately. It had to just be a coincidence. That… or well… he really was as transparent as he feared, and this virtual stranger could see right down to his guilt ridden hypocritical core. His breath caught in his throat as he tried to pull himself together. Neither was a possibility! He hadn’t done anything to warrant either sort of reaction, unless of course the boy was Tod and had seen it fit to dangle himself in front of him, teasing and tormenting his soul. But that couldn’t happen! Theo was Theo, not Tod. And Theo couldn’t see his past, of that he was sure. He sighed, bending down an lifting up the tennis ball by his foot that they were just tossing back and forth, fingers running over the rough material. “Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself,” he chided nervously like a schoolyard child as he watched the redhead smack himself on his forehead. He had explained it like it was a thinking process, but something told Chase that that was just a ruse. He hadn’t really seen the way Theo looked at him when he was caught up in his own mind, so he didn’t want to jump to conclusions that he was sympathetic, or feeling guilty for stirring up bad memories that Chase would have made up if questioned. All that he could really say is that it seemed more of a cover than a thinking process. Only people in those goofy animated kids shows actually hit themselves to get the creative juices flowing. But he wasn’t going to call him out on it, 1) because it would be rude, and 2) because who was he to even do, they were strangers. He was about to open his mouth to form some sort of apology or question based on his curiosity to what he was thinking about when it seemed he had a moment of enlightenment. The excitement on his face as it lit up was enough for his hesitant smile to become genuine and renew his enthusiasm for his adventure. THIS WAS HAPPENING! HE WAS GETTING A DOG! Laughing brightly as Theo practically threw himself off the crates and wrapped his fingers around his wrist to drag him off to some magical place in the back, Chase shook his head. Now it was his turn to be the vulnerable, heart of a school girl, guy. He couldn’t explain why it caused him to blush, but he did, causing him to grow even more embarrassed about it and lighting up even brighter. Things like this simple touch never fazed him; he was the playful fellow who flirted fearlessly. He couldn’t let it bother him… he wouldn’t. When they finally arrived at their destination, Theo’s fingers lingering on his skin for those few short moments as he claimed he’d get along with the dog he was about to show, Chase concentrated on what was about to transpire. He was about to possibly meet the dog he was going to adopt and love on and call his squishy… or… whatever… he just didn’t know what to expect. Did Theo choose correctly? Would he want a second try with bachelor (or bachelorette) number two? He didn’t know. But his eyes were locked on the crate that Theo was opening, waiting with bated breath. Before he knew it, a beautiful red husky bounded out excitedly, treating Theo like an old friend. A smile broke out on his face as he gave a hearty laugh, watching the scene unfold in front of him. It was like a scene right out of a movie, he was the stranger standing on the side lines as the owner like character eagerly reunited with the excited pet, knocking said owner on their butt laughing. It was nice, and once again infectious. He chuckled, shaking his head as Theo beckoned him over by asking questions and showing him the uniqueness about her eyes. The invitation was enough and he closed the short distance, kneeling down so he was level with the ginger and husky. “Heterochromi….ohhhhhh! I get it now!” he said, laughing as Theo explained the phenomena of her having different color eyes. He smiled at the dog as he offered out his hand for her to sniff and become acquainted with, before leaning a hand forward and scratching behind her ears with a an airy laugh. His eyes diverted to the boy next to him, flashing a smile, “Mm… I hope you’re aman of your word, cause I’m holding it to ya,” he said with another wink, looking back to the dog and reaching another hand forward scratching behind her second hair and cooing playfully at her. “Such a pretty girl you are... yes you are! What’s your name sweetheart,” he said, following it by a mock quiet howl and leaning his forehead onto her own. He gave a quick kiss before leaning back, looking to Theo with a raised brow. “So far, so good. Somehow I think you’ve got me pegged.” he laughed, with a raised brow. “First we apparently shop in the same place, now you’re picking a good dog… I’m starting to think you might be spying on me Theo… if that is your real name.” he joked, lifting a hand and running it through his hair before shaking it out quickly. This was becoming very real, and very much fun. Such a good way to spend his day off. created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 12 2013, 09:31 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Theo was really surprised at how willingly Chase followed him to the back room. Most customers would have spazzed a little bit and begged of him to not get into their little bubbles anymore. As sat on the floor scratching 'Red,' as they called her, under her chin, he beamed a smile to bright at Chase he could care less if it made him see like a creeper. This really was what made Theo happy: helping other animals find friends that they can call their own. Finding a friend, a child, a cuddlebug. Whatever they wanted to deem the animal they took home, Theo was just happy to help.

As Chase cleared the short distance to where Theo and Red sat, he smiled when she sniffed at Chase's hand then started licking it before he started to scratch her behind her ear. Looking over at Chase from the corner of his eye, Theo gave Chase his own smile- one mixed with a slight grin and a twinkle in his eye. "How about this: if she doesn't fit your taste, I'll buy you a pizza?" And as if his stomach was listening in on the conversation, it echoed a loud growl; making his eyes go wide and his face flush in embarrassment. He was so busy with his day that he forgot to get anything to eat. "Eheh... uh- sorry 'bout that....." He scratched at the back of his neck and looked back to Red. "Oh- she doesn't have an official title, but I call her 'Red.' Yeah- lame, I know." He gave a casual eye roll and a small shrug of his shoulders. "But it- it hurts to get too.... attached to them when you know they're going to find a home."

His shoulders dropped a bit as he thought about getting attached to someone, only to have them either torn from you, or be left alone. The darkness that was his past was pawing at the back of his mind and he mentally cursed it. Quickly pushing the painful memories back into the darkest corners of his mind, he chuckled softly. "It's, not really something we like to admit here- getting attached to them." Looking up at Chase with a sad look in his eyes, he quickly blinked the thought away and smiled again. "But you'll be glad to know that we have the highest adoption rating in the city. With the lowest in returns." And it was true. Theo and Maren made sure the place was spotless, well kept, and that the animals were at their best. They treated all the animals as if they were their own.

Smirking at Chase's comment of where they shop, he playfully pulled at his checkered shirt. "I don't think I could pull blue off all that well. I'm more of a-," as he stated this, he pointed to his hair, "-more of a 'red' sorta fella. If it was obvious." As Chase went on with his statement, Theo felt a blush reoccurring on his cheeks as he mentioned spying on him. Placing a hand to his chest, he lent back on his other hand, giving him a mocked shock look. "Why, whatev'a could you mean by tha?" He bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing at his Southern Bell drawl, his eyes shining playfully again. "I would neva!" Then he dramatically placed the back of his hand to his forehead and tilted his head back in a distressed belle before losing it again.

Wrapping his arms around his stomach, he laughed deep from the bottom of his stomach again. What was it about Chase that was letting Theo be at such ease? There was still a bit of uncertainty as to whether or not he was crossing his boundaries with Chase, but Theo couldn't help it, Chase kept dishing them out, and Theo didn't want to be left in the dark. This happiness was a feeling he hadn't felt in a long while, and he wanted to hold onto it for as long as he possibly could. Finally able to properly control himself, Theo wiped the tears from his eyes and inhaled deeply to keep from getting the hiccups. That's not what Chase needed to see right now. Theo plus hiccups equals a right mess.

"Y-you caught me!" He was wheezing between his words, trying not to laugh again. "I-I'm not Theo! I'm... I'm actually...." He snapped his hands opened on either side of his face with a wide grin. "Theodor!" He started laughing again, he couldn't help it. His face was hurting from all the smiles and laughter he was doing. His sides were surely going to split if they kept this up. Smashing his hands against his face, he tried once more to stifle the uncontrollable laughter. Looking up at Chase, tears running down his face, he couldn't help but apologize. "I-I I'm sor-so-sorry!!" He wasn't sure how long he would be like this, but he tried his best to dry his eyes from the tears that were now pouring down his cheeks.

Words: 852; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You? Notes: OMG These two are too adorable-!!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 13 2013, 10:53 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 1040 some oddThe Outfit:here Notes:ALL THE CUTENESS FEELS! Everything was moving so fast now, faster than he realized it ever would have. And not just in the sense of getting to picking out a dog, but with Theo too. Sure, his initial reason had been to adopt a dog, this husky already winning over his heart, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t make other friends too. And as it seemed, even though it was a verbal mess up, offering to be friends, Theo was opening up to the idea more and more. While it started off rough at first, he was already on the level of getting food… which could either just be a polite way of saying that he picked out the winner, or was offering to either spend more time together than just handling papers with Red or go out on another day and spend time then. It was nice to see that feeling reciprocated, that he too was interested in being friends now. Hearing Theo’s stomach growl at the mention of food after he made the promise of pizza were he to not like Red, Chase chuckled, shaking his head. Gentling petting the dog’s head, fingers curling to give a quick scratch behind her ear, he recoiled slowly. Using his hands to catch himself as he allowed himself to fall on his butt, he sat cross legged facing the pair of redheads. “You must be pretty confident to offer me food,” he started with a raised brow, patting his leg and calling over the husky. “So I guess that means if she is to my taste, I get to order us some Chinese or something while we figure out paperwork.” he finished, raising a brow. Honestly, he could save them the waiting time by ordering now, he was fairly certain this was the dog for him. Taking her face in both of his hands, he leaned forward so they were nose to nose. “Red? Is that so? Is your name Red?” he cooed, looking at Theo through the corner of his eye. He should have been embarrassed for talking to her like a mother would her child, but something about the company he was surrounded by comforted him. He didn’t have to worry about looking like a fool, because face it; nothing was more foolish than when he swayed his hips flamboyantly followed by the hip pop. He was comfortable. Pulling away from the Red, his fingers idly rubbing under her chin, he listened as Theo explained how he felt about getting attached to the animals, how it wasn’t something he cared to admit to, and in that moment he understood how he was feeling. Sure, he never personally had that sort of opportunity, but he knew what it was like to get close to someone and have them taken away from you. It winded and disoriented you, as if someone pulled the rug out from beneath your feet without you knowing. Catching your breath felt impossible… like the tightness would forever be a part of you. He understood that, and he could relate. It was an awkwardly painful feeling, having to let go… and even more painful when you had to move forward. Okay, so, different sorts of attachment, nonetheless relatable though. Lifting his hand, he gently patted Theo on the shoulder, taking a moment to note whether or not he was comfortable with the contact. “Think of it this way Theo… it’s not goodbye. You’ll get to see this gorgeous babe all the time you’ll get sick of it! And I’m not just talking about the dog. She’s pretty and all… but come on! Look at this face.” he laughed, smiling like an idiot. He waited a moment before shaking his head, finding it hard to do anything but smile around his ginger. And before he knew it, it was his turn to laugh until his cheeks burned from it. He would have had a comment about the clothing colors, something about blue being a compliment or some other random fun fact he had heard, but the way he went on like a southern belle made him lose it. His arms wrapped around his stomach and he leaned forward, almost in a fashion as if he wasn’t feeling well. His shoulders shook with a quiet, contained laugh before he leaned back, laughing louder than he thought he would have. His breath was coming in short gasps as he tried to calm himself down, but each time he looked back to the lively redhead leaned back in a damsel-esque pose, he found himself racked with chuckles. If this is what it was like when he played back, they were going to have a beautiful friendship. There was no coming back and rebutting that joke, it was perfect the way it was. Taking a moment to compose himself, Chase purposefully avoided looking at the boy next to him so as to avoid laughing again prematurely. It was all he could do from not looking like an idiot. Cheeks red, sides aching from laughing so hard, a single tear falling down his cheek, he took a deep breath. Okay! He was good! Cheeks red from smiling so much, sides aching from laughing, he looked up to Theo as he watched him admit he wasn’t really who he said he was. “LE GASP!” he gasped in shock, eyes widening as he played along with the little scene. It took everything he had to not burst out laughing a second time, keeping the humorously shocked look on his face. “Theodor? Theodor? You think you can fool me? I know who you really are! You’re the infamous style thief... Teddy. Aren’t you!” he exclaimed excitedly, pointing his finger accusingly like one of those detectives from those old movies. He kept his face straight for a long moment before letting himself laugh again, leaning back on his hands to steady himself. “No no! Don’t be sorry… that was great! I haven’t laughed like this in ages!” he admitted between a fit, taking a deep breath after to once again compose himself. The smile on his lips seemed to widen, if possible, his eyes glistening with tears he tried to hold back. "So." he started with a quirked brow, "do you do this with all your customers or am I just special." he joked, wiggling his eye brows and laughing. REALLY! This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:39 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

A small smirk played across his lips. "I wouldn't really call it confidence- maybe good instincts?" He ran a hand through his hair, watching as Chase stayed knelt down petting his possible new friend/companion. It was a little off though, usually he had to talk more, be more serious, and tell all the traits that would qualify this dog to be the best match for him. Chase was different. Chase actually let Theo go on his guy instincts and didn't question him.

Drawing a leg up, he rested his arm upon his knee as he watched Chase join them on the floor. Theo couldn't help but notice the way he held himself. Everything Chase did seemed to be completely normal- almost as if nothing phased him. Theo was a bit envious of him. What he wouldn't give to be able to be as open and casual as he was. Today had been a complete set of news for him, most of them revolving around Chase. The two of them would get a long really well. Chase seemed to have the mental capabilities to keep up with Red, and she seemed like he would keep her busy.

An eyebrow arched itself in Chase's general direction at the offering of ordering Chinese. "Are you willing to accept the fact that I was right?" His stomach growled again and Theo pressed a hand to it. Why were they still talking about food? Better yet, why was Chase so willing to counter his offer? Theo was pondering on whether or not he would be crossing that invisible line that separated work from play if he accepted, but another growl, much longer than the first two- made his mind up. "I can take you up on that offer actually, if you mean it." He didn't want to get his hopes up; but with the way his stomach was going, he could eat a pizza all on his own.

Watching Chase from the corner of his eye, Theo felt something stir deep within his chest. He wasn't certain as to what was going about inside of him, but he started to idly play with his shoestrings as Chase got better acquainted with Red. This was normally the part where he would back out and check on the other dogs, or double check the records and get everything prepped for their decision. They were just mere distractions as he tried to tear himself from the dog. He was a honest wreck the entire time Maren was showing off the young hound pup when the newly wed couple cooed and ahhed over him. Maren caught onto him, but thankfully the others didn't- she always seemed to know what was going on in Theo's head. At least, she did. Since Christmas and New Years she had been a little scattered. But it was alright, she didn't need to see him in the states he had been in.

His head came up to meet Chase's gaze when the boy had placed a hand upon his shoulder. His mouth was just barely parted and his eyes had to be the size of saucer plates. Yet, there was barely a blush upon his cheeks. How was he not spazzing at this simple effort of contact? Any other person, or day, Theo would have been stuttering and stammering over his words while he fumbled around trying to find something to get his mind off of the situation. Wait, was he comforting Theo? Why? Did he see the look on his face? He mentally face palmed himself and quickly shifted his gaze from Chase's large, concerned eyes to Red, who was stretching out before them.

At least, he did until Chase reverted to his joking self- there was a blush on his cheeks now. A fresh smile upon his face, Theo shook his head a bit, some of his hair falling into his eyes. "Yes, obviously I'm upset over not getting to see you again." Why had he just said that? He turned to look at Chase, who was smiling now, and gave a simple comment on his choice of colors. He was shocked when he saw Chases cheeks start to change color. Was he blushing from the comment, or from Theo's impression of a Southern Belle? Either way, they both got lost in a good, long laugh that made their faces hurt and tears form at the corners of their eyes.

Managing to choke out a few words between heavy gasps of air, Theo ran a hand through his hair once more. "So-so this is how-haha, how to get the Infamous Chase t-to not have a comeback? haha!" Oh how his sides hurt. He wrapped both of his arms around his stomach as he saw Red looking at them with an expression that read "whatever are you two doing?" He envisioned her with a British accent for some odd reason, and as he stuck his tongue out at her he chuckled when she responded with her swatting at her nose in a "you caught me" manner. "Teach you to judge me," she said softly under his breath at her- it was a playful gesture, one he had done multiple times with the other dogs.

Theo had finally admitted to Chase that he wasn't Theo, but in fact: Theodor, and Chase nearly lost it again. He gasped mockingly and pointed an over-dramatic finger at Theo. He thought he was in the clear, that there wouldn't be another reason to laugh for a while now, for he feared his sides would surely split open from laughing so much, when he was called "Teddy." Something about the name just made him laugh more, and he gave a soft whimper as his sides throbbed. "Oh please Sir! Please, you caught me! Don't call the cops on me, I'm not cut out for jail!" God the way Chase made Theo feel. It was like he was running around and playing tag with Copper again.

When he felt it was say to stand up, he pushed himself to his feet and held his arms out for balance. His legs were a little numb and he didn't feel like falling. Letting out a short puff of air, he held out his hand for Chase. "Well, I suppose I'll take part of the blame for making you laugh like that- I feel your pain. I think I may have split a side, or two." He gave him a playful wink. Why was he winking at him? Did someone secretly turn on a "Charm" button that Theo didn't know he had? Shaking his head softly, helping Chase to his feet with ease, Theo had to confess: "No, actually. You're the first-" Unless you want to count an old, old friend that he couldn't find anymore. "That I've actually been this open with. So, there you go ego. You are special." Standing there, he thought about what he had said. Oh he hoped Chase didn't take that the wrong way- that sounded a lot more..... flirty than he had wanted it to sound.

Patting his upper thigh he clicked his tongue against his teeth to call Red over. He followed with little effort and nosed her muzzle against Theo's hand, and he caressed her head, folding her ears back and giving them a soft scratch before she decided she was done and went to rub her head against Chase's leg. A smirk had officially plastered itself upon Theo's face. "Well, well, well. Looks like I was right. She seems quite attached to you, Chase." He beckoned with a nod of his head towards the door. "Shall we get started on that paperwork? You can use the front desk phone if you're still set on that food." And with that, Theo turned to show them back to the front of the store. Red would be fine without a leash, she was an obedient little thing, even for a pup her age. Leading them through the hallways and the first room they had been through, Theo took the towel he had draped over the chair and folded it before stuffing it under the desk.

Booting up the computer, he looked through a couple of the drawers before exclaiming with an 'aha!' when he pulled out the proper paperwork that would be needed. Taking an orange highlighter, he pulled the cap off with his teeth and highlighted all the places Chase would need to sign, putting a small dot where he himself would sign. "Now- all ewe need ta do ish sighn where iths highlitted." Well, maybe that would've sounded better if he didn't have a cap between his teeth. Closing the highlighter, he stuck it behind his ear and started over. "Heh, sorry about that. But yeah, if you could just sign on all the highlighted spots, we can get this party started." Looking up at the computer screen, he typed in the codes needed for bringing up Red's file. With a small sigh, he went to double checking the information as Chase worked on reading (at least he hoped he was reading) and filling out the paperwork. His stomach growled again and he just groaned in protest. "Just shut up already. Please?"

Words: 1548; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You? Notes: JFC That got long ;w;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 09:50 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 1491The Outfit:here The Notes Sorry its kind of blah D:He hadn’t really known what he was looking for when he came into the shelter, not really knowing or caring what he left with, so long as it was a dog and not some hell beast cat. Call him unprepared, call him spontaneous, call him whatever! Point was, he wanted to give everyone a chance. So who was he to question the judgment call Theo made in picking Red? Theo obviously had more experience with these animals, knew them and their quirks and who best they might get along with. He had the chance to interact with him, to get to know their personalities. Chase didn’t want to restrict him, to stifle him. He was the expert… he had every confidence that Theo would do right by him. And he wasn’t disappointed. Red was a sweet dog, and even though he only had a few minutes to get acquainted with her and see how she acted, he didn’t need much more than that. His instincts told him that she was a good fit, that she was what he was looking for in a new companion. He couldn’t explain how or why he knew, maybe having once been a dog in the past playing into those feelings, but he did. He got good vibes from her as she laid herself out in front of them, watching the spectacle that was taking place. “I’m not too proud as to see when I’m wrong… or well… someone other than me is right. I have to let other people be right sometimes, otherwise they might get suspicious.” he joked, winking playfully as Theo’s stomach once again gurgled. He felt himself chuckle and shake his head, lifting a brow as it seemed the boy was embarrassed by the sound, maybe contemplating the counter offer he had made. He couldn’t tell if he had overstepped his boundaries in offering take-out, having read too much into what was going on, but that didn’t change his mind. Social conventions were lost on him, figurative lines in the sand being just that… lines in the sand. He didn’t care if he crossed over them or if someone else did. So when Theo decided to take him up on the offer, his smile widened and he nodded assuredly. “I’m not some sadistic bastard to wave food in front of someone’s face and snatch it away last minute. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, so if you want some Chinese, I’m buying.” he explained, running a hand through his hair in much the same fashion he had observed Theo do. When the silence began to take over, Chase turned his attention back to the pup in front of them, using the comfortable quiet to just watch her and get an idea of how she was. Occasionally he was look to the boy next to him, noting how uncomfortable he seemed in the silence as he played with his shoelaces. Or so Chase assumed. He didn’t know if it was something he did or said, or if it was just a quirk of Theo’s that was pass as soon as conversation started again, but he was intrigued. This guy could go from laughing and smiling to awkward turtle in just a few seconds. He had to wonder, what in life had made him act this way? Very quickly, his observation and personality gauging became spilt between two, as he turned his attention occasionally from Red to Theo. “You see… I knew it. It was all over your face. You’d miss me. It’ll be okay though, I’m here for you Theo.” he laughed, winking at the ginger playfully. He was only kidding around, and a part of him wondered if Theo understood that. If he knew that he was only trying to cheer him up because he seemed sullen. Yeah, he meant it; he did want to be friends and be around to hang out. But the whole ego trip was just for shits and giggles. Most times it just got people to smile and laugh, and that was what he was counting on. The easiest way to get someone to like you and be friends with you was to make them laugh. People wanted to be around people they liked and could have a good time with. Just as fast as the situation became hard to handle, the laughing making it hard to breathe and his sides hurt, it began to die down. There was a moment between silent chuckles and deep breaths, trying to calm himself down, that he heard Theo say something. And while he wanted to come back and say something sassy, he didn’t want to inflict too much hilarity and pain on them. Both of them had turned red and got tears in their eyes from what had transpired, there was no reason for them to laugh so hard one of them spontaneously combusted into a mess of confetti on the shelter floor. When he was sure he had caught his breath, he looked up, quietly watching the conversation between Theo and Red, a sweet smile on his lips. He really did have a connection with the animals. It was cute really, endearing. And then the jokes came back. He felt like he was back home, playing with Tod without a worry or care. Before he knew what he was doing, saying, the words left his mouth. He sat there laughing, clutching his sides in hopes it would be enough to keep them from splitting. It was a stupid insinuation, a joke and play on his name. It shouldn’t have been all that funny. But it was, and he couldn’t help it. He gave a mock sigh when he felt like he had caught his breath enough, and nodded his head. “You’re lucky the fashion police have no authority here. You’re safe for another day Teddy.” he finished, smirk on his lips as the nickname slipped out with ease. OKAY! NOW HE WAS DONE WITH THE JOKES! Nodding his head, he watched as Theo got back to his feet, eying the hand that was offered to him. Looking up to the redhead, smiling, he took the gracious offer and pulled himself back to his feet, holding the boy’s hand with a steady grip. Not wanting to cause any sort of discomfort, he let go as soon as he was balanced on his feet, and watched as Theo admitted that he actually was the first person he did this with. While he hadn’t asked it so he could go on an ego trip, something inside of him swelled with happiness at the answer. “Well, I’m glad you felt comfortable enough to open up to me.”His cheeks flushed a light color and he looked away, listening as he called Red to follow them back to the front. He was about to start heading back to the front, when he felt the dog nuzzle against his leg, and Theo speak with a brightness he hadn’t before. He looked up to see the smile on his face, and then down to the affectionate dog. His chuckled, shaking his head as he scratched behind her ears, leaning down to pet her back and pat her on the side lovingly. “Well, what can I say, chicks dig me,” he laughed, shaking his head and looking up to Theo to gauge the reaction, “at least of the canine variety,” he clarified finally, grin turning into a smirk. Patting his leg as he followed Theo back up to the front, he watched as Red followed obediently. Even for being as young as she was she seemed well trained, that was an added bonus he was thankful for. Though, he would have to test to see just how obedient she was. “So, you okay with Chinese? Or more interested in that pizza?” he asked as he approached the front desk, watching as Theo began highlighting areas on the paperwork that he would have to sign. Now this was more like it! He knew he couldn’t get away without filling out stupid paperwork. He groaned in protest like a child as he began to read the contractual mumbo jumbo, eyes skimming the page and signing the highlighted spots as he got to them. Signing the last line, he capped the pen and turned the paperwork back to face Theo, raising a brow as he complained to his stomach. “Will you be able to survive the wait for delivery or do I have to make an emergency run so you don’t die of starvation?” he joked, raising a playful brow to him. “Wouldn’t want you passing out on me Teddy! Stay with me!” he laughed, running his hand through his hair and shaking it out after. “So lay it on me,” he started, sifting through his pockets for a scrap piece of paper to write the order on so he could make sure he got it right, “what would you like to eat? Anything you want!”created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 12:29 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Everything that had happen tonight was completely new to him. Ever since crossing the Portal, he had been very quiet. Compared to the overly ecstatic fox he once was. He warmed up to Widow Tweed, Big Mama, Boomer, even Copper with little effort. There was just something about being in this new world that made him a bundle of nerves. Maybe it was the way everyone else held their expectations over everyone's head. They had to be a certain temperament, or a certain mentality. Heck, Theo found it easier to pick a pet than make friends sometimes.

That was different with Chase though. Ever since Chase had waltz into the shelter, Theo felt drawn to him. Like they were meant to be a part of the others life in one way or another. The more they spent together, the more this rang true in Theo's mind. Chase was honest, open, and funny. He had let Theo voice his opinion, more than once, and got Theo to open up. Something he hadn't done since Copper. He had made Theo blush, laugh, and cry- all in one night. As Chase followed Theo to the front of the shelter, he couldn't help the smile that was upon his face.

"Only the canines? That almost seems like a shame." He commented teasingly about Chase's luck with the ladies. "I could have sworn you would be swamped in the ladies, what with such a fashion sense you have." He followed it with a soft laugh and a wink in Chase's direction. Making himself comfortable, Chase was going on about what to order. Chinese or Pizza. Pulling his legs up so he could set cross-legged in the swivel chair, he tapped his finger to his lower lip. "You know... pizza sounds great and all, but....." He gave Chase a smirk. "Chinese was your counter offer, so Chinese it is!"

Turning his attention to the computer, he mentally noted the last of Red's shots and check-ups. "You'll be pleased to know, that she's fitter than a fiddle." He smiled at Chase as he watched him read over the paperwork and sign where he was needed. It was nice to have someone willingly fill the paperwork out without fussing openly about it. Theo didn't like the paperwork either, but it was the law, and as Theo found out in his early years of being in this world: you always to what the law says. It was the same saying Big Mama use to tell him: It's either education, or elimination! And Theo really didn't like the second option.

He twirled a bit of his hair between his fingers, an somewhat old habit he did when he was waiting on something or was just bored, he clicked some options on the screen. "Sadly, because of that- you won't get to see me as much as you've been letting on." He flashed a grin at Chase, unable to keep from teasing him. It was only fair, right? Chase had called him Teddy, and even made him cry from laughter. So this shouldn't be crossing the line, he hoped. His stomach growled and as he told it to shut up, he wrapped an arm around it as he commanded the computer to print out Red's papers.

Chase was enthusiastic in questioning if he'd make the wait or not. "I've waited this long, I think I can wait a bit longer. If you place an order, you can chill here with Red and I for a bit longer." He chuckled a bit, and pulled the paperwork over to his side of the desk, stacking them together and skimming to make sure he had signed every line. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I haven't really had Chi...nese... be... fore...." His reply was lost in the air as his eyes actually caught sight of what Chase had signed. Chase. Orion. Cooper. He felt his jaw drop and he blinked rapidly a few times. No. There wasn't a chance, was it? Slowly looking up at Chase with what could only be described as a look of surprise, Theo saw him standing there with paper and pencil in hand.

Shaking his head quickly to push that thought out, he stammered a rushed reply. "I-um.. food. Uh... Somethingwithchicken." His mind was drawing a complete blank. What the heck was he suppose to do? Was this guy really his Copper? Or was Theo just over reacting about his last night? Cooper was common, wasn't it? Theo honestly didn't know. Quickly looking down, he grabbed the pen and starting signing the lines he was suppose to sign. Theodor Phoenix Fahks. There. It wasn't the greatest of handwriting, but his mind wasn't focused on how it looked, even though his last name was the neatest of the three. He hastily scanned over the paperwork, and noticed there was a spot he forgot to highlight.

"Y-you.. I uh. I forgot a line for you." His cheeks flushed and he pushed the paperwork back, a large circle where Chase had to finish signing. Licking his lips, he tried to think of something he could eat, but in all honesty- he had lost his appetite. What was he going to do this Chase actually was Copper? This- this should be a happy moment, right? Why was he freaking out so badly... Running a shaky hand through his hair Theo remembered some of Chinese food was spicy. "Um-n-nothing spicy... please..." Oh God why was this happening? There was no way Chase was Copper. Copper would've known it was him, he had the best nose out of any dog he ever met. "I-I trust your judgement."

Words: 948; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You?; Notes:omgiamsosorrythistookforeveranditsterriblepleaseforgiveme

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 05:00 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

The Words: 1305The Outfit:here The Notes Guess who couldn't not go over 1k? Looking back at the possibilities of the day, Chase couldn’t help but feel satisfied by how things transpired. The day had started off without hitch on his plan to procrastinate on doing anything involving house cleaning and chores. First he had to get in his healthy dose of couch potato-ing, making sure to catch up on his soaps- because he was definitely that type of guy. After couch potato-ing was over there was a good long debate with himself about how he was hungry, but didn’t have anything in his fridge. He reminded himself that that should be his reason to go grocery shopping. But then, he would have to cook the food and that would require doing dishes. You see, there in laid the problem, he didn’t want to do dishes. So obviously, the next best thing had been to get a dog. That was the obvious answer that sang to his procrastinative soul. So here he was, smirking to himself as Theo joked with him. Really, while the idea had been spontaneous and off the wall, Chase was glad he had actually gone through with it. The abysmal state which his apartment was in would no doubt haunt him into his dreams, but in just a short span of time he had met someone, laughed, cried, was in the process of adopting a dog and making a new friend, and was going to get food out of it. Either way he looked at it, the day was a complete success. Nothing could, nor would it, knock him out of his good mood. Even though Theo had initially seemed like the shy type who would take days of coaxing to lighten up and be more open, Chase had been surprised. Either Theo wasn’t nearly as introverted and cautious as he outwardly appeared at first, or Chase’s ability to connect and make people open up had been better than he knew. Either way, it made him excited to see Theo the way he was, talking to him and trusting him. If he still had a tail, it no doubt would have been wagging, of that Chase was sure. Though, Red seemed to have the excited puppy part down to a ‘T’. He would never steal that glory from her. His days of adorable puppyhood were over. Raising a brow at Theo as he mentioned the shame it was about the ladies, Chase paused in silent contemplation. Well now… the door had been opened for many an opportunity here. He could be snarky and sarcastic, poking fun at the ginger. Or he could rag on himself a bit more, get him to laugh again, Chase really did like the sound of laughter. Or maybe… he could even be a bit flirty and teasing. Though, the latter option he wasn’t quite sure of since he didn’t want to put Theo on the spot. He bit his lip, not letting his eyes leave the boy, deciding what course of action to take. “You know, I thought the same thing. I’d look in the mirror each morning and be like, ‘DAMN! You one good looking fella!’ But you see, there’s this redheaded stud walking around with the same style as me ya know, hogging all the women and making it hard on guys like me. I guess he just wears it better. Woe always me.” he joked, shaking his head to himself, making a point to be dramatic. Sucking in a deep breath, he looked up from the paper work and flashed a teasing smile to Theo. Hearing the affirmation that the ginger was fine with Chinese food, Chase began to mentally go through his phone book in his cell to decide where best it was to go. Being the take-out king that he was, there wasn’t a shortage of numbers and places who knew him as a regular. He should have been embarrassed to admit that, but it didn’t bother him. The only question now was; Panda Express or Peking Garden? Idly his eyes scanned over his papers, signing lines and initialing in places, listening as Theo typed on the computer telling him Red was perfectly healthy. He smiled and nodded, eyes taking a quick moment to smile at the pup laying by his feet, before he looked up and pouted at Theo. Quietly he noted the way he twirled the piece of hair between his fingers, raising a brow at the action, before letting a devious grin cross his lips, mischief in his eyes. “If you think that sort of thing will stop me from bugging you, you’ve got another thing coming buddy. Oh Theo! Help! I don’t know what to do! Red broke a nail! It’s an emergency! We need a puppy pedicure stat!” he joked, wiggling an eyebrow as he let Theo take the papers, kneeling down next to Red. “You’d like that, wouldn’t you. Puppy pedicure.” taking her face between his hands, he placed his forehead to hers, laughing when she licked at his nose. “Wait! You mean to tell me if I order food you won’t kick me out on the curb like a lost puppy? Oh you’re just to kind to me Teddy! Too kind!” he teased, shaking his head as he pulled out his cellphone, flipping between the two numbers he was deciding between. Theo had started to say something, but the ringing in his ear had caused him to not catch the whole thing. He furrowed his brow at the shocked expression the boy wore, about to question what was wrong with the papers, before he heard the familiar voice of the take-out guy. He laughed to himself at the friendly greeting giving a teasing remark to the man on the phone, before turning his back to Theo so he could focus more on getting the order in. About to place the order, he heard the ginger say something about chicken and nodded his head. Once again he felt that something was wrong with the boy, and he couldn’t help but wonder if it was something he said. Had he finally crossed the line? Had he unintentionally said something that he didn’t appreciate? Damnit! And he was doing so well. Having his attention called back by the man on the phone, he laughed and murmured an apology. Laughing as he gave the last of the order, telling him that it should be delivered to the pet he ended the conversation with a teasing remark, returning to the counter he hadn’t realized he wandered away from. “So I ordered some chicken lo mein, bourbon chicken, two orders of fried rice, crab rangoons, and egg drop soup. Sound good to you?” he questioned, furrowing his brow as he looked back down to the returned paperwork. “Everything alright? I didn’t step on your toes did I? Really, I’m a dork. I don’t mean what I say,” he tried to explain, his eyes moving to the circled line, signing his name yet again. It was when he was sliding the paper back to Theo that he caught what he had signed. His brow furrowed as he silently mouthed the name. Although he knew he had never met this boy in his life, there was something familiar about the name. Theodor meant nothing to him, Phoenix just sounded odd, but Fahks had him wondering. Making sure not to let the confusion and questioning look onto his features, he looked to Theo. This wasn’t Tod. He nodded. Tod was much more mischievous and less of an awkward turtle. Fahks was a last name, not an indication that red flags should be raised. He nodded again. “Phoenix aye? What’d you do to earn that?” he laughed, trying to lighten the mood and ease the tension that suddenly came over him. This wasn’t Tod. Just a name. created by STALK ME REDNECK!
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 10:26 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Theo's face contorted into one of complete shock as Chase accused him of being a stud. He felt his face warm up and he bit the inside of his cheek to keep from making a fool of himself. Swallowing hard, he kept his wide eyes trained on the computer screen. Save for those moments he stole a peek at chase.

It was really odd to him how easily they had clicked. Normally Theo found it really hard to be able to open up to anyone like he was with Chase. Maybe clearing everything up from his thoughts and nightmares had finally broken through his shell? It was honestly hard to tell.

When Chase commented on not getting away from him so easily, Theo smirked playfully at him. "A puppy pedi? Why, Chase-," he pulled out his Southern Belle accent and mannerisms out again, placing fingertips to his chest with his eyes fluttering. " 'Ay do de-cla, I would NEVA picture you as a nail man." He chuckled and shook his head once with his nose wrinkled in a playful gesture. As he pushed his hair back out of his face, he returned Chase's eyebrow wiggle before Chase a shocked look. "Why, I would never!"

Chase was turning around to put the order in, and Theo stacked the papers in an orderly fashion, scanning to make sure everything was filled out, before spotting his name and feeling the air disappear from his lungs. He was certainly going to have a mild panic attack at what his eyes were reading: Cooper. No. It couldn't be. He quickly looked up to Chase, then back to the paperwork, then back up to Chase, who was laughing and joking with the other person on the line. It was... possible.

No. This couldn't be Copper. Theo would've known. Copper would've been able to get his scent. Actually, could he? They were in a highly populated shelter for animals. Maybe that was messing with his senses? It-maybe? Theo buried his fingers in his hair and rested his elbows on the desk, staring wide-eyed at the paperwork that laid before him. he was just overreacting, that was it. He inhaled through his nose slowly, trying to calm his rushing heart. chase had turned around and given him a worried expression, and he silently cursed himself for overreacting.

Quickly, he signed where he needed to sign, and noticed that chase missed a spot. Taking the highlighter and making a line over the spot that needed signed, he pushed the papers quickly back over to chase, keeping his attention focused on the wall that didn't have Chase in his line of vision. Crossing his arms over his lap, he pulled a leg up onto the chair with him and wrapped an arm around it. He needed to calm down. There was no reason to be acting like this. No reason at all.

They were going to get food soon, and he would go over the finer details with Chase, and they probably wouldn't see another for a couple months. No reason to react this way at all.

Turning his attention back to Chase, he gave a tiny smile as he mentioned what he ordered, his stomach growling as Theo's mouth started to water a bit. "Th-that sounds.... good. Real good. I've had the rangoons before- they're, uh... a personal favorite." He swallowed again and tucked some hair behind his ear. Not the awkward turtle phase. Now Chase'll really know something's bothering him.

Sure enough, Chase had that rather cute worried expression upon his face and Theo watched him from the corner of his eyes, running the tip of his tongue along his lower lip before he bite down on it gently. How was he suppose to explain this? Oh, sorry about that. I thought you happened to be the hound dog I use to run around with once upon a time. Yeah, that'd go over real well. "It's- it's nothing. Just... hungry, is all." He waved a hand in the air to blow the comment off, trying to give an honest smile but still feeling the frown tug at the corners of his mouth. Great.

Sitting up straighter and actually turning to look at Chase again, he felt that panic seep through his veins again. "...what'd you do to earn that?" Oh god. He was commenting on his name, wasn't he? This was Copper. He was going to make fun of him for it. "Oh- it's just, uh. pronounced like 'fox,' it wasn't me copping ou- Oh. Phoenix?" He laughed weakly, face blazing a fire bird red as he scratched awkwardly at the back of his neck. "Oh. Uh- I, I don't remember. I think it was, uh.... my hair?" Forcing a strained smile to his lips, he couldn't help but look everywhere but at Chase. Maybe it would've been better for him to go pick up the food.

Or maybe it was because of the wide-eyed puppy look he was giving Theo that was pulling at his heart strings. Making his empty stomach to flips. Or the way his hair fell over his eyes that made him seem innocent, when Theo could tell he wasn't as innocent as he played off to be.

Deep down, in a part of Theo that he would never admit to anyone, he was hoping that Chase actually was Copper. So he could finally hug him and tell him how much he missed him. So he could properly apologize for everything that had happened. So they could play tag in Central Park. Chase crickets in the sun again. And curl up together on the couch on rainy days and watch terrible sci-fi movies. Yes... that would be fantastic.

Words: 967; Tags!: Chase!; Outfit: Is That You? Notes: You can either finish it, or this can be it!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.