Add Reply
New Poll

Pocket Full of .:sunshine:., Kenna//Shadylady
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Apr 30 2013, 09:28 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

hello my friend we meet again
it's been awhile, where should be begin?

There was nothing like finding that perfect tree. That one tree that had that one special branch that could easily support the weight of a young fellow looking to relax. A certain branch that wasn't too high up from the ground, yet was high enough no one could actively see him without having to take a second take. A place where he could close his eyes and let the tension of the weekend melt away as the sun played hide and seek through the branches. His own little place to unwind and not have to worry about anything that didn't involve staying put on that branch.

His weekend had been busy. Busy beyond belief. Friday night was spent at Chase's, where pizza had been consumed and movies had been watched. It was also the night Red was overly hyper for whatever reason she had, and split his lip while she jumped up on the couch. Thankfully it wasn't swollen anymore, and was on the verge of being completely healed. Though if you looked carefully, you can see where it happened.

Saturday was spent in the thrift store. Filling out inventory sheets. All by his self. The other boy that was suppose to come in had called off, which meant he was to not only run the store but make sure everything was updated. Normally it wouldn't have been that bad. However, that Saturday was apparently the day everyone wanted to go shopping. Needless to say he had stumbled through the door to his apartment and fell face first into his bed.

Sunday was spent at the shelter. Grooming all the animals. Thankfully everyone showed up. He and Maren had taken charge of the dogs, while the others pared off to care for the cats, ferrets, rodents, and birds. While it was bard work, it was nice to be able to work with someone he could talk to. And talk he did. It had been awhile since him and Maren had quality alone time, and he took full advantage of it. He got her caught up on the events involving Chase, reassured her that he was taking care of himself, and that he was doing fine.

He didn't remember much of Monday. He did know he apparently went on a cleaning spree in his apartment; throwing out outdated food, completely stripping down Tobi's playpen, reorganizing his craft desk. It would explain some of the cuts he had on his forearms. Though it was rewarding to wake up this morning to an overly clean apartment. It just meant he would be able to spend today doing absolutely nothing. Nothing at all apart from eating and sleeping in the sun.

Those were the days he treasured the most.

His stomach was full of iced tea and chicken as he nestled back against the body of the tree. It was perfect: the branches above him were parted at just the right angles so the sun washed over him without being in his eyes. The branch was wide enough he didn't have to put too much thought into balancing himself. There was even a branch just above his head for him to hang his duffel.

It truly was the best spot to relax on a sunny Tuesday morning.

How long he was relaxing in that tree, would be lost to him. All he focused on was how nice it was to not have to worry about anything. So imagine his surprise when the traditional scent of the city: exhaust fumes, hot dog stands, overly perfumed people, and the faint scent of wood; was completely overpowered by the sudden smell of... well, Spring. Honest to goodness Spring.

Inhaling deeply with his eyes just barely fluttering open, a smile slowly crept up over his face. It was something he wasn't expecting. It was almost like being at home. The scent of freshly cut grass, blooming flowers, fresh tilled dirt, and something that made his mouth water: strawberries. His eyes fully opened at that, and he looked around with a surprised look upon his face. Surely he was dreaming to smell something that intense. Right?

As his eyes inspected the surroundings, it seemed that nothing had changed. Everything was the way it was when he first got there. Though, the scent was still there. Just right under his nose. He rubbed at it with his hand, wondering if he was imagining it-- but he could still smell it.

Letting his legs down to straddle the branch, he peered over the edge to see there was someone sitting at the base below him. She had her face engrossed in a book, and there. Right beside her. Was a large container of strawberries. With no thought process involved, his tongue was running along his lower lip as his eyes stared at the delicious red jewels. Then it hit him. That scent.

It was the girl.

How could someone so petite, so humble looking, remind him of home? Of the farm he once prowled as a small kit. Rolling in the grass and Abigail's hay. Frolicking through the wildflowers that lined the picket fence. The freshly turned ground when he and Copper would try to catch the groundhogs. Bring back once long almost forgotten memories that made his heart heavy with longing and guilt.

He sat there for a short while, just watching her read. His eyes following her hand as it blindly reached for a berry. It was calming, in all honesty. Much more calming than just relaxing in a tree. It was, almost like being completely wrapped in a figurative Spring blanket. Like everything bad about the city of New York had completely shrived up and had been thrown away.

It was a very nice feeling.

His nose twitched, and as he went to rub it, a leaf fell from the branch and he watched as it slowly, in a rather graceful manner, floated down to land on the book the young brunette was reading. A small trace of panic flashed through his chest and he thought about climbing up higher, then he caught sight of her face as she looked up. Her doll-like features lighting up in surprise, but was followed by a gentle smile. Almost at once he felt that blanket wrapping around him tighter, and he couldn't help but smile back at her, giving a small wave as the smile turned into a grin.

Pushing himself back up, he swung a leg over the branch and leaned forward to survey the ground under him. With a slight push he jumped from his resting spot and landed on his feet, bending at the knees to keep anything from breaking. As he stood up, he brushed his pants off and turned to look at the modest looking girl with the glorious container of strawberries, offering her another smile.

Running a hand through his hair, he pushed it back so it fell around his face while crouching down beside her, resting his arms on his knees. "Sorry to disturb you." He looked up at the branch he was resting on to show where he was "hiding" before looking back at her with a grin upon his face. "Guess I wasn't paying any attention. I didn't mean to frighten you, you just seemed so at peace I didn't want to interrupt."

Chuckling weakly at his attempts to not sound like a creeper, he held out his hand. "I'm Theodor. Theodor Fahks. But you can call me Theo."

it feels so good to reunite
DESIGNED BY NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0

Words: 1266; Tags!: Kenna!; Outfit: Spring Flings

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
mckenna acacia hartley
 Posted: Jun 1 2013, 09:18 PM
223 POSTS
5'4"
Oh! I'm sorry, you startled me. I guess I got a little distracted. You could say my head is always in a fog during winter. But what can I do for you? Did you need a bouquet? Perhaps some freshly grown strawberries? Whatever you need, I'd be happy to help.
single
heterosexual
the spring sprite

In the depth of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.

Kenna looked down at the city below her from her living room window. It was such a beautiful day. The sun bright in the sky which seemed to be a watercolor wash of an ever changing blue though not as bright and vibrant as she remembered. Perhaps it was the pollution clouding the sky and tainting it that dulled the color into something other then what it was meant to be.She sighed as she finished the last of her tea. No doubt Hex would be pleased when he looked up at the sky. THe orange glow that settled around the city at night as the smog and heat from cars and the underground bubbled up to bounce back and forth between the mirrored windows, doubling in intensity each time, would likely be something that he'd preen over. That little sliver of fire starting to glow in the bottom of his iris.

Her brows furrowed as she forced the rest of her tea down with the memory of her captor. She was not going to think about him today. Hex was away, business most likely and she wondered how long he would stand to be away. It was nearly cute the way he - no. No! She was going to enjoy a day without the dark haired man on her mind. She needed a day off. A day to recover. a day when her thoughts weren't spent trying to unravel him morning, noon, and night. What she needed was green. For as lovely as her apartment was, it felt cold. Not lived in. So, she dumped her cup into the sink, intending to wash it up later, and packed up a little snack of strawberries for later along with a thermos full of lemonade for when she got thirsty. She grabbed a book from her coffee table - the one she had been curled up reading on the couch until late last night - and headed out of the building. Sneaking past the front desk, Kenna slipped out into the open city and hurried to Central Park.

The journey to the green, open space was well worth it. Even if she was left waiting, bouncing on her toes at each cross walk. The orange hand telling her to stop. It was like the city was conspiring against her in an attempt to get her to turn back around and head back to her apartment. She knew a certain someone would be displeased if she came home smelling of the summer breeze and fresh cut grass. But the instant her bright hazel eyes spotted the outcropping of trees, her heart leapt in her chest. It was like a little slice of home right before her. Darting across the street, Kenna dove right into the park, pausing just long enough to take her shoes off and run along the grass. The fabric of her clothes and the few tendrils of hair that escaped her butterfly clip flowing behind her as it would have in her other form. The park was her sanctuary. A place where she knew Hex would not willingly come unless he was hard pressed to. And Kenna would give him no reason to touch her safe haven.

It wasn't long until she came to a free tree and she settled down beneath it, her back pressing against the bark. A warmth settling on her skin as she felt the energy of the tree humming and pulsating as it recognized who she was. With a soft giggle, she shifted back, pushing a little of her energy into the tree, seeking out imperfections and and undoing any harm that Halloween and, more so, growing up surrounded by all this pollution would have done. She wanted it happy and healthy. As it was meant to be. She was first and foremost a gardener. One who longed to help things grow to their fullest potential, whatever that may be, so they can shine their very brightest.

The wind blue throughout the park, warm and smelling of the spring rain that was lingering on the horizon. And she could hear it. The little giggle from the tree as its leaves rustled in the breeze. Kenna's smile grew. She'd made someone happy. Her chest filling with a warmth that she had long since missed, a tingle of pride in her heart. How long had it been since she'd made someone laugh? Since she'd brightened someone's day? Far too long, far - far - too long.

Feeling much better then she had in a long while, as if a part of herself had shifted back into place within herself, Kenna made herself comfortable. Setting up the strawberries and propping her book up against bent legs. The fabric pooling around her legs as she brushed a lock of hair, the stubborn bits just would not stay in place anymore, out of her eyes and she tucked it behind her ear. Before long, Kenna become immersed in the world of her book. Her mind overcome by an intricately woven tale of witches and warlord princes as they struggled for power and love in a corrupted society.

It was a single leaf that managed to somehow break Kenna's trail of thought as she mulled briefly over how lovely cufflinks with slivers of a red jewel inlaid in them would look against the stark black of a crisp suit. She picked up the little leaf, turning it in her fingers as her head tilted curiously. It was far too early for a tree such as this to be loosing it's leaves. It was still her season after all. So, unless it was sick, which her earlier care would prove it now in perfect health, something had shaken it loose.

She looked up, surprise flickering over her features as she locked eyes with a red haired boy instead of the small, excited squirrel that she had been expecting. Blinking for a moment, Kenna's features softened as she noticed something flicker across his face, fear or panic she'd have guess. The poor boy likely was not expecting to be caught lurking above a little sprite like her. But he smiled back at her like a startled animal that finally decided she was not so scary, giving a wave which Kenna couldn't help but return as he scrambled down the tree to crouch beside her and introduce himself.

A little giggle left her lips as she hid a smile behind her book, closed and marked so she wouldn't loose her place nor be distracted from this boy. "It's quite alright." She smiled wider, letting her book and hands fall to her lap as she shifted slightly to get a little bit more comfortable. "You simply startled me out of the story. I'm Kenna. Well McKenna Hartley, but most call me Kenna." Strange things names. She was finally starting to get used to it. "I can hardly blame you for wanting to stay nestled in the branches of this tree. She's quite fond of you. I can tell. You must come and visit her often." Kenna could feel the way the tree at her back seemed to sing as she spoke with this boy. So, he was a good boy then. A kind hearted boy that liked to nap in the sun. Kenna liked him already.

TAGGED : theo//solar : 1222 WORDS : OUTFIT : MADE BY AMMYLOUISE

--------------------
user posted image
Alice is amazing <3
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jun 14 2013, 10:19 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

When Theo had planned his little escape from the real world, he had never expected to run into someone like Kenna. His plans involved being alone as the warm spring breeze caressed his face as he let some of his life choices mull about his head. The most important one revolving around the choices that were made on his birthday, and how he had woken up beside a shirtless Chase. His expression became one of content as he let thoughts of the blonde caress his face. It was funny how something like alcohol could make you do things you never thought you would be able to do.

As he shifted himself on the tree, his eyes drifted close as he let his thoughts collect. He did like Chase. He really, really liked Chase. He valued him as a friend. Valued how he took the other as a close friend and how the blonde made it his duty to keep an eye out for him; especially after the episode that left them in silence for a month after they signed the papers over Red. Deep down, Theo knew that it would be impossible to find someone, hell- anyone like Chase. Hard to find someone who could be as carefree and fun loving as Chase yet determined and stern when it came to him making sure Theo didn't feel belittled about himself.

In and out of consciousness he was drifting as the air around him shifted as the tree seemed to be wrapped in it's own little windstorm. He wasn't aware of the small sprite belong him giving the tree a once over before doing her duty and healing the inner workings. Wasn't aware that Mother Spring was gracing him with her presence. Even with the odd scent of freshly cut grass and warm top soil filled his nose, overpowering the once previous smell of metal, smog, and processed hot dogs- it was the strawberries that caught his attention. Honestly, he could probably lose his sense of smell and still be able to pick out a bushel of strawberries.

Sometimes Theo found it hard to let old habits die hard. Especially when those habits were developed from a fox's point of view. Too many times had he been caught by Amos or Chief to know it was a bad thing to be caught somewhere you weren't suppose to be. Too many times he had to run for his life, even if he knew they would never catch him. It was the way his dice rolled, so even in this world; this human body- he couldn't help the feeling that he had been caught.

That all changed when she smiled though. IT was like a warm ray of sunshine sprouted from where she sat to travel up to wrap it's arms around him. All form of doubt and fear being washed away. His inner instincts telling him that she was of no harm, that this girl sitting below him was kind and gentle. So it was hard to not return the smile. Hard to not swing his legs over the branch and come down to her level. Even her name made him feel safe and secure.

Kenna.

What a very nice name indeed.

"Kenna? That's a very pretty name."[b] Which wasn't a lie, it made him think about blooming flowers and little baby trees, their branches much to weak to hold much of anything on their own. Another chuckle passed over his lips as she pointed out how he was nestled in the tree. [b]"You think? I just couldn't pass it up, such a nice day and all...." And he looked out past her, taking in the somehow brighter version of Central Park. It was amazing how something as small as another person to share your thoughts with could make you feel. His attention was brought back to her when she mentioned the tree having a fondness for him. What?

Tilting his head he blinked slowly, an eyebrow slowly raising in confusion at her words. "The- tree likes me?" It was a rather odd concept to think about. The trees having feelings, though he didn't find it at all impossible. If you paid close enough attention to them, they could tell you a lot. They knew when rain was coming, knew when the best time to bundle up was. So the possibility of a tree deciding who it did or didn't like shouldn't surprise him. "I should? And here I thought I would be chastised for using her as a makeshift bed." He laughed at that, running his hand once more through his hair.

It was strange, how being near this young girl made him feel even more like his old self. Like it was safe to re-equip his fox-like mannerisms without the fear of being judged. Maybe it was the weather? Or perhaps it actually was the tree. It honestly felt more like a gut response the longer he silently pondered on it. What could this petite girl be hiding that was making him feel more at ease with this world? "I really didn't mean to disturb you. I just- aw I don't know...." He waved a hand in an attempt to blow off the thoughts, no matter how hard it seemed.

"A really nice day we're having. The scent is intoxicating; the smell of freshly cut grass and top soil. It's like someone's tickling your nose with the subtle scent of flowers mixed with the sweet taste of strawberries. It's..... a rather nice change if you ask me." His smile was soft, and he couldn't help the urge to just fall back and sit there cross-legged beside this girl. Which he did do, actually. Letting his body casually flop down on the grass he rested his arms on his knees once more.

"So... tell me more about this tree, I'm curious what else she has to say about me."

Words: 1002; Tags!: Kenna!; Outfit: Spring Flings

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mckenna acacia hartley
 Posted: Aug 15 2013, 06:25 PM
223 POSTS
5'4"
Oh! I'm sorry, you startled me. I guess I got a little distracted. You could say my head is always in a fog during winter. But what can I do for you? Did you need a bouquet? Perhaps some freshly grown strawberries? Whatever you need, I'd be happy to help.
single
heterosexual
the spring sprite

In the depth of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.

She blinked and then blushed a little. Cheeks stained a soft rosy pink as she ducked her head. The two stubborn locks that slipped from her up-do falling over her nose as she unconsciously tried to hide behind them. No one had ever complimented her on her name before. It had taken the people at the transitions center quite a while to convince Kenna that she needed a name. She had never existed with one before so the idea that she was to have not only one, but three names was something her mind could not wrap around. It took even longer to suggest a name for the girl. They had wanted to name her Spring or April, even things such as Violet and Rose but nothing fit for the small sprite.

It wasn't until the nurse that was aiding in giving Kenna her last few shots spoke up and suggested the name of McKenna that they had made any head way. The woman had heard Kenna's tale from the beginning and in the end, a name meaning 'Born of Fire' was perfect for a being that would rise once more from the ashes and bring forth new life to coat the world in green. “Thank you. It is very precious to me.” She knew that one day she would be forced to return to her world. A place where she had no contact with humans or anything that truly spoke. She would have no use for a name. And it would fade to nothing but memory as time passed one. So each utterance of her new title was like the first prickle of joy she felt when winter melted away into spring.

She giggled when he seemed in shock that the tree liked her. How strange it was still to her. That people didn't seem to understand that the trees, the very grass around them, was alive and had thoughts and feelings. Perhaps not as complex and strong as that of a human's mind, but still. They were alive just as she and this red haired boy were. “Oh yes, I can feel it.” There was a sort of hum in the tree as she leaned against and smiled at the boy. “Hardly.” She chuckled more, setting the book in her lap aside and picking up the bowl of strawberries. “Trees would never chastise for being made into a bed. It's part of their nature. The birds and squirrels make their leaves a home, why not a boy with hair of flame?

Turning her gaze skyward, Kenna nodded. It was a beautiful day. The sun was warm and shining. The breeze that blowed through the trees stirring up more of that natural scent. It smelled like home, like her forest sanctuary. Picking a ripe red straw, she took a bite, letting the sweet juices run over her tongue as she held out the bowl to Theo, silently asking if he wanted some. Giggling softly, as he asked to know more of what the tree said. Most would have thought her insane if she said that she could understand what a tree said.

Well...” She paused, swallowing the rest of her mouthful of berry. “She likes that you come to her, but doesn't like how you leave. She thinks you should just make a nest already and to speak to the sparrows about getting good material.” She took another bite of her treat and smiled. It was too much fun to act as a translator for the tree and Theo. "Was there something you wanted to know specifically from her, Theo?"

TAGGED : theo//solar : 602 WORDS : OUTFIT : MADE BY AMMYLOUISE

--------------------
user posted image
Alice is amazing <3
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 12:32 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Staying crouched beside Kenna, he couldn't help but not smile. It seemed that the fresh, earthy smell was stronger now that he was down beside her. It was refreshing, really- even if it made him homesick for the farm and countryside he use to run around. She seemed to have an aura to him that he really couldn't place, and when she smiled it seemed the day shined a little brighter. Who was this girl? How was she able to do something as magically as make him believe the city surrounding them didn't exsist, when he could look up and see the metal monsters trying to reach up and touch the sky?

Complimenting her name gave him a reaction he wasn't expecting. The grin he wore on his face dropped and he stared at her in a small state of worry. Was he not suppose to comment on it? God he was really terrible with talking to girls sometimes. The blush that crossed her cheeks had him looking away, feeling as if he was seeing something that wasn't meant for him. Even though he started smiling when she tried to duck away.

A hand came up to rub awkwardly at the back of his neck, nodding as she thanked him. "Is'nuttin.," he fumbled out as he looked back up to her, the rosiness of her cheeks looking like someone crushed a rose upon her cheeks.

He was really curious as to why she seemed like, well- almost like spring itself.

When they conversation shifted towards the tree and how it felt towards him, he couldn't help but be a little wary. He had never known of anyone who was able to speak to trees, but with some of the things he heard from the customers at the thrift store, it was hard to not believe it possible. Considering there were some people who could talk to ghosts, others who could make spells. So someone being able to communicate with trees wasn't something he was about to write off.

"Well, I'm glad I hadn't upset it." He was one who disliked displeasing people. He only wanted their approval, and was more than willing to go that extra mile to make sure there was a smile on their face. That they were always in a good mood when they were around him. Especially now that he had Chase to worry about impressing. Chuckling softly, he ran a hand through his hair, glancing at some of the locks that fell in front of his eyes before pushing it all back. "Hair of flame, eh? I don't think I've heard that one before. Though, don't tempt me- if I could I'd stay out in nature. There's just something.... homely about it that you can't get stuck between four cold, lifeless walls."

It was the truth, really. While he liked having the comforts of Widow Tweeds small farmhouse, there really wasn't anything like running around outside. Though, he wouldn't give up his shelter for the world when storms blew through. A small shudder coursed through his spine at the thought of having to be stuck outside during a storm. No he wasn't going to do that again. Ever.

His eyes followed hers as she looked up towards the sky, and it wasn't until she moved the bowl of strawberries that their scent caught his nose once more and he was forced to swallow back the sudden surge of saliva that filled his mouth. Strawberries. His one weakness. If there was anything you could bribe the young fox with, it was those red gems of a berry that tasted so sweet upon his tongue. Mentally he thought to never mention that to Chase, for fear of what the blonde might make him do.

His face split in two once again as she held out the bowl to him, a silent offering to the gems nestled in the bowl. Holding himself back from acting like he had been waiting for it, he picked a large one up and held it in front of his nose. Studying it before taking the first bite. That was when his eyes closed, and he just stayed there, crouched down, savoring the sweet juices that ran over his tongue. He had to look a fool, but rightfully he didn't care. Strawberries were his favorite, and he wasn't about to let anyone judge him on how he enjoyed them.

Popping the rest of the berry into his mouth, he tucked it between his teeth and cheek so he could smile at her as she stated what the tree wanted of him. So the tree wanted him to stay for good, did she? A small chuckle escaped his lips as he quickly chewed then swallowed the sweet treat. "A collaboration with the sparrows? I suppose it would be better to ask them then the woodpeckers." Though he couldn't help but think of Dinky and Boomer. Those two were something else when it came to knowing birds.

Raising an eyebrow at the girl as she asked her question, he tapped his chin with his thumb as he thought about it. Was there anything he wanted to know about this tree? Placing his other hand on the ground, he resorted to sitting instead of crouching. Crossing his legs he thought a bit longer on it, looking up to the tree who seemed to wave at him in an unannounced breeze. "Well, I don't know what more you would want to know from a tree other than she likes you. I would however, like to compliment her on having one of the most comfortable branches I have ever graced myself with." His smile was hard to remove now.

Looking back down at her, he couldn't help but study her, in an attempt to not seem like a creeper. "Though, I'm more curious in you." Well that sounded creeperish, clearing his throat, he ran his hand once more through his hair. "I mean, I don't know if it was the nap I had, or maybe it's really just that great of a day- but you just... well... there's something about...." Well crap. This was seeming weirder and weirder by the second. "You just sorta remind me of a really bright, breezy spring day. That's all." His face heated up and he knew there was a heavy blush across his cheeks.

If she didn't slap him across the face he would be surprised.

Words: 1002; Tags!: Kenna!; Outfit: Spring Flings

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.