Posted: Sep 19 2012, 10:59 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

welcome to the family ,

Hey Kid I have to question, What's with the violent aggression? Details blurry, lost 'em too early Hey Why won't you listen? Can't help the people you're missing It's been done, a casualty re-run//I see you're a king who's been dethroned Cast out In a world you've never known Stand now Place your weapons by your side It's our war In the end we'll surely lose But that's all right- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He sat there staring down at his sketchbook, looking at the children causing mischief on his pages. The memories came flooding back at breakneck speed. Barrel and Shock were his old partners in crime, and were the ones scribbled on the thick pages of his book. As his hand came down along the page, he tilted his head and held his hand up to examine it. It was amazing what the Portal did to those who cross it. His body in his world was small, child-like, and whiter than a sheet. In New York, he was tall, fluid, and had a lot of hair. His hands were more artistic, able to create fluid memories forever on canvas.

Sighing heavily to himself, he put his sketchbook back into his backpack, which was almost the size of him in this world, and climbed further atop the rooftop he was perched upon. Everything in the surrounding area was dead and empty. Well, more dead than what it usually was. It was broken, and out of place. Nothing but memories of a world that once was. While it was a reassuring sight, it was also disturbing for anyone who wasn't accustomed to the area of Halloween Town. If only Shock or Barrel were here, they would run around and cause mayhem and make the town their own.

Without a second thought, Damien caught himself playing with his tail. Caressing it around his hand and making it mimic a snake. This was something he forever missed from his old life. There was so much one could do with a tail. It was an extra hand, and worked rather well as a device to wake up others. There were plenty of times he jabbed Shock when she wouldn't wake up. There was also a downside to it, as well, especially when Shock and Barrel would pull on it when they were pissed at him. Or wanted his attention. The thought of it being pulled made him hold it close and he petted it like one would a cat.

As a strong wind blew, it brought with it the familiar sound of laughter. Damien stopped in his thought process and stared in the direction of the sound. An ever-so-wicked grin played across his face and he knew. He knew that laugh, and the person behind it. Grabbing his mask and placing is upon his face, he scampered down the side of the house with his backpack and made his way towards the sound. He dodged between trees and debris with ease, knowing all the places he could hide without being seen, tail or no tail.

When the laughing was at it's loudest, Damien hid behind a large, dying tree and peeked over the edge. If anyone were to see the expressions playing their way across his face, they would think he was insane. Or about to go on a murdering spree. Either one was a good option. But the laughter came from a small, round figure just a few feet away. Barrel. There stood Barrel. The Barrel that would pick of Shock with him, did errands for Oogie with, and the Barrel that he was forced to leave behind because of those stupid Dark Shadows. He appeared alone in his skeletal glory, and Damien decided to have a bit of fun with him. Picking up a stone with his tail, Damien chucked it towards his old pal, and did a silent victory dance when it met the side of his head. Petting his tail, Damien couldn't help but snicker silently as he ducked behind the tree.

credit goes to dance me across the country of caution 2.0!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Sep 19 2012, 03:43 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the devil won’t let me be Well, the crooks are out and the streets are gray. You know I wouldn't have it any other way, yeah. A sinister kid is a kid who runs to meet his maker.A drop dead sprint from the day he's born straight into his makers arms. And that's me, that's me. the boy with the broken halo. That's me, that's me. As much as he had grown to love and accept living in The Other World, Barrel knew that his black little heart would always belong to Halloweentown. That was where he was raised or rather, that’s where he and his siblings had raised themselves under the sporadic guidance of Oogie Boogie. But living in The Other World most of the time made coming back harder and harder to deal with. He was getting more used to his bigger, older, human body, with all its aches and pains and strange functions. Being small before The Darkness came had been an advantage. He and the gang could scurry around the town relatively unnoticed, stealing and spying and all that other good stuff. But now that nearly everyone was gone and there was the looming threat of dark creatures hiding around every corner, Barrel didn’t like it all that much anymore. In his other body, his Baines body, if he had to fight, he would’ve had a longer reach and a bigger stride to run away. Of course, being bigger also meant being clumsier and his human body was a bit of a wreck more often than not. Hopefully, he thought, it wouldn’t come to that. Hopefully, the big baddies would stay far away from him. It did feel good to have the old mask back on. He was Barrel here, his old self again. He didn’t know how it happened, but the Portal always had his costume ready whenever he went back through it. There were a lot of things he didn’t understand about the Portal but he wasn’t the type to ask too many questions, especially when he knew there wasn’t anyone to give him the answers. He walked along what was left of the streets, pulling a lollipop from his pocket. His costume always came equipped with candy too. Who cares how old it might’ve been? He pushed the mask up onto his head, gave it a lick, and laughed. He was home. He was home and it felt good. Wedging his lollipop into the side of his cheek , he leaned over one of the windowsills of an abandoned house, looking for anything of interest. Most of the things left were dirty old photographs, big chunks of wood, broken glass. Sometimes, though, if you dug deep enough, there were good things to be had. Barrel was just about to hop onto the window ledge when something came whizzing at him, hitting him in the side of the face. “What the—?” He turned around and saw a red tail flit behind a large tree trunk. He’d recognize that tail anywhere. It was Lock, it had to be. He couldn’t have expected any warmer of a greeting. There wasn’t going to be any kind words, no “hey, how are you? Haven’t seen you in two years, how’s tricks?” Just physical abuse and verbal slights. No biggie. Keeping the lollipop wedged between tongue and teeth, Barrel sprinted across towards the tree, covering the ground easily even with stubby legs. He climbed up the tree’s trunk and sat on one of those low hanging branches, digging into his pocket for some ammo. He found an old gumball; might as well have been a rock. Positioning himself, he threw it down square in the middle of Lock’s skull. “Hiya, fuckface,” he said after he pulled the lollipop from his mouth. He grinned his wide, toothy grin. ”You still suck at hide and go seek.”CODED BY BLYTHE AT CAUTION, ATF & SHINE
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Nov 21 2012, 12:59 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

welcome to the family ,

Hey Kid I have to question, What's with the violent aggression? Details blurry, lost 'em too early Hey Why won't you listen? Can't help the people you're missing It's been done, a casualty re-run//I see you're a king who's been dethroned Cast out In a world you've never known Stand now Place your weapons by your side It's our war In the end we'll surely lose But that's all right- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snickering against his child-like hands, Damien couldn't help but pine for the old days. Sure, being a tall human had its advantages, but it also had it's disadvantages. If you're small, no one can see you; but they also mistake you for a child. If you're tall, you can reach all the good stuff on the top shelf of stores; but if you weren't always tall you crack your head on door frames and low hanging ceilings. Things in Halloweentown were simple: torment others, and don't get caught. Then there was Oogie. Him and his siblings were the only ones able to tolerate the overstuffed burlap bag. But this wasn't the time to ponder about that oaf; he had Barrel to torment.

Even though he picked on Barrel, he had to admit to himself that he preferred him over Shock. Barrel as more easy-going. Less of a bitch. He also always had candy. Even if it sometimes had hair on it. Nothing wrong with that. Hair on your candy is what made you tough. He and Barrel had been closer than him and Shock, and to be able to see him with his own eyes after 2 years meant a lot to him.

At least it did until what felt like a rock cracked him atop his head. "Ow! Fuck that hurt!" He looked up to see a lop-sided toothy grin and returned it with a devilish grin of his own. "Well look who decided to finally show himself." He reached up and tugged on Barrel's foot, making him fall out of the tree. He had a lot of questions, but he wasn't about to Gatling gun them all at once. Besides, knowing Barrel, he wouldn't say a fucking word. So instead, he did the one thing they all did to one another: pick on them. "Well maybe I wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a shitty hiding partner to hide with."

Barrel was still Barrel. If he made it across the Portal, nothing changed for him. Well, hopefully in his case, those teeth. Damien thought about some of the people he could've pictured as Barrel, but none of them seemed to shot it out to him. Besides, Damien was pretty positive that he would know Barrel in the Other World if he had seen him. At least he hoped he would. With the way things were going, he wasn't going to be remembering things for long. For some reason, he had to venture back through the Portal more and more with each passing month.

Standing over him, Damien made an effort to look him over quickly. "I see nothing's changed. You're still short and roundheaded." God that sucked. Barrel would address it too. Saying he was slacking. It had been so long since he was able to pick on anyone without a fight starting out, or hurting their feelings, he was out of shape. Something he didn't like showing in front of Shock or Barrel. Especially Barrel. He flicked his tail about and glanced down at his backpack he dragged through the Portal with him. Maybe Barrel wouldn't notice. Maybe he'd think it was a rock, or a bundled up sheet?

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Nov 22 2012, 09:30 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the devil won’t let me be Well, the crooks are out and the streets are gray. You know I wouldn't have it any other way, yeah. A sinister kid is a kid who runs to meet his maker.A drop dead sprint from the day he's born straight into his makers arms. And that's me, that's me. the boy with the broken halo. That's me, that's me. It was as if nothing had ever happened. No darkness, no Other World, no nothing. They were back to their old tricks and part of it felt great, part of it was still such a pain in the ass. Especially when Lock was grabbing at his foot and pulling him out of the damn tree he was sitting in. What a douchebag. He face-planted into the dirt, rock and debris scratching at his skin. He lifted himself up and wiggled out of his brother’s grip. He sat on the ground, pulling his lollipop out of his mouth and rubbing his jaw. It hurt like a bitch, but he wasn’t going to give Lock the satisfaction of knowing that. He wiped the dirt off with the back of his hand and spat onto the ground. There was a little bit of blood in his spit but nothing too terrible. He'd live.“Oh, please. I’m the hide and seek champion, motherfucker. You’re the one who just couldn’t keep up.” He rubbed his jaw a little more before his grin set back into place. Lock was still the red-headed little jerk he always was and the familiarity made him feel good. Some things didn’t always have to change and it was nice that today, he could go back through The Portal and get that little taste of home. Even if his brother was a dickmunch if he ever saw one. “Why does everyone call me short? You’re only a bit taller because of your weird long head!” Seriously, he was never going to be able to get over the whole ‘small one’ thing. First it was the ghost dog, now it was his brother. Was there any way to get taller? At least in the Other World, he was taller. A whole five feet, ten inches over there. “But still, that’s the best you got? I may be short, but that’s nothing. You’re always gonna be ugly. You’re a snotnosed little fuckface and that ain’t never gonna change.” He kicked Lock hard in the shin, making him fall to the ground too. Barrel cackled. “The taller they are, the harder they fall.” They were quiet for a little bit. Lock was looking shifty. He was probably the worst liar out of all of them and he must’ve been out of practice because he didn’t know that he was a completely open book. Barrel followed the flick of his tail and his eyes landed on a weird looking boulder. When he looked a little closer, he could see it was a backpack. “You turn into a boy scout when I was away?” he asked, scurrying over to where the backpack lay. He unzipped it and dug into it quickly, finding the grand prize—a sketchbook. “Holy shit,” he said, his grin growing wider as he flipped through the pages. “You fucking draw now? Wow, these totally suck hardcore.” He began tearing out the pages one by one. CODED BY BLYTHE AT CAUTION, ATF & SHINE
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Nov 23 2012, 04:58 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

welcome to the family ,

Watching Barrel pick him self up was something he was accustomed to. He was always falling or being shoved down. He was rubbing at his mouth. It wasn't his fault he fell face first. Short shit should've landed on his head, might've cushioned his fall. He was more concerned with the blood that came from Barrel's mouth when he spit on the ground. There was some crazy shit in their world now, and he really didn't feel like running from shit today.

Damien rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. In reality, he didn't even care about Hide and Seek. It was just something to pass the time, and something him and Barrel could fuck with Shock over. They always made sure they picked her out first. Which is probably why Barrel was so good at it. Damien just enjoyed bugging the shit out of Shock when she was hiding and he had to find her. "If that's what you have to say to make yourself feel better Shitface."

Barrel was always concerned about his height, and there was times Damien used it to his advantage. "I can't help it your head swelled from all the hot air filling up inside of it." That was something Damien was thankful of in the Other World. His head wasn't built like a two-by-four. Maybe Barrel got lucky and was a "normal" height for once. Damien would probably never know. It wasn't like Barrel would want to just "Chill out" with him after they cross over. That's if Barrel even knows about the Portal.

If there was one thing Barrel was good at, it was inflicting pain. Mental, emotional, or physical, Barrel knew just what to do when it came to making someone feel pain. One minute he was just standing there, fucking around with Barrel, and the next one - he was on the ground holding his shin. "You fucking little asshat! What the hell was that for anyways? Fuck!" He gritted his teeth and glared up at his brother. Oh when he would be able to walk again. He would pound that round head of his flat.

To make matters worse, Barrel had discovered his backpack. Fuckfuck fuck fuck. That was something he didn't want him going through. Living in the Other World without a real place to sleep meant he carried his stuff all over the place. It also meant that what little money he didn't spend on art related things and food was tucked in folds here and there. His eyes widened when Barrel pulled out the sketchbook. That was the one thing that kept him out of trouble and kept him from complete and udder madness. "For someone so pudgy you sure are fast you dick."

Then without another word he started ripping. out. the. pages. It was like a branch was snapped inside of him and he lunged at Barrel. Grabbing him by the shoulders he landed on top of him and made sure his head cracked against the ground. "You little fucking shit! For once in your small based life, could you keep your flat nose out of shit?" He yanked it out of his hands and looked at the page that was almost ripped out. It was one of his older pieces, and it was the tree of them in their pet tub, making their way to Dr. Finklestein's lab. Even though he was pissed to the point of boiling, in the back of his mind he was smiling, because he knew that they would never do anything like that again.

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Nov 30 2012, 01:07 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the devil won’t let me be Well, the crooks are out and the streets are gray. You know I wouldn't have it any other way, yeah. A sinister kid is a kid who runs to meet his maker.A drop dead sprint from the day he's born straight into his makers arms. And that's me, that's me. the boy with the broken halo. That's me, that's me. The lingering taste of blood mixed with the sugar he had been sucking on moments before his fall, a strange mix of copper and sweetness. That was probably the most familiar thing out of all of this, the taste. He hadn’t missed it. It usually meant that he had been bested and he was sure as shit not going to be bested by Lock. As far as he was concerned, he was finally out from under his siblings’ shadows and he wasn’t eager to be crawling back under them anytime soon. The taste just made him see red and that red was all Lock. Lock was always red, that glaring flashy color that didn’t blend in their world where everything was dark and muted. Maybe it was all that red that got the kid to thinking it was something special. Once upon a time, the two of them used to be a team. They had been the only two left when Shock had flown the coop and Oogie damn near evaporated but now, the more they stayed around each other, the more obvious it was to Barrel that things had changed and he didn’t know how or if he wanted to repair them. Barrel grunted but didn’t dignify Lock’s slights with actual speech. He had always been the quietest of the three and if he wanted to give him the silent treatment now, then he would and he wouldn’t feel sorry about it. The more he was around Lock, the less he liked him. He was beginning to see how much he had glamorized the past, the glory days of Halloweentown. His siblings were snot-faced little shits. That was the reality. They didn’t love each other. They could barely stand each other without coming to blows. They came together only because whatever reward Boogie had always been worth the ordeal of trying to stomach each other. That and they all just craved danger and violence and Boogie had ordered them to raise hell on the regular. It was probably for the best they hadn’t met when they crossed over. All of this made it easy for Barrel to kick his idiot brother in the shin and watch him fall to the ground on his incredibly ugly face and laugh about it afterwards. Seeing the anger in Lock’s eyes was almost as sweet as any candy. Back over here, he realized how malicious he really was on the inside. It had been lying dormant for a while but being back on the other side brought it all up to the surface once more. “Have you been gone so long you forgot how shit works? How we work? Did any of us ever need a reason?” If Lock wanted a proper throwdown with him, Barrel was ready for it. But he didn’t even have to hit his body to really hurt him. Finding his brother’s sketchbook was good enough, maybe even better. The sheer terror on Lock’s face when Barrel just held the thing was better than anything a punch in the face could’ve done. He looked at him for a lingering moment, savoring that priceless face. Damn, being around part of the old gang really brought out the worst in him. He watched the pages he had pulled out from the sketchbook flutter away on the breeze, getting caught in the bare branches of the trees, like caught birds or strange leaves. It didn’t take too long for Lock to snap, pushing him to the ground. The back of his smacked against the ground hard, and it felt as though his whole brain rattled in his skull. Lock yanked the sketchbook out of his hands and despite the pain that had engulfed his whole round head, he couldn’t help but laugh. “You know what, Lock? Fuck you. You can call me all the names you want, you can beat me black and green but in the end, I’m better than you. You and Shock always thought I was weak but here I am, still alive, and taking you down easy peasy. All the bruises you give me want get your precious drawings back.” He shifted his body underneath Lock’s and thrust his knees up into his stomach, throwing him off. He sat up, spitting out another glob of blood onto the dirt.“And in the Other World, I’m fucking golden without the two of you. So choke on that shit, brother.” CODED BY BLYTHE AT CAUTION, ATF & SHINE
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Dec 16 2012, 04:42 PM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

welcome to the family ,

"Have you been gone so long you forgot how shit works?" That may have been true, but at least he stayed with him after Shock and Boogie left. He didn't have to, he wanted to. Fuck Barrel if he thought Damien would confess that to him. Apparently being on his own had turn Barrel in on himself. He was being more of a dick bag than he usually was. It was a little sad, truth be told.

As he stared down at his younger brother, he tried to search his face for anything that would signal playfulness, but all Damien found was hatred. The eyes that stared back at him were cold, emotionless, hard. Not the same eyes he was use to seeing in Barrel. The Darkness must have done some serious shit to him when Damien crossed over.

He felt Barrel's knees shift under him. He knew what was going to happen. Damien didn't care. His brother had ripped out everything that mattered to Damien, and blamed him for ruining his life. It didn't matter anymore. After this, they probably wouldn't meet again. Especially in the Other World.

"You know what, Lock? Fuck you." The words cut into him like a knife, but his face hardened. Barrel's words bounced off on him, just as his knees shoved Damien off the small boy. He cradled the sketchbook close as he skidded a little bit across the ground. Pushing himself up, he tossed his sketchbook down, only after ripping a page that had nothing but Barrel's face on it. He had hit a point where he had forgotten what he looked like, and he spent the entire day trying to remember without going through the Portal. He caved though, because none of the face seemed right. The largest one, the one that actually looked like the round faced fucker standing in front of him, was the one he drew in a tree.

"Well I'm glad you're fucking 'golden.' That you managed to survive this hell hole that's fucked everyone over." Anger ran through his veins, and as he glared at Barrel, who was spitting more blood up on the ground, he couldn't help but give a small snarl. "But some of us are trying to fucking remember you. Remember the fucking good times we had, because life away from Halloweentown isn't a life." He flicked the page at Barrel, thankful the wind worked with him as it plastered itself to his face. "If drawing to attempt to remember the hell we raised as a team together makes me weak, then fine. I'll be the fucking weak one."

He bent down and gathered a couple more of the pages Barrel had ripped out, one of a girl he sketched while he was in the park. She had been painting something, and her long black hair had been tied up in a bun. She reminded him of Shock, but it couldn't have been her, 'cause Shock had no artistic bone in her pointy body. He stuffed them back into his sketchbook and made his way over to his bag. Shoving everything back into it, he zipped it up and swung the large thing over his tiny body.

Turning to look back at Barrel, part of his heart dropped: he was going to loose something from his past he always cherished. "If you feel the need to just be miserable, so be it. I'm sure you're being babied in this "Other World," seeing as you had such a fucking hard life here. You weren't the one who took all the heat from Oogie, just remember that."

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Dec 24 2012, 10:17 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the devil won’t let me be Well, the crooks are out and the streets are gray. You know I wouldn't have it any other way, yeah. A sinister kid is a kid who runs to meet his maker.A drop dead sprint from the day he's born straight into his makers arms. And that's me, that's me. the boy with the broken halo. That's me, that's me. To anyone else watching, it might’ve looked like they were having a staring contest. Lock was staring at him, trying to find something but Barrel couldn’t begin to understand what. Barrel tilted his head, trying to figure out what the fuck he was staring at. Things had changed. If Lock had trouble seeing that, well, he was dumber than he thought. And Barrel thought he was pretty fucking dumb, even back in the old days. He managed to kick him off, but still, that heavy gaze had gotten to him a little. They were brothers, after all. They used to pull pranks on others, not spend so much time fucking up each other. Yeah, they did always beat each other ‘til bloody but this was different. If they didn’t find that old spark again, they could very well kill each other here. That wasn’t entirely what Barrel wanted. He could respect that they did have history and there was no point in making Lock a red splatter on the ground. They may not have gotten along like they used to but he had to keep his rage in check. He wasn’t used to this crazy kind of emotion. He had always been the quiet one, the one on the sidelines when his brother and sister duked it out. Now he was the one having a bitch fit now that his brother was here. To think that he had wanted to see Lock again before this.For a moment, Barrel thought that he had actually hurt Lock in a way that he hadn’t anticipated. But then Lock’s face changed; it almost looked like he was wearing his mask even though he knew he wasn’t. There wasn’t anything he could do about it now. He couldn’t take back his words and he wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to. “Remember me? You left first! You left me here! You left me here and you didn’t care whether the things in the dark ate me or killed me or anything! And now you’re trying to say you wanted to remember me? No, man, that’s not how it works!”“There’s nothing wrong with the Other World, you know. Sure, there’s not a lot of Halloween spirit but you can find that if you look.” He genuinely couldn’t understand why Lock felt that way. Barrel had had a fairly easy time of it. Sure, there were times when being a grown-up human being was hard and weird and didn’t make much sense but he had adjusted. He wanted to feel sorry that Lock couldn’t do the same but then again, if he couldn’t then it was his own damn fault. "Yeah, I'd love to go back to where we came from but it's not fucking possible. It's just not.” He pulled the drawing off his face. It was of him, yeah, but it didn’t particularly make anything any better. He had still be left behind and forgotten. If Lock was trying to remember him, it was too little, too late. He let his brother pick up the pieces of his sketchbook in peace, watching him bend over carefully and smooth out what was left of the pages. He put them into his backpack and still, Barrel didn’t want to hit him or mess with him. Maybe he had gone too far. But that pain wasn’t going to go away. It hurt to have been the last one standing, left behind by people who now were claiming to care about what happened to him. “I’m not miserable. I’m fine. That’s the point. I’m fine. Why you’re bothering to pretend to care now is what’s bothering me.” He scowled. “Babied? Really? I’m the only one who ever worked! While you’ve got your dumb red head in the clouds, being an artist or whatever the fuck, I’m working two different gigs. So no, I’m not being babied.” He laughed bitterly. “You don’t know a fucking thing about me, man. You think you do and you’re trying to remember, but in the end, you don’t know the first place to fucking start. Hell, maybe I didn’t know you either. I never thought you’d be the one to break out a sketchbook.”Looking behind Lock, he saw a few shadows moving in a way that they shouldn’t. The big bads were here. They had to be. It was only a matter of time. “Listen, I know you’re pissed but just shut the fuck up for a second and don’t move.” They might not have been too chummy but really, Barrel didn’t want Lock dead. CODED BY BLYTHE AT CAUTION, ATF & SHINE
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 10:56 PM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

welcome to the family ,

His stone facade faded and Damien glared at Barrel. "You think I fucking liked leaving you here? You don't even fucking know!" So this is what Barrel thought of him? That he had purposely abandoned him? He was pretty fucking stupid if that's what he thought. "And I didn't leave first- Shock did. But good fucking riddance to her!" If she thought she could do better without them, so be it. He started to laugh now, but it wasn't a pleasant laugh. It was a laugh that he heard serial killers laugh in those terrible horror movies the Other World would play. "And what would you know about anything 'working?'" He really had his head up in those clouds, didn't he?

"Nobody cares about Halloween. They don't care about scaring people dead, or stealing others candy. They just want to dress up as fucking ponies and whoreish Princesses. None of them would understand the Halloween we know. That we grew up with. Now THAT'S a fucking Halloween right there." He really didn't care for the Other World's version of Halloween. Too many people felt the need to dress up in bright colors. Halloween was dark, and involved pranks. Being scarier than the next person. Having the Pumpkin King give you heart-attacks one after another. That was what he longed for.

With his backpack over his shoulder, Damien couldn't help but shake his head at his brother again. "If you think I'm pretending, then you need that circular skull of yours checked out. Do you know I came back for you? Yeah. I did. But this entire place was completely isolated and ridden with... with this filth that I turned up nothing. How the fuck am I suppose to find anyone when I don't know where they are?" That trip bad had been a very short one. The travel to their home was hard enough, let alone the pain he felt seeing everything in worse shape than what it was. With no luck of finding anyone, he made his way back through the Portal. He spent that next week purposely getting idiots into bar fights with one another.

"Yeah, you did all the work, that's a fucking joke." He crossed his arms and tore his eyes from Barrel. Looking at him was making his blood boil. He didn't like feeling this way about his brother, and it ate away at his nerves. "Babied. That's what I said. I'm sure you got yourself a nice little cozy white picket fence that you call home too." His shoulders slumped a bit, and he stared down at the ground. He hated not having his own place, but he hated everything about over there, that he didn't want to pin himself behind four closed walls and try to call it 'home.' The more that Barrel explained about his luck in the Other World, the more Damien felt sick. "You wouldn't fucking get it even if I explained it. What's the fucking point with you anymore? If you feel so high and mighty and fucking better than us, why did you even come back? Why show your ugly mug in this world if the Other World is treating you like a fucking King?"

He was in the process of turning around when he heard something snap in the trees surrounding them. Freezing, he looked up at Barrel. He was telling him to not move and shut the fuck up. Apparently all of their yelling had disturbed whatever was lurking in this part of the world, and for once the entire night, they were both on the same page: shut the fuck up and don't draw attention to themselves. There was another rustle, and a low growl just behind one of the houses. "Oh fuck." Of all the times, it would have to be the time he had his backpack. Wrinkling his nose, his mind reeled with what the hell they could do.

"Any bright ideas in that thick skull of yours?," he whispered towards his brother. Even if they were in the middle of hating the other, Damien didn't want anyone else but himself putting the pain on Barrel. Well, maybe Shock, but that was about it. If they wanted to make it out of here, they'd have to grow a pair and work together. Damien knew this, but would Barrel cooperate?

Tags: Baines/Barrel | Words: 731 | Outfit: Halloween Getup | Notes: This is so short and terrible and late and I'm so sorry! ;w;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 07:54 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the devil won’t let me be Well, the crooks are out and the streets are gray. You know I wouldn't have it any other way, yeah. A sinister kid is a kid who runs to meet his maker.A drop dead sprint from the day he's born straight into his makers arms. And that's me, that's me. the boy with the broken halo. That's me, that's me. This argument wasn’t going to get them anywhere, Barrel knew, but that had never stopped them from fighting before and it wasn’t going to stop them from fighting now. “You’re such a fucking liar,” he said through clenched teeth. “Would it have been hard to say, ‘oh, hey, I’m gonna go through this portal doohickey!’? I mean, really. Either you did it on purpose or you’re a lazy asshole. There are no other options so take your pick.” He didn’t wanna hear Lock’s sob story as to why he couldn’t have dragged Barrel along. Barrel remembered it much better than his brother, obviously. He was there one day and the next, he was gone, missing from all of their old haunts and hiding places. No word, no note, no nothing. Now he was gonna tell him it hadn’t been on purpose? No, fuck that. He could’ve tried harder. “If you had Shock as a model, then why would you do the same thing she did to us to me?!” He was going to shout himself hoarse by the time he was back in the Other World but this asshat needed to know how he felt. He was going to call Lock out on all his bullshit and do it as loudly as possible. Barrel glared. “I know plenty. Way more than you, I bet. “ Everyone had gotten it wrong. Barrel wasn’t the lazy, stupid one in all of this. Lock was. At the very least, his brother was a delusional prick who could ride his high horse off a cliff for all he cared. He still couldn’t believe he had actually wanted to see him again. He balled his hands into fists when Lock talked about Halloween. He had no right, not anymore. He didn’t deserve to even say the word. They may have been raised together in the same place but they were not the same people they had been. This Lock was a stranger to him. His memories of his brother would be all he would have from now on. This person had killed what he used to have, stole his costume, and wore it just to mock him. He could’ve punched the imposter in the face again but he kept his rage in check, letting his fingernails bite into his palms. Besides, who cared how they celebrated it, as long as it was celebrated? Everything Lock said was wrong, Barrel decided. He was just going to have to accept that. He had to stop for a second when Lock told him he came back to look for him. Part of him, the smallest part in his little black heart, wanted to believe that. Common sense, however, told him this was just more lies, lies to make the prick look halfway decent. “I was here for so long. You didn’t do it fast enough then.” He didn’t comment on not being found in the Other World. He couldn’t exactly argue with that; it was too big of a place to look for someone that you didn’t even know was there for sure and had no clue what they looked like. Barrel wasn’t mad about that. He was angry with the fact that he had been left behind. No matter what Lock said to sleep better at night, Barrel knew without a shadow of a doubt that he had been left behind, the last of the gang. The weak link, the extra wheel. He tilted his head back and sighed loudly. “Holy fucking Freddy in Nightmare World, man, you are so goddamn dumb. Anything good I have in that Other World, it’s because I either stole it or worked for it. It’s the same shit we used to do here, man. Shit didn’t change that much. Instead of worrying about Jack, you worry about the cops. Instead of stealing shit for Oogie, you steal shit for yourself. You find a job where you can scare people. You do what you fucking know. You get used to the fact that living solely on candy kind of fucks you up. It’s not fucking rocket surgery, okay?” He bit his lip and tried a smile. “Come find me there in another two years, after all my teeth have fallen out and I’m wearing dentures. It might happen even sooner.”“I come back because I forget if I don’t and I don’t want to forget. I miss this place. You don’t have to believe me, but it’s true. I just…I learned to work the Other World, so it’s not so bad.” He shrugged. “But you never forget where your roots are, right?” No matter where or who they were now, this was where he would always end up.It was sometimes hard to remember why they had to leave in the first place but right now, they were both getting a rude reminder. At least Lock got the hint quickly to shut his goddamn trap. But they had been caught stealing from the cookie jar and there was going to be hell to pay. Standing still wasn’t going to make this go away. The growls were enough to freak him out. He didn’t even have to see the thing to know it was going to be nasty. “Just run, man. Run and don’t stop ‘til you see portal.” He grabbed the handle of his brother’s backpack and started dragging him backwards, just in case he didn’t take the hint. They might not see eye to eye but he wasn’t going to leave him there to die. See, he was good about that kind of shit. No child left behind and all that. He knew how it felt and he wasn’t going to do it someone else. “Unless you got something useful in this bag of yours, we’ve got nothin’ to work with so running’s the only way.” CODED BY BLYTHE AT CAUTION, ATF & SHINE
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.