Add Reply
New Poll

love you like a love song, 06. Marissa Minerva Delmara
marissa minerva delmara
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 07:08 AM
54 POSTS
5'9"
I remember, music and laughter. I remember having a heart full of love and needing nothing else ever again. I remember, but I've forgotten and now all that's left is silence.
broken
heterosexual
queen athena

every beautiful thoughts been already sung
She'd come to this event on a whim. Not so much to find a date or her one true love, but rather as a fun little activity to do on an otherwise lackluster Valentine's Day. It wasn't often she found herself doing something fun and stepping out of her comfort zone a little bit. A habit she'd resolved to change when the new year came around and brought with it that strange fever dream. Maybe a speed dating event wasn't exactly the most conventional way to go about that sort of thing, but she'd seen the fliers and the decision to sign up had been pure spur of the moment.

She had to admit that for what it was worth it had already uplifted her spirits. She couldn't help but smile and laugh ( especially at herself and how silly this all was ), when they settled her at one of the tables. Almost instantly Marissa's hands were darting over the table in an attempt to keep her occupied. Long, slender fingers brushing the wrinkles from the tablecloth and picking up the little placement card with her assigned number. Tapping it against the table, before dropping it back in its place once more. She was itching to pull out her music, something to listen to as she waited, but stopped herself by folding her arms and resting her chin on them. An attempt to keep herself from squirming too much.

All around her people were finding their tables and the first assignments. She was content to people watch as she waited, only glancing up as a long, slender shadow loomed over her table. Gaze lifting, she brought her head up to look at the person she assumed was her first 'date'. Propping her head up with a hand and using the other to tuck her hair behind her ear, she smiled. "Hello," It was hard not to giggle or laugh, she still felt all around giddy over this whole thing, and it showed in the flash of her eyes. "I'm Mari, and welcome to our date..I guess."

boysboysboys | outfit | notes | template by sam

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 02:56 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

freak like me

Unamused eyes looked around the room as he leaned against the back wall. This was stupid. This holiday was stupid. The Hostess was too excited for this, which only caused him to roll his eyes in annoyance. Why was he even here again? He could easily be taking wallets from eager men wanting to impress their woman. The thought caused a smirk to cross his lips, one that seemed to catch the curious gazes of other males, which only earned them a glare. Stupid Transition Center and signing him up for this shit. Why'd it matter to them if he had a date or not? Better yet, how the fuck did they even know where he lived? He walked out of that office years ago.

Sighing heavily as the other males started to clap, he waited until the majority of them had cleared out before casually kicking himself from the wall, slipping past a rugged blonde who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. "Either shit or get off the pot man. Move it." His tone dripped with annoyance, even more so than his expression, and it caused the Hostess to look at him with a worried look upon her face.

Glancing down at the number on his slip, he looked up and scanned the room for the table he was suppose to sit at. There was a large number of girls here, and some of them looked mighty desperate. Tight tops and heavy make-up. It caused him to chuckle, especially when he looked at the others: the nervous ones who kept fiddling with things, and the women who were already drinking. He wouldn't mind sharing a table with a couple of them. His table had a brunette who seemed bored with herself, or at least so on edge that she resorted to pinning herself down. "Great. A fucking whack job.," he mumbled under his breath as he made his way over.

Silently he stood beside he table, watching as she seemed to stare off into space. He really did get a fucking nutcase, didn't he? Nose twitching up in disappointment, an eyebrow rose as she shifted in her seat to look up at him. Her eyes were bright, almost too bright as he noted the heavy green that stood out against her dark complexion. Alright. She didn't look too bad.

Nodding in greeting, the corner of his mouth twitched into a faint smile as she tried not to giggle over her own words. Total fucking whack job. "Great. Sounds wonderful.," he droned as he lazily sat in his chair, elbow propped upon the arm of the chair as his hand held up his head, hair falling over his arm. "Damien. Bored. Unamused. Your turn."

i’m on the train that’s pullin the sick and twisted, makin the most of the ride before we get arrested, we’re all wasted, and we’re not going home tonight covered in black we lack the social graces, just like an animal we crawl out of our cages, they can’t tame us, so if you’re one of us, get on the bus
-------------------------------------------
Tags: MARISSA| Words: 459|outfit| Notes: trololol

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
marissa minerva delmara
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 06:43 PM
54 POSTS
5'9"
I remember, music and laughter. I remember having a heart full of love and needing nothing else ever again. I remember, but I've forgotten and now all that's left is silence.
broken
heterosexual
queen athena

She was here for fun. Something in her heart told her that she would not find love here, no matter how hard she looked, and the first young man to come to her table certainly helped cement that face in her mind. Not that there was anything wrong with him, he was just so much younger than her and clearly not interested in being there. Still she wasn't about to let something like that dampen her spirits.

"Well aren't you quite the charmer." Chin resting on her palm, she studied him for a moment "Pleasure to meet you Damien." Her smile never faltered in the slightest, though her eyes did wander to glance around the room before settling on him again. "You don't strike me as the type to come to something like this? Mind if I ask why?" A soft chuckle "Not that I don't appreciate the company." She'd only come to bring some new personalities and faces into her life. A fun little Valentine's activity to give her something to do that didn't involve bothering Henry or Lauren for company. She felt bad enough letting them do so much for her on a daily basis. There was no need to add pity dating on that list.

"How about we start with something easy? If we're supposed to be getting to know each other, what kind of music do you like?" One eyebrow arched up, fingers shifting to brush her hair back behind her ear. She still felt that giddy excitement, from earlier but she'd calmed down now that the event had started. She'd been meaning to work herself out of her comfort zone, and though her memories of what she might have been like before...her life had been turned on its head. She did know that she wasn't shy and as strange as this situation might seem, there was no anxiety or tenseness. Instead she was calm, relaxed, fingers tapping out a little melody on the table top.

"Think you could perk up a bit. I doubt I'm interesting, but I'd hate to think I'm that dull. This isn't a funeral sweetheart." her nose crinkled as she laughed "We've got seven minutes, but with your attitude it might just feel like an eternity. Lucky us."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Feb 21 2015, 02:08 PM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

freak like me

Her voice caused him to glance up from the table, brows raising as she smiled and greeted him. Why was she looking at him like that? Was he amusing to her? Raising his head from his hand, he was silent as she questioned why he was here. "I'm here because someone apparently thinks they know what's best in my life." He grimaced as his eyes shot off into the distance, giving a glare in the general direction of whatever asshole thought they were clever enough to sign him up for this.

Slouching back in the chair, he felt his leg to twitch against the leg of the chair. He was bored. Antsy. There wasn't enough action. Too quiet. Sighing audibly, he heard her voice and his eyes started to roll by instinct, only to shoot a quick glance in her general direction at the mention of music. Well that was a fast topic change. "Music?" His momentary confusion was easily read upon his face as he pondered the thought. At least it wasn't your favorite color. Or where you work. Lesser of two evils he supposed.

"Anything loud. With a lot of bass. Heavy Rock? I guess that's what it's called? Or that weird crap that a lot of club play. That really fast paced shit that's sorta digital? Fu-" He paused in his choice of wording, wondering if he should at least tone it down a bit. She was being nice, after all. Didn't judge him by what he obviously looked like, or the attitude he presented her with. "But I don't know what it's called.," he quickly finished with an annoyed huff at himself.

Shooting a childish glare at her when she mentioned perking up, he only snorted through his nose. "A funeral would be more comforting," he murmured under his breath before sighing heavily. "If that's the case, where's the closet?" It was an attempt to lighten his mood, but if the woman would catch on to his joke, it was beyond him.

i’m on the train that’s pullin the sick and twisted, makin the most of the ride before we get arrested, we’re all wasted, and we’re not going home tonight covered in black we lack the social graces, just like an animal we crawl out of our cages, they can’t tame us, so if you’re one of us, get on the bus
-------------------------------------------
Tags: MARISSA| Words: 338|outfit| Notes: 4th wall breaking go?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Feb 22 2015, 05:15 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
I got a halloween head. Head full of tricks and treats it leads me through the nighttime streets.
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

Zev liked talking with Hazel. After both of their initial anxiety about the entire event, it was sort of easy to make conversation. Apparently, Zev was good at making conversation because as soon as he mentioned Hazel's bakery, she was eager to chatter. There was something nice, something comforting about talking with someone who shared the same social anxiety as he did. Or at least, he assumed she got nervous in social situations the same way he did.

When the bell rang, Zev's nerves returned and he smiled again and waved before walking off to the next table. The ease he felt disappeared and he could feel his shoulders hunching over. His body was taking up it's usual standoffish nature. C'mon, Zev. Pull it together. That punk redhead who just left the table couldn't possibly made a solid impression. Zev thought, he knew, he could do better. He could barely meet his new date's eyes as he sat down.

When he finally looked up, he smiled weakly, happy to see that she didn't seem to be as nervous as he was. She was older than Hazel. That would be different. His mind went blank again. Conversation. Right. Easy. Zev cleared his throat quietly, trying to remove his voice's usual initial gruffness.

She was pretty, with eyes like the ocean. He assumed. He didn't see much of the ocean but Zev could bet it was often the same shade as her eyes. "Hi, he said. Zev tried to maintain eye contact and he scooted his chair closer. "I'm Zev. How's your date night going so far?" That was good, right? A good starter.

words: | wearing: this | notes: mermaid and werewolf!

--------------------
user posted image
made by the talented and beautiful sam !
PMEmail
^
marissa minerva delmara
 Posted: Feb 22 2015, 07:40 PM
54 POSTS
5'9"
broken
heterosexual
queen athena

Well she supposed it was a given that no every one of these little dates would go well. Not that she had anything against the young man who'd sat in front of her for her first round. It wasn't his fault he hadn't want to be here, and she sorely hoped that one of the other ladies would do better at catching his attention then she did. As it was, she waved goodbye and sent him a parting good luck, before settling back down in her chair. She supposed anyone else might have been somewhat disappointed with that outcome, or even feel disheartened at this whole event. Except she wasn't really here looking for anything, just passing the time. So when her next date came walking up she was more then able to flash a welcoming smile. Hand moving to take the one he offered.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Zev. I'm Marissa, but most just call me Mari." Retracting her hand she folded her arms over the table, and shrugged a shoulder. "It's going alright." She chuckled, eyes glancing over towards the table that Damien had moved to, glad to see he seemed to have found someone whose company he enjoyed. "Perhaps not the best date night I've ever had, but I'm sure it could be worse." Her eyes flicked back towards him, "How about you?" He seemed nervous, and a little aloof and her body relaxed in response. An attempt to ease any nerves he might have had bouncing around.

"If you don't mind my saying, just your greeting is already a big improvement."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
zev talbot manon
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 08:06 PM
96 POSTS
6'4"
I got a halloween head. Head full of tricks and treats it leads me through the nighttime streets.
lobones
heterosexual
the wolfman

It was amazing to Zev that his next date didn't even seem to react to his appearance as he took his seat. When he walked in, people glanced in his direction, letting their eyes linger a little longer than most. It wasn't because his striking features were particularly attractive. They were simply striking. His height, his build, he knew it already. He was intimidating. Even Hazel at the last table expected his demeanor to math his build.

Sometimes his attitude was dark and intimidating. For now, though, he was trying to let the kindness, the need he felt for social interaction, shine through. He didn't want to slink down at each table and growl. So he made the conscious effort to try and talk. Lucky for him, this woman, who was older than his last date, seemed refined and understanding.

They were shaking hands. It still, to this day, caught Zev off guard. The feeling of another hand in his, the longing he felt for the simple human contact and he cringe it sent up his spine never ceased to confuse him. It also amazed him that a woman's hand was always so small in his.

"Nice to meet you, Mari," he said with a small, close lipped smile. Being around her made him sit up taller, straighter.

His eyes followed hers to Damien and Zev couldn't help but grunt out a laugh. "It could be worse," he agreed, before turning back to Mari. His stomach dropped a little at her next question. "How about me? I...I've been on much more disastrous dates." He wasn't sure why he was admitting that. "Usually I just avoid them altogether, so this is going pretty well." He tried to give another grin, hiding his teeth. "Night's just starting. Maybe you'll meet your Valentine." He suddenly realized she might think he meant himself. His eyes widened a little and his hand found his curls.

Her compliment made him relax a little. "Well, uh, thanks. That actually means...a lot. Yeah? So, Mari. What's, uh, your story? What do you like to do?" He pulled the same question he did with Hazel. Seemed to work at the last table.

words: | wearing: this | notes: mermaid and werewolf!

--------------------
user posted image
made by the talented and beautiful sam !
PMEmail
^
james warren slight
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 10:49 PM
179 POSTS
5'6"
Hi, I'm James! I'm a boy, okay? Not some icky grown-up. I won't ever grow up, not as long as I could stop it! If you try, you're just a codfish, and codfish are the absolute worst!
single
girls are icky
slightly

cause i got a golden ticket!
Conversations with adults, James had decided, were all boring to some extent. Or just really really terrible. It was all ‘how was your day?’ and ‘what did you do?’ and ‘how are you?’ with the expected answer being ‘fine’, and if you said anything else, you were entirely wrong. That just didn’t sit well with him, not one bit. He wanted to talk about real things! Like climbing trees and seeing who could spit the furthest! Now that was exciting, no doubt in his mind. If only it were easier to get others to agree with him! They were just such sticks in the mud. Maybe it was best if he just left? That sounded like a wonderful idea.

Even with the idea of leaving in his mind, James still approached his next table. This woman had to be the oldest he had met so far- he could only hope she wouldn’t be a codfish! Setting his plant down on the table, he reached out his hand to shake her’s, ”Hi, I’m James. Who’re you?”

PM
^
marissa minerva delmara
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 12:14 PM
54 POSTS
5'9"
broken
heterosexual
queen athena

Part of her hadn't been entirely sure she'd do good in all this. Though she found talking to people easy, and was very outgoing in her own right. She didn't know when something might trigger another episode or flash of memory. She couldn't help but mutter a silent "So far, so good." Beneath her breath, as yet another of the dates passed away from her table. At least, she got to meet new people, and the men ( and boys ) didn't seem so bad. As far as she was concerned with each new face she calmed down further. The anticipation and mild anxiety she felt at the start of this whole event had long since waned to a manageable level. She'd 'found her groove' in a sense.

Turning her gaze up to look at the next young man that approached her table, after waving goodbye to her last date. Marissa offered him a smile "Hello James, pleasure to meet you. I'm Marissa, but most people just call me Mari." Folding her arms on the table, she tilted her head in his direction.

"So how's your night been?" He was young, like the first boy that had come to her table. Far younger then her at least. "Meet anyone interesting?" The younger ones made her feel unsure of herself just a bit more. She didn't really think she had what it took to keep their attention or focus. That and it was a chore to fight the desire to be motherly. Which she was definitely sure none of them was seeking.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
wade dilon shizuoka
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 11:30 PM
52 POSTS
6'4"
N/A
single
pansexual
wasabi

don't believe me just watch!
Wade wouldn’t lie- he was definitely starting to get fidgety. He wanted to get back to his work, he needed to get a few projects finished up. New ideas were constantly popping into his mind- even while he was here at this event- and he couldn’t shut them down. He needed to write them down, he needed to take note of them some way or another or they would just never leave him alone! This wasn’t an event he could just up and leave, he knew that. You had to have some sort of reason- though he had seen a few people leave so far. But he couldn’t skip out, that was the opposite of why he came. He just needed to relax again, right? Hopefully that wasn’t too challenging.

He approached his next table with a not-as-real smile, struggling to make things okay on the inside. ”Hello,” he reached out his hand to shake his date’s, ”I’m Wade, who might you be?”

PM
^
leon aeron marrok
 Posted: Apr 2 2015, 03:07 PM
164 POSTS
6'0"
hüzün (n.) a melancholy resulting from inadequacy or failure and weighing so heavily that it becomes communal, resigned, and even curiously poetic
in denial
heterosexual
the huntsman

L
eon felt himself sobering up and the list of tables to visit was getting shorter an shorter. And only in sessions of a few minutes each! He was doing pretty well and he had survived this long - which was a feat. Give the man a knife and a stick and tell him to survive all alone in the wilderness and he could do it. Easy. But tell him to socialize with more than a dozen ladies under the premise that their few minutes were 'dates'? Yeah no. He felt his mind aching just thinking about the tornado he had gone through in being made to come here. Losing a bet. Yeah this was the last time he was ever going to play bets with Red. Or, at the very least, he was going to make a few exceptions before he agreed to any bets with her, lest she pull this shit again.

He found his next table, another red head but much older. Still young and vibrant looking, making Leon smile easily as he sat down and nodded by way of greeting. Shaking hands felt intrusive. Kissing the backs of hands felt way too romantic. And anything in between was just...odd. So he opted for the nod and the verbal greeting. It seemed the most appropriate way for a man like him to greet people seeing that he didn't much have any desire to take anyone home or wine and dine them. Not at all.

"Hello there, I'm Leon. Hope your night is going well."

---

wearing: [ this ]

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
james avery hook
 Posted: Apr 8 2015, 11:47 PM
143 POSTS
6'2"
No man does evil because it is evil; he simply mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
Fantasizing
Heterosexual
Captain Hook

COMING HERE UNANNOUNCED
I wake at the first cringe of morning. There's an art to life's distractions, To somehow escape the burning weight, the art of scraping through, Some like to imagine, The dark caress of someone else, I guess any thrill will do. Would things be easier if there was a right way? Honey, there is no right way
And so I fall in love just a little, oh a little bit every day with someone new.
MARISSA MINERVA DELMARA, speed dating

Was it just James or were these rounds getting shorter? He finished his admittedly small glass of scotch and set it down on a passing tray before walking over to his next table. He actually felt a sight better than he had about five minutes ago. He was vaguely warm from the drink, though that was all he was going to get out of it, but the warmth was familiar and comforting. As he reached his next table he smiled at the woman before sitting.

She wasn't frighteningly young, if he had to hazard a guess – which was always a bad idea with women – he might even say she could be older than him. That alone made his smile broaden as he got his first good look at her. His little experiences with these rounds told him they wouldn't talk about anything serious if they even got past introductions, but the sheer fact that there was a remote possibility for having had similar life experiences even if they weren't discussed made him more at ease.

“Evening,” he said, tipping his head forward a bit. “James Hook, I hope you've been enjoying yourself so far?” Truth be told it was getting to be rather late, he couldn't imagine the possibilities of who someone who had been here from the beginning could have had to deal with.

You have no idea how glad he is to see someone who isn't in their teens

--------------------
I won't kiss you again Wendy,
It kills my heart to know You don't think this love could grow Cause anywhere you'd go You know I would follow Cause I'm sleepless about you
It kills my heart to know You don't think this love could grow Cause anywhere you'd go You know I would follow Cause I'm sleepless about you
not until you ask me to.
PMEmail
^
aidan quinn ashryver
 Posted: Apr 14 2015, 12:00 AM
36 POSTS
6'0"
Yeah? Whatcha want? I don't have much time to play guessing games, my time is rather valuable you see. But for you darling I'll make an acception. So come on over here, sit down on my lap for a bit and let me guess just what it is that makes a beautiful thing like you tick.
mateless
Demiromantic
ADARLAN'S WHORE

now with mp3tag: All de Pretty Ladies | outfit: HERE
Aidan blinked. By the Wyrd it was as if time was speeding past and blurring together into a hot mess that couldn't be detangled as nicely as one would like. But what could be done about it other than enjoy the time that he could spend with those that he got to meet. By chance he'd already run into Adelline and what a joy she'd been to see. It was nice to actually have a woman that could throw back the flirtations comments as easily as he could rather than stumble over their tongues. Tonight had certainly given Aidan a front row seat into the various types of women that called New York their home. And he enjoyed meeting each and every one of them.

Without lingering over too much of what had come to pass, Aidan stood up form his table and took the handful of steps necessary to plant himself in 'his' seat at the newest table. The woman before him had a kind face with remarkable hair. The color itself was enough to make Aidan smile. His people had always had a love of anything related to flames. “Aidan Ashryver.” He said with a widening grin as he held his hand out to her. “I adore you already, Madame, if one can come to adore a person simply because of their hair alone. It's quite the striking shade.

© fleur

--------------------
user posted image

Alice is amazing beyond words <3
PMEmail
^
olaf tannon friedmann
 Posted: Apr 23 2015, 12:09 PM
165 POSTS
5'9"
Hi! I'm Olaf, and I love warm hugs. I'm a snowman too! Whoops, I don't think I'm supposed to tell you that. Well, that's okay, you just can't tell anyone, okay? I love love too! In fact, I love everyone I meet. Do you want to be my friend?
taken
everyone!
olaf

i'll be doing whatever snow does in summer
Olaf hopped along to his next table, a smile on his face. He was having a wonderful time, things were just so great! He was meeting so many nice people and going on such an amazing adventure- he couldn’t believe his luck! The snowman had plenty of new friends, a million new people to speak with once the night was over. At least, he would if they wanted to keep talking to him! He hoped that would happen, because some of these people were just so interesting. Olaf loved to hear their stories and learn more and more about them- who knew, maybe some of them were from other worlds just like he was!

With a smile he sat down at his next table, ”Hi, I’m Olaf! Nice to meet you!”

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.