Add Reply
New Poll

.:hello HEARTache//, Hollis//Shadekin
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 04:14 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

I remember when it was
together till the end

remember when I cried to you a thousand times i told you everything you know my feelings it never crossed my mind that there would be a time for us to say goodbye what a big surprise but I'm not lost i'm not gone i haven't forgot
Sighing wistfully, the young blonde made her way up what seemed to her at the moment, the never-ending flight of stairs. Carrying her heels in one hand, her other hand was occupied carrying her untouched dinner and satchel purse. The time was late, that much was certain as she managed one flight of stairs. Another sigh, and she begrudgingly worked her way up the second, a distant memory of laughter and lust lingering in the back of her mind. Pausing as she reached the top of the stairs, she weakly shook her head as she sought to push the memories from her mind. That was years ago, and no matter how desperately she thought reliving them would changes things, reality of it was that wasn't plausible.

Finishing the final stretch of her walk, she slipped through the door of her shared flat, letting the heels topple to the floor as she exhaled heavily, back coming to rest against the solid panel of the door. The meeting had ran over far longer than it needed to. There was no reason a conference like that should have gone until well past supper. The parents needed to return home to their children, who needed their sleep before returning to class the next day, and the teachers had plenty of work to do on their own without adding extra hours to the burning oil to make sure papers and tests were graded properly, though Dyann wouldn't shake the welcoming distraction.

Sitting her bag and keys upon the small table positioned beside the door, she slipped out of her coat and draped it over the back of the couch. Ezzy would no doubt hang it up before she left, and with all good reasoning, Dyann knew she should have, but there was just too much effort to be put forth in hanging it herself. Padding along the tile on the kitchen floor, she opened the fridge and placed the untouched Pad Thai within the confines of the fridge, the sight of Ezzy's attempt to fix her a proper meal sit half eaten in the fridge. The only thing remaining on the plate the vegetables. Tired eyes overlooked the obvious sign of someone else making themselves at home as she pulled the carton of milk from it's resting place on the top shelf, allowing the door to shut on it's own as she worked on silently making her evening tea.

Pulling the essentials: tea leaves, rock sugar, sifter, and cup, it hadn't dawned on her that the spot that usually contained her precious honey was empty; the bottle sitting out on the counter with the lid missing and a sticky mess gluing the bottle to the counter. Adjusting the burner on the stove, she yawned whilst unwrapping the scarf around her neck, taking the moment to place it upon it's proper place (unlike her coat, which still resided on the couch). Her eyelids felt heavy as she leaned against the counter, the usual attention from Tulgey absent as she quietly worked on undoing her hair from the bun it had been residing in. Running her fingers through her golden locks, she made little effort of properly braiding her hair, instead being satisfied with a loose twist of her hair as she let it hang over her shoulder. Twisting the cat ring upon her finger, the faint whistling of the kettle caused her to push herself from the counter and set to work on finishing her earlier project.

Constructing her cup, she allowed the tea to steep as she grew tired of the pants she wore. Unfastening the button, she wiggled herself out of the garments before padding far enough down the hall to her open door, the room before her dark as she tossed the garment upon her (what she thought) unoccupied bed. Upon passing the door to her roommate's room, she paused briefly to check and make sure her friend was in fact here, the faint sound of her latest dance playing behind the wooden barrier. A tired smile spread across her face as she once again padded across the cool tiled floor, her hands absentmindedly going to work as they dunked the sifter a few times to assure the most of the flavor made it into the cup before pouring just a hint of milk and stirring to properly make sure the rock sugar had dissolved. Returning the milk carton to the fridge, she picked up her cup and made her way towards the couch, the book she had borrowed from Ezzy still sitting upon the coffee table. Nestling herself in her usual spot, she draped the afghan over her before pulling the book into her lap and blowing gently at her tea, finding her bookmark and turning the page.

It wouldn't hurt to read a bit more. At least enough to make sure she could properly fall asleep without the fear of memories making their way back into her mind.

As the light grew dimmer, the faint glow of the lamp behind the couch casting shadows upon the wall. Her teacup had long since been finished, and she found herself nodding off every few words, causing her to reread the last sentence at least three times over. With the knowledge of having papers to grade, she bookmarked her page as a yawn overtook her once more. Leaning forward, she slid the book back to it's makeshift home as she stretched out on the couch, wiggling her toes as she stretched before getting comfortable. She would have padded to the lush bed that went untouched for most of the time, but there were too many ghosts still lingering within those four walls. Reaching up just enough to pull the cord on the lamp, she hadn't noticed the tea cup she usually left out for a certain someone was upside down; a once traditional sign that he had finished he tea. Snuggling down into the plush of the cushions, she pulled the afghan up to her chin before her blue eyes disappeared behind closed lids.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 1015 / NOTES: myheart OUTFIT: OUTFIT

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Apr 3 2015, 06:40 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

No One Can Blame You
For walking away. Too much rejection, No love injection Life can be easy, It's not always swell. Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl, 'Cause it hurts like hell. But down in the underground, You'll find someone true. Down in the underground, A land serene, A crystal moon, ah, ah. It's only forever, Not long at all. Lost and lonely, That's underground. Underground.

New York was as busy at ever and yet everything about it had changed. Had there been snow the last time his feet walked along this path? Or had the first sprigs of spring started to shine through in the sodden ground? Hollis supposed that, in truth, it did not matter. A year was a cycle, a never ending race in which nothing truly changed and the only thing that ever stayed the same was the weatherman's inability to master his supposed precognition. It was painful to admit but his memory had not been what it once was and cat's were so easily distracted.

Hollis wound up wandering the streets of New York with little care as his wide grey eyes drank in the sights. The signs in Times Square had changed as did the front window displays of the shops on Fifth Avenue. It seemed even the buildings themselves has changed as he walked through one of the subway platforms that he was so fond of to see that his previous works had been painted over with whitewash. Yet no one saw it. They carried about their lives, nose pressed to the little glowing boxes – mobiles his mind told him – and bobbed their heads along to whatever noise the little strings that were shoved into their ears crooned. That simply wouldn't do.

His knuckles curled. Fingers flexed and itched as the world shifted and he stumbled closer. The feel of rough my painted brick coarse beneath his palms as he gently caressed the wall. Uncaring of the raised eyebrows he received by those that noticed the Cat's tilted head and blown pupils. They saw only what they wanted to and not the figure that screamed beneath the pain before they carried on with their lives and boarded the subway that scream to a halt.

She would suffocate beneath there. Pain as thick as ten feet of dirt crushing down on her lungs as if they were nothing more than a pine box. Let her out, he needed to dig her out and set her free lest the maggots that rotted this city from the inside out would claim her. But how? How did he manage such a thing? Paint remover would only prove to peel her from the wall as well. Perhaps he could use his gifts to pull her forward, to let her move. Oh how utterly Wonderlandish that would be. Surely the Queen would enjoy such a trinket and Alice would a- Alice?

That's right. The Cat blinked and turned his eyes to the stairwell that would lead him upwards. He had to go. There was a young girl that needed finding. Stumbling away from the wall, Hollis whispered promises that he'd be back to free the young portrait that lingered so hopefully beneath the city's uncaring barrier. Wandering back into the cool spring air, his shirt slipping from his shoulder as he walked, Hollis placed a finger to his lip in thought. He'd always been good with directions and getting to where he needed to go. But when one was traveling with someplace specific in mind, it was always infinitely more difficult. Yet somehow he found himself back at his home and let himself back inside.

The air smelled differently. Nose twitching, Hollis made his way inward. Only then, he realized just how hungry he was. A quick investigation proved fruitful as he found someone had made supper for a hungry belly and, perching himself on the countertop, Hollis munched quite happily on the food. Even going so far as to share bits and pieces with the cat that wandered out to investigate just who had come into the room. “You're getting big,” he murmured absently as he watched the cat chew, remembering the tiny kitten he'd brought home for Dyann one Christmas. Had he really been gone so long? Surely not. Why it was still the same season outside after all. Shrugging it off, Hollis slipped from his perch and wandered off towards the bedroom. Pausing just once to investigate the heavy scent of another. Female. Human. Before he moved on to where Dyann's scent had been heaviest.

But there was no blonde head in bed. And so, with a pout and a heavy sigh, the Cat curled itself up in a bundle of her blankets content to wait there where it was warm and comfortable for her return. He hadn't intended on falling asleep. But when something landed atop him, the man was jostled awake hissing. Narrowed eyes glowing in the darkness as he bared his teeth all but ready to gnaw whatever it was that had touched him to death. It was the taste of cotton that had him stalling.

Spitting the pants back out onto the bed, Hollis turned sleep laden eyes to the doorway. Movement and light spilling in and covering his bed head in warmth. Without a moment's hesitation, the Cat jumped from the bed that Dyann had kept warm for days on her own and walked into the living room. Stilling when her face came into view from her place curled up on the couch. She looked so tired as she drank her tea. Perhaps it would be best to simply let her sleep. Yes, sleep. Naps. Cat naps were most agreeable and the Cat was about to saunter to the couch when he caught sight of another cup. Steaming just for him. With feline grace, the Cheshire vanished and reappeared unnoticed at the window where he sipped his tea. So sweet. Such richness. He could feel the honey coating his tongue as he drank it down with a purr then overturned his cup with an elegance that his spindly fingers should not have possessed.

It was then, that he glanced back to the couch and hummed, rather put out. She'd left him tea and dinner yet hadn't thought to greet him. How very cold of her. Hollis knew the world of books to be a dangerous one. Where fantasy and illusion could often become an unyielding obsession. Perhaps that was the matter. Maybe she had just gotten lost in her book and forgot to wake him. An option that simply would not due. Without another thought, especially about how his sudden appearance would affect the young girl after he'd been away an innumerable amount of days that his titled mind had not yet to fully realize, Hollis vanished.

Only to reappear, boney limbs sprawled out on the couch in ways that only a feline body could bend. His head resting on the girl's hip, Hollis gaze at Dyann with sunken grey eyes that stared unblinkingly at her. “Must you continue to ignore me, Dear Girl?” His voice the same indistinguishable timbre it had always been, save for it was rather rusty with disuse. Phantom tail twitching in irritation about not having so much as a welcome home scratch beneath his chin.

made by nadda of shine and atf.

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Apr 11 2015, 12:40 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

I remember when it was
together till the end

remember when I cried to you a thousand times i told you everything you know my feelings it never crossed my mind that there would be a time for us to say goodbye what a big surprise but I'm not lost i'm not gone i haven't forgot
In her half asleep stage, she thought she heard the 'tsking' of someone unimpressed with the scene that played before them, but as she yawned once more, her brain was mentally telling her to just fall into the gentle embrace of sleep. There were silent promises made that it would be a dreamless experience, something the comforted the blonde as she adjusted her legs to a more comfortable position before giving a final exhale before drifting off.

"Must you continue to ignore me, Dear Girl?" The familiar yet unfamiliar voice caused the young blonde to stir within her lazed state of mind. "But you- you aren't here..." Her voice was weak, but clung heavy with sleep as she yawned once again. There was a weight upon her body, and in her delusional state she hadn't thought anything of it. Her mind was simply playing tricks on her. Lying to her on their promise of keeping her mind clear of the male that once resided with her. He'd already made his decision, and as she found herself now alone in their once shared flat, she knew that she only had to let time heal the wounds that were still fresh within her.

Shaking her head against the pillow, she found that the weight that was pressing down on her lower half wasn't letting up. "mmmm. Tulgey...." Her hand reached down from under the afghan in attempt to push the small feline from her hip when it met something much more solid than the typical fur of the feline's body. Confusion read across her resting face as she attempted to shift once more. "Tulgey... your chin..." She was cut off by the yawn that took over before she could continue. "Your chin is... dig-digging into me..."

Sliding her arm from under the cover, she lazily pushed herself up on her elbow in attempt to slide the feline from it's resting place, only to feel her hand pressing against flesh. Blinking her eyes in attempts to find what was upon her, her glossy blue eyes stared down at the gray eyes that bore themselves into her. She stared for a short time before another yawn took over her and she started to lay back down. "... Hollis, you silly thing... yo-your chin is digging into my hip..." Once more she yawned, her brain registering the situation even with her mental protesting.

In a flash, her eyes snapped opened and she found herself bolting into an upright position as she stared down at the one person she hadn't expected to see again. "H-Hollis!" Her heart beat violently in her chest as she stared down at the man who held her heart as the threat of tears stung the corners of her eyes. Brows furrowed together, she found her arm shaking as she reached out to press her delicate hand to his sunken cheek, only to violently pull away as what was staring at her was violently real. "N-n- It can't be......" Pressing her hand to her chest, she felt the violent sting threatening to tear her apart from the inside out. He couldn't be here. He left over a year ago. This was just a violent hallucination. "No....." Her throat tightened as she slowly started to shake her head.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 548 / NOTES: and we're off! / OUTFIT: OUTFIT

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Apr 11 2015, 05:55 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

No One Can Blame You
For walking away. Too much rejection, No love injection Life can be easy, It's not always swell. Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl, 'Cause it hurts like hell. But down in the underground, You'll find someone true. Down in the underground, A land serene, A crystal moon, ah, ah. It's only forever, Not long at all. Lost and lonely, That's underground. Underground.

The pert nose, so unlike his true one wrinkled in distain. Did she really just insist that he wasn't here? He knew he'd vanished for a few days on end but really, she should know better than anyone what was real and what wasn't. The imaginary had such a feel to it. A staleness in this world that would set skin tingling lightly as if a spider's thread and been lain with such care across an arm. It was a feeling that left an emptiness in the heart when, after attempting to brush it away, one was left with nothing at all. It was a fact that the Cat knew all too well after his arrival in New York all those years ago. They had locked him away in a cell, claiming his screaming delusions left him a danger to himself and others. But this world had felt that same sort of stale way. Nothing like his Wonderland. Nothing like the way his Alice left his hairs standing on end and his blood rushing with an excitement like beating out the executioner’s blade by a fraction of a moment. Yet here she insisted that he wasn't here and put a hand to him, attempting to what he could only assume was push his person from her from.

Hollis huffed at the hand. His face turning from the ever present smile into something that belonged in the upside down world of the looking glass. Yes, the scowl on his face only deepened as she mistook him for the kitten he'd bought her at Christmas. “Of course it's digging into you. What else would it be doing in a moment like this to get your attention? Playing the lyre and reciting poetry?” The hand pressed against his skin and, like any other irritated cat, the Cheshire turned his head and caught her intrusive fingers between his teeth. Lightly as to not break the skin yet still firm enough to pinch without meaning to if she happened to pull away.

Suddenly, the girl bolted upright and Hollis gave a small muffled grunt of annoyance as his body shifted without his permission. There now, she'd gone and shifted him from the perfect napping spot. It truly wasn't fair. He was just starting to get warm, even if she had been so set on ignoring him, he could have at the very least enjoyed a little cat nap with her. Yet now she sat upright, her eyes wide at him as he blinked at her as if she had just grown a second head. “Yes, Dear Girl? he started up at her as cat's do. Content confusion on his face as if he couldn't decide whether to be alarmed by the stuttering of his name or just be blissfully aloof in the warmth of her lap.

But the scent of salt made his nose twitch and he watched as Dyann's eyes glittered. Pushing himself up onto his elbows, Hollis raised his nose to Dyann's to brush against it. “You should know better than anyone the silliness of those words. Can't be. Can't. Be.” He chuckled and settled himself back down, a wide grin on his face like the split of the moon against the night sky. “Whatever cannot be surely is and whatever must be so truly will never be. After all, that is the way of the world now isn't it?” He asked playfully, a small purr rumbling in his chest.

made by nadda of shine and atf.

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.