Add Reply
New Poll

casarosa, jace rigel, 18 | bambino | Freddie Highmore
jace rigel casarosa
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 03:24 PM
26 POSTS
5'10"
The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.
Single
Heterosexual
Bambino

jace rigel casarosa
"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to."
eighteen - bambino - freddie highmore - hero

freestyle application

It had always just been the three of them – Bambino, Papa and Nonno. Or that was all that he remembered. He knew that he had a Nonna and a Mama at one point because Papa and Nonno talked about them often. Bambino had only extremely vague memories of them, though. What he remembered of Nonna was the scent of cinnamon and flour. According to Nonno, she baked a lot, which made sense. Nonno talked about Nonna an awful lot, so while Bambino didn’t remember much of her, he heard a lot about her from his grandfather. It was a bit of a different story with his mother, though. Papa never talked about Mama too much. Maybe a brief passing comment, but that was it. Bambino had a little more memories of Mama than he did of Nonna. He remembered her gentle touch and the sound of her singing him to sleep. The memories were only in glimpses and fragments, but he held onto them.

The three of them lived in a small cabin on a tiny island off the coast of Italy. Their home was very small, as it was only one room. They just had the bare minimum in their home, but that was really all they needed. It didn’t really matter, in all honesty, because they didn’t spend a whole lot of time in their cabin – or at least, Papa and Nonno didn’t. They were fishermen and spent most of their time out on the ocean, catching fish to sell on the mainland. Bambino was occasionally left behind on the island when Papa and Nonno thought that the waters might be a little too dangerous for someone so small. They went out fishing every day except for Sunday, which was always a very special day, especially for Bambino. They would attend church in the morning and then spend the rest of the day together. Once they got home, they would eat, play games, chat and play music together. Bambino looking forward to Sundays all week because he so loved spending time with his Papa and Nonno.

The relationship between Papa and Nonno was a little funny to watch for Bambino. They were two very different men that were equally stubborn and opinionated. Bambino tried to be a little bit of each of them. He could constantly be found mimicking them both little by little. There was no way that he could possibly just mimic one because he loved them both so much. The two men argued frequently, which Bambino didn’t necessarily like, but at least it was never about something very serious. They argued about things like whether to fry or grill the chicken or whether they should wear neckties or bowties to church.

Little did Bambino know that Papa and Nonno had a very special job to do every night while he slept. They would sail out into the ocean until they arrived at the moon. Every night, the moon would be covered with fallen stars and it was their job to sweep the stars into the appropriate shape for the moon’s lunar cycle, whether it be half-moon, crescent moon, or a new moon. One night, Bambino had trouble sleeping and realized that Papa and Nonno were leaving in the middle of the night, so he decided to follow them. He was extremely sneaky about what he was doing and didn’t get caught, but he was only able to follow them to the dock. They traveled so far out into the ocean that they disappeared, so he had no choice but to go back to the cabin.

His curiosity was quenched the very next night, though, because Papa and Nonno invited him out onto the boat with them to go complete their mysterious job. They were very secretive about where they were going and what they were doing, but Bambino saw their sly smiles, so he knew that he didn’t need to be worried. Papa and Nonno would never let anything bad happen to him. They traveled to a certain point in the ocean when they suddenly stopped. Bambino looked to Papa and Nonno for answers, but they gave him none. What they did give him, though, was a hat just like the both of them wore! They argued for a little bit on how he should wear it, either up like Nonno or down like Papa. To pass the time, he did little things to mimic the two men. Bambino hoped that when he was all grown up, he would be just like the two of them. Who could be better to be like anyway?

Suddenly, the sky was lit up with a bright light and he ran over to the side of the boat to investigate. His eyes widened with awe when he realized that the light was coming from the moon that was moving up into the sky. Papa handed him an anchor and then pulled out a ladder that was the biggest he’d ever seen! He was instructed to take the anchor and carry it up the ladder. Bambino was hesitant, but he did what he was told. The moon was completely covered in stars – that was where the light had come from! He shoved the anchor into one of the moon craters before Papa and Nonno followed him up the ladder. While he waited for them, he investigated the stars that were littered around the moon. He knelt down next to one and touched it with his finger – it lit up at his touch! Papa and Nonno finally climbed up to the moon and led him to a shed where there were some buckets and brooms and tools. Papa wanted him to use the push broom like he did, but Nonno wanted Bambino to use the regular broom like him. It spurred on another argument and while they argued, a gigantic falling star came flying towards the moon. The three of them dove into a crater for shelter until the star came crashing down.

Papa and Nonno spent a long time trying to get the giant star out from the moon’s surface. They broke several brooms but were unable to remove the giant star. Bambino slowly approached and knocked on it. Just like the miniature star, it lit up at his touch. He suddenly got an idea and went back to the shed to dig out a hammer. While Papa and Nonno argued about what to do, he climbed up to the tip of the star, found just the right spot and hit it with the hammer.

The star broke apart into little stars, but as that happened, everything went dark. The light from the stars was gone and he could barely see anything in front of him. Bambino cried out for Papa and Nonno, but he was just met with silence. Even in the Darkness, he knew that they weren’t out there and he was alone. Slowly, creatures began to appear on the moon’s surface and Bambino rushed back down to the boat to escape them. Once he arrived in the boat, he was met with a group that was being led to safety and he was ushered along by the leaders.

They moved into what he was told was the real world and something very strange happened to him upon crossing over the portal. He was much taller and stronger than he was back home and it wasn’t until he saw himself in the mirror that he saw for sure what had happened. Bambino was taken to what was called the Transition Center where it was explained that the Darkness had fallen and the animated world was infected with evil. He decided quickly that he would go across the portal as often as he needed to keep his memories. They were so very important to him and he didn’t want to ever lose them. He picked a new name and took up a job at the transition center and housing complex.

Every time he crossed back over into the animated world, he looked for Papa and Nonno. He even looked for them up on the moon, but he never found any trace of them. They had left him all alone, which was something they promised they would never do. After that realization, Jace became more withdrawn and less trusting. If you couldn’t trust your family, then who could you trust? He didn’t talk to too many people, but just kept to himself as he did his job fixing things around the transition center and housing complex.

Once he was old enough, one of the workers at the transition center urged him to study something at the university. It took quite a bit of convincing, but he finally gave in when he found out that he could spend his time studying everything about the night sky. It was definitely something that he found brought him happiness.

character connections

Name:

After a bit of searching, I stumbled upon the name Jace, which means moon. I was a little hesitant to go with it because it's so close to Jay, but I decided that I loved it too much to not use it. Rigel is the middle name I picked and it is the name of the brightest star in the constellation of Orion. His last name, Casarosa, is far less symbolic, as it's just the name of the director of La Luna, but I thought it all flowed well together.

Playby:

I went on a big search to find the perfect playby for Jace and no one seemed to be quite right, until I found Freddie Highmore and it hit me like a brick. He looks young enough so that he can pass as a teenager and the appearance seems spot on, too - the light eyes, dark hair and light skin. Plus, he has both happy and sad gifs/pictures, so there is a wide range to choose from.

Jace is a freshman college student studying astronomy. I thought this was the most obvious choice. He has a huge love for the night sky and he would want to learn as much about it as he possibly could. I feel like he would be really good with tools and working with his hands, so I decided he would be a "fix-it" guy around the transition center and the housing complex.

Background/Personality:

The happy little boy is still in Jace, but he will be much sadder now. Papa and Nonno were everything to him and after the Darkness fell and he couldn't find them, he thought that they just abandoned him. He feels very alone and is not quite as trusting as he once was. I don't think that just anyone could do the job that his family did. I think there was something very special about this family that allowed them to go up to the moon and sweep it clean. And since Jace can't go up to the moon in the real world, I think he would feel a big longing for it, like something was missing.

Powers:

I immediately thought that Jace would have some sort of star-related powers when the stars lit up at his touch. I felt like that was something that just happened with him and not with Papa or Nonno, especially since he automatically knew what to do about the giant star. In my head, it's something that is passed down through the family, but it skips every few generations, which explains why neither Papa or Nonno have the gift. It took me awhile to figure out what the gift might be, especially since there are personified stars on the site. Through research, I found stellar manipulation. This is an extremely brought power, so I've narrowed it down to just a few things. Stellar manipulation is all about manipulating the traits of stars, both good and bad. Since he is so young, his powers aren't very strong just yet, but there are a few things he can do, like manipulate heat and light or create small "star messages" in the sky. He is also capable of the darker side of stellar manipulation, like incineration or taking away light. Jace rarely uses the dark stellar powers because they can have damaging effects for him both physically and mentally because of the dark power. Since he is so young, his powers are not fine tuned at all, but he does love playing around with light.

Birthday:

October 10 is the birthdate of the film's composer. In a way, I feel like music is very important to Jace. I can imagine Papa or Nonno playing on a violin or a guitar back at their small cabin after dinner and it's a fond memory for Jace. Plus, there is no real dialogue in the film, so the music is incredibly important.

about RILY !
spiffy details !
movie:

La Luna

birthday:

October 10

sexuality:

heterosexual

nickname(s):

None

powers/abilities:

Stellar Manipulation (More info in character connections)

PMEmail
^
jace rigel casarosa
 Posted: Jul 6 2015, 03:57 PM
26 POSTS
5'10"
The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.
Single
Heterosexual
Bambino

user posted image

I think this guy is done! <3
PMEmail
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Jul 6 2015, 04:56 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Diamond in the Rough! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.