Add Reply
New Poll

fowler, roscoe conan, 31 . tramp . taylor kitsch
roscoe conan fowler
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 01:33 PM
21 POSTS
6'1''
But remember this, Pigeon, a human heart has only so much room for love and affection.
single
bisexual
tramp

roscoe conan fowler
"look again, pige, look. there's a great big hunk of world down there, with no fence around it."
thirty-one - tramp - taylor kitsch - hero

personality

ENIGMATIC. He makes an impression like a whirlwind of energy. From birth, he has possessed the skill of social eloquence and grace, with a dash of improvisation to boot. Ros isn't a very bookish man, but what he lacks in practical knowledge he compensates with social brilliance. The gentleman could talk his way out of a noose if need be, and with his talent for mischief, this persuasion comes in handy. Magnetic would be an apt description of the impression he makes on others. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, and he knows how to spin a sentence into gold. His investment company, Fowler Enterprises, has thrived under his leadership. It would have been ruined if not for his ability to charm the most stuffy businessman into trusting him. Ros inspires confidence; his friends rarely doubt his abilities and he tends to have the same effect on new acquaintances. It can be very tiring for those who enjoy routine and simplicity. Ros always has a trick up his sleeve and a cauldron of cockamamie schemes bubbling through his brain. If he didn't have such a, ahem, checkered past, he'd make a wonderful politician.

RESOURCEFUL. "The young dog who lost his way home".... A sad story which transformed him into an individualistic fighter. Necessity breeds invention, they say, and he can think 'out of the box' in several dimensions. Novelty intrigues him, and his natural curiosity for all things can be damaging if he sticks his nose where it doesn't belong. Ros capitalizes on the resources surrounding him, and can usually find solutions to difficult problems. His methods may be somewhat unconventional, but if he sets his mind to a task it will be finished successfully. Routine bores him and this irk applies to his cognitive patterns as well. Ros envelops himself completely in projects and likes uncovering unique ways to look at dilemmas. He's tenacious and doesn't like giving up; this can wear on those around him. The combination can ruffle some feathers, but it helped him to establish a successful career in this new, alien universe.

PLAYFUL. "What a dog!" And what a dog he surely is. The portal may have taken his fur and given him opposable thumbs, but he has the light, youthful spirit of all canines. At first, everything was a great, beautiful mystery that he had to unravel. What the heck is a toothbrush? How does reading work? OhmygoshisthataSQUIRREL? Everything can be turned into a game, as far as Ros is concerned. This opinion is further fueled by his gregarious nature; Ros will embark on any adventure with, well, pretty much anyone. He loves a good joke and his sense of humor is benign and contagious. After all the pain and loss he's experienced, Ros doesn't take happiness for granted. He lives his days knowing that he could die the next, and believes it's a waste to worry about the past or the future. There was a time where he had long-term goals and responsibilities, but as far as he's concerned, those things died in the darkness. He's wonderfully flirtatious and enjoys the company of others to the fullest extent he's allowed. Of course, his poor attention span doesn't encourage much commitment to his zany antics once they've run their course.

SELFISH. Ros struggles with many dualities in his identity. He wants to do the right thing, but he also believes the "ends justify the means". He'd never go out of his way to harm an innocent, yet his desire to be well-liked manifests as deception and, occasionally, manipulation. He has a strict moral code that he will defend with his fists if need be... but those rules don't always apply to his own actions. Don't get him wrong, he's a well-meaning, nice individual who will come to the aid of others at the drop of a dime. Of course, he's also an individualist. Growing up on the streets was hard and he managed to become relatively decent in spite of it. However, he will prioritize his own objectives if need be. This is his worst blindness. While he means well, Ros cannot often understand how his actions may harm others. What's best for him has to be what's best for them, right? His sense of self-preservation makes him a shrewd businessman, but a hurtful friend. He loves to look out for others, but he'll always look out for numero uno.

BRAVE. Death frightens him, but in a healthy way, as he would argue. After all, it could come at any time. Why spend all your time worrying about the facts of life? Although this lax demeanor contributes to his all-around amiable impression, he can be reckless. He's not afraid of a dare, the threat of physical harm, or much else. (His fears are more conceptual.) Ros will put himself on the line to protect those he cares for and will stand up to fight when his conscience demands. His brashness can be off-putting. He will boldly oppose anyone he views as a "bad guy". He's quick to jump to conclusions and when his headfirst tendencies take over, he may not be the best judge of who's who. He's prone to stereotypes and profiling, but can you really blame the poor guy? You can't throw around blind trust when all you've got is one bone to your name. Or, rather, when you have thousands of bones to lose. Ros has a little bit of a hero complex and will look out for those in need. It doesn't stem from any deep-seeded insecurity, but rather genuine compassion. He's a good dog at heart, and he remembers how awful it was to feel truly alone and abandoned. He does not wish to see others suffer, and will extend himself to help anyone who asks.

STRENGTH: clever, humorous, optimistic, courageous, fun, magnetic
WEAKNESS: unreliable, manipulative, thrill-seeking, stubborn, oblivious

LIKES: dogs, helping others, steak, drinking, (wo)men, diversity, novelty
DISLIKES: harm, loud noises, rodents, cruelty, silence, cleaning products

history

Infamous though he was, the rogue was born into a human home, under a warm roof with concerned faces watching him take his first breaths. The pregnancy was a complete surprise; imagine those humans' reactions when their beloved Amber lay down in the laundry room to bring four new souls into the world. Neutering your pet was still a novel idea at that time, and the lower class of citizens often couldn't afford it. Unsupervised pets were at risk of bringing home more than just a bad case of fleas. Their cramped household lost a little more room on that day. But who could resist the cuteness, the affection, the joy of puppies? Not even those weary people, floundering in the grips of poverty.

Tramp was blessed with a great start. His mother was dutiful in watching her mischievous litter and his humans doted on all of them. They sacrificed their leftovers and their space for the growing dogs; a young couple worked tirelessly to support their living parents (two fathers and one mother). The five of them shared 2 bedrooms in a rickety shack of a house on the "wrong side" of the train tracks, as it were. The wife worked her fingers to the bone as a washerwoman, using their tiny laundry room to run an at-home business. Her husband brought back what pay he could find doing miscellaneous labor; laying foundations, repairing roofing, road maintenance, etc. There was little security in their lives, but they were happy.

Six months after Tramp's birth, something changed. The couple were more stressed than usual, running around and making plans, talking through the late hours of the night. He couldn't understand what was happening until the baby came 9 months later. The leftovers became scarce. What little the family had went to the newborn. Only two puppies remained from the original 4 (having found homes for the others); the feisty young male and his more subdued sister. Naturally, tension began to build in the household. As an undisciplined pup, Tramp was quick to bark at passerby, to jump up on furniture and people, and to play with items humans did not want him to touch. The couple meant well, but their patience had been monopolized by their new bundle of joy. Tramp started getting kicked, a sensation he'd never known before. When there was yelling, it was directed towards him. Amber, ever the Good Dog, did her best to control her son, but he was young and energetic and didn't have a sense in his head.

One afternoon, Tramp saw a mouse in the kitchen and followed his unbridled instincts. Although his hunt was successful, it resulted in broken dishes, a ruined tablecloth, and most of all - the destruction of the wife's favorite vase. When the humans saw what he had done, the new father went into a rage. He put a muzzle on the youngster and chained him to a stake in their small, dusty back yard. For the next few weeks, the adolescent remained chained outside, alone. His mind couldn't understand why his humans had done such an awful thing to him. It had happened right after he killed the mouse, so why were they upset? He'd protected the family from a harmful, disgusting creature. They should've been proud. The lively puppy fell into a deep sadness. How could they do this? They wouldn't even play or pet him anymore. All the attention he received was the cursory 'hello' when they gave him his meals (which were becoming infrequent). Ever the loyal creature, he held tight to the belief that this was all just a phase, just something temporary.

After a month outdoors, Tramp was tired and sluggish, the energy zapped out of him from the lamentable conditions. One night, late in the pre-dawn hours, he opened his eyes to see a suspicious figure lurking around the side of the house. Barking furiously, he pulled and pulled at the chain holding him to the ground. The figure paused and looked at him as the lights in the home slowly came on. Then, it ran. The chase instinct took over as he heard 'What's going on out there?!' coming from the window. A gentle pop was all it took before he was free, skidding on the dirt before he found his feet and loped full-speed after the retreating stranger. It didn't take long for him to catch up, but he would regret his careless attack. As the canine lunged with his teeth bared, a knife slid sharp and hard into his leg. He fell, confusion mingling with the pain as the man made his escape. It took a while for the panic to set in. Where was he? Where was his family? The chain clinked behind him as he ran from house to house, anxiety growing. He'd lost his way.

Terrified, hurt, and alone, he found his way to the train tracks, where he finally finagled his way out of the leash contraption. Then he paused. What now? He scrounged for food and slept. For days afterwards, he went back to the scene of his attack, hobbling around on three legs, looking for his humans. His shallow wound healed in time with the help of a compassionate group of humans who treated it for infection (before the terrified pup escaped their clutches). Even when days turned to weeks, and weeks to months, he stayed in the shambled, poor side of town, hoping he could smell out his former home. Unbeknownst to him, the family had been evicted, unable to pay their expenses with their meager earnings. They moved, presumably with Tramp's sister and mother, to a different town.

Though he didn't give up his search, his new life changed him dramatically. After many close scrapes with death and captivity, he learned to live by his wits: taking what he could and besting danger. He won't talk about that chapter of his life in much detail. There were bad choices, painful experiences, and lots of women. It took a couple of years of fighting with himself to become the infamous "tramp", so beloved by his fellow strays.

Dazzling, perfect, pure; she was an angel to him, coming into his universe from far left field. When he met Lady, he initially thought of her as a fun time. A distraction, a taste of the good life, so to speak. Never could he have imagined how much she'd remind him of his past, of what he used to be. What he used to have. He fell hard for her, and it was different than all those other dames. She made him feel that he could be good again. It was a total shock to him when her humans welcomed him into their luxurious home with open arms. The transition wasn't simple. He grappled with the instincts he'd relied on so heavily to survive on his own. Yet the dog tried, he didn't want to ruin this miracle he'd found: his own love, his own new family. After a year in the Dear/Darling residence, he was fatter, healthier, and brighter. The old stray gangs would laugh and mock the 'once great Tramp' and he couldn't care less. His life had meaning again. He had her, and people to protect.

Tramp didn't know Lady was pregnant when he woke up on the other side of the portal. His eyes opened to see a new world. Alone again. He had no memory of getting out, only a drug-like, foggy feeling of amnesia. Confusion and fear turned into action once they told him where the gateway was. Tramp leaped back into the world he knew, to find it desolate, broken, and dark. There was no way to find the town where his Lady had been, where his humans awaited with a happy word and a walk in the park. It was gone, everything was dangerous. Too dangerous for the masterful Tramp to stay long.

His transition into New York City was slow, yet not sluggish. He'd been through upheavals before; this wasn't anything he couldn't survive. He was, after all, an individualist, one who was able to build himself and thrive in any situation. Or so he told himself. For three years, he lived on the street, eating when he could and taking when he needed. His Houdini-like skill came in handy after running from NYPD on a few occasions. Seven more years passed, and he had used his wiles and tact to build a modest (yet quite lucrative) investment firm, specializing in the financing of new projects in the city and beyond. Although he was able to rebuild his stability and a vague sense of comfort, the portal beckoned tantalizingly with a shard of hope. This place wasn't his home. His home was somewhere in that shroud of evil, corrupted and tainted. Yet he would return, and return, to remember the Lady he'd loved and the dog he was.

character connections

personality: I had a lot of fun with this, because I think there are two very distinct sides to Tramp's personality. We see him before he meets Lady: a total rascal with a reputation for being a scoundrel (albeit a lovable one). He takes risks and chases adventure, all the while focusing on himself. Later in the film, he falls in love with his pedigree princess and you can see a change in his priorities; he has someone to protect and he gains something that he doesn't want to lose. Now that he's lost his family for the second time, I imagine he's fighting himself a little. He's allowed to be selfish again, and so he is, but he still isn't a bad guy. His priorities are just sort of meaningless again. The reason I had him vanish through the portal when I did is because I don't think he would have been as interesting or as dynamic if he actually knew he had a son and daughters. Also can you imagine the drama when Scamp shows up and is like "HEY I'm your kid"??? WOOF.

playby: tbh, I didn't know who Taylor Kitsch was until I found him on a suggestions list. It was hard for me to pick someone who I thought was handsome yet still scruffy enough to pull off that "handsome dog hobo" look. Then I found Taylor Kitsch, and I immediately liked his smirk-y grin and his multi-faceted look (he can pull off the long hair and the short). Also he apparently played a kind of bad boy in Friday Night Lights (as I can comprehend from Google), so he just seemed like the right fit for the type of character I was leaning towards.

occupation: I thought he needed to be successful. In the movie, Tramp is such an eloquent wordsmith and he seems to "know a guy" for any given situation. I thought he'd be a great businessman, but not the 'numbers and equations' type. I imagined him being a great salesman - and with the imaginative optimism he has, I pictured project planning. His drive can be contagious, and so making him an investor liaison seemed ideal. Ros also funds an NYC dog shelter. It's an issue that's close to his heart, and he believes in giving back to the community. You'd be able to catch him visiting the "lodgers" at least once a week, especially during puppy season. He's a sucker for the puppies.

sexuality: He's a dog at heart so he's not discriminating when it comes to getting jiggy with it. That's all!

name: "Roscoe" is a dog-sounding name, and it's kind of... gritty sounding to me. I thought Tramp would definitely choose a name he knew and it would make a lot of sense if this was a dog's name. So Roscoe it is. "Conan" literally translates to "big dog" which I thought was fitting. "Fowler" is my favorite - it is an English surname referring to one who catches birds for a living. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Tramp tries to get Lady to chase chickens with him, and I think he'd cherish this memory as well. His last name is kind of a shout-out to his "lost" love.

about LOOR !
umm y'all know me mostly. i am in the EST timezone, love this site, etc.

5 Posts: the world's behind you (2), out of paradise (3)

Plotter: only yesterday

spiffy details !
movie: lady and the tramp

birthday: december 12

sexuality: bisexual

nickname(s): ros, fowler

powers/abilities: extra likable, enhanced business sense

--------------------
user posted image
SAM! <3
PM
^
roscoe conan fowler
 Posted: Sep 8 2015, 12:55 PM
21 POSTS
6'1''
But remember this, Pigeon, a human heart has only so much room for love and affection.
single
bisexual
tramp

user posted image
GOOOOD morning, DERP! tramp is finished. :3

--------------------
user posted image
SAM! <3
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Sep 9 2015, 07:00 AM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Diamond in the Rough! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.