straight
bing bong

INSIDE OUT SPOILERS AHEAD

marco felix andersen
"Take her to the moon for me..."
twentyfive - bing bong - mark fischbach - hero

freestyle application

who's your friend who likes to play?

He can remember when she first thought him up. No more than three years old, in love with cats and elephants and all sorts of yummy treats, Riley came up with him. He was to be her very best friend forever, he knew that from the start. Bing Bong was made to fit perfectly with Riley, even if he was far more naive and always far more silly. That was his job, that was just how she created him. He couldn't read, he couldn't write, and he could barely draw. But did any of that matter to the young girl? Of course not, she was just the same as him. Not to say they didn't come up with their own ways to write words upon words and secret codes that would be easily deciphered by anyone older... They would simply enjoy themselves and do as they pleased. Bing Bong would stand at her side as she entered preschool, kindergarten, first grade... The years went on and on, and the pair would always be inseparable. Nothing was better than the rocket, though. The rocket that would, one day, take the pair of them to the moon. It was a simply song that would let them fly, a song her father came up with himself after Riley informed him of just what and who Bing Bong was. They were meant to be peas in a pod forever, him always there in the corner of her eye to cheer her on as she scored her first goal in hockey, made her first few friends, and began to learn about the world around her.

bing bong, bing bong

As Riley grew, Bing Bong was shoved further and further away. It wasn't her fault, it wasn't his fault. Times were changing. It wasn't "normal" to talk to someone who wasn't there, no matter how close you were in thought. Imaginary friends were thought of as "childish" and "silly"... They became a way to be ostracized. Bing Bong took his place in the back of her thoughts, waiting as day after day passed to be on her mind again. Once in a while he would be; he was a source of comfort on some of Riley's toughest days. He would lay there and rub her back and tell her all the stories of how much fun they had when she was younger, and how she was still his best friend in the world. Nothing could ever change that fact. Riley would always be the closest person in the universe to the strange puffball. Even as they grew apart and she visited him less and less... He would always be there for her. Weeks turned to months, months turned to years and, even though her face's features were fading in his own thoughts, Bing Bong would never forget her. Riley was his best friend. All of his memories were about her, she was never not around. Until, one day, she wasn't, and he was pushed further and further back as more and more new memories came into play...

his rocket makes you yell "hooray"!

Soon enough, he found himself never being played with. Bing Bong was alone, lost in the memories of his young creator. He had to get by on his own, unsure of what her face even looked like anymore. Riley was a growing girl with no time for thoughts or friends of the past. The elephant-cat-cotton candy creature was no longer a prime player in her life, a thought that was nearly impossible to settle down by himself. What would he do now? What could he do now? He couldn't get to headquarters, and you could only travel the world of Riley's thoughts for so long... He had to settle to finding memories, to taking them and reliving them over and over again as clearly as he could. What else was there to do? He was lost in Long Term Memory, forever wandering, forever collecting happy thoughts.

The imaginary friend never expected to really meet anyone else, not out in the middle of nowhere as he was. Other denizens did not travel so far into places it was so easy to get lost- for them. Bing Bong didn't get lost, he knew her memories like the back of his hand. Then, one day, they were there. Two things like him, yet different. He ran, at first, unsure of what the feelings could want from him. But soon they were talking, and they promised to make him important again. Riley would think of him once again... He could try to help them, to get his new friends back to Headquarters, though he had never found his way there before. Would it be that hard? It was, it seemed.

His wagon. Their wagon. It was gone, thrown into the memory dump, never to be thought of again... How could someone recover from that? Such a fate would be his, one day. He couldn't laugh, he couldn't smile. But then, then he was connecting to someone who truly knew what it was like to be forgotten and alone... It was a connection he would never forget. A connection that only friends could make. She understood, and for that, he wouldn't give up. He would get them back to Headquarters, and they would make Riley happy again!

bing bong, bing bong

Things did not go as any of them planned. The train stopped, and they were forced to try and get Riley up themselves, a plan which failed. Not even Jangles, the terrifying clown, could help. At least, he couldn't help for long. Riley woke up, the train was moving... But it was too late. The last island fell and, try as he might, Bing Bong couldn't save Joy from falling in. Could he save anyone anymore? Even he was becoming forgotten... And then there they were, deep in the Memory Dump, with next to no way to escape. His rocket was the only thing left, the only way they could even get close.

And close they got. Joy could almost touch the ground again, just by singing his song and going up a jump. Yet they couldn't make it, they would be trapped... Until Bing Bong realized what had to be done. One day, Riley would go to the moon, even if he wasn't there to lead the way. He jumped off as Joy sang louder and louder- and she made it. She wouldn't be forgotten, a lost emotion. He, on the other hand, continued to fade away, an imaginary friend lost forever. His last thoughts were of Joy, watching as she looked at him as the rest of him faded, following after the loss of his hand. She would take Riley to the moon, she would get to see the world and more...

who's the best in every way

Why did he awake? Bing Bong couldn't quite be sure. He felt his body fade away, his existence slowly fade... Until it didn't. There was a strange light, a Portal, and suddenly he was a human. Someone just like his Riley, just larger and not a small girl. Strange people took him in, they explained what this world was and how he possibly got here... Except he had never traveled. He couldn't remember much of how he arrived, it simply happened all of a sudden. But he was alive, more than just an imaginary friend, but full of holes just as before. They gave him a little home, a nice room with all he needed, and taught him more about this world.

He could sit inside and rest, he could learn and attempt to figure things out. They worked on teaching him to read- a slow and painful process, He learned to be a human, not just the old him. He wasn't part cat, part elephant, part everything else anymore. He had to eat, cook, live. Hard to do when you never had to do anything like it before. But he learned, he adjusted. A year passed, he was changing and growing.

and wants to sing this song to say

Soon he moved to an apartment, a place where he could be on his own. He could sit inside and hide, ignoring everything terrible going on around him. He could pretend the girl who created him hadn't nearly forgotten him, he could pretend that Joy and Sadness made it back to Headquarters okay before whatever it was took over. He could pretend that crossing the Portal didn't wreck his heart each and every time he crossed. He could even ignore the darkness, if he tried hard enough...

The imaginary friend had to get a job eventually, he had to learn to support himself. Sometimes he would go to the children's hospital, when he wasn't feeling sad, and would entertain the poor children dressed up in funny ways. They could forget their own pain that way as well. Wasn't that nice? But it wasn't enough... And then there were scouts, looking for someone for a TV show. Bing Bong, now Marco, knew what that was. He watched TV once in a while, when he could figure it out. They liked him, they liked how he interacted with the screen and connected with the kids. They didn't recognize him out in public, though, not very often. He was unknown, no matter how well his show did. It was odd, being an actor. He had to be happy, he had to show a smile. He pushed through it, of course, he did it for those long forgotten. They were who he lived for now.

bing bong, bing bong!

"How are you feeling, Marco?"

"Okay. My show has me busy again, and I don't get to go to the children's hospital this weekend because of it."

"No, Marco, how do you really feel?"

"Sad, like I do most of the time. Why did this have to happen to me, doctor?"

"Bad things happen to us all. I'm giving you a medication now, it should help you to feel happier. I don't want to have to resort to pills... But I think it can help you the most. We'll still meet, and we'll still work on things, we just need a bit of help."

character connections

Name: I chose Marco for his first name because Bing Bong needs a fun name- and what is better than shouting 'polo!' every time someone says your name? Not much. It was also picked because Bing Bong's voice actor, Richard Kind, is known for playing a character named 'Mark', but Marco is more fun. Felix is his middle name because it means 'happy' or 'lucky', and Bing Bong is certainly happy! His last name, Andersen is the last name of Riley's in the movie! He wouldn't give up his entire identity. As a side note, when he goes to the hospital, his name is Mark Bingus Bongus.

Playby: Markiplier was someone I sort of though about but was on the edge about until Step also suggested him and various others agreed. He's super playful but also amazingly caring, which is who I believe Bing Bong to be. He loves to have fun and has really amazing facial expressions of basically every emotion ever, which is also useful for the great imaginary friend. Not to mention he also dresses up in odd ways which works perfectly!

Age: I didn't want Bing Bong to be a kid, as he's been in Riley's head for so long. Obviously he's grown and learned a lot, especially as an imaginary friend who doesn't want to be forgotten. 25 seemed like a good 'in between' sort of age!

Birthday: A lot of people (especially on tumblr) like to talk about Bing Bong being imaginary/needing friends and the fact that the creator of Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends invited him to live at the house. So his birthday is the release date of the show!

History: I followed the same history of Wendy and Vive, being sure that they all matched up. Thankfully neither of those two are with Bing Bong at his time of crossing, so I had a bit more freedom to have some fun with him! I tried to talk a little bit about Riley as a child without seeming too specific or anything as well. After he crossed I tried to make it make sense with the amount of time he's been over so far! I knew his crossing would be a bit challenging- I decided to have a small piece of him last after he was forgotten and it sorta... Flew across and ended up in the real world? This small piece of him wouldn't grow up, because Riley and the emotions still need him.

Depression: Am I terrible? Yes. Marco has depression due to almost being forgotten, being ignored by his creator, and being forced into a new world. So he's sad a lot, and he misses Sadness, because she really understood him. He misses everyone, really...

Job: I'm a nerddd who wants to cause feelings. So Marco does a lot of work at children's hospitals. He'll talk to the kids and dress up and just do his best to cheer them up! This is 90% volunteering, of course. He also works on a children's tv show (but isn't often recognized) because yeah he's good at being really happy and silly, which is perfect for such a role. Plus it lets him feel closer to Riley...

Member Group: I chose to make Marco a hero due to the cut off- it is after he sacrifices himself for Joy so that she can save Riley! He really is a hero.

about POND !
who's your friend who likes to play ;.;

5 Posts: one, two, three, four, five

Plotter: i will {stand} by you

spiffy details !
movie: Inside Out

birthday: august 13th

sexuality: what?

nickname(s): variations of mark, bingus bongus, etc.

powers/abilities: can always make people laugh!!!, super good at cooking candy, can make himself unnoticeable

PM
^
marco felix andersen
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 11:44 PM
18 POSTS
6'0"
'D-A-N-G-E-R', short cut!"
single
straight
bing bong

finally done <3 only got sad a lot while writing!

user posted image
PM
^
♔ALLISON ARGENT
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 01:52 AM
1021 POSTS
5'0"
Hi there! My name's Forest, and I'm one of your fabulous admins! I like mint-flavored things and walks in the woods and crushing people's hearts into little tiny pieces with feels. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything!
HAHAHA
HETEROSEXUAL
THE HUNTRESS

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Diamond in the Rough! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.