Add Reply
New Poll

Barkin, charlie bowser, 36, Charlie Barkin, Colin Farrell
charlie bowser barkin
 Posted: Aug 10 2015, 06:20 PM
29 POSTS
5'10"
Hey! I know we're all dead up here, but so's the music. How about heating it up?
single
Sexually confused
Charlie B. Barkin

charlie bowser barkin
"so call me a mixed-up pup."
thirty-six - charlie b. barkin - colin farrell - hero

freestyle application

December, 1940. It's almost Christmas. Annabelle was going to give me a day with Squeaker and Itch. Instead, she sends me here. New York. Reality. Like what I had before wasn't real. She says, with all her angelic know-how, that a Darkness is coming and I have to go. I have to go because I want to live again so badly, and this is my chance for that, and to do good for Heaven at the same time. I had my visit settled out months ago, and now it's only days away. I am mad as Hell that I can't hold my pals again.

Annabelle set me up at this halfway house for other people from our world. A lot of what she's saying about animation and Reality and the Resistance doesn't make sense to me. All I know is that she seems more high-strung than usual. Which for a whippet is saying something. She stayed for a month or two to teach me how to write, and then a shocker. She handed me my watch. Blue ribbon and all. She put it around my neck and kissed me on the cheek. I felt that angelic breeze on my skin.

"You look handsome as a human, Charles," she said, giggling. Then she was back to business. "Your watch will let me keep in touch with you, as it did when you stole it in our world. But if things get worse at home, and I'm sure they will, it could stop working."

"I'm not going to die again, am I?" I said. Dying is the worst.

"No, but we won't be able to talk. So keep the watch close to your heart, and I will keep it working for as long as I can." The way she said that, I still can't get it out of my head. It was like she was afraid to die. But how can that be? She's already dead.

"You can send letters to me, Itchy, and Anne-Marie with a member of the Resistance. It's not guaranteed that we'll get them, but..." She touched my face again. Looked like we were never going to see each other again. Annabelle and I have never been friends, but she believes in me. I don't know why.

"You're going to help save us, Charles. I believe in you." That's the last I've heard from her so far.

New York is freezing.

---

February, 1941.

Itch! God, do I miss ya, buddy. Annabelle, a friend of mine, tells me that you and Squeaker are safe. She's coming to see me soon, so I'm going to give this letter to her to pass on to you. I'm not sure how much you know about what's going on, besides all the destruction and that I'm dead.

Well, first thing's first, I'm not dead anymore. That's right! Your old pup is as spry as a pip. And I look as good as one, too. Well, for a human. Right again, Itch, somehow I got turned into a man. You've heard about the Portal, right? Well, pass through it, and you'll go from N'Orleans to New York in a heartbeat. Not only that, but you'll be a man! Knowing you you'll turn out a midget, and you'll still have fleas. Second, it's not 1941 here. Ready to hear something really wacky? Here, it's the year 2015. I'm not kidding ya! All those radio story hours are wrong about the future. It's almost the same as home, except the cars are aces. Hotter than tomatoes, I tell ya. Unfortunately, I don't have a license, or a lot of money, so I can't buy one yet. But you'll get here eventually, and we can save up together.

I got myself a job tending bar at a place called One Shot. I told the owner I used to own a club in Louisiana. It's not a lie, but I didn't tell him that it was seventy-five years ago. When he asked me why I left, I said tough times. I think he thinks our business failed! I guess it did. Damn that Carface. I'll work my way up again while I'm waiting for you and Anne-Marie.

Hope to hear from you soon, Itch. Stay safe.

Charlie.

---

August 10, 1941/2015

Hey, Itch. I can't come back yet, and I'm sorry. I'm sending this letter with a member of the Resistance. How's living the good life? Don't go choking on any chicken bones.

Look, I've been doing some reading. Don't laugh. It's been two years, and I can read pretty good. In December, Japan is going to attack Hawaii. I know Squeaker's new duds are rich and are gonna want to go there. Don't let them.

God, I hope this letter gets to you. Of all the letters to not get.

You have to keep Squeaker safe, Itchy. I love that little girl---you tell her that---and you are my best pal, and I'm not about to let you get hurt by World War II.

That's another thing. I can't let you get hurt by this Darkness, either. So I have to stay. Because there's something happening here, too, Itch, in Reality. I told you to stay low until I could find a safe place for us, but I think that this is it. You have to come as soon as possible. Bring Squeaker's parents, have her explain to them what we are and where we come from. Tell Squeaker I'm not dead. Scheme with Carface. I don't know! I'm scared, Itch. I haven't heard Annabelle in a long time, and my watch stopped again.

Charlie.

character connections

Charlie's name was pretty easy to come up with. His middle initial is canonically B, with his mother's maiden name being Bowser. So I'm guessing he just took it for a middle name. His job is a natural fit and is frankly all he knows (besides taking care of kids, but he's a bit reluctant to do that).

I chose Colin Farrell as Charlie's playby because Farrell is brunette, scruffy, and has a cheek mole like Charlie.

Charlie passed through the portal a year and a half after he left Anne-Marie for Heaven. He did so at Annabelle's behest. He doesn't know exactly what she wants him to do in the real world, but he knows that he's supposed to fight against the Darkness and help save Heaven---if only so that he can see Itchy and Anne-Marie again.

Sasha and her boy do not exist. The Gabriel Horn does, but it hasn't been stolen.

about littlelight !
Hi! I'm littlelight. Nickname me as you will. I'm 22 in the Eastern Standard time zone. Send me a PM! I watch ADGTH whenever I miss my pets.
spiffy details !
movie: All Dogs Go to Heaven

birthday: September 13, 1937

sexuality: Heterosexual

nickname(s): Charlie; Barkin

powers/abilities: None

PM
^
charlie bowser barkin
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 09:32 AM
29 POSTS
5'10"
Hey! I know we're all dead up here, but so's the music. How about heating it up?
single
Sexually confused
Charlie B. Barkin

Finished!
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 09:50 AM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Diamond in the Rough! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.