Posted: Sep 2 2013, 10:34 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

forget about me
Rain had started to fall, making Damien curse loudly. It wasn't a heavy rain, but it was a light sprinkle, which only lead to heavier rain. Wrapping his jacket tighter around himself, he wished for nothing more than a bed of his own. As much as he really disliked being told what to do and how to live his life, he was so tempted to find an empty apartment for rent and throw his money at the landlord. Never had it been so as it was this summer. It either rained all the time, or it was so blistering hot he found himself sleeping in walk-in freezers. What made it worse was the weeks where the weather felt like spring, then gave the world a glassy look. The kind where you could see the heat. It was really a miracle that he wasn't sick.

Peeking his head out of the alley he was lurking in, he ventured into the busy New York nightlife. He let the crowd push him in a general direction, deciding to kill some time before he would take shelter in a little hideaway for the night. Debating what to do, as he passed sign after sign for restaurants, he both felt and heard his stomach growl. The downside to not having a home of your own: the lack of food. Exhaling through his nose, he decided it was time to get something to keep his stomach quiet. It was hard to pick a lock with an empty stomach.

He smelt it before he saw it, and what he saw made him grin from ear to ear. Just ahead: an unguarded pizza. His prize for the night. He noticed the delivery guy arguing with the customer, and he couldn't help the devious grin that appeared on his face. This would be too easy. Sticking his hands in his pockets, he casually made his way to stand a little bit behind the delivery guy. They would just think he's waiting for a taxi, a bus, or maybe a date. Scoffing, because he knew that would never happen, the smell wafted under his nose and his stomach growled again: bacon, garlic, pepperoni, and a briny smell. Fish? Oooohhhhhh anchovies. Yes, good. There was something about eating those that made him feel like he was at home. Granted it wasn't any snake and spider stew, it was still something that made other people turn their nose up. Pushing the hungry from his mind, he knew he had to focus; otherwise this would end badly.

There were times he thanked the Portal for what it had given him. Other times he cursed it. He had a terrible temper on his own at times, but throw this aura of his into the mix and it would just end badly. Too many times he ended up in a fight because of it. Thankfully, because of his past, he knew how to run the fuck away and hide like nothing had happened. For tonight though, he just needed an inkling of it. Just enough to keep them busy on themselves and ignore the little punk who was stealing their pizza

Sighing heavily, he let a bit of his irritation of being hot and hungry mix in with their argument over the price. The delivery guy stiffed a bit and Damien felt the change in his demeanor. Good. Get annoyed. Just a nudge, that's all they needed. Nothing more. The delivery man said something about learning how to read, and the customer retorted with their prices being too outlandish. The banter kept going back and forth, and Damien closed his eyes as he let it wash over him. There was something about bickering that made him feel whole. Maybe it reminded him of Shock and Barrel. They were always fun to fight with.

The customer called the delivery guy a prick, and Damien let a chuckle slide out under his breath. Oh how he loved the way people resorted to name calling. They really were no better than children. There was a retort about one of their mothers, and Damien had to sidestep to keep from getting shoved into the street. Coyly sliding back to the pizza, he kept a close watch from the corner of his eyes to make sure they were fully engrossed on one another. They were in each others face, and Damien saw this as the perfect time to make off with his dinner. Wrapping his fingers around the box, he hissed through his teeth as the steam burnt his fingers, and he had to jump back when the first punch was thrown. Shit.

Holding the pizza close to him, he looked around as a crowd started to form as the two got more involved. No one had noticed him thankfully as he slowly took a couple steps back to let the crowd surround the two as the customer dived the delivery guy. Welp, his work here was done. Time to go wallow in pizza and give no fucks. Turning on his heel, he casually strolled down the sidewalk, his dinner in hand, as the crowd started cheering. That was easier than he expected. Now- off to his happy little hideaway. But first, he stopped at a mailbox and popped the lid opened on the box and 'aahhed' as the heat and smell washed over him. Yes, his precious prize. Taking a slice, he folded it over and took a large bite, barely chewing as he shut the lid and tucked it under his arm. It was so good, and the anchovies made it all the more better.

Left. Right. Straight for a block. Another right. There. Wiping his hand on his pants, he let the last of his crust dangle from his mouth as he slipped into the alleyway and sat his pizza on a trashcan as he pulled his backpack from it's hiding spot and dug around in it before pulling back with his lock picking set. Twirling it in his fingers, he wedged them into the lock, and cursed as it slipped in his hands. Fucking greasy fingers. He tried again, and once more the pick fell to the ground. "God fucking dammit." There was a step, and he froze. Oh shit. Picking up the tools, he took his pizza and backpack, and tried to hide behind the trashcan the best he could. Fucking great. Just what he needed.

▸ tag: BANIES ▸ word count: 1071
▸ note: He needs more interactions

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Sep 3 2013, 08:49 AM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK★A little rain never bothered Baines any. It reminded him of the damp cemeteries back home on mischief-making nights, the soft mud that shifted beneath his toes, the smell of graveyard dirt soaked through. New York had a different smell when it rained, less earthy but still somehow clean. The smell of wet concrete was calming to him, and the fog that the lingering summer humidity created made him feel like he was walking between gravestones instead of weaving around cars and other people. Rainy days made him feel almost smug he was wearing his signature hoodie, though he wore it regardless of the heat and maybe if it rained a little harder, he could count it as a bath. For now, the rain was just a soft misting, making his cheeks and the back of his hands damp but not much else. It was another aimless night for him, the movie marathon over and the cabin fever drawing him out from his hiding place in the housing complex. Summer nights made the streets too full for his liking and he was anticipating the coming fall, for both the cooler weather and the dragging of youngster back to their school desks. There were still too many kids out, despite it being late, trying desperately to make summer last just a little bit longer. He remembered when he was nothing but a kid but he was growing into his older body more and more each day, its aches and pains and age. He felt he had enough clout, being twenty-six or so they told him, to gripe about the state of kids these days, even though he was ten times worse and probably should've known better. The neighborhood he was passing through was quiet, save for the two people arguing. Some guy in ratty pajamas pants was bitching at a pizza delivery guy, something about him being too late or too expensive or whatever. Baines sort of liked pizza, liked it even better cold, though the grease from the hot cheese was probably what he liked best from it. He could smell the pizza from where he was standing on the block and it smelt pretty damn good, even to him, so he didn't see why the guy couldn't shut the fuck up and pay for his pie. But Baines had to raise an eyebrow when a guy in a black jacket sulked out from a nearby alleyway, hands in his pockets. He was being quiet but it was surprising Ratty Pajamas couldn't see him from behind the delivery guy. The kid in the jacket was skinny but not that skinny to hide behind him completely. Baines lingered by the sidewalk and watched the scene play out. The kid was gonna try some shit, he could tell already. He was bad at hiding it or maybe Baines was just good at seeing it. Either way, the kid was gonna snatch that shit and the way Ratty Pajamas and Delivery Boy were going at it now, they weren't even gonna notice. Only Baines was there to bear witness. The kid was clumsy when he finally grabbed the box, looking as those he was gonna drop the damn thing and have to explain himself. He could've laughed except when the kid fumbled, there was a flash of long red hair falling out from his jacket's hood. Oh, fuck. Damien. Lock. Whoever, whatever. Baby brother or older brother or whatever, the portal had messed up their age relations but it didn't make them any less related. Thieving ran bone deep in the two of them. Maybe even the three but he didn't know what Shock was doing just now. Maybe she had gone legit. Who knew? He made sure his own hood was up before following Damien through the crowd that was forming around the front of the building where the two guys were now screaming. Usually, watching a fistfight would give him a certain warm and fuzzy feeling, but there were bigger things at hand. He lingered a little bit away as he watched his brother take a slice out and put the box under his arm. What a fucking moron. The portal hadn't given him any more brains. Sucks to be him. He continued to follow a ways behind, keeping the kid and the box in sight until they were back in another alley. It was easy to sneak his way in, especially since Damien was working with some kind of lockpicking kit. Working with it poorly, but it was nice to see the family business was still going strong. His boot landed a little heavy on the ground and his brother got spooked, trying to hide himself behind a trashcan. Baines let out a wheezy little giggle, grinning as he leaned over the still-wet can, smacking his brother on the skull. ”Dude, you fucking suck, man! You probably ruined that pizza, throwing it all over the place like you have. What's the fucking point of stealing shit if you're gonna ruin it?” He laughed again. ”But I mean, we always knew I was the best thief of the bunch, right?” His elbows rested on the top of the trashcan. ”You're not still mad about last Halloween, are you? The vodka bottle thing? I mean, even if you are, I don't really give a shit, I was just wondering.”words: 897; tag: brat bros ; notes: oops, sorry, couldn't resist. hope this is okay! FLEUR!
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Sep 14 2013, 09:38 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

forget about me
There was nothing that killed the buzz of knowing you pulled off a rather impressive grab than failing to work with the lock pick kit you were accustomed to using for as long as you could remember. Fucking pizza grease, why the hell did he have to be so hungry? Fuck everything in the world. Maybe this would be the calling to his brain that would teach him to not go days without eating.

He would argue and say it wasn't his fault. It was the weather's fault. Too damned hot to eat anything. Everything that he usually ate was far too hot for this sort of weather, and the heat only make sweets melt and get sticky. Reasons he wanted a life of solid fall weather. Not only was it just overall better, but it was perfect for making it through the streets of New York unnoticed.

Footsteps fell upon his ear and he hissed a string of profanity as he took refuge behind the trashcans, peeking though a small gap in hopes that he would see whoever it was walk past where he was hiding. But when the sound was followed by a wheezy chuckle, his blood ran cold with the memory that followed it. This was then followed by a thwap to his head and he couldn't help the words that came out of his mouth.

"What the fuck was that all about you fucking prick?" Looking up at the grinning man who he knew in his past life as Barrel, he wasn't hiding the glare that was upon his face. "The fuck does it matter if it's a little shook up? What's the point of blending in if you're trying to balance a pizza like it's a rare piece of art or some shit?" Standing up, he took to wiping his hands on his pants again as she slung his backpack over his shoulder. "Pfft. Best thief out of the three of us. Yeah fucking right. Whatever floats your boat man."

The recent history the two of them had was shaky. They found each other on the other side of the Portal, where Barrel had said a few choice words and felt the need to make him feel like shit. Wasn't like he fucking chose to leave his brother behind. Then there was the run in at the liquor store. Fucking bastard felt the need to crack a bottle of vodka over his skull.

And of course he had to bring it all back up.

Narrowing his eyes down at the smug looking asshole. "Oh no. Why ever would I be pissed about having shards of glass embedded in my skull and alcohol running in open wounds. Nah. Not at all." He let the sarcasm drip from his tongue as he looked at the other boy. "Well I'm glad you don't give a shit, because I don't either." Lie. He cared. More than he was willing to admit. But he wasn't going to tell him that.

He'd been so alone since they had all broke off, that even though their last two encounters were shitty, they were still better than not knowing where the hell the other was. Now, if only he could find Shock and give her a good sock to the chin. Huffing through his nose, he crossed his arms over his chest.

"So what brings you to finding me? Thought I was doing a damn good job of staying out of the spotlight."

▸ tag: BANIES ▸ word count: 580
▸ note: I am not worthy of your greatness

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 08:01 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK★Baines got a sick enjoyment of freaking his brother out, making him curse a blue streak and scurry into the shadows, nearly dropping the amateur lockpicking kit he was futzing with. Ha, funny. Lock couldn't pick a fucking lock to save his skin. Served him right for being shit at stealing things. Who did he think he was gonna rip-off, making all that noise? Yeah, Baines was ruining it for him but was he supposed to actually give a shit?Damien's annoyance was making Baines' heart soar, really. He practically fed on schadenfreude. “You can't just shake up pizza, you dipshit. Go open the box, I bet all the cheese is stuck to the top of the fucking box by. Use your head. You can't just bounce around something covered in hot cheese!” Come on now, how can you live in New York and not know how to properly handle pizza? “You probably attracted more attention to yourself holding the pizza box like a fuckin' dipshit. Do I have to teach you everything? Freddy help me, when did I become the responsible one?” He shook his head, ignoring the jab at his thieving prowess. He knew he was the best. He had to be, considering what a moron Damien was proving himself to be when they were around one another. Baines still didn't know exactly how to feel about Damien. It was almost too easy to belittle him on this side of things and from what he could tell, he had really done a number on Lock the last time they were on the darker side of the portal. Then there was the vodka bottle thing. Baines had made it just fine in New York. He had managed to see the bigger picture of things- working for Oogie meant he could work for someone else, stealing from Halloween townies meant he could steal from human beings. It was all relative. Damien hadn't been so quick on the uptake or he wouldn't have been forced to steal pizza from people in order to eat. 'Cause the kid looked like he totally need to eat. He felt sorry for his brother, in a way. Maybe the least he could do was get the kid a new pizza to make up for being a total shit. ”Good, glad you're okay with it,” he said, letting a grin worthy of his old skeleton mask cross his face. “You're a terrible liar but you've caught me in a good enough mood to not bother you about it.” Fucking with him was really too easy. The fun was sucked out of the game when he realized just how skinny the kid was, how much he needed that pizza. Did the kid even have a place to stay? “I wasn't looking for you. You just appeared and I followed where you led. When you're so terrible at stealing shit and when you have fuckin' bright red hair, you stand out. You're lucky it was me who found you, I mean that.” He paused, biting his lip. “Look, why don't I get you something to eat? Something that isn't fucked to hell because you were too stupid to hold it proper. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so take it or don't but I won't ask twice.” Acts of charity were not Baines' strong suit by any means but Damien, Lock, whoever, was his brother and that still meant something to him, after everything. words: 578; tag: brat bros ; notes: spooky bro feels FLEUR!
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Oct 2 2013, 12:51 PM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

forget about me
Crossing his arms over his chest he couldn't seem to wipe the permanent glare that was embedded on his face. "Dude it's just fucking pizza. It's all gonna go to the same place." He didn't care what it looked like. Didn't care if all the cheese was bunched up. When he was hungry nothing really mattered. Internally he scolded himself, knowing that he should've just gone to Kira's diner. There was a fifty percent chance the red-head wouldn't be there.

Rolling his eyes at Baines' comment on being the responsible one Damien couldn't help but wonder if he had a run in with Shock. That would be the only reason he would say something like that, right? Fuck he got cocky since this whole Portal shit happened. Brother or not he wasn't about to listen freely to being insulted like that. Jabs here and there were one thing, but ever since they split it was getting harder and harder for Damien to keep a hold of his mentality. He really just wanted things to go back to the way they were.

Snapping a retort at the scruffy haired prick before him, Damien couldn't help but think how maybe, deep down, Baines was right. That maybe he was doing better than the other two. Especially if Shock hadn't surfaced yet, seeing as she was the first one to leave. No. He couldn't let the other man play with his head like that. It was all bullshit.

"You really are a snotty little prick, you do know this right? Who the fuck gave you the reason to come around and rub my nose into your shit? Acting like you were blessed with everything in this world." Raising an eyebrow to the other's reply that he was in a good mood, even after calling him out on his "lie," Damien just wanted to hit him. Right on the spot.

The look on the other kids face he couldn't help but feel self-conscious. Why the fuck did he keep looking at him like that? Was there something on his face? Did he get pizza sauce on his chin? Fuck he was still looking at him like that. What was this kid's problem? He could feel the air shifting a bit around him and he shook his head, trying to keep his head clear. Just because Baines was an asshole didn't mean he deserved the aura that was growing around him.

"I wasn't trying to fucking impress you. I just wanted a pizza and those assholes weren't paying attention. You never use to pay attention to details." The jab at his hair made him exhale heavily. Lifting a hand to run through the mane of his, he held a handful out so he could look it over. "Yeah. Like I asked for this. Gotta love being called a fucking woman when some sick bastard thinks you're good looking. Lemme tell 'ya, fucking great." He tossed the handful of hair over his shoulder as he eyed Baines'. "At least I don't have a wet mop on my head that looks like someone covered in tar." Though he probably had better times managing it than Damien did his.

He was about to turn and jump the fence, calling this encounter done before shit either hit the fan or he ended up caving and letting his fist make contact with the other's face when the offer made his blood run colder than it already was.

His face twisted in confusion, and he didn't give two shits if Baines saw it. He wasn't trying to hide it this time. The fuck was he doing? Really? Did he look so desperate that he needed symphony from him? Looking down he noticed how tattered his shirt looked. All the dirt and grime that was caked in his pants. The rips at the knee. Furrowing his brows together he looked back up at the other boy. "What are you playing at?"

Charity wasn't something none of them knew. They weren't taught to be nice, and they sure as fuck were never nice to the other. The three of them all played hardball and the game got even worse when the others were involved. Tilting his head, he couldn't help but notice the look on his face. What was he trying to do?

The hand holding the strap of his bag tightened as he thought the offer over. Did he think he didn't have any money? That was a thought worth splitting a gut over. He had a wallet full of money, and there was a large stash in his bag. Not having a place to live had it's perks. So did having that shit job at the liquor store. Especially when you got paid under the table and took some of the store's money. Not to mention the other wallets he had made off with. He had told himself when he figured out how the housing system worked that he would never get suckered into that bullshit. He would be free to come and go as he pleased, not worrying about nosy neighbors that questioned his choice of living.

Maybe he was wrong? Was it possible, actually possible, that his brother had a better grasps on this world than he wanted to believe? Maybe- but now wasn't the time to think about that shit.

Would it really kill him to take the other up on their offer? Maybe it would give them a better chance to get acquainted? Fuck- they were practically family. They shouldn't need that. But, after years of not seeing the other- maybe Baines didn't think the same as he did anymore.

With a heavy sigh he shrugged his shoulders. "Don't think you're a hero or anything." Turning to look at the pizza he couldn't help but feel like he was robbed. The one time he made that aura of his work properly. Looking back to the boy, he crossed his arms over his chest again. "You better not expect me to dress formally."

▸ tag: BANIES ▸ word count: 1016
▸ note: he's more emotional than I thought >__>

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
harold landon baines
 Posted: Nov 17 2013, 07:07 PM
>
harold landon baines
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARK★ “Yeah, but you just totally went and fucked it up!” Baines threw his hands up in defeat. “Okay, fine, whatever. If you wanna eat fucked up pizza, that is entirely your stupid call.” He made at face at the thought of all that perfectly good gooey cheese and grease crusting over and congealing on the cardboard because his brother was a moron. What was the point of stealing something if you were just gonna destroy it in the process? You really are a snotty little prick, you know this, right? Baines shrugged. It was a last ditch effort on Damien's part to make him feel bad and it wasn't working. Yeah, he knew. He'd been a snotty little prick since the day he was brought into the world. That was a really shitty newsflash. Thank you, Captain Obvious. But blessed with everything in this world? That was just straight up stupid. “Look, if you couldn't figure out how to make it here, than that's your fault. I got no reason to feel sorry for you or feel bad that I managed to figure shit out. This world chews losers like you up and will spit you right the fuck out if you let it. You're letting it happen. You're just mad because I'm smart enough to see it and point it out. Go ahead and be mad all you want but it won't do shit for your situation. Step your game up, sucker. Stop trying to throw shade on me.”He could give Damien as many lectures as he wanted but it was up to the kid to change his own circumstances. Baines had his life sorted as far as he was concerned. But this asshole was the only family he had, so maybe he had to take a little interest in that asshole's well-being. He wasn't good to anyone dead and Baines had never wanted to go against their trio. Damien was still glaring at him, but there was a confused wounded puppy look there. “Dude, you and I have a very different picture of the way things were back then but I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about it. I ain't Shock. I've fought with you enough for the evening.” He laughed a little bit. “You know they have scissors here, bro. It's an easy fix. And my hair works for me, they tell me I look like a rockstar.” “I'm not playing at shit. If I can't be honest with you, who can? You look like shit. You look like you might keel over and die and we both know it's not like home where you might get back up afterwards. So come on. We can try to not have this pissing contest for a coupla minutes and at least get you something to eat, okay?” Maybe this world had made him go soft. Or maybe he had watched enough movies about brothers to know when you had one, no matter how shitty you treated him, you had to be a tiny bit kind to balance it all out. This was him balancing it. Then later, they could go back to beating the shit out of each other and it would all be okay. “Nah, being a hero is stupid. I'm just making sure it's not game over for you. Please, do I look like I dress fancy? Just, I dunno, there's gotta be a diner here or something. They have these things called waffles and they put chocolate chips and whipped cream and shit on top of them and then you can smother it in chocolate sauce, it's one of the best fucking things. They even put ice cream on it if you pay extra. Don't even tell me you don't still dig sweet shit.”words: 630; tag: brat bros ; notes: spooky bro feels FLEUR!
^
damien vincent roth
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 12:14 AM
172 POSTS
6'0"
N/A
Complicated
Straight
Lock

forget about me
The rain continued to fall around them, and it seemed that after everything that was thrown back at him from Barrel, the rain only got worse. They were thankful there was enough coverage over them to keep it to a minimum, but there was still enough for Damien to get a slight chill from it. Or was it from how His brother wasn't taking shit from him anymore? How much changed after he was chased from home?

He wasn't sure how to take it.

He stood there, even after he tried to throw shit back at him, feeling like nothing he said was affecting him. Was Barrel right? Was he really losing his touch? Had he gone and fucked himself over with the decision he had been making? He couldn't have been, he didn't know about the large chunk of cash he had stuffed in his backpack. Money wise he was just doing fine. Health wise? Well, the other had a point when he mentioned you couldn't just "die" and then get right back up again.

This world believed in the dead staying dead.

Maybe he should give the other a chance. Stop trying to butt heads with him and just let him actually help. It wasn't like anyone was going to know. Hell, no one hardly paid attention to him anyways. Even if he had long ass red hair. And truth be told? He was rather fond of his hair, the more he dealt with it. Helped to keep him warm in the cold winter months.

As he crossed his arms, he tried his best to keep from looking like a wounded puppy, but by the look on Barrel's face, it was hard to think he had succeeded. With a shrug of his shoulders he commented on how the two of them could try to stop having a pissing contest, "I'spose."

A grin sprouted on his face when Barrel went into a spiel about not dressing fancy. It seemed they did about the same thing when it came to clothes. Though Damien couldn't help but be jealous of the hoodie the other wore. He normally didn't have one 'cause those bitches too a lot of room in a backpack when all you did was drift from place to place. Maybe he should put settling down into consideration.

Laughing at the accusation of them and sweets, he shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose that's the only thing that hasn't really changed with me. Can't fucking get enough of them. But have you tried hot sauce? That fucking shit is killer man." He tried to offer a smile, but it felt out of place, especially after having his ass verbally handed to him.

Adjusting his backpack, he walked past his brother and turned to raise an eyebrow at him from the mouth of the alley. "Is this us making up after a fight? I think I might get sick from how sweet it almost is." He grinned, nodding his head behind him. "Hope you've got a good place in mind, 'cause now I'm fucking craving these waffle things."

▸ tag: BANIES ▸ word count: 524
▸ note: there's hope for him yet!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.