Add Reply
New Poll

LET'S PLAY A GAME;;, open
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 12:55 AM
68 POSTS
5'10"
I saw it, I saw the sun. It was everything, it took everything.
N/A
single
pansexual
spirit of mercury

i have seen
all there is, was, and will be
It'd been a while since he'd gotten to hang out in the park. Though he wasn't really sure if it counted as 'hanging' when you technically lived there but whatever. Small details that didn't really matter in that moment. Point was he was here, the air was kind of chilly, and it made him feel oddly at home. Not that he didn't like living with his siblings in Calder's home, he actually loved it. He'd just gotten so used to being on the streets, same for the man who's body he'd taken, that it was hard getting used to something different. Even if that different thing was a thousand times more comfortable.

He'd missed the big open space, he'd missed having the sun's rays constantly beating down on him, in the summer he'd missed the heat that radiated off the pavement. He even missed the cold, crisp air thought it went right through him...no matter how many layers he wore. Most of all though? He missed the noise. He'd never realized that out of everything he'd miss the noise of the city the most. Way out there where there was hardly anyone around, the silence was nearly deafening. For him, for someone who had no sense of sight, hearing nothing so completely was almost enough to drive him mad.

Today he was back in the city, back in the park where he belonged. Stretching and letting out a yawn, he let his hand fall back onto the handle of Apollo's harness. Even without the dog leading him Cyrus was pretty sure he could walk these paths with ease. He knew, at least this part of the city, almost as well as he'd known every crack and dent on his surface.

"I know just what to do today buddy." He said, impish grin spreading haphazardly across his features.

They'd made their way to a more secluded part of the park, and Cyrus let Apollo lead a little more until he felt the dog stop. They'd reached a raised path, a ledge that came up to chest height on him. Sliding his hand over the top to make sure it was empty, he set the bag he was carrying on the ground, and started to fish out the empty beer bottles he'd lugged with him. As carefully as he could he lined them up along the top of the rail, trying to get them about the same distance from each other.

Once that was done, he walked a couple feet until he was standing a good distance away, on the other side of a path. Then he stopped, got a good feel of where the bottles were with a brush of wind, lifted a hand ( making a gun shape for added effect), aimed, and 'fired'. All it took was a focused blast of air and one of the bottles fell to the ground with a smash.

"Perfect....now to wait for people..." Was it technically a con if he used his god given talent? Hearing footsteps coming up the path, Cyrus smirked.

"Hey! You! Want to see something cool?"

THANKS! || outfit || this loser

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Nov 13 2014, 02:57 AM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

A thrill of happiness rushed through the ginger as she found herself kicking at the large piles of fallen leaves along the trails of Central Park. Lips stretched into a wide smile, it was hard to contain the laughter that rushed past her tongue, drifting up into the chilled air above her. Autumn was quickly coming to an end, and with the threat of Winter just around the corner, Hazel couldn't help but take advantage of the slow days to go out and enjoy the scenery.

Itzel and her girls could handle the shop for a few hours. She needed a change. A quick rush of inspiration. There was only so much she could take of being in her cozy little shop right now, especially with Christmas looming over her shoulders. She wanted to invest in something ciderish for her shop. Something with apples, lots of cinnamon, and even cloves. Anything that wasn't pumpkin or peppermint. This was her time to show her beloved customers what she could do, and what better medium to do that in than with the comforts everyone sought between Halloween and Christmas?

Breathing in deeply, her arms outstretched as she exhaled slowly, bright hazel eyes opening up to the world around her. Her fingertips casually grazed along low hanging tree limbs as she took to casually strolling through the grass. She understood that the sidewalks were there for a reason, but she was more of a woodsy type girl. Nature was her friend, and if she had her tail, there was no doubt in the world it would be twitching to no end.

Her mind was mulling the possibilities of an apple cider frosting atop of light sponge cake when the sound of shattering glass caught her attention. Blinking rapidly, she turned her head this way and that in search of the sound. When no broken glass caught her attention, her eyes found the site of a man with his dog casually relaxing by a wall. With a brow raised, she found herself slowly making her way towards them, the leaves crackling under her foot.

"Hey! You! Want to see something cool?"

His voice caught her off guard and she froze for a moment, unsure of what to do. Well, it was too late for her to leave, he'd already caught sight of her. Looking around with a worried expression upon her face, she couldn't help but wonder if there was more behind the man's gesture than wanting to show her something. Should she be worried? He looked so excited to see her, so maybe seeing what he wanted to show her wouldn't hurt?

Biting upon her lower lip, Hazel's eyes switched from the male to his dog, before shifting his attention back to the male before her. "O-Okay!" Hopefully he wouldn't hear the worry in her voice as she cautiously took a few steps closer, her hands coming to cross behind her back as she slowly inched closer, silently hoping that all he wanted to do was show her something, and not whisk her away to do whatever it was crazed New York men did to innocent women.

♥ lauz
Tag: Cyrus! | Words: 529 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
*saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*
PMEmailAIM
^
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: Dec 1 2014, 07:51 PM
68 POSTS
5'10"
N/A
single
pansexual
spirit of mercury

i have seen
He had an audience, good. She sounded a little apprehensive, his hearing was good enough that he'd become an expert at judging people's emotions and feelings through their voice. Something that was rather useful considering he couldn't look at their faces or into their eyes. As Mercury he'd never had to worry about judging people based on their actions, but the one whose body he'd taken had been rather good at reading people. A talent he'd picked up from living on the streets before he'd joined the crew of the fatuma. It was those memories that told Cyrus just how telling a person could be in how they moved and acted. He kind of wished he had the ability to do that, but he supposed he could make do with what he did have. As far as he'd been able to tell it was a lot harder to control one's voice anyway.

"Hey, relax." He flashed a grin in the woman's general direction. "Believe me we're harmless." As he spoke, his hand moved and Apollo lifted his head to press against his palm, allowing Cyrus to pat him gently and scratch him behind the ears. "One of us is even trained."

Lifting his hand, he gestured at the bottles. "Nah, I just want to show you a trick is all. I've been practicing, and well see those bottles?" He started moving away from the wall, putting distance between himself and the bottles. "Come on, step back with me. I wouldn't want you getting hurt by flying glass or something." Gesturing for her to follow, he stopped a few yards away, when his feet met grass instead of pavement.

"They're straight ahead right? Can't see so...you're gonna have to help me out on this part." He chuckled, taking a moment to wave a hand in front of his face. His eyes didn't follow, he didn't even blink in reflex at having something coming so close. He was maybe getting a lot excited. It was silly really, a stupid trick but he was bored and she was here. So at least he was getting a chance to show off. Even if he got nothing out of it beyond a few laughs. "What I'm going to do is knock one of those bottles off that wall from all the way over here. No rocks or nothing, easy-peasy, right?"

Apollo stopped next to him, nudging against his leg and letting out a little whimpering sound. Which made Cyrus pause for a moment "Oh! Where are my manners, I'm Cyrus by the way and this is Apollo." He smiled, and would have extended his hand to shake but handshakes always made him feel a little awkward. Especially when he felt cold and other people were so warm. He didn't know if he could control his absorption on days when the breeze leaked through his layers like they were nothing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Dec 28 2014, 11:38 PM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

Slowly creeping her way closer to the strange male and his canine, Hazel didn't feel as much reassured from his grin as he was hoping she would be. He was still a stranger, and there was a still potential hazard of having to run. Something that she was very much not looking forward to when all she wanted was to come out for a walk. Just to enjoy the nature before the chill of winter fully set in.

A soft chuckle passed her lips as her eyes darted once again from the male to his dog, uneasiness still churning about as she kept a somewhat decent distance from him. "I'm not sure how reassuring that was suppose to be. But.... I'll trust you..."

Lifting her gaze in the direction the male pointed, an eyebrow raised in disbelief at the words which fell from his mouth. What was he trying to do? Turning her head she stared as he started backing away, before the definition of what he was saying rang through to her mind. "Oh! Yeah, no..." Still confused, but now curious, she took the few paces back with him to 'stay out of harms way.' Standing an arms length away from the male, her arms crossed at her chest, Hazel stared at the man with her eyebrows cocked, disbelief obvious written on her face.

"Yeah, I guess they're straight ahead, I'm not really behi-" Her words were caught off guard as she managed to get a better look at his face as he waved his hand in front of it. There was an expressionless look to his eyes, and if stared at carefully, it was blatantly obvious that they weren't functioning properly. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't- I mean." Her hands shot up to cover her mouth as she attempted to remove her verbal foot from her mouth. Nodding her head, she quickly shook it as she gave her forehead a gentle slap. He can't see that you dummy. "Um... yeah. Just a... a bit to your left I guess....?" She honestly wasn't sure without getting directly behind him.

Taking a few steps closer, she paused as her mouth parted in attempt to understand everything he was saying. "Knock down.... the bottle....." Turning her head, she looked from the bottles to him. "But.... how?" Her disbelief was obvious now as she scurried to stand behind him, eyes wide in attempt to grasp how he was to do it with no rocks or such other things. "I don't... it's not possible!"

Movement to her left had her looking down at the dog who was attempting to grasp his owner's attention. "O-oh! Uh... yes." Kneeling down, she scratched Apollo between his ears with a smile upon her face as she greeted him. "Well hello there Mr. Apollo! It's such a pleasure to see someone with manners such as yourself." A giggled surfaced as she stood up, brushing her hands off on her jeans. "Cy-rus." Slowly sounding out the man's name with a small nod on her head. "Hazel!" Her name turned out to be a sudden, almost squeak, and she laughed a little at her new found excitement. "S-sorry. I got a little excited there. My name's Hazel."

Rocking on her heels, her hands clasped behind her back as she peeked her chin over his shoulder, shudder a bit at the sudden cold chill she felt. "So. Mr. Cyrus. How are you going to break these bottles without any rocks? Is there someone hiding in a tree I don't know about, or is Apollo going to do all the work?"

♥ lauz
Tag: Cyrus! | Words: 607 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 05:31 AM
68 POSTS
5'10"
N/A
single
pansexual
spirit of mercury

i have seen
"A little trust is all I need." He said, that easy smile still on his face. It wasn't doing much to calm her, but he was sure she'd get there eventually. At the very least she'd be too busy in awe over his amazing little trick that she'd probably forget all about how apprehensive she felt. Plus it was totally understandable. People could be less then friendly around here, and he'd stopped his fair share of incidents where some poor lady got jumped to know that at the very least her fears weren't unfounded. New York was a dangerous place for a lady on her own, and he was doing his best to reassure her that he'd never try to hurt her, at least not intentionally. He her plenty of people by accident on a daily basis, hopefully today he could keep his less controlled ability under wraps.

Once they were a safe distance away and he got her to tell him the general direction of the bottles, he could get started and hopefully get her less agitated.

He apologies once she realized he couldn't see though, that made him smile. It wasn't the first time, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Someone didn't notice until he'd pointed it out to them, and then usually they reacted just like she did. "Hey, no worries. I'm pretty good at foolin' people." He said, waving off her words and grinning. "Most don't notice until I tell em' or they put two an' two together." He pointed at Apollo, and the harness he wore. It had a special bar that was usually sticking up so that he could better lead his owner around. Except for the moment the bar was down and the harness looked like just a regular dog harness if you didn't look carefully enough. "Thanks for the heads up though." One of his eyes winked in her general direction, as she took a step to his left. Sending out a silent breeze to 'feel' a more accurate picture of where exactly he needed to stand to face the bottles.

"Now don't go sayin' something's impossible. You never know." He was grinning again, wide and all too excited. Something he was happily recognizing in her. He could hear it in her voice and that was good. They were getting somewhere now.

"Hazel. I like it. Nice to meet ya'" He gave a nod in her direction, snorting slightly as she spoke to Apollo. "He's just a kiss-up is what he is. Likes getting attention way too much." Ruffling the dog's fur, he turned his attention back towards where the bottles were sitting on their wall. "I'm wounded. You have no faith whatsoever." Still smiling, he shook his head "I mean, I know we just met but you're already accusing me of cheating." One hand moved to rest over his heart, and overly-dramatic gesture. "Hits me right here."

Then the smirk was back, and he took a moment to roll up his sleeves. Taking his time, and drawing out each gesture like a magician putting on a stage show. "You just watch and see Hazel. Keep your eyes on the bottles." He pointed, then made a gun gesture with his fingers.

"Bang."

He focused on the wind, funneling it into one shot and whipping it at the first bottle in the line. A slightly beat up Bud-Light bottle, that shattered to pieces with a loud crash.

His grin was so wide now it hurt his face, and he wished more than anything he could see her expression. Turning his head in her direction, eyebrows lifting "How's that for awesome?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 11:46 AM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

She couldn't help the giggles that passed by her lips as he tried to play the victim card. He was funny, and at the same time sweet. His jokes made her feel a bit more comfortable, but she was still a little at edge with the thought of being with a complete strangers and his dog in Central Park. At least he seemed to understand it, because he kept the jokes coming. Though his comment on being able to fool people made the hair on the back of her neck stand on edge. Was it possible for him to be lying?

No. No don't think about that. Try to stay positive. That's what was important right now. "Yeah. Trust. I think I can manage some of that..." Her words were a bit hesitant as she tried to assure herself.

Taking her place behind him, she could only roll her eyes as a small smirk played upon her lips. All of this talk about breaking bottles without help had her standing on edge. She could feel the excitement bubbling inside of her, and she was likely to explode if something didn't happen. It was obvious with how her words seemed to come out in a rushed speed.

"You know, I'll believe it when I see it. So come on. Out with the show. Otherwise I'll say more of these 'hurtful words' you dislike so much." Her voice held a teasing edge to it as she quietly giggled, her hands finding their way to rest upon his shoulders. A slight shiver ran through her, though she didn't think anything of it as she leaned in closer. "You know, it almost seemed like you're jealous of Apollo." The giggle that followed was innocent as she stood upon her tiptoes to get a better view. "Eyes on the bottles. Got it."

In reality she watched as he raised his arm. He seemed so confident. How was he suppose to do something like break bottles with just his finger? But when he said "Bang," it was only a fraction of a second before the abused Bud Light bottle exploded, sending glass shards everywhere. Her eyes grew wide as her mouth hung open, and she found herself staring in disbelief. Glancing at his face as he turned to grin at her, she couldn't help the facial reactions that played upon her face even with the knowledge he couldn't see them.

"That... but... HOW?!" Taking a step back, she stepped around him and slowly made her way closer to the wall. Reaching out, she picked up a glass shard and turned it around in her fingers before turning back to him. "That.... just... oh my gosh. I mean," she stammered her words as she held up the glass shard, once again- with knowledge that he couldn't see her. The all too pleased bark that came from Apollo caused a weak laugh to escape her lips. "Way too awesome."

♥ lauz
Tag: Cyrus! | Words: 495 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
cyrus mercutio helios
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 09:26 AM
68 POSTS
5'10"
N/A
single
pansexual
spirit of mercury

i have seen
Showing off came as naturally to him as breathing. He'd always been a bit of a showoff before, racing around mother in an attempt to get her attention. They'd tried to drill it into his head that doing the same here could be dangerous. He was supposed to be laying low and not making a spectacle of himself, but honestly he didn't really seem to care about the whole getting caught aspect of it. All he wanted to do was have a bit of fun, and if he was lucky maybe make a few extra dollars. Living on the street wasn't exactly easy and even though he could stay in the complex if he wanted to, the idea of being cooped and living off of someone else's generosity just didn't sit well with him. Or at least, it didn't sit well with the boy whose body he'd stolen. The other soul inside of him might not have spoken much or really interacted with him in anyway other then a few memories or sensations now and and again. But Mercury had come to realize that he had a large amount of pride and didn't enjoy when they were given handouts. Unless of course, it was on their own terms.

There was a little hint of a smile, perhaps even a little smug, as she stated that he had a little of her trust now. Good. Though the expression did falter somewhat when her hands touched his shoulders.

It took every ounce of self control he had not to stiffen or yank away at the contact. A precaution more to protect her then it was because he didn't enjoy having someone touch his skin. He could feel her warmth through his clothes and his body absorbed it almost hungrily. Drawing it in to fill the void his own lack of temperature left inside of him. A sensation he tried desperately to lessen so it wasn't too noticeable.

"And what if I am?" he tried to keep up the casual, joking tone to his voice. The smirk on his face managing to at least not feel as strained as he thought it might. "I mean can you blame me? He's got that whole handsome thing going for him." A little chuckle, before he focused on his trick. Feeling her anticipation and not wanting to keep her waiting for much longer.

To his great relief ( and perhaps a little sadness from his more selfish side ) she released him once the bottle broke. The heat he'd absorbed from her was gone not seconds later, and he was back to what counted for normal in his book. The smile on his face back to its bright setting, back at ease with himself and the situation now that he wasn't actually posing a threat to her health in someway.

"See, told ya." He was grinning, and his head tilted up just slightly in pride. "Thank you, thank you." He took a bow in her direction, over exaggerated and low. "I'll be here all year." That blank stare leveled somewhere towards the sky though his attention was very clearly on her. "And you doubted me, shame." His nose crinkled a little as he teased, hands stuffing into his pockets before he moved back in the general direction of the wall. "You see I could tell you, but then there's the whole 'i'd have to kill you thing' and you only just started to trust me." He shook his head "That's just not good manners." He shrugged "Plus you probably wouldn't believe it if I told you. Most people don't." his brows furrowed contemplatively, a hum of consideration as he thought "Those crazy homeless guys yelling about the second coming and zombies give the rest of us bums a bad rap I think."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.