Add Reply
New Poll

we're fighting the good fight, baby, arthur/sam <3
meranda skye dunbroch
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 11:45 AM
280 POSTS
5'3"
I am Merida, firstborn of Clan Dun Broch! And I'll be shooting for my own hand!
single
heterosexual
MERIDA

AND TOUCH THE SKY
I WILL RIDE, I WILL FLY, CHASE THE WIND

The darkness was getting bolder. No matter what mission they were on, no matter where they were, the darkness and their vile creatures weren’t far behind, or one step ahead of them. Yet a small group of fighters remain, fighting on to protect their homeland. Some had Dragons, some had magic, and some just had their humble skill with weapons.

Meranda had her bow and arrows, and there were few that could surpass her skill in that field. But on a battle field she was best keeping back on a high hill; firing arrows off into, no the sunset, but the beasts and half humans that threaten to overtake them. She provided the backup for those down in the melee with their swords, maces and axes.

Push comes to shove she could draw her sword and get closer into the fight. She was not the best, but she knew enough to keep alive and kill. The darkness did not discriminate, not even over their own kind. They may have the numbers, and the force; but if you were clever, and careful, you can easily outwit them. You just have to watch yourself, and your friends back.

Smoke obscured the battle field. The fires worked well as barriers, but they served her purposes ill. The smoke allowed the creatures to hide, she could no longer see them from the top of the hill where she stood. She had to get closer now. Meranda slipped the bow over her back, the unused arrow in the quiver at her hip and drew her sword.

She began her descent down the hill, taking care not to trip and stumble. She would be no use to her comrades if she fell and broke her leg. As she made her way down she thought about why she was doing this. Her mother had not been seen for weeks now, she last heard from her mentioning a trip to the animated world, here; but she never came back. That worried Meranda, her mother was not a fighter and she didn’t want to find out that she had fallen into trouble - though she feared she may be…

It was silly to think such a thing, but she was here in the heat of battle, in the hopes of finding her. She really needed to focus now though, the creatures were getting closer to the hill, pushing them back. They were still a way off, but the smoke made things difficult to aim. She did not want to shoot her friends by mistake, or any prisoners of war they may had taken.

Meranda jumped the last little bit, and landed on her knees on the ash strewn grass. Pushing herself up she began to sprint towards an area where the creatures where ganging up on someone. “Let’s even up the odds shall we?” she muttered to herself, raising her sword and charging into the group from behind.

488 WORDS , ARTHUR , did I say short posts? , &HEARTS; LAUZ

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
arthur alexandre drake
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 05:08 PM
75 POSTS
6'
what do you want me to be? I'm Nobody.
single
heterosexual
Wart

if today's the day i die
Lay me down under the lights Let me fall in love Let me save a life

It didn't bode well for their world when the battles were growing in frequency. The darkness was getting bolder, more determined, and the resistance only getting smaller. People were tired of fighting, tired of charging into one battle after another only to see no results. He remembered comparing the situation to having a tug-of-war with a wall. No matter how hard they tried they couldn't get it to budge. The darkness was always there, hovering over them. All their fighting and battles seemed to do was egg it on, feeding it with their deaths..their loss of hope.

These last few years Arthur had witnessed their enemy growing in intensity. Rumors were running rampant among those of the animated world that not even crossing the portal was safe for them anymore. The darkness was seeping through like a poison, oily hands set to grab them wherever they hid. Even being the optimistic one in his group of friends, Arthur could feel his own determination dimming with each battle he charged into. It was hard keeping ones hopes up when surrounded by war. Masked men and monsters overflowing your defenses and shredding friends to pieces right before your eyes.

Even though he himself was young; barely nineteen in this world, and untrained in the arts of swordsmanship. He was still determined to fight. He didn't realize when the war zone became his training grounds, the masked men his training dummies. Out here he'd learned to handle Excalibur. Perhaps not with the trained precision of someone who knew what they were doing, but with the desperate instinctiveness of someone who was for the most part 'winging it'. Somehow he managed, he had to, being on the front lines whenever the fighting started. Part of the close combat portion of their little battalion. Never mind that his sword seemed to have an extra effect on the creatures he fought. Glowing as though enraged at the very idea that so much darkness surrounded it, its blade slicing through monsters like a knife through melted butter.

In truth it was Excalibur that did all the work.

As he fought, he let the sword guide his swings. Letting its power extend through him even as his body was growing more and more exhausted. The one drawback to having the magical sword was that it drew attention, though he honestly didn't mind. It was better that the masked men came for him then his friends. As morbid as the thought might have been; if he listened to his destiny, he didn't have a very long life ahead of him anyway. As long as he managed to do something important with it in the meantime.

Today they seemed especially persistent. Everywhere he turned there was a masked man charging forward. His arms moved constantly, a blur of light that blocked a mismatched assortment of weapons. Daggers, swords, and battleaxes all trying to get a piece of him. If he felt any of the hits he garnered it didn't show in the determination of his face. Too busy trying to get a strike in where he could to keep the men back.

A sharp pinch in his side forced him to swing around, the momentum knocking the head off of the man who'd gotten too close. It gave him only a seconds reprieve before another jumped to take his place, practically standing on the fallen body as though it were nothing. His sword was coming back around, when part of the crowd parted to reveal much needed back-up. Though there was a moment's flash of worry in his eyes at seeing Merida down from her perch atop the hill. Normally he worried about those battling alongside of him and considered anyone whose talents kept them at a distance at least marginally safer then the rest of them. Merida with her bow and Thomas with his rifle being the only two he could call to mind at the moment.

The battlefield wasn't the type of place for worries though, and he pushed it aside to give his friend a strained smile. "Was wondering when the cavalry would show." He was slicing and stabbing again, because her arrival hadn't deterred most of his attackers. "I was starting to get worried."

And all I know is: No one, no one lives forever

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
meranda skye dunbroch
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 05:40 AM
280 POSTS
5'3"
I am Merida, firstborn of Clan Dun Broch! And I'll be shooting for my own hand!
single
heterosexual
MERIDA

TOUCH THE SKY
I WILL RIDE, I WILL FLY, CHASE THE WIND AND

Battles were dangerous things, and as much as Meranda didn’t want to, she could hear her mothers and fathers voice in her head. Her mothers worry, and her fathers advice. How often did she romp around the castle with her brothers, play fighting and waving a sword around? The ‘classes’ with her father where they’d end up enacting the lesson out rather than him telling her?

She missed those days, but without them she doubted she’d last as long as she did. She was still the girl that went head on into something without fully thinking it through (much to the dismay of her friends around her) but she had the skill to back herself now. She was a team player now, not without some hard work and learning about her comrades fighting skills and how she can best help them. Now the battles were as if an intricate dance. She understood how they worked well enough to stay alive.

That’s not to say she was the best in battle. Her primary skill still lay with the bow and arrow - standing on high ground, like a castle wall or a hill, and raining sharp arrows with precision down on the enemy. The world was now a dark place, and though she could shoot thanks to the fires around them, the thick smoke now coming off of them obscured her view of the field. Meranda was not one to turn back and leave her friends to fight them head on. If she could not be of help no longer firing from afar, she’ll draw her sword and go and join them.

Her arms ached from the repetitiveness of drawing it back, she was tired, and hungry. All those thoughts flashed through her mind as she had climbed down the hill. Those same thoughts were pushed aside when she told herself she had to forget that feeling for now and push on. That was all they could do, push on until they were spent, or rather if they managed to deter the odd assortment of beast and men the Darkness took form of.

The wild haired redhead grinned at her friend, a quick flash before she jabbed her sword into a masked man. It’s form vanishing into a smoky vapour was disconcerting to her still after all these years. It really did not give you a sense of victory for they seem like they could just reform. “The ground was growing thick with smog,” she explained, slashing with her sword at the same time, “not much use to you on the hill.” She gave a wry smile, “Didn’t want to kill one of our own by mistake.”

445 WORDS , ARTHUR , <3 , &HEARTS; LAUZ

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
arthur alexandre drake
 Posted: Sep 11 2015, 12:20 PM
75 POSTS
6'
what do you want me to be? I'm Nobody.
single
heterosexual
Wart

if today's the day i die
Lay me down under the lights Let me fall in love Let me save a life

As much as he might have been worrying about her being on the frontlines. Arthur couldn't hide the fact that he was also very relieved to have her there. He might have never admitted it but there were moments like this when he was absolutely terrified that he was about to die. With the hordes pouring over him in waves and no end in sight it wasn't that much of a stretch to think that his luck was about to run out. Magical sword or not he was still green in the art of sword fighting and there were warriors with greater skill who'd fallen at a lot less. Perhaps he was underestimating his skills as usual, but he just couldn't help but feel like the only reason he'd survived this long was solely due to luck.

If that was the case it would seem that he hadn't run out just yet. He was injured, just a little ( the usual round of wounds to be expected when battling in close combat; bruises, cuts, and the like. ) but thankfully his armor prevented the brunt of the damage. Making it so that cuts weren't very deep and the strikes were little more then glancing blows. Still, enough of either and the damage would start to pile up. Already Arthur could feel himself dragging the battle wore on. His sword felt heavier in his arms and his swings didn't have quite as much power in them as they'd had before. It was this slight lag that had allowed the masked men to close ranks around him. Pushing forward with that seemingly endless energy as they realized he was starting to struggle.

"Well in that case, I'm glad." There was a breathless quality to his voice; strained as he swung the sword around in a wide arc. A tactic that was aimed more at making their opponents give him some breathing room then it was to cause any damage. He did manage to take out two. Something about Excalibur made their death's different from what he witnessed when Merida or the others destroyed something from the darkness. The sword glowed almost constantly in the presence of these monsters, and once it made contact there was a hissing sound as it sliced through flesh and bone. Cutting at his enemies like a knife through butter. They still vanished the same of course, but they lingered a moment longer before doing so. "I thought I was goner. Definitely didn't need an arrow in the back on top of that."

Turning his head to look at Merida in the brief respite his swing had given him, he nodded a little way up the field. To where two rocks jutted up from the ground side by side. "Lets try moving over there...we can funnel them and make it easier." Sweat was dripping into his eyes and one arm lifted to rub at his brow, breathing coming ragged and fast before he was forced to lift his sword again and continue his attack. "Did you see anyone else?" There were others out here of course, but he'd been so busy fighting his own mini battle that he hadn't even bothered to see how the rest of the resistance was doing. Which made his stomach twist a little. As much as he'd have loved for them to come sweeping to the rescue, he couldn't help but feel guilty at not paying much attention to the rest of his surroundings. If anyone had needed his help he'd have missed it entirely in the face of his own problems.

And all I know is: No one, no one lives forever

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.