Add Reply
New Poll

Bravery Isn't the Absence of Fear, OPEN!
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Jul 16 2015, 02:02 PM
40 POSTS
5'10
I don't need a medal to tell me I'm a good guy.
Single
Heterosexual
RALPH

Ralph wasn't a brave person. He just wasn't. Oh sure. He had brief moments of what could be considered bravery, jumping into an exploding volcano of bubbling diet cola for example, but he comsidered that to be a brief moment of insanity or stupidity that happened to work out in his favor. Did that make him a hero? He doubted it. One good, albeit stupid, act didn't erase years of programmed villainy. No matter how much he wanted it to. He was exactly what those guys at Bad Anon said he was. A bad guy but not necessarily a bad guy. A little selfish, he preferred to think of it as opportunistic, maybe a little crass, he preferred to think of it as brutally honest, and sarcastic. So what. Everyone had faults, even heroes, and at least he freely admitted his. Good qualities, if he had any, those were harder to admit but that was neither here nor there.

One such good quality was Ralph's ability to hone in on one goal. It didn't happen often, he honestly didn't have many goals before the whole 'I'm going to win a medal' ordeal but since then, and especially on the other side of the portal, he'd made goals. And when he was solely focused, also a hard task considering how much his mind liked to wander, he could set most things aside. Things like fear. And cowardice. It wasn't perfect, mind you, his bout with the cybugs had proven that, but it was much better than just charging in willy-nilly. But it was unreliable. He didn't know how he did it. There wasn't any hocus pocus words that he could shout out to make it appear--nothing. And for someone who wasn't brave, that was a problem.

So here he stood, outside a castle that looked like it came from one of those creepy late-night scary movies, trying desperately to muster up the courage to go inside. He didn't want to. But he hadn't checked this place for his friends. Vanellope could be inside. Though he didn't know why she would be. This place was creep central, definately not a place for a sugar fairy princess…even one as tough as Vanellope. Unless she was being held captive. And that thought wasn't encouraging in the slightest but it didn't exactly give him much of a choice either. Go in and risk getting captured himself on the slight chance of rescuing the princess or don't go in and be plagued by what-ifs until he went crazy. "Damnit." He murmured to himself. There was nothing for it. He'd have to go in. Scared or not.

He could do this. He was invincible… "If you leave your game, stay safe, stay alert, and whatever you do, don't die! Because if you die outside your own game, you don't regenerate. Ever! Game over." The old PSA from Game Central filtered through his head unbidden reminding him just how fragile he really was. Okay. Fine. So he wasn't invincible but he was a nine foot giant. Surely that had to count for something, right? He nodded to himself affirming the idea in his mind. He was scarier than anything he would find in there. At least…he looked scarier. Enough pussy footing around. He was going in. He pushed open the door, pointedly ignoring the protesting groan that it gave, and tried to focus in the murky half light. Nothing scary so far. Maybe this spooky castle just looked scary…like him. That thought comforted him enough to get him to abandon the relative safety of the doorway and head further inside. He spotted what looked like to be an old fashioned candelabra on the table. He decided that a bit of light would make this whole place less spooky. As he reached for it however, the door swung shut of its own accord, causing him to jump and let out a very unmanly yelp. In his surprise he knocked over the candelabra and lost it in the darkness of the room. Regardless, he tried to play off his fear and let out a very uncomfortable laugh, "Ha, ha. Very funny." He wasn't sure what would be more terrifying. Having someone answer him…or not.

notes: none| words: 705 | tagged: OPEN

PMAIM
^
tristian leonard adams
 Posted: Jul 23 2015, 02:04 AM
20 POSTS
6'3"
N/A
single
straight
The Beast

we belong way down below

tag: ralph
words: 847
notes: hope you don't mind >///> ♥
Emotions ran through his entire being as he laid hunched in the corner of the abandoned castle, deep within the world that held his "home." Thick rivets had been clawed into the walls, along with freshly broken furniture scattered upon the floor. It practically added to the "haunted" effect the castle had going on. A breeze blew through a crack in the broken window, the warm air ruffling fur on his back. The action caused him to shudder violently, a deep snarl growing in his throat as claws tightened into his arms. This couldn't be. It was impossible.

Just a week ago he was living his life. Or, at least a life he thought was his. Something that felt so real to him, so natural. Even with the lack of a proper memory, the accident had all made sense. But to realize he wasn't what, or even who, he thought he was, was enough to send anyone running. His method of coping just seemed to recluse himself. To continually remind himself that he was nothing short of a monster, and that the woman who had captured his heart was nothing more than a lie. All he had sat out to do was run off some steam. A short attempt to clear his head from the frequenting dreams that seemed to grow with intensity the more he was around Marie. Which seemed to be a lot as she always seemed to pop up wherever he was.

Logically he should have kept his head and found his way to the Transition Center. Should have asked them what happened and why they continued to let him live the lie that was his "life." Had they really expected things to go smoothly for him? That he wouldn't have found out? It probably would have been that way, had he not decided to play the hero when he caught sight of the mugging that took place. A sense of heroism surged through him as he caused the punk through the busy sidewalk. He didn't realize what, or even where, he was running until he stumbled on the haunches of his own paws. His balance had been lost the moment he crossed through the Portal, and the terrifying roar that echoed against the damp walls as memories violently rushed back to his mind was enough to drive anyone mad.

As for the boy? Tristian. Or Adam. Or even Beast couldn't tell you where he went.

How he'd managed to find himself this hideout without drawing the attraction of the Darkness, he'd never know. Maybe they had other plans for him. Or maybe they expected him to fall far enough into his own madness that he would be one less being to worry about. Heaven knows there was enough damage in his mind without the excess packaging the Darkness could bring.

One week. Seven full days he'd been alone in this abandoned castle. Seven days to recount every memory from the past and the present. Seven days to wallow in self pity. Seven days was long enough for his Landlord to wonder where he'd gone. Was anyone even worried about him? Had he managed to make any friends on the other side? And what of his servants? Were they alive? Did they hate him? Or had they, like he once had, lost the memories of the life he'd thrown on them?

A growl rumbled in his chest at the thought. He was the reason behind the state he was in.

Wallowing in his depression, he hadn't noticed the sound of the door creaking open on it's heavily rusted hinges. Didn't hear the male voice that cried out in hesitation when the door slammed shut on him. No. Sound wasn't a sense that was properly working for him. It was the lingering scent of fresh dust being stirred. Of doubt and fear that tickled the fur around his nostrils that had him snapping his head up.

Without a logical thought as to what could have caused the sensation, he launched himself onto all fours as he made his way towards the front of the castle.

Easily skipping steps as he rushed down the spiraling staircase, the scents grew more intense the closer he got, his cape blowing out behind him as he stayed concealed in the shadows, his animal eyes trained on the shadow by the grand table. Ears folding back, his tail gave one firm swish before coming to rest against his hind quarters, the pads of his paws quiet upon the ancient wood of the castle.

The figure that stood in the center of the room was drenched in fear. It was a sensation that clung to him, like wet clothes do after running through the ran. He was tall; taller than any human he'd met in the past. Slinking past a small moon beam that tried to show his face, he stayed tucked on all fours as he called out in a snarl.

"Come to stare at the Beast now, have you?"

♔ nickdiazfan
PMEmail
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Aug 8 2015, 12:02 AM
40 POSTS
5'10
Single
Heterosexual
RALPH

Holy. Hell. The decision he'd made to explore this creepy castle was definitely a bad one. In his stomping around he had awoken something--someone that he definitely hadn't wanted to awake. Ralph had one small piece of himself that wasn't absolutely terrified it would have vanished in that moment. Whatever he had imagined finding in this castle a large Beast was not it. Air whooshed out of his lungs and he simply stood there gaping. It was horribly rude he realized in some small corner of his mind but there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. He'd never seen anything like the being that stood before him in the shadows. What did he do now? Simply stand there and quiver? Attempt to run? Beg for the mercy of the Beast? If there was any mercy to be found here, Ralph didn't deserve to have it extended to him.

If the Beast wasn't simply terrifying in his presence, he snarled a snarled a question at him stifling any hope Ralph had of escaping. He couldn't run now, he was caught like a deer in headlights, knowing that he quite possibly faced his demise but unable to move away. He turned his focus back to the Beast's question. Had come to stare? Most certainly not. How could he? He hadn't known that the Beast was here and if he had, he'd have steered far clear of this castle. Far. Far. Clear. Potential princesses or long lost friends be damned. He wasn't a hero after all. He was a bad guy. And bad guys looked out for numero uno first and foremost. And while he hadn't intended to stare, he certainly was now. And it was clear from the tone that the Beast that he wasn't a fan of being gaped at. "N-no. I didn't." He stated unable to keep the tremor out of his voice. What was the point in acting brave? If this Beast was as animalistic as he looked, he could probably smell the fear radiating off of him in thick waves.

Still, animalistic appearance aside, he had been staring. And it was still rude. Should he apologize then? He didn't know if it would help matters or not. But…but it couldn't hurt. And who knows, perhaps he was judging the Beast too harshly. Maybe he just looked scary. And sounded scary. And acted scary. Regardless, Ralph always hated it when people assumed too much about him…so it was time to practice what he preached. He cleared his throat and spoke again,"I'm sorry…you just, uh, frightened me. I wasn't aware that anyone else was here. I was looking for my friends. I lost them awhile back and I thought they might be here." There. Much better. Despite the fact that he didn't know if explaining his intention for disturbing the Beast would help her or hurt him, he still felt better for having done so. By no means was he relaxed but at least he could feel the paralyzing fear begin to losen his grip. That had to count for something, right? And at this point, any slight success counted for a major victory.

He didn't know what else to do. He couldn’t see very well in the half light of the room and he didn't want to move lest he startled the Beast. As much as he was all for not judging a book by its cover…he still wanted to end this excursion with all his limbs in tact.

notes: I'm sorry it's short. He's just so scared!| words: 585 | tagged: Tristan/Solar

PMAIM
^
tristian leonard adams
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 11:26 AM
20 POSTS
6'3"
N/A
single
straight
The Beast

we belong way down below

tag: ralph
words: 419
notes: 8D ♥
Firmly keeping his paws on the ground, the fur on the back of his neck prickled at the sharp intake of breath from the other standing before him. In an instance, he could pounce on this giant and have him on the ground, fangs bared and claws threatening to dig into his throat. All the other had to do was move.

The air around them stilled, even more so than what could have stilled in an abandoned castle, and he could feel the sensation of the other's eyes staring. "WHAT. Is here something you enjoy, seeing something as hideous as this?!" Standing on his hind legs, he flexed his front paws as he growled deep from within his throat. The man before him was still too quiet. Still staring as he stood his ground.

Nostrils flared when the other finally managed to make his voice work. Frightened him? Who didn't he frighten in this form. shoulders slumping just a fraction of an inch, his mind thought of the beautiful brunette with rich brown eyes who he thought saw past his appearance. Where was she? Was she safe? Had the Darkness gotten to her? The thought caused him to snarl again, this time made his way towards the other.

Coming face to face with the man, his eyes scanned his face as his ears twitched at the other's words. So he'd come to lose someone in this hell as well? Exhaling sharply through his nose, he washed the other's face in his exhale as a low growl bubbled in his throat. Who was he to deny someone the right to search? But who was this man to assume he could find what he was looking for?

"And what.," He started as he kept the distance between them to a minimal before continuing. "Makes you think they would be here, an abandoned castle, of all places?" No one would think to hide here. Anyone with half a brain would have thought this place for the Darkness. And it had been, before he tore his way through the structure. His memories suddenly flooding back to him had caused him to go into an uncontrollable rage that seemed to leave him feeling no pain as he tore he way though the woods.

Everything he had come to learn in the passing years was nothing more than a lie. And learning that he was still a monster, it hurt him even more than the lie he had come to know.

♔ nickdiazfan

PMEmail
^
ralph daniel alcott
 Posted: Sep 9 2015, 11:04 AM
40 POSTS
5'10
Single
Heterosexual
RALPH

Ralph was about ninety percent sure that he'd have nightmares about this later. If there was a later, that is. The rumbling growl that accompanied this…Beast's words shook him to his core. Whatever small amount of courage, if you could call what he had courage, wavered. He wasn't a hero after all, not really, and any danger he had previously faced had been for one thing. His medal. Then he had met Vanellope. And his world quickly rearranged itself. Without his consent. One second she was the annoying crumb-cruncher that had stolen his prized possession and the next…the next she was his friend. His best friend. And he'd do anything for her. Even stand his ground against a terrifying Beast. He'd have to make it out of here. For her. And he wasn't going to leave until he'd searched this place. With or without the Beast's help. He didn't want to fight. But he would for her.

It was this revelation that caused him only to flinch when the Beast was suddenly before him, growling on his face. Ralph's fists tightened, preparing himself for any occurrence. He wouldn't take the first swing. He just wouldn't. He wasn't that guy anymore. The guy that allowed the red mist of rage to guide his actions. The guy who allowed his programming to make the decisions for him. He was his own man now. And he'd prove it. Right here. The Beast hadn't made a move to hurt him, just frighten him. Maybe that's all he intended to do. It didn't matter. So long as he kept Vanellope in the forefront of his mind…he was less afraid. "I don't know. " He said, surprising himself when his voice didn't quake."Maybe this was the only choice she…they had. Either way, I'm not leaving until I look around myself. Are you going to help me or stand in my way?"

He had no way of knowing if he had made a huge mistake or not. But he had told the truth. He hoped that the Beast before him could respect that and that they could resolve this mess without conflict. He had no idea what the Beast was capable of. Strength probably. And animal instincts. He'd just have to wing it. His hands had never failed him before and he trusted in them now. If he failed…well at least he'd have died honorably. No one would look for him. He didn't want them to. Why risk themselves for him? He wasn't anything special and they would probably all be better off without him anyway.

notes: Uh-oh| words: 430 | tagged: Tristan/Solar

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.