Add Reply
New Poll

[polite society] up in smoke, dyann/solar
jonathon alec lowell
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 12:17 AM
166 POSTS
6'3"
Why hello there. I must admit I was not expecting to see anyone around so early. Is there something I can do for you today? Please don't hesitate to ask if you need something of me.
taken
heterosexual
John Rolfe

"In her eyes I'm prince charming but to him I'm just some fellow
riding in and stealing Cinderella"

The leaves of central park already starting to change. Their crisp green coloring brightening to yellows and oranges and reds, a wave of fire against the soft blue of the sky. A few eager ones had already fallen. John loved fall. The coolness that came as the seasons changed and the bright flash of color before everything withered and died. Becoming a blanket of brown leaves that covered the trials of Central Park and ground to mush as the shoes of New Yorkers crushed them. The air was sweet, fragrant with the scent of the on coming autumn season. But off. It was missing something.

John shifted his messenger bag as he dug in his pocket, fishing out his cigarette pack and silver lighter. He fished on out and placed it between his lips, lighting it and taking a long drag as he stuffed the pack back into his pocket. A thin stream of smoke left his lips, curling up before his eyes like a vine before dissipating. The scent of the cigarette mixing with the musky smell of changing leaves. That was it, the scent note he was looking for.

A quick glance to his watch told John that he needed to pick up the pass a bit. With everything that was going on at the company, his boss was constantly stressing and his short fuse was even shorter. The last thing that John wanted was to have his head bitten off. Again. He inhaled another lungful, disappointed when he found that he was nearly done with his cigarette. The brunette groaned, the sound mixed with a plume of smoke, and he tossed the butt of his morning cigarette into the ashtray of a nearby trashcan.

Fingers slipping back into his pocket, John contemplated having a second one. He traced the lid of the pack weighing his options. He shouldn’t. He really, really shouldn’t. After all, he was trying to cut back in an effort to try and curb his addiction. Maybe one more wouldn’t hurt. He could always have his lunch break cigarette now instead of later. That was viable wasn’t it?

It was the sound of arguing that drew his thoughts away from the tobacco in his pocket. A man spitting angry words at a young woman. His face turning a rather ugly shade of purple making the dingy grey of his hair stand out even more. Seeing the man in such a rage like that in public made John frown. How uncouth of him, he decided as he watched the woman walk away in a huff, likely to stalk home. Seeing such ungentle actions irritated him to no end. Shaking his head, John dug out another cigarette and placed it between his lips. Honestly...Whatever happened to manners and etiquette?

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
Alice is amazing <3
PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 15 2014, 12:42 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

she lives in a daydream
The crisp autumn air. The slight hint of winter riding on the edges of the passing breezes. The scent of cinnamon wafting from the bakeries and small Mom and Pop stores of the busy city of New York played a large part in lifting the spirits of the young blonde who found her fingers wrapping tightly around the small paper cup of hot cider as she kept the lid close to her nude lips. The scenery helped clear her head as the sound of crunching leaves caught her attention under foot, causing a small smile to curl at the corners of her delicate lips.

Her bag hung over her shoulders, slightly plump from the extra baggage of a nights worth of homework waiting to be graded. Adjusting the strap with a quick slip of her fingers, she kept her head bent down as a fresh breeze blew past her, tinting her nose and cheeks a gentle pink. The weather was charming, and she couldn't help but silently wonder how long it would last. At least before the bright oranges and reds of the dying leaves turned to browns and grays, a blanket of white threatening to cover them all.

Slipping past couple after couple, she couldn't help the small little hole that started to grew within her stomach. The little pit of loneliness and despair that would strike when she saw those who were still together. Still very much happy. Suddenly, the blonde shook her head, one arm coming to wrap around her middle as her lips pursed against the plastic of her cup's lid. Moira would not approve of such thoughts. "I mustn't," she whispered to herself as she straightened her back and continued her walk of solitude.

Quickly crossing the street, she took the familiar shortcut through Central Park in hopes that the autumn colors would lift her spirits once again. Instead of the delicate laughter of children playing in the raked leaves, she heard the sound of shouting. Lifting her head in the general direction, her heart fell at the sight of the couple arguing just a head. Biting the inside of her cheek, she paused in her walk, hand clutching her cup harder as she silently wondered if someone should assist the young woman. It seemed as if the two of them were in a much heated disagreement- enough to make his face change colors that would make the Queen of Hearts herself jealous.

Smiling coyly to herself at the thought, she wasn't aware of her feet moving on their own again until she found herself bumping into the solid frame of another being.

Stumbling backwards a bit, her blue eyes snapped up in slight fear of the gentleman's (at least she hoped he was) reaction, praying silently to whomever was listening that she hadn't gotten cider upon his jacket. "O-Oh goodness me! I'm so terribly sorry, Sir. I-I wasn't looking where I was going." Swallowing the lump in her throat, Dyann felt herself shrink as her feet turned inwards in their shying manner. "I- I do hope you aren't hurt..."

TAG; Jon | WORDS: 519 | OUTFIT: HERE
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
jonathon alec lowell
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 05:35 PM
166 POSTS
6'3"
Why hello there. I must admit I was not expecting to see anyone around so early. Is there something I can do for you today? Please don't hesitate to ask if you need something of me.
taken
heterosexual
John Rolfe

"In her eyes I'm prince charming but to him I'm just some fellow
riding in and stealing Cinderella"

Deft fingers searched his pockets for the leather bound lighter that had been a gift from Jo their first christmas together. Even after all this time, it still managed to flicker to life without so much as a sputtering spark. John half wondered if there had been some sort of enchantment placed upon it. Unending gasoline. The very idea made John snort as he finally detangled the lighter from the mess within his pockets and raised it to his lips. That would be a waste of magic indeed in his opinion. Of all the things one might put an unending replenishment charm on, that should be one of the last things. Food or perhaps medicine would have been a better choice in his mind.

Then again, he was likely just getting carried away with his imagination. A point proven as turned the spark wheel and received nothing but the sound of metal against flint and a fluttering of a spark too weak to truly cause the wanted flame to jump to life so that he could feed an addiction that he truly did not need. Time and time again, the spark failed and John frowned. Once more he'd try. Once more then he'd head home and see about replacing the lighter within the handmade case.

But, just as his finger turned the wheel, something knocked into him. The sudden jarring making him gasp in shock, the cigarette falling from his lips. It bounced once, twice, on the path before it rolled off into the first strands of the grass in mocking laughter that he was sure he could hear. Oh well, there was nothing to be done about it now. The cigarette had fallen into the dirty streets of New York and that was not about to be something he was going to pick back up and stick in his mouth. He might have thought differently if he was in Virginia back during his time when the ground wasn't, well, covered in God knows what. This was just another sign that he truly needed to quit and kick the habit once and for all.

Turning to the woman who sputtered apologies at him, John nodded. “It's quite alright, Miss.” He slipped his hands into his pockets, putting the lighter away as he did so. “One often gets lost on the road of life so no harm done.” He offered her a small smile, green eyes flickering over her form. Blonde hair and brilliantly blue eyes, the woman was a small thing in comparison to his own height. He could hardly fault her for bumping into him, what with how he'd slowed to a stop in the middle of the pathway. At the very least, despite being jostled, he had to commend her for even having the courtesy to apologize. Most in New York as he'd come to find were content in simply carrying on their way, as if the collisions never occurred. He'd even experienced a time or two when harsh words were thrown back at him, as if he hadn't been the one mindful of his route. Surely this was what happened when a teenager rebelled against their parent, he thought wondering if America had stayed a part of Her Majesty's Empire if things would have been different.

Running a hand over his hair, the brown locks starting to get a little shaggy he noted absently. “Besides, I wasn't exactly standing out of harms way...So, my apologies for lacking common decency.” He said it sincerely, not a drop of sarcasm tinting his words as he held out his hand. "I'm John."

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
Alice is amazing <3
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.