Add Reply
New Poll

CROSS, bastian binx, 45, the cat, michael sheen
bastian binx cross
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 01:32 PM
218 POSTS
5'9"
videnda (n.) "what is to be observed": the things that should be seen or visited, especially if because they mark the character of a person or place
heartbroken
maren-sexual
the cat

Bastian Binx Cross
"I'm not the other anything. I'm me."
forty-five - the cat - michael sheen - hero

personality

TRAITS:

Much like while he was a cat, Bastian tends to remain ever-sarcastic. Even as a cat he was highly intelligent and tends to do a great amount of people watching and really enjoys trying to figure out their psychology. What makes them the way they are, he finds it fascinating. While he is highly talkative and likes to share little pieces of wisdom with those he is close to, with strangers he can seem a bit mysterious. If only because before he speaks he is trying to figure a person out. Trying to get a feel for their nature. Because, in the world he crossed over from, there was a great deal of second natures and hidden agendas. Bastian likes to make sure he isn't stepping into a trap or anything, so sizing a person up is not a habit - its a necessity.

Oddly enough in his human skin, Bastian is very partial to water. Rain storms he quite likes to stand in, and oddly enough completely different from his cat like self he prefers to be barefoot. While he remembers Coraline calling him a "wuss-puss" for not liking it, he smiles now because it is quite different on human feet. Another great like is the little collections of things he has in his shop. Over the years he has collected a great deal of things, and each thing he hand picks because of its character and personality. His shop is known for its peculiar taste that is outside the box as well and it makes him smile.

DISLIKES:

Oh the rats of New York are such a buzzkill for Bastian on his good days. He dislikes taking the subway because seeing them scurry around under the tracks incites his attack mode that lingers when he sees them. But a man jumping down in the tracks to kill them isn't really acceptable. So he prefers to walk if he can. Taxi's if needed. Another great dislike is how utterly lazy and fat the house-cats of this world are. He finds no kinship with them at all. It's those who are sly and feral like he himself relates to that he enjoys. Which is why he tends to put food outside for the feral cats sometimes when he sees a dead rat left for him as a present. These cats tend to see beneath a person the way he can - they know he is kindred.

STRENGTHS:

Bastian is superb at chess. In his downtime at the shop, when they aren't flooded with people who have heard about the weird treasures within the doors with chipped paint, Bastian likes to play a game or two. Any kind of test of skills he is completely up for, unlike the Other-Mother, Bastian is a fan of playing fair. Another strength is that Bastian's memories have stuck with him much like his personality stuck with him when he crossed into the parallel world that Coraline had to escape from. While other people who cross the portal have to slip back through the portal, he seemed to have kept his resilient nature. His memories are fully in place and he doesn't intend to cross the portal unless completely necessary. Like having to follow Coraline to help her out, if it was a reason like he he may just have to help a friend.

WEAKNESSES:

Bastian is a tough cookie for allowing complete trust. Though he may see your true nature is a good one, and though he may enjoy your company, he is still a feral creature in a lot of ways and he finds himself becoming partial to one person while another person may slip away from his mind and spending time with them. It's not that he is being mean, he is just a little selfish when it comes to those he prefers. Much like he was once keen on spending time with Wybie and after a time he preferred Coraline - he is kind of a flittery thing. However once you earn his trust and he is sold on you he will pretty much do whatever you ask, no matter how much he grumbles sarcastically.

history

When he was a cat and spent his time at the Pink Palace Apartments, Bastian could see all that was going around but kept his distance. He remained ever watchful so that he knew what was going on, but he wasn't partial for trying to interfere. It was only when the quirky and different Coraline came onto the scene that he found someone worthy of his time. He helped her and guided her through the perils of the second world she had fallen victim too. In the end they won.

However, when the darkness took over both worlds he knew there was another world to be had. Cats, being the presumed guardians of the underworld, are indeed aware of other worlds. While he may have known in the back of his mind that this animated existence of his was just another dimension all together, he didn't quite know what this place called 'reality' was like. Though upon the darkness, a harsher darkness than even the Other-Mother had created, he knew it was time to visit this 'reality' for his safety.

The travel to the portal wasn't particularly perilous - he did have to fight a few extraordinarily tough rodents that he didn't like one bit. But for the most part he saw this darkness overwhelming the place he knew and got out in ample time. That and his ability to seemingly disappear to an onlooker helped protect him against predators. He was one of the lucky ones that got out.

Once he got out he avoided the housing complex, there were too many people and he, like his time as a cat, was used to being a drifting thing without a real home. His new human body took a little getting used to, it was odd walking on two legs instead of being small and agile enough to slink around wherever he pleased. He did, however, still have his fast cat-like reflexes and he is sorry to say in his first few days as a human had to resort to theft in order to obtain things he needed. Though once he got enough money he made sure that he replaced every single thing ten fold, that was the beauty of owning your own little shop.

Which was a story in and of itself. He was trying to get away from the bitter cold one winter and stumbled into a dusty little record shop. The one that he would later turn into his own. Only when he first walked in it was caked with grime and run by a sweet old man who could barely see at all. He was given the shop by his grandfather apparently and his son had since died in the war - so he was left trying to run it by himself. Being as old as he was, he was tired and weary and knew the last few days of his life were closing in. Bastian could sense it with his strange curious ways from time spent as a cat, knowing the other worlds and all. He sensed with this man that another time in another world was near.

He made a friend in this old man, and in return the old man invited Bastian to stay in his loft apartment above the store. It was as un-kept as the store downstairs, and Bastian knew that the old man was hurting for money since the economy and lack of anyone to care for him. He decided to help him. He spent his time helping the man, caring for him, and trying to get the store more attention from customers. Before the man passed he actually did see the store blossom. And to this day Bastian keeps a whole section of records within his shop. The store was left to Bastian, whom the old man was entirely grateful for, and the day that he was given the key to the store remains in Bastian's brain as one of the most vivid memories he has.

Now you can hear all kinds of dusty old tunes coming from inside the store, one of the many records is always playing on the little Victrola. And Bastian has spent the seven years out of the portal as time to revamp the store into a nifty little place that locals know about and the tourists hear about by word of mouth. It's also nice because Arcell, previously Coraline in the old world, has a little store right down the same street and is a usual guest of Bastian's. And he still likes to give her a hard time every now and again.

However, he always lets her win chess. Just because.

character connections

NAME:

Bastian - Comes from the Egyptian cat goddess 'Bast' because huzzah he is a feline! And Egyptian gods are just the beez kneez so yeah.
Binx - Yeah this is totally from Hocus Pocus and the other wise black cat who can talk. I think that if Bastian knew that story and everything he would definitely appreciate my choosing it. Or laugh at me. Not sure.
Cross - This comes from the ability that he had within Coraline's world to cross over from one place to the next without losing himself. And thusly with this world how he is able to cross the portal without memory loss. They just seemed equal and plausible to me.

PLAYBY:

Michael Sheen just has the most amazing acting skills and his time spent as the calm and collected English characters that he plays made him the winner in my book. He just seems wiser beyond his years, and he enjoys playing roles that have a hint of creepiness to them anyway. So yes, we love Sheen.

JOB:

Bastian made his way to owning an up-scale antique store that sold more than just the usual knick-knacks. He is a true collector of things that have history and personality, he appreciates the odd things in life as well. So his shop is one of those places you go if you truly want to experience a place instead of just shuffle around and pick out moth-eaten junk.

about MIRA !
I love rpgs, and I love animated movies to an embarrassing extent: so this just seemed like a second home really! I have caught the character bug and this time the victim is the swanky cat from Coraline! Sheen! Yay! And lastly you can contact me most of the time online via my aim account: xxobageloxx [I love talking and getting me to stop is the real trick! so no being scared to say hello at me, its not allowed]
spiffy details !
movie: Coraline

birthday: November 2nd [All Soul's Day + Dia De Los Muertos]

sexuality: Heterosexual

nickname(s): Cat?

powers/abilities: Crossing over without memory-loss

--------------------
Look around - There's no one but you and me - Right here and now - The way it was meant to be - There's a smile on my face - Knowing that together everything that's in our way - We're better than alright / Take me now - The world's such a crazy place - When the walls come down - You'll know I'm here to stay - There's nothing I would change - Knowing that together everything that's in our way - We're better than alright - Walking between the raindrops - Riding the aftershock beside you - Off into the sunset - Living like there's nothing left to lose - Chasing after gold mines - Crossing fine lines we knew
walking between the raindrops
Between the raindrops with you
Hold on and take a breath - I'll be here every step - Walking between the raindrops with you
PM
^
bastian binx cross
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 10:04 PM
218 POSTS
5'9"
videnda (n.) "what is to be observed": the things that should be seen or visited, especially if because they mark the character of a person or place
heartbroken
maren-sexual
the cat

DONE! ^o^ purrrrrr

--------------------
Look around - There's no one but you and me - Right here and now - The way it was meant to be - There's a smile on my face - Knowing that together everything that's in our way - We're better than alright / Take me now - The world's such a crazy place - When the walls come down - You'll know I'm here to stay - There's nothing I would change - Knowing that together everything that's in our way - We're better than alright - Walking between the raindrops - Riding the aftershock beside you - Off into the sunset - Living like there's nothing left to lose - Chasing after gold mines - Crossing fine lines we knew
walking between the raindrops
Between the raindrops with you
Hold on and take a breath - I'll be here every step - Walking between the raindrops with you
PM
^
❥THE AVATAR
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 11:55 PM
1259 POSTS
5'8"
N/A
TWITTERPATED
DONUTS
AANG

accepted

welcome to derp! you are super snazzy and we're absolutely thrilled that you've decided to join our family. now, it's time for you to lay claim to your name and face and all that good stuff. don't forget! it's super, super important.

- face claim . canon list . who's who -

--------------------
{ DO NOT PM }

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.