Add Reply
New Poll

LET ME GO, Moira//Mira
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 03:25 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

A music festival. It caused a small smile to play across her lips as a small sigh escaped her lips. Hollis would have liked it. At least to an extent. They could have have gotten some Cheshire Candy and then just laid under a tree, away from the buzzing crowd of people as she ran her fingers through his hair and they listened to the bands playing. Simple. Peaceful. Something that they did time and time again whenever the mood struck them. But.... she wouldn't get that this time.

Swallowing the lump in her throat that threatened to stain her cheeks once again, she turned her head and started to walk away. She couldn't bare being here without someone to help distract her. To keep her mind from flitting back to the Cheshire she let go those three months ago. It was what was needed though, even as the tears streamed down both of their cheeks, she knew what he needed the most. New York wasn't the place for him, even as he tried. He needed to go back again, back to a land she once knew so well.

But honesty never made the pain feel better.

Absentmindedly she found her fingers playing with the cool necklace around her neck as her vision went blurry. Her breath caught in her throat as she pushed her way through the crowd. She couldn't be out like this. Couldn't risk the chance of running into a friend and explaining to them why she was on the verge of losing herself in a place that was so lively and thrumming with life. No one but her sister knew about their separation, and for right now, she wanted to keep it that way.

Breaking through the crowd, she felt the tears running down her cheeks and she quickly took to wiping them away, strands of fading pink and lavender stripes sticking to her hand as she quickly ran her hand through her hair. It was one of the few physical reminders she had that she was once claimed- no. She was still claimed; there was no changing that. She would forever be the Cheshire's. There was too much shared between them for that tie to simply cease to end. It was just tangled, much like the balls of yarn he liked to fiddle with.

A faint whimper escaped her lips as she found an isolated tree and sat herself under it. Drawing her knees to her chest, she buried her face into her knees as she tried to keep herself from breaking further into madness.

You'll create another ocean, Dear Girl. Don't cry.

His voice was still strong in her mind and a sob broke through, and as she clung tighter to her knees, she could feel the heat constricting in her chest as she realized, very firmly, that she was all alone. There would be no one to go home to. No one to brush the tears from her cheek and hold her close as the small kitten pawed at their ankles, begging for attention they wouldn't deny it.

She should have just stayed home.

Love that once hung on the wall Used to mean something, but now it means nothing The echoes are gone in the hall Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say I'm sorry it's too late I'm breaking free from these memories Gotta let it go, just let it go I've said goodbye Gotta let it go, just let it go
-------------------------------------------
Tags: MIRA| Words: 528|Outfit: TITLE| Notes: ;~;

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 07:45 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
dérive (n.) lit. "drift"; a spontaneous journey where the traveller leaves their life behind for a time to let the spirit of the landscape and architecture attract and move them
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

There were always quite a bit of people within the city - it was New York City after all. But there was nothing quite like a crowd of those people all found in one spot. Moira had seen the posters for the music festival around the dance company. Fellow dancers asking her if she was going, finding lists on their phone of bands signing on - and even a few fellow New York performers enlisting in the festival. Moira was there on her own, fluttering from stage to stage. Seeing the likes of Zoe Keating and her amazing cello playing and staying a while before finding that she was just in time to see Jack King play. She smiled, remembering him from their shared performance of Phantom of the Opera and him being utterly wonderful. In her mind there was no other Phantom. Only Jack.

And just as she was about to pull away to look at her phone and see the times for another band she was keen on seeing, she saw a familiar face. But she was so far away in the crowd. Moira tucked her phone away and she wove herself through the crowd with her dancer ability, making short time of crossing over to the part of the crowd that her sister in blue would be in. But once she got there she was nowhere to be found.

"Dyann?"

She said it more to herself than anyone - it would do no good to call out to her in this ruckus. The music was loud, the streets were always chaotic with their horns and loud exhaust from passing buses, and the people around her were just as much an addition to the overall ocean of noise. So she stood there looking around. Trying to figure out what in the world could have happened to her. If she was still in the festival around her then it was hard to imagine where in the world she could have gone.

Unless...what if she had left the festival? Moira turned on her heel and she looked to the sidewalk leading away from the music festival. And she didn't see her there either. The determination to find the girl that she so loved was wearing thin and she was thinking maybe it was all simply an illusion, perhaps she had only thought she saw her? That still didn't account for why nobody wearing the same thing was wandering around, but alas. Perhaps Moira was going quite crazy. She didn't quite know.

But as she was turning to go back to look at her phone as she stood there on the edge of the crowd of people, something caught her eye. She turned back. And there Dyann was - just as Moira had seen her - only she was curled up against a tree. Looking rather distressed or hurt. Moira rushed over. She was over in a hustle and she blinked down at the view of her fellow animated girl touched by a magic world and it broke Moira's heart. The poor girl was crying. She was upset. And Moira knelt down as she reached out a hand and touched Dyann's hand, resting it there as her eyes focused on the dear girl's utterly heartbreaking face. She did so hate to see tears in Dyann's eyes.

"Dyann my dear...what ever is the matter?"

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: sisters in blue <3
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 01:28 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

Pulling her knees closer, she couldn't help the trail of tears that ran down her cheeks. The faint voice of her Lover made her heart break even more as the realization that he was no longer there even harder for her to bear. The sting of salty liquid reaching the chapped lips that had all but been chewed off. Her entire frame shook as she breathed in sharply, unable to hold herself together any longer. What was done, was done- there was no going back; but it didn't stop her from hurting any less. Two years, no. No it was far more than two years. At least a decade of her life she devoted to him. To the world where she was finally starting to feel accepted. To a place where upside out and inside down were one in the same yet completely different from one another.

What hurt more, was knowing that it was a decision she herself offered. A decision she reminded him of when all their conversation when from it's usual Wonderlandness to that of a more serious topic. Of things that made her stomach turn at the mere thought of it all. They were important things, surely, but things she never wanted to see come to fruition. A selfish motive, surely, but who could honestly blame her? She had found love in the strangest of places, and in return found her true self.

But how was it at all fair for Him?
How was it fair to keep a Cheshire Cat locked up the way she had?

Perhaps she deserved it. For thinking such foolish things. Maybe it would teach her a proper lesson.

As she wallowed in her self pity, she was completely caught off guard by the gentle had that found itself on her hand. Jumping, she snapped her head up quickly leaned back against the tree, blue eyes wide in fright. That fear was quickly washed from her face as the sight of the brunette made her presence known. A sudden wash of guilt ran through her as she took in the sight of the concerned girl before her, and she felt her lower lip start to quiver as she tried so desperately to dry her face. "I-is-it's r-r-r-rea-really-" Her voice was broken and her throat hurt as she tried to tell her sister-in-blue that nothing was wrong.

But as the other's eyes continued to stare into hers, she only felt what little walls she had start to crumble as her efforts to dry her face were laid to waste. Instinctively, she reached out and latched her arms around the girl's neck as she buried her face into her neck. She tried once again, as hard as she possibly could, to keep from crying on the poor girl, but as a new wave of depression washed over her, the harder she found it to keep the tears within her swollen eyes.

Love that once hung on the wall Used to mean something, but now it means nothing The echoes are gone in the hall Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say I'm sorry it's too late I'm breaking free from these memories Gotta let it go, just let it go I've said goodbye Gotta let it go, just let it go
Tags: MIRA| Words: 492|Outfit: TITLE| Notes: ;~;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 06:44 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
dérive (n.) lit. "drift"; a spontaneous journey where the traveller leaves their life behind for a time to let the spirit of the landscape and architecture attract and move them
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

Moira had no idea what to do with a crying Dyann in her arms. The girl had looked so completely overcome by emotion that Moira was jarred and wracked with concern now. The tears were real, the sobs were heaving, and the arms around her were full of need. Need to have someone listen. Need to have a bit of comfort. And it was all Moira could do not to just cry as well. The fact that a friend was in pain was enough to have her nerves on end and her defenses on high alert. Whoever had hurt her friend was certainly about to get what-for from a very heated Moira. But first things first.

"Shhhhh, it's alright. Whatever it is, it's all going to be alright."

Her arm looped around to hold Dyann close to her. The other smoothed Dyanns hair as Moira's chin rested there on the girls' shoulder. The poor thing just needed a good cry. Whatever was bothering her seemed so very intensely serious. And just having someone she loved seem so deeply hurt had kicked Moira into caring motherly mode. Her eyes closed and she wanted so badly to hum a calming little riff of classical music to Dyann. But she would save that for the coming sleep over that was going to happen. Oh yes. Dyann might not have known it yet but she was staying over.

Moira was going to make her any pot of tea she wished. She was going to give her one of her most comfortable night-dresses and a pair of slippers. They were going to lay in Moira's oversized bed or upon a pallet in the living room. The lights would be dim and soft, comforting and calm - and they would spend the night talking or watching movies. Moira's hand stroking Dyann's hair just like in this moment. The hand starting at the crown of the dear girl's head and then falling slowly down the golden tresses and trying her hardest to bring some manner of serenity into Dyann's life. It felt like she needed it so terribly much.

Luckily the park they sat in was mostly vacant. Which was hard to find in New York for sure. People were everywhere in the city. But the whole of the metropolis seemed to be at this festival that was a hop skip and a jump away. So Moira felt the stillness around them washing over. She felt the girl in her arms and for a moment it felt like she truly was a mother. But she knew she was a sister to Dyann, a sister in blue. They were family and that was all it measured out to it. Moira would take care of her dear Alice from her Wonderland no matter what she needed.

"You're going to be fine I promise.
More than fine...you're wonderful."

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: omg all the sad D:
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 08:47 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

She felt terrible, knowing hat she had just launched herself at an unsuspecting Moira. She felt terrible knowing that she let her guard down enough to allow herself to break in such a public setting. Scolding herself internally, she knew that coming out here was a bad idea, but part of her also knew that she needed to come out. To get out from those enclosing walls of her flat and actually live again. Or, at least try to. This isn't how he would want her to be. Isn't how she wanted to be.

But sometimes it was just hard to live up to others expectations.

Her sister's hand felt reassuring upon her hair, and she felt the storm raging inside start to subside the longer she stayed in her embrace. Maybe this would be good for her, seeing how she'd denied herself the chance to actually express how she was feeling for so long. When she originally told her sister, she was able to bear the oncoming wave of emotions. She had a full week of teaching, then she had a few meetings with her editor after. She stayed busy.

Though the longer she went without being busy, the easier it was to notice he wasn't there anymore. No one was tugging at the back of her shirt wanting to lounge in bed with her. No one to kiss her honey flavored kisses as they tried to encourage her out of bed to go get food. Emptiness. Save for the small Calico that he'd gifted her last Christmas who also noticed the difference.

Slowly, she started to shake her head. It wasn't right. Wasn't fair! but what more was there for her to do? She knew fully well she couldn't find Wonderland on her own, and even with the guidance of Leon, she doubted they would be able to find it either. Only the Cheshire Cat was able to make it back home, that was something she was absolutely sure about.

Soft words reached her ears and she only clung to the girl tighter. She needed her friends near her. Needed to have Moira's motherly nature to calm her frayed nerves. Needed Chase to joke and poke fun about the things around them to make her smile. She needed them more than she ever needed them before. Turning her head on the girl's shoulder, she could feel the light from the sun burning against her closed lids. "I-I wish th-tha-that it were so..." Her voice was cracked, her throat dry from crying so hard, so suddenly. What she wouldn't give for a cup of tea.

Tags: MIRA| Words: 440|Outfit: TITLE| Notes: ;;~;;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 08:32 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

Seeing Dyann so upset had Moira racing through memories. Times when she was upset herself and needing someone to simply care about her after the whole upset with Basil. After Maren left. After everything with Hook. And that was only in this world, on this side of the portal. There were plenty of other times that she had needed a helping hand while she was still in London. Plenty of times that she needed her mother to smooth her hair just as she was doing to Dyann right in this moment. She had needed support so she had understood the value of such support and love. Sometimes all it took was just knowing that someone was keeping you in mind. Sometimes it just helped knowing that a person was there for you, whatever that entailed.

It also raced Moira right back to the multitude of times that she had been the caring person in the heart of everything. The core of some maternal love. It could have been her brothers, the lost boys, or perhaps a fellow dancer. She was always a person to lend a hand and try and soothe and ache. And that was doubly so for Dyann. The girl was from a piece of literature just as riddled with magic and she was a fellow minded British girl that was just as sweet as she could be. Moira loved her to bits, it was hard seeing her upset. And so as she heard the choppy words from her fellow sister in blue, she pouted sadly. There had to be a way to pep her up. Perhaps even going somewhere to talk about what so obviously had Dyann rattled and upset.

Moira pulled back only to wipe the tears from Dyann's eyes and push that blonde hair behind the girl's ears. Moira actually leaned in and kissed her dear sister in blue's forehead. Then her words were sugary sweet and her hand went down to find Dyann's as she helped the girl to her feet. Both of them standing under the sweet shade of the tree and Moira feeling the light breeze on the wind, glad for a relief from the heat. Wishing for a relief from all of this sadness as well - hoping that her plan would work.

"You need a good pot of tea, some food on your stomach, and a place to feel comfortable as you clue me in to what is going on. Sitting here under this tree simply will not do. My place is only a block or so away from here and you are more than welcome to come over. You can even stay over if that's what it takes. Whatever you need my sister."

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: ugh these two <3
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 12:42 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

The comforting hand upon her hair felt like a blessing to the distraught blonde. It had felt like ages since someone had taken the time to console her, to make sure she was alright. But then again, she had been holding her head high and succeeding in keeping her emotions in check. Even at home, she did so many things to keep her mind off the topic at hand: scrubbed the bathroom, reorganized the cabinets, changed the kitten's litter box. Small things that could easily tire her small frame to the point of exhaustion so she didn't have to think.

At least until she woke up alone.

Small hands locked fingers together as a fresh wave of pain washed over her, burning tears streaming down her face as she once again buried her face into her sister in blue's neck. It was embarrassing, acting out like this, and she knew it. It was unbecoming of one such as herself, and while she knew it- she couldn't help the pain that radiated from her chest. Just once. Just one time to completely lose herself in her feelings, was all she asked.

She was just glad Moira was the one to find her, and not some random stranger.

A change in temperature had Dyann blinking in the sun, the sudden light change hurting her eyes as gentle hands came to wipe her face clean. Keeping her eyes downcast, she sniffed weakly as she allowed the grip upon the girl's neck to falter, her arms falling to her lap as the warmth of the other girl's lips pressed against her forehead. She had to look a right mess, and as one hand came up to rub at her eyes, glad she had decided against any paint of the sort for them, she allowed herself to be pulled up to her feet. The breeze that past by ruffled the hem of her dress, the sudden sensation feeling strange to her half asleep legs as she awkwardly shuffled her feet in attempt to regain feeling in her legs.

Gentle words rung in her ears as she shyly tucked some stray bits of blonde behind her ears, sadden that his colors no longer graced her hair as they once did so many months ago.

Slowly she nodded, knowing full well that her sister in blue was right, even if she didn't want to tell her the heart wrenching news. Moira didn't need to feel the pain she felt, even though she knew fully well she experienced the same feeling not too long ago with her parting from Basil. The thought made her feel even more terrible, and she couldn't help latching onto the girl once again, glad that there were so close to one another to be able to express themselves in wordless gestures.

Allowing herself just a few more minutes of silence, she pulled back with a weak smile playing upon her dry lips. "T-that sounds ab-abso-pleasantly wonder...ful." Swallowing the lump in her throat, one arm came to wrap around her middle as the other brushed more hair behind her ear, ready to follow Moira's lead to some place less stressful. Tea really did sound lovely right now, especially something with chamomile or perhaps lavender. Something that went well with honey to help repair the scratchiness of her own throat.

Tags: MIRA| Words: 561 |Outfit: TITLE| Notes: ;;~;;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 07:55 AM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

The young girl in front of her was a strong one. Moira had read her book many times, and each time it was hard to imagine going through such a tumble in a world all by oneself. But Dyann had done it when she was simply known as Alice. The girl in blue with only her wit and determination to guide her. And it was no easy world to navigate. Most days Moira thought of the splendor and wonder that could be held in wandering around such a world. But times like this she could really see how much of a toll it could take on the mind of a person. Not to say that Dyann was mad like the people in that world of hers, but it certainly didn't help when the majority of the people you knew were Wonderlanders. Moira was sure that if she had stayed Wendy Darling in her blue nightdress inside the world of Neverland it would have been much the same. But both of them had escaped. Both of them had their taste of magic only to come running back to the real world. It was a place where marvels and magic were few and far between. And it was a world of hurt and pain just like the kind Dyann was feeling now. But it was real. And they both had chose it over the maddening idea of spending an eternity in a world that was not meant to house them forever.

When Dyann agreed to Moira's idea, the young ballerina smiled a little and stood. She was quite ready to get Dyann away from this place. It was not a place for such things. And she was all too ready to get back to the comfort of her apartment anyway. The emotional upheaval of seeing her friend so distressed and her own memories of losing Basil - it was all enough to send anyone towards the nearest teapot and comfortable blanket laying on the couch. So Moira waited until Dyann stood and she looped an arm in her own and she lay her head on the dear girl's shoulder for a moment. And they walked. Two strong women that were once simply girls - they had made it through so much and Moira knew in her heart that they could make it through this and so very much more. Nothing could stop the sisters in blue. They could conquer the world if they really felt the need to.

It was a short walk to the apartment building and Moira buzzed her way in through the front door and they took the elevator up to her floor. The new little flat that was her own since Maren had gone to live with Bastian and their other roommate had long since gone. Another girl from another magical world, now gone off to conquer college. It was just Moira now and everything was much smaller but it was cozy. And so when the door opened it was nice and felt like a home. Moira turned to her Dyann after closing the door behind the girl.

"How about you go take a bath, a shower, whatever you wish. Just wash off all of these bad feelings. I'm going to make some tea and maybe a few sandwiches for us okay? You can tell me whatever you want about whatever is going on after you've collected yourself and are feeling a bit better."

She got on her tippy toes and she kissed the girl's forehead.

"I am here for you. No matter what."

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: maternal / sister mode activated!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jan 27 2015, 04:40 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

Resting her head upon the brunette's as she laid her head upon her shoulder, Dyann sighed quietly to herself as she allowed herself to be led away from the awful memory that was forming in her head. Something that was suppose to help her; to ease the pain of losing Hollis, only ended making her feel worse. Made her unravel at the seams out in public. At a music festival no less! She was very much ashamed of herself as she silently followed Moira.

Lost in her own world, the only sounds keeping her from completely letting herself venture were the gentle click of Moira's heels against the rough concrete, Dyann couldn't help but wonder what it was she had done to push him away. Had she forgotten to buy honey? Or had she missed a hint for fresh tuna? Was the trip overseas too much for him? Making him stuck on a plane for the trip might have been too much. Too confining as he was use to being a feline with the world at his claws. Perhaps she was too greedy? Or was she not Alice enough anymore? Too lost in this world to fully grasp the one thing he had fallen for. Or, as it seemed to bubble to life in her head, was he simply bored with her? Hollis was a cat after all, and even Cheshire Cats got bored. That much was made certain to her whilst reading one raining afternoon.

A blaring horn caused her to jump, and her grip upon Moira's arm tightened as her head shook gently in attempt to rid herself of such unpleasant thoughts. No. That couldn't be.

The two of them had once dwelled upon that topic once before; though it was quickly short-lived. This wasn't his home, and Dyann understood that. She knew that he needed to be able to stretch his claws, and this world prevented him from it. And so, being the selfless creature she herself was, assured him that she would understand if he'd ever left.

Oh how simple things are when the ending result seems fictional.

The pain was much too real as she followed the brunette through the entryway to her apartment complex, the silent elevator ride only making her walk closer to her Sister in Blue. It wasn't until the door shut before her that Dyann blinked away the words that fluttered around her mind's eye.

A living room that was unfamiliar to her made itself known as she looked about, confusion written upon her face. When had Moira moved? Had it been that long since she'd reached out and chatted with the brunette? Blinking herself into the current situation, Dyann stared at Moira as she offered her home to her. Slowly she nodded, her hands coming to wrap around her small frame in a protective manner. As footsteps made their way closer to her, she looked through her lashes as Moira lifted herself up to place a kiss upon her forehead, causing a faint smile to flit across her lips. "Thank you," she whispered roughly, the action causing her to cough gently in attempt to clear her throat.

Twisting the towel in such a manner it would stay atop her head, she silently padded her way back into the living room, the fuzzy sweater (despite the heat that lingered outside-kept her comfortably cool) the perfect fit as the pajama shorts provided her with the proper coverage as her blue eyes scanned the area for Moira. Her skin was still slightly red from the drastic amount of heat she used to wash away the sadness that clung to her, but the smile that grew upon her lips at the sight of two steaming cups of tea seemed to bring a brighter color to her face as she made her way towards the small table residing in the kitchen.

Coming up beside the brunette, she wasted no time in wrapping her arms around her in a more friendly greeting, a silent 'thank you' as she held the girl close. She still felt hollow inside, the pain still a persistent throb in her chest as she placed a chaste kiss to the girl's cheek before reaching out to take the warm cup within her hands, inhaling deeply the relaxing fumes that flitted to her nose. "I am ever so grateful for the genuine gesture, my darling sister. Thank you, for being here for me."

Tags: MIRA| Words: 747 |Outfit: TITLE| Notes: I hope this works!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 05:43 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

As Moira got the tea ready, her mind was buzzing with whatever could be the matter. Why was Dyann out at a festival all alone anyway? Where was Hollis? Any of her other friends? Moira hadn't seen any physical injuries on Dyann as they walked so surely all of this upset was mental and she was dealing with something very trying. Possibly keeping it from people like Hollis and her other close friends. Moira certainly hoped not, the last thing she needed was to have to deal with something this obviously upsetting without any support network at all. The tea was brewing and Moira was now making them little sandwiches of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sundried tomato pesto all atop slices of fresh bread. It was a warm Summer day and so the sandwich fit the warm glow coming in from the window. The tea would compliment well and Moira momentarily let her mind slip away from her worry over Dyann. But it assaulted her again. Just what was wrong with her sister in blue?

It wasn't long before the girl emerged from the shower and Moira smiled grandly to see her at least looking like she felt a great deal better. The hug and little kiss on the cheek was entirely welcomed, and Moira let the girl have her tea without a word. Sitting down at the table where the sandwiches were sitting with their little side of kettle chips with a faint garlic taste. Nothing too overbearing, just a good compliment to the sandwich itself. Moira took a chip and then went for a bite that had a lovely hunk of juicy tomato. She certainly liked the fresh ingredients and she knew the sandwich was crisp and wholesome, the perfect thing for Dyann and her nerves. She needed food no matter what was going on in her life, and Moira certainly hoped she liked all of this. But if she didn't then Moira would happily make something else. She wanted her sister healthy and well.

"You don't need to thank me for being here for you, I am just glad I found you when I did. Seeing you like that was terribly troubling. I don't ever wish to see you upset in the slightest bit. And I'm glad the shower did you a spot of good, hopefully this food follows suit and gets you feeling something like your old self."

She wasn't about to ask what was going on, she would let Dyann tell her in her own time. That could be in a few moments, a few hours, or a few days. She didn't know. So long as Dyann was under her care and watchful eye then she would let the girl tell her, or not, whenever she pleased. She just wanted her to be okay. She loved her dearly. That's how family was, and they were family after all.

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: maternal / sister mode activated!
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jun 1 2015, 01:05 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

BUT I STILL REMEMBER

Moira was far too kind for her own good, Dyann thought as she sipped at her tea. Her eyes caught the sight of the freshly made tea sandwiches, and she could only smile longer. Had she been lost in the shower that long? Sitting down across from the brunette, she pulled her feet upon the chair and sat there with her arms around her knees as she quietly sipped at her tea. It was delicious, and just what she needed as she let her mind try and sort through the events that had recently transpired.

How would she go about telling her? It was obvious on the other girl's face that she was concerned. Surely she had to be thinking a thousand different ways of what could possibly be happening. The girl had to know. It was only fair. But where to start?

Adjusting herself in her seat, she brushed some slightly damp strands of hair behind her ear as she sat her saucer upon the table, a hand reaching out to pluck a beautiful sandwich from it's precious little plate. Moira always had the most adorable of dishes, another thing they had in common. Giving the small little treat without a word, her blue eyes took in the combination of white and red that stood boldly between the slices of bread. It smelled delicious, even from the distance she had it from her nose, and without delay she took a generous bite, her stomach making itself known how she had neglected it. The mozzarella almost melted in her mouth as the freshness of the tomato washed over her tongue. Simply delicious.

Grabbing a napkin, she dabbed at the corners of her mouth as she shyly looked up at her darling sister. How would she react with the knowledge that Dyann knew? She, just as much as anyone who knew her, knew what Hollis meant to her. Would she feel the same pain as her? Taking another bite, she withdrew her blue eyes to stare down at her nails as she kept a firm grip upon her cup.

Staying in silence as she finished her sandwich, she finished her tea before she scooted to the edge of the seat, unfolding her legs and letting her bare toes wiggle against the floor. She was trying to keep her composure, knowing fully well she couldn't explain what needed to be said with a wet face. "A-again, I-I'm terribly sorry you.. you had to see me like that." She could already feel herself crumbling at the seams, and nothing had been said about it yet. Unconsciously, her arms came to wrap around her middle. An attempt to keep herself together as she went about explaining to her dearest sister what happened.

He was gone. Their decisions having been made. She still supported him, knowing full well that this world was only dampening his true self. It was only a matter of time, her mind had concluded, before he grew stagnant with the surroundings around him. It was the only thing to do. She wasn't a selfish creature, but she couldn't help at times wonder if she really had done the right thing. Finally, with a shaken sigh, she lowered her head as she felt the tears streaming down her once clean face.

She couldn't help it.

"I-it... it hur-" Her words were caught in her throat as she pressed a hand to her chest. If she were to continue speaking, she knew it would only turn ugly. Hopefully Moira understood what she was attempting to say, and wouldn't ask for more words. She simply couldn't do it.

Tags: MIRA| Words: 610 |Outfit: TITLE| Notes: solateD8

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
moira angela oakley
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 11:48 PM
500 POSTS
5'6"
very confused
heterosexual
Wendy Darling

Moira almost didn't want Dyann to have to unhash whatever hardship she was enduring. Not speaking it aloud would save her sister in blue the pain of having to relive whatever it was. Moira knew that pain all too well. People that were inquiring about Basil and where he was, what they were doing for the holidays, when was to be the next time they could see him. All of those things made her use those acting skills that she saved for the stage - and she had to put on the mask of polite shyness and indifference as she side-stepped the question or let them know in no uncertain terms that he was gone. That was always a painful thing to have to say aloud. Each time, even if she wore the face of cool composure and collected-ness, she always hurt inside. Like someone taking a grasp of her insides and tightening around them in an iron fist. The pain was less so now after so much time. An echo of that still very raw and real feeling after it first happened. Now she was removed enough from it that it was easy to deal with. But as Moira looked into the eyes of her dear Dyann she knew that she was looking at someone who's pain was still very fresh and unhealed. So she waited for Dyann to open that wound and let it air. That was the only upside to all of this pain. The more she shared it, the more she let Moira in, the more it was like laying on antiseptic and fresh cloth to keep that metaphorical wound from festering and growing into something that would leave the poor blonde bitter and in agony for many more years to come.

Dealing with it now would save her life in the long run.

For the moment the desire to eat had over taken them both and so Dyann made sure to eat while the food was still warm. Moira smiled at her, glad to see her putting something on her stomach. Moira remembered all too well those first few weeks after losing Basil. Food in the first couple of days was all a blur. Everything fogged together and became a haze without clear cut meals. She must have eaten surely...but it was all too distant and rough to navigate those memories. The following days became more like an echo of an echo of an echo. She recalled fuzzy details and distant faces. Like remembering a dream. And she was sure food was within those moments too, but it was all so tainted with feelings doubling over and her own mind stung and throbbing with the memories that simply wouldn't let her go. And towards the end of it all she recalled trying to eat more and more. She had lost a great too many pounds and it was dangerous. So dangerous that she was nearly told by her company that she was going to have to be suspended if she didn't focus more on her health. Thankfully she had turned around in enough time that she hadn't lost everything. Just him. Just the first man she ever loved. And now she was stronger than ever for having gotten through it. Weathering the storm and coming out a warrior on the other side.

So, whatever Dyann was going through, Moira was glad to see her friend eating. Nothing but poor health on an already sickened and saddened mind could really make things worse. And food was just one key and very vital component to making sure one was alright.

She watched her sister in blue uncurl her little toes and sit on the edge of her seat, the coolness of the floor likely a comfort when everything else could feel so abstract and so adrift. Moira watched carefully as Dyann braced herself to explain what had happened to her that had rattled her entire world. And somewhere in the back of Moira's mind she felt like she already knew...even if she prayed she was wrong.

"A-again, I-I'm terribly sorry you.. you had to see me like that."

"Think nothing of it. It's not a bother to me Dyann dear."

Her voice was calm and melodic. Trying to sooth in the same way she had seen her own mother deal with a frantic Michael when he had been awoken from a horrible nightmare. That same voice came from her own lips now and she blinked big blue eyes while looking at her dear friend and feeling her stomach try to still itself. Her fingertips were cool and settled upon the nearly empty teacup that she grasped firmly with both hands. She knew she was bracing herself for whatever it was Dyann was trying to unload in this moment.

And then it all came out. Like the water from a flood gate spilling over. And Moira's gut clenched and her heart seized and she felt her eyes watering over as she watched her dearest sister in blue explain all too well the things that Moira knew herself once before. Twice before. Moira, more than anyone else, understood the way that emotions could sizzle under the skin and pull at your every fiber. They could throw off all logic, muddle all thoughts, and make everything seem so surreal and completely encompassing. Nothing about the loss of a loved one was easy, and it sounded like Dyann had to deal with much the same abandonment that Moira herself had to with Basil. It made her question if she was good enough, interesting enough, whatever enough. It shook your very foundation and made you question if you were indeed able to be loved. She knew Dyann must be feeling much the same. And as her friend broke down and physically lay herself out not able to keep up appearances anymore - that was when Moira moved from her seat and she propped Dyann up until she was stable and still. But sitting here at a table simply wouldn't do. Moira lifted her up and she placed Dyann's arm around her own strong shoulders and Moira led her darling sister down the little hall and towards the bed that had just had newly cleaned sheets applied this morning.

"I-it... it hur-"

Moira lay her friend down and she un-tucked the covers from their spot enough that Dyann could get cozy under the blankets. She didn't want Dyann to finish her words, she rather the girl was quiet. And so she very calmly and mother-ly shushed the girl while running her hands over the girl's bright blonde hair. Trying to soothe her as she sat there and tucked Dyann in and leaned over enough to run her fingertips along the girl's hair - a calming mechanism to try and ease the tension and lull the nerves.

"Shhh shhh Dyann it's alright. Shhh. You needn't speak now. You only need to sleep alright?"

And she just let her hand stroke through the girl's hair. She felt such kinship with her in this moment. Such anger at that damned cat for doing this. And such sorrow in knowing just what her dear sister-friend was having to endure. She would help her through all of this. She would keep her safe and make sure she knew she was loved and ensure that she took care of herself properly. Moira's hand slowed it's pace and she took a deep breath, beginning to hum a lullaby that her mother had done for her and her brothers many nights when there was a particularly bad storm or a terrifying nightmare that may creep up and consume their young minds. This whole situation was a nightmare. And Moira would be the eye of any storm that Dyann had to face. As she hummed and let the hand glide through that silken hair she knew in her heart everything would be okay, it would just hurt for a while. But all would be well.

They would weather through this storm together.

tag: dyann dear [wearing] | notes: lots of words happened
thanks

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.