Add Reply
New Poll

I got it!, tag: solar/hazel
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Jan 14 2015, 01:49 PM
88 POSTS
5'2"
I've learned a lot about my talent. Most importantly how to love it. Now I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up. I kind of wish I'd known that back then...
Single
bisexual
tinker bell

dashing through the snow ----

She'd made a promise to herself not to mope over Vera as the holidays got closer. Even if most days she was so worried about what might have happened to the fast-flyer, that she just couldn't focus. Not on tinkering, not on looking for lost things, nothing. No matter how hard she tried to pull her mind away, it always wandered back eventually. Which only served to drag her further into sadness. She didn't really know what they'd had between them, but it had certainly started to feel like something. Or maybe she was just reading too much into it? Who knew, surely if there had been something there, Vera wouldn't have just vanished on her like she did. Right?

"Stop thinking about it." She muttered, pouting, and letting herself flop down on a park bench. "You came here to have fun, don't spoil it-"

And now she was talking to herself too, great. Groaning Tamzin let her face fall into her hands, blond curls tumbling over her shoulders. Who was she kidding? She didn't want to be out here, she wanted to be curled up in her bed with a cup of cocoa or something. Maybe stay there until spring came back...or Vera.

The thought that followed made her cheeks flush and her lips press together, for a moment before she surged back up to her feet. Have fun, remember. Have fun!

There was plenty of stuff for her to do out here, and what other time did she get to enjoy winter? Most of this stuff was still new to her, and she found herself wanting to try everything at least once. Even if it sounded a little crazy, like going into freezing water. Who did that? Answer: her. If she could get the guts to try. The point was that even if she was feeling down, she wasn't capable of being sad for forever. Being a Tinker made her naturally curious, and with a talent as strong as hers she seemed twice as curious as even the average fairy. She wanted to know things, go through new experiences. As sad as she felt she could at least count on being able to push that sadness back to where it didn't bother her for most of the day. Then she could deal with it later, or not at all depending on how she felt once she got home.

Stuffing her hands in her pockets and pursing her lips, Tam walked with a very determined stride down the path she'd been standing on. Heading towards the sound of people, as a cold breeze nipped at her face.

She certainly couldn't have missed the scarf that nearly hit her face, even before the person she guessed was its owner called out to her. The long strip of fabric caught her by surprise and she jumped, letting out a little squeak. A delayed attempt to grasp it before it flew off, failing as it slipped through her fingers and back into the air again.

"Oh. Oh!" She tried to jump up and catch it, but the scarf was already twisting up and out of her reach. Which wasn't that difficult considering just how tiny she was. Her fingers just barely brushing it before it went and tangled itself in the branch of a tree. A good foot or two above her head.

Determination set into her features. "I'll get it!" She didn't know how, but if she had to climb the tree to do it, then that's what she'd do. How hard could it be, right?"

hazel | coming soon | idk | template by sam

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Jan 14 2015, 01:57 PM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

Bright hazel eyes grew even wider as she eagerly tried to take in the sights of the Winter Wonderland that was laid out before her. Everything looked so bright. So fresh and new. As if everything was untouched and was beckoning her to run through the fresh powder.

Winter was the one time of year Hazel would normally hide from, once having been a small little thing on the other side of the Portal. It was hard for her small squirrel frame to travel through the snow in search for acorns without making it back to her hidy hole in her tree soaking wet and shivering, especially when there wasn't another squirrel for her to nuzzle up to and use to warm up against. Since crossing the Portal, she was still hesitant to venture out into the bright white wilderness that became of the city with the fresh snow, but with each passing year she found herself adjusting better each passing season.

This year was different. There were advertisements all over the city for activities that just called to her excited heart. It didn't help that her customers were more than excited about the Winter Wonderland, and would rattle on and on as they made detailed plans on where and what they were going to do first. Even with the wind that attempted to ruffle her hair under her cupcake beanie, she wasn't about to let it ruin her chances of a good time.

Snow crunching under her boots, she couldn't help but twirl with her arms out stretched as a laugh bubbled to her lips. Much like a small child, she made her marks in the snow by kicking her feet playfully in the snow drifts, the disturbed snow swirling about as the wind blew. The visions before her sparked her creative mind, making her think of sugarplum muffins dusted with a sugar topping while peppermint almond bark cookies brought an even larger smile to her lips. While there were cons to her being out in the cold, there were also pros as she thought of new ways to spoil her customers.

She just needed to remember that, without Itzel continually trying to push her out the door.

Inhaling the crisp air, her eyes closed as her shoulders rose. Feeling at peace, even with the tip of her nose tingling from the cold wind that blew around her, she found her hands fiddling with the squirrel scarf about her neck. It had become slightly unraveled in her childish endeavors, and in her attempt to fix it, she found herself crying out as an oddly strong gust of wind blew past her, ripping her scarf from her delicate fingers. "Oh no!," she cried out, turning on her heel to watch the fall colored fabric float in the air just above her reach. "No! Wait! Come back scarf!"

Huffing through her nose, she started off after her scarf, her boots leaving deep impressions in the snow as she ventured forward. "Catch that scarf! Please!" With her arm extended, she attempted to catch the blonde's attention before she was slapped in the face. A defeated groan escaped her lips as it slipped just past the girl's fingers, and Hazel worked on picking up her pace, even with the burning of the cold air in her too warm lungs.

Catching up to the girl, she was breathing slightly heavier than normal as she looked up at her scarf residing peacefully in the tree before them. Groaning in displeasure between pants, her eyes rolled in their sockets as her head started to shake at the girl's response. "N-no. It-it's alright." Breathing in deeply, she focused on catching her breath before turning hazel eyes to the blonde beside her. "If you can give me a boost, I should be able to reach that branch over there," she offered as she gestured to a somewhat low hanging branch. Granted it seemed the two of them seemed to be on the shorter end of the height spectrum, it would be possible for her to get up there.

All see needed was a nudge, and she could climb her way up with ease. At least, she hoped it would be with ease as she eyed the tree before them.

♥ lauz
Tag: Tam! | Words: 718 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
*saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*
PMEmailAIM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 01:44 AM
88 POSTS
5'2"
I've learned a lot about my talent. Most importantly how to love it. Now I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up. I kind of wish I'd known that back then...
Single
bisexual
tinker bell

With the scarf in her face, and her subsequent attempts to catch it as it fluttered through the air. She didn't get much chance to see the owner until the other woman came running up beside her. The fact that the two of them were about the same height made the whose situation seem just a touch more desperate. She rarely met people her own size, and it was kind of refreshing not to have to look up at someone's face when you talked to them. Except today would have been a good day to have some height if not on her end, then at least on the other woman's. "Are you going to be alright?" She said cautiously, watching the other attempt to catch her breath, eyes never straying from the scarf for more than a moment. "I'm sorry I didn't catch it sooner, it kind of surprised me." A little laugh, like bells ringing before she focused her attention entirely upon the tree again.

Hands on her hips, she squinted up at the branches, her nose crinkling in thought. "I can try." She said, turning back to the other "I'm not very strong though so I probably can't do it for very long...or lift you very high." Hopefully it'd be high enough, otherwise they'd have to find some other way to get up there. "I really hope it doesn't tear, it was a very nice scarf from what my face could tell."

Sucking in a breath, hands clapping together once. "Alright. A boost, I can do that." Put those tinker muscles to work for something other then playing with bolts and screws. "Hmm-" She inched closer to the trunk of the tree, blue eyes flicking up and down over it's height trying to gauge just how high this tree was and how much effort it'd be to get to the scarf. "probably best to do it from over here...and then shimmy along the branch to the scarf."

"Um...that's pretty high. Are you sure you're okay to do this? I mean, what if you fall or something?" Her eyes filled with concern for this stranger, lips pressing together. "It looks like it'd hold you, but..." Eyes drifting down to look around where they stood, thinking maybe she could find things to tinker up some other solution.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: May 3 2015, 12:11 AM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

The feeling of cold air rushing into her lungs caused her to pant a little as she attempted to catch her breath, a smile attempting to play upon her face as the blonde before her asked if she were alright. "J-Just peachy!" There was a stinging sensation in her throat as she tried to pace her breathing. Normally something so short wouldn't have bothered her, but with the winter chill more than settled in, it seemed it played a nasty role in her pampered lungs. "I've done worse..." there was a laugh hidden in her words as her mind thought back to her faithful encounter with the wolf who had gone after the boy squirrel. That, in itself, was a death defying move, and while there were times she found herself frowning at the memory, in times like this she found it to be reassuring.

"It's- it's alright. H-honest." Pushing herself from her hunched position, her hands found a resting place upon her hips. Offering a bright smile to the blonde, whom she was more than surprised was her own height, she tilted her head back to stare up at her scarf. Lost in the heights of the tall tree. Her offer still stood: If she could get a boost, even just a small one, everything would be alright. A small grin appeared on her face, and she gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "It is, isn't it. Which is why," she paused to roll her shoulders before continuing, "I'm gonna get it back."

Ever since she had been introduced to Squirrel Girl, Hazel found herself attempting to be as great as the girl she'd come to know and love. So trying to show off what little "heroics" she had caused her to miss the blonde's analysis of the tree that was holding her scarf hostage. "Hmm? Oh." Walking closer, she gave the tree a good hearty once over before her natural instincts took over. "I could, but that branch, just to the right of it," she pointed up to it to show the girl, "has less snow on it. Better traction to grab hold." As the girl grew quiet, Hazel tore her eyes from the much desired prize to grant the girl a warm smile. "I've climbed worse trees than this back home." Though you don't need to know I was a squirrel at the time. Nor did she need to know she'd actually slipped from a tree just a year ago. Thankfully the young man was there to catch her, otherwise she'd possibly be out of a career. Or a life, for that matter.

"Just a small boost. Then maybe a little guidance from your part." Even if it was just a little gymnastic boost, she could grab it. Though, glancing down at her boots, she felt her face twist in displeasure as she noted the thick wedges that gave her a smaller boost. Glancing back up to the scarf, she bit down on her bottom lip as she wondered how long her fragile human feet could handle the cold. "You just, ya know.... gotta trust me..." Which was easier said than done sometimes, but as she let a giggle slip past her lips, she couldn't help but wonder if the blonde believed what she was telling her.

♥ lauz
Tag: Tam! | Words: 553 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
tamzin clara wright
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 09:35 PM
88 POSTS
5'2"
Single
bisexual
tinker bell

The girl said she was okay but Tam was hard pressed to let the concern slip away just yet. Her lips pressed together in a slight frown, and her eyes kept flicking from the girl to the scarf above their heads. Not wanting to take her gaze off of either of them for longer then a moment. Or at the very least until her new acquaintance looked as okay as she wanted Tam to believe. A somewhat mumbled "If you're sure." accompanied the other's insistence, but the concern didn't really start to ebb until the scarf's owner straightened and began to breath easily. The cold making each breath puff out in frosty white, as Tam let her own hands settle onto her hips in a somewhat similar posture. If a bit more cocked to the side, and reminiscent of someone considering options. As her gaze was inevitably drawn back up to the branches of the tree. "Just try not to faint," A little smile, "we'll never get it back if that happens." Oh probably not true, she'd get it back one way or another and give it to the girl when she woke up. She could be determined like that, and surely if she thought enough she'd have found someway to get the scarf down on her own.

She kind of wished she could think of something right then, or that she at least had tools to put something together. The idea of climbing up a tree seemed surprisingly far-fetched to someone who used to be a fairy. Especially a fairy who spent a fair amount of time around a particularly large tree...though she'd half wondered if the Pixie dust tree was as big as she remembered, or if it had just felt that way because she'd been so small. "Well, then I'll do anything I can to help." There was a determined nod and her demeanor seemed to change completely. Determination might as well have been her middle name, once she set her mind to a task she would get it done no matter what. And surely between the two of them getting a scarf down from a tree wouldn't be entirely impossible. So Tam's jaw set, her eyes practically swirling with the excitement of the moment, as vigor replaced her prior concern.

Letting her gaze drift towards where the other pointed, she nodded in understanding. That made sense, and it at least seemed like the person beside her knew what they were talking about. Hearing that they'd climbed trees before certainly helped eased some of the former fairies anxieties, though not by much. She still felt a little apprehensive about the entire plan, and was worried about what would happen should someone so small fall from such a tall tree. "If only I could fly." The statement was said somewhat absently, more to herself then to her companion. A forlorn expression shadowing her face as she looked up at the tree, one hand moving sliding up and over her shoulder to rest unconsciously on the wing marks the portal had etched on her skin. She could almost feel her wings, could maybe even imagine them if she closed her eyes. Lot of good any of that did her though.

Snapping out of her reveries, she blinked herself back to attention as she looked at the other and nodded. "Alright. If you think you can do it then I believe you can." A smile spread across her face, and the brief bout of sadness was gone and replaced by a practical sunbeam. "So you just want a boost?" She took a moment to peel off her gloves, mouth setting a little as the cold air brushed against her newly exposed fingers. "Probably best for grip without those..." One eyebrow lifted slightly, "How are we going to do this? Do I try to hold you up...toss you?" She took a step back, standing closer to the tree and almost below the branch, still smiling.

"I trust you. So, lead the way." There was a small nod on her part, but she stood with her hands on her hips. Ready and waiting for further instruction. "Oh, and by the way my names Tamzin." a small laugh "You know, just in case this goes horribly wrong somehow, you at least get my name." It was teasing, but then again; "I should warn you, I'm kind of like an accident magnet."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Aug 30 2015, 07:17 PM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

There was a gentle laugh as the blonde agreed with her. At least Hazel knew she wouldn't be alone in this en-devour. Someone would be able to assist her in her time of need.

Nerves started to prick at the back of her neck and run down to her fingertips the more she stood and stared at the tree. Surely it couldn't have been that tall, could it? Everything was taller when you were only mere inches from the ground. So how bad could it be if you were just over five foot? Chewing on the inside of her cheek, Hazel silently wished she was able to just transform into her natural self and scamper up the tree. This would have made the entire situation over a thousand times better.

But the blonde would have panicked and possibly fainted. Or ran screaming.

It was hard telling with some people.

Hazel eyes focused on the blonde when she openly wished she could fly, and the slightest trace of a smile peeked at the corner of her lips. "That would make this a lot easier, wouldn't it?" Flying was something she secretly wanted to be able to do as well, but as a squirrel the closest she got was gliding. But still, flying!

Rolling her shoulders once more, she gave another assuring nod; more for herself and for the blonde before her. Nerves were not something she needed to be thinking about right now. That was something she should have encountered on large orders that had less than a twenty-four hour due date. Not climbing a tree.

Glancing down as the blonde removed her gloves, Hazel felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. She would really have to remove her boots, at least for the sake of the girl's hands. "Yeah. Just a boost. I can get a running start if you stand just a few ways from the base of the tree." That should be good enough. Just don't do anything overly extravagant. Slipping her hands from her own gloves, she stuffed them in her coat pockets before she started to shuffle her feet together. "I'm gonna make a makeshift path though. So there's less drag against my feet, ya know?"

Making her way back to her original spot, she leaned over and started pulling her jeans up. "This would be so much easier without pants on..," she muttered to herself as she worked on unzipping the boots from her calf. Keeping her foot in the protection of said boot, she worked on the other one before straightening up. "Alright. I'll try and make this fast. Once I get up there, coming back down won't be a problem." I hope.

Laughing, she shuffled her feet a little before inhaling deeply as she pulled her legs out of her boots. "Haaaaa-zel. Whoo, that's kinda cold!" A louder laugh escaped her lips and she shook her head, holding her arms out to assure the girl, Tamzin as she introduced herself, that she was alright. "Hazel, sorry." Again she laughed. She had to have looked so ridiculous right about now. "Don't worry about a thing. I'll be alright. Friends say I could have been a squirrel in a past life!" In reality she was still a squirrel- just stuck in a human body.

Inhaling once more, she closed her eyes to steel herself before snapping them open with her exhale. "Alright! Here I come!"

Pushing off with her right foot, she made sure to inhale through her nose to keep her lungs from suffering too much. Her soles cried out in displeasure with each step she took, but her scarf was calling her name. She needed to get it. One of her girl's got it for her. It was precious. Gathering speed, she waited until the right moment to take her leap, bending her leg up as she readied herself to help launch herself up.

Seconds seemed to flash by her as her foot made contact with the Tamzin's hands, and she wasted no time in shooting herself upward, arms outstretched as she kept her eyes on the goal.

Life seemed to run so slow as her mind played tricks on her. The branch seemed to move further away the closer she got, and it wasn't until her fingertips brushed against the bark that she latched tightly onto the fridgid bark. A squeak echoed through the air as she held onto the branch for dear life, her weight pulling on her arms. "G-got it!" With a grunt, she kicked at the air before her damp socks made contact with the tree before she managed to shimmy herself onto the branch.

Breathing heavily, she sat upon the branch in a straddling position, her heart racing in her chest as her cheeks grew warm with the sudden movement. Leaning over, she waved down to the blonde below her. "Made it! See? Told you we'd be okay!" Lifting her head, she could see the scarf just a few branches away.

"Now I just have to get it...."

♥ lauz
Tag: Tam! | Words: 853 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.