hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 12:49 PM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

Hazel eyes scanned the vacant shop as she mentally took note on what needed to be where before she left for the afternoon. A rare occasion, but sometimes very much needed as she double checked all the ovens were off and no faucets were leaking. Pulling the overly large box from a nearby table, she took caution in locking up. One, to make sure her precious cargo wasn't jostled. Second, to assure all the locks upon her door were properly locked and the sign stationed at "Closed." Orders needed to be delivered, which Itzel was more than eager to accommodate to, but the one resting in her hands was meant for a special person. A business partner that meant the world to her.

Humming a merrily little tune as she made her way through the crowded sidewalks, Hazel knew that it had been far too long since the two of them had actually sat and talked. So, to make up for lost times, she decided to let the usual delivery crew have a break. Her and her Itzelfae had things under control.

Customers passed her on the street, eager to wave and more than excited to see what the little ginger was cooking up for the summer months, Hazel only laughed and assured them she wouldn't let them down. It made her more than excited to know that she was doing a good job at keeping her customers happy. Maybe she would do something just for them. A special treat for those who take the extra step to put her shop in their busy schedules. That would be nice for them.

The remainder of her journey continued in about the same manner. The constant chatter between her and passerby's let her feeling a bit peckish, and she was more than thrilled to know she was going somewhere that had a remedy for that.

With the all too familiar of Beckett's sign standing out, an extra spring was added in Hazel's step as she quickly made her way towards her destination. Upon reaching the door, she took no time in using her back to push the door open, the jingle of the bell a pleasant sound to her ears as she called out to him. "Special delivery!" A giggle escaped her lips as she wiggled her way in, turning on her heels as she made her way towards the counter.

Lifting the box with Beckett's usual cookies, she'd also taken the liberty of making some tea sandwiches for the two of them. Nothing special, just a simple meat and cheese treat with cucumbers. Surely he had the perfect type of tea for an occasion such as this. "Beckett?" Calling out again, she couldn't help but take a look around. His shop was always interesting to her. He had such a beautiful array of tea sets, it was hard not to stare in wonder and awe.

♥ lauz
Tag: Beckett! | Words: 488 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
*saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*
PMEmailAIM
^
beckett edison hatfield
 Posted: Jun 27 2015, 01:19 AM
89 POSTS
5'11"
Oh, hello there! A very merry unbirthday to you! *tips hat* Would you care for some tea? I have some right here - freshly brewed and all! I blended it myself, and it's named after my very best friend, the March Hare! Tell me, do you happen to know why a raven is like a writing desk?
SINGLE
PANSEXUAL
Mad Hatter

i'd like to make myself believe
that planet earth turns slowly
When Beckett was first released from the mental institution following his rather traumatic portal crossing, he’d had a very hard time finding a place in New York where he fit in. He was a man who was quite unused to the norms posed by the societies of the real world – he’d hardly even grasped the laws of physics by the time he was sent off on his merry way, laws which most had accepted in early childhood – and though he soon found that there were many strange people wandering the crowded streets of the city, he also discovered that nobody was quite like him. Wonderlanders were unique beings, but this was most certainly quite hard to see when they were all gathered together in their homeland, having a merry time with their unbirthday parties and other such festivities, and, before crossing the portal, his only brief connection to the world outside Wonderland had been Alice herself. The girl who had fallen down the rabbit hole and knew so woefully little about unbirthdays and how to celebrate them. Just as Beckett had known he was strange to her, she’d been strange to him, her manners, habits, and even the way she spoke seeming quite foreign to him. Now it seemed the tables were turned; he was the odd one out, the fish out of water, caught in a world that made very little sense to him and ran by an entirely different set of rules from those he knew before. It didn’t bother him much that he didn’t fit in with the people, for he hardly noticed this at all – he despite the significant and glaringly obvious differences between him and the typical New Yorker, Beckett treated everyone equally and the same, his half-mad mind unable to puzzle out what set him apart from the others. People came and went from his life so easily, and he met new people and lost them in the din every day and time carried on as it always did. He was, for the most part, alone, but he could manage that for now.

But New York was missing just one extremely vital thing – a place to hold unbirthday parties. Certainly, Beckett had had a few in his apartment, but when nobody came he knew he had to try something else, for nobody should ever throw an unbirthday party alone. Unbirthday parties were supposed to be celebrated with good friends, tea, and cakes, and he had only two of the three. So he tried the park. He spread out a blanket on the grass, scattered teacups and teacakes across it, and offered everyone who passed a cheerful unbirthday greeting. This warranted better results than the unbirthday parties held in his apartment, but the weather in New York was hardly as predictable as the weather in Wonderland, and he was soon driven away when the weather turned cold. Feeling slightly discouraged, he’d been unsure of how to proceed, and he’d told his therapist so when he’d attended his weekly appointment. It had been his therapist’s idea for him to open a tea shop, and Beckett had instantly and wholeheartedly thrown himself into planning and executing this idea. If New Yorkers knew nothing of unbirthday parties, he could easily teach them if he only had a place to do it and a way to advertise, and a tea shop would offer both. There had been a lot of paperwork that Beckett quite frankly hadn’t understood, a lot of visits to the transition center to help him sort things out, but, at long last, he’d proudly opened Wonderland, his pride and joy and the perfect place to throw an unbirthday party. He lined the brightly-colored walls with shelves of teapots in various sizes, colors, and shapes, spread mismatched tablecloths over the tables, and painstakingly mixed a series of teas honoring his dearest friends in Wonderland, and he was off.

What he’d been missing then was food. He had tea, yes, but he knew nothing of cooking or baking, and knowing that he didn’t have anything to eat upset him most completely. How angry March would have been! His favorite part of the unbirthday celebration – missing! His dilemma had not lasted long, however, for he soon stumbled upon a very eager baker and a very good friend who was more than happy to provide sweet treats for his pastry case. Hazel. He loved her energy and enthusiasm, and considered every meeting with Hazel to be a very successful unbirthday celebration. Recently, he’d even been working on a tea in honor of her, one that used acorns and sweet flavors, and he believed he was close to perfecting it. In fact, he was sitting behind the counter, mixing up a small amount of it for taste testing when he heard her call from the front of the shop. A smile spread across his face, and he quickly bounced to his feet, rushing out to greet her. “Hazel! A very merry unbirthday to you!” he said with a grin, lifting his hat with a flourish before settling it back atop his head. He took note of the large box she carried, and he bounced on the balls of his feet, eyes lighting up brilliantly. “More of your sweet treats, Hazel? Oh frabjuous day! Unbirthday parties are hardly the same without your cakes and cookies!”

In a moment, he spun on his heel and headed back to the counter. “Would you care for some tea?” he called to her over his shoulder. “I’ve an unbirthday surprise for you! It is your unbirthday, is it not?” Who better to taste the tea named Hazel than Hazel herself? This way, if she disliked anything about it, he could fix it or start over entirely. Beckett liked all teas and was hardly picky, but since the named teas were honoring his friends, it was very important to him that his friends liked them. And while many of his friends – Cheshire, Dormouse, March – weren’t there to taste the teas he’d blended for them, Hazel was, and he intended to make hers perfect.

HAZEL. 1016 WORDS. ENTHUSIASTIC ENERGETIC KIDS. BECKETT STILL POSTS LONG, DON'T MIND HIM. HE LIKES WORDS.
TILLIE AT CAUTION

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Jul 2 2015, 07:06 PM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

Beckett's excited voice echoed out to the front of the shop, and Hazel couldn't help but giggle in delight as he emerged from the back, his sweeping bow such a delight to see. He was always in great spirits, and perhaps that's what kept Hazel coming back. He was awfully charming, and the smile that he wore upon his face when he was happy brought a richness to her heart as she carefully slid his order on the counter. Most of all though, they seemed to feed off of each other's energies, which seemed to help keep them forever on their toes.

Which Hazel didn't mind in the slightest.

"A very merry Unbirthday to yourself!" She gave a small curtsy, another giggle slipping from her lips as her hazel eyes glittered with joy. Ever since their first encounter, she had come to adore the Unbirthday Parties Beckett held. They were so spontaneous, yet always perfectly planned out. The thought! A birthday party when it wasn't your birthday! It was an idea that blew Hazel's mind, but without as skipping so much of a beat she fell into pace with him whenever he whipped one up for her. "Oh Beckett, you are such a doll! You know I'll never let you and your customer's down."

Lifting her gaze from the teapots she'd been inspecting, she gasped in delight as she nodded her head. "Of course I would like a cup!" Spinning on her toes, her skirt flew around in a scattered rainbow as she laughed at her silliness. "It's always my Unbirthday, silly Beckett. I still have many, many months before that certain day."

Making her way to the side of the counter, she peered over the side in hopes of possibly catching what he could have possibly gotten for her. It was one thing to celebrate Unbirthdays, but for her to actually get something for it? It made her shiver in anticipation. "What makes this Unbirthday so special? And will it go with cucumber tea sandwiches?" She didn't suspect it would be such a problem, but she would really hate to be a bother and have him brew more tea than was needed.

Though he never seemed to mind before. It wasn't like Beckett to let tea go to waste, so she was more than certain that even if he made more than one pot, the world would be left spinning.

Tilting her head to the side, she thought about that for a minute. What would make her think that it was tea related? From the stories she'd heard from him, it could very well be a hat, for the very hat he wore upon his head was the most fantastic hat she'd ever graced her eyes the sight of seeing. Or perhaps it was a tea pot? "Oh I'm excited now!" Bouncing on her heels, she chewed on her lower lip as she watched her friend with eager eyes.

♥ lauz
Tag: Beckett! | Words: 495 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
beckett edison hatfield
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 01:45 AM
89 POSTS
5'11"
Oh, hello there! A very merry unbirthday to you! *tips hat* Would you care for some tea? I have some right here - freshly brewed and all! I blended it myself, and it's named after my very best friend, the March Hare! Tell me, do you happen to know why a raven is like a writing desk?
SINGLE
PANSEXUAL
Mad Hatter

i'd like to make myself believe
that planet earth turns slowly
Smiling down at his dear redheaded friend and her box of scrumptious sweets, Beckett couldn’t help but wish the March Hare were here. The reason they’d been such magnificent friends was not only because they liked the same things – unbirthday celebrations, songs, rattling china and clinking forks – but also because they seemed to complete each other. Beckett had always been focused on tea and all the things that went into it. He’d sipped tea while he made his hats, while he washed the hundreds of dishes in their combined tea set, even, he supposed, while he slept – especially in his dreams. (A normal person’s dreams may be as strange and wonderful as Wonderland, and, likewise, a Wonderlander’s dreams could take place in a normal person’s world.) He was very much a tea connoisseur, and he could tell what a tea was from simply its smell – though there were very few teas he didn’t like. But while Hatter was focused on the thousands of flavors of teas and which would be best for an unbirthday party (all of them, he would later decide, with some of them mixed together because there weren’t quite enough tea pots. Pour them in layers like cakes and drink them down with each sip a different flavor), the March Hare was focused on something else entirely: the food. He’d taught Beckett a great many things about tea cakes and regular cakes, soft cookies and crisp ones, sweet treats with jam and with honey, and a hundred varieties of sandwiches that matched perfectly with each of Beckett’s teas. When Beckett had first opened his tea shop, he’d had a rather hard time finding the right treats to compliment his teas, knowing the March Hare would have been able to do it intuitively and without hesitation or thought, but he firmly believed March would be proud of his decision to do business with Hazel. Besides, Beckett believed the three of them would get along fabulously well should they all find their way into the same room one day, and he found a great amount of joy in that fact.

Hazel was wonderful not just because of her energy, but also because she accepted his strangeness without hesitation. She responded to his bow with a curtsy and returned his greeting with as much zest as he’d offered it, and this pleased him enormously. His grin seemed to widen – if that was even possible, for he was already beaming so brightly he felt he might burst – and he bounced on the balls of his feet with joy. Today would be a good day, he thought. Every day was a good day with good friends. He may be half mad, but even he could tell that Hazel was one of the best friends he had, and he was wildly grateful for this. Still, just as she perhaps found him odd, he occasionally thought the same thing of her and the things she said. “A doll?” He let out a somewhat wild laugh, considering this. Yes, perhaps it was possible. Just like dolls, he had seams – he knew because he’d come apart at them once before and it had taken a fair amount of stitching to put him back together. Even so, every now and then he could feel himself unraveling and his stuffing beginning to press at his weakest places…he dropped the thought immediately as though it had burned him. “Certainly you never have! Each batch surpasses the last in its deliciousness,” he proclaimed merrily. His mind was a jumble of combinations of treats and tea – this cake with that tea, this cookie with the other – and he loved every moment of that madness.

The world seemed to dance in a kaleidoscope of color when Hazel twirled, such dazzling shades of the rainbow shining in his eyes as he beamed at her, drumming his fingers on the counter for a moment as she spoke of That Day. Yes, the day when it was not her unbirthday. Beckett believed this was the saddest day of the year, for it was the one day in each year that a person was not permitted an unbirthday party. He’d struggled against the notion of having a Day like that of his own when he’d finally gotten his senses together enough to tell the doctors and nurses in the institution about himself, several times going into quite a frenzy, but eventually they’d convinced him that they needed it. So, for their sake, he had a an Un-Unbirthday Day. But mostly, he just referred to it as That Day. He gazed at Hazel with relief when she said that she had many, many months yet before That Day came. “My condolences on That Day coming at all. But we mustn’t dwell on it – Unbirthdays are supposed to be happy and untainted by the sadness of That Day,” he replied, somber at first but letting his tone brighten the longer he spoke. “We must celebrate!” He punctuated this exclamation by placing an empty teacup and its (mismatched) saucer before her before moving to collect the tea he’d been working on for her. He was proud to say he had the perfect teapot for this mixture – one that was shaped like an acorn with an oak leaf spout. He could hardly contain his excitement as he poured boiling water into it and added the tea, closing the acorn topper lid and letting it steep. Perhaps she’d smell the acorns in a few moments, but for now it was still a mystery.

Carrying the teapot over to the counter and bringing with it a second teacup and saucer for himself, Beckett considered her question. What made this Unbirthday special? There were a great many reasons: a man on the subway had tipped his hat at Beckett. The sunlight had filtered through Beckett’s window two minutes earlier than usual. Though his reasons typically seemed trivial to others, there were always many reasons Beckett could find for each unbirthday to be special. “Well, for one, you’re here. And an unbirthday spent with friends is always special,” he replied with a sunny smile. “It also happens to be the anniversary of the day the flowers wrote their most lovely song, All in the Golden Afternoon. I’d sing it for you but I can’t do it justice at all – the flowers are very talented, you see, and there’s a great many parts to the song that I find I have trouble singing them all at once. I’ve tried many times.” His eyes grew distant for a moment, and, after a moment of silence, he began to merrily hum the tune he remembered so clearly. How wonderful it would be, he thought, if he could get the flowers to sing in his tea shop one day…he let the thought drift away. “I should say cucumber tea sandwiches are quite perfect for this unbirthday. Quite perfect indeed,” he said after a moment of consideration, nodding enthusiastically.

Hazel’s excitement was infectious, and Beckett could feel his heart racing in his chest with glee. He wasn’t one to make someone wait for a surprise, especially when they were so enthusiastic, so he gestured dramatically to the teapot. “This is a very special tea that I’ve been working on. Acorns and berries and sweet things and such – you must tell me if you like it or if it needs anything more. I’ll add anything you want – except mustard. There is no mustard allowed in this shop,” he explained as he filled her cup with the steaming brew, then did the same for his own. Placing the teapot between the two of them, he gestured to her cup. “Try it, please! It’s a most unique blend!” Then, bouncing with anticipation, Beckett waited for her to take her first sip.

HAZEL. 1299 WORDS. CHECK OUT THE TEAPOT!
TILLIE AT CAUTION

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
hazel guinevere tyler
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 11:29 AM
210 POSTS
5'2"
N/A
Single
Icingsexual
Squirrel Girl

Beckett was far too kind with his compliments when he directed them towards her. Though, the same would be said from her towards everyone who ever complimented the energetic baker. She never found her products to be the best, she just knew that they pleased her customers. Made her loyal regulars happy, and to her; that was all that mattered. It was never about being best, nor was it ever about being better than before. For Hazel, it was simply just a matter of being. "Oh Beckett, you know things like that never really phase me!" Giving her hand a small wave, she smiled sweetly at him as she tried to mentally brush off the pride that was swelling up inside of her.

Just because she never fully accepted it, never meant she never had the human nature of feeling good about it.

The rush of air from her twirl made her blood run faster through her veins, and even though there was a smile on her Friend's face, she could tell that she spoke far too much of the dreaded Birthday. Her heart fluttered in her chest, and she found her small hands curling into themselves against her chest. She hadn't meant to upset him, only to reassure him that it wasn't, in fact, her Birthday. As he focused on brushing it off, Hazel only nodded in firm agreement. "Yes, no dwelling upon something as blasphemy as such."

His attitude changed, as if on a dime, and Hazel cheered as she clapped her hands together. "Celebrations are the best!," she cried out before bouncing in place. Her eyes grew wide as he sat a tea cup down before her, and her hands reached out to grasp the edge of the counter. Time with Beckett was always exciting, and even the lingering knowledge of a surprise just waiting around the corner; well- it was hard for Hazel to contain herself.

As he poured the water, she could almost instantly pick up the lingering scents of sweet acorns. Her nose twitched in delight, and she had to bite down on her lower lip to get the excited chirp from exploding from her smiling lips. Beckett didn't need to know that she could already smell the familiar scent of deliciousness wafting past her nose. Bouncing on her toes, her eyes were wide once he finally turned around and showcased the beautiful acorn teapot that as cradled in his hands. The sharp sound of her breath being sucked in through her teeth was the only noise that left her small body as she started shaking from the sheer amount of excitement that was building up inside of her.

Not only was the teapot gorgeous, but the nutty aroma of the tea had her head spinning as she closed her eyes and took a deep inhale. The earthy scent filled her senses, and for a brief moment she felt as if her tail was twitching behind her- surely giving away her excitement to her Friend as her mouth started to salivate at the scent of his tea. "Oh Beckett..." Her words seemed lost in the beginning as she followed the teacup with her nose. "It smells breathtaking!" The berries pulled her closer, and with another deep inhale, she exhaled slowly, almost in a dream-like state as she felt tears whell up in the corners of her eyes. There was a hint of cinnamon, maybe even ginger?

Eagerly licking at her lips, Hazel's hands found the warmth of the tea cup and she paused for a moment, savoring the sensation of feeling at home. A laugh fell from her lips as her eyes slowly opened, and she gave him a teasing wink as she lifted the cup to her lips. "Mustard is an insult to anything and everything you do, Dear Beckett. So rest assured, I would never mention it as a suggestion for anything." A high pitched giggle left her lips as she watched him bounce on his toes, and she pressed the edge of the cup gently to her lips for a sip before his head could explode.

Tears found their way to her eyes once more as the delicious flavor washed over her tongue. As per usual, his tea was perfection, and she again found herself burrowed inside of warm tree, tail wrapped securely around her. Her delicate fingers wrapped tighter around the small cup, as if she were afraid he would take the cup from her. She wouldn't let him have the cup until it was completely drained dry, and Hazel would more than likely shatter into a million pieces if any of this precious tea went to waste! Taking another drink, this one much larger than before, she freed one hand to wipe at the corners of her eyes.

"Beckett, you've surely outdone yourself this time," she cooed gently as she took another taste. She needed more of this tea. She needed it in bulk, and she needed to forever have this at her side. "You've created a masterpiece, my Friend."

♥ lauz
Tag: Beckett! | Words: 848 | Outfit: here

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.