Add Reply
New Poll

don't leave ME}, tag - chelle/hook
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: Dec 25 2014, 02:02 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
You know, you could stay forever, if you want to. There's one tiny thing we have to do first...
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS
AND I'LL PROBABLY SURVIVE THIS

You never truly appreciated the little things in life until they were stripped from you. A basic thing like sight was taken for granted...until some mangy cat took it from you. Blair would never forget that horrid little creature, clawing out her eyes and hissing up a storm. Blair despised cats, but that one in particular she wanted to hunt down and make pay for the wrongs committed. She was an old fashioned woman, so an eye for an eye held much stock by her standards. She's find that worthless bag of bones and make him suffer. She'd skin that filthy mat of fur and turn him into something worth having around, if there was even enough of a pelt to savage.

She thought all of this viciously as she wandered aimlessly through the near deserted city of the animated world. Her fingers groped hopelessly at the surrounding walls, the pads of her fingers catching on the crumbling brick as she searched the rubble for something of use. Eyes...she needed new eyes when she was here. In the "real" world, she had been restored. Beautiful brown eyes belonged to her there...but here? Nothing but bare white skin pulled tight across her face. She needed new buttons here...but finding them was proving difficult, considering there were few around, and even fewer who would help her. Who would really volunteer to help a villain, and a disabled one at that? She would be seen as weak to any of the leeches that considered themselves the type to be a minion to a villain, particularly as she did not even view herself as a villain. All she wanted was a loving daughter. What was so wrong with that?

"Curse that wretched blight" Blair muttered under her breath as she continued to feel around for something, anything, that could be of use to her. She lowered herself to the ground, feeling through the scattered debris for lost clothing...perhaps with a button or two still barely clinging by a thread. An exasperated sigh escaped her lips as her quest seemed more and more like it was in vain. She'd never see again in the animated world, it seemed.

In anger, Blair began to kick furiously at the nearest building to her, beating her anger away until her flesh screamed in pain and her bones felt close to breaking. In a heap she collapsed, angry tears(though where they came from could not be explained) began to appear. She had never felt so desolate in all her life.
Her thin fingers went to her eyes, covering where her eyes should be, as she focused on her breathing. Heavy and laboured it was, but she had to get a grip on herself. She had to pull herself together, for the animated world was a dangerous place these days, even for a witch like her.

"Whose there?!" she called out, as she heard the repositioning of rubble behind her. She may have lost her sight but her hearing was still as strong as ever. "Show yourself!". Hah, what a laugh, as if that mattered much to Blair these days.

NOTES it's kind of awful, i'm sorry ><
MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Dec 28 2014, 12:42 PM
143 POSTS
6'2"
No man does evil because it is evil; he simply mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
The portal was a tricky mistress. Crossing over to the “real” side restored James his hand and made him into something fairly attractive, relegating his hook to a wide steel bangle on his left wrist and intially wiping his skin clean. Crossing to the animated side restored him his red captain's coat and the scars and tattoos that littered his skin, but stole away his hand and the visage that managed to get him much further than sly wit alone. The oddest thing of it all though was the damn harness. It passed through the portal and became physical in New York, a thing of chocolate brown leather and iron buckles and he had to physically bring it when he crossed back over.

The first order of business after crossing the portal was always to remove his coat and set the hook through a belt loop on his pants while he strapped himself into the harness that wrapped its way up his torso, chest, shoulder, and arm in a complicated series of belts and plates of boiled leather so he could affix the hook to his wrist. He was not accustomed to wearing the piece anymore. He was still as deft as ever when it came to putting it on and taking it off, the movement required written into his muscles from years of wearing it. It felt strange though. It used to be almost unnoticeable, but now he could feel it with every move he made. It didn't chafe, not when he wore it over the collared white shirt, but it was snug and undeniably present.

Crossing over was not something he enjoyed. He did it because he had to, because he refused to forget. Everything he was and everything he had made himself into after fleeing the darkness was because of who he had been here. So these monthly sojourns were made with something of a bitter resentment. He hadn't explored much, not everyone here knew who he was, but he refused to simply not wear his hook and the silver crescent clearly marked him as not only “other” but warned people off just as much as it broadcast that he was not a wholesome hero.

He picked through the rubble of the empty city. The times he had come here he had never seen another soul though he knew that surely others had to be around somewhere. He had heard rumors that some people lived here rather than cross the portal though he couldn't for the life of him figure out why.

Off to his left he heard a crash of sound, over and over again. Most people would probably avoid the source of such a sound, but Captain Hook was not most people. He stepped over rubble, not trying to disguise his presence – there was hardly a point to it, the chances of him encountering something worse than him that might actually harm him was unlikely. If he did come across something liable to harm him disguising his steps and surprising them wasn't likely to help much either.

He came around a building only to witness the sight of a woman crumbling to the ground, shoulders wracking with silent sobs. Being thought of as a villain had always been a touchy subject for James. He certainly enjoyed the status, but the truth of the matter was not only had he been a gentleman before being a pirate, he'd been a navy officer in high standing which brought with it all sorts of manners that were hard to eliminate completely. In New York he was allowed the gentleman persona, no one was expecting a pirate captain who had killed countless mermaids and had them skinned to hang their scales over the side of his ship as a warning.

So met with the crying woman was an interesting conundrum on this side. He had been James Avery Hook for far too long to do anything he might have when he had been forced to be simply Captain Hook. At the same time, this was a dangerous place, a crying woman could be as deadly as a lion in wait.

The woman turned quickly when he stepped closer, brick crumbling to dust under his boots. Her voice was thick with rage and tears, loud enough to wake anyone else who happened to be nearby though he doubted there was a soul within miles.

“My name is Jas,” he came around to stand in front of her slowly, answering her as he did. When he was face to face with her he sucked in a breath. No eyes. Tears and no eyes. Just flat skin stretched smoothly over where the feature should have been.

He wasn't sure what to do, he felt an odd feeling twist in his chest, a remnant of Vice Admiral Steele he was sure, the man he had been before Captain Hook. His hook hung heavy where he felt phantom fingers ready to reach out, but he stood motionless.

“Were you looking for something?” he asked tentatively. “Perhaps I can help you find it?”

tagged: myka | notes: he wanted to post to this so badly, couldn't have been an awful post.
cassie at atf.

--------------------
I won't kiss you again Wendy,
It kills my heart to know You don't think this love could grow Cause anywhere you'd go You know I would follow Cause I'm sleepless about you
It kills my heart to know You don't think this love could grow Cause anywhere you'd go You know I would follow Cause I'm sleepless about you
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: Jan 2 2015, 02:34 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
You know, you could stay forever, if you want to. There's one tiny thing we have to do first...
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS

She felt the vibrations in the ground as the man drew closer, her fingers quivering as she drew all the information she could from her surroundings. Whoever this Jas person was, he didn't seem to be coming at her in a threatening way. She didn't feel the weights of men behind him, all clutching pitchforks and barreling down for the kill. He was alone...which was suspicious on it's own. What kind of people really lingered in places like this, particularly on their own...besides other "villains"? The chivalrous ones, the "heroes" didn't linger in places of destruction like this, at least not on their own. They moved in packs of others of their own kind, looking for survivors and doing their best to save their worlds. This man, whomever he was, wasn't in that group...he couldn't have been.

She scoffed, knocking her head back, her dark hair falling over her face, covering the vestiges of her eyes.
"If I were looking for something, I wouldn't trust that info to anyone I found around here." As she would reiterate a thousand times in her own head; no one was to be trusted in these parts on their own. Everyone had their motives, and none of them ever seemed to be just. People cut from her cloth, or at least the cloth she was accused of coming from, were the ones who did things solely for their benefit. Blair highly doubted that this Jas person would genuinely care that Blair was looking for buttons...and even if he were to bother looking, she was sure it would cost her something in return. A favor...treasures...a spell...there was always something...though...what did she really have to lose at this point? What could he really ask of her that was worse than her predicament now? Surely anything was worth her vision restored?

"My eyes...I need my eyes..."

Her spindle like hands flew up her face again, brushing over the skin where the buttons should have been sewn. She remembered the feel of them beneath her touch. How smooth they were...how her vision had never been better since the day she had threaded her needle and put them in. She would never find her buttons again...that damn cat had stolen them...lost them forever...but new ones could be found.

"Buttons...I need two..." she said, speaking slowly and enunciating properly. She didn't want to repeat herself a million times.
She realized that she didn't know this gentleman, nor did he know who she was, but that was unnecessary knowledge, at least for the time being. He didn't need to know he was helping what most people in their world referred to as "The Beldam", and whomever he was was no longer important to her. Whatever he asked for at the end of these trials, if he chose to help her at all, would be dealt with when she could see just who she was dealing with.

"Can you assist me If not, I'd suggest you continue on that way" she said, pointing to her left, "There's nothing of value to me down that path..."

NOTES hopefully this works for hook
MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Jan 5 2015, 11:29 AM
143 POSTS
6'2"
No man does evil because it is evil; he simply mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
It was clear to James just in watching the woman that she was used to being on her own. Not only that, but he realized with a start that she was probably accustomed to having to be the strongest person in the room. She may have been lacking her eyes, but she was by no means weak.

He watched her struggle with herself, a proud woman forced by circumstances that may have been beyond her control and transformed her into someone who needed assistance. He strongly doubted she had ever needed help a day in her life or that she had ever stooped to ask for it if she had. She refused to give him any information in one breath, and in the next was pulling back and touching her face as she whispered about her eyes. He blinked when she finally told him she needed buttons.

He had of course heard stranger things than someone using buttons for eyes. He had been in Neverland for a handful of centuries and of all of the other animated worlds he had heard tell of it was certainly one of the stranger ones. The idea of her using buttons for eyes brought the idea of a doll unbidden to his mind, though he had the sense not to voice the thought. He doubted the delicate woman would appreciate the comparison.

He surveyed the area around them. How she had made it here on her own he could hardly fathom; it was a further testament to her perseverance. He stepped closer to her, dropping to one knee just in front of her.

“I need to see your face,” he murmured in explanation. He looked at the unblemished stretch of skin where her eyes should have been, then looked at the buttons that decorated his coat. He measured one between his thumb and forefinger before bringing his hand up, well away from the woman, but enough so he could make a rudimentary measurement.

“I don't think we'll be able to find buttons in the rubble, but I might have a solution,” he said, nodding as he figured his rough measurement satisfactory.

“I'm going to take your hand, just to show you something,” he explained. As he spoke he gently took her hand in his and guided it to the cuff of his coat where the majority of the buttons served no purpose other than decoration.

“Careful I've... I've a hook rather than a hand on this arm,” he tried to keep the bitterness out of his voice, the best he could muster was a tired statement of fact. “Would some of these buttons work for you? They're gold if that makes a difference,” he said, attempting to fill the silence.

He took a moment to look at the buttons at the cuff of his coat. The jacket was so much a part of him that he rarely spent a moment simply to regard it. The red velvet was still bright and well-kept even after years at sea and the gold buttons were highly polished. Even around the raised embellishment on the pieces there wasn't a hint of tarnish. James had forgotten he was actually quite proud of his captain's coat. Too much time spent on the other side.

“If they will work, you're welcome to have them,” he added, referring to the buttons. The chances of her finding anything here was slim to none. If she searched in what remained of dwellings perhaps, but few had walls left and those that did hardly had furniture in which clothing might be stored or buttons might be hidden. Finding buttons on this side of the portal was a herculean task, but she was clearly determined.

As much as he was likely to regret parting with his buttons for this purpose – he realized he didn't even know the woman's name let alone anything about her, he couldn't help but admire her steadfast resolve in solving her problem. That she was intent on doing so without any help was all the more becoming. He smiled at her wistfully though he knew she could not see it.

tagged: myka | notes: I'm revoking Hook's villain card.
cassie at atf.

--------------------
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: Jan 14 2015, 03:41 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS

She hated that she needed help. Despised, loathed, detested; there weren't words strong enough to describe how truly awful she felt in needing someone's assistance, especially a mans. Nothing good had ever come from trusting men, not for her. There had been scars on her body that had served as a reminder to that...scars that her magic had long since washed away. The physical reminder gone, but the emotional lingered. However, despite her obvious distaste for it, she was determined to not let this man pull the metaphorical wool over her eyes. She needed his help, but she would not let him control her; she would not allow herself to be the marionette men in the past had been accustomed; pulling her strings when they desired.

At present, however, this man didn't seem to be taking advantage of her like the men in her past. Her father would have become violent by now, probably heating up one of the rigid bits of metal from the destruction with his cigar flint and burning her for whatever reason his drunken heart wished. Her husband? She didn't even want to think about it; she had been nothing but a trophy to him, and one he had no problem knocking about if she "embarrassed" him. Every man in her life had been caustic to her health and being when behind closed doors. In public? Cordial...which brought out her skepticism...but she bit back retorts for the moment...she did need his help after all.

With as much pride as she could muster, she threw back her head, pulling back loose strands that made to shield her. Her lips pursed as she stared straight ahead, in the direction she was certain his voice had come from.
"A solution? What? To have bits of brick and mortar replace what I've lost?" she said, trying to keep the venom in her voice to a minimum.
At his next words, she bit her lip. She'd heard such phrases before, and they had never ended in innocent grounds, but she had to take the risk. Timidly, she reached out a hand, though faltered when he mentioned his hook. She shook her head absently, hearing the emotion she felt for her predicament resonating in his voice.

"Believe me, there are worse things in this world than that..." she said, her voice still darker than usual, but somewhat understanding.
The thin fingers reached their target, coming gently down upon the hook, feeling the cold metal beneath her tips.
"There you are" she said softly, sliding her hand slowly up the rigid fixture, until metal turned to cloth. Her thin skin traveled up, feeling at the material, til her fingers met small bits of cold metal again...and her world seemed to stop. Buttons...he was offering her his buttons.

"Oh..." was all she could muster as her other hand flew to meet it's twin, running over and over the buttons that decorated his coat.
"I...well...." her thoughts were all melding together, making it hard to separate one from the other. The fact that her labors might have come to an end clashed with wondering if these buttons could even work. They were embossed and embellished, and nothing like the simple ebony ones that god damned cat had taken from her...but would they do?

MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Jan 21 2015, 11:59 AM
143 POSTS
6'2"
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
James could tell that the woman was intensely suspicious of him, could read it in every small movement she made. She had every right to be. For one she couldn't see him, and for two he was a complete stranger who had approached her in a no man's wasteland.

Oh, but she was proud this one. It brought a grin to his mouth as she tossed her head back to boldly show him her face. Perhaps she was expecting him to run, or be shocked. He was somewhat surprised, but mostly just curious. Her face was not horrifying, merely unfinished and even without eyes was not unpleasant.

A harsh bark of laughter escaped him when she not so kindly assumed he intended to disfigure her with something so ill-suited as brick and mortar. Suspicious, proud, and vicious – all qualities he could appreciate in a place like this.

As soon as he mentioned his hook however he heard empathy in her voice when she acknowledged his own absent feature. There truly were worse things, James had seen them. He himself had mostly made peace with his misfortune. The hook had afforded him an identity, given him a purpose when Neverland had all but drained him after so many centuries trapped in the backwards world.

Her fingers reached for him carefully even as he held her wrist, not trusting where he was guiding her hand. They briefly rested on the hook, feeling along the cold curve of steel up towards his arm. He felt the slightest shift of the harness wrapped around his arm and chest, but not the sensation of skin on skin. It was jarring, familiar in a way that he wished he could forget. He had become too accustomed to having his hand restored, allowing himself to forget that this was who he really was, who he had been long before the portal had been a whispered secret.

It was a small effort not to jump in surprise as her fingers found the buttons and she sprung into motion. Her hands feeling the buttons carefully to try and determine their state, he could almost swear there was a slight tremor to the exploration though a sort of disbelief. He had simpler buttons on the inside of his coat, but they were small, functional rather than decorative. They may have been appropriate to get the job done, but they wouldn't have fit her face.

He removed a small knife from the sheath in his boot and rested it on his knee. Gently, he moved the woman's hands away from the cuff of his jacket. He picked up the knife once more and deftly sliced the threads holding the buttons to his coat. He had to work the rounds of gold from the thread, but once he accomplished that he resheathed the knife. He took one of her hands in his whole hand and put the buttons in her palm, closing her fingers around them.

“Two buttons for the lady in the ruins,” he said, smiling softly.

He sat for a moment, one knee on the ground as he waited for a response. He had no needle or thread to offer her, but he was reasonably certain they could scrounge something up. If she even needed it. He didn't know the first thing about her, but if she had made it all the way here from the portal she was either determined, crazy, or a power of no small order.

“Do you have a name?” he asked.

tagged: myka | notes: /cries because dammit hook wtf
cassie at atf.

--------------------
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 10:36 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS

Her fingers continued to brush against the smooth metal; trying to decipher everything she could with touch. She had only ever known those buttons that she had lost, and could not tell if the ones this man offered would suffice. Would they work the same? Would she be able to regain the sight she so sorely missed? Or would they just protrude from her skull like bulbous gold orbs of no real use but that of a decorative nature? She was conflicted, bitter, and almost unwilling to try. What good was this? This was all folly! A large part of her wanted to burrow deep within the rubble and just lay beneath the debris until the darkness engulfed her, but her pride would not allow it. A sneer crept onto her face, half at herself and half for this man. How could this work? How?

She sighed as he moved her hand, biting lightly upon her lip as she heard the gentle snap of threads being broken, all for her.
"Hmm, how chivalrous of you" Blair said, almost mockingly as she felt him press the gold into her hands. She frowned slightly as she rolled them between her fingers, listening to the buttons clack against one another.
She heard his inquiry, but said nothing; just sat there in the debris, debating on what she wished to do. She could throw them into the wind, let them disappear among the rock and rubble; like an arrogant child who could see no other way but her own...but how beneficial would that be?

"My name..." she said softly, in a voice softer than satin, "Isn't something a lot of people ask for..."
Which was true. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time a single soul had asked to know her name. It wasn't important to most, or so many feared her that they did not wish to bestow something so human upon her. Why give the monster a touch of humanity? She wasn't a person, she was The Beldam; a horrid, disgusting witch with no soul save for the ones she stole. How could a beast like that have a name?

Fast fingers stole down to the hem of her skirt, prying apart tightly sewn seams, until she had uncovered what she sought; stowed away needle and thread. She had threaded a needle so many times before that he lack of eye sight did not hinder her. In moment, s she had done what was necessary, and let one button slip down the smooth steel and slide over the thin thread.
"I had a name once, just like everyone else" Blair said as she brought the sharp end to her face, positioning it to where she thought the button would best rest.
"Most don't call me by it anymore...it's not something they find that fits a beastly witch like me...but if you wish, you can call me by it"
Without pausing to think of pain, she stuck the point in, swiftly stabbing and pulling the end back out, so that the gold button hung, and then was pulled tight into the newly created socket. Again and again she stabbed, ignoring the slight pain that would sting with every movement, but noting that with each tug her vision became more and more clear.

MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 05:06 PM
143 POSTS
6'2"
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
James got the feeling he wasn't supposed to like the company of this woman. Something about the way she carried her self led him to believe she was used to being disliked, or at the very least not trusted. From his own experience he had found no reason for either, but people rarely let experiences stamp them quite so boldly if there wasn't a reason. For the moment he pushed it aside in the face of her apprehension, watching as she simply handled the buttons over and over again. It could have been that she started just to get a good feel for them, but the movements reminded him of a bit of a nervous tick. He was pretty sure that if he mentioned it to her she'd probably slap him, no one really liked having short comings pointed out, especially not by strangers even if they were only natural.

When she spoke her voice was so low that he had to lean in to hear her. He thought it was a shame that people didn't ask for her name. It fed the possibility that he was dealing with someone who in her own world was reviled, but he had personal experience with that. The reputation was always earned, and the person lost in the process. Either way, he was sure the name that had been given to her by others had little to do with who she was, much as how he had become Captain Hook simply because of the hook he'd had to adopt after the loss of his hand. He'd fed the identity, but he had been someone before that.

A look of surprise flickered across his features as she pulled apart the seams of her skirt, quick fingers working at the thread and tugging the cloth open to grab a needle and thread. It was certainly a first for him, but then different world required different survival skills, perhaps hiding items in the seams of clothing was only natural where she came from.

Considering that she couldn't see what she was doing, he was surprised at how deftly her hands moved. That she could thread the needle without seeing it was impressive enough on its own, when she started sewing the button to her face he couldn't help but watch with a sense of morbid fascination. It couldn't have been painless, but she was determined and if the sensation affected her she wasn't letting him see it.

She spoke while she worked, the button slowly stitched flush to her face. Though she had given him permission to call her by her name he had yet to learn it. Whether she was just guarded by habit, or playing coy he wasn't sure, though he was banking on the former given their current situation.

“A name that doesn't fit a beastly witch? It's probably a name befitting a woman of your candor then,” he said with a smile.

Before she could start on the second button he rested his hook gently on her forearm, just to pause her motions as she readied the second eye. He was careful to keep the point well away from where it might harm her, and reached up with his whole hand to gently cradle the side of her face and get a better look at her handiwork.

“The gold is striking,” he murmured. With a satisfied nod he let his hand drop away before he offended her or further overstepped some kind of boundary and angered her. He smiled apologetically and brought his other arm to rest in his lap as well.

It was strange seeing his buttons somewhere other than his coat, but even with just a single eye and regardless of who she was in her world, she was still attractive. Oddly, he thought she was perhaps all the more so because they were his buttons. It was blatantly possessive and a bit unfair, but the villain in him did like leaving his mark.

tagged: myka | notes: he's having feels and he hasn't earned them yet
cassie at atf.

--------------------
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: May 3 2015, 06:37 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS

She had to admit that his flattery was encouraging. It had been ages since she had met anyone who went out of their way to really please her. The children? Well, they had almost always let her sew the buttons in, but that wasn't quite the same thing; they weren't trying to please her, they just wanted the anchor that she so gladly cast for them. They were greedy, wanting the splendors that her magic provided...but this man? This Jas? His flattery was uncommon to her.

"I don't know if Blair suits my candor, but it certainly has always suited me just fine. I like it better than 'The Beldam', of course. As if anyone would want to be called a hag..." her last words were seething with bitterness; Beldam wasn't a title she cared for. In fact, the only thing she truly wanted to be called was "mother", but she needed a child for that. Her Coraline was being quite unreasonable, and quite ungrateful as well. Hadn't she given her everything she had asked for? Everything her heart had desired had been dreamt into reality, and how had she been repaid? By having a mangy cat thrown in her face, her arm snapped off, and locked away, alone, in her lost little world. Her little button would pay for that someday...

She was taken aback by his touch; cold metal on her arm and warm fingers across her cheek, thumb resting upon the curve of her bone.
He truly didn't fear her...this was new.
As the seconds passed by, the button began to adjust to her, and slowly, vision came into it. She blinked once before her eyesight focused, and she found the animated face of her gentleman, catching sight of him just in time to see his little smile.
"So...this is you..." she said slowly, taking sight of every feature. The debris around them she took no note of as she admired him, dark hair, distinct eyes, that cold hook peeking out from under his captain's coat...a pirate's coat.

"These are quite intricate" Blair commented as she looked at the second button in her hands, now aware of just what she was sewing in. "I'm surprised anyone would be so willing to part with such things, I mean the craftsmanship alone..."
She threaded the needle once more and began to stitch, waiting for him to speak again...he had to have a reason to gift her with these...you really never did get something for nothing...

MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: May 12 2015, 11:22 AM
143 POSTS
6'2"
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
Beldam wasn't a term he was overly familiar with. He'd heard it before, but it had been a very long time ago, back before Neverland when he'd still been in school. Originally in French it held an entirely different connotation than the one she was describing, which was more akin to the one he vaguely remembered as having something to do with witchcraft. Regardless, it was easy to see her bitterness over the moniker, it hadn't been one that she had chosen for herself.

“I certainly don't see a hag,” he said with a soft laugh “Blair suits you far better I think,”

James regarded her quizzically, she was clearly lost in thought over something, perhaps the origins of her name, whatever it was she didn't seem pleased with it. He wasn't even sure she had heard him just now, but he let her have a moment before she seemed startled by his touch. She blinked, the button temporarily disappearing and reappearing. It was difficult to tell exactly where she was looking, but as she spoke he gathered she was taking account of him.

He rarely gave a thought to how he looked on this side of the portal. He was Captain Jas Hook, he knew it, everyone from his world knew it, and it was an identity that he'd made peace with a long time ago. He was minus the hat that had never made it to the portal in the first place, but his red coat with gold buttons had been repaired and his boots shined, the leather harness for his hook had even come through the portal with him the first time. Of course the harness was hidden by his coat for the moment, but he could feel the straps pressing into his muscles as he sat under her scrutiny. After a stretch of silent minutes it seemed that he had passed her inspection.

Looking down at the other button in her hands he could only nod as she commented on the intricacy of the embossed design. He smirked and looked away for a second, eyes laughing as he turned back to her.

“If they were the original buttons I'd be a little more careful with them, but I'm afraid to admit those were quite stolen. They're amazing craftsmanship, but hardly mine,” he cast his eyes downward, attempting to act remorseful, but it was thin, more meant to humor than anything else.

“The British Royal Navy makes some fine uniforms, but the buttons just don't hold up to actual combat,” he said with a smile. “Pirating affords far nicer things,”

Not only did pirating afford nicer things, but pirates made more than soldiers. He'd had treasure to be sure, even though he'd used most of it to barter and steal his way to the portal. For the time being though he distinctly lacked a crew on either side of the portal. He kept accumulating wealth and small treasures and bestowing it somewhat randomly just because he didn't have anyone to enjoy it with. It was charitable, utterly unlike Captain Hook, and something of an empty fulfillment

She began to stitch the second button and the smile fell from his face, not in distaste, but rather surprise. Blair had been striking to begin with, but with eyes returned and in gold no less, he found himself suddenly at a loss for words.

“I-- That...” he sputtered and rubbed his hand over his face in embarrassment. “You're beautiful,” he finally got out somewhat lamely. It was absolutely sincere, but something about her with both eyes made her almost a little intimidating. James took a moment to collect himself before bracing his hand on his knee and pushing himself to his feet.

“My lady,” Standing, he held out that same hand to her, mostly over the initial shock he felt a shade more like himself. A smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth as he waited for her to take his hand.

tagged: myka | notes: you still love me a little, right?
cassie at atf.

--------------------
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
blair mari grimshaw
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 08:18 PM
45 POSTS
5'9
singulare
pansexual
the beldam

I'VE SURVIVED
A LOT OF THINGS

She gave the man, this Jas, a strange look as he continued to compliment her. "If you say so" she said simply, not willing to give her own name much more thought than that. "And do you think your own name suits you? Is 'Jas' the name you think that explains you in a way that nothing else does?" Wasn't that supposed to be what a name was for? It was a factor that showed who you were to the world; it was your unique little identifier.

Blair listened to him as he gave his life's story, to which she took with a grain of salt. A pirate. Well, that made just as much sense as she was expecting. That feeling of unease and uncertainty was justified just by that simple label; pirate. A thief, a man with absolutely no real code of conduct or honor. pirates weren't anything but sea rats, and clearly not the type to trust...so he had to have an ulterior motive for helping her. Why else would he be so willing to share such worth? They may have been buttons, but they appeared to be solid gold.

"So, you gave up a life of honor for a life of crime? You're the type to make fine choices, aren't you?" she asked somewhat scathingly. As a woman coming from her background, she couldn't help but think the descent to piracy was fairly stupid. Trading in the Admiralty for peglegs and the idea of treasure? The honor was worth more, at least Blair thought as much. At least with a life in the service you could have a family; what good mother would condone joining a gang of pirate scallywags?

Once the last stitch was sewn into place, she secured it tightly and tore off the remainder of thread. With a delicate hand motion, she tested the strength, ensuring that both eyes were secure. She now had her full range of vision back...it was fairly surreal, she would admit, though not as surreal as the expression of Jas, who was staring at her as though he had never seen anything quite like her before.

"you speak as though i don't know that fact" Blair said simply, getting to her feet and brushing herself off. Now that she could see the rubble, she seriously doubted she would ever have found buttons in this mess.
Fluidly, she replaced the thread and needle into a pocket of her skirt as she revolved on the spot, surveying her surroundings.
"This land is so depressing now. I can't even begin to think who would waste so much time ruining our world." Rule it? That was one thing, but why destroy it?

MADE WITH BY IVY

PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Jul 13 2015, 11:12 AM
143 POSTS
6'2"
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

Envy not Hook.
“Hardly, but it suits well enough for its purpose,” Jas really wasn't a name that explained him in a way that nothing else did as Blair had so eloquently put it. However, for a long time it had been the only remnant of who he had been before Hook and as the walls of Neverland closed in and cut off his avenues it was something he had tried to hold on to. Neverland had no place for adults and certainly not for Vice Admiral James Avery Steele once he and his crew had found themselves there. It was either adapt or die, and adaptation had been costly, all he'd really been able to keep were his initials and that was hardly satisfactory.

“I wish it had been so easy as giving up a life of honor for one of crime,” he said tersely, lips in a hard line as he looked anywhere but her. He wasn't about to explain further or attempt to justify himself to a stranger, even one so becoming as the woman before him. He had done what he'd had to so his men didn't die at sea. Finding himself and his crew in Neverland had something he had never even considered as a possibility when he'd wished on the only star he could see during the storm that threatened to capsize the large ship with monstrous waves. Neverland had no place for soldiers and no need, piracy had fallen into his lap as a means of survival. It was also something that he had happened to be very good at.

James frowned slightly, but didn't say anything about her reaction to his awkward stumbling concerning her beauty. He wasn't trying to win her favour by any means so really it shouldn't matter what he thought. He himself had become accustomed to women reacting a certain way to his appearance on the other side of the portal, but here he was simply Captain Hook. The wealth, means, and generosity that being a pirate captain afforded didn't seem to garner much appreciation with Blair as it tended to with most others.

Luckily she shifted her focus away from him and to the city around them. He looked on with her, taking in the crumbling ruins and the eerie silence. He wasn't sure what this place had looked like before the darkness, but it was already surreal without having its bustling counterpart to compare it to. He decided he didn't like it.

He had to agree with her though, it didn't make sense and actually seemed something of a waste to just destroy everything. Not all that the animated world had to offer was good, but it certainly wasn't worth being destroyed. His limited experience had taught him that the darkness probably didn't care about such things, whatever it was couldn't have been much more than a hungry, mindless, vacuum. The more he thought about it the less it made sense. Frankly he was just glad that the portal had opened up when it did and given an escape route. He would leave fighting the darkness to those who were more attached to their world than he was.

“As much as I came to dislike Neverland, I'm honestly a little surprised to find myself missing it now that it's gone,” he admitted, stuffing his hand in his pocket. He wasn't sure what he would do if it suddenly opened back up to him, he couldn't even really imagine visiting it, but for it to be suddenly gone and likely never to be seen again was just too strange. He had heard rumors of people accidentally stumbling back upon their worlds after the darkness fell, but he wasn't about to go looking. He spent just enough time in the animated world to keep his memory intact and then he was gone. He had another life to attend to now, one that he preferred to the survival game of pirating.

“Would you care to head back to the portal with me? I think I've about paid my dues for the month,” he asked, turning to her. It wasn't a far walk to the portal, but company wasn't amiss. He was somewhat curious as to who this Beldam was in New York City. “Unless of course you have other matters to attend to,” he acquiesced.

tagged: myka | notes: I'm sorry this took so long =(
cassie at atf.

--------------------
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.