Add Reply
New Poll

trade my wit for wings, tag: pond/james
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Apr 27 2015, 06:24 AM
88 POSTS
5'2"
I've learned a lot about my talent. Most importantly how to love it. Now I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up. I kind of wish I'd known that back then...
Single
bisexual
tinker bell

i'm not, but I am ----

Someone her size and without the ability to fly probably shouldn't have spent so much time walking headfirst into danger. Yet it could be argued that she spent almost as much time in the animated world as she did in New York. Probably not the smartest of ideas considering her propensity for disaster and a talent for getting into trouble that rivaled her talent for tinkering. Once upon a time she would never have considered the idea of helping out people. Though she'd always been fascinated with 'lost things' and those that left them behind, it was an unspoken rule among her kind that people never know about them. After all humans could never understand how important they were to the workings of the seasons, or the way their magic worked. They were dangerous, or so she'd been told, in those brief moments they were mentioned as the fairies discussed trips to the mainland.

Of course none of that seemed to matter to the tiny tinker fairy. Her talent was inherently connected to a vivid imagination and unquenchable curiosity. She'd always wondered about people and so it was almost too easy to convince herself that learning more about them was a good thing. Add to that the fact that she was now technically human on one side of the portal, as well as the guilt she still felt for ruining spring, and it didn't seem like much of a stretch to try and help the resistance in anyway she could. Of course to some her ability to contribute seemed almost too small to matter. She was flightless fairy, unable to speak the human language on this side of the portal, and very tiny on top of all that. It was her talent that made her feel like she really was helpful, even important to the cause. As a tinker and inventor she was good at fixing things, and the resistance was in constant need of repairs. Though she wasn't much of an expert on firearms, she'd been studying up on their workings in the real world. Learning so she could do even more to help when necessary.

As easily as she could do all of these sort of things at the complex or even in her own shop. Away from the dangers of the darkness and any one of the other countless threats the world held for a tiny fairy. Tink just wasn't the type to sit idly by and wait. People needed her talent, and she was going to help them in anyway she could. Even if it was dangerous, even if it meant that she might die in the process. If she couldn't fix spring, couldn't bring back pixie hollow or her friends, then at the very least she could have a hand in helping repair the rest of the world. However small her role in the entire thing might have seemed on the outside.

Of course there was her whole 'finding trouble' thing to consider. An aspect of her personality she was becoming rapidly reacquainted with as she looked at the mess that had once been her cart. It was much larger then the one she'd had in pixie hollow, sturdier in build too since she had readily available supplies in her shop, but that hadn't seemed to be enough to keep not one but two of the five wheels from popping clean off.

Beside her Cheddar sat on his haunches, towering over her in this world considering he was a very large rat, and wringing his paws with distressed squeaks. Looking up at him, Tink reached out and patted his belly "Don't be upset, it wasn't your fault." she offered the rat a reassuring smile, and scratched him behind the ears as he lowered his head to her level. "We just hit a pebble or something is all." She glanced back at the cart, brows furrowing. "I'm going to need your help getting it out of the mud..."

Turning back to the cart, her hands rested on her hips, a frown of thought on her face. All the little bits and bobs they'd been carrying were thrown to the ground, and Tink couldn't help but feel very not safe out here in the middle of the jungle. It hadn't felt so bad when they'd been moving, but now? Her eyes flicked around, suddenly overly aware of ever rustle and chirp of the forest. Her heart pounding away in her chest. It took a lot to try and focus on the task at hand, moving towards the cart to see how bad the damage was, and whether the wheels could be salvaged. "I don't think these wheels are going to work anymore..." one of them was badly cracked, and she haven't even found the others yet.

Cheddar was the one who heard the sound of someone approaching first ( once she got into that zone it was hard to get her out, even with giant stomping footsteps ), and the rat leapt to stand in front of her. All his fur bristling. "Cheddar what's the matter?" Suddenly on alert, she hid behind her friend, peeking past him to scan the surrounding shrubbery as it shook and her ears filled with the sound of footsteps. She'd have called out but experience said that was a bad idea, not only that but the chances of the person understanding what she said was slim.

pond/james | tink things | idk | template by sam

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
james warren slight
 Posted: Jun 17 2015, 12:45 PM
179 POSTS
5'6"
Hi, I'm James! I'm a boy, okay? Not some icky grown-up. I won't ever grow up, not as long as I could stop it! If you try, you're just a codfish, and codfish are the absolute worst!
single
girls are icky
slightly

NO CHURCH IN THE WILD
He was him again! James was just who he was meant to be- a young boy in a fox suit- not some gross icky almost adult in normal clothing! That was entirely terrifying in every form of the word. Growing up was not in James’ plans for the future, not ever. And if that meant he had to run around on this side of the Portal, doing all he could to avoid the darkness? Well, he would do it! Being an adult was boring and terrible. You had responsibilities, and jobs, and cleaning, and ‘proper behavior’ and how was any of it even close to good? That made no sense. It was so much more enjoyable to be a kid, to never grow up. To build treehouses, fight pirates, play with the Indians… What was bad about that? In fact, days full of things like that were a dream come true! Sword fighting and eating whenever you wanted and never taking baths! The whole situation was just a dream come true!

Being alone, without any of the other Lost Boys to keep him company was pretty lame. James had to go off on his own, maybe even in hopes of finding one of his friends! After all, he found Peter, and that only left like… Six Lost Boys to find? James couldn’t really count, not entirely. There were at least a handful of other boys, he knew that much. More than one! Or zero! Stuff like that wasn’t important to learn, it didn’t matter at all. He just wanted to be able to enjoy himself, and that’s just what he was going to do! There were so many adventures to be held and people to find and slingshots to be made! Oh, he barely even thought about that. Each and every time James had a chance to make a new slingshot, he would! There were just so many of them! He could make big ones or little ones or ones with three prongs! He could experiment and come up with the perfect new slingshot, something he could carry around and have a wonderful time using in any way he could! Practicing on trees, on codfish, on bushes… The world was his oyster! Or something like that. He heard a codfish utter it once. It might have been one of his coworkers? James never really cared. Too much effort for him to remember, and it wasn’t even Peter! Therefor, there was no point.

At his smaller stature, it was easy for the Lost Boy to maneuver throughout the trees. He could climb, and swing, and sing, and those were exactly his plans. He had no fear of the darkness! It was nothing compared to what happened in Neverland, nothing like sword fighting a pirate across the island! Sure, he didn’t do it much, but it was still an adventure! He could go around and fight easily, without a care in the world! James loved to spend his time in a world like his own. Maybe he could even find some more friends? New friends were great, and there were lots of nice people here, and lots of them were kids! Well, sometimes he found kids. They were never on their own, and he doubted any of them would ever join him in Neverland. They didn’t want to go to his world! Really, those kids were just missing out, because Neverland was entirely and absolutely amazing. You didn’t have to grow up! Who cared about parents or rules? Not this kid, not ever!

Things were calm in the woods, and it was wonderful. He could run around and not have to change course because of some stupid darkness thing lurking nearby! He could run around for ages, honestly. James never ran out of energy! No Lost Boy did. At least, not until it was time for bed. Then he could sleep for hours, through any sort of noise, because sleep was great. It was always so fun and nice and relaxing. He slowed down for a bit and walked around slowly, watching the forest. It was a very pretty forest, but not as nice as the trees in Neverland. His feet stomped along the path, his eyes looking at anything and everything he could.

Looking down, James spotted something odd, to say the least. A cart? But it was so tiny! It was Tink sized, really. How did something like that exist? ”How did you get here?” he asked it, bending down. James placed his hands on his knees while he stared at the cart. ”Oh no, you’re broke!” he frowned, touching the wheel. That was no good at all. ”I wonder who owns you…” the Lost Boy looked around… How had it gotten here? Surely the owner couldn’t be too far away!
tam -- WORDS 808 -- ahhh so late i'm sorry <3
♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 01:55 AM
88 POSTS
5'2"
I've learned a lot about my talent. Most importantly how to love it. Now I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up. I kind of wish I'd known that back then...
Single
bisexual
tinker bell

i'm not, but I am ----

You could never be sure when it came to anything in this world. Though she hadn't exactly existed in either side of the portal for very long, she'd had to learn quickly. Being her size and not having the ability to fly on top of all that, it made the necessity to be careful very important. She couldn't just wander around without paying attention, nor could she just walk up to someone like she normally would have before. Granted fairies were supposed to be secretive and keep away from humans, but they'd never explained that concept to the young Tinker fairy. Having never traveled to the mainland ( and apparently she was never supposed to ) this fundamental rule of fairy nature was never mentioned to her. It was only instinct and a fear over what someone could do to her when she was so small and defenseless that made the small fairy run and hide when she needed to. Even if it went against every fiber of her inner curiosity. That burning need to know and understand what she was looking at made it doubly hard to gauge what she was supposed to do in a situation.

Like right this moment as her and Cheddar ran to hide in the nearest bit of shrubbery. The large rat curling protectively about the small fairy as she peeked out at the large boy that came into the clearing. At least he was large in her eyes as most humans tended to be. He was dressed oddly too, at least from what she knew of people. From what she could tell he was meant to be dressed as some kind of animal, a fox perhaps. She sincerely wanted to ask why, she wanted to ask a lot of things actually. It was natural for her to question and seek answers. Like why was someone who appeared so young wandering around on their own? Surely it was just as dangerous fro him out here as it was for her. Perhaps even more so since it was a lot easier for her to hide from sight then it would be for someone like him.

One hand resting on Cheddar's head she leaned forward slightly and watched with wide blue eyes as he spoke to her tiny cart. The idea that he might be able to help her ( if not fix it then at the very least carry all of them somewhere where she could fix it...or even across the portal itself. ) came to mind in an instant.

She'd always been rather impulsive.

Something that made her inner, more responsible voice flinch, as she stepped out into view. Coming out of hiding with slow and cautious steps. Her rat slinking slowly beside her. "That's mine!" Her voice was no doubt just a soft ringing, bell to his ears. And she cursed the fact that she couldn't talk normally to people. It would certainly making coming here to help the resistance with their repairs a whole lot easier. Still, even tinkling like a bell was better then nothing she supposed. Waving her arms a bit and bouncing up and down to try and get his attention, she took a few more steps forward.

She didn't think he'd hurt her, he didn't seem the type, but she still didn't move back to her cart just yet. "Can you help me fix it?" She pointed to the wheel as she did, trying to gesture out what she meant in case he didn't understand.

pond/james | tink things | idk | template by sam

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.