Add Reply
New Poll

Colour Me Curious `*`, Jareth//Shade
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 12:21 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

hear a song that i could understand
Standing in the back of the crowd, fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist, the young blonde waited patiently as the man upon the makeshift stage resting against the brick of the building behind him put on his show. There was that feeling, something she'd felt once before when she and Hollis had visited for a light night on the town, only she'd happened upon him be accident this time. Something in her stomach stirred as she listened to the voice that was almost calling out to her, questioning her with his lyrics as his fingers seemed to caress the strings of his guitar. She hadn't felt anything like this since her adventures back in Wonderland. Like there was another world that seemed to circle about him. She needed to know, and as her nerves worked their way in her chest, she wasn't sure if Hollis would have approved of her seeking this man out.

It was hard to stand still as she waited. Normally she was a rather patient thing, content to wait until her turn had come or someone sought out her attention; but this time she was acting like Hollis would when she'd returned from the bakery with fresh treats. The ends of her hair were slightly frayed from her constant twisting. Her lower lip slightly red from her absent-mindedly chewing on it when she couldn't tolerate playing with her sleeves any longer.

Grateful that the weather had warmed up some, and that the sun decided it was that time of year to stay out a bit longer, there was no need to wear anything bulky. If she needed to move quickly to grasp his attention there would be no fear of getting stuck in the crowd as they dissipated to go about their routines.

Her moment was drawing close, and she could feel the bread-and-butterflies flitting about her stomach as she stood up on her tiptoes to make sure she kept her curious blue eyes upon him. Hopefully there were no guards that looked out for strangers who tried to get the man's attention. Rapid fan-girls who wanted to throw themselves upon the gentleman with the voice that seemed to spin silk with every breath that was uttered from his lips, who could cause a fire to start in the pit of your stomach with the strum of a guitar string. Chewing on her lower lip once again, she held onto her bag tightly as she stood her ground while the crowd went about their way as she suspected they would, wondering if she was doing the right thing by personally seeking this man out on her own.

With a bit of courage and a mental shove from her inner Alice, she took a step forward towards the make-shift stage he was standing on. Clearing her throat in an attempt to get his attention, she ran her tone along her lips before speaking in a quieter than intended voice. "E-excuse me, Sir. I was just... well you see.. It's just that... um..." Hands twisting the hem of her shirt she looked down at her feet, trying to steel herself to form a coherent phrase, she lifted her head as the words seemed to tumble from her lips as she once had from the Rabbit Hole.

"I couldn't help but notice the things you sing about. I'm really rather curious as to where you got the ideas for your work. I mean, this is only the second time I heard you but I simply couldn't get you out of my head after the first time. I'm sure this sounds weird or rather crazy, but I can assure you that I don't mean any harm. I was just curious and I've been told that... um... curiosity often leads to.. oh. Um. Never mind that." Her cheeks were burning as she looked away for a moment while her hand tucked some hair behind her ear. Why hadn't she thought of something before she just started spewing words like a babbling brook? "Do pardon my nerves. I just.. I can't help but be drawn to what you sing about." Would that work?

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 696 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
jareth daedalus cael
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 08:15 PM
109 POSTS
5'9"
Yes? What is it? It's not often I find someone straying into my little corner of the universe. Are you a lost soul? Someone seeking sanctuary? Just give me your name child and the real fun can begin.
single
leathersexual
goblin king

701 words
DYANN//Solar
I have to block out thoughts of you
so I don’t lose my head
Crowds were something that Jareth still hadn't quite gotten accustomed to. Most of his life had been spent in solitude with creatures that came up only to his waist when they weren't actively trying to stay out his line of sight and, therefore, avoid his boredom induced cruelty. Yet, with the incoming warmer weather, it seemed that his playing had attracted more and more attention on these little street corners. Good for his guitar case, which was laying open as this feet as always, but not so good for him. And so, he simply let his eyes fall closed as he leaned back against the brick wall of the building that he had his back to.

The warm air making the loose strands of his hair flutter, throwing him back into his memories. The sound of the wind blowing through leafless trees, sand beneath his feet as he gazed, not upon the expanse of his labyrinth and the entrance that stood hidden just a few feet away, but the girl in front of him. Her back straight, dark hair brushing the silk of her vest. Her voice breaking softly as she tried to make herself seem brave. A labyrinth, one that didn't look all that far. But it was farther then she thought – as limitless as his own imagination.

It made the strings of his guitar twang in a simple, bitter octave. The words pouring from his lips gently. Voice low and raspy as the words growled out in memory of her. He prayed that she had long since forgotten him or, if she remembered him, that she'd long since learned to hate him. Let him play the villain and forfeit the dream of keeping her. It was for the best. No matter how often he'd wanted to fall to his knees and scream out for everything to go away – the pain, the memories, the part he'd so willing played for her. It would never have worked anyways, even if she had stayed, he'd have stayed as he always was. Frozen in time, unable to truly walk through life with her. Hating his memory, it was easier.

The last notes of the song fluttered through the air like a broken wing bird before vanishing as he opened his eyes. Offering a little smile to those that bothered to clap or drop a dollar into his case. Idly, his fingers strummed the chords, wondering just what he should play next when a young voice broke him from his thoughts. He turned his eyes, one electric blue and the other a deep navy, to the blonde who wove her way through the crowd to get to him. Blinking rapidly when she spoke at length – very, very quickly. Had she even paused for breathe?

Jareth couldn't help but laugh. A smile slowly spreading its way across his face. “Curiosity often leads to...? Trouble and mischief in my opinion. Both of which, I'm an advocate of.” His life as a fae after all was meant to cause trouble to the humans he fell int contact with. So, who was he to discourage curiosity as he was often consumed by it himself. “No need to be nervous — at least, not yet. We are simply talking and not delving head first into who knows what.” For a moment he watched her as she brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. There was something about her that flickered in the back of his mind. Something he couldn't quite place. It nagged at him. The fact that he couldn't figure out the little mystery first hand made his tune that he strummed change as he silently hummed that she reminded him of the babe.

My inspiration?” Jareth licked his lips, pausing to tune one of his lesser used chords. “Sometimes I play songs that hit home for me. The more emotionally involved an artist is, the more 'heart' a song has....When I happen to sing my own, it's usually inspired from memories. People and places that have brought out the best...or more often then not, worst, in me.” He offered her a smile. Hopefully his answer managed to calm her nerves just a fraction.

♔ ree @ atf & shine

--------------------
user posted image

Max is Magnificent <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Mar 31 2014, 05:35 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

It seemed like eternity before he finally spoke, her gaze fixated on her dual colored eyes. It was fascinating, seeing something so extraordinary in a place that was anything but. So accustomed she was to seeing mono-colored eyes, save for Hollis' when he was feeling feisty or he had returned from the Portal. Didn't they have a name for that? Silently she shook the thought from her mind as she noted now not being the time for questions such as that. Even if she had approached him with questions on her tongue that taste vaguely of sourdough, the true name for his eyes was not one of them.

Her blush darken as a hand shot up to cover her mouth as she quietly gasped. He had finished her sentence. Something that not a lot of people did, especially something that she'd only muttered once in a land far, far away from here. The bread-and-butterflies that had fluttered about her stomach seem to twist and turn into something more excited. That feeling, which was once foreign and unknown to her, reared it's head as hope seem to fill her insides. Perhaps this man was of Wonderland? There was a faint possibility of him being the Caterpillar, but seeing as she could breathe around him the chances of that were slim at best.

Slowly she nodded as he mentioned there was no need to be nervous, fingers still delicately twisting at the charm upon her bracelet. The only touch of purple to her attire of blue and hues.

His laugh still rung in her ears as he went to explain his inspiration, and she could only stare and nod her head as if she were a child. The more she stayed in his presence, the more she was certain that there was something about him. Something that drew her to him as if she were a moth to a flame. "That's fascinating...." she breathed quietly when he had finished, her lashes batting against her cheeks as she blinked in the realization he had finished talking. She was acting like such a child.

Forcing her gaze away from his, she once more ran the tips of her fingers through her hair as she cleared her throat. "Do forgive me. I... I seem to have forgotten all that I had planned on saying." Maybe she should just leave; try again another day when she wasn't a bundle of nerves and excited hope for him to be of Wonderland decent.

"What brings you to New York?" The words were out before she could properly think, her hand chasing the words and clamping over her mouth. "I'm so sorry," she muttered behind her hand, not sure if he could properly hear her. Swallow back the volley of words that were drawn back on her tongue, she took a moment before she opened her lips once more to form an apology. "What I meant to say was; 'Are you from around here?'" That was better.

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 502 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
jareth daedalus cael
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 12:21 AM
109 POSTS
5'9"
Yes? What is it? It's not often I find someone straying into my little corner of the universe. Are you a lost soul? Someone seeking sanctuary? Just give me your name child and the real fun can begin.
single
leathersexual
goblin king

674 words
DYANN//Solar
so I don’t lose my head
His eyes travelled over the young girl as she stood before him, gazing at his face with such curiosity. Her blue eyes looking so intently at him. What on earth had captured her attention so fiercely to cause that sort of shine in her eyes? It wasn't often that he saw such inquisitive eyes in a world like this. Usually the colors were dull and flat with little definition and shifts in hue. But her eyes, they burned with a light that he knew all to well as a pair of dark brown eyes flashed in his memory, framed by dark sooty eyelashes that fluttered as they cast shadows across her cheeks as she stared up at him in awe.

It's you...

Jareth blinked, turning his face away as bittersweetness tainted his smile. Now was not the time to see a woman that he had no claim to in the face of the young girl who suddenly gasped and covered her face, redness seeping into her skin tone. Well now. Wasn't she easily flustered? Jareth chuckled, shaking his head a little as he shifted his guitar to rest more on his hip instead of across his chest where it felt as if it as acting as nothing more then a barrier between himself and the young woman before him.

I'm glad you think so.” He slipped one gloved hand into his pocket, the other falling to rest on the curve of his guitar, feeling quite pleased with himself that he managed to find someone that thought his process was interesting. He knew there were other artists who had more fascinating processes, but to him, each song that he wrote was like a child. It needed to be nurtured in some way or form. Music was Words and Words held power so each one he chose, he chose carefully.

His head tilted as she apologized, pulling him from his his minor internal celebration that he'd been complimented. “Have you now?” He laughed. “Perhaps a goblin has stolen away your thought.” His eyes sparkled with mischief as his subjects were particularly gifted at stealing away even the unstealable. But then again, not many people knew that about goblins or believed in them much in this day and age. Even in his world, it was seldom that people decided to find truth in the old tales.

It was the moment that she asked him what he was doing in New York that made him pause. What was he doing in New York? “Hmmm...” A knowing little smile curled his lips. As a fae, he was bound to never lie. However, he was a creature of half truths and twisted facts and, it was in moments like these, that that nature was helpful. He couldn't very well just start blabbing about being from a different realm now could he? Likely not. And yet, for a moment, he was distracted by her apology. Making his smile slip a little, a touch of coolness to his eyes. “You say that so often. I wonder if you genuinely mean it.” Another way she was reminding him of the woman that had stolen everything from him. Of course, with her it had been the proclamation of life not being fair. He could still hear her voice in his head as easily as if she was standing in front of him. The way her chin would be raised, her lips parting into a pout.

No.

Jareth's eyes snapped back to the young blonde as he realized his mind had been wandering and sighed softly. The light accent didn't give it away? His lips curled a little wider, a shimmer in his bright eye twinkling. “Why, it sounds like you and I could be from the same parts, Little Miss Inquisitive.” At least, in some other world perhaps. “But I came here to escape a little tiff going on.” His black clothed hands tapped lightly on the wood of the guitar. The hollow noise reverberating to his ears. “And you? What brings you here?

♔ ree @ atf & shine

--------------------
user posted image

Max is Magnificent <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Apr 8 2014, 10:29 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

She felt foolish. Unprepared. What was she thinking, coming up to this man and stealing his attention without even being properly suited for the job. She was a bundle of nerves and apologizes; something Hollis normally pinched her cheeks over. But out in the real world, most people frowned upon it. No one wanted to speak to someone who seemed to act twice their age younger than what they were. It read obviously upon the man's face as he turned it from her gaze, and she felt a hole form in her stomach as the feeling of eating too much of a certain mushroom made her feel as if she were shrinking to the size of a flower.

His voice lulled her from her thoughts though, as he continued to speak. She was pleased to know that he still wanted to talk. Unless he was just being polite, as so many people use to do with her when she first crossed over.

Blue eyes widening her lips parted in a quiet gasp as he suggested a goblin took her thoughts. "Th-they can do that?" Blinking rapidly, he looked as if she were viewing him from an old movie reel. She'd never actually seen a goblin, but from the books she use to read as a child, and from films she'd seen here- not one of them ever held a goblin stealing thoughts. "That's truly fascinating...." How did they hold it? Where could they find it? Were thoughts easy to get to? More questions spun upon her tongue like Cheshire Candy, making her feel dizzy when she couldn't get them out fast enough- but her fumble on why he was here quickly soured the normally sweet experience as she shyly stared at him with her flushed face.

However, this man didn't seemed bothered by it. In fact, he was smiling. At least he was, until she apologized once more. Furrowing her brows, she lowered her hands as they laced together at her stomach. "Whatever would make you say that Good Sir? Of course I genuinely mean it, otherwise I wouldn't have said it." Straighten her bat a bit, she felt her defense rise as he questioned her methods. She never lied, unless there was a surprise involved; but even then it was hard for her to keep a straight face.

He sighed, and whatever hint of defense she had crumbled, and she felt very bad for bringing up such a personal question. But his smile gave it all away, and she felt as though his eyes were trying to tell her more than he was as she stared intently at them, his rich voice filling the area around her.

The same parts? Her heart flared to life as the thoughts of him being of Wonderland decent grew within her. A large smile spread across her lips: One of excitement and awe as she stared up at him. Perhaps Hollis knew of the man before her, he just needed more time with him? She would have to bring him along next time. His next words, however, brought that sour taste to her tongue as her expression fell a bit. "Oh..." Looking down to the ground she once again started playing with the tips of her hair. A little Tiff? Was he chased away from home as well?

Lifting her head slowly, she looked at him with sad eyes as she felt the pain he didn't seem to show. "I...I understand that feeling..." Her voice was soft, almost as if it were coming from a distance. "I had.. I had just gotten home when I was pulled away. I was dreadfully sick at the time, so I... I don't really remember much." She sighed softly as little flashes of what happened played in the back of her mind. Slowly she shook her head as she forced a smile to spread across her lips. There was no need for sad thoughts when there was so much more to learn.

"I-if you do not mind my asking, Sir...." She paused, no name on her tongue to properly address him as, she placed her fingertips to her lips as her cheeks warmed with embarrassment. "Oh goodness me!" She seemed to be far too good at forgetting her manners with him it seemed. "I'm Al-" Swallowing her tongue she wrinkled her nose as she almost proclaimed her title. It was far, far too soon to be addressing herself as that. "Dyann. My mind was elsewhere it seems, trying to call me by something else. Has that ever happened to you, I wonder?"

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 771 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
jareth daedalus cael
 Posted: May 12 2014, 11:20 PM
109 POSTS
5'9"
single
leathersexual
goblin king

649 words
DYANN//Solar
so I don’t lose my head
The look on the young woman's face was priceless. Wide eyes, lips parted in shock as if she'd just hears something particularly horrifying. Jareth could nearly taste the flavor of mischief in the air. Electric and sweet, it was a flavor that Jareth was addicted to as easily as a recovering alcoholic was entranced by that first refreshing drop of whiskey on their tongue. “Oh yes.” He wanted more. “Goblins will steal anything they can get their claws into. Usually its shoes or socks, which is why one of them tend to go missing...Car keys...That last cookie that no one admits to eating...Small children...” He shrugged elegantly, if one could call a shrug so nonchalant elegant. “But they have known to be even more ambitious when the mood strikes them to be so. So I would not be surprised if they'd taken it.” He offered her a slight smile, head tilting so the tendrils of his hair that escaped the wild hairstyle he so loved fell into his double hued eyes. “I shall have to ask net time I see them. We'll see if I can't get them to return your missing thought.” The irony of it all was that he would do no such thing. There was no point in returning what was taken unless there was to be emotional gain or some sort of amusement. Even if he was king, that would take too much work to hunt down on little thought.

It was the questions as to why he had called her out on apologizing so often that had him putting away that mischievous side of a lazy king. Blinking down at her as though she had just asked him a question with the most obvious of answers. What would make him say it? Because he had. “I'm from a world, culture rather, where Words have meaning. To repeat something so often, especially something that carries such weight, lessens the effect and thus validity of the statement.” Apologies were something rarely given in his world. To utter one was to bring about a seriousness of the situation, of the realization at a transgression. But that was his own upbringing.

He could only nod at her explanation of being ill when she was taken from her home. It was the wording of her statements that lead Jareth to believe that the young thing was very much like him. A refugee from a world very far away who had been in poor sorts when she crossed most likely. Oh yes, Jareth knew that feeling all too well. “My trip here was less then enjoyable.” The darkness had hit his world hard. Obliterating parts of his Labyrinth faster then he could rebuild them. His mental shields had shattered under the strain of the assault and leaving him bleeding from his nose, ears, and left eye. It had been a miracle that he managed to tear open a rift to reach the portal in such a condition. Where it to happen again, Jareth was sure he would not be able to manage it.

Carefully putting the memories into a mental box, Jareth turned his gaze back to the girl in front of him. Grinning as she wrinkled her nose at nearly addressing herself with another name. Oh yes, definitely a refugee. He'd know that those who came through often changed their names to fit in and seem more a part of this world. But for him, there had been no contest. “I'm afraid that I have always been known by one name, and one name alone.” True words that told no lie. He had never learned his name before his time in the Labyrinth. So, he'd always been known by the name that his Master had gifted him with. “You may call me Jareth.” He gave her a smirk as he leaned closer. “If it so pleases you, young refugee.

♔ ree @ atf & shine

--------------------
user posted image

Max is Magnificent <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: May 27 2014, 07:23 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

It seemed to anyone passing by, that the two of them were simply engrossed in a serious conversation. Perhaps one based around what he did for a living, instead of the tales they were spinning for the other. Or, at least the tales the taller male before her was spinning. Dyann, as best she knew how, stood there in complete awe as she latched to every word he said. Goblins. They were things she'd never really head of. At least not at this length. She'd known them to be mean, and troublesome; but to have an explanation like this? It made her feel as if she were a young girl once again, nose all but pressed to a book filled with pictures as she practically drank the knowledge that was presented to her. "They sound absolutely fascinating...." she uttered in a soft whisper as large blue eyes blinked slowly.

As he mentioned asking them for the missing thought, a smile grew on her face as her hands clasped before her, a nod slowly starting as she lifted herself to her tiptoes. "You can do that? Oh that's simply wonderful! I would very much like that. I mean, if it isn't too much trouble, of course. If not I can surely understand. For it must either be too boring of a thought to have kept it, or too good of a thought to want to be given up. They seem like they would much rather have the very best of thoughts. Something they could sink their teeth into I suppose." A finger pressed to her lips as she pondered about the thought of what a goblin would find enjoyable, only nodding at his statement on apologies.

Perhaps he was right. Words could mean a lot to others. "I will take that to heart then.," she added with a curt nod.

Sadness filled her stomach as she explained, in as little detail as possible, what her situation was, though it seemed he caught on far too well. He himself only supplied her with a single sentence, which led her to wonder if she told too much. No one really cared as to how someone got here, unless they weren't from here. So perhaps he was simply letting her talk for the sake of having something to distract him with. Perhaps she should learn to better control her tongue when she was out in public.

His grin caused a blush to sprout her cheeks, making her hide the lower half of her face behind her hands. She really needed to adjust to addressing herself. Even if she found it hard with the man before her. He made her feel so.... Alice. Much like Hollis did when they were together. Perhaps it was just a curse for her, unable to to keep herself hidden as she attempted to blend into a world so bleak and sane.

Pulling her hands from her lips slowly, she offered a smile to him as he offered his name, only for her hands to pause by her neck at his last little comment reached her ears. "... young refugee." Her vision blurred as her lashes blinked rapidly, causing his actions to look like she was viewing him through an old movie projector. A quiet squeak, much like a mouse, escaped her lips as her hands come to cover them once again. Oh no! She had said too much! But, that that meant... "Then you know as well....." Her voice was a hushed whisper as a finger was pointed in his direction.

It seemed to finally click to the blonde, gears falling into place and starting to churn about, as the information he spoke of seemed to make sense finally. He was a refugee, as he so kindly put it, as well. It was why he knew so much about goblins. How he was able to pull her innerAlice out without even trying. Looking about quickly, checking the surroundings around her, she took a small step forward, closer to his box as she beckoned with a finger for him to lean closer as she lifted herself to her toes once again. "Do you..." She hesitated, wondering if she were doing the right thing. Perhaps she shouldn't, but... she simply needed to know! "Do you, by chance, happen to know of 'Wonderland'?" Quickly she bit her lip as she pulled away, hands reaching down to play with the hem of her skirt once again. Oh please don't be in association with the Queen if you do.

Please don't be upset with me Hollis Darling.

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 769 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
jareth daedalus cael
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 01:29 PM
109 POSTS
5'9"
single
leathersexual
goblin king

702 words
DYANN//Solar
so I don’t lose my head
Fascinating? Did she really think so? His fingers strummed a happy little tune at the thought. Not many these days held such an interest in the Fairer Folk other then young girls who found love in the form of small pixies with delicate shimmering wings. But that was, more often then not, just a passing fancy that would leave with age as they lost the magic in their eyes and found the harshness of reality seeping into their minds. Yet here was a grown woman who found fascination with not only the fae but his goblins. What a unique creature indeed. He'd already come to realize that she was indeed from the other side. Perhaps she was nothing more then a young girl trapped inside the shell of an adult. That was a more logical assumption – and a rather saddening one the longer he started to think about it.

Laughing when she asked if he could do that. “Of course I can do that. You'll find that goblins are never really far away. Particularly from me.” A little smile curved his lips. One laced with secrets and hidden gems of information in the upturned corners. “Oh they do indeed. I've known several in my time that simply collect misplaced thoughts. They kept them in mason jars beneath their beds. Of course they also kept jars full of nothing but the empty hopelessness that is often found attached to poor grades for children or attached to pink slips. Often times they forget what is in which jar...” He shook his head at the memories of the small goblin who had once brought him a jar claiming that inside was the most fantastic idea to have ever been conceived but all that Jareth felt was an overwhelming sadness from being let down when he brought out the wrong jar. To this day, the goblin still couldn't find the proper jar and it had become known as one of the greatest debacles of 1712 – despite having happened in 1835.

But that was neither here nor there as he had a young girl blushing before him in this moment. It had been a long while since he caused anyone to hide their face in embarrassment. It was far more satisfying then he remembered it being. Was this a sign that he'd been living in his Underground and self imposted solitary for too long? Most likely. This was like his welcoming back into the world of socialization with little effort on his part. Unable to stop his laughter when she squeaked at him. His eyes flickering to the finger she extended at him. “Of course.” The words casual as if he was speaking about the weather. Neither confirming or denying if he, himself, was a refugee as well. Instead he simply pushed his guitar around to rest upon his back and knelt beside his case, collecting what earnings rested inside and tucking them inside his pocket without bothering to count it.

Glancing back at her, Jareth shifted to his feet. Leaning cautiously closer to hear her whispered question. Shifting back slightly when she pulled away. Wonderland? Jareth bit his lip, a jagged canine pressing into the tender skin. His eyes going skyward in thought. He'd never been to any place called that and yet the name itself was familiar. That's when it hit him. The image of a young brunette dressed in blue, standing upon a stone bench in the park talking to a shaggy sheepdog wearing an ill-fitted waistcoat as she waved around a wooden sword covered in tinfoil. “I know of it.” A tinge of bitterness creeping into the corner of his smile as he pulled off the guitar. The shoulder strap ruffling his hair, causing Jareth to take a moment to run his fingers through it in an effort to get the locks back into their desired position. “Or rather, I knew of a young girl who had a fondness for acting. Jabberwock was a favorite of hers for a few months.” He knelt once more, tucking the memories away with the guitar as he snapped the case shut with the click of the buckles. “Is that your home then young one?

♔ ree @ atf & shine

--------------------
user posted image

Max is Magnificent <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Nov 16 2014, 10:03 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Every time his lips parted, she found herself inching ever so closer, completely lost in a trance with the words that fell from his lips. It was like magic was flowing from him and pulling her towards him. An attempt to take her back to a land where everything was what it wasn't, and everything that wasn't, was. As if she were tumbling back through the Rabbit Hole into a world much more technicolor than this dreary place.

His short story about how Goblins kept mason jars under their bed cause a thought to pop into the young blonde's head. Would she be able to help them out by bottling her own thoughts? Make them easier to take back? Though it caused a frown to crease her lips and caused her brows to furrow. But how did one go about bottling thoughts? Was it even possible? Her father always did tell her to attempt six impossible things a day. Perhaps that could be one of them, then?

Upon asking herself if he were like her, she found herself clinging to the inner hope that his "Of course.," meant yes. A childish thought at best, but a thought that she silently hoped no Goblin would try to steal from her.

Watching with cautious blue eyes, she kept a look out for any sudden reaction to her question. Would he know? Was he apart of the Queen's Court? Was she the prize he sought after with his Goblins? Did he even mention whether the Goblins worked for him? Wherever did that thought blossom from? Perhaps that was one for the Goblins to steal.

Forcing her mind to focus on the conversation at hand, she wasn't sure if she had honestly missed anything as he answered, pulling his guitar over his shoulder. Inhaling in response, excitement building inside of her, her small bubble was popped within an instant as he corrected himself. Her weak exhale was disappointed as she dropped her shoulders and her head slumped forward. She hadn't realized how badly she wanted him to say 'yes.' He seemed like he could have fit in rather nicely, reciting with the Caterpillar and debating with the Mad Hatter and March Hare. Even Hollis would have enjoyed a cup of tea with this fellow.

Slowly, she lifted her head upon his question and found herself slowly shaking her head. "No, but I have been." The sadness that built up in her came to wrap around her as she wrapped an arm around her stomach, fingers clutching her other arm. "My home is much more dreary. An older version of this world, but across the Pond." Turning her head, she pushed back a few strands of loose hair behind her ear as she turned dim blue eyes to Jareth. "I was simply hoping, that- I mean. I was hoping you knew of it, so I could possibly find a way back. Even if just for a day."

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 496 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
jareth daedalus cael
 Posted: Nov 17 2014, 01:03 AM
109 POSTS
5'9"
single
leathersexual
goblin king

702 words
DYANN//Solar
so I don’t lose my head
Jareth's head tilted as he watched the light inside of the young girl's eyes fade slightly. It was as if something within herself had shattered, like his crystal popping upon the Champion's fingertips. She wilted an arm wrapping around her stomach as if the action would be enough to keep her held together and from falling into pieces. Had he inadvertently crushed a dream of hers? He blinked at her as he listened to her explain. Ah...

Realization settled in his chest. It hardened in his lungs and made it difficult to breathe. She'd been hoping that he would lead her home again. Jareth licked his lips and looked away. His brows furrowing slightly for just a moment. Once upon a time, he'd been in the same position. His Labyrinth had been lost to him for months after his escape to New York. The Darkness and the damage done to his mind had severed the link that he held to it until he was able to once more find it. But he would never forget the sense of despair and loss upon the idea of not being able to find his way home. It was even more memorable than the overwhelming joy and warmth that came with his return and reconnection. The hollow emptiness would be something that haunted him for the rest of his days.

Turning his gaze back to the young girl, Jareth let his gaze wander over her. The pain returning to his stomach. She reminded him so much of his Sarah in this moment. The hopeful optimism. The shattered dreams. He could picture here there in the park, side by side with his dark haired girl, reciting the lines of Jabberwocky with ease. Determination on their mirrored faces followed by curiosity and then despair as they pretended to lose their way home. Except this wasn't pretend. It twisted his heart and Jareth tightened his grip upon his guitar case. He could feel himself slipping down a path he'd swore never to venture again. And he forced himself to turn, to walk away a few paces. Only for his feet to slow. “I myself am from a world far below one so similar to an older version of this one.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a heavy gold pocket watch. “Have you ever tried to find your way back? I am quite good at finding things myself.” Flipping it open to check the time before shutting it with a click.

Except a way to keep a hold on the time it would seem.” He slipped the watch back into his pocket as he glanced back at the young girl with a smile and a wink. The watch shifting back to nothing more than a crystal as once more he gave into old habits. To play the role that he was needed to play. With Sarah, it had been a villain, someone to triumph over and prove her worth to. She had needed someone to know that she held some sort of power over her life and decisions. But with this girl, she needed a guide. Wonderland's guide had been the rabbit – or a fluffy white sheepdog in Sarah's productions. If this was indeed the young girl who fell down the rabbit hole, the one who spoke of leaving the above world for a place far more colorful as he suspected, then she needed someone to guide her home.

♔ ree @ atf & shine

--------------------
user posted image

Max is Magnificent <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 11:34 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

The hollowness she felt within her was selfish. A desperate attempt to find something better for herself and her beloved. She'd tried once before, only to have gotten lost and nearly attacked if it weren't for the huntsman Leon coming to her aid. It wasn't safe for her on the other side. Being merely a young girl with an overly curious mind. It was a blessing and a curse for her. She could learn so many fascinating things. Stay entertained for hours as she pondered this and that. Though at the same time she found herself in trouble. Be it with the Red Queen. The Darkness. Even trouble in New York.

It just wasn't for her to go looking for herself.

As her head stayed lowered, she didn't get a chance to see the look of despair that traveled over the taller man's features. There would be no wondering what he was thinking as his eyes lost their own light and his jaw tightened. Too lost in her own loss to notice he was struggling just as her.

The sound of his footsteps caused her head to snap up, a fury of blonde hair as her eyes widened. He was leaving her? But why! Had she asked too much? Said more than he cared to have listened to? The threat of tears played at the corners of her eyes as the sensation of falling overcame her. The one chance she could have had upon getting back to Wonderland, not even for herself- but to allow Hollis to be in his natural habitat. He was walking away. Pushed to the limit by her slick lips and weighted requests she'd yet to officially ask. Her chest tightened as she felt am arm trying to reach up. Attempting to reach out for him when it paused as he turned around.

Her eyes finally caught the sight of the golden pocket watch he'd pulled out when she wasn't looking, and much against her will she felt her heart swell with hope as the shifted image of long white rabbit ears seemed to lay over the top of his head. The illusion caused her to panic, mentally telling herself to not think such things as she blinked her eyes in attempts to clear the visage that was playing before her.

His words were informative, yet simple all at once. Had he just offered her his services? Or had she been so desperate to believe it that she was making it up as he spoke. Perhaps he was trying to tell her to stay away. That he didn't want to be around someone as deranged as herself. But the hope that swirled inside of her pushed those thoughts roughly from the forefront of her mind. No. No he wasn't like that. The glint that was in his eyes as he put the pocket watch away. Those looked like eyes that she'd seen before. Except they weren't two varying shades of blue, but a brilliant hue of yellow as his white teeth glistened whilst the rest of him disappeared.

Jareth understood her plight, it seemed, even as he walked away without leaving her any information on how to keep in contact. The realization hadn't dawned on her until it was too late, his slim figure long since gone from her field of vision. He'd left her standing there, the now chilling breeze of the city swirling around her as her long blonde tendrils whipped about around her. Wrapping her arms around herself, she glanced down at the ground, her feet shuffling awkwardly as she tried to find a warm position. Had he honestly just offered to be her White Rabbit?

The question had chewed at her mind as she mimicked it to the insides of her cheek, her feet absentmindedly making her way home towards the warmth of a fresh cup of tea and a Cheshire eager to see what was troubling his Girl in Blue.

TAG; Jareth | WORDS: 665 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.