ambrose myrddin penn
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 06:28 AM
10 POSTS
5'11"
N/A
single
HOMOSEXUAL
merlin

Ambrose Penn, he was getting used to that name now. Its’ only been ten years though, and he had a life time, several lifetimes, as Merlin. Of course he had other noms de plumes over the centuries, but he was always Merlin to those that knew him, that need him. Here, not so much. So engrossed in the new world they’ve found themselves in, needing to protect themselves and those in danger, that everyone just uses a new name given to them. They lose their memories, or if they keep them, they don’t acknowledge their true name.

It made finding your family and friends difficult, and as much as the transition center could help you, the sheer quantity of refugees coming through makes it hard for them to keep up. Not all are even lucky to come across the complex, some are left to their own devices, lost in the city with no memory of who they were.

Ten years ago, well, a little longer than that, Merlin sensed the darkness making its’ way across the world. He left his friends behind, to better serve the greater good. With his magic he helped the others that set up the portal and the complex, giving those that past through the ability to blend into the city, and to keep the darkness out.

Unfortunately, much to his chagrin, he had not been able to live out his days in peace. No long days of studying all subjects under the sun, no days of writing away on his old typewriter. Of course to begin with it was good old paper and ink, but was eventually persuaded to use a typewriter if not a computer. He could never work those fandangled things anyway, as useful as they may be. The whole world was a mess in his eyes, people don’t talk anymore, so glued to whatever piece of technology they have to hand.

The magic has all but been sucked out of the world.

It was still around, but much harder to use. For someone who is a magic being, using something that you are born to do is tiring - fast. For that, it was reason enough to get up out of your chair, set your pipe alight and make the journey to the other side.

The sun was shining, and it was hot. The pavement steamed and you could even feel the heat through the soles of the sandals you wore. Being the eccentric man he was, he was turning heads in his Bermuda shirt and shorts. They clashed together in eye burning yellow and green shirt, paired with blue shorts, the look complete with over large sunglasses. The man wearing them did not care, in truth he liked the look, it was comfy and cool…

It was in this fashion he entered the alley and crossed over into the animated world. Into home. It was different now, the darkness has encroached ever nearer, getting stronger and pushing though the boundary he had set up years ago. What a pickle this is! The circle should had held, this darkness means business clearly. Well, if they think he was just going to stand by and do nothing, they had another thing coming to them!

Now, what was the spell again?

The old man lifted his staff, tapping it against his head as he tried to remember the spell to reinforce it. “Oh confound it all, I’ll just create a new spell!” He grumbled, setting off towards the invisible boundary line. Thankfully the area was clear, the resistance had been through no doubt, keeping those nasty creatures away from the portal so others are safe. Good on them he thought.

He reached the line, feeling the weakened magic and tapped it with the staff. Faint lines rippled through the air. “Ahem.” He coughed and raised his arms up, “Let’s see here now. Figitus, migitus, prestigitonuim!” He waved the staff across the line, picking his over long beard up and got tangled, he shook it out with annoyance “fortificationuim, propungationuim! Castellated. Machicdated, fender bender - oh no that’s not it…” He scratched his head again. “Now, where was I lad?”

PM
^
arthur alexandre drake
 Posted: Aug 19 2015, 07:24 PM
75 POSTS
6'
what do you want me to be? I'm Nobody.
single
heterosexual
Wart

if today's the day i die
Lay me down under the lights Let me fall in love Let me save a life

It was becoming a somewhat bad habit of his these days. To forget that he had a life and things to do in New York and lose himself across the portal. Forgetting that his life wasn't just war and battles and darkness. He had friends in the real world too, and school, and even a job or two. Things he should be doing rather then training until his muscles burned and throwing himself into the fight. He didn't even know if his actions were a direct result of the Darkness' growing threat, or if perhaps there was something fundamentally wrong with him. Like somehow he could get himself to focus on just one task, and was flicking feebly from one thing to another. Attempting to somehow find a place where he could actually do some good, and not pretend at it. It's not that he felt particularly useless. He knew that even the little help he offered was worth something.

Rather his mind just kept getting drawn back to the legends. Even when he didn't want to think about it, he found himself wandering down that same path. Reviewing what he'd read and comparing the life he should have been leading to the one he led now. Arthur had never been the type to grab for power or glory. He didn't care if his name was on every tongue and in every household. What he cared about was that he was supposed to be this important figure. That somewhere down the line in his lifetime he was supposed to have been this great King, this man who'd managed to bring together a land torn in half. Yet here he was little more then a boy with no idea what he was doing half the time.

He charged into battle simply because it was wrong to keep Excalibur on the sidelines. A sword made of light and hope, meant to cut through the dark ages, it was built for this task. Practically made to slice through creatures made of nothing but darkness and evil. To have that weapon in his possession and not used it was to ignore all the people that needed him and people like him. People to fight and protect them.

So there he was, having spent another four days in the animated world, and only just now making his way back home. Feet dragging over the ground and a level of exhaustion radiating off of him that made the young King wonder if he'd even make it to his apartment. He didn't live far from the complex but he certainly didn't live right next to it either. At least his armor was back at camp, which left him in a simple red shirt and jeans; Excalibur held in his hand and out of its scabbard. Not because he found this route particularly dangerous, but simple because that made it easier for him when the sword changed back into a pendant the moment he stepped through into the city.

A tired sigh, some bruises and a few scratches, plus a bandage wrapped around his forearm would be his souvenirs from this trip. The pain and exhaustion making the idea of getting home and doing homework, even less pleasant then usual.

He'd have probably sensed someone was nearby long before then if his mind wasn't elsewhere. Yet even as tired as he was there was no mistaking the familiar voice and the words that came with it. Even all these years later, after giving up the other for lost, Merlin was as familiar as if they hadn't parted ways at all. Which Arthur supposed shouldn't have been too shocking. The old wizard wasn't exactly forgettable, and if it hadn't been for him, Arthur wasn't quite sure what his like would have been like right then. Regardless of the Wizard's hasty exit.

Stopping in his tracks he simply stared at the old man before him, half doubting what he saw. Perhaps this was some sort of exhaustion inducted hallucination. Or maybe the injuries he'd sustained were a lot worse then he'd realized.

Arthur very nearly wondered if perhaps he was dying.

"Merlin?" He couldn't even answer the question, he could only stare wide eyed at the wizard in front of him. "I-I-I..." he suddenly felt like maybe time had slipped backwards. Merlin hadn't changed at all, except he wasn't ten years old anymore.

"Where have you been?!" The words came out louder then he intended, and rushed. Coming out of his mouth in a single breathe, and leaving him gasping to catch it back. No anger, at least not yet. Confusion perhaps. Lots and lots of confusion.

And all I know is: No one, no one lives forever

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
ambrose myrddin penn
 Posted: Sep 18 2015, 08:06 AM
10 POSTS
5'11"
N/A
single
HOMOSEXUAL
merlin

Merlin had a habit of thinking ahead. His brain just moves onto the next thing to be done, and so quickly that he has to backtrack, or suddenly realise who it was he was speaking to. It was not a good habit really, before he could even fully realise, he had agreed to do something, back peddling to try and get out of it. That was how he got into trouble with the book and his publishers telling him to go on radio and TV. Whatever happened to books just being books; you write one, you get it bound up in leather and off it goes into the world for people to discover. The world was one big modern mess, with it’s films and video games taking the pleasure of a good book and your imagination away from people. No wonder the world was going to pot!

He was still looking at his handy work, the coloured lights of protection - blues, courage - bright reds, purification - quartz. Pondering where he was, and waiting for the lad to answer his question. “Yes it’s me, who else did you expect it to be?” he answered brusquely, finally turning to face Wart, someone he knew from his past, knew somehow instinctively it was the young lad he taught all those years ago. He was still surprised when his eyes caught up with his brain though, backtracking to stare at the now young man, and not a young lad of eleven or twelve. Has it truly been so long since he disappeared, so long for the lad he knew to be this warrior standing before him? For there was no mistaking the way the lad held himself, nor indeed the sword of legend in his hand.

“Hmm, oh I’ve been around.” He waved a hand dismissively, not too concerned with talking about himself. It was Wart he wanted to talk about, he had Excalibur, it seemed the lad had fulfilled his destiny, what he could had before the darkness struck anyway. He clasped his hands together, the stick still in his grasp; steeping his index fingers together and pressing them to his smiling lips he sighed. “Oh, it is good to see you Arthur,” his steepled fingers waving in his direction. “really good to see you.” his eyes got drawn to the line of colours once more. “Oh yes, where was I again?” he asked once more, walking stick lifted, ready to finish the spell.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.