Add Reply
New Poll

{{D A Y D R E A M}} believer, Dollis Party!
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jul 2 2013, 12:45 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

I FOUND MY HOPES, I FOUND MY DREAMS
Making her way out of the hair salon's doors, she ran her fingers through her hair. The grin that crossed her face was large and slightly out of place for a New York girl. Thankfully Dyann wasn't a traditional New Yorker. She was a Wonderlander, and as her fingers raced along the keypad of her phone she grabbed Hollis' attention with a text asking him to meet her at the party New York had blocked off for it's inhabitants.

It had been a little while since the two of them went out and cause a little bit of madness in this town. They had a pleasant picnic a few weeks ago and it made her tingle all over the more she thought about it. He had surprised her and showed her that even though she doubted herself, he really cared for her.

Today was going to be different though. Today she had paid tribute to his Wonderland roots and put his colors in her hair. She was going to surprise him, like he had her. Then they would run amok and snag all the tasty treats. Maybe get their faces painted or try to win overstuffed animals. Every plan ended with them under a tree for the fireworks.

As she quickly made her way through the excited crowd, she fed off their energy and as the excited grin stayed plastered to her face. Hollis was going to be so shocked when he saw her. A small white lie said she was going for a walk, which wasn't that large of a lie at all. It just involved a trip to the hair salon and her fair blonde hair was streaked in the wonderful colors of pink and lavender. His colors.

Reaching the sawhorses the police had barricaded for the party, she wasn't waiting long before she saw his face in the crowd. Calling out his name, she jumped up and waved her hands to catch his attention. "Hollis! Over here!" Her smile widened as she saw his eyes widen a bit and she couldn't help but laugh. "Do you like it?" She twirled, letting it fan out around her before her arms latched around his neck. She reached up on tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "I wanted to pay homage to my most favorite Wonderlander of them all."

Taking his hand in hers, she led him past the sawhorses and into the crowd. "C'mon! It'll be fun! I wanna show you cotton candy!" She laughed again, feeling almost like a child again. Today was going to be glorious, and if she was able to wrangle it, she could get a kiss under the fireworks too.

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 450 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
*Sig based off of Mira's creative mind; click to view artist's DA
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 03:02 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Just a rummie by the jukebox in a casual curious pose
Hollis lounged by the open window in the living room to his shared flat. Eyes following the random ribbons of red and white and blue that the neighbors across the way had fixated to their balcony. Three colors that he felt should have never been paired together as, in his mind, they represented the struggle between the Red, White, and Hearts monarchies...along with that of his Dear Girl. He understood that today was special for the humans that were born in this country. But still, those three colors brought bout his wary side.

And, just as he was contemplating painting the ribbons lilac, his phone buzzed. A text from Dyann asking to be met downtown for the Independence Day celebration or something incredibly silly like that. One does not rebel against the monarchy, head must have rolled terribly for the country to have succeeded in revolution. Either that or the queen that lived across the pond had grown tired of trying to keep such an unruly child inline. Without another thought to how America had been successful, Hollis got up from his perch, stretched until his spine cracked back into place, and headed out the window and down the fire escape – not bothering with the door.

A little while later, Hollis found himself waiting for Dyann, his mind wandering as it always did in an attempt to unravel just what sort of mischief his dearest girl in blue had in store for him. But before he could get a grasp on a proper idea, his thoughts lost somewhere between getting his face painted and robbing a bank, his name was called, his attention drawn to see Dyann waving at him. A thousand watt smile lit up his face as she twirled, her hair fanning out. The blonde streaked with pink and purple. His colors.

Dear girl!” He pulled her into a tight hug as she kissed him, nuzzling his cheek against her. Purring as she declared him to be her favorite. “I love it.” She wore his colors, just as he now wore her's in declaration of who it was that he chose to follow. After all, that was what this day was about wasn't it? Declaring things. Finding independence from beneath the thumb of royalty.

Laughter easily left his lips as she took his hand and lead him into the madness, wondering all the while exactly what exactly it was that she was planning on showing him. “Cotton Candy? Dearest, as much as I love sweet things to put cotton in one's mouth is never a good thing. Why we might as well just dip out handkerchief in sugar water and dine on those.

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jul 10 2013, 01:12 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, wouldn't be. And what wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Single
Bicurious
Alice

His smile shown brighter than the largest diamond as she pushed through the crowd to show off her hair. Her smile certainly had to match his as she latched onto him, kissing his cheek as his arms wrapped around her. "Oh I'm so glad you think so! For a rather short minute I feared you would be upset."

He was a Cheshire Cat, after all. And as she was learning, he was the only Cheshire Cat. Which he prided himself with. So there was logically only two ways this engagement would have panned out. One, he would have seen it for what she meant it to be: a tribute to the most unique Wonderlander. Or two, he would see it as her trying to weasel her way into his glory. Which was certainly not the case.

She was Alice. His Girl in Blue. She was most certainly not a Cheshire Cat. Let alone the Cheshire Cat.

The purr in her ear calmed her worries and as she pulled back from their hug she made effort to kiss the tip of his nose. Of all the things that she had ever come in contact with, none of them shown like Hollis did. He was one-of-a-kind.

Lacing their fingers together she pulled him into the fray that was the party, a small laugh bursting through her smiling face. "I can assure you we won't be stuffing our faces with actual cotton." Though sometimes she wondered about cotton candy. The kind you could buy in the store always seemed thicker and less.... wispy than the cotton candy you could buy at a fair.

"As for our handkerchiefs, how would we be able to hide the evidence of tart devouring if we were to eat them?" A grin was flashed back at him as she turned and took his other hand, maneuvering backwards towards the sweet stand she passed earlier.

Her eyes finally fell from his face to catch the color that adorn his shirt, and she couldn't help the squeal of sheer excitement that came from her parted lips. He was wearing blue! Of all the colors in the spectrum for him to wear, he wore her color. She bit down on her lower lip to keep her mind focused on the task at hand. "I have to say, Hollis my Dear: You look simply dashing." The grin that sprouted upon her face gave it away though. She was beyond excited that they were wearing the other's colors.

At the sound of cotton candy spinning in the machine, she released his hands to turn and pluck a blue spindle of crystallized sugar from it's resting place. Doling out correct change, she turned back to face Hollis, holding the cone in her hand like one would a flower. "Go a head, take a taste. I promise, you'll love it."

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 475 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!
\

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 10:29 AM
214 POSTS
6'2"
Twas Brillig ~ Oh! Hello! I didn't see you there. You really must learn not to stand so out of sight. It's not polite to the shadows you see. They spend so much time perfecting their technique that you really do throw off the balance they're trying to master. it's quite rude.
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Hollis' smile twisted into something undeniably feline as arms wrapped around him, a kiss pressed to his cheek. “Now why would I go and do a thing like that?” His eyes sparked with mischief. He was a cat after all and being such a creature left him incredibly possessive of the humans that he saw as 'his'. For Dyann – His Alice, His Dearest Girl of Blue – to mark herself with his colors left him pleased as punch simply because now her hair would show anyone that mattered, anyone that knew, that she belonged to the Cheshire Cat. She was his.

She laced their fingers and tugged him along as he rubbed the nose, the second kiss leaving his nose wrinkled as though he had to sneeze. Sniffing back the feeling, he allowed his eyes to wander knowing that Dyann wouldn't let him walk into something and of he did, well, Hollis supposed then that he would have to chalk it up to fate. “Good, good. I feared that this cotton candy would have done nothing but sat heavily in our stomachs if it acted like normal cotton. For, surely if clothes made from cotton are doubly as heavy when wet, the purest form of it must feel like lead..

A flare of panic flashed through him at the mention of eating tarts, drawing him out of his musings to regard Dyann with cautious eyes. “To eat tarts is such a dangerous thing to do, Dearest. Especially in this day and age. You never know who might be listening.” He would not usually be so wary but after his run in with the White Rabbit, Hollis knew it was only a matter of time until the Queen of Hearts knew of their existence. He wanted nothing more to incur the tyrants wrath then the crimes he'd already committed. And stealing tarts was such an odious offense. The knave still bared the scars from his whippings for it.

But now was not the time to worry over what could be's and this could happen's as his girl smiled at him. The smile on his face turning small, slightly embarrassed – a rare sight indeed – as she complimented his choice in colors. “Thank you, Dyann.” He squeezed her hand a little. How had this girl come tumbling once more into his life? How had she gone from a small child in a gingham dress to this sweet adult holding up what looked like the end of a Q-tip in blue.

Cautiously he eyes it, resisting the urge to lean close and sniff the curious thing and simply settled for prodding it with a finger. Head tilting as he managed to peel away a small tuft. Interesting. Hollis popped it into his mouth, after all, what did one do with something called a candy?His eyes lit up as his tongue was hit with a sweet flavor, the wisp dissolved into nothing on his tongue. “This is perfection!” Why, it might even be better then taffy! After all, this dissolved just as he did. “It's like Cheshire Candy!

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 06:08 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Noticing the change in his demeanor she couldn't help but feel bad for bringing up sneaking tarts. One of the worst things to do in Wonderland was mess with anything that revolved around the Queen. That bit of knowledge she had discovered for herself. The hard way. He pointed out that it was possible for anyone to be listening, and honestly- the last thing she wanted to was attract the attention of that dreadful woman.

Biting down on her lower lip she felt it best to leave the subject behind them, and instead focused on making their way to the cotton candy stand. Her mind was set that he would enjoy it. Pure sugar that would dissolve on one's tongue seemed like something Hollis would consume.

Instead, her eyes caught sight of the new look that passed over his face. One she had never actually seen before. His hand tightened around hers and her smile grew. She had managed to embarrass the one and only Cheshire Cat. Oh this was absolutely beautiful. Surely no one else had managed to pull off such a feat. As she held out the sweet treat for him it took all she had to keep the giggling grin from bursting through. "Go on, try it. It won't bite, I promise," she giggled as he eyed it. His reputation for knowing everything often led him to some of the cutest reactions when he found something new. Tearing off a piece as he did, she stuck her small tuft in her mouth and let it dissolve on her tongue. A laugh did manage to bubble through her lips as he called it "Cheshire Candy."

"I suppose you could say that." Her nose wrinkled as the laugh died down into a giggle. He was far too precious, and she was completely satisfied that he was all hers. Leaning forward she lifted herself on her tip toes to press a gentle kiss to his lips. "Have I ever told you how adorable you are?" A smile on her lips, she took another small bite of the Cheshire Candy. And really, he was.

Shuffling her feet a bit, her cheeks still slightly blushed from her surprise kiss, she looked about in hopes of finding something else for them to do. There was really so much for them to do. They could get their faces painted, grab something to eat, watch a band play. Oh all the choices they could do! Turning her attention back towards his gentle face, a small smile played across her lips once more. "I must admit, I've never actually been to a party like this. Though, I will admit- it's nothing like the Tea Parties you use to have back home."

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 460 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Sep 7 2013, 02:31 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Whether it would bite or not, Hollis was intending on trying the strange fluffy thing that Dyann had classified as candy. It looked more like a cloud or a cotton ball then candy. Certainly something he felt belonged to Wonderland. He wasn't one to let things that he had no information on continue beyond the grasp of his knowledge. So, had the blob of blue bit his prodding finger, it would have only pushed him further into solving it's riddle. Quite honestly, he had half expected it to snap at him for such a rude gesture. After all, that was what The White Rabbit had done when Hollis had once tweaked his tail. Such a funny little ball of fluff it was, indeed. Just as this was.

What's as solid as cotton, light as air, but dissolves instantly when wet? This strange treat that he'd come to call Cheshire Candy. It was sweet and delicious. No where near as good as Taffy, he felt that he needed to voice that internally so that the memory of the sticky, chewy treat did not get offended and think he had gone and replaced it on his very impressive – if he did say so himself – list of Hollis' Favorite Sweets.

As he snatched up a bit more of the cotton candy, Hollis' lips curled into a sly little grin as Dyann praised him for being so adorable. “No, but please continue.” He was a cat after all and it was his very nature to soak up the praise that his human was showering him with as she blushed. His own lips tingling as she graced him with a gently kiss to his lips. So sweet his candy girl. Hollis was struck with the urge to pull her to their tree and simply curl into his lap and nap. Content with the world and life as he purred her a lullaby to keep her happy and calm.

But such idle dreams must be held for a later time as there was still so much to see and do. His mind tugging at him to explore as any curious creature would. “I'm afraid my area of expertise is far from anything that would encompass a bash like this.” His eyes wandered about the people in their bright clothes as they chattered away. Only to tilt his head as a child walked past with her face painted like a butterfly. “Curious and curiouser...” He muttered, turned to watch her as she walked. “Dear girl,” He turned back to Dyann. “It seems a bread-and-butterfly has imprinted itself on that poor child's face. Surely her mother would be most cross at this development. Bread-and-butterflies are not exactly known to be the most kind of creatures when they form a symbiotic bond. Or so the tulips have told me...

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 01:23 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

The giggle that escaped her lips was light and airy, quickly being carried off by the breeze that blew around them as Hollis discovered the delights of cotton candy. Or, Cheshire Candy, as he now officially declared it. Taking another piece for herself, she smiled as the sugar dissolved upon her tongue as she giggled once more. She wondered, for just a curious little moment, how it would feel to be able to disappear like a Cheshire Cat. Would it tickle? Or would one feel nothing? A curious question indeed.

Upon fluffing the feline's ego ago, she graced a quick kiss upon his lips before napping another piece of candy. Looking around, she was actually at a loss of what the two should do. She hadn't actually attended anything like this in her time being here, usually content to just relax in her flat and write. This year though, this year she had someone to go out with. To spend time with. To latch upon his arm and show everyone that she was in fact, none other than his.

Her lower lip jutted out a bit as he declared he was at a loss as well. Absentmindedly a hand came up to brush her hair off to the side, out of the way of her vision, causing her to smile as a glimpse of Cheshire colors caught her eyes. It was a brilliant idea, doing her hair like this. "Well, we could always look around the little stands and see what they have to offer. I do believe some sell little trinkets and...." Her words died off as she heard her tell-tale phrase muttered from his lips.

As if turning on cue, she saw what he was curious about. Smiling at the small child as she past, her face painted like that of a butterfly, Dyann couldn't help but giggle at Hollis' reaction. Oh how absolutely adorable he could be at times. Most of the time actually. Sometimes, she honestly forgot that he wasn't accustomed to the things humans would do. He had seemed to adapt rather well, whether he would admit it or not, she wasn't too sure of that.

"I'm sure the young girl's mother knows. It's only face paint Love. Easy to wash off, actually. I use to do it as a child for my cousin's birthdays. Though mine were never butterflies. I preferred kitten whiskers and a lovely pink nose." A warm smile was directed at Hollis' shocked face, and she wrinkled her nose playfully at him. "Interesting, actually. Do bread-and-butterflies imprint?" It was a curious question indeed, one that she felt Hollis might possibly know, seeing as he was more akin to know Wonderland related things than her.

Shaking her head gently at the mention of the tulips, she couldn't help but remember the scene they had caused for her. Blasted tulips.

Before continuing further, she took a final bite of candy for the time being as she locked her arm with his. "If you would like, we can always get our faces painted. If I recall correctly, the brush tickles ones face as it glides over your skin." Leaning up on her tip toes, she kissed his cheek before nuzzling the tip of her nose against his earlobe. "But I wouldn't make you do anything you didn't want to do, Cheshire Love."

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 558 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Oct 4 2013, 09:56 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Hollis couldn't stop the giggle that slipped past his wide grin. He was getting all the kisses today wasn't he? They made his heart flutter, his cheeks warm. It was rather enjoyable. Just like seeing the young child with her face all colored in bright colors.

To think that the small girl's mother likely knew what the child had gotten up to with the paint. Why what sort of child did things that their mother knew and was apparently alright with – if not encouraged? Such a crazy, mixed up world this was indeed. Or was this simply a human thing that he'd never fully wrap his head around. Like neckties. Why would someone wear such a thing upon their neck. It lowered a person as it imitated not only a collar but a leash as well. Like some dog. Unclean mongrels...Hollis would never understand a necktie, but bow ties...bow ties were cool. Or so a rather raggedy man around Christmas had told him when he was trying to figure out what to wear for Moira and Maren's party.

His attention was dragged back to Dyann as she spoke of whiskers and noses like his own used to be. How could he disapprove of seeing his Dear Girl as a kitten? It was too fitting a painting upon her skin. “I think you'd make a lovely Cat, Dyann.” He looped an arm with hers, letting his fingers ghost over the sensitive underside of her wrist as his hand continued to creep down her arm until he was able to interlace their fingers. “In fact, I insist to see this come to fruition. Come now, this way. This way!

Starting off down the way the small girl had wandered from with her mother, Hollis led Dyann through the crowd of people. Not really knowing which way he was going nor what his eyes were searching for. However, he had a feeling that he'd spot whatever stall or corner artist that had supposedly set up shop to cover a child's face in paint as if she were a white rose ready to be painted red. “Well, from what I've come to understand, though I really must take this with a grain of salt as the flowers are hardly reliable sources, but the Tiger Lily told the Rose who told the Violet that the Bread-and-butterflies will literally attach themselves to Tulip if they find one that is a perfect kiss and will not leave for any reason. But that's all hearsay. There has yet to be a Bread-and-butterfly that I could not fluster into leaving.” He grinned at the thought of all his good pounces.

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Oct 19 2013, 05:12 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

She was finding it harder and harder to not wear a smile upon her face when she was with Hollis. Everyday seemed to be one adventure after another with the Cheshire Cat. Honestly? She wouldn't have it any other way. A thought would cross her mind, from time to time, as it was happening just now. Where would she be if she hadn't met Hollis on that faithful Halloween day?

For starters she would be bored, that much was certain.

As she explained to him that the girl's mother probably knew about her daughter's face, she was flashed back to a time when she use to do the same thing. Simpler times. Times before her adventures in Wonderland. Dreadfully dull times those were.

Everyday she seemed to silently thank that White Rabbit for crossing her path on that wistful afternoon. For had he not, she never would have met the amazing people she knew today. Namely the male that was looking his arm around hers.

"I shall take that as a compliment that you would think so Love." A small shiver coursed up her arm as his fingertips caressed delicate skin. He was a tease sometimes, and she honestly wasn't sure if he knew it or not. He probably did, he just played the innocent card all too well.

With the fingers laced, she following willingly behind him as he insisted she get her face painted. "Well I suppose it couldn't hurt. Do you plan on getting yours painted as well?" Granted, this was all spoken of after she questioned him on the Bread-and-Butterflies. Her eyes widened a bit at his explanation. She loved learning things that were Wonderland based. It was almost like she was learning more about Hollis at the same time.

"You were such a rotten cat, don't you know?" She laughed softly as she said it, letting him know all too well she was only teasing. "It's a wonder there was any left for me to see with the way you seemed to enjoy pouncing on them." Wrinkling her nose playfully in jest up at him, her eyes caught the sight of a small group of children running away laughing with their faces all dolled up.

Tugging gently on the sleeve of his shirt, which made her grin to herself because he was donned in her trademark blue, she pointed with her free hand to the artists laughing at the giggling children. "They seem to be a hit today, wouldn't you say?"

Reaching up to kiss his cheek once more, she unlaced their arms and pulled him closer to the little stand. "Do you know what you want, or am I the only one getting dolled up?" Smiling widely at him, she playfully stuck her tongue out at him as she turned to address one of the free artists.

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 480 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Oct 29 2013, 07:10 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

Oh, Hollis was fully aware of the things he did. Every whisker twitch, every grin that he placed was all a game. One long, extended game that he intended never to loose. Especially when it came to things with The Alice. Hollis knew exactly the way he portrayed himself, even if he never alluded to that fact in the slightest because where was the fun in readily admitting that he was nothing but a troublemaker One had to be creative in getting their way when everything was technically The Queen's Way.

Glancing back over his shoulder, Hollis looked at Dyann as if she'd grown another head. “Of course.” Why on earth would he pass up the idea to be more colorful then his pathetic human palette allowed? “How could I not?” This was a chance for him to once again indulge in colorings that were native to his world. The brilliant greens, the vibrant pinks. He missed the bright neon colors that burned like acid.

But thoughts of his colors were shoved aside as she called him a rotten cat. “I was hardly such a thing!” He scoffed in jest, mildly offended. “You will never find a more considerate and kind Cat in all of Wonderland. Why if I had not come for you when I did within the Tulgey, surely you would have been scooped up by the JubJub Bird or the Bandersnatch.” He was such a good Cat. A helpful Cat. Surely his hint at shortcuts and pathways were enough to spare his little girl in blue from the wicked jaws of the Jabberwock.

How dull life would have been if she had been captured by those wicked claws. Surely he would have never been able to find his way to the place where small children and some older kids at heart were getting their faces decorated in paint. “I always know what I want.” He flashed her a wink and slipped into an open seat, pointing to the design that he wanted. “This but I would like them mixed with blue and violet if you would be so kind.

Instructed to stay very still, Hollis sat as the brush danced over his skin. Making it feel wet and crackly when it dried. He'd only tried to scratch it once, the artist smacking his hand away with a mild scolding that made the Cat pout. Once he was finished, he skipped out of the booth, half his face covered in curling vines and blossoming roses that faded from a dusky violet into the most beautiful sky blue. A little tribute to the legendary adventures that Dyann had. Humming Painting the Roses Red, Hollis shifted back and forth. Now all he had to do was wait for his Dyann to join him once again.

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Nov 1 2013, 10:49 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Lost in a fit of laughter as they made their way through the crowd, Dyann felt her cheeks starting to hurt from all the smiling and giggles she had given. Hollis was far too precious for this world and she squeezed his hand as he proclaimed he was anything but a rotten cat. She did hope he knew she was only teasing, that she knew better more than anyone he was the sweetest thing. "Oh Hollis you are such a gem."

He had found her, lost and completely through a loop so many years ago in the depths of Wonderland. Such a place a small girl shouldn't venture alone for fear of something dreadful getting her, he came from the shadows and showed her a safer way. At least it was safer than the way she was taking, even if everything seemed to be after her. Surely she wouldn't be here today if it weren't for him. It was possible she could have been snatched by ferocious claws, or caught by the Queen's card soldiers and ultimately headless. The thought made her swallow hard.

Slipping her tongue back into the comfort of her mouth, she blinked a bit at his comment and that wink of his before he hid his face to her and pointed out what he wanted. Slightly lost for the moment of time, it took the artist nudging her with his brush before she came too. "Oh, yes. Pardon me. I got a little lost there for a moment it seems." Squinting her eyes in the direction of her Cheshire, she took her seat and smiled at the man. Just something simple, she told him as she brushed back her hair and made sure nothing would obstruct his brush.

It was hard to keep from giggling- apparently somethings never changed. The same as she had always been, giggling as the artist would try to paint her face. Only this time she was older, or at least she appeared older. Biologically she was still in her young teens, still a child. The Portal had granted her a much older body, perhaps to keep her safe- or as a ruse to make sure no one could find her. Smirking to herself, she wondered why it didn't just change who she was. For she felt that no matter how she looked, she would still be her. Still be Alice. Nothing could ever change that.

Fanning her face to help the paint dry faster, she laughed as he commented on the stall beside them. Apparently Hollis tried to scratch at the paint, only to be rewarded with a smack to his hand. Oh you silly thing you. Why the ordeal was free, she tipped him generously and thanked him for his time, slipping out of her seat and slipped up behind the shuffling Cheshire. A familiar tune caught her ears and she could really only grin. He apparently had followed her throughout her entire adventures, didn't he? Chiming in to the part she came in on, she slipped her arm though his, "Not aquamarine!" Giggling once again, she made as scary a face she could and gestured with her other hand a claw-swiping motion.

"You could give the White Rose a run for her money Love." Taking the arm she had slipped hers through, she draped it over her as she slid up close to him. "Do I make a good cat? Surely I'm not as grand of one as you are, but do I meet up to the ever loving Cheshire's standards?" She wrinkled her nose as she said it, and she felt the tip of her nose crinkle from the paint. Just like her childhood, only this time she was with none other than the Cheshire Cat. "You wouldn't believe what the artist wanted to add to my face!"

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 644 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:00 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

For as long as Hollis remembered he'd always been a musical creature. The songs spun round his head with such intensity that if he sat and watched the words blurring past, he'd loose track of time and find himself dizzy beyond all belief. But the lyrics of songs often escaped him. Leaving just a broken melody that he could scarcely remember on the worst of his days. The only song that he seemed to ever be able to remember was Jabberwocky, but that was not a song now was it? Had it been a story? A poem? Hollis was never quite sure and it often didn't matter except for the second thursday of every other month. Those days he knew for sure that the words he spun in clever warning of the beast that dwelled within the depths of the darkest part of the Tulgey was nothing but useless nonsense buzzing about in his head.

But this song was different. It had been one that Dyann had sung all those years ago when she first took his short cut straight into the trouble that was brewing in the middle of the Heart's garden. Oh the Queen had been livid when she saw the red paint dripping off her beloved roses. But that was why the Cheshire Cat had given Dyann that particular pathway. Life with no adversity was hardly a life at all. And besides, it was always entertaining to watch as the queen started to turn red with rage.

The Cat broke into a fit of giggles as Dyann swiped her hand, fingers curling like claws. “Oh no, no, no. Dear Girl! No creature in all of Wonderland could ever hope to compare to the White Rose. Why, she is the very essence of song.” Oh but she was a vain flower. Beautiful and gifted, were not all who fell into both coveted categories often that? Though he had to admit, he was guilty of batting at the dew drops of her little spiderweb shrine on more then one occasion. But that was only because she had seen fit to shank him with one of her cleverly hidden thorns. Hollis knew she had done it because who else could it have been?

He turned grey eyes to the blonde who was intertwined with his arm and studied her face. A warm feeling bubbling in his chest. Pride was it? Adoration? Or perhaps a sour longing for her to really be a kitten. “You're beautiful, Dearest Dyann. The loveliest of cats in human form, Dearest.” He purred, leaning over to press a kiss to her skin. His lips tingling with the rumble of vibrations. But as he pulled back, his nose scrunched in mimicry of Dyann's without realizing it. The artist wished to improve upon perfection? “What did he want to do?” He couldn’t even fathom what would have bettered this bit of artistic perfection.

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Dec 23 2013, 01:31 AM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

Nestled up against her beloved, Dyann couldn't help the smile that was plastered to her face. Nothing was better to her than hearing his praise. Nothing could compare to the overwhelming joy she felt in her chest as he placed her even higher on the pedestal she was already perched upon. His attention was something she was coming to crave, and if it were making her selfish, she didn't care.

Her eyes closed the moment his lips pressed against her forehead, and a gently sigh escaped her partially parted lips. Everything about this moment felt right. Standing here with him as they complimented one another on their faces. She couldn't bare to imagine spending a moment like this with anyone else. The thought was laughable, really. There was no one else, she felt, that could have understood her the way Hollis had.

"Oh Hollis, you have such a way with words." She sighed gently once more, slipping an arm around his lower back and snaking a thumb through his belt loop. "Oh, the artist? He commented on my color pallet and said I should be the Cheshire Cat." Beaming a smile up at him she continued on. "But I told him, there was only one Cheshire Cat, and nothing I did could ever match what he is known for."

It was the truth. She was merely a young girl. So ordinary and plain- nothing at all like the ever so well known Cheshire. At least not in her mind anyways.

Glancing around the busying area, she pondered what else the two should do. Should they get something to eat? Or perhaps find a tree to hide under and wait for the fireworks? Oh but that was so long of a wait! Hollis wouldn't stand for it. Though he would probably take that offer up if he could nap in her lap as she stroke his hair, but that would leave her with nothing to do. Perhaps there was a Taffy vendor around here. That could keep him entertained for a few hours.

"Are you hungry Love? I'm not sure what all there is to offer, but it couldn't help to look around? Or if we were to be ever so lucky, we could perhaps find a taffy stand. Wouldn't that be lovely?" Giving a gentle tug on his waistband, she started to pull him off towards the right. If all else fails they could just as easily walk around.

"Or if the mood pleases, we could find a tree to sit under early for the fireworks. Though I'm positive that would be a dreadfully long wait." A thought popped into the back of her mind, and it caused her to blush a red so dark she had to cover her face with her hand as they kept walking. She would not bring that idea up, goodness no. Keeping herself close, she kept her face from his line of vision. "Whatever pleases you though Luv."

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 499 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party!
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
hollis artemis braith
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 09:41 PM
214 POSTS
6'2"
taken
taffy-sexual
The Cheshire Cat

To say that Hollis had a way with words was like saying that water was wet. He was The Cheshire Cat. Words were an integral part of his existence. After all, how many cats in the world could talk and sing and spin riddles as elegantly as he could? Especially in Wonderland, he was renowned for his ability to talk and the mischief his words created. All the same, most in their beloved world where everything was as it was and nothing was what it should be could spin a turn of phrase as wonderfully as the White Rose could sing, but he did it better. Always better. He had a reputation to uphold after all. One that the world seemed hell bent on having Dyann become a part of. The irony of the fact that the painter had wanted to give Dyann Cheshire Color's brought a deep rumble to his throat, a sound that was a twisted melding of a dark chocolate flavored laugh and a cat's purr. A sound that only was found in the land of all things Curious and Mad.

Mmmm perhaps, perhaps not.” While it was true that he was the only Cheshire, it was also true that she was The only Alice. She was marvelous, magnificent, and beyond all things, completely and totally mind-blowing. Which was a feet in itself, considering how little of mind those left in Wonderland actually could claim to still be in possession of. “Though I do believe that if there was ever anyone capable of being a match for me it's you, My Dearest Girl of Blue.” The very thought of her all dressed in blue standing beside him made a too wide grin cross his face as he pulled her closer to him, his hand squeezing her shoulder lightly as they walked. It was sad to think that this day would soon come to an end. He wanted it to last forever. An endless day with his Dyann. Drowning in fun and paint and delicious food that was made even sweeter by her presence. It was in this moment, that Hollis knew something had changed. Solidified.

All his life, he'd been a thing consumed with wanderlust, meandering wherever he pleased when he pleased. Though it was rumored that he once belonged to the Duchess, Hollis had never felt any loyalty to her. Just as he'd never felt any to the King and Queen of Hearts. But now, with her, Hollis would stop time. He'd move the earth farther from the sun if only she wished for the days to be longer. He'd always had a fondness, a loyalty to her that was for sure but this feeling he felt in this instant, it was special. She was special.

And, he stopped, stopping her with him. Grey eyes so warm in comparison to his usual black, so open to the world locked on her face. He didn't need taffy or tea. There was no need for biscuits and rhymes. Nor trees to nap in the cool shade to escape the heat of summer sun. Hollis simply tucked a finger under her chin, trying to get her to face him if she already hadn't. A look of seriousness on his face, something so foreign to him as he spoke. “I love you Dyann.” He licked his lips, teeth nibbling his bottom one for just a moment. “You are...the most precious thing to me...” And she was all he needed. Nothing more, nothing less. Just her. Forever and ever and ever. Until each of his nine lives came to a close. It was her, it had always been her. It had simply never clicked in his mind, just how much.

WEARING

--------------------
user posted image

Solar is Sensational <3

PMEmail
^
dyann london carroll
 Posted: Jan 15 2014, 12:42 PM
261 POSTS
5'1"
Single
Bicurious
Alice

In their small bit of conversation they were having, she hadn't expected him to flatter her in the manner he had. Words and all. She was the only one able to match him? That was such a compliment- he should have known that. Was he aware of the words he was telling her? Of the flattering things that left his tongue as if the Bread-and-Butterflies were fluttering from his lips? Little secrets that she felt he wouldn't have wanted to leave. But alas, he didn't take them back, and he smiled that smile she loved ever so dearly. Had she made that deep of an impression upon him?

As they walked, she tried to keep her mind from falling back to those words he uttered, and how completely lightweight they made her feel. She attempted to distract him, to offer him food and pettings, even taffy and naps; but it seemed he was lost in his own little world. How she wished she could see what it was like inside that mind of his. How she would simply be the happiest girl in the world if she could get lost in that mind of his- to see what rolls about in his mind as she went in search of why a raven was like a writing desk. Perhaps she would find out where he stored the little snippet of intelligence that held all his thoughts upon her. Maybe then, she would be able to attempt to unravel the riddle of his fascination with her.

Oh how wonderful would that be?

Keeping a hold of his belt loop, a smile stayed painted upon her face as they walked. It was peaceful, quiet- save for the thoughts that rolled about her mind as she tried to find some way to entertain the Cheshire that was holding onto as possessively as he was.

At least she was until he stopped, in turn stopping her. Curious, she looked up to him, wondering why he paused without a word. Blue eyes stared up at the soft gray eyes that were usually hidden behind pale lashes. The world around her seemed to fade, as if she were staring into a looking glass- awaiting to be transported to a world that wasn't like anything she could have imagined. A long, delicate finger curled under her chin and lifted her head to properly meet his gaze and she tilted her head, worried as the mask of seriousness replaced the usual playfulness that he usually wore. But as soon as her lips parted to ask what was wrong everything around her froze.

In an instant her world shifted. The colors brightened, striped ears of pink and lavender overran her vision as the very breath left her chest. Swirled eyes stared back at her as she tried to find herself once more, the feeling of falling down the rabbit hole completely engulfing her. There was no sound of little kids running around playing, no parents calling out unknown names. But instead it was replaced by sounds she once held in the depths of her memory. Completely lost to this world that tried so hard to keep her muchness hidden.

His words were bright and clear, even as they echoed in her ears. Everything seemed so clear in that moment as a wide smile broke her face, something almost matching what Hollis himself was capable of as she pushed herself up to have her lips meet his. There was the rough scratch of their painted faces rubbing against each other as her arms wrapped up around his neck. There was nothing else in this world, or in Wonderland, that she would ever need as she took claim of the Cheshire who'd confessed himself to her.

For so many years she was lost in this city. In this world that was nothing like the world she knew and missed dearly. All those years she quietly pleaded for someone to come and save her, to tell her that she wasn't imaging the things that were swirling in her mind that her parents told her wasn't real. So long had she been lost, looking through her eyes as if she were outside looking in. She never expected that the Cheshire Cat would answer her silent plea that faithful Halloween evening. In that time he had weaved his way into her life, sinking his claws in a way that would never let go.

Slowly pulling back, she thought for a split second that she saw a bread and butterfly fly behind his catlike ear and she laughed, quietly at first before the volume grew and she once against kissed him. Rougher than the first one, and quicker as she pulled back. "Yes," she whispered, her hands coming to rest upon his violet cheeks. "I love you too."

For one last time, she kissed him, her face split in half as silent tears streamed down her face. He'd never realize how much this meant to her. How she thought she were silly for thinking such a thing. She found it fickle, a human emotion that she felt he wouldn't share in return. Oh but how wrong she was, as those faithful words rang inside her head, forever etched in her memory- just as his poem had been all those years ago. A lone hand reached out for his as she laced their fingers together, she gave a gentle tug, "Let's go home."

TAG; HOLLIS | WORDS: 914 | OUTFIT: Dollis Party! | I'M DONE. DEAD. DONE. LEAVE ME HERE. ;~;
@ alice from caution!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.