Add Reply
New Poll

Where's My [WONDERLAND], Leon//Mira
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 02:02 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

the girl thats never been
Save me, save me, I've lost my memory I'm outside the world looking in Save me, save me, I'm lost in the memory -- Oh, the ways I tried to get back there again Try to move on, don't be sad -- so I placed a personal ad

Meandering her way through the clearing forest, Alice couldn't help but scold herself mentally for venturing out so far. She couldn't find Wonderland, as much as it depressed her. She was lucky enough to find the Portal again. That in itself took a long enough time, what with all the questions she had to ask and all the people she had to seek out. But try as her conscious tried to tell her it was right, she could only shake her head gently, fair blonde hair falling over her shoulder as she placed a hand to a tree and surveyed her surroundings. She needed to go, to find Wonderland once more.

It was an itch that she couldn't scratch for years since she was first brought over to New York. Taken from her home, from those she grew found of, while she was struck with sickness. It wasn't fair, she would tell her parents again and again when they tried to reason with her. "You're too young." and "It isn't real." Responses she quickly grew tired of as she would stomp her foot and demanded to know what happened. Why she was suddenly unable to play with the younger girls her age at the Complex.

Her sister, bless her, was the only one who had made an effort to inform little Alice of what had gone on. Though she had to swear to her that she wouldn't tell. That she would accept, even if she had to fake it, the life they had right now. That she wasn't a little girl anymore.

Sighing softly, she placed a hand to her cheek as she closed her eyes for a moment. Those were dreadfully boring years. She agreed, a stubborn look upon her face, and eventually came to believe the stories her parents told her. Oh how gullible she had been back then. Gently she pushed from the tree and continued onward, curious to know if she were going in the right direction. It was getting late, and while she told Hollis she were out running errands, something told her he would be quite upset if she didn't come home. He would shake his head and 'tsk' at her for crossing the Portal by herself, possibly with a hurt look on his expression as he wondered why she didn't ask him to accompany her.

The thought crossed her mind, it honestly did, to ask him if he would help her find Wonderland once more. Memories of how his eyes would grow dark and he would lose a bit of his carefreeness would flash across her mind when the state of Wonderland was mentioned was the final decision not to. If it was in that bad of shape, she knew he wouldn't willingly let her go, even with him in tow.

However, her trip thus far had been uneventful, and she was rather pleased of that. Memories of her sister telling her the horrors that laid wait in the shadows as they ventured with a group as they sought safety never failed to make a chill run down her spine. Perhaps they were in tow with the Jabberwock, or the JubJub? No, they couldn't- otherwise that meant the Queen were behind it, and even Alice knew she wouldn't put her kingdom in such distress.

Or maybe she had? She was mad, after all. Perhaps she had finally snapped.

Clicking her tongue against the inner wall of her cheek, she wrinkled her nose as her hands tucked into the pockets of her apron. It astounded her how the Portal knew her traditional attire: the blue gingham dress with the delicate white apron with her plain Mary Janes and sheer white stockings. Funny how somethings never changed, even as she felt herself shrinking when she first crossed over. It was a most unpleasant experience that she cared to not go through again, but seeing as she wasn't in her mid twenties on this side, only a mere teenager if that, her body wasn't as tall as she grew accustomed to. She would remember that, the next time she decided to cross over- that was if she ever decided upon it again.

Unlike some others, she had been able to keep her memories after Hollis appeared in her life once more. Not a day passed by that she didn't forget about that eventful Halloween evening. She still felt terrible for passing out like she did, completely useless as Hollis miraculously managed to find her flat. A faint smile appeared on her lips as she knew how the rest of the story panned out. She was reunited with the Cheshire Cat, and had fallen for the clever creature in their time together. The blush that crossed her cheeks as she continued walking along the pathway brought the rush of emotion as he so seriously stated his own love for her not too long ago. It was a beautiful day, and one she would cherish for years to come, even if she started crying and made the paint upon her face run. It was worth it. He was worth it.

Lost in her thought, she was completely at loss when the sound of snapping twigs caught her ears. Frozen in shock, she tensed as her eyes grew wide- this wasn't safe. She possibly wasn't safe, just a young girl all on her own in a forest clearing.

"H-hello?," she called out in a meek tone. Fear started to grow in the pit of her stomach, and she knew that she would have to loosen up in case she needed to run. "Is-is anyone out there?" Her teeth took in her lower lip as she chewed on it, this was a rather dense idea Alice, why ever did you think it would be safe to venture here all by yourself?

tag: OPEN! | words: 979 | notes: this is/was around end of July/beginning of Aug last year >_> | ♥ amanda

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Feb 11 2014, 12:55 PM
164 POSTS
6'0"
hüzün (n.) a melancholy resulting from inadequacy or failure and weighing so heavily that it becomes communal, resigned, and even curiously poetic
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

I'LL KEEP QUIET - YOU WONT EVEN KNOW I'M HERE
L
eon was a man of many skills, but one of the skills he never thought he'd gain was the ability to guide lost people away from the dangers of the woods that were throughout the Darkness. Somehow he figured people would keep away thanks to common sense. Something inside him told him that people would leave and never look back. But he supposed there were all sorts of motivations that would tempt a person back under the thick and tangled canopy of dark trees that he knew all too well. But no matter how noble or heartfelt a person's desire was that led them right into those dangerous woods - it still was not a good idea. It was still quite a dangerous trek through the woods. And Leon knew all too well that a long stretch of woods that a person might have known back when the world was decent...well, that same stretch of woods could house all manner of things unknown. In short - the very woods could turn on you in a moment's notice without warning. And so the fact that Leon found many corpses in these woods and their neighbors didn't seem all too difficult a fact to grasp. He only hoped today was not a day he would find a corpse. He rather hoped to catch a person before they became another collection of bones to put into an unmarked grave.

With his bow in hand and a quiver full of arrows at his back, Leon ventured through the woods as quiet as a shadow. He knew there were wild beasts that hunted here and food was so scarce that they were little more than bone. They looked skeletal and supernatural, only their inhuman hunger keeping them alive. And keen eyes that knew what to look for were sweeping the spots he could see, while trained ears listened for what he could not see. He smelled the scent of something different from the musk and mildew of stale air or the tarnished scent of dying plants. It was slight but it did mean that someone was here and they didn't belong in these woods. Hell, nobody belonged in these woods. The very idea meant you had to be a ghost, insane, or wishing for either. And so he crouched down to the ground, a hand upon the dirt that barely had a pulse thanks to the suffocating Darkness - but still it spoke to him.

Uncareful steps to the west. A slower pace following behind.

Leon stood and his feet gathered quickness in pace, pulling an arrow out and setting it carefully against the bow. Every motion fluid and quiet while he ventured after whoever it was because they were in danger. They were being followed. It was unlikely that a pair would travel so far apart, and especially with one person careful and pacing behind as their partner carried on in front without a care in the world. That savored strongly of one being hunted. Of predator and prey. And if Leon didn't feel like digging another six foot hole then he would have to let his feet fly past all the tangled and wickedly splintered trees until he found this person and their assailant. He only hoped he would get there in time.

Finding the trails of the person that was walking through the woods unknowing of the danger they were in, that trail was easy enough to find. Smaller shoes. Female if the narrowness was any indication. They were delicate in their steps as well, the pressure in the heel was nearly as balanced as the pressure of the ball of the foot. Petite feet, shorter since the changed scent lingered considerably lower than his own chin, and whoever she was she very obviously didn't know the way. Her path was all over the place, there was no direct route. And so Leon knew he was close when he saw the very faint nearly invisible tracks of a wild beast crossing those female tracks and pacing around them in a circular motion as Leon continued on. The beast was pacing and waiting, likely wanting to scare the girl before chowing down. Which meant a few things. A few very unhappy things.

If the thing was willing to play with it's prey then it was no rabid and hungry thing, it was a fierce predator that likely was fed every week or so. No doubt claiming the lives of wanderers like this poor girl and heathen animals all over the Darkness. A cannibalistic survivor perhaps. Which made Leon glad that he had his ax strapped to his back just in case an arrow would not do the trick - which, sadly, was likely. The thing had light tracks as though it knew how to not be caught, but Leon had also seen just how large they were. A large beast. A chimera if the intellect and size were any sign at all. Either way Leon wanted nothing more than to curse as he hadn't yet seen the girl while circling her the other way, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of life.

Thankfully he found her quick enough. Blue dress and blonde hair, the very epitome of innocence with her little white gingham and polished shoes. Leon now looked past her, following in the shadows, and tried to keep an eye out for the thing that was following her with intent to kill. It all happened in a flash then. A little snap of the twigs parallel to Leon and to the side of the girl. Her turning around and asking if anyone was there. And Leon running as swift as he could through the trees and out into the open with his bow and arrow set for the thing that was coming right for the poor girl with it's red eyes.

He let the arrow fly and he was nearly at her side when the thing snarled in pain, the arrow missing the heart and instead dodged from it's position to kill - hitting the shoulder instead. But that did not deter the monster. It was hideous and hungry and it jumped at the girl ready to rip her head right off. But Leon was right there with his hand already white-knuckling the handle of the ax at his back, swinging as he pushed the beast away from the girl and hearing the satisfying sound of knowing he had hacked at the neck of the monster. The pained and angry growl heard right above him as the beast fell upon him and the creature's fowl blood stained the arm of his jacket as Leon braced it above his head to help keep the thing from crushing him completely.

It only took a few more strikes at the beasts neck before it was dead - but in that time it had gotten a good scratch in that sliced through the back of Leon's leather jacket, tearing through and cutting at the flesh of his shoulder. After feeling the creature go limp with death as blood gushed from the open wound from the hacking at it's neck, Leon pushed it from atop him and he managed to stand. He winced as he eyed the fresh blood of his own through the tears in his jacket and he sighed after cracking his neck and looking over at where the girl stood, wondering if she had stayed there the whole time or ran away. Either way, she was safe from at least one monster that would have had her between his jaws as a midnight snack.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 12:48 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Save me, save me, I've lost my memory I'm outside the world looking in Save me, save me, I'm lost in the memory -- Oh, the ways I tried to get back there again Try to move on, don't be sad -- so I placed a personal ad

No more than the sound of snapping twigs reached her ear had she asked if anyone were there. In that moment, everything happened so sudden. From behind her burst a tall man, slender and swift with his bow loaded and aimed. Spinning quickly on her face she gasped loudly, covering her mouth as the horrifying sound of a beasts snarl almost deafened her. Stumbling back as the archer shoved past her she found she couldn't make a sound. Her voice had left her in fright as she watched the horrifying events unfold before her.

It was nothing like anything she could have imagined, ever. Stories of the Bandersnatch and Jabberwock raced quickly through her mind as Hollis' twisted grin flashed before her face. Was that what had discovered her? A wicked beast with claws that scratched and teeth that bit? A permanent plan etched in it's mind as the Queen's shrill voiced screamed "Off with her head!"?

She was shaking when the archer finally stood, completely unable to properly function. She wasn't designed for something such as this. Something as terrifying as watching a beast be hacked at, or to see blood spill from fresh wounds. She was a delicate creature, one who was made of pure innocence and was more than content to stay inside and sip on her cup of milk and honey. Her downfall was her curiosity however, and as it was- it had gotten her into this frightful mess.

Why ever had she listened to herself?

Staring at the man who had rescued her, she found herself unable to stand any longer, her legs giving out as her rear came to thump on the hard ground below her. With shaking hands, she covered her eyes in a delayed reaction as she tried to shield herself from the terrors that had unfolded before her, and perhaps to save herself from whatever might happen.

Peeking through her shaking fingers, she could only stare at the wounded man with wide blue eyes.

Wounded? "Oh goodness!," she cried out, scrambling to get up with shaky hands as she reached into the pockets of her dress. "Y-you're hurt. Please. Take this." In an attempt to steady her hands she bit down on her lower lip as she held out the handkerchief, an attempt to help the man before her. She wasn't sure why she got this sudden rush of adrenaline, but something deep in the back of her mind told her that it was a polite thing to do. That it was the least she could do after he had saved her.

Unless he was planning on taking her out as well? Fear seized in her throat as she stood perfectly still this time, all warmth draining from her face at the thought.

tag: LEON! | words: 468 | notes: oh dear, Alicebby what'd you get yourself into? | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Mar 8 2014, 12:12 PM
164 POSTS
6'0"
hüzün (n.) a melancholy resulting from inadequacy or failure and weighing so heavily that it becomes communal, resigned, and even curiously poetic
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

S
he couldn't have been much older than Red when Leon had pulled her right from the belly of the wolf that had swallowed her up. So often Leon had forgotten the sight of the young girl if only because now she was grown and he saw her on a weekly basis and even before that he had trained her as she grew into a young woman. The vision of the time of Red as a weeping and broken little girl had come back to him full force now though - seeing this girl and her terror-filled eyes had sent it coming back like a wave. He remembered the sweetness of Red as she hugged Leon and, even with his gruff and coarse ways, he had allowed her to. He had actually laid a hand upon her back and hugged the tiny girl back, trying his best to comfort her after such a hellish ordeal. And this girl seemed to have the same kind of sweetness to her, offering a handkerchief to him. And no matter how hardened he was after so many years of hunting and anger and the hunger for vengeance eating away at him - no matter all of that he understood the gesture and he took the little piece of cloth with a silent nod to the girl. A kind of 'thank you' as he held it in his hand and yet couldn't dream of sullying such a nice pretty piece of white fabric with the horrible crimson of fresh blood.

It was, in many ways, just like a metaphor you might have seen in his world of magic and fairy tales where young girls were once pristine and innocent and yet tainted the moment blood and the jaws of a wolf were involved. It was such an epitome to him that he looked at the little white fabric as though it were something much much more than a simple woven piece of cloth. It was a representation of the innocence of this girl, and even Red, and how he would never willingly see it sullied in blood. Never would he let it dirty or ruin. He tucked the handkerchief away in a pocket for safekeeping and he would worry about all of the poetic meaning of it later, right now he was feeling the dull throb of pain in his wound and his eyes fell on the girl again as he spoke.

"Thank you child. Tell me, why are you out in this place without any kind of watcher to keep you safe? Do you have a death wish or were you simply lost?"

It felt rude to ask her about if she wished to die, more often than not it was actually the latter. Lost. Always lost. So many people coming into the horrors of the woods or even the once populated ghost-cities of this place and winding up lost as could be. Leon had always tried to keep these lost souls in mind and he would rush along their trails to find them before they died from a predator's hunger, their own hunger and lack of supplies, or sometimes even just exposure to cold might kill them off. But sometimes...rare but still occurring...were the people that actually did wish for death. It was hard to lose your home and be thrust into another one - Leon understood that. He had gone through it right after thinking he and his people were finally safe. He had been torn from a place right after making it 'safe'. So he understood. But he needed to know if this girl was one of these people that wished only for death - he wasn't so sure how to deal with people like that. Wishing for death was something he had thought about many a time but would always chide himself with the face of his pretty wife and his darling child in the back of his mind as a testament that he shouldn't ever wish for something that was robbed from those he loved.

So he let her answer the question about merely being lost or wishing for death but he also looked ahead of them and down the length of the woods that the girl had been headed towards. He looked back to her, trying to be softer now with the darkness of the whole event still lingering over them and the sour smell of blood and the hiss of the question about wishing for death still stinging much like his wound now was. He was never one for sugar coating or being 'nice' as some would have preferred he be. But still, he would try for this little flower of a girl. He would protect her and try not to be a grump as he did so.

"Are you headed for a place? If you are then I may know a way or help you find it perhaps," and he heard the echoes of the wolf that Red had known from the forest that day echoing in his mind. But oh the contrast of a wolf being mischievous and trying to swallow a girl and her grandmother up when such trickiness was compared to Leon now in his attempt to help this girl. Yes. He would help her. He would help her because it was the right thing, because he was able to, and because he would be the complete opposite of the wolf and help a girl instead of leading her to her ruin.

He would never let anything sully the white of the handkerchief just as he would never let any harm come to the purity and kindness of an innocent.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 09:53 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Gently her hands twisted the apron upon her dress as she looked down at the ground while the man silently looked at her small offering. She knew it was hardly anything to help with the mess that he was in, but it was polite and the least she could do to amend for what she had done. What was she thinking, coming out here without someone to take care of her? Apparently he were reading her thoughts as he all but voiced the same think she had thought of moments ago. Lifting her gaze, large blue eyes became hidden behind her lids and long lashes as she blinked a few times before parting her lips to answer him.

"I was.. well you see..." Her lower lip found it's way between her teeth as she thought of the proper way to address what she was doing to the man.

Without a second thought her hands bunched at her side, grabbing a handful of fabric as she curtsied to him, bowing her head low as the Queen of Hearts had once told her to do. It was, even if the dreadful woman wasn't, a polite gesture that was also mixed with her thanks. "You see, I was just looking for a home that once was. A place were everything is what it is, but isn't all at once. Somewhere very close to me and my partner's hearts." He needn't know about Wonderland, for fear of him being a hunter of the Queen. Even if a small inkling of a thought told her she was safe with him.

His question hung in the air for a short while as she pondered the thought. Maybe he was a helper, one of those special people who made it their life to helping those unfortunate enough to be on the wrong side of this whole ordeal. Slowly she nodded, her hands resting upon her stomach as she bowed her head once again, as if she were being scolded. This was not the place for someone as innocent as she, even if she were gaining an attitude on the other side. "Th-the Portal, actually. My... my searching came up short. And, well- as you can see I apparently seem like a snack for the beasts that dwell here." A soft sigh left her lips as she turned her head from him.

Maybe it was best for her to have never found the Portal again. Her memories were fine, thanks to Hollis' continual attention and presence. But it couldn't be true, there was a small hole inside of her that even he couldn't fill. Time and time again before she completely gave up, she had tried to find the Portal, even without the help of her parents or sister. They knew she wanted to go home- that this wasn't what she wanted, but they were clever. They took her to places that kept her mind off of what happened, of the adventures she'd once had. They'd made her boring, forgetting everything that made her who she was. No, this trip was what she needed, even if she now stood in the presence of a bloodied man and a dead creature who was aiming for her frail neck.

"I would very much like to go home now, Sir." Once more she turned her eyes to him, giving a small nod as her hands stayed resting against her stomach. More than anything she wanted to go home and curl up to Hollis on the couch.

tag: LEON! | words: 589 | notes: oh dear, Alicebby what'd you get yourself into? | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Apr 8 2014, 11:36 AM
164 POSTS
6'0"
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

T
here was something admirable in the fact that this young girl knew when to call it quits. She had said aloud that she was venturing to find the place that was once called her home. Confusing but interesting, apparently, if this description of it being one way but not at the same time was any indication. But still, that was not where she wanted to be now. She was content to be home and across the portal in the safety of the New York world that lay on the other side. And all Leon did was nod once. A silent confirmation that he would help her along her way. And so he jerked his head towards the direction they would be heading now if they were going to go back towards the portal and his voice was flat and toned without much inflection.

"Follow close behind and we can make good time."

And then he turned his heel and started walking - hoping she was behind him and hoping like hell he didn't need to turn back and look to check and see if she was there. Especially every mile or so. If he had to then it would be a terribly long trip. But, all the same, he was sure his mind would be quite distracted anyway. Watching every hiding place along the way back down the path where he had just walked in order to get to her. Walking back over her old prints and losing them after a short time because the poor girl had wandered in quite a loose pattern before getting completely lost. He watched where her prints had come from before cutting through the woods to a place she hadn't yet seen. This place was over-run with lightning bugs that used to once be vibrant warm colors like red and yellow but they now were a dim blue. A hollow glow that was waning with the sadness they now had being trapped in this place. But - even as melancholy as it was - the sight of them flying around and glowing in the tops of the trees in this neck of the woods was gorgeous. And he found himself looking up.

"They know no other home...I suppose if only they could cross they would get their brighter hue back. Their glow I mean."

But even that was just a comfort to tell the girl. They would be humans if ever these little bugs crossed. And they would be broken and sad after having lived in a world like this for so many years. It was a lot like him and he felt his gut clench in sadness before he looked back down to the path and he tightened his jaw. Stern. Distant. Unfeeling. He was not about to compare himself to bugs. He was far more than that and he sad yes, but the past was the past. He was going to leave it in the grave of the village he visited every now and again. And thinking about his home brought his mind back to the girl that, hopefully, was behind him still.

"Tell me about your home. It sounds confusing at best."

He knew he needed to sharpen his people skills with the same precision that he sharpened a hunting knife. But it was easier said than done and he was sorely lacking in the communication skills that it would take to be a proper guide for lost people like some people in the Resistance were. He just lacked social graces and came off too intimidating to be much more than a fearsome thing for anyone to see headed their way if they were already in trouble. There was once that Leon's grim face and tight grip on his weapon had actually sent someone running. Had the girl not already endeared herself to him with the action of giving him the handkerchief then he was certain he would have done what he did for others. Call someone else. It was a matter of calling to a messenger in the neck of the animated world where they were supposed to be posted. Within walking distance or just a whistle away. He had taken to doing just that and leaving the lost person with that messenger or guide and calling it a day.

But, again, he was not about to leave her.

Thus the attempt to make conversation as they made the trip to the portal.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Apr 21 2014, 01:09 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

There was no argument from the young blonde as she followed quickly behind him, one hand reaching out and grabbing onto his cloak. She didn't want to get lost, not for a second time today. Surely Hollis but know she was missing, and she felt terrible for worrying him. She had hoped, with as much gusto as he could muster, that her trip here would have brought her to the place her dear Cheshire held so close to his heart. She just wanted to tell him she had found it once more, and that she was brave enough to to so all by herself. Childish, she knew, but she wanted to prove that she still had her muchness- that being in New York for so long hadn't completely left her bland and boring.

The start of the trip was quiet, and she felt the silence pressing hard against her ears. Silently she hoped it would be like this for long, otherwise she felt she would go simply mad! Even when she was by her lonesome, she still conversed with the small things that crossed her path, in hopes that one of them perhaps knew of the wonders of Wonderland.

Keeping her head down, for fear she would get too curious about one thing or another and attempt to wander off, she found that it had helped her in staying focused on not stumbling over the twigs and brush that they passed through. At least, that was until she bumped into him when he paused. "Oh goodness, do beg my par...don..." Her train of thought seemed to come to a standstill when she looked up to apologize, as the sight of blue fireflies lit up the path before them. They were like little Alice Bugs! All dolled up in blue and milling about with their other firefly friends.

"They're so beautiful..." Her voice was soft, as if she were afraid of chasing them off for speaking too loud. His words were kind, and she couldn't help the small smile that formed upon her lips. "Though, This is all they know. It would be a shame for them to cross over and be stuck in a place they wouldn't know how to function in." It was a saddening thing to think about, but it was the truth. Some people just didn't want to be on the other side.

As quick as the serene moment came, it was gone, and she was stuck silently following him as they continued on their journey. It seemed she would be stuck in this silent turmoil until she made it back home. Quietly she sighed as she kept her head bowed, wondering if there was something she could do to at least keep the silence down without seeming to bothersome.

Blinking suddenly as she snapped her head up to look at the back of her hero, she felt a small smile curl to her lips. Tell him about her home? Oh, would he be up for listening to her talk like she would?

Running her tongue along her lips she took the bold step to come up beside him, her hands twisting about her middle as she thought of how to properly explain it all without giving too much away. Should she tell him about Wonderland? Perhaps he knew of it, even if it were just through stories written in books. "Well, my home itself is pretty bland and boring. Just a small town in England- I lived with my parents and sister. Oh! And my cat, Dinah." Her smile faltered a bit as she wondered how her precious kitten was doing. Had she made it over? Or was she victim to the Darkness that enclosed around them?

"The place I was looking for, however, it much more than my home. It's grand, bursting to life with bright colors that would make ones head spin were they not expecting it. Where bread-and-butterflies would flit about in attempts of avoiding the hungry mouth of the dandilions." A blissful sigh escaped her lips as she placed a hand upon her cheek. "Oh how I miss it dearly, as does my Dear Hollis...."

tag: LEON! | words: 699 | notes: oh dear, Alicebby what'd you get yourself into? | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Apr 27 2014, 08:27 AM
164 POSTS
6'0"
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

H
e listened to her as they mused while looking up at the glowing little creatures. It was a sight indeed. The brilliant and unnatural glow that held no real magic. Leon was usually wary of magic but this seemed neither dark nor light. It seemed...simple. Like a kind of magic that simply existed and held no moral division. It was a simple matter of what it was and he could see it keeping to itself. He had never understood a magic like that but he likened it to the magic of the forests and woods he traveled through. A kind of serene and ethereal magic that was reserved only to be understood by those that created it. A kind of magic that man could not fathom. It was when man tried to wield the magic that Leon became tense. Even with good magic and a white witch there in front of him - the whole of the ideas made him quite uneasy. But as he looked at the little glowing things with Dyann at his side, he realized these little creatures in their simplicity did not make him uneasy. Not in the least.

"Though, This is all they know. It would be a shame for them to cross over and be stuck in a place they wouldn't know how to function in."

Leon actually moved his gaze away from the little glowing things and over to look at his companion. He offered her a small smile and nodded. She was right, of course. She had likely come from a simpler time and been thrust into the confusion of the giant metropolis of New York City as well. That would account for her understanding just how jarring the transition could be.

"You are certainly right. It's quite a change going from a world you know and understand and then walking into a place that is supposed to be your new home and then...then you realize just how confusing and giant the place is. It can be quite an issue."

This was why he and his villagers traveled into the mountains. They had found a town an hour away and they had made their home there. The city held a few stray people that Leon still looked after and some had fallen off the map entirely. Some were still here in this animated world actually. Unwilling to move into the city that the portal held on the other side. They were steadfast or they were old, either way they were set in their ways and unable to be swayed to come with the others. So Leon looked after them too. Making sure they had food, water, supplies, even weapons for the ones that kept the monsters of the Darkness at bay. Any civilization on this side was a target and keeping defenses up was paramount.

"That's why me and my people, the villagers of the town that I helped get out of this place once the Darkness hit, are elsewhere. Still on the other side of the portal - most of us anyway - but buckled down in a town farther away from the city. It gives us room to breathe you see. It reminds us of home I suppose."

He wasn't too sure why he was telling her all of this. It was a far stretch to imagine she actually cared whatever the grumpy bear of a protector had to say but still, he didn't want the travel to lack a civil tone. It wasn't as dire as all that. They could converse without too much ill effect. The problem was that Leon didn't rightly know how to converse. Not that well anyway. He was just not that social of a creature. Not in his old life and certainly not in this one. But trying counted for something right? Sure. Sure it counted. He was counting it and that was that.

And so, as she talked, he listened. And what's more is Leon tried to verbalize the questions that ran through his mind. It was the way conversations occurred he supposed. He would just have to try this more often with people that seemed worth the trouble. And this little girl seemed remarkable and perhaps the same kind of magic as the little glowing creatures they had already passed in their travels. Perhaps she was touched with a bit of something that kept her just a little out of the realm of the boring and the mundane. A girl infused with magic that didn't try and wield it or hold it captive. That was a person worth the trouble in Leon's eyes.

"Your world sounds like how some stories in my world sounded. Like it came straight from a faery story. A tale about kingdoms with glittering castles and princesses enchanted with blessings from godmothers or cursed by goblins. My little village had all the aspects of magic but...we lacked the bright whimsical colors you speak of. We were rather bleak and sad in our existence but we made do."

He smiled a little and then let the bittersweet memory pass, looking over to her as they walked now side by side and he thought to ask her for more detail. It would make the trip seem shorter, he may actually get good practice in the whole 'conversation' attempt, and he seemed all too eager to know more about this world she was looking for. Who knew - maybe he could find it himself. Show her one day. That was...if it still existed.

"But enough about that, I would rather hear about your worlds. Was your England from an older time? You just seem to understand the transition from this time and place to the modern bustle of New York too well to be from a modern time in that England of yours. And if you don't mind...I would like to hear more about your other world too. This one that has you so captivated that you wander out in search of it."

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: May 5 2014, 10:06 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

As he spoke, she was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't a cold and he appeared. That there was something inside of him, while it was struggling, to make an attempt to keep the situation light. Even if it meant listening to her ramble about a word that many only knew through stories. So to hear him explain a bit about himself, or at least the village he came from, she felt the smile creep upon her delicate lips as they continued their journey. "I know far too many people who have gone through the change themselves. Some are able to embrace it with open arms, and many.... well they just end up madder than what they were." It was sad, really. At least when she went into great lengths to think about it she thought it so.

"At least you and your villagers are adapting. Though I shall worry for those who choose to stay on this side. It's simply terrifying, and I am most thankful that you were there. Again, thank you Sir." She gave another nod of her head as she thanked him once more, knowing full well that she wouldn't have made it home if not for him.

Just out of habit, she found herself carried away as he allowed her to speak of the reason she was here. Of the world she longed for in it's technicolor glory. A world that hopefully held the remainder of it's inhabitants. A place Hollis held dear to his heart, and therefore her own. "You could say it's like a story. The other world, at least. My world, England as we shall call it, was much like the other side's England- but as you can imagine much younger. Brought up in a more simple of times where one could sit in the trees and listen to their teachings, despite how dreadfully boring books with no pictures seem to be." She sighed gently as she thought of her sister, curious as to how she was doing. It had been far too long since she'd held contact with her. Perhaps she would call her when she made it home.

Smiling gently, she found her fingers once again playing with the apron of her dress. An old habit, one she simply seemed to have since the first day she could remember. "Oh but my other world. A world of magic and wonder. There are many things there that differ from the world we all know. Why, did you know that rabbits look rather dashing in waistcoats? Or," she had to pause as a giggle slipped past her lips before continuing, "that they cannot keep track of time to save their fur?" Oh that poor White Rabbit. "OH! Also, I should prove to mention this: Mustard is not recommended in fixing a pocket watch that is running two days slow. Though, I do believe sugar and tea doesn't help either, but perhaps that was because he put one scoop too many in?"

Lost in her thought, she quickly covered her mouth as her cheeks flushed red once again. "Oh you must think all of this absolute rubbish!" Sighing softly, her shoulders dropped as she slowly shook her head. It was a shame, really. Hardly anyone fully understood the wonders that resided in Wonderland. Of the singing flowers and hooka smoking caterpillars.

"I wish I could find it again, and I would just show you. It would make sense, well- some sense, I suppose. It would be better than me trying to explain, is what I am saying. If you can understand any of what I have been saying."

tag: LEON! | words: 608 | notes: Bless her | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 12:26 AM
164 POSTS
6'0"
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

W
hen she thanked him again for saving her, he couldn't help but smile. She was quite a gem. A darling girl that he could see in a village like his own stirring up trouble with her curious nature - but never earning anything but admiration from the townfolk. They would speak of the girl with the hair as golden as hay and they would chide her for sneaking off in search of faery-rings or goblin hovels in trees. But then all they would need was a little apology and a look in those blue eyes and they would melt right through to the bone and offer her a tart before sending her off with a little scolding to be more careful. Oh yes, Leon could see it vividly. And he felt a sharp pain in thinking that such a girl as this could be good friends with his daughter. Well... could have been. His daughter was gone now and he was calloused and scarred from it. Hardened in a way that could never be given back. And, in a way, Red was like a second daughter. But see too was adapted from the Darkness and the defense against it. She had to be after what had happened to her. Being swallowed by a wolf would mar anyone's psyche really. And so Leon looked at Dyann with a bit of pain from where he knew his soul rested.

She was all things innocent and pure and it reminded him of the way his daughter would smile. Little freckles on her cheeks from the time she spent in the sunshine. A little snaggle tooth that he would tease her about. Telling her that he tooth faery would never give her more than a shilling and then he would watch as his wife smirked, knowing he was bluffing. Knowing there would be a whole handful of coins if Leon could manage it by the time the tooth fell out. He remembered mornings with his family. Breakfast dappled in sunshine and warm as ever, milk chilled as best it could be and bread fresh from the oven. A kiss from his wife and a tight bear hug from his little girl. The memories stirred inside him like dust being disturbed when walking into what was once an empty room. He waited for the metaphorical dust to settle and for the memories to wash away. They always did. They had to...otherwise how in the world could he survive such pain.

"You are quite welcome. And as for the ones left over here, I worry for them too. I look after them the best I can but there is only so much you can do for a will as strong as it would take to stubbornly stay in world covered in so much darkness. But still, I won't ever give up trying to help. Simply seems like the thing to do."

Helping others was something instilled into Leon and his moral compass from a very young age. The sense of community, family, and value in the better good of the village were all things that each of the people in his little town had learned in their earliest years. It was a thing that connected them all. Links in a chain. Parts of a whole. And so the need to protect his immediate family and the wider spectrum of his community, that was extended family honestly, was something Leon felt when he grew into a man. And it stayed with him ever since. And, as he became the sole person to fight against the supernatural forces that attacked his village, he had felt the heroic muscle strengthening. The sense of purpose and contentment it gave him. So he saw the best benefit in helping everyone. Including Dyann herself.

"A listener of trees are you? Well that's nice to hear. I swear I think weeping for the youth of the world across that damned portal is hard to fight. The kids I see running around are such a disappointment. But then again...it's not like there are many trees to listen to. I have to drive a whole hour each day just to get to them myself," and he nodded in respect to her, "I'm glad to know someone that keeps the voice of nature in mind."

He knew Dyann was no expert hunter that could tell every single thing the trees could tell her. He also knew she was likely a full ingrained youth of the world over the portal - she would have to be to adapt. But still - the fact that she even had a molecule of respect for the trees and the beauty of nature earned his respect. It was rare unless he met a fae to see anyone show any interest in the world of nature at all. And so Dyann was a rare breed. Touched by fae perhaps with the way she spoke of her wild world - but still quite human. And so he listened on, finding out more and more about her world that seemed infused with about as much magic as a place could handle.

There was a smile of amusement about his face when he spoke, feeling her slump beside him in a bit of what appeared to be a disheartened mood. His smile left for a moment and he listened to her say how he likely thought all of this to be complete rubbish. He was amused at the magic for sure, but he didn't think her lying or that her world was not real. He had seen too many worlds and far too much magic to think her world non-existent. And so he actually tried to think of a way to express that he not only believed her but encouraged her to keep her whimsical nature alight. It was part of the innocence that kept him in thankfulness of how very much she reminded him of his late daughter in all of her sunshine and smiling happiness. All of her belief in magic. And, for the second time in this trip, he thought about just how much his daughter would have enjoyed this girl. How they might have taken on this world of Dyann's with all the imagination and splendor that a child might.

"It doesn't sound like rubbish at all. It's your world and seems to be something you greatly loved. What could be rubbish about that?"

And he turned to look at her as they walked on, offering a small smile.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 11:00 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

As they continued walking through the dampening woods towards the Portal, she felt a sense of ease wash about her. He was not only willing to help her after going through the trouble of saving her, but he was willing to listen to her prattle on about her world. Anyone who was willing to listen to her was, in a sense, doomed to forever have her latch onto them. Wonderland was her home, even if she wasn't a true inhabitant, despite how the Queen of Hearts viewed her. It was a world where everything was nonsense but made perfect sense to the right person.

Silently she nodded in agreement with him as he spoke of his concerns for the villagers and the way the youth of the other world seemed to contrast from themselves. It was something she'd noticed the more she looked with her eyes wide open. The truth made her realize how completely different she truly was from the world she was currently residing in. Which was made ever the more clear when she would visit her Darling Sister-in-Blue. Two peas in a pod from two vastly different stories stuck in a world much unlike their original.

"There's so much one can learn from the trees. The flowers as well, though they are by far much more judgmental than the trees that cradle one as they nap in their branches." Memories of the way the flowers treated her crept into the corners of her mind and she gently shook her head to clear the less than pleasant thoughts from latching on. She needed to be positive, and recalling the rude things they said would not make her current situation any lighter.

Lost to the world as she she spoke of her Wonderland, she never caught the facial reactions he gave her. Of the longing that played across his face as her hands fluttered like the Rockinghorseflys or how her nose would wrinkle at the mention of the more sour things of Wonderland. The smile that flitted on his lips was lost to her as she focused down on her apron, faint flashes of technicolor flashing before her eyes as her mind worked on painting a picture for the savior beside her.

This was how she always was whenever Wonderland was mentioned. How she reacted around the Wonderlanders she'd managed to reunite with. It was the way she wanted to feel, instead of very dim and gray when she wasn't thinking about it. There was a time, admittedly, when she was much like that: gray and oblivious to the adventures she'd once held; but Hollis had fixed that. Long since drowned out the monotone of the humdrum habits she'd made for herself. The world was bright once again with his grinning face in her life, a happy family- the two of them.

Realizing she was aimlessly sputtering tales of her world to someone who could very much not believe anything she was saying, she shyly hushed up, shoulders drooping as she apologized for her actions. She was a rabbit chaser. Dearest Girl in Blue. Reality wasn't a place she was fit for, so when his words reached her ears, her smile returned in full force as he questioned her thoughts.

"... nothing." The word was hushed, half spoken to herself before bright blue eyes turned to look up to the taller man beside her. "There is nothing rubbish about my world. Of my Wonderland."[/color] She nodded once, hard, confirming her words with the action as he hands came to rest upon her hips in a settled motion. "It's the only world that honestly makes any sense to me, and it's the one place my heart feels strongly about." With a surge of confidence running through her veins, she silently vowed that she would, in fact, make it back once again. Only next time there wouldn't be a shortcut, unless Hollis knew of one.

tag: LEON! | words: 608 | notes: #cries | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Nov 8 2014, 01:48 PM
164 POSTS
6'0"
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

T
he girl's assessment of the nature around them being very telling and educational had Leon smiling a little. He had always been one to listen to the world around him, and a lot of that likely came from his time as a peasant where there was only the houses you knew with the neighbors you had - and the only other world was the forest around it all. Sure there was the kingdom but it was far away and impractical to go towards. Life was within the little bubble of the village and the festivals in the kingdom were rare and if ever Leon did desire to go it was still quite a bother of time and money. Ultimately he was linked to the woods, the nature, and nothing about the city or the gleaming spires of a castle or the town around it seemed to appeal to him. And so he understood the allure of the nature just as the dear girl Alice was saying. He was quite in agreement with her, and happy to see a young person understanding the voice that all of the nature around them had in it's own way.

When she mentioned flowers he was about to speak out and agree, but then she kept going. Saying they were...judgmental? And then the mention of trees cradling someone in sleep made him raise an eyebrow but he felt himself smiling yet again. He knew his own world, his own woods, and even woods that followed the same rules. And over and over in this animated realm across the portal he had learned new places and new nuances. The language of the places he had never seen before and how the nature there worked in some of the same ways but sometimes very different places as well. Something told him that she was speaking of her Wonderland and that the rules there might be more different and atypical than most other worlds the Huntsman had seen and been to.

"Sounds like quite an interesting kind of language in the nature of that world. It's a marvel you got through something so confusing and strange. You must have great cunning and survival skills."

He knew he was counteracting the moment only a bit ago where he had saved her from a beast - but he also knew that this world with it's flood of Darkness and shifted predators was nothing simple to navigate. One might be the best in a common world they once knew, only to find that now it was nothing more than a maze of danger. And to think of a young girl having known only a confusing world to start with? It was hard to imagine her adapting to this newly shadowed place and triumphing without a little help. But still the point remained, he was glad to pay her a compliment that he thought was well deserved. He had seen his Red victimized by an evil wolf with no regard for her or her grandmother's life. And he had seen her blossom with the knowledge and cunning that time had given her. A kind of survival that only comes when you power through adversity. Either through a physical predator, the landscape you trekked, or a combination of the two.

It seemed young Alice had dealt with both.
And Leon surmised that if she was still alive then she must be quite brave indeed.

When the girl seemed truly upset about having lost her Wonderland, Leon felt the ache in his stomach to give it back to her. The Darkness had robbed everyone of their homes. Their worlds. Everything in their past was now painted in grey hues of a ghost-town. It was enough to make anyone forlorn and sad, but she seemed so truly distraught that he knew that perhaps even if she saw the bleak version of the world it could help. And so he walked on with her, the portal only a short while away now as they carried on. And he looked over to her as their feet fell into the rhythm of walking side by side.

"If you ever want to try and find your Wonderland again, you can seek me out and I can perhaps help you through it. I could protect you as best I could against any creatures changed by the Darkness, and help to lead you back after you got a good fill of the world. By no means would I let you stay there unless I knew it was safe - which I am supposing it is not. So, once we get to the other side, I will give you my contact information and that way I know you can call if ever you need me. Just promise you won't try and go on your own. Not when I have offered help and protection, alright?"

Leon had a lot on his plate and more than a few obligations. But if ever this girl wanted to go to such a place not only did he feel the need to see it through and make sure she was brought there and returned safely, but something in him was curious as well and would have liked to have seen such a place. So he looked down to her in earnest, willing and able to help her in any way he could.

"Promise me Alice."

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Apr 6 2015, 11:27 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

The companionship that was building between them was one that wrapped itself around the young girl's body and filled her with a sense of warmth and comfort. In finding Leon- or, well- him finding her, a sense of ease washed over her, even if he was covered in the beast's drying blood. He was quiet sometimes, but she could only suspect it was due to how quickly she was prattling off about a world that was, but wasn't, hers. That was the curse of Wonderland upon the young girl.

She giggled as he mentioned about the interesting language of her world. He was right, but at the same time, wasn't. Wonderland was much like their own world but not. It was what it was, and wasn't what it was. That description in itself is a confusing one to grasp, but having traveled through it's befuddling maze and learning of the inhabitants that thrived there, she felt as if she knew plenty about it. Enough to go back there with Hollis and have almost no qualms about staying. Leaving her world behind. But perhaps that was just a delusional dream thought up by the blonde in her desperation to keep her mind from thinking about the depressing factors of the world around her.

"I wouldn't say great survival skills." A light shrug of her shoulder was followed by a quick roll of her eyes. By no means did she have the right to say she maneuvered through Wonderland by herself. Her own decisions were terrible, and even with Cheshire's help, it was even difficult. "I of course had help. A very curious feline was watching over me at time." Her smile softened as she glanced down from Leon to the hands that were laced before her.

He seemed to understand where she was coming from. At least in the aspect of losing something as valuable of one's original life and home. She was still aloof to the reactions he was having towards the words she was saying, so most of her assumptions were decided upon his words.

With a gentle sigh, she reached a hand up to tuck some blonde behind her ear when his deep inhale caused her to glance up. The words that followed caused her to pause, her mouth parting as her own words seemed to fail her. Arms falling limp at her sides, she could only stare up at the man before her as he continued to speak. He- he wanted to help her find her world? To travel the terrors that lived within this world?

Completely lost for words, she could only silently nod when he asked her to promise him, her original title still sounding foreign to her ears. She was completely floored that he was more than willing to risk everything to help a young girl he had only just met. Y-y, yes. O-of course!" Her heart raced within her chest as she bobbed upon her toes. He was, without a doubt, the sweetest man she had been graced to know his presence. "Oh Leon. I promise! I swear to it!"

Without a second's thought, she flung herself against him as she wrapped her arms around him. She hugged him tightly, her chest swelling with the joys of possibly seeing Wonderland again. Of getting Hollis home, even if just for a few short moments. "Oh thank you, Leon," she whispered against his chest. There was nothing she could do to make up for the present he had unknowingly given her.

tag: LEON! | words: 591 | notes: wooooords | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: May 31 2015, 09:56 PM
164 POSTS
6'0"
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

L
eon hadn't been expecting the hug and it threw him off for a moment. He blinked and looked down at the top of her blonde head with it's quaint little bow. He swallowed and realized that she was more than elated to go home and his promising to take her had excited her in some way. Either that or she was glad for his offer and thought him generous. Something had propelled her to embrace him with a surging of happiness. But then he did see that excitement sometimes, though none until this little one had been brave enough to hug the grizzlybear of a man named Leon. He couldn't help but smirk a little in amusement, a lightness to his posture that loosened the edge of his shoulders. He let his heavy hands find her back as he hugged her as best he could being so much taller than she.

He had forgotten sometimes what pure innocence was like. He had spent so long in the toils and tainted weather-beaten landscape of this place. He had seen so many faces drowned in sorrow or riddled with Darkness. He didn't socialize much. The most he would do was help train people in weapons within the camps of the Resistance. But even then it was grim determination and hard work with teachings from him - never on the look out for innocence. But this young girl, Alice, had it in spades. She was the very epitome of all he wanted to save in this world and yet the Darkness robbed every single corner of every single world of such a light. Then again there it was, shining within her and giving him just the tiniest bit of hope. A young girl excited to see home, no matter what state it was in.

Home was, if nothing else, the foundation for a person. It was the place that you spent most of your time and it was where your roots were if it was a childhood home. The home you had was the camp you made or the room you furnished or the corner of the house that you recoiled to in order to relax. Home meant comfort and it made Leon think of his town when it was not overshadowed with this bleakness that all worlds now harbored. He thought of his warm fire-lit home with the smell of fresh bread and his wife's humming from the kitchen. He thought of his daughter drawing in the mud on the side of the house and re-drawing something each day with a little cup of water to make a blank canvas.

Home was a memory of light that could never die.
No matter how this Darkness tried to blot it out.

"You're more than welcome Alice."

He hugged her back a bit harder as a reassurance. She would be alright. She said she had a feline companion that helped her while there and there was a dear Hollis she mentioned? Either way he would help her or any other person she took if she ventured back over this way to try and find her home. There was something about connecting with your roots and that very core of yourself that was hard to deny a person. She was more than deserving of knowing her home again - even if it was cast in shadow and without the same whimsy that it seemed to have from her description of it.

As for him...home was a regular thing. A place he visited to keep watch on those that were left and wanted to defend their village until taking their last breath. Some had died. Others had been tainted with the Darkness. And most were on the other side safe with him. Though he supposed the world of New York City was their Wonderland. Cars and lights and modern amenities that seemed like magic - all of that was quite confusing when crossing over. Now it was all common place but as he learned it seemed nonsense and dangerous. Much like her Wonderland was he assumed.

"Seeing the place myself would be quite interesting too I'm sure. Though you would have to advise me on what weapons to take to a place where rules don't seem to apply. I can't imagine the kind of creatures that would lurk there nor would I be knowledgeable in how to protect you while we were there. Hopefully nothing too outlandish."

Little did Leon know the Jabberwock was commonplace and the Bandersnatch just as frequented in the lands. Beings he had never heard about and not seen at all. He would accept the challenge but the idea of crossing their paths without proper weaponry would be suicide and not much else. He did hope Alice called upon him and that they could see this world of hers - even if for a moment. The girl seemed more than a little excited about the place and he was more than happy to facilitate what it was she wished. Leon was a teddybear sometimes, even if he did hide it under a gruff and stoic exterior.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 10:40 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Maybe it was a selfish thing to do, standing there and holding onto him so tightly in the middle of a world overrun by Darkness, but as his arms finally came to rest around her it made her feel even safer. Even if she hardly knew of the man that held onto her, his presence made her feel safe. His arms allowed her to think of a time when there wasn't a reason to be afraid to go home. As if she'd discovered her a new favorite tea for the first time.

It was a sensation she knew many people needed to embrace again, but wasn't able to. Be it the loss of memories from the Portal, or their own selves distancing them from others around them. There were many that needed the reassurance of a hug.

She wasn't fully aware of how long she stood there, on her tip toes as her arms barely made it around the man, but her eyes closed on their own as her cheek squished against his abdomen. His scent was pleasant; Earthy, with a naturalness to it that made itself well known as she exhaled. It made her wonder if there was someone else who'd done the same thing she had. If there was some other young girl that wrapped their arms tightly around him. Did he have a family, or was he alone in this world, seeking others whom needed help just as she had?

His voice was startling when it finally reached her ears. She'd been so lost in the moment that it was hard to realize they were actually standing in the middle of a forest. Willing her eyes opened, she tilted her head up, bright blue eyes staring at him as she smiled ever so sweetly at him. He was such a kind gentleman- going above and beyond to help her in her time of need. He was like a knight in furred armor. The thought caused her to smile wider as she lowered her head and let it rest against his chest once more. She felt smaller than normal compared to him, but it was a small she was more than willing to accept.

A light laugh escaped her lips as he made mention of what he would need. The thought was trivial to her, but amusing at the same time. She hadn't known what truly lurked in the dark crevasses of Wonderland. What dangers laid waiting in the Queen of Hearts grasps. She had only made it through the maze once. Managed to make it back home just barely in one piece. "I am not sure what you would need to bring...." Her voice trailed off as she thought of Hollis. Would her Cheshire Cat know? Would he be willing to let someone bring a weapon into his sacred Wonderland? "But the moment I find out I will seek you out and inform you of everything I learn." She would hate to have him go anywhere unprepared.

Giving a light sigh, it quickly turned into a deep yawn as she free am arm to rub at her eyes with the back of her palm. She was growing tired, having been lost for much too long without the aid of a proper cup of tea or bite to eat. Her adventure had taken her off course, and with the beast that lurked to claim her hadn't made her attempt to go home any easier.

Taking a step back, she yawned once more before a tiredness settled upon her. "Leon," reaching out, she grasped gently at the sleeve of his top. "How much longer until we reach the Portal?" She didn't want to complain, for her toes were sore and her legs felt like mush after their serene moment, but she would have very much like to be back at home. The thought of curling up on the couch with her Hollis was an appeasing thought. Turning her head in the direction they were heading, she tried to span her sight in hopes of finding the familiar pathway that would lead to the cave. "Do you like tea? I will gladly make you a pot when we cross over..." a hand came to cover her mouth as another yawn plagued her.

tag: LEON! | words: 717 | notes: would say almost done? | ♥ amanda

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.