Posted: May 3 2014, 07:56 AM
75 POSTS
6'
what do you want me to be? I'm Nobody.
single
heterosexual
Wart

flying with my cape in the wind

It was a good day. A great day actually.

Spring might have reached the calender but so far it was taking its time actually getting to the city. There were cold days that lingered, and some places even still got snow...but not today. Today was the embodiment of spring. The air was crisp and clean despite a city full of cars, the sun was out and shinning, and a breeze was weaving it's way through the tall buildings.

For once he'd put aside his books, his training, and all the other things he usually did to keep himself busy. He wanted to have fun, even if the people he'd asked out today had been too busy to join him. His circle of friends on this side of the portal was relatively small, and most of them were just as busy as he usually was. So he really hand't expected for any of them to agree to coming out with him. It was rare that their days to themselves ever actually coincided with each other. They managed with what they could and got used to spending days on their own, which honestly wasn't that bad. Being alone could be kind of a breather. He was almost always surrounded by people these days and he could forget what it was like to get some time to himself. Not that he wouldn't have minded company, but still. You made do with what you had to work with and he'd always been good at that sort of thing.

In actuality the weather was really just a plus. The real reason he'd taken today off in particular is because a local bookstore was having a sale on comics and playing marathons of different superhero movies all day. If there was one thing he'd come to love during his time in this world, it was comic books. He gravitated most to Captain America, but he'd honestly pick up any comic book he found and read through it. It was a nice change of pace from the other things he read, something he could do and enjoy without wondering about anything else. Not only that but he could kind of relate to the characters in those stories, most of which were just normal people who had greatness thrust onto their shoulders. If they could face all that they faced with their head held high, then so could he.

Comics were how he unwound from a long, bad day. If he was feeling particularly off or grouchy, picking up a comic book and sprawling on his bed was usually enough to clear the shadow that hovered over him. He'd like to think a lot of his hope and optimism was some side effect of the sword, but he was pretty sure a good chunk of it came from the comic books too.

The store itself was a little thing, half hidden between a coffee shop and a small business. It wasn't one of the chain bookstores so it never really seemed packed or anything, but who ever had designed the interior took a lot of care making sure there was plenty of space for people to sit and read, while also keeping a decent book collection. When he walked in, all the front displays were showcasing a mixture of newer and older comics, with signs asking the visitors if they'd like to stay for some movies and refreshments.

He was a little late and so there were already some people with little stacks of comic books piled up next to them, collected around a projector as one of the X-Men movies played.

Arthur felt instantly at home as he settled into looking over the selection of comics, seriously considering a Captain America plushie, and a large omnibus devoted to him. Reaching out to pick up one particular comic, he stopped as another hand reached for it too. "Oh, sorry." He said lifting his gaze to smile at the person. "You can take it."

open | 666 (ehehe) | outfit | stuff

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: May 15 2014, 01:39 PM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Hm? Oh! Hi there! Is everything alright? I know everything around here seems scary, but there's nothing to be scared of! You see, there's this group. Filled with courageous beings. All looking out for you. Me? Oh. Heh. I'm just a nobody. Nothing special. But I'll help you the best I can.
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

I am the Goddess of Truth
Today was great. Fantastic even.

There was hardly a cold day this week, and as the approaching Free Comic Book Day drew closer, Lola could feel the anticipation as she pulled up her list of books she still needed. While she wouldn't get much time to actually look through the books, she knew that if she got there before the others, the owners of the shop would let her pick what she wanted before she was to play the role they'd asked her for. If not, then she wouldn't have been too upset. Some of the items she was looking for weren't as popular as the newer things coming out.

Donning the wrist cuffs and slipping her boots up to her knees, Lola took a quick glance in the the mirror before smirking to her reflection. Or, to Wonder Woman's reflection at least.

Ever since Halloween, her appreciation for Wonder Woman grew, and with the pictures that were taking of her from the party, she grew popular in the role. It was what led the owners of the shop to call her up. Dress up as Wonder Woman for Free Comic Book Day for the kids? Heck yes! She could be a super without spilling her secret identity! How awesome was that?

While the trip there was followed by weird looks and some occasional cat calls, Lola kept her head held high as she pushed open the doors to the shop, waving eagerly to the girl behind the counter. It was the same shop she'd gotten her spare Nintendo from, and met a friend that she held close to her heart. So to know that she got to help draw attention and entertain the best she could, meant something to her. It caused a warmth to blossom in her chest as pride washed over her, knowing that she was- in a way -doing what her parents wants her to.

The event was turning out to be a success. Other people had come dressed up, and there were some photos taken as the little children's eyes lit up wide. It wasn't every day they were able to catch sight of their favorite hero, let alone get to hug them or ask them questions; to which Lola did her best to answer in character. Inside, she was just an excited nerd. She wanted to talk to the others, find new friends to hang out with and possibly talk heroes with. Though a certain person caught her eye, and as she waved to Spiderman and a small group of children, she made her way over to the Captain America display with a wide grin upon her face.

She managed to reach out just as he did, their hands brushing against one another as he paused to apologize. A wide smile spread across her face as she took to crossing her arms over her chest. "I think it would better suit you, wouldn't you think?" The urge to giggle was strong, but as she held her ground she felt excitement bubble inside of her once again. She hadn't expected to actually find a friend here. Well, maybe Cupcake, but that was about it. She hadn't expected to find Arthur, though a part of her figured she should've known better. "It's been a long time, Friend. How've you been?"

this is for ARTHUR. it's 559 words. LOLA is wearing [URL=]this[/URL]
made by malone at caution 2.0

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
arthur alexandre drake
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 10:49 PM
75 POSTS
6'
single
heterosexual
Wart

The familiar voice threw him off guard for a second. His eyes lifted up from the comic books and widened slightly. Wonder Woman? No-

"Lola?" Whoa.

He remembered then that she'd worn that costume on Halloween, he'd seen her from a distance, but hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her. With familiarity setting in his face split in a grin to match her own wide smile. He honestly hadn't been expecting to find anyone here he knew, and it surprised him to feel the sudden relief at the fact that someone familiar was around. He didn't exactly know why, but it was kind of a relief to know he wasn't the only person from across the portal that enjoyed comic books so much. It was kind of funny actually.

"Yeah, yeah it has...you look great by the way. Just like the real thing!" He said beaming at her, he'd always loved Wonder Woman, even being a Marvel man at heart. In fact his face might have flared a little red when he'd noticed her. He still had a fair collection of DC comics, especially of the DC Trinity. Astrid had told him she was a fan, and he'd gotten her Christmas gifs based on that, it was kind of a plus to see just how much she liked comics in person for once. And not just on Halloween. Anyone could dress up as a hero for Halloween, it meant something when you did it on another day, and especially at a little event like this.

"I've been alright, got a puppy if you haven't heard from Astrid or Han already." He said "She's kind of destroying the apartment..." Of course she wasn't exactly a dog, or from this side of the portal, but their landlord didn't need to know that. Other then that he couldn't really think of anything else that might have been going on. His life had been relatively uneventful and he was still on the fence about whether that was a good thing or not. Then again seeing how eventful sometimes didn't end well, he was pretty thankful things seemed to be passing him buy. "Outside of that it's just been studying and training...and comic books." As he said the last part he patted the stack he'd already gathered for himself.

His eyes focused back on her, with that bright boyish smile shinning on his face. "How about you? How've you been?"

lola/solar | 408 | outfit | /squees

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 03:00 AM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Hm? Oh! Hi there! Is everything alright? I know everything around here seems scary, but there's nothing to be scared of! You see, there's this group. Filled with courageous beings. All looking out for you. Me? Oh. Heh. I'm just a nobody. Nothing special. But I'll help you the best I can.
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

I am the Goddess of Truth
The sly smile upon her face grew wider as Arthur's reaction to her costume was spot on. It was devious, just a bit, to garner his attention as she had, but at the same time- it was fun. How often did she honestly get to have fun like this? From all the work she did to make sure Eila and Thomas had a place to come back to when they crossed over, to crossing over and helping others; she was generally out of luck when it came to going out and having fun.

Though that was really what her time with Lydia was, but she knew her friend was busy living the life with her God.

"Arthur. Hey." A warmth grew inside of her as his attention still stayed focused on her. She knew from Hans that he was more of a Marvel man, and while she respected him for his decision, she was tied to DC. There were too many characters who reminded her of her family (even if Marvel had some of the same characters). She still enjoyed a good Marvel comic. She had her own fair share of Avengers comics stashed away in her apartment. It was just hard for her to kick her Tony Stark addiction.

It was good to see her friends from the Portal on this side. Rare, granted, but still a pleasant experience. Especially when it was somewhere she frequented.

"Thanks. I added a bit of things here and there since Halloween." Laughing softly, she took a half step backwards and held up her arms; striking a pose before she fell into a quiet fit of giggles, tucking some stray hairs behind her ear. Adjusting her posture, she found her arms crossing at her stomach as she nodded silently, listening to the news her friend had to offer.

Cooing at the mention of a puppy, she could only wrinkle her nose in excitement. "A puppy? I never thought I'd peg you for a puppy type." Was she so far out of the loop that she missed something as precious as a friend getting a puppy? Quietly she groaned to herself as her fingertips came to rub at her temple. She really, really needed to get back into the swing of things. Attempt to balance out her lives and reconcile with her small cluster of New York friends. "I think I missed that memo the last time I met up with Astrid an Hans. Granted, I've been spending a bit more time with Eila and Thomas here lately."

Nodding in agreement, she could sympathize. "Oh Lord do I feel your pain. Between work and the Resistance, I've been so strung out between everything I feel like I'm going to unwind any moment. Though I wouldn't trade it for anything." For the most part, that is. Everyone knew how she wanted nothing more than to have her family back. To fall back into the old lifestyle she had, even if she felt she wouldn't be able to stay so docile as she once was. "Some things never change, it seems. Though I will admit, I'm super excited about Thomas and Eila having a baby." A small squeal followed, to prove her excitement before her eyes widened and she covered her mouth.

"Oh gosh- you. You knew about that, right?" She wasn't sure how often he kept in touch with Eila and Thomas, but she was certain Astrid would've at least said something, seeing as the three of them were so close.

this is for ARTHUR. it's 592 words. LOLA is wearing [URL=]this[/URL]
made by malone at caution 2.0

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
arthur alexandre drake
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 09:36 PM
75 POSTS
6'
single
heterosexual
Wart

Ever since he'd crossed over, before he even really understood how to read. Comic books had drawn him in. He'd spent just as much time in shops like this, movie theaters, and convention centers as he he did doing training and homework. Maybe even more, seeing as he had a habit of taking his comics with him wherever he went so he could stop and read them during breaks or in those moments where he had nothing better to do than wait. In that time he'd seen plenty of people dressing up as various characters, even gotten the nerve to dress up as a few himself. Like Halloween and his Captain America army uniform. He was by no means an expert, but he liked to think when he looked her over again that he at least knew enough to really appreciate what he saw. It was clear she put a lot of thought and detail into the outfit

"You did an awesome job with it!" He still had that wide grin on his face, eyes flashing happily as he nodded his head approvingly. "It was great on Halloween, now it looks even better." Even the smallest alterations and changes could do wonders to something like that, and with her hair and eyes she could pull off Wonder Woman perfectly. "Like looking at the actual thing come to life...only better." After all she was a real life superhero. Sure, maybe there was a real Wonder Woman wandering around out there, but he didn't know her. As far as he was concerned she was just a character in the comics. Lola on the other hand came from a world where superheros were actually real. Her whole family had been heroes, and she even had the costume to prove it. "The kids are going to love you." He chuckled "that's why you're here right?"

Taking a moment to straighten out his comic books, eyes drifting to flip through another row. He shrugged, a little smile on his face as he thought about the puppy. "You'd think...but I was always good with dogs. I helped take care of Sir Ector's hunting dogs for him." Pulling out a few more comics at he spoke, he glanced up at her. "It's nice having her but she's a whirlwind and it's making me wonder if bringing her home was such a good idea. She's kind of not a dog...and we didn't exactly get her at the local pound either." He laughed nervously. That was one of his biggest worries when it came to the wolf pup. He doubted people could just have one in the city, and even so she wasn't exactly a normal wolf pup. For all they knew she'd get as big as her mother had been. Which was huge.

"Yeah, it's head to find time to just take a break." He sighed a little, shoulders slumping at just the thought, of all the things both of them did. Running at full capacity wasn't easy, and charging forward like they did probably wasn't doing anyone any favors, but it wasn't like they could stop. Still he found his smile again as he nodded in her direction "Me either...it feels good to be needed." Certainly when there was a time when he'd thought he'd be nothing more than a kitchen boy. "I don't think I'd ever unwind if it wasn't for these things." He patted the comics and smiled "We should take a break one day though? Just drag the others off someplace and relax for a while. I'm sure we all need it."

His head tilted "How's Thomas been by the way? Astrid hasn't told me much about how he's doing."

lola/solar | 408 | outfit | wow this took ages i'm so sorry x.x idk if you wanted to continue or scrap it cause so much has changed >.> so i just replied anyway

--------------------
user posted image
avi by stace <3
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.