Add Reply
New Poll

Theo Lee Sandleford, 30, Bigwig, Jake Gyllenhaal
theo lee sandleford
 Posted: Aug 19 2015, 02:48 PM
17 POSTS
6'0"
I'll probably get my ears chewed off for this.
single
heterosexual
bigwig

theo lee sandleford
"talk sense, for frith's sake!"
thirty - captain thlayli of the watership warren - jake gyllenhaal - hero

personality

Thlayli is the steadfast captain of the Watership Owsla and personal guard of Hazel-rah, his chief. As captain of a pioneering warren, Thlayli must have several characteristics that distinguish him from captains of other Owslas (the police forces of the rabbit world).

First is his stubbornness, which is legendary. Storytellers from the hills say that it was his stubbornness alone that allowed him to survive a one-on-one battle with the tyrant General Woundwort. Second is his courage and bravery. He was considered one of the bravest of the Sandleford warren, his original warren, and is still considered to be so at the Watership warren. Abandoning his original warren to follow Hazel and Fiver into the unknown, which is perhaps a rabbit's ultimate enemy, took no small amount of courage, and so did entrusting his life and will to a non-standard chief such as Hazel. Third is Thlayli's talent for military strategy. Under normal circumstances, a rabbit has no need for such a skill. A standard captain of the Owsla's primary role is to protect the chief and the chief's doe. However, Thlayli's journey across England forced him to develop strategic instincts that he eventually put into use in Efrafa. He served as an excellent spy there, and rescued several rabbits from under the Efrafans' noses before helping his warren prepare for the fight against them. It was his idea to launch a surprise attack on General Woundwort by being buried under the main run.

Thlayli has survived more ordeals than any rabbit could be expected to. His obstinance and drive to fight make his resilience legendary. Besides his battle with Woundwort, he recovered from being caught in a Man's trap, a shining wire that almost strangled him to death. This near death experience has made Thlayli a little more superstitious than the average rabbit. Though not a seer like Fiver, Thlayli nonetheless believes that the Black Rabbit of Inle, the gatekeeper of death, watches him in particular for evading His grasp.

Thlayli is an impatient creature, and his impatience gives him a short, bullish temper. He will readily mock those he perceives to be weaker than he is. He also struggles with a sexist streak. He sees does (and therefore women) as inferior, unable to lead and only fit to take on menial tasks and pregnancy. He has been proven wrong before, though, and tries to correct himself when he catches this problem rearing its head.

Thlayli, like many other rabbits, likes the simple things: a warm, dry burrow, safe from enemies; and good, nutritious food. Other than this, he doesn't need much. If blase about his comforts, he knows exactly what he dislikes: weak creatures questioning his authority; exposing his own weaknesses; and elil, or the enemies of rabbits. This last includes humans, and Thlayli will be very surprised and discomfited when he learns that crossing the portal turns him into one.

history

Thlayli (the name is Lapine, meaning fur-head in English) is informally known as Bigwig. He was born in the Sandleford Warren and was given the name Thlayli because of a bushy patch of fur on top of his head. After his second year, he became of an officer in the Sandleford Owsla under Threar-rah.

During his tenure in Sandleford, two rabbits named Fiver and Hazel came to be known throughout the warren; Fiver for being a gifted seer, and Hazel for being his older brother and guardian. Although Fiver's premonitions were often proven to be correct, he was turned away from Threar-rah's burrow after suggesting that all of the Sandleford rabbits relocate in the face of certain doom. Thlayli heard Fiver's advice to Threar-rah and in fact was the one who allowed them to see each other. He was an acquaintance of Hazel's and knew of the accuracy of Fiver's sight. When he heard that Fiver had seen the entire warren destroyed, he grew worried, and decided to follow Hazel, Fiver, and a group of other rabbits who had decided to break away from Sandleford.

The group traveled through forests and fields. After losing a rabbit to a hawk, they arrived at a strange warren dominated by a simpering rabbit named Cowslip. Cowslip readily offered his hospitality to the Sandleford rabbits, including a pile of flayrah---rare and delicious food. Fiver was suspicious of the situation. For him, it was too good to be true. Thlayli, however, was hungry and exhausted from their journey and lost his temper with Fiver, running off to join the feast. He was almost immediately caught in a shining wire, a man's trap. It became apparent that a man was providing Cowslip's warren with food. In exchange, they had forsaken the old traditions and did not try to escape the man's traps.

Thlayli was strangled almost to death by the wire before his companions dug out its peg and set him free. For a few minutes, he was unresponsive, but he woke during the eulogy being said for him. As he stood, bleeding from the nose and mouth, he vowed to kill every rabbit in Cowslip's warren. It was Fiver who convinced him to simply come away and continue with the journey. After this incident, Thlayli accepted Fiver's advice almost without question.

Sometime later, after passing through more farmland, the rabbits came across Thlayli's former captain. Captain Holly was the only survivor of the disaster that befell Sandleford: extermination by humans. He also survived imprisonment in the warren Efrafa. The group stayed with Holly until he recovered, then took him with them to the top of Watership Down. There, they founded their warren and Hazel was recognized as chief with Thlayli as his captain---Holly, due to his traumatic experiences, was no longer fit for the job.

While living at the down, Thlayli befriended a seagull named Kehaar. Kehaar told the warren more details about Efrafa, an overcrowded warren whose females were trying to break away. Despite Efrafa's viciously territorial nature, the Watership Warren was desperate for does, and Hazel decided to approach General Woundwort to see if he would relinquish some.

On the way to see the General, Hazel's emissary group encountered a fox. Thlayli lured it away and straight into an Efrafan patrol that had been stalking the Watership rabbits. The fox killed the patrol's captain, and the patrol arrested Thlayli without discovering his friends. However, when Woundwort heard of what Thlayli had done, and then saw him in person, he made him an officer. This granted Thlayli considerable power within Efrafa and allowed him more freedom.

While in Efrafa, Thlayli worked to bring as many does as possible back to Watership Down. He relayed messages home via Kehaar. His successful escape enraged General Woundwort, who swore to kill him personally. Soon, the General discovered the Watership Warren and attacked it with the plan to kill every rabbit there. Hazel escaped with several other rabbits to release a dog from a nearby farm in order to lead it to attack the Efrafans. He left instructions with Thlayli to hold the warren until they returned. Woundwort ignored their escape because he was under the impression that Thlayli was chief.

Thlayli ambushed Woundwort from beneath his feet and fought him until they were both exhausted. At that point, Woundwort asked Thlayli why he refused to surrender. Thlayli declared, "My chief's told me to defend this run," a statement which surprised and intimidated Woundwort. At that point, the dog arrived at the warren and began massacring the Efrafans, including Woundwort when he went outside. Thlayli was severely injured during the fight, but survived to continue on as Watership's scarred and battle-wizened Captain of the Owsla.

The darkness came a few months after peace was finally granted to the Watership rabbits. Shadows began to infiltrate the land and now the flay is no longer nutritious. Does no longer give birth and bucks rarely reach adulthood. Rabbits are scrawny and thin and unknown enemies stalk the perpetual night. Hazel has once again tasked Thlayli with an important mission: find a safe place once again. Thlayli has not yet passed through the portal, but he has begun to hear stories and is on the right track. If all the rabbits could become men, he thinks, things would be much better.

character connections

I've kept Bigwig's history pretty much exactly as it was within the film. I chose his name because "Theo Lee" is a good approximation of "Thlayli." I sort of imagine that when he finally gets to the Transition Office, they Ellis Island him and misspell/mishear his name. He'll just be under the impression that that's how his name is pronounced in English. Sandleford comes from his original warren and I chose it because it sounds better as a last name than Watership. I chose Jake Gyllenhaal as a play-by because he has fluffy hair and is both cute and intimidating.

Once Bigwig gets settled in New York, he'll probably work at a pet store taking excellent care of bunnies. He won't be speaking much English (Lapine is the language of rabbits).

about littlelight!
My name's littlelight! I'm 22 and in the Eastern Standard Timezone. Contact me via PM! I play Charlie Barkin!

5 Posts: What Have I Got in My Pocket?
Bearer of News
Magic Tricks

Plotter: Whaddaya Know, Whaddaya Say

spiffy details !
movie: Watership Down

birthday: March 23

sexuality: Hetero

nickname(s): Bigwig

powers/abilities: Speaks Lapine, the language of rabbits.

PM
^
theo lee sandleford
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 06:50 AM
17 POSTS
6'0"
I'll probably get my ears chewed off for this.
single
heterosexual
bigwig

Finished! Aw yeah.
PM
^
♔SCOTT MCCALL
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 05:46 PM
479 POSTS
miniature
Haaai I'm Sam, and I love you a whole lot. Feel free to come ask me anything or plot whatever you want! I promise I don't bite <3
pfft
BISEXY
THE BESERKER

ACCEPTED
Welcome - you are now officially a member of Diamond in the Rough! Please be sure to complete your claims immediately before you hit the boards!

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteAIMYIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.