Add Reply
New Poll

For Just A Moment], Zev//Sparrow
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 13 2014, 01:20 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
when all the lights go out
This was day he was able to have off from both the shelter and the thrift store. There was no way he was going to stay cooped up in his apartment on a day as nice as this. Granted nice in the middle of January meant there wasn't a lot of snow on the ground and the sun was actually shining- it was still nice. So instead, he found himself lazy in the park by his old place. He loved how even though he wasn't in his natural habitat of Widow Tweed's, with the woods he could run around in, this clearing of trees almost dead center in New York tried it's hardest to make up for it. Almost like it knew what he was missing, what he needed to sooth his raised fur.

It was early in the day, so it was rather clear. So as he walked down the damp walkways with his fox hat that was slowly turning into a security blanket and his hands in his pockets, he couldn't help but grin like an idiot as he knew the meaning behind the hat. No, it wasn't for show. It wasn't 'cause he wanted to stand out. It was nostalgia purposes. For him to feel like his old fox-self for a little bit. Granted, he would've worn the tail he had, but that was for days he curled up on the couch with Tobi. Not when he was taking a walk through Central Park.

A couple children pointed and giggled, and some adults rolled their eyes and make obvious effort to avoid him, Theo couldn't really care at this moment. He had a bowl of ice cream, strawberry- of course, for breakfast and was looking for a good place for a nap. Not just a boring park bench, but a good branch he could hide in and snooze under the sun in. Bundled up in his warm winter coat, he knew the perfect tree too. Though another tree flitted across his memory, a tree that was apart of his life now. A tree that sheltered him and Chase from the sun as they figured out where their lines in the sand was. Were they finally confessed their feelings. Did he pick the tree that Kenna confessed as his, or the tree that was the start of his relationship with his boyfriend?

Nostalgia won out, and he found his feet making his way towards their tree.

Making his way along the pathways, throw the small tufts of remaining snow, he found the spot. It was an opening that was surrounded by trees, but had a great view of the park. Perfect for mothers who want to stay in the sun and watch their kids play. Their tree, however, was close to a little hidden conclave that called out longingly to the sleepy fox. Checking to make sure there was no one else in the tree (that had happened once before), he made rubbed his hands together and prepared to make the first jump towards a branch.

The first jump was easy enough, and as he pulled himself up, he laughed to himself as he thought about what he use to do as a fox. Any other time he would just curl up at the base of the tree and wallow in the light's rays. But now, now he found that he enjoyed actually being in the tree instead. So as he adjusted himself on the branch, he pulled his fox hat down to completely cover his ears as his arms folded behind his head.

This. Was the life. Granted, he really wished he could share this with Chase, but his blond lover was at work. Not only that- he was discovering that it was better to cuddle with the blonde on a couch, or in bed, than on a tree branch. Under a tree, however- that was a good place too. But for now, it was just him and the sleep that was gently tugging at the corners of his eyelids.

He chuckled to himself in a small victory as his eyes slowly closed, a blush crossing his cheeks as his mind thought about the way Chase felt pressed against him. Maybe he'd brag to the blond about his nap in the sun- just to try and get a reaction out of him.

Yawning, he let the sun warm him into a pleasant slumber, perched there in the tree branches. It felt good to be out here, in his own element. Even with the chill of winter threatening to ruin the moment.

There was an odd scent, and it pulled Theo from his dream as his breath caught in his chest. He kept his eyes closed, but his body tensed. Someone was there, he just barely make it out from the sleep induced haze. Inhaling quietly through his nostrils, he could smell the change in the air. A woman- at least he hoped by the smell that lingered under his nose. There were some rather.... odd people in this world. Especially those men who liked to dress like women. But his nose could be off, it was hard to justify what was what when your poor nose was chilled.

Whoever it was, they came closer, and he could hear them talking to themself, obviously lost in their own thought. His initial plan was to ignore them. He was sleeping, and there was no reason to frighten the passerby. He didn't really feel like messing with anyone, being content to just lay in the sun. The scent wafted under his nose again and he wrinkled his nose. Why was it sticking out so much? Blinking slowly, he pushed himself to a sitting position, grabbing a hold of his hat to keep it comfortably over his ears as he rubbed at his eyes.

Watching them, as if he were stalking prey, if he still had his tail, it would've flicked about as he looked the person over. Crossing his arms, he tilted his head as he looked at them; his hair falling from his shoulder. Maybe he should get that trimmed... Shaking his head, he brought his attention to fully rest on the person before him who paused in front of his tree. "Excuse me." He was still a bit rusty on the types of formalities he was suppose to use. "Sorry to butt in, but.... are you okay? You seem, a bit lost." A small smile broke across his face as he leaned forward on the branch, bracing himself with his hands against the bark as he awaited their response.

then i'd be another memory
DESIGNED BY NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0

Words: 1111; Tags!: OPEN!; Outfit: outfit

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 12:06 AM
96 POSTS
6'4"
I got a halloween head. Head full of tricks and treats it leads me through the nighttime streets.
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 960

The truth was that Zev didn’t really have any friends. Not yet, at least. He had been told by Dr. Acker in the institution that he was capable of making friends. In fact, she said, he thrived on making friends and falling into a close knit community but most nights it just felt impossible. How were you supposed to befriend people when your initial instinct was to recoil from touch and snarl, assuming the worst? It was hard to trust yourself when you felt like a beast stuck in the form of a man. He tossed and turned most nights and then in the morning, when he’d wake when the sunlight burst through his dingy apartment windows, he never felt rested.

If he had someone he liked to talk to, someone he trusted, he assumed they’d have advice for him. Yet most of his conversations were had with people he liked to refer to, in his head, as “rent-a-friends.” That’s really what they were. He’d meet them in some dive bar or a shady alleyway, or maybe they’d be helping him during one of his odd jobs, and they’d talk for a few hours, keeping each other company for the night in the simplest way until one of them left to go home. And that would be that. Rent-a-friend.

If those conversations ever got to Zev’s sleeping issues (and that’s as far as they’d go, he’d never let just anyone know about his outbursts), someone always had advice to give. And that advice usually came in the form of alcohol, over the counter sleep aids, or a cocktail of multicolored prescription pills. At first, Zev took all of it eagerly, tossing back the tiny capsules or downing the bitter liquids, praying they’d lull him into a dreamless, dead sleep. It didn’t take him long to realize the pills weren’t the answer and that booze, while enjoyable, could leave him feeling worse in the morning. So last night, in the dark of a bar, when someone said he should start exercising, that caught him off guard.

First, Zev didn’t own a single article of workout clothes. He wasn’t much for shopping, but he couldn’t run in jeans and a flannel. With a handful of thrift store t-shirts and gym shorts, and a large pair of worn, well loved running shoes, Zev felt proud for a moment. He was going to start running and he was going to sleep well at night. He’d even heard about running groups. Maybe he’d be noticed on the road and someone, anyone would offer him a spot in their group. A glimmer of pride shone through him as he thought, Look at me, putting effort into this whole living life thing. Dr. Acker would be proud, he thought.

This January morning was gorgeous and not too cold. True, he preferred darker days with fog or mist or a frightful thunderstorm but for his first day out as a runner, he couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. Lacing up his shoes at one of the entrances of the park, Zev stretched for a moment before taking off, his black curls bouncing near his eyes.

It was incredible.

The release of energy was invigorating and Zev picked up speed, his eyes closing every so often, letting the joy of the air rushing past him sink in. He headed towards a thicket of trees that he thought would look positively spectacular in the middle of a moonlit night, bare and haunting. He kept pushing ahead losing track of the miles he was logging when a particular scent rose. God, it was strange to notice things like that. What kind of man can pick up scents, or whatever it was that made his nose twitch and make strange synapses fire in his brain. Whatever it was, it was close and it excited something in his already adrenaline filled veins. He slowed as he moved further into the trees, his head whipping around to catch sight of what he knew was hiding somewhere.

What he wasn’t expecting was for a voice to come from above him. A voice that was soft and calm and…polite. Zev could feel two emotions rise within him, warring for dominance. It always happened like this. Half of him wanted to growl and the other half wanted to be as pleasant as he could (as pleasant as possible for him). His head shot upwards, scanning the trees for the voice. ”Where the hell are you?” he said, voice gravelly and skeptical. Ah, there it was. A freckled, smiling face framed by red hair was staring down at Zev’s sweaty scowl which was slowly transforming into a confused smirk. God, just be nice at least this once. To this kid, c’mon, you can do it.

As the redhead spoke, he finally realized how out of breath he was and exhaled, putting his hands on his knees. ”Nah, I’m okay, thanks.” Small talk…he knew how to do this, he really did. He just had to get out of the runner’s fog in his head. ”I might be lost. This is my first time running and I guess I don’t really know the park. Heh…” This kid, before he completely interrupted what seemed to be a nap, looked so content, so at ease. If only Zev could find a way to be like that. Still looking up in wonder at the redhead, he smirked again and tried to soften his voice. It was nearly impossible. ”So what’re you doing up there? Good view? You picked a real good spot.”

----------

(I hope it's okay that I jumped in! <3 Throwing my wolfman at your adorable fox xD)

--------------------
user posted image
made by the talented and beautiful sam !
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Mar 3 2014, 12:53 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
He honestly wasn't expecting anybody to cross his path, even with the weather as nice as it was. Some of the trails were still a little slushed, so to see someone actually running through the park, well, it surprised Theo none the less. He knew Chase did, but he was pretty positive that Chase was inhuman, with all the running he did. He'd tried to go out with him a couple times, but he was so out of pace in this body that he ended up trailing behind. He really needed to get up to speed, because it really was pretty invigorating to actually run again.

Tilting his head as the man spoke, he stifled a chuckle. It wasn't really polite to laugh at someone just because they couldn't see you. After all, he was the one who startled the poor fellow, it would have been worse to actually laugh. He was just about to say "Up here" when the man finally made the connection. With a small wave, he gave him a small smile to go with it.

"That's good to hear. I didn't expect anyone else to take advantage of this weather, so sorry for startling you." At least that would explain the odd scent he got from the guy. He was running, he was obviously going to smell differently.

Lifting an eyebrow, he leaned forward on the branch and he could almost feel the ghost of his tail flicking as his curiosity peaked. "It's not really that hard, though I'm here practically all the time. The park is pretty big..." he trailed off as he looked down the path the man was running.

His attention was brought back as he was asked a question, and Theo blinked a bit in confusion at the man's words. "Me? Oh, you know. Trying to get in as much fresh air as possible. There's only so much I can take being stuffed in an apartment." Chuckling softly to himself, he nodded at the man's statement. "Yeah, it's a pretty nice spot, and the view isn't that bad either. I can see my complex from here." And of course by his he meant the one him and Chase shared together, the thought bringing a smile to his lips.

Throwing a leg over the branch, he pushed off and bent at the knees as he landed, keeping his arms out for balancing purposes. Would've been so much easier with a tail. "Again, sorry if I startled you, that wasn't the plan. Something just seemed off up there. Guess I wasn't completely asleep, ya know?"

Words: 435; Tags!: Zev!; Outfit: outfit

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Apr 7 2014, 04:09 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
I got a halloween head. Head full of tricks and treats it leads me through the nighttime streets.
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 471

Zev knew it wasn’t normal for a man to have a weirdly strong sense of smell, one that helped him identify people as if he were a dog. It was clearly abnormal. That’s why he always kept his mouth shut about it. No reason to spark any more odd looks from other people. But there was something about this redhead who had just laughed at him. Something animal on the wind, and it seemed to be coming from the guy in the tree. And the laugh. Sure, it seemed to be a good natured chuckle, but it skewered Zev in a way he wasn’t expecting. He scowled again until it was clear that this redhead, this kid, meant no harm or ill will. At all. It was bizarre. Zev waved back slowly, his head cocked to the side.

“It is a nice day, yeah? For winter, I mean. Fuckin’ endless winter, am I right?” Zev was trying, trying to sound at ease and casual, but his gravelly voice and penchant for profanity probably wasn’t helping. And how old was this kid in three? He had the face of a kid but clearly wasn’t a child.

Zev smiled again, weakly, as the redhead leaned forward. “You’re pretty agile. Don’t fall, okay?” He glanced down at his worn secondhand shoes and shrugged. “So is this park like your second home? I’m trying to make a habit of coming here and running and…” His voice trailed off for a moment. He wasn’t sure what to do but something insisted on friendliness. Maybe it was the runner's high that coursed through him. Would it be too forward to say what he wanted? God, he was so self-conscious when it came to social interactions. Anxiety. That’s how it was described to him. “Guess I could use a trail guide.”

He nodded in agreement with the redhead. “I get that. I really do. Nothing worse than being cooped up all day and night” Zev knew it all too well. There was a time when he wouldn’t allow himself to leave the confines of his own studio apartment for fear of scaring or tearing into innocent bystanders.

His attention quickly whipped back to the tree dweller, who was now standing on the same level as Zev. He felt like a giant next to the redhead, and a self-conscious one at that. “Seemed off? With me?” Instead of the anger he was used to feeling, a weird, chilly fear set in. Could this kid know something? Sense something about Zev? Was it that obvious that he was a mess, a freak? “Better to sleep with one eye open, huh? What’s your name, kid?” he asked cautiously, the warm sweat on his brow suddenly turning cold.

----------

(Zev is a mess of emotions and I apologize xD )

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: May 5 2014, 11:47 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
At the man's comment it was hard to keep the laugh down. So instead he let it out as he pushed himself up from the branch. "isn't that the truth! At least Spring's trying. Really, she is." He offered a small shrug and a slight smile. At least he hoped Ms. Kenna was hard at work. Safe, but hard at work in making this winter go away.

"Oh this is nothing. I use to be more limber back in the day." Way to act like Chase there, Theo. Though it was true. Things were a lot easier with four legs and a tail. This body had restrictions, and they aggravated him more often than others might think. Positions he use to find comfortable hurt if he laid that way for too long, and the fact that wearing clothes limited his mobility even more. It was a nightmare at times, and he couldn't blame himself for how he use to feel.

Stretching in the tree, he offered a yawn to go with it as a grin played across his lips. "You could say that, yeah. My home away from home. I don't blame you though, it's a great park, and there's some hideaways here that make fantastic nap spots. Though those are more reserved for summer, when it's actually warm and you're not depending on sunlight to keep you from shivering." Blinking a bit, he turned his attention back to the man before him. "A tour guide? I suppose I could. Not doing anything important." That was a strange thought to think about.

Pushing off from the tree, he took to brushing his pants off before running a hand through his hair with a grin towards the other man. "I'm more of an outside sorta person. And I mean no harm by the comment. It's just a weird habit of mine, picking out scents that seem out of place from the surrounds I'm in. Nothing bad, I swear." He really shouldn't have said anything. It was a pain explaining to people without coming out and saying "I've got the sense of smell of a fox!" Yeah. No. It didn't work like that.

Taking a few steps forward, he kept his hands in his pockets as he shrugged at the other's comment. "I suppose. Though wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about anything? Like, just sleeping wherever because you want a nap, and not having to worry about someone trying to mug you. It'd be great." Again he shrugged, knowing that in this town, it'd never happen. If it wasn't someone trying to mug you, it was the police hauling you off because they thought you were a menace.

Tilting his head at the question of his name, he gave a small nod. "Theo. Or Theodor if you're a proper sort. Though I prefer Theo. But I guess Kid works fine, if you're more comfortable with it." He couldn't help the small laugh that came from him. God, he was acting a lot like Chase. "Sorry, I've been cooped up around my Partner too long. I'm normally more laid back and quiet, not as cocky and smart-mouthed as this. But what about you? What's your name Mr. Runner?"

Words: 543; Tags!: Zev!; Outfit: outfit

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Jun 30 2014, 09:18 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 701

It was hard to not at least smile as the kid laughed. He was making an effort to keep the conversation going with Zev and that said something. It wasn't every day that a stranger was so willing to talk to the tall, gruff, unruly haired Zev. And so he smiled, awkwardly. Seemed this redhead didn't mind his profanity laced speech, thankfully. And there was something nice, something easy going, about the way he referred to spring as a she. "Yeah, she really is," he said back, quietly, the same awkward yet earnestly friendly smile on his mouth.

The redhead was confident, too! It amazed Zev how sure some people were of themselves, how at ease they seemed to be with the person they were. He couldn't help but admire and completely envy that quality in others. To feel that secure in yourself, to acknowledge the qualities within you that were strong or unique...it was a place Zev would like to get to. Dwelling on it just made him frustrated, but this guy was a confident thing and Zev couldn't help but let out a short bark of a laugh.

The thought of curling in a tree branch to sleep was appealing, but Zev knew he was too large, too ungainly for that. And yet the thought of scrambling up a tree, using his limbs like an animal, it was appealing. When the redhead offered to actually take Zev up on that tour guide thing, it caught him completely off guard. He was just joking before, right? When he said he could use a guide...wasn't that just small talk? Was he doing the small talk thing wrong again? Zev's hand crept up to his sweaty hair, a nervous gesture, and he peered at the guy. "Really? You'd really do that? 'Cause fuck, if I'm being honest, I have no idea where I'm going. I just kind of...run." His small talk was getting more honest.

Scents. He mentioned scents and the phrase made Zev's ears burn. Who was this kid and how was he so at ease with just saying something like that? Something that most people would take as a completely strange comment. "Yeah," he said, his voice trailing off. "I guess I do probably smell bad. Sweaty and all, even in the cold." Part of him wanted to say he often felt the same way, noticing scents, of all things, that didn't seem to fit. Like the way this kid didn't seem to completely fit with the other people he usually surrounded himself with. Though Zev kept unsavory company most days. This guy was far from unsavory.

"God, yeah, that'd be nice." Who was this kid?! Zev could feel the tension in his shoulder lessen and he could feel another grin appear on his lips, his sharp teeth slowly appearing. "It would make things a thousand times easier." He could feel the grin stay on his lips as he leaned towards his conversation partner. "Though what do you got to worry about?" It wasn't fair to make assumptions. The kid was friendly and seemed to have a generally sunny personality, but one never knew just what someone else had been through. As if Zev didn't know that himself.

"Heh, kid. Theo it is, then. I'm not the proper sort, but if I seem that way, I appreciate it.""Oh yeah? It's this winter, man. Like hibernating. The worst. I'm Zev. I'd offer a handshake but..." He held up his hands that were still clammy from a combination of his run and his nerves. And, to be honest, he didn't want to extend his hand, to engage in the polite human contact that most people engaged in on a daily basis. Zev glanced around, looking up both ways of the path. "So, Theo, park guide. Uh, which way leads toward the exit?"

----------

(late reply is laaate <3 )

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Nov 8 2014, 09:37 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
Smiling at the older man before him, Theo felt as if he were making some sort of breaking ground with the runner who had pulled him from his nap. He seemed like the type who usually had troubles talking to others, which reminded Theo of himself when he first crossed over. When he was still scared and fretting over small things, even if cars aren't all that small. There was a part of him that wanted to at least make him as comfortable as possible. Well, try to, if anything. He wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep the other man's attention, and didn't know if the other would really want him tagging around.

Chuckling softly, he tucked his hands behind his head, fingers burying in the back of his hair as he grinned at the guy with a nod. "It's not a problem. It wasn't like I had anything really planned for the day anyways. At least not until later in the day." Which would only consist of flopping over Chase's lap and talking about how their day went. He could just imagine Chase's reaction to Theo helping this guy out. Oh look at you, Dora! Trying to be a Knight in Shining Armor. What am I gonna do with you?

Chase could be a real smartass at times.

Eyes widening a bit, Theo quickly took to shaking his head, arms coming down in front of him with his palms extended. Shit. "Oh no! No, no, no! I wasn't meaning it like that! It's just... ya know... There's a certain smell you get when it's still chilly out. Anything could have probably caught my attention." Shit. Shit. Shit. "I'm not saying that you stink! Honest!" Slightly panicked, he ran a hand through his hair, wanting nothing more in the world than to just sink into a puddle and disappear forever. God he wasn't trying to sound like that. "I was just in a different state of mind and I guess my nose was the one working overtime to make up for my lack of eyesight or something." Smooth Theo. Real smooth.

Though it seemed it didn't phase him as bad as he thought it would have, and his panicking was short-lived as he agreed with his thought process of being able to sleep wherever without distraction. He pleased him thinking that there was another who thought the same as him.

Nodding in agreement with the man, Zev; as he introduced himself, Theo chuckled. "It's alright, honest." Turning his head to the left, he clicked his tongue against the back of his teeth. "Well, it really all depends on what part you live on, unless you just wanna find an exit. I can imagine you're hungry after all that running."

Words: 473; Tags!: Zev!; Outfit: outfit

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Feb 24 2015, 11:45 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 450

Zev watched the kid. He hoped it wasn't coming off like an animal stalking his prey when in reality, Zev was just impressed by the smaller redhead. He seemed so easygoing. They were both technically adults, and Zev of course didn't feel threatened by the kid. But Theo wasn't threatened by Zev? Didn't everything about Zev, now drenched in sweat and in running clothes, scream danger, stay away?

Zev knew he wasn't a danger most days. He wasn't feeling bad or that an outburst was going to explode out of him. The running helped. It kept his mind clear and focused which he always forgot he needed. So why not let the redhead lead him through the intricacies of the park?

"Really? I mean if you need to get back, don't worry about me. Heh. Really. Whatcha got planned later?" He was curious and couldn't help himself. He tried to smile warmly with his pointed teeth behind his lips, but it came out as a strained, tight lipped smile. He felt like a child, but he couldn't ignore the feeling deep in his gut: he wanted plans. He wanted someone to meet up with after his run, after he showered and cleaned up. Zev wanted someone who wanted to see him too.

Child. He chewed the inside of his lip to try and force the thought from his mind. Zev was distracting himself so when Theo suddenly appeared in front of him on the ground, his body snapped back to alertness. Zev's lips curled into a startled grin. "Heh, it's okay, it's okay. I was running multiple miles. But I...I kinda get it. The cold air has that certain...scent." So did Theo. There was something animal in the air.

God, the kid was more anxious than Zev had felt a few moments ago. He put his palms up, as if the gesture could calm him. "Really," he said, a little gruffly. "It's really okay. I take no offense and if I did, that's probably the least offensive thing I've been called in awhile." To that, his grin eased into something more genuine.

Was Theo...inviting him to do something? Zev could feel his eyes squint involuntarily as he looked over the redhead. He was feeling skeptical about it all, and at the same time...well, look at this kid! He seemed about as innocent, and nice, as they got. "I'm far from here, but it's worth the trek. Just need some...trees sometimes, you know? And actually, yeah," he started, shoving his hands into the pockets of his shorts. His stomach had been gurgling after a few miles. Zev wasn't always the best at eating at normal hours. Self care, while he knew it was important, wasn't always on the top of his list.He had little cash on him, enough for something small. "You know a place? Somewhere cheap would be good."

----------

(omg another late reply, i'm sorry ilu <3 )

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 12:36 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
With a shrug of his shoulder, he offered a smile to the older man. "It's not a problem. Really. Just dinner at home. Nothing special." More an likely it would be followed by a movie and some kisses. Maybe more. Really it depended on the mood they were both in. "Besides, it's always a good thing to make new acquaintances. You know, more friends are always a good thing. At least that's what I've been told." There was another casual shrug with a small laugh. It was just who he was. What could he say?

A relived sigh escaped his lips as the other man seemed to understand. Good. He didn't have to worry about trying to explain it. That was good, 'cause he was certain he wouldn't be able to actually get by with it.

Grinning, he found his hands resting behind his head once again. The slight hint of confusion on Zev's face left him feeling a little on the smug side. He was getting kinda good at figuring things out with other people. "Trees make the best resting places. Especially in the summer, when you can actually reach the breezes up in their limbs. Sometimes that means finding a place far from home." As long as there was a place for him to relax while he gathered himself, and the knowledge that there was always a place for him to go, then that was all that mattered.

Chuckling, he gave a casual nod to the other male. "Yeah. It's a really good deli. If you're into eating thick sandwiches, that is. They've got some really good strawberry soda too. Again, if you're into that. The price is so-so, but you get a lot for your buck. I usually end up taking half of it home and eating it for later. There's also a noddle shop not too far from there, if you want something cheaper?" Another casual shrug of his shoulder, he rocked back on the heels of his Converse as he waited for an answer.

Words: 341; Tags!: Zev!; outfit

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: May 16 2015, 04:29 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 406

Zev could feel an involuntary curve appear to his lips. Was that a smile? It was close to one and it was genuine. The warmth that came with it took Zev by surprise by it and the accompanying feeling that Theo had someone to have dinner with. He felt odd about that. It was a strange reminder that everyone, most people, had someone, whether someone they loved or just friends. Zev wasn't entirely alone. There were a few people he considered...close to a friend. He wondered how Theo could live so happily, so eager to talk to the sweating stranger in the park. Though what did he really know about Theo?

He was kind. That's what he knew. "Sounds nice," he said about Theo's plans in a voice that was trying to be nonchalant. Good to make new friends...acquaintances. "Agreed," he added with a little snort and grin. "So I've been told too. If only it was that easy for..." His voice trailed off as he gestured to himself. He didn't mean to say that last part out loud, but there it was. Something about the kid that made him feel like he could say whatever.

The ease in which he stood, just chatting away, impressed Zev. That he could just hang out like that in public. Zev glanced up at the treetops as Theo talked about them and studied their limb-like look against the sky. He liked it. "Sounds nice. Wonder if that thing could support me." A sudden primal urge overtook Zev and took a lot in him to keep from sprinting to the tree and hurling himself up the branches. The thought of perching above and looking down, getting his hands dirty, was appealing.

"Deli sounds good, one of my favorite things about this place, but strawberry soda's new to me." Meat and sweets, it sounded good to him and appealed to both his werewolf and Halloween side, those two innate sides he couldn't quite see. "I could be into that," he said casually, shrugging, hoping Theo couldn't hear his stomach growl and laugh at Zev's attempt at ease.

"Nah, let's do the deli. If you still want to?" Was it weird to be doing this with some kid you just met? Normally Zev would worry but his hunger was winning out. "So, which way?" He wished his junky running shorts had pockets for him to thrust his hands into. "And when you're not hangin' in tree tops, whatcha do?"

----------

(zev wants to be your friiiiend )

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jul 2 2015, 07:03 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
As a smile slowly started to spread across Zev's lips, Theo felt a swell in his heart. He was doing something nice for a stranger. Extending his hand and offering a friendship that could possibly change lives. The thought caused him to smirk a bit. He wasn't that special to change anyone's life like that, but it was possible that he was at least making a good impression on the man before him. Hopefully for the other young adults that were in his age range.

Tilting his head to the side, he couldn't help but wonder if what Zev was going to say was demeaning to himself. It caused him to wrinkle his nose as his thumbs hooked into the loops of his pants. That sort of attitude wasn't going to work. At least right now. "It shouldn't be a problem. Not at all." Glancing back at the tree that he was hiding in, he could only give a casual shrug. "If large cats in the forests can hide in tree branches, nothing's too extreme." Turning his attention back to the male before him, he made sure there was an assuring smile on his face before he continued with his conversation.

Nodding his head in agreement, he could already taste the chilled meat on his tongue with the satisfying crunch of the dill pickle spear that would be washed down with his favorite soda. "Seriously? You haven't had Strawberry Soda? Oh that makes my heart hurt inside...." Placing a hand to his chest, he joking acted like his world was about to come down before he started to chuckle.

He really had been around Chase too much.

"Totally. The deli is calling our names, can you hear it?" Pressing a finger to his lips, he leaned to his right, as if pretending to hear the faint sounds of their names in the wind. "You will not be disappointed, I promise." Holding up his hand he jokingly added, "Scouts Honor." before taking that first step backwards in the general direction of their lunch. "It's a little ways this way, but not too far. If all else fails you can always take a cab home. Give your legs a rest. But we'll see how you feel after you stuff your face full of freshly cut pastrami and turkey. That is, if you're into that sort of thing."

Falling into a casual stroll, his arms came to fold behind his head, hands clasping at his neck. Tilting his head as Zev asked what he did, he smiled at the male. "Usually I'm either at the Animal Shelter volunteering or working at this little Thrift Store not too far from my old place. When I'm not hanging in the trees I'm trying to get my boyfrie-um... my uh.. Partner to do their half of the chores." A lump swallowed in his throat as he thought about how the guy walking beside him would feel about him being in a relationship with another male.

It wasn't that he was ashamed. It was far beyond that. He loved Chase and wasn't afraid to show it, but he knew all too well how this world worked with those who weren't "straight." Biting his lip, he quickly laughed it off and changed the subject to him.

"What about you, Mystery Runner? You look like you could tear a forest apart with your lumberjack skills." Please don't think differently about me.

Words: 578; Tags!: Zev!; outfit; FRANDS! 8D

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 07:32 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

TAGGED: SOLAR | WORD COUNT: 640

Though he didn't know much about Theo, Zev could tell that the redhead's attitude was something quite different than his own. Zev leaned more towards self deprecating humor that was more insecurity than it was actual humor. He knew what he was. He was large, unruly, unpredictable, and not easily approachable. This kid was friendly, an optimist, and willing to, apparently, give anyone a chance. Maybe it was the fact that Zev was in running clothes, second hand shoes and someone else's gear. Maybe that made him look more approachable, a little less gruff. Mostly, he thought he just looked a little gross, sweating from running a few miles.

But it felt good, both the high of running outdoors and having a somewhat normal conversation with someone else. The kid seemed normal enough. And who was Zev to judge anyways? He snorted a little at the comment about large cats in trees. "You seen that before? Not in this park, I hope." He imagined a mountain lion lounging above them, lazily licking its chops. Something within him, plucking at his veins, made him feel competitive. He could make it up that tree, could totally throw his body towards the branches and move with an animal grace he hated to think he possessed.

"Hah, no, never had it. Should probably drink that stuff more often." His usual drink choices were whiskey and cheap beer. It couldn't hurt to replace some of that alcohol with sugar. He laughed again at the kid as he put a hand to his heart. What a goof. "Oh yeah, I hear it," he said, cupping a hand to his own ear.

The kid was too much, Scouts Honor and all. Zev shook his head, a little embarrassed at how much he was enjoying the kid's theatrics. Good to know he wasn't the only weirdo out there. "Sounds good, let's do it." He took a step forward as Theo took a step back. "Man, a cab would be good. But I think it's subway and maybe more running for me." He grinned at the mention of meat, his white pointed teeth glinted in the light. "Oh yeah, I'm into that. You can't judge at what I'll probably order." He said it with a light self consciousness. He was easily going to order something with several layers of meat and bread.

Isn't that a thing you were supposed to ask? What do you do? It was a stupid question to ask, as if what you do defined everything about you. It also invited the question back. Stupid. Answering that was never that easy for Zev Manon.

Zev cocked his head at boyfriend and tried to smile warmly, to show no harm. Whatever if the kid had a boyfriend. It didn't bother Zev either way. At least Theo had someone. There it was again, the animal feeling needling his veins. "Sounds pretty nice. You like the animal shelter?" Zev wouldn't mention that dogs made him weirdly uncomfortable and at home. Instead, he said, "Thought about getting a dog, but apartment living, you know? How long you been with your partner?"

Their stroll was casual, slow, and Zev's muscles let out a content sigh. Conversation, it wasn't that hard. Right? But then there was the question asked back: What do you do?

Another snort of laughter at the lumberjack comment. It made sense. "Yeah, I probably could. Would be a bit safer than my current line of work. I, uh...do odd jobs. Not really the resume, business casual type." He shrugged, wishing he had pockets to shove his hands into. "I'm starting to do some woodworking, hoping to get to making furniture one day." He didn't normally tell that, but he felt he could say it in front of Theo. And he had to change the subject.

----------

(sorry for the wait, bby <3)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Aug 30 2015, 09:14 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

where would you stand
In the beginning, Theo wasn't sure where this random encounter would have led, but as their conversation continued, he found himself pleased with how he followed his nose. Even if the scent of musk was still overpowering, the fact that he was making a difference in this man's life made him feel good inside. Maybe this was how Chase felt when he would reach out to others. Theo really needed to do this more often.

"You won't be sorry, trust me. Nothing's better than Strawberry Soda. Well, maybe chicken, but in the drink section: it's the best." At least in his eyes, but he wasn't against pushing anything strawberry into other's faces. Strawberries were the best things to happen to him, and he wanted to share his addiction with the world.

A grin grew on his face as Zev played along with him. That was a good sign. The older man wasn't afraid to be casual and have a bit of fun. "Cabs are so-so, I guess. If I can't walk there then I don't plan on going." Vehicles were not one of his favorite things. Which, as he thought about it, he felt the need to add something, but he wasn't sure how to explain a fear of something that was sought after in this world. Maybe Zev wouldn't take much mind to it. "I won't judge you, so long as it isn't a salad." He followed the statement with a joking laugh, knowing that he wouldn't judge either way. At least not too hard.

There was a short silence after his question about what the other man did, and as Theo continued to stride backwards, he started to feel guilty as the silence grew louder. Maybe he shouldn't have asked it, or maybe it was too sudden of a turn from where their conversation had once been? He wasn't sure as he watched the other with intent blue eyes. The last thing he wanted to do was upset the other. It only got made worse at the mention of him having a boyfriend, and Theo felt he could have kicked himself.

Zev recovered though, and while Theo felt a little more guarded than before, he made a mental note to not to bring it back up again. Even if he was okay with it, he didn't want to risk anything.

"Yeah. It's not as bad as some people may think. The animals are amazingly sweet and want nothing more than someone to keep them company." A small sigh escaped his lips as he glanced up at the sky. It was a crying shame what this world did to animals they didn't want anymore. Even in his world, it was obvious how unwanted animals were treated. What had they ever done to deserve that sort of treatment? "Most apartments don't mind a dog. Or animals in general. You just gotta ask what their rules are. Sometimes there's an additional fee, but so long as you follow said rules and keep your pet happy, all's well that ends well. You have a friend. Your pet has a friend, and the apartment owners don't have to worry about cleaning up after a careless owner." Maybe he could suggest a breed for him, like he'd managed Chase.

His question, however, through Theo off and he stumbled a bit as he tried to catch himself. Pausing for a short moment, he stared wide-eyed at Zev. He was curious about his boyfriend? Well damn. "Oh. Well, uh. A-about...." Trying to calculate the time in his mind, his mind wandered to that first kiss. That confrontation in the park. It made his cheeks grow hot and he had to shake his head before answering. "A-about seven months or so? Gi-give or take..." He followed it with a casual shrug in attempt to keep himself from looking like a love-struck fool. Chase would be rolling on the ground so hard right about now if he could see him. Either that or he would have pulled him close and acted all tempting.

Thankful that the other man quickly took to his earlier question, Theo continued walking in the general direction of food, and he nodded as the other spoke. "That sounds pretty awesome, actually. Working with wood and stuff. Do you make like, toys, or just something casual like birdhouses or whatnot?"

Words: 731; Tags!: Zev!; outfit; FRANDS! 8D

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.