Add Reply
New Poll

Rhymes still waiting to be Sung, Dyann//Solar
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: May 11 2013, 11:51 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Why little Alice, where've you been?
It was a wonderfully marvelous idea. One that would be worthy of his Wonderland heritage. Well, it would not be as grand an affair as those that he'd attended in his homeland, Hollis, after all, was not one to throw parties. The grand tea parties and croquet events were held by those with more suitable tastes to organization. Hatter and the Queen had far more chaotically organized minds then he did when it came to something such as choosing china and streamers to match which flamingo feather colors were in season. Nevertheless, the Cheshire Cat was nothing if not a quick study. He remembered odds and ends that he'd seen at each gatherings. Collecting and hoarding the information that he preferred in the back of his mind. A little treasure trove of trinkets that belonged solely to him and, if one was lucky enough to page through his mind, they would find elegant silver half masks, pastel colored lanterns, porcelain and china cups in a variety of colors all nestled in silks or hung from the 'ceiling' of his memories with deep red gauze. A little record player constantly playing the tunes that he found on the tip of his tongue.

Hollis had visited this place in his memories as he was bound to the hospital bed for a week or so's time. Taking his time to sort and clean and polish up his thoughts and the fragments of his remembrances. Deciding which Dyann would like and which she would be less fond of. He had worried her so over the course of...everything that had happened. And, the cat wanted to make it up to her. He wanted to curl up in her lap and nuzzle against her chin until she forgave him for getting hurt. But that was not enough. So, one fine spring morning, Hollis slipped silently from their bed, dressing head to tie in pink and purple. Leaving a little note on his pillow for his Dear Girl to find when she woke. Simply reading: Find me where it all began, my Dearest Girl of Blue.

Slipping out with a box of goodies to the park, Hollis set up his surprise. A little picnic for his dear girl. Stringing up the pastel lanterns beneath their tree where they reconnected. Setting out the cupcakes he'd gotten form Hazel and Itzel before curling up beneath the tree on the blanket he'd liberated from the linen closet to wait. Sprawled out on his stomach much like when he first met Alice all those years ago.

A crescent smile broke his face as he felt much more like himself then he had in years. The ache in his chest from his injury fading as he became more aware of his phantom tail swishing and curling above him in anticipation, non existent ears that sat nestled within long silvery blonde hair twitching and swiveling about. Snapping side to side to hear each noise in hopes of identifying the approaching footsteps of the little girl that he adored with all his heart. Blonde and innocent. His Dear Girl. His Alice.

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: May 19 2013, 04:47 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart
and you're the one to blame

And that's why I smile It's been awhile Since every day and everything has felt this Right And now You turn it all around And suddenly you're all I need The reason why I-I-I I smi-i-ile
To say that she was nervous was an understatement. Her stomach was all but empty save for the bread and butterflies that were fluttering about. She was to meet Hollis "Where it all began." To her, that could be on of two places: Tugley Woods located through the Portal and nestled deep in Wonderland, or the faithful tree where they reconnected in Central Park on that hectic Halloween evening. She was hoping for the latter, for the poor thing wasn't quite sure how to make it back to Wonderland.

When she awoke, she was greeted with an empty bed, followed by an empty flat. Panic surged through her as her mind finally caught up with the fact that Hollis was gone. Where was he? Why did he leave? Did she do something wrong? Was she not giving him enough space? She had tried so hard to make sure she didn't smother her Cheshire Cat when he was released. Tried to make sure he had everything he needed and that she didn't act like a mother fussing over a kitten.

It was hard though. Especially knowing that he was a wander. That he went wherever he pleased. That if one person could do what they did to him, that another one could possibly do something much, much worse.

The thought of having to go through that entire ordeal again was most unpleasant for Dyann. So many nights were spent tossing and turning on the couch while her mine tormented her with terrible situations. Which lead to many sleepless nights. Many nights curled into a ball on the couch crying because he was in pain. That she couldn't do anything to make it better. She had no shortcut to get him home sooner. No hidden tree branch she could pull to guide him to a better place.

The knowledge of that killed her inside. That after everything he had done for her, all the hints and riddles that he spun for her- she couldn't help him out of that nightmarish hospital.

After the initial moment of panic, she found the note, and with a heavy exhale while pressing forcefully against her chest, she could push those morbid thoughts from her mind. Hollis was fine, and he even left a note. He was summoning her with plans he had been keeping from her. That was good.

Hollis was planning something and she didn't know what it was

Her nerves came to life and she started to fret over what to wear. How to wear her hair. She knew Hollis wouldn't care, that she could wear a burlap bag and he would still be happy to see her. But the thought of trying to look nice for him always put her into a frenzy of butterflies. Thinking back to the note, he called her his "Dearest Girl of Blue." That was it. She knew what to wear.

With her bag in tow, she grabbed her keys and made her way out the door. While she was getting ready, she had set a large pot on the stove to boil so she could bring a thermos of tea for him. She herself had a thermos of Honey Rosemary Lemonade for herself. If they were to meet in the park, it would best for them to have something to drink. It was thought to be good advice to think ahead and always be prepared. Even if she felt too nervous to be able to drink anything.

It was a rather pleasant morning as she made her way towards the park. There was a gentle breeze that made her hair gently blow behind her and a smile play upon her lips. If she was right in her thoughts that they were meeting that the tree Hollis had once perched himself in, then she had no reason to be nervous. No reason to play with the hem line of her skirt as she crossed the street. And certainly no reason to chew on her lower lip as she passed through the gate that led to the park.

She couldn't help but fidget with the strap of her bag as she walked up the small hill and past the cluster of trees where all her memories had come flooding back to her. Pausing for just a moment to caress one of the trees, she felt a slight tingle rush through her. Sighing softly, she continued her way towards the spot she so dearly hoped Hollis would be at. For if it wasn't, she would be at a lost as to how to get back to Wonderland. She would sit there under the tree and possibly cry, scolding herself for not remembering well enough.

Giving her head a soft shake, her hair bouncing in protest, she looked up as she pushed those thoughts from her mind. There. Just ahead. She could see the tree. She could see.... lanterns? Why were there lanterns hanging from their tree? Kneeling beside him, she gently caressed the backs of her fingers along his cheek, brushing some stray threads of blonde-white hair from his face. For just the trace of a moment, she could see the ghost outline of his phantom Cheshire ears peeking through. Slipping her bag over her shoulder, she sat it off to the side as she sat beside her beloved. Leaning over so her hair fell from her shoulder, she planted a gentle kiss upon the top of his head.

"Wake up Dearest Cheshire, your Alice has arrived."

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 929 / NOTES: UGHI'MDYING / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Jun 15 2013, 02:06 AM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

She was taking forever. He never was a patient thing. His attention all over the place as if the world was full of shiny things and he needed to simply investigate everything and anything. But no, he had to stay. Fighting against his very nature, that feral untamed side of himself, to simply wander away and then come back once his curiosity, and boredom, was sated. It was irritating that he couldn't leave as he pleased, a frustrated noise growling in his throat. He had always been a wanderer, even during his time in wonderland he had come and gone as he pleased. Going as far as to vanish away from places that would not allow him the courtesy of leaving out the front door. Even when he had decided to help that adorable little blonde girl that stumbled into his woods, he had wandered off once or twice before he finally helped her back to the Doorknob. It was his doing that had given her the option of meeting all the colorful characters that she had. Except he would not allow himself to wander away. His fingers curling into the blanket he lounged upon as a butterfly fluttered past. Tempting him. Teasing him. Fluttering past like the flirty little thing it was just begging to be pounded upon and eaten - though it would hardly taste as good as his home's Bread-and-Butterflies. Now those were a treat that he undoubtably missed. And they would have gone so well with today's menu of tea and cakes and all the sweet things that both he and Dyann adored.

With a little pout, Hollis decided that if he was to sit here like an obedient guard dog, then he should have at least one piece of candy while he waited. Though a small voice in his head scolded him. Saying that it was ever so rude to start without his honored guest. But Hollis retorted back, snarling slightly that he'd yet to eat today and who knew when Dyann would wake and find his note. For all he knew, she wouldn't arrive until tea time and his Dear Girl would fuss if she knew he had waited all day without anything in his stomach. With a clever little smile on his face, far too smug for someone that had just won an argument with himself, Hollis plucked a piece of taffy up off one of the trays and unwrapped it. Shoving the wax paper into his back pocket, Hollis popped the sage green colored sweet into his mouth. A bit more mollified as the taste of green apple coated his tongue.

In no time at all the sweet was gone, just a remnant of itself left on his tongue and he was sulking once more. Waiting had never been his strong suit when he was forced to stay in one place for...Rabbit's Pocket watch how long was he going to be here? Hollis curled tighter onto the blanket, wishing he had timed this little event a bit better then he had. But he would wait. After all, how many years had he waited to find His Alice once again?

And then, there was something brushed against his cheek, making him whine in his protest in his sleep. Nose scrunching as he pushed the offending object away half heartedly, not wanting to wake just yet. And still the caress continued to brush away his hair. Lips pressed to his head and a voice hushed low into his ear made his senses tingle. And his eyes opened, hazy from sleep. "Dyann?" he glanced up at her, sleep still clinging to his mind and only allowing him to register that it was in fact his Dear Girl seated beside him.

With a groan, he stretched. Back arching like a cat's until he was satisfied and settled back onto the blanket, though this time he was sprawled on his back to look up at the blonde beside him. A sleepy crescent shaped grin spreading his lips as he caught sight of her outfit. So much blue, His Little One. The necklace, now repaired, nestled safely around her neck. "It's good to see you managed to find your way without my guidance as to which path you should take." He teased her softly, leaning up onto his elbows to place a kiss on the end of her nose.

"You look beautiful Dear Girl." He always did love seeing her in Blue as it was the color she wore when they first met. So different from the dark colors of the Queen's Court. Hollis had loved it instantly. "I hope you didn't mind the little bit of cloak and dagger. I wanted to surprise you with" he waved to their little setup. "This. Hopefully it pleases your, Dear Girl." And now, that she was here. They could start eating and having their tea. And more taffy, too!

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jun 26 2013, 01:21 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

And that's why I smile It's been awhile Since every day and everything has felt this Right And now You turn it all around And suddenly you're all I need The reason why I-I-I I smi-i-ile
The closer she approached the little set up her Hollis had waiting for her, the quicker her nerves settled in their resting place. Even with this new human form of his, he was still a cat through and through. "A Cheshire Cat, to be precise." A smile spread across her face as their first encounter crossed her mind. Flattening out her skirt she situated herself at his side. It needed matter what species, or genus he was- he was hers and she had no intentions of ever letting him go.

He swatted at her hand as she caressed his cheek and she giggled softly. Silly little thing he was being. So she took to tucking some of his white blonde hair behind her ear before planting a kiss to the top of his head. "It isn't very polite to nap whilst your company awaits you." That was his response as he very tiredly called out her name. It was a sound she was becoming most accustom to in the mornings when she would stay nuzzled in bed longer than she normally did. There were times she did it on purpose, just to watch him sleep.

Slipping her bag from her shoulder she slipped her shoes off as he made himself comfortable on the blanket. "I must admit Love, you had me fretting over which tree to choose." She gave a gentle laugh as she let a hand reach out and caress his. "I'm afraid we would have to cancel the date had it been back at home." A small frown graced her features as she thought about it. It had been far too long since she'd been to Wonderland, let alone the Portal. "You would've been waiting for quite some time on me."

A blush covered her cheeks as he complimented her before kissing her nose, she modestly waved a hand at him before ducking to run a hand over her hair to try and hide her face. He was far to sweet with his words, especially when they were focused on her. "Oh hush you." Turning her attention back to him, her smile grew as she saw him donning his old Wonderland colors, even the tail she got him for Christmas! "I see you're sporting your ever charming colors. I've missed them so."

Her eyes caught the small tray of filled with taffy and her curiosity peaked. He brought treats? Oh how delightful! Leaning over she plucked a light tan piece from it's resting place and brought it to her nose to smell. There was a light hint of caramel and something else she couldn't put her nose on... Lifting her head she gave a small shrug of her shoulder. "Oh I don't mind Hollis Darling. Though, I do hope I didn't keep you waiting long. I'd feel absolutely terrible if I knew you were waiting for long." Reaching out with the taffy in hand, she ran the tip of it along his nose. "Though I wish you would've woken me up sooner."

Smiling teasingly in his direction, she unwrapped her small little treat before slipping it into her mouth. A soft sigh escaped her lips as her mouth was instantly drowning in the sensation that was caramel corn. Oh it was simply delicious. Her tongue darted out and licked at the corners of her mouth as she remembered she'd brought refreshments, and slide her bag closer, flipping the flap open and showing him the contents inside. "I brought tea and lemonade, in case you're thirsty Dear." Lifting the two thermoses from her bag, she held out the warmer of the two that had his beloved tea in it offering a smile. "It's Earl Gray, and look!" Sitting her thermos down, she pulled out an unopened container of honey. "I even remembered the honey for you."

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 641 / NOTES: UGHI'MDYING / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Sep 11 2013, 08:38 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

In just six simple words Dyann had managed to sum up everything that Hollis was, is, and ever would be. A Cheshire Cat. A fantastical feline of stripes and riddles that never was truly all there as he had once put it himself. He was neither this way nor that, instead always content in paving out his own path as all cats tend to do. Though his way, hand he was so very hesitant to call it that as everything in Wonderland was The Queen's Way, often consisted of shortcuts and eternal roundabouts. “A wonderfully clever Cheshire Cat, mind you.” He had after all gone out of his way to make a little slice of magic just for his Dearest Girl of Blue. And, as all cats do when they wish for attention, he wanted the little bit of praise that she'd offer to stroke his ego just behind his phantom ears a little.

Falling back to rest his head in Dyann's lap, Hollis smiled up at her as her hand reached out to stroke his. It seemed so delicate in comparison to his own, so small, and he grinned wider only to have the smile vanish behind a yawn. “Nor is it polite to make your company wait to the point of napping to waste time as you take your sweet time arriving.” The Cat wiggled a little, tweaking his shoulder into a little one armed shrug as he laced his fingers with hers. Ensnaring the hand that had found his early and holding on with the intention of never, ever letting go. Unless it was tea time. When one has paws in one's true form two hands becomes necessary in moments of life and tea.

A deep chuckle rumbled like a purr in his chest as she voiced her worries. Such a sweet little thing. He would not have let her wander off so far without some way to get back home. What with the Jabberwock, Jubjub Bird, and Bandersnatch running wild over Wonderland. Not to mention those masked men and the massive beasts that found themselves twisted by the darkness. “I do not mind waiting. I'd have sat here beneath this tree and sang until you found your way back out of the Rabbit Hole. After all...how many years did I wait for your return this time?” How many years had passed since he found the little child stumbling about the Tulgey and the woman coming to his aid on Halloween?

Time. There was no such thing for him. Wonderland seemed to be stuck in a perpetual plane of Tea Time, especially after the White Rabbit's pocket watch had been smashed and then put back together with such delicate precision by the Mad Hatter and March Hare. So, why should one, especially when one was of the feline persuasion, care much about what time the hands of the clock said to be.

As Dyann unwrapped her treat, Hollis pushed himself up from her lap, taking one of the taffy bits for himself. “I have missed them as much as I have missed the proper colors of the world.” New York was so bland in its colors. All the trees and buildings and even the people were colored so similarly. It was hardly any fun at all. No wonder New Yorkers went through life so miserably. Popping his taffy in his mouth, Hollis waved off the slight scolding for his decision to let Dyann sleep. His nose tickling from where the girl had run the treat over it.

Hardly. I wanted you to sleep. A surprise Dear Girl. Surprise.” His words slightly slurred from the sticky treat. But Hollis paid it no mind and simply settled for unwrapping another as Dyann pulled out a thermos. “Oh you clever girl! Earl grey please. Royalty always goes so well with taffy, don't you know?” And he waited, a happy kitten munching on treats as he waited for Dyann to pour him some tea. Eyeing the honey with a sharp eye and wondering his chances of getting away with simply filling his cup with nothing but honey and Dyann never knowing. Slim to none he supposed. Well...Maybe it was as slim a chance as he thought. It was a matter of waiting for the perfect opportunity. And he would have one. Eventually. He was a very, very patient cat after all. {ooc: i have no excuse as to why this took so long....it got lost in the tulgey i fear...}

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Sep 19 2013, 09:30 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

The smile that was upon her face was ever so hard to diminish as he made himself comfortable in her lap. The entire set up was like a little square of heaven for her. Something she discovered she was missing in their time before Halloween. Life had been so dreary, so boring before she had followed that White Rabbit through the rabbit hole. Then, after crossing through Portal, there was such a long time of nothing. So when they met by fate, everything seemed to fall into place.

He pointed out that it was rude to keep the host waiting, and she couldn't help but stick her tongue out at him. Such a brat he could be at times. A delightfully pleasant brat, but at least he was her brat. That was the important part. So to his comment she pointed out that she could have been left wandering through the Portal in attempts to find Wonderland once again.

Sighing wistfully as he brought up how long he had waited, she couldn't help but feel guilty about it. She had been so recluse, not venturing far from her flat unless she needed to. Surely they would have met up sooner if she had known where to look. "You are a rather patient cat, you do know this? At least, when it's for something that you want." It was just a tease, nothing serious. Never would she ever think of putting her beloved down.

A breeze past by and she couldn't help but look up at the lanterns that hung above them. All of this was by his mind. His perfectly Wonderlandish mind. Her smile grew, and she felt her cheeks starting to sore from the effort. Far, far too long had she felt that once familiar pain. Everything about today: the setting, the weather, the treats; they were all too perfect.

"No one could wear them as well as you, if I do say so myself." Another soft sigh as she mentally compared the colors of New York to the drastic colors of Wonderland. It almost seemed like she was living in black and white when she thought about it. But, whenever she was with him, it was almost like they had their own little slice of Wonderland. "It is far too lackluster here, I must agree."

Sucking on her taffy, she felt much more relaxed than when she started, and through a sticky mouth, she offered up the refreshments. She knew he wouldn't turn down a cup of tea, and she smiled proudly as he called her clever. There was nothing more rewarding, in her eyes, than having none other than the Cheshire Cat calling you clever. It was the highlight of her day when she could pull something extraordinary out of her simple self to impress him. A guilty pleasure, if one were to classify it.

"I suspected you would have agreed." Sitting the two thermoses against her knee, she pulled out a small wooden box from her bag, a sly little grin splitting her face as she unsnapped the clutch and opened it. Inside were two detailed cups, one in the most darling shades of blue one could imagine. Swirls and well placed dots adorn the white porcelin as the edge was rimmed in silver. The other, as could only be suspected, was worthy of none other than the Cheshire Cat himself. A twisted handle striped in lavender and pink, which fit the theme of the small cup. The rim was donned white, as the rest of the small cup was a small embodiment of his true form. She held the cups up for him, proud of herself that she had stumbled upon a shop dedicted to creating handmade china.

"Then I'm glad I brought cups fit for someone better than royalty."

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 641 / NOTES: it feels so bland... Is good yes? / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Oct 13 2013, 10:54 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

At being called a patient cat, Hollis couldn't stop the chuckle that rumbled in his chest, deep and husky from sleep. “I'm a Cat.” That was all the explanation that he needed to give in his mind. Cats were both patient and impatient creatures. They would poke and paw until they received the pets they desired and yet they could sit perfectly still by the river bank in wait for the unsuspecting dinner that they longed to have. Hollis was the same in that regard. He had waited this long for Alice to return to him and now, here she was, once more his to curl up with under the shade of a tree. We've come full circle Dearest Girl. Full circle indeed.

Oh but hearing the praise made Hollis just beam with pride and he pushed himself up, onto his hands and knees before burying his face in the crook of Dyann's neck, nuzzling her. “Just as you wear blue in a manner of which no other creature can.” Of all the colors that Hollis remembered seeing in Wonderland, blue hardly ever existed. And, when it did, it was always a deep, near black navy and never in the powdery, vibrant blue that belonged only to The Alice. It was as if their world had made that color just for her. Even the sky was more of a dingy grey then blue.

As Dyann brought out the small cups, Hollis marveled at them. Tea cups. Tea cups in their colors. It was truly a sight to behold and Hollis felt a warmth blossom in his chest like never before. For Hollis, as was likely the case with most Wonderlanders, tea cups were a most sacred thing. Though they'd break them, slice them in half, and eat the saucer after dunking it withing the delicious liquid, one could not have tea time without a cup. So now, to know these existed. That these Cheshire and Alice cups were together side by side, in mimicry of themselves, it was touching beyond belief. “Dyann...” He whispered almost reverently as he took the Cheshire colored one from her hands. Cradling it as if it was a new life he was holding the first time. “They are beautiful...

He was so proud to call her his own in that moment. His dearest girl. However did he get to be so lucky to have found her? To have weaseled his way into her life? With great care, he set his cup down and reached for the thermos, pouring himself a cup as he knew of Dyann's aversion to it. And, after popping another piece of taffy into his mouth – raspberry flavored – he raised his cup to her. “To a life filled with Wonder.” And one never absent of her.

{ooc: Short but...my feels}

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 19 2013, 05:00 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

It was amazing how the little things could really affect a person. How someone as small as a chuckle, or a twinkle in ones eye could twist and turn one's insides this way and that. But that's how it was evolving between the two of them. He would smile at her, or as he was- chuckling after a nap. It made a shiver run through her spine. Simple things like that only made her day.

What didn't help was how he would react to her praise. To her compliments. As she made certain he knew her thoughts on him wearing his trademark colors again, she never expected the gesture that would follow. As he nuzzled his face against her neck, she felt her breath hitch in her throat as her heart skipped a beat. A blush crossed her cheeks as he complimented her. He never failed in getting a reaction out of her. Not ever.

Nuzzling her cheek against the side of his head before he could pull back she only smiled. There was no way she could win an argument with him over who wore their colors best, so it was really best to just accept it and move on.

But to Hollis' surprise, she had a trick card up her sleeve. Well, more like her bag as she pulled the small box from it's resting place. Even though he never verbally mentioned it, she knew he agreed with her in the thoughts of colors for this world. Because of him, she tried her very hardest to make sure there was some form of color wherever they went.

His reaction to her presents left her grinning like him. It was rare, she felt, that she could make him react just like that. The feeling made her chest blossom with warmth and pride. Despite what he thought, he was teaching her well in the ways of surprises. Leaning forward, she gently placed a kiss upon his slightly parted lips before sitting the box with her glass off to the side. "I am so very glad you approve."

Mimicking him, she opened her thermos and poured herself a cup of lemonade, sighing softly knowing how badly she wanted to share a cup of tea with him. She felt incomplete, knowing that she wasn't able to enjoy what use to once flow through her veins. On of these days, she would be able to. Nothing would stop her.

Lifting her cup, she smiled at him as she gently touched their rims together in a toast. "To a life forever with you." Her smile widened as her cheeks grew darker with her declaration, letting the cool drink slide down her throat. He really had a certain effect on her, and after struggling with it for the short time she had, she came to realize that she had grown rather fond of said feeling.

As her eyes scanned over the display on the blanket, her eyes caught sight of the small box adorn with a note. Curious, she sat her cup off to the side and reached for the box. "Whatever do we have here?" Lifting the package up, she caressed the box it had come in, fingertips brushing over the note attached to the bow on top. Casually turning the small card over, she gasped loudly and almost dropped the package.

With due haste she sat the box down on the blanket and looked up to Hollis with slightly squinting eyes. "I do hope that what's in there isn't what I'm thinking." If they were the treats from Wonderland, there was no way she would touch them. Not once. She was most certainly not going through that experience again.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 623 / NOTES: the cute x.x / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Oct 29 2013, 06:11 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Purring into that light kiss, Hollis marveled at the cup in his hands. “I do, Dear Girl. Wholeheartedly.” It really was a beautiful cup. The most stunning he'd ever seen. A Cheshire cup, complete with a little Alice cup as it's mate. Oh Beckett would be jealous. As would Hare undoubtably. But neither of them were getting anywhere near his new treasure. This was for his lips, his touches, alone. Just like his Dear Girl was his, this cup was now his. And nothing would change his mind on that subject.

He fidgeted in his seat as Dyann poured herself a cup of lemonade. The drink was sweet and tart and delicious, and yet it felt almost like blasphemy to drink it from The Alice Cup. He really needed to look more into Dyann's affliction. Perhaps it was something to do with the portal and they would be able to share a proper cuppa in Wonderland. Oh what a frabjous day that would be to see Dyann indulge in tea and biscuits as she was meant to.

Chuckling as she toasted him, Hollis couldn't stop the grin on his face from growing and curling into a half moon grin. He held up a finger, eyes glittering in mischief to make the slate grey of his eyes shimmer like stainless steel under the midmorning sun. “To nine lives forever with me.” He was a cat after all. Had she forgotten how to count the multiple lives that cats were meant to have? Surely not. It must have been the slip of a tongue. Dyann was a curious, clever thing after all. She of all people would know just how many lives a cat had.

Raising his cup to his lips, Hollis drank his tea. Content and purring in his chest as the world shifted about them. He could see it. The two of them nestled deep in the Tulgey. The purple bark glowing in the dim lighting, the multicolored leaves rustling softly in the perpetually warm breeze. His ears twitching to ever noise, tail curling and uncurling around his knees. Sharp teeth flashing in the light when his blonde dearest found the little box from Itzel's shop. “It's a wondrous treat. Curtesy of a shimmering little hummingbird-flutterbug and an energetic fluff-tailed squirrel girl.” He really could not thank Itzel and Hazel enough for opening a shop that was so magnificent. Hollis remembered the days, long before he knew Dyann, where he would stand outside with his nose pressed to the glass and drooling over the shimmering frostings and mouthwatering confections.

He all but cackled like a mad man when he saw her squinting at him. Oh! That was right. Had she not suffered the effects of Wonderland treats before? Oh this was too much fun. “If you were thinking that your beloved Hollis has brought you cupcakes, then you would be right. If you were thinking that your beloved Hollis has brought you cupcakes that will make you shrink or grow...” He only grinned wider. Of course he hadn't done something horribly mean like that...yet. But telling her so would ruin the half the fun.

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Nov 8 2013, 11:52 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

With all the worry she had in the back of her mind as she was getting ready. All the fretting she mentally did when she made her way here. She could laugh at it now. This was how they were suppose to be. Sitting under the shade of a tree and sipping from matching tea cups and sharing each other's company. It was beautiful. He was beautiful. This whole ordeal was like something plucked the pages of a Fairy Tale.

She could see him fidget about as she poured herself a cup of lemonade and a small sigh escaped her lips. It wasn't right to drink anything but tea from a cup this glorious, but she didn't want to risk the chance of ruining their day by having a trip to the emergency room. No, they couldn't have that. Today was a fantastic day and nothing was going to ruin it.

Toasting their cups together she giggled, covering her mouth as he pointed out it was nine instead of one. "Oh yes. Silly me. Nine lives forever with you. It sounds absolutely fantastic." With her cup to her lips, she smiled as he purred into his cup. She loved watching him drink tea. He just seemed completely in his element and she adored that about him. How no matter what was going on in the world, whenever he got tea that was all that mattered. Oh how she wanted to share that experience with him.

Gazing upon the blanket they rested upon, she couldn't help but notice a beautiful box. Wrapped in gold and adorn with a well placed bow. Curious she was, and as the realization of what was written on the box dawned on her, she squinted her eyes at him. He knew full well the troubles she had with Wonderland treats. How the cakes and cookies would make her shrink and grow. The way she almost went out like a light, or completely shattered the poor White Rabbit's house. Then there was the incident in the forest, after that dreadful experience with the flowers. How she had shot up taller than the trees, that screeching bird accusing her of being a serpent.

She was not a fan of Wonderland treats.

His explanation made her worry even more. He was slipping into his natural habit and sometimes it worried her. Though this time it was more for her well being than anyone else's. ".... they're just cupcakes?" She questioned him lightly, knowing she would only get more riddles from him if she made a bigger deal of it. Eyeing him warily, she sat her cup beside her and slowly undid the ribbon from the top of the box. Her guard was up, and while she knew nothing was going to jump out and bite her, she leaned back away from the box as her fingers lifted the top up.

Peeking inside, she saw the beautiful sight of perfectly frosted cupcakes and her eyes closed as the intoxicating scent of toffee reached her nose. Oh this was nice. Slowly opening her eyes she looked at him through heavy lidded eyes. "You swear on your tail these are just simple cupcakes? No Wonderland touch to them at all?" Reaching in she carefully pulled one out, holding it eye level and turning it left then right before tilting it forward to check the bottom of the cupcake.

She couldn't see anything, and there was that budding bit of hope that wanted them to be just cupcakes. Just small, moist cakes topped in what smelled like toffee frosting. Her tongue peeked out to lick her lips and she looked over at him once more. "You try it first." Holding the cupcake out to him, she knew as soon as she said it that it wouldn't have mattered. If there was Wonderland in these cupcakes then it wouldn't effect him. He knew all the tips and tricks, secrets and shortcuts to keep himself from going through the trials and tribulations she experienced.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 675 / NOTES: the cute x.x / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 03:51 AM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

I should hope that you would be excited about spending nine of your lives with me...Assuming that you have nine of those remaining. You didn't get run over one day without my knowing did you? Sink beneath the salt water waves of your tears? I know for certain the Queen did not get her paws on you or else she would not be as prone to snapping as she is these days...” He snickered into his teacup. Grey eyes bright with mischief. “Though, it really is a shame on that last one. Just think, you could have stood on your head. We'd have matched in Wonderland. Wouldn't that have been marvelous?” Oh dear. An Alice with a detachable head. Would that still be Alice? Or would she be come only half an Alice as she loosed part of her muchness when her head was removed from her shoulders? Or maybe her muchness would double as there would be 'two' of her. Oh yes, he rather liked the idea of the Two Alice's that were once simply One Alice at one point or another.

With any luck, his Dear Girl would have seen the merit in the idea from the very beginning and give him a wonderful scratch behind the ears as she always did when she was pleased with him. Then again, humans were rather disheartened by things of a rather macabre nature weren't they? But this was Dyann he was talking about. She was hardly any more human then the Queen. Alright, perhaps that was a comparison that was far too drastic in nature. But nevertheless, she had been changed by her time in Wonderland.

But her reaction to that was better left pondered for another day as Dyann doubted his answer. Had he his real ears, they would have flattened to his head, his tail curling tighter around his lithe frame. “You....would ask me to swear upon my tail?” His hand came to rest where the phantom tail he saw in the corner of his eye rested. Fingers curling into the fur and feeling only the fabric of the blanket upon which they sat. To Hollis, there was nothing more important when being a cat then one's tail. It's a pride and joy, and to ask to swear truth by it was like asking someone to swear upon the lives of their grandmother, mother, and first born daughter. “Such a cruel thing to ask of me,” he pouted at her, nose wrinkling as she held up a cupcake to his lips.

No, no, Dear Girl.” he wrapped long elegant fingers around her wrist and gently pulled the toffee scented creation away from his face. “You get either one or the other. Either I swear by my tail that these are simply normal cupcakes. Or. I take a bite from the one you hold in your hand. Take your pick, Dear One.” His lips split into his trademark grin, all teeth that shined in the morning light. “One cannot have their cake and eat it too.” It was impossible to walk down both paths, unless you were a Cheshire Cat of course. So, in the end, he'd be curious to see which option she'd choose as neither would truly get her the answer she sought.

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Dec 12 2013, 01:18 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

Giggling softly as he questioned her on whether she had nine lives or not. It would burst his delightful little bubble if she were to tell him no, she only had the one. Though, seeing everything his fellow Wonderlanders had the ability to go through, maybe- the small thought flicked to life in the back of her mind, just maybe if she spent enough time with him and the other Wonderlanders, she would be one just as them. It was a long shot in the dark, but it was possible, was it not? Surely if things in her world and in this world could adapt to things just simply be being around it, who was to say she couldn't gather an extra life here and there? "We would be quite the pair Love. I don't think Wonderland would know what to do with us then."

She adored how he treated her. How he sat her upon a pedestal and kept her safe from any potential bit of harm that would come her way. How he would be so very possessive over her whenever they went out. She would try her hardest to tone him down, to keep people from looking at him as though he weren't all right in the head, but deep down she adored it.

Truth be told, she adored everything about this feline of hers. And more than anything, she was proud to call herself his.

So as she stared at the cupcake in her hands, trying to keep her willpower together, she had asked something most personal to him. And while she knew it would be turned in her face, she craved this little moments of interaction. The pout that came upon his lips made her want to lean across the short distance between them and kiss the stubbornness from him. Replace that adorable pout with a grin that suited him much better. But she couldn't. She needed to stand her ground and butt heads with him. Someone needed to, and as it was she loved doing so.

Innocently she blinked as a thought grew in her head such as the way the Mome Raths would sprout from the ground. "Either one or the other you say?" The corners of her mouth tugged hard as she worked to keep her face as poised and elegant as possible. She couldn't smirk at him. Couldn't give away the little bit of playfulness she was concocting. "Why, I do believe I can. For you see, I am simply Alice. And Alice's get what they want, especially if the one and only Cheshire Cat is involved." Finally giving into the grin she was holding back, she reached up quickly with her other hand and took an action so rash, one wouldn't think it were her.

In one swift motion she leaned forward enough where she was sitting upon her knees as the cupcake in her free hand was pushed gently against his lips, leaving the trace of frosting upon his beautifully pale complexion before she leaned in to press her lips possessively against his.

It was a dirty move, and while she knew he wouldn't mind, there was still a part of her that wondered how he would react. Would he take it as lightly as she assumed he would, or would she have found the one thing to make him push her away and scold her. Oh she certainly hope he wouldn't, especially considering how they used his honey in their free times. Surely a stealing a toffee frosted kiss from his lips wouldn't hurt, would it?

With her grin spreading against his lips, she relished in the taste of the two, especially with the ever so very faint hint of tea that came with it. Slowly she pulled away, smirking with a pleased look upon her face, as she ran her tongue along her lips. With the hand that once held the cupcake, she wiped a bit of frosting she had missed from the corner of his mouth with her thumb, more than willing to lick the sugary treat from her appendage.

"Oops. I must have slipped.," she said rather coyly as she once more lifted the cupcake with the now messy top and peeled a bit of the wrapper away before taking a bite from it. Oh she was ever so very sneaky when she wanted to be.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 738 / NOTES: the cute x.x / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 10:15 AM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

A purr rumbled in his chest at the sound of Dyann's laughter. It was honestly Hollis' favorite sound, aside from the whistle of a boiling tea kettle or the sound of a taffy wrapper being jostled as one hurried to unwrap the delicious treat that laid hidden within the waxy paper. Truth be told, the taffy wrapper crinkle had always been his favorite right up until he first heard the gentle laughter of the blonde beside him. Now, it was a very close second and he jumped to his feet, arms splayed wide as his grey eyes opened far too wide. The edges of his smile nearly curling to the outer corners of them in excited madness. “Why, they would love it! Wonderland is nothing without her Alice! I dare say they would crown you Queen!” And why shouldn't they?! Everyone in Wonderland had adored her. Even the Queen had been fond of her, inviting her to play croquet, until the slight mishap with the infamous Bearing of the Royal Knickers. Something that was, in no way, Hollis' doing.

Hollis sank back to the blanket, exceptionally closer to Dyann then he had been before. His phantom ears pricked forward and twitching in delight as he looked at her with pupils blown wide as though he was riding out a high that he had gained from bathing in Bastian's catnip tea. Wonderland had been long without the other Suit Kingdoms. And only the Red and White monarchies existed in opposition to the Hearts Kingdom. Quite frankly, Hollis had never shown loyalty to one court or another, but under Dyann, under the Blue Kingdom, he would swear unwavering fealty. Ah, if only she would want such a thing. Hollis would have had a marvelous time plotting out the wars they'd wage and their victory speeches they'd give before declaring they absolved their kingdom and escaped through the Looking Glass in peels of laughter as their no longer new subjects gawked in utter stunned silence. It would have been a magnificently short rule. A definite way to spend a grand afternoon in summer.

But for now, the Cat was content to sit beside his Dyann and listen to her has she tried to keep the corners of her lips from breaking out into a smile. Why people fought such a wonderful expression he'd never understand. After all, a Cheshire Cat was nothing without his smile. “Yes, I dare say you can and do.” Ah, if only she knew where his earlier declaration had led him. There was nothing Hollis wouldn't do for his Dear Girl. Nothi-....

Hollis sputtered as the cupcake was smooshed against his lips. A cry of protest smothered beneath Dyann's lips. For a moment, Hollis fidgeted. Torn between wanting to pull back so he could lick his face clean and deepening the kiss. But, before he could properly decide, Dyann pulled back. Lips covered in frosting and an impish smile on her face as she devoured her cupcake. Trouble maker, he though as he rubbed the back of his hand across his lips to gather the frosting. “You surely must have.” He reached forward as she took a bite. Trying to push her hand, and by extension the cupcake, against her face much like she had to him.

Perhaps I should have brought a better blanket and not one so slippery.” He licked the frosting off the back of his hand, looking very much like a cat caught in grooming. One eye closed in contentment as he kept the other open and watching Dyann with caution. If she thought she was going to put another cupcake's worth of frosting on his person, especially in his fur hair she would be faced with a skittish kitten who would be darting up the tree to escape such an atrocity.

~WEARING || DECOR~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 02:01 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

you stole my heart

A giggle erupted from her lips the moment he tried to push the cupcake into her face, much like she had his. Leaning back, she kept the mess to a minimum as she felt a bit stick to the tip of her nose. Attempting to be ladylike, she covered her face as she sat the cupcake upon the box. Oh she felt ever so clever for what she had managed to pull off. It wasn't everyday someone was able to get the one up on the Cheshire Cat, so knowing she was one of the few made a warm glow start in her chest. "I did say I could, after all, have my cake and eat it too.," she stated after she swallowed her bite.

"Mmmm, those are so good! Tell me Luv, wherever did you get them from?" They were moist, and soft, and the flavors melted in her mouth as her taste buds danced in merriment from the delightful treat. Reaching out she took another dollop of frosting upon her finger before sucking on it, giving a small shiver as the sugary confection made a smile spring to her lips.

If only everyday could be like today. Surprise picnics under the shade of their tree with light treats such as those scrumptious cupcakes and the sticky taffy Hollis had acquired. She would be in simple bliss if they no longer had to worry about violent queens and dreadful Jabberwocks with their claws that snatched trying to ruin their plans. Would things stay the way they would if they could? Or would they all unravel without the hint of danger that was rimmed around their elegant teacup of life? A very thoughtful question indeed as she quietly giggled over how he fussed about the frosting upon his hand.

Once a cat, always a cat.

Looking down at the blanket, she smiled softly as her hand ran along it. It was one of the blankets they used as a fort after that terrible incident with the fill-in editor. Her mind was still plagued time to time with the way his dirty hands felt against her. She felt sick every time that memory slipped it's lock box, tainting everything she ever cared about. Giving her head a small shake, she refused to think about that as her gaze lifted up to his face. Her smile grew just a bit as she took in his features. His gray eyes as they watched her with caution, his light complexion as the afternoon sun complimented him, the fair blonde of his hair that would almost turn silver if positioned properly in the light. He was what got her through the humdrum days of this world. Even after she left Wonderland and crossed through the Portal, his beautifully striped memory would cross her mind and give her hope that she wasn't completely imagining things.

"Thank you," the words were quiet as she made the quick effort to move things from her way before leaning against him. She had wanted to lay her head upon his lap, but she was far too rushed to be near him to make the extra effort to clear a place for her legs. "This is really lovely, frosting covered Cheshire and all," she added with another giggle.

And really, it was more than what she could have ever asked for.

TAG: Hollis! / WORDS: 565 / NOTES: i tried x.x / OUTFIT: Dearest Girl of Blue

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Feb 11 2014, 11:36 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

A crescent moon grin split over his lips as he watched Dyann giggle in glee and attempt to lean away from his sweet assault. Oh but he would have none of that. For she was his Alice and in this present moment in time, she was to be his Alice With Frosting Upon Her Nose there for she needed this adornment or else she would not fit her title. And when he caught sight of her with the icing on the end of her nose, he giggled louder, eyes widening in pure bliss. Oh didn't she look adorable? Cementing the image into his mind, Hollis leaned forward, giving into his instincts of grooming as a cat would. His every intention to snag that little dollop of frosting off of the end of her nose with his tongue if she didn't move back. The girl may have gotten her cake and, in her mind, started eating it too, but in the mind of the Cat, it was he who had gotten the cream at the end of the day. And that made for a very happy Cheshire Cat indeed. He couldn't help but purr softly as Dyann devoured her cupcake. Clearly savoring it as he hoped that she would have.

He only grinned wider as she proclaimed her love for the treats and reached to snatch his own form the box. Raising it to his lips, he could smell the raspberry and chocolate that was hidden beneath a layer or pink sugar icing. “From a little bird.” It was the only explanation that she'd be given and, technically, it wasn't a lie. Itzel was a bird...well...fairy. But with her feathers and brilliant colors, not to mention her nose, she reminded Hollis very much of a hummingbird. Perhaps she had been half fairy and half hummingbird. That was a curious thought. If that was to happen, then would the child between the two be born or would they hatch from an egg? Surely this was something that he needed to investigate. But for now, he simply munched happily as the sweet cake melted in a myriad of flavors.

Laughing, Hollis simply shook his head. “Dear Girl, don't thank me.” He nuzzled against her head as she leaned against him. Breathing in the scent of her hair. Of the milk and honey that he loved so much. A soft purr rumbling in his chest. “Simply return it in kind one day – preferably on a day when we both celebrate our Unbirthday.” It would make the entire date that she'd create all the more special. “I'm glad, Dyann.” He kissed the top of her head, letting his eyes fall closed as he sank into the comfort of her presence. “Even if I am covered in frosting...

~WEARING || DECOR || Notes: AND THAT'S A WRAP ON THE CUTENESS ;w; ~

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.