brontide (n.) the low rumble of distant thunder
never again
'say please'
hexxus

Hexxus Aze Black
"Humans. What wonderful creatures. So clever. So helpful."
twenty eight - hexxus - zachary quinto - villain

freestyle application

"Our world was much larger then. The forest went on forever. We tree spirits nurtured the harmony of all living things, but our closest friends were humans. Then, as sometimes happens, the balance of nature shifted, and Hexxus...the very spirit of destruction...rose up from the bowels of the earth...and rained down his poison. The forest was nearly destroyed. Many lives were lost, and the humans fled in fear, never to return"

THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I REALLY TOOK ANY CONCRETE FORM, before that I was merely the idea that germinated throughout the things within the world that perish under a destructive force. I was the fire that ran down the sides down the molten surface of volcanoes. I was the blood-lust seen in those at war. I was the hissing delight that rolled like a fog over the graveyards of genocides. There was no reason to take a concrete form before. I honestly doubted that I should ever want to. Little did I know boredom and my distaste for those winged vermin would awaken me so completely. All of the creatures from that insipid forest needed to be wiped out. I didn't get them all before they figured out a way to trap me - but that was only a time that I waited. Watching and letting the arm of my destructive desires reach all the way over to the human colonies. They had abandoned the forest and it was only a matter of time before they found me again. They would let me out, I would make sure of it. They are quite like cockroaches, those delightful humans. I quite adore them.

After that it's all quite lackluster. Those damned fairies trapped me again before I could do too much damage. And it felt all the more insulting to know that a novice had orchestrated such an entrapment. But that is all the time I want to waste detailing the fairies that I wish annihilated. I will find them if any of them escaped the sweeping destruction of the Darkness that released me from my tree and consumed every world that existed. Ones I had never known were plunged into chaos just the same as the little corner that I occupied. It was magnificent. How do I even begin to detail my adoration of the Darkness and all it gave to me. It gave me freedom and I followed the panic-ridden masses to a portal to a world where the Darkness could not touch - but oh the yearning I had to watch it spill even into this new realm. I wish nothing more than to touch at the very pulse of that Darkness. To find it's essence and fall into a stupor as I offer it nothing but my complete appreciation. And then, of course, I would merely watch it work it's magic. There is nothing yet in my eyes that compares to the happiness that the Darkness brings my black little heart. Well...that's not entirely true. There is one. But we are not at that part of the story yet. All in good time.

The city that the lovely little portal opened up to was New York City. A mecca of thriving human urban decay and pollution abounds. I was in heaven. A grinning fool with nothing but the desire to live out in my humanoid form here among the sheep that I so enjoyed influencing from afar. The buildings were tall, the metal was strong, the air was heavy with chemicals, the waste was awash everywhere, and there seemed to be not stop to it. The humans were breeding and dying at such a pace that all I could go was breathe it all in and smile with utter satisfaction. They were expanding, they were destroying without my lead, and it was fucking brilliant. I could feel the pulse of the ground below the city limits tainting with lack of any kind of life. Merely a thrum from what was once a steady heartbeat. I was quite pleased. And so I made my home, I constructed a life, and I easily rose to the top of the food chain by taking advantage of those that I wished to stay below me. Blackmail gets you quite a long way. That and a facade of being a real estate consultant, convincing humans to build more and more atop unpaved ground, really made for a perfect life.

I was rich from the money of those that kept me paid to keep me quiet. The real estate consultations did their part though. And if any officials came asking, they did not - I had more than a few powerful people in my pocket to stop any such silliness from happening - then all of my money was from personal consultations. Not from blackmail or hacking or emptying a person's account that had recently met their end quite quickly and unexpectedly. No never. Such a thing would be folly to think. Though a few wayward detectives that thought such things aloud and I ended up finding about through the grapevine of contacts? They were quite suddenly discharged from their stations. Such an odd curiosity don't you think? Either way...it was no surprise when people stopped wondering at my business or how I could afford my lifestyle. An entire penthouse floor to myself, a full garage of whatever I wished, and personal shoppers to keep me satisfied. Life was quite complete and I was merely living my dream. The moment it changed was likely when I was taken quite by surprise. By the most unlikely of souls I must confess.

SHE WAS MERELY A VICTIM AT FIRST, JUST MY CONQUEST TO torture or kill as I damn well pleased. And have no doubt, I quite enjoyed torturing her. It was a pleasure to see her tied and left naked without a way to escape. I had every intention of killing her but that night you see she gave me something. I wasn't aware of it then and wouldn't be for a while, but I wanted her in a way separate from all others. And the real moment that I decided to keep her under lock and key occurred when she reached out and instead of falling for my deception she actually had genuine faith in something other than my pure nature of needing to destroy. It was alien and perhaps that was why it struck me. Since the beginning of my existence all I could ever remember was the purpose of breaking things keeping me quite alive. To see someone that was the embodiment of all that I was not actually reach out and see something other than my dark core? It was...unwelcome. I remember both giving in to it and also wishing she was quite gone. What right did she have to shift my view so completely? None. None at all. But all the same, I knew she was my property by that point so I kept her under lock and key.

Keeping her was easy enough. After a while she wanted to stay I think. But throughout it all I always denied one thing very vehemently. I never uttered the words that I felt were in such opposition to all I was. She was merely there for my enjoyment. To utter the dreaded three words would mean my ruin. I went out of my way to keep her both in pain and happy at the same time. We were creation and ruin under the same roof. There is nothing simple about such a union. And so we were in our own little world. She was my one exception to everything. The sole thing I found myself not wanting to destroy. To watch her ruin would surely mean my unhappiness, and while that sounds nice and simple now I must admit that it's no easy task to recollect a time where I didn't completely understand this. For a long time she was nothing in my mind. I pushed away any grand thoughts of her being special at all. She was lesser than me and I was her master, I was her ruin. That was how my mind stayed for quite some time.

I suppose it wasn't until my descent and the first time that I left her that I understood how equal we were. But it's also not as simple or cut and dry as that. The reasons I left and the way I left her would have been unforgivable with just about anyone else. But not her. She was, and likely still is, the most kind hearted and nurturing soul I have known. But you see before anything had happened to rattle my world she was nothing more than a possession I wanted to keep. A person that I had corrupted and kept as my own. She may have been the embodiment of life and Springtime but she was mine utterly and completely. That was how I saw her. Property. And she never fought against me truly, even as I delivered her pain and pleasure and then cycled through them regularly. I would make her feel like it was safe and then I would do things like drive her out to where I had cleared a forest. I would relish her being in pain and when she did something like make a tree grow I would destroy it only to know it crippled her a bit as well. But I would be tender and gentle with her after that, our interplay of power always something I was under the illusion was me winning and her submitting. I never saw it as us being equals and that entire cycle being the effects of our standing on level ground. Not until my whole world changed for the second time.

I NEVER ONCE DOUBTED THE FACT THAT I WAS TO DIE WHEN THE time came. And so I went to great lengths to keep my humanoid self from dying. Because I figured that I operated under the same principles as all humans. I was, after all, mostly human. Or, at the very least, I was in a human body. I had to obey the human laws of death didn't I? Apparently this was not the case. I was killed by a woman that I once regarded as nothing but a self-important creature that was nothing to me at all. Just someone upset at the abuse and near-death I had brought to a loved one. Nothing of importance. But somehow she was not only upset with me and what I had done to that loved one, she apparently despised my entire being. She didn't like how I treated my Kenna. Nor did she have a taste for the pain I felt joy in delivered to whomever I wished. This was enough cause in her mind to kill me. And so full well she did. She got a knife that was enchanted somehow and she challenged me face to face only to leave me laying in a pool of my own blood. I was dead, truly and honestly. And she fled.

Had she stayed she would have seen that it took a great while but...I was not staying dead. I awoke in a stupor with nothing to keep me from having a complete fit. I could not die. The one being that craved and adored destruction could not be destroyed. In retrospect I both understand and actually appreciate the fact that I cannot die in his human form. That I will only rise back up. But at the time it was no simple matter of being grateful to be alive. Quite the opposite. I felt alone and adrift for the first time in my life. For a creature like myself that was used to being alone and merely extinguishing life after life, there is something to be said for the fact that my daze after coming back to life was complete with the feeling that I was utterly alone. So I went to see Kenna.

You may be thinking that I was merely lonely and seeking solace. But oh no. I was in a rage and perhaps under the surface I did want peace of mind and solace in her company - but that was not what I did. Instead I wrapped my hands around her throat and strangled her. I took her life and watched it slip from her form. Her corpse on the floor as I lay exhausted and my once animated and now glassy eyes merely hovered on her body. I didn't understand until later what I had done. It was all done in a fit of rage and anger and confusion and pain. But once she coughed awake, letting me know that she was the same as I was with her immortality...I walked away. I didn't even utter a word to her. And I left for months. I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to deal with it. And I certainly didn't want to admit that I cared for her. That I...

All of the time away was me trying to disconnect from the feelings that assaulted me after waking up from my death. After seeing her wake up from her death. And so I feel into old patterns. Drugs and drinking and mindless sex with as many people as I could connect with. Traveling and stirring political unrest and reveling in war and torture everywhere I went. I tried to find my old self. Before all of this mess. Trying to get back to my very center. My very core. My sole purpose. But alas I was misguided. Having a tantrum and panicking at having feelings that I felt I was unfairly having. Who were either of these women to rattle my world so entirely? Nobody. Nobody at all. That was what I told myself over and over for months. And then all it took was the mention of someone else wanting to harm her...and I came back. I came back with my heart in my hand and the expression of those three words still held back. I would never tell her. I would never once utter the words. And we both lived a world where that was alright. I even asked her to share my name, knowing I couldn't give her all that she may have wanted but damn well trying to stake my claim and make her happy at the same time. I was honestly trying my best. But perhaps she was wrong. Perhaps that Valentine's night when she reached out and said that I couldn't merely destroy she was altogether wrong. My sole mission and drive in life is to destroy. She will, however, always remain the sole exception. I know that now. But it's all so much worse now. All because time slipped away from me.

IT STARTED AS A SIMPLE CROSSING OF THE PORTAL, JUST A BIT of time over in the lands that were covered in the Darkness. I had always enjoyed them, remember all the adoration I had for the Darkness? The chaos that broke the lands and killed people or drove them into madness and evil thoughts? Oh it was blissful over there. And the trick was coming every now and again and spending a bit of time. Telling her I would leave and surprise her when I came back. Never telling her all the horrors I might have committed and her never really asking. It was as easy as that. But something about this trip had me diving deeper into the depths that I had never crossed before. Into darker worlds. Feeling the Darkness around me almost shivering with unrest. I felt sure something was about to happen. But it was still in it's infancy. I felt sure that if I could reconnect without a concrete form I might be able to better sense what was happening.

If I thought manifesting into a solid form was hard, then I had no idea whatsoever of the difficulties that came with shedding my concrete form and melding back into the rocks from which I once came. It's hard to describe. Time and space melted away after I felt the stitches of the Darkness melded into each fiber of the place where I was residing. It was delicious to feel the evil of the landscape and all that I had admired for years. I was blissfully unaware of how time didn't operate the same way. I had shed my corporeal form and now I was merely an idea again. I relished in the freedom and I re-associated myself with the ground I had left ages ago. And I felt the ripples of the Darkness there with me. And I admit I was lost to it all. I was drowned in the sensations of evil and darkness and the touching of something so like myself. It wasn't a simple as a swim in waters you had never been within. It was something utterly indescribable. The only reason I am back here on this side of the portal again? The Darkness found it's way to leak across and into New York City. I felt the fibers and the memories pulling back at me and so I followed the trail out just like other creatures were doing. I re-emerged and back into the world I was standing in again as a human. It was...disorienting.

Nothing is simple about picking up a life that you thought you had merely left for what felt like a few days - only to find that it was in fact almost half a year. I had been gone for such a time that I was presumed dead or merely visiting somewhere far away without notice. It wasn't like I hadn't done that before after all. I had. And so my penthouse was simply locked and watched, waiting for me now that I was back. My hacker was on notice, keeping all my files encrypted and all prying eyes at bay. As for Kenna...I am still not sure. I haven't actually made it that far but I know she's gone since I left her for far longer than the few days I thought I was away. I asked her to take my last name and then I left for half a year. No matter what happened that is her existence. And I know this. I suppose the evil that ripples through me and the refreshed vigor for destruction is nice. The newly forged powers are pretty amazing as well. But the fact that I left her for so long without meaning to? That is unforgivable. And I destroyed it...which is not surprising considering who I am. After all she believed in me it was a farce after all. I am only meant to break and destroy. No matter if she is my one exception it seems. I simply cannot have something whole and my own. And, honestly, do I deserve it? The answer is 'of course not' - so nothing matters except trying to manage my human life again now that I am here. Even if one thing is the most true thing I have ever known.

I am Hexxus and I am the embodiment of destruction. I have a renewed sense to destroy things and I want to see things crumble before me. I have powers now thanks to connecting to my core for such a long time, and that will help me. But the truth amid that all is that I can admit one thing above all now. And I am alright with being who I am and understanding this simple truth. I love her. I do. I am utterly in love with her. But I am destruction. I cannot love her and yet not destroy her. Everything now that I live in this life will be waiting for the moment that the earth is destroyed and she is in my arms again as I take the life from her after the whole rest of the world burns around us. I can only wait for that moment and hope that she will forgive me somehow.

Until then I can only be myself and love the pain of the world and love everything about her as well.

character connections

NAME
His name is simply what he had before but if you wanna get down to the nitty gritty then Hexxus is his name from the other side and he sees no reason to change it , Aze is the end of 'smaze' which is a mixture of smoke and haze, and Black is quite simply his favorite color.
PLAYBY
Zachary Quinto just seemed to fit Hexxus honestly, since the very start. He has the ability to be quite terrifying. But, with this new incarnation of Hexxus, the ability to show emotion is quite important too. And Zach can do both.
JOB
Officially? Real estate consultant. Unofficially? Blackmail money and emptying the back accounts of his victims. Honest livings are for chumps.
POWERS
Since he basically spent half a year over on the other side and he reconnected with his non-corporeal roots and he got a dose of living side by side with the Darkness he kinda has not only the ability to get his hands to a burning temperature now but he also has manifested the ability to create actual fire in his hands. It comes from his palms and he can touch something to burn it. He cannot throw fire or fire-balls or anything. But he can pull fire from his core and pull it to the surface of his human body. He can now also sense when someone is from across the portal. After having been across the portal for so long and not confined to a humanoid form he has a great sense of just when someone has been to the other side. He won't know what world someone was from and he can't see their true selves or anything but it's like a stain that he senses.

about MIRA!
He's back...I am so so sorry >>

5 Posts: [3 here] & [2 here]

Plotter: [plotter here]

spiffy details !
movie: FernGully: The Last Rainforest

birthday: December 31st

sexuality: Hedonistic

nickname(s): Hex

powers/abilities: See connections above

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
hexxus aze black
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 03:14 PM
540 POSTS
6'2"
brontide (n.) the low rumble of distant thunder
never again
'say please'
hexxus

user posted image

The little angel is back and ready to play again () :3

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 03:57 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

accepted

welcome to derp! you are super snazzy and we're absolutely thrilled that you've decided to join our family. now, it's time for you to lay claim to your name and face and all that good stuff. don't forget! it's super, super important.

- face claim . canon list . who's who -

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.