Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

ANNOUNCEMENTS
☣MASKED MAN
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 09:38 PM
6 POSTS
Creeping
I know where you are this summer
Watching
Waiting
the pawn of darkness

AUGUST 11TH

• We've posted a new event directory so you can post links to your threads and read along with others! See the first post linked above for more details.

• Strange things are still going on, so don't think the evil forces of darkness are at rest just yet! Keep an eye out for new developments coming soon.

PMEmail
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 09:52 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

AUGUST 11TH

• Hey DERP! OTMs have been announced! Please take a moment to congratulate our winners when you see them again! Find even more information about our winners here and here!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
ϟspoopy ghost
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:34 PM
125 POSTS
ghost
Spooky scary skeletons!
dead
wut
ghostsexual
MODERPERATOR

ATTENTION: http://my.cbox.ws/diamondintheroughrpg HERE IS THE CBOX LINK. WE ARE SITTING IN THERE AND TALKING STILL. Pond's AIM is lindylemonn, feel free to add her with any questions. 10/5/15
PMAIM
^
♔ALLISON ARGENT
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 06:22 PM
1021 POSTS
5'0"
Hi there! My name's Forest, and I'm one of your fabulous admins! I like mint-flavored things and walks in the woods and crushing people's hearts into little tiny pieces with feels. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything!
HAHAHA
HETEROSEXUAL
THE HUNTRESS

SEPTEMBER 1ST

• My how time flies! It's the first of the month again, and that means it's activity check time! The AC can be found HERE, and it ends on September 4th!

• If for any reason you cannot make the activity check, please PM ME and we can discuss your options!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 12:08 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

SEPTEMBER 4TH

• Just a little update on the development forums. If you have a specific topic that you want pinned for whatever reason ( AC codes, template codes, ect ) to keep it from getting buried beneath other topics/lost. There's now an option to request that here.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
♔LITTLE DOVE
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 10:31 PM
205 POSTS
5'3"
Hi y'all~ I'm Amanda and I'm happy to help at all times, just drop me a line! I am an enabler in training and my interests include ridiculous plot spams, graphic edits, and general derping around.
herp
derp
Sansa Stark

SEPTEMBER 6TH

• Hey everyone, September OTMs are up, and we're trying a couple new things out! First, we are allowing up to one staff member per month be nominated for member of the month. And second, we are allowing members to nominate in the Relationship category in addition to threads. It's all laid out in the thread here if you want to know more.

These are both on a trial basis, so if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! Send me a PM and we will discuss.

PMEmail
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Sep 11 2015, 10:41 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

SEPTEMBER 12TH

• Hey DERP! OTMs have been announced! Please take a moment to congratulate our winners when you see them again!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
♔ALLISON ARGENT
 Posted: Oct 1 2015, 04:04 PM
1021 POSTS
5'0"
Hi there! My name's Forest, and I'm one of your fabulous admins! I like mint-flavored things and walks in the woods and crushing people's hearts into little tiny pieces with feels. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything!
HAHAHA
HETEROSEXUAL
THE HUNTRESS

OCTOBER 1ST

• HAPPY FIRST DAY OF HALLOWEEN EVERYONE. >> And since it's the first, it's time for an activity check! The AC can be found HERE and it ends on October 4th!

• If you've had trouble posting recently, you've been really busy, or you can't make the activity check for ANY REASON, please PM ME and we can discuss your options! (If you don't talk to me, I can't help!)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Oct 3 2015, 03:01 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

CBOX ISSUES

• We're having some technical difficulties with the CBOX right now in case you haven't noticed. It's nothing major, our premium on it just ran out, and we'll have it fixed in no time at all c: In the meantime the ICC box still works and you can chat there ( just remember that it needs to be refreshed ) you can find that HERE

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
❥THE AVATAR
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 11:45 PM
1259 POSTS
5'8"
N/A
TWITTERPATED
DONUTS
AANG

This message is hard for me to write, but I'm just going to get straight to the point. Many of you have probably noticed - or will notice now - that the board is offline. Without beating around the bush, yes... Diamond in the Rough is being closed. To some this may come as a complete surprise... and to others, this has been a long time coming. There was a specific incident that served as a catalyst for this sudden closing and I apologize that most of you will probably not get a proper explanation for it... as I have no desire to drag anyone's name through the mud. But the truth is, I've felt for quite a while that this day was coming. I didn't expect it to be today... but... I feel it's the right decision and the best for everyone involved.

I know this is going to make a lot of people mad and upset. I get it. I do. This is sudden and painful and I am beyond upset. But all I can say is I feel, 110%, that this is the right thing to do. The board is and will always be available offline to current members. You will have access to all of your characters and posts and such. I only ask that no-one re-uses this concept elsewhere... as there is a possibility that maybe, one day, we can build something new and fresh.

I'm sorry that it had to end this way... I really am... and I wish you guys the best in everything. Thank you for the good times <3

Goodbye

-- Alice

This post has been edited by THE AVATAR: Oct 5 2015, 01:08 AM

--------------------
{ DO NOT PM }

PMEmail
^
❥THE AVATAR
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 06:39 PM
1259 POSTS
5'8"
N/A
TWITTERPATED
DONUTS
AANG

I'd like to clarify as well, as this seems to be some misinformation being passed around by certain members, that I did not just close DERP because I 'disliked the way it was run.' As the owner of Diamond in the Rough, I passed on the management to Forest and Sam when I left. But I still continued to pay for premium and for the domain name of the site. I was still the owner and the root admin and that was clear when I left. While I was gone, people would come to me and complain, vent, express frustration, cry, and talk about how they wanted to leave. I saw multiple people leave over what the site had become. A vat of negativity and toxic feelings. Of animosity and badmouthing - in which I am certainly not blameless. But I left it alone because I want to stay out of things.

Last night, I signed onto a post that hit me right in the gut. Because this post displayed the exact nature that I described above. For you new members who have joined after I left - you don't know me. But I ran DERP faithfully for over two years. It was like my child. Then it morphed and changed and caused me so much anxiety that I couldn't function. So I left. When I came back to this message, it triggered that same sort of reaction. It was mean, nasty, and not fair. It was indicative of DERP going back into the dark ages of harsh activity rules and nasty words. After I promised that that wouldn't happen again, I couldn't stand seeing something like this. So I acted.

There are a few of you who are new and will not understand the significance of the above because you did not experience it. That's fine. Like I said, you can be mad at me if you wish and you can think of me however you'd like. I did it because I could not allow this cesspit of negative feelings to continue... and I could not condone someone I could no longer trust perpetuating those feelings and ideals. That is what it is. Were you punished for that decision? Yes. Unfortunately, I could not close the board without hurting a lot of people. I'm sorry. But what's done is done and I am okay with this, whether you agree with it or not. Not happy about it by any means, but I'm okay with it.

If you want more information on what happened, at this point - to prevent the spreading of misinformation - I'd be happy to share. I have absolutely nothing to hide. PM me on this account and I will get it. But I will not respond to messages that are sent just to bash me. You can take that elsewhere.

- Alice

This post has been edited by THE AVATAR: Oct 5 2015, 08:16 PM

--------------------
{ DO NOT PM }

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.