Add Reply
New Poll

i make house calls, - tag: theo -
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 01:03 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
nefelibata (n.) lit. "cloud walker"; one who lives in the clouds of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not obey the conventions of society, literature, or art
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

tag: theo // wearing: [ this ] // notes: theo bby, we help you!

The address was scribbled on a piece of paper and after another glance at the name of the street, Riko tucked the little crumbled paper into a pocket on her bag where she kept her laptop. And, of course, the DC Mini set was tucked away safely in there. She guarded those with her life. Just as fiercely as she guarded the mirror pendant around her neck and under her clothes that acted as her totem. Both were precious and needed to be kept away from prying eyes and curious minds. If either got into the wrong hands it would be dangerous indeed. Each Mini had a protective code on it, allowing only her to be able to work them. But she knew there were brilliant minds that could break through if they really felt they needed to. So she was always quite careful. Especially on the subway system where she stood now. It wasn't as crowded as the ones she was used to in Japan, but still they warranted someone to be a bit more careful than usual.

As the paper with Theo's address was safely in the front pocket of the bag, her eyes scanned the colorful tangle of subway routes. Her eyes followed the little orange line that would lead her to him. The boy that had sought her out and needed him. The boy that was now a client and would be a patient the moment she got to see him. The boy that was, in fact, a fox. She wanted so badly to see him in his animal state, but people always surprised her with the forms they assumed in dreams. Sometimes they were the same as the person she met no matter what they may or may not have been, portal or no portal. Some were animals either factual or mythical, realistic or made up entirely. And some were hybrids of both. A halfway point between human and animal. She was curious what the boy that was once a fox would look like in the dream world. But she was getting ahead of herself. First she had to find the address.

A few subway car changes and a couple of map checks later, she was there. A few minutes late but it was all alright. If he needed to call her then he had her number. But she raced up the stairs all the same, eager to meet this boy. She found the door easily enough and knocked with her knuckles a few times, waiting as she rolled her feet from heel to toe and toe to heel, swaying where she stood. As she heard the doorknob being turned, her eyes watched the little crack in the door and she beamed a delighted smile as she saw the tuft of red hair and a freckled face that she knew belonged to Theo.

"Hi there! I'm Riko, but you know that already. I'm real sorry for being a bit late but I'll make it up to you somehow. I'll let you dream a little longer than the session calls for - let you fight a dragon or swim in an ocean of jello or something," and she couldn't help but laugh at her own amused notion. Ever since someone asked her if they could do just that, swim in jello, she hadn't understood the desire but enjoyed it all the same. Odd but amazing. That was her view of it honestly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Sep 23 2013, 10:56 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

deep in my bones, straight from inside
i'm waking up to ash and dust i wipe my brow and i sweat my rust i'm breathing in the chemicals i'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus this is it, the apocalypse i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones enough to make my systems blow welcome to the new age, to the new age - - -

Sitting on the edge of the bed, the sun wasn't even up yet. Running a shaking hand through damp hair, a heavy exhale escaped from chapped lips. The air in the small room was stagnant, drier than it needed to be. Sheets were scattered to the floor. The lamp on the bedside table was shattered. A small hedgehog was hiding under a burrow of wood chips in it's pen.

They were happening again.

It all started back in July. Everything was suppose to be easy-going. A surprise from an eager blond. Ice cream with a good friend. Watching fireworks while wrapped up in a loved ones arms. Instead, there was Darkness. Screams. Panic. If it wasn't for the blond who was with him, Theo would have had a day terror in the middle of a make-shift riot.

Something had to give.

It was almost as if fate intervened. Only a mere few hours staring at a computer screen- but he had found it. At least, he had hoped he found it. A possible solution to ending the terrors that haunted him. The nightmares that kept him from sleeping. They turned into daymares, plaguing the small naps he would try to take. Eventually they just turned into full blown terrors. No matter where, or when- they would just happen.

He had once put his life in danger; skipped eating, sleeping, socializing. Nothing fit him anymore. Clothes were hanging off of him, there was even extra holes in his belts to help keep his pants up. His mental state left him in a sorry state.

Pacing the floor of his bedroom, Theo looked up at the full length mirror hanging off the back of his door. He looked a wreck. There was a vibration in his pocket, Chase. It had to be. Pulling his phone out, his fingers flew across the screen as he once again reassured his boyfriend- the one person he had right now to stay stable for, that everything was going to be alright. A simple white lie. That's all it was.

His appointment today was a last resort, before he decided that he needed to go to one of these human facilities. Riko- that was her name. She apparently specialized in things like this, and was more than willing to set up an appointment. She understood the trouble he was going through, and it almost felt like a weight was lifted from his shoulders.

Making sure Tobi was secured in his pen, he sighed heavily as he looked to the clock hanging from his wall. She was late. That was... depressing. Was it all just a lie? There was a lot of information he gave her; his past, his address, things he didn't want a complete stranger to know. But in a desperate act, he had let it all spill from his lips into the receiver of the phone.

As he was scrolling through the recent calls of his phone, there was a knock at his door. Exhaling, he let his phone rest on the table as he made his way to the door. Cautiously he opened it, half expecting the police- ready to take the crazy person off to the loony bin. Instead, he was greeted by a large smile attached to a smaller woman. Pulling the door open he offered her a small smile of his own, stepping out of her way to let her in.

"A-an ocean of.... jello? Why would...." He stared at her a minute with a confused expression upon his face before he shut the door behind her, locking it. She was small, yet she seemed to have a bundle full of optimism withing her small frame. "O-oh. Um, I'm Theo," he started, holding out his hand nervously. "B-but of course.... of course you already knew that." He laughed weakly as his other hand rubbed at the back of his neck.

Swallowing a bit of nerves that had started to surface, he licked at his lips before continuing. "It's alright. I was... just about to call you, actually." He gestured to the couch, offering her a seat. "Is there, uh- can I get you anything?" It couldn't hurt to offer, right? He really wasn't sure what to expect in this, dream walking? Is that was she called it over the phone?

Sighing softly, he ran a hand through his hair, pushing long strands from his face and finding a bit of comfort in the strawberry scent that followed. "So... um-how does this.... all work?

Riko // Outfit // 763 // He's so nervous :c

CREDIT TO JADE AT CAUTION

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Sep 25 2013, 07:07 AM
220 POSTS
5'3"
nefelibata (n.) lit. "cloud walker"; one who lives in the clouds of their own imagination or dreams, or one who does not obey the conventions of society, literature, or art
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

She was already pulling her laptop when she heard Theo shakily speak. Introducing himself and doubling back because they had already talked via e-mail. Introducing themselves that way. She heard his little laugh and looked up from her screen before setting it to the side and smiling over at him sweetly. He was a precious little thing and it worried her a little, like a tic rattling her insides, that he was facing whatever trouble he was with his dreams. She had seen some of the purest souls tainted with all manner of things in their mind. It was awful. She figured it was maybe just a fact of the world they lived in. That the innocent would suffer. But it didn't make it any easier. Especially when the freckled and glassy eyed Theo was a victim of that kind of cruelty. It just didn't seem right. It made Riko want to take out a pair of metaphorical boxing gloves and kick the ass of whatever was bothering him. But, once inside the dream, she could do a lot more. Help him as best she could.

"Get me anything? You're such a doll for asking," and she smiled, about to say nothing was needed at all - but then a sudden idea struck her, "Nothing right now, but if you put some coffee on now it'll totally be ready when we wake back up. And I'm a bit of a coffee junkie. It's likely in my veins instead of blood the way I drink it. But if you don't have any no worries m'dear - we, or just me, could just grab some from one of my local haunts. It's all good!"

But as she went back to the laptop and pulled up the interface for the Minis, she kept prattling on after he asked how this worked.

"Okay so. I have these lovely little things that I brought with me from over the other side of the portal," as she said this she looked over to him with one of those conspiratorial smiles, "I know you're from over there too because the notes from your sessions with Jena Burroughs were given to me to help you out and all that. So I have a gist of your case but all the same, it's a lot different being inside your head ya know?"

And now she had her laptop set up and she pulled out the two Minis that they were going to be using. Odd little contraptions that wrapped around the back of someone's head and fit snug enough while it picked up the brain waves and allowed the minds to connect - and, more to the point, allowed someone inside the dreamers mind. Her fingers were dialing at the little spot on the side where she linked up access codes and made sure it was working, and all the while she was talking.

"As for how it works - you put one of these Minis on that I'm activating now and it does all this scientific mumbo jumbo that essentially lets me walk around inside your mind. Well, not so much the mind, more the dreams it projects. In any case, I get to see these dreams of yours and we can work through them. Changing things and beating whatever horror is terrorizing you. Because, honestly, you're a total cutie little sweetheart of a fox and I don't like the idea of anything making your dreams unpleasant. I just met you but I already want to give whatever it is a bloody nose. No joke," and she laughed a little, smiling up at Theo before moving her attention now to her computer and making sure the two Minis were fully on, operational, and connected.

And the moment they indicated they were she set them on the table in front of her and got comfortable as she looked over to him, hoping he was more at ease now. But she knew how dreams were. They could spin you about and make you as paranoid and on edge than ever before. They could mix with your reality so much that it was scary. They could let memories haunt you like they were a parasite, getting worse each time you relived whatever it was. And they could just as easily find the root of all of your fears and send you jolting awake in a cold sweat just to get away from that terror. Reality feeling safe by comparison when the dream itself was only an echo of a fear. Riko understood all of this. And the sooner she dove into Theo's head the sooner she could stop whatever fiction, memory, fear, or combination of them all was plaguing him.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Oct 6 2013, 05:43 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

i'm waking up to ash and dust i wipe my brow and i sweat my rust i'm breathing in the chemicals i'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus this is it, the apocalypse i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones enough to make my systems blow welcome to the new age, to the new age - - -

She was quick in setting everything up. At least that's what Theo thought she was doing. Everything she picked up was foreign to him, and it made him more nervous than what he already was. Well- he did know about the laptop, the other objects, however- they could've been death-rays for all he knew.

Even though he was in his own home, a place that was suppose to be safe and act as a calming element for him, he felt out of place. The entire idea of having someone inside of his head was scary, especially if they got in the way of anything that could happen.

Offering to get her anything, he felt his cheeks flare up at her comment. He smiled weakly and turned his head a bit to avoid her gaze, rubbing awkwardly at the back of his neck. "I-I think I have some coffee... I... I gotta check though...." He never drank it, but when he over heard a conversation in the thrift store about how it was rude to not have some to offer to guest, he jumped on that tidbit of information like a small cricket he and Copper use to chase.

He would have taken her up on the offer of going somewhere, but if he had to sleep and invoke the nightmares that plagued him, he really wouldn't want to go anywhere afterwards. Unless she would be willing to walk him over to Chase's so he could curl up against the blond, because he was the only solid foundation in his life right now.

Curiosity overtook him and he asked how it would all work. Even though he read over and over again everything that she had sent him, he still wasn't completely sure about the entire process. But as she explained, she was showing the objects that would be used, and he could see with his eyes instead of trying to come up with something all on his own.

Her mention of Jena made his heart both sink and soar. It had been months since he had last seen her, and her office at the museum was empty. She wasn't answering her phones. He knew she said she would be going somewhere, he just didn't think she would have up and completely left. "Y-you know Ms. Jena? Is-is she okay? She isn't in trouble or anything?" It didn't matter that she had told this woman of Theo's past. That she had shared things with her. He just wanted to know she was alright.

His cheeks flared up again, hotter than before because she was just being far too sweet with her words. He gave a small nod, the process a bit clearer in his mind. "So it's sort of like Freddy Kruger. Except you're not trying to kill me..." He only watched Nightmare on Elm Street once, which was all he needed. He thought it would have been another cheesy horror movie, but instead didn't sleep for a week for fear of the man appearing in his dreams. That was the day he learned how to read reviews and the back of the cases the movies came in.

She had gone quiet, and Theo took it as the opportune moment to venture to the kitchen to start the coffee. Bitter stuff, coffee. Expensive, too. He had to buy the filters, the coffee pot. It was really more of a hassle to make it yourself than it was to pay for someone else to do it. But that was expensive too. The price of a cup of coffee at a coffee shop was almost the same as a smoothie. Crazy, this world was. Wrinkling his nose as he popped the top of the small can, he quickly put two scoops in the upper section before snapped the lip back on and tucking it in the cabinet once more.

After flipping the switch and pouring the water, he made his way back to the living room, the tip of his tongue sticking out as he tried to clear the strong scent from his nose. Reasons he never drank it. He paused though, when he saw her draped over his couch watching him. Even though she was smiling he had to look away for a minute. He would never understand why females looked at him like that.

Running a hand through his hair, he nodded a bit, more to encourage himself than anything else, as he looked back at her. "Alright. Coffee's started.. I... I'm gonna guess you have everything set up?" He swallowed back some nerves as he made his way to the coffee table that was holding all her things, squatting down to eye the devices that were suppose to go on his head before looking back up to her.

"Is there anything special I have to do before I put those on?"

Riko // Outfit // 820 // D:

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 11:45 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

The curiousness at the woman named Jena made Riko look up at him, sensing the bit of worry in his voice. She didn't know what to tell the poor fox. The woman was the person she went to if ever she had a case on an animated person that was once an animal. She normally didn't need the old files or any kind of council at all - most of the issues were universal even if there were some tricks about animal-to-human transition to try and figure out. But Theo had been helped not only with the transition of being an animal beforehand, Jena had apparently had therapy-like talks with him. Talks that helped him a little but now he was regressing back into those same things. Only worse. They were dreams like they were back then when he gave Jena the first report of the problem - only they seemed stronger.

"I think she's fine, yeah. I can give you her e-mail if you want. I just think she's working in another division of the city because her time here was like...compromised. Someone tried to get a file or something. After all that problem with the other agent of the Transition Center it's just not safe for those of us trying to help people that were once animated. Someone has it out for you kids and I guess she just left in a panic or something. Went off into hiding. But you seem trustworthy enough, I'll forward you her e-mail after all this session is over."

It was all a little crazy really. And it was a reason Riko usually worked alone. She had team members now and she called them in for jobs when she needed them. But working under someone and not being able to be her own boss was far more liberating. That and stuff like that whole stunt with Imogen disappearing and someone trying to get the files of the people that had seen her and had no home or family was just scary. And dangerous. Such a paper trail was hard to keep track of when you didn't file everything away on your own personal computer. It was tricky when you didn't make sure to keep it locked up and double and triple encrypt everything you stored away. Jena was fine. Hopefully Imogen was fine. All Riko knew was that she didn't want to be in their shoes.

At his summary of what it was they were going to be doing, she couldn't help but laugh only a little. Nightmare on Elm Street. One of her favorites. She would have to rent it this Halloween. Show Barron or Vera. Watch them balk at it. The laughter died down and she sighed, still smiling.

"Yeah. Killing you doesn't sound fun today.
I promise you I am only here to help. Scout's honor."

She set everything up and she could hear the churning and awakening of a coffee maker - a lovely sound. When he stood there looking down at the Minis and seemed worried about what as going to happen - she felt she needed to stand in order to be at eye level with him. She didn't have a smile on her face now, but she wasn't mad either. She was just being sincere. Real. And she set a hand on his shoulder as she looked directly at him. Gazing at him almost pleadingly with her eyes.

"The only special thing you have to do is relax. Remember to breathe. And trust me Theo...there is absolutely no need to be nervous okay? I'm totally here to help you. And the sooner you fall asleep the sooner we can figure all this out. Get you back on a good track ya know?"

And with that she leaned over, picked up a Mini, and fitted it to his head. Smiling and saying 'Perfect fit' before following suit and making sure they were both linked up on the screen of the laptop. She made herself cozy on the couch and she waited for him to get remotely sleepy before she would pop the pill that was nothing more than a sedative. The only way she could fall asleep at a moment's notice. Utterly necessary. But super quick. So she watched him, his Mini glowing against his cheek and her mind wondering if he was going to do what she suggested and trust her. That would make this whole trip a lot smoother. But it was asking a lot, she knew, to have him put his trust and faith into a complete stranger.

Still though - she hoped he would try.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Oct 28 2013, 11:48 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Looking around he knew where he was without even putting thought into it. Everything was pastel, but it wasn't the original pastel he was use to. It was dark, gloomy- threatening a horrendous downpour without a moments notice. Sighing heavily, he turned full circle to look around, noticing he was still human sized. At least for now. The forest clearing that lay to the left of him was more familiar to him than the ice cream aisle of the grocery store.

This was the same clearing Widow Tweed had left him at, on that dreadful night after his run-in with Chief and the train. A shiver ran through his being and he wrapped his arms around him as the loud scream of a train's horn sounded from a distance. Of all the places for him to be, why here? This was a delicate place for him, a place he didn't want people to know about. No one needed to know he was abandoned, that his owner had dropped him off here in an attempt to keep him safe. He swallowed back the urge to cry, and instead tried to focus on the task at hand.

He knew what he was doing here, which was the oddest thing of it all. Just moments ago he was standing in his living room talking to Riko, letting the relief of comfort wash over him when she assured him Ms. Jena was fine. He would be able to talk to her again.

They talked for a little while longer- about how the situation would work, what he needed to do. The smell of coffee was still faintly in his nose, now being overpowered by the strong scent of home. Everything in his dreams were more detailed. His sight was heightened, the scents around him were being sorted at a faster rate. He could even hear the breathing of the deer that was hiding just behind the clearing of trees.

When he was dreaming, he was at the height of his fox-like nature.

Biting the inside of his cheek, he wondered if Riko had made it. He was skeptical at first, wondering how those... Mini's, she said they were? He was wondering how they actually worked. How they were able to connect one person to another's dreams. The memory of his nose twitching when she pulled it over his head brought a small smile to his freckled face. He asked him to trust her, and while he was hesitant at first, just could hear Ms. Jena's voice in the back of his head. If Riko knew Ms. Jena, then he had no reason not to trust the woman.

Flexing his fingers, he looked around once more, in hopes the other woman was able to fall asleep. He had wanted her to be comfortable on the couch, so he made sure to give her a blanket and spare pillow he had, while he laid in bed. How it would work without them in the same room, he wasn't sure how it would work. But in the long run, it was easier for him to fall asleep on his own bed.

Apparently it didn't take too long. He was only running on a twenty minute nap for the last ten hours.

The sound of branches crunching behind him made him whirl around, his legs positioned in the proper stance for him to start running. Squinting his eyes, he stared in the direction of the sound, only to relax and let a nervous laugh slip past his lips as Riko made her way from the clearing. Straightening up, he ran a hand through his hair, and blinked a bit at the feeling of fox ears perched atop his head. Grinning he turned just enough to see the bright red-orange tail flicking behind him.

This was always a good start. He liked it when he was still human, but had his ears and tail.

Turning his attention back to the woman, he gave a sheepish shrug of his shoulders. "So.. do we just let it run like normal? Because I'm not sure which one this is..."

Riko // Outfit // 696 // He's so nervous :c

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Nov 5 2013, 01:00 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

The transition into the dreamworld was something Riko was always used to. So once she was sure she was in Theo's dreamscape, she kept her eyes sharp and her mind focused. She watched every little detail. The sky was somehow shifting pastel colors into something darker hued and muddy. Riko thought perhaps it was a happy memories, colors the Theo remembered, into something tainted. But what was tainting it all she wondered. What was keeping it darker instead of the lighthearted hues that Theo might have preferred? She looked around at the woods and everything seemed to be ominous and dreary. The woods were always a very big symbol in dreams, in life, in stories, everywhere. Woods were the unexpected, the wild, the place with no real sense of direction unless you knew your way. Unless there was a path. And Riko looked down to the ground and saw none. These woods were as much a symbol of confusion and lostness for Theo as they were for anyone else - and he had once lived and thrived in a wooded areas. She kept this thought in her mind as she looked ahead to see his red hair, walking over to him.

As she found her place a bit behind Theo, she heard a train sound in the distance. Looking over his shoulder to see a clearing that he seemed to be affecting him quite a bit. So Riko kept her distance for a moment or two. She watched Theo catch up to this whole lucid-dreaming thing. Being able to control his own dreams. Observe and manipulate every moment of it. It was sometimes a hard thing for a dreamer to realize. And she had sometimes taken control of everything and manipulated it for a dreamer just because sometimes a change was all they needed. But the downside to not allowing a dreamer change their own dreams was that they looked upon Riko like some kind of superhero. And she would always wince at that. Because they could very well be their own hero. She knew they could. It was just that they didn't know it.

When she started to walk again to finally make her way to his side, he heard the sticks cracking and took a defensive pose right away. Looked like he was fit to run and she noted that too. Defensive. Murky colors. A clearing amid the thick of the trees in the woods around them. The whole thing affecting him as much as it was. And now he was just as nervous as he was when he was in his own apartment. This boy needed to believe in himself more. Take command of his life a bit. So Riko walked right up to him and she looked past him to the clearing.

"You can let it run like normal or you can try and remember the dream. But did you just said you didn't know which one this was? As in you have multiple recurring nightmares and dreams?"

If that was so then Theo was going to have to compound all of the dreams he was having and put them all in one big mega-dream so that Riko could see them. Either one at a time or all at once. Each one was a piece of his psyche that was bothering him. Like little splinters in his mind that Riko was going to try and pull out. It would be tricky since there seemed to be multiple, but she was fit for the challenge. She zeroed her eyes in on Theo now, looking away from the clearing.

"Try and remember which one has this clearing. Does the train have anything to do with it? How is this clearing significant. Tell me. Show me. Manipulate the dream Theo. All you need to do is try and imagine something. Or remember something. Show me what this place is."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 08:45 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

He should have been accustomed to the way his mind worked when he went to sleep, but as it was every time he closed his eyes there was always something new waiting behind his closed lids. It was all the reason why he would spend so long avoiding sleep- they were never the same. One would end up being worse than the other. He would die in one. Or Copper would end up punished in another. The ones that really hurt the most when Chase was involved. He didn't want any harm to befall his boyfriend, but nine times out of ten anymore that was who got hurt when he went to sleep.

Slowly he nodded. He needed to take control. But how do you do that when you have more than one? It seemed to befuddle her as she stood there pondering how to go about it. Maybe this was something new for her. Had she ever come across someone who had multiple nightmares?

"Yeah- can never have the easy route, can I?" His statement was followed by a dry laugh. A weak attempt at humor.

Flexing his fingers he looked around, knowing all to well that this forest clearing would be completely alien to Riko. The point was made even clearer when she asked him to show her what this place was. Sighing heavily he turned his head a bit to look at her. "This was where I was left by Widow Tweed, my owner I guess you would call her...." Turning his head away he could see the hazed memory of him sitting in the middle of the road, watching with a confused expression as her car chugged away.

His eyes stung a bit as an invisible weight nestled upon his chest. Closing his eyes tightly, he tried to focus. Did he tell her everything about his past? Or should he actually try to combine all of his dreams? Was that even possible, putting all those scenarios together? They were technically the same, just in a different setting with a different form.

For the most part it usually started with the train. No matter where he was he could always hear the train: A constant reminder of what he caused.

Inhaling slowly, he thought about the last nightmare he had. The one that was so bad he was on the verge of killing himself. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see himself standing a ways ahead of him looking around with a look of terror on his face. It was like a knife in the chest: Was that really the way he looked? No wonder Chase called him a Princess.

"This is how they usually start: I'm in this clearing, with that God awful train reminding me what I did in the distance. Always reminding me. I'm usually panicking, fretting about what's going to get me."

Looking back at Riko, he felt how heavy his face felt. He had to look no better than the Theo that was up ahead. Lowering his gaze, the sound of Amos' voice hit his ears. That was usually what followed. At least it wasn't Copper's voice promising him that he wouldn't let him get away. The rough Southern accent shouted a threat to Theo, cursing him for what he did to Chief.

"Here we go, I guess."

No more than the words were out of his mouth, the Theo ahead of them took off. Inhaling deeply, he grabbed a hold of the girl's arm and followed after him. If she wanted to see what was going on, it did them no good to stand out in the clearing. Without much thought, he was following the path he traveled all to well as he went to keep up with himself. Deeper and deeper they ran, the vision of him just ahead, the sound of dogs barking and twigs breaking behind them, he almost slipped as he tried to stop before running out into the clearing. Thinking on his toes, he pulled Riko along with him and hid behind a tree. He wasn't sure it was necessary or not after they did it, but it was a force of habit for him.

Breathing heavily through his nose, he closed his eyes as Amos' words reached his ears. Painful words. Accusing words. Words that he relived every night he closed his eyes. It was only a matter of time before the sound of the shotgun going off would have him running again.

Riko // Outfit // 761 // I hope I gave you enough to work with Luv.

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Jan 5 2014, 08:54 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

Seeing the clearing and knowing that it was the place where Theo was left, it seemed to make perfect sense why the place stood out so readily in his mind. Riko looked at it and then understood that Theo must have, of course, felt quite alone. It seemed only plausible. He didn't have his fox mother or siblings or a pack of other foxes or anything in his memories at all. The only name of a potential-maternal figure was this 'widow Tweed' - and she had left him in this clearing it seemed. She thought there was a story behind that but she would worry about that later, the main point was that he was left alone. Somehow his fox family had left him and then his caring owner had left him as well. It was no easy matter for a person that needed that connection.

So often Riko had tried to tell herself that she needed nobody. That her clients were her company and that helping them was the main thing to focus on. But she adored her meimei Crikee. She enjoyed her time with Nate or even Harry. With Hollis, even as odd as he was. And Barron, he had become a comfort. Vera too. All of them. They were all people in her life that she liked having around and so the lone-wolf status that she would have liked to assume was slowly peeling away. Instead of a head full of only memories of dreams she had seen - she now saw faces of people she knew and loved. She replayed memories of times with them. And that was a welcome change even if it was something she was going to have to get used to.

"The train? Panic about what's going to get you?"

She was coming to realize that these were not so much figments of imagination more than they were warped memories. Twisted with fear and the isolation of being alone. They were rooted somewhere in his brain as moments that had come and gone, but still they were plaguing him. Riko supposed this was all thanks to the situation never being resolved. She had actually dealt with a lot of this with the Darkness as the key to most all of it. The Darkness had become this Rosetta Stone for deciphering all the hurt and trouble that seemed to germinate inside a person's mind.

The fear was what propelled Theo through the thick of the forest with Riko in tow. The guilt of whatever happened with the train and this 'Chief' person - that seemed like another little splinter in the mind of Theo. Family isolation. That was another one. Fear and panic at violence. Yet another one. It seemed this boy had led quite a traumatic life, all of the notes from Jena hadn't quite prepared Riko for this. And she didn't really understand how to smooth over actual memories too well. That was easy to manipulate in the dream-world. A simple snap of her fingers and anything could change in a dream. But that didn't help the fact of the matter: it was all real. It had all happened. And so the only way she was going to get him to realize that this was all avoidable was through a little manipulation of this dream and a steady foundation to talk upon.

That might just work.

So the closer this man got with his scratchy voice and horrid harassing words - Riko actually sank down low and looked through the brush into the direction where the man was. She saw his feet first and then looked up to where he was yapping away about hurting Theo. Degrading him with words about how he was just a measly fox and that he was good for nothing. Threats of death left and right. Riko looked to the ground and imagined a gun there. Was the proper tactic to let Theo take charge himself? Hand him the gun? Let him defend himself? Or would that only shake him up more?

She did something else and when the voice got closer, about to turn and find them - she snapped her fingers. The world froze. Birds overhead stopped in mid-flight. The man with his shotgun halted in mid-step. His mouth wide open saying something else. Paused before the syllable could leave his lips. And the wind no longer in the trees. The whole world was still. Not even a ripple. And that was when Riko stood and she turned to Theo.

"You control this dreamscape. The same way you control the reality you live in now that is far far away from these memories. You don't have to be afraid Theo. Look," and she nodded over to the frozen man that was completely harmless now. Maybe if Theo tried to understand that he was the one calling the shots now then all of this would pale and wander back into the recesses of his mind. And stay there. Hopefully.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Feb 18 2014, 12:53 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

The longer he was watching himself, the more he began to doubt everything about him. His motions were cowardly, weak. How could anyone find that attractive, let alone someone like Chase? It made his stomach turn when he got a glimpse of himself as he turned to make sure no one was there. Did he really get at pale when he was scared? Closing his eyes as he led the both of the through the familiar forest, he couldn't stand himself in that moment.

"But you're trying to make it better." A voice echoed in his head. A strange combination of those he cared about. Snapping his eyes open, he knew they were right. If he was coward, he wouldn't have reached out for help. Wouldn't have told the person who stole his heart that he was flawed. No, that wasn't cowardly. That was taking charge, something that was all to new to him. Too often he let things go and repeat themselves, content to have a boring routine to fall back on.

Riko's question still echoed in his mind, as he thought of how to explain it to her. That was pushed from his forethought as Amos made his appearance, and with his back pressed against the tree he waited for the route it would take. Was he going to be shot, or was he going to run again from the warning shot?

But nothing happened.

Blinking in confusion, he turned to see Riko speaking from her hiding spot behind the bush. His face was contorted to that of confused and silently he looked at her with questioning eyes. As she nodded towards the clearing, he couldn't help but look too. Amos was frozen in place, and the frozen expression made Theo choke on a laugh. He looked so ridiculous, was that what the man really looked like and he was just too frightened to actually get a proper look? A memory of when he was but a kit seemed to sprout overhead: a concerned hound pup warning his friend about the dangers that were awaiting him if he kept coming over. An overconfident kit fluffing out his chest and assuring his friend that he'd be more than alright. It brought a small smile to his lips as he looked back to Riko. "I guess there was a time I was confident."

Taking a step from behind the tree, he walked up to the man and inspected him closer. He looked mean, and his voice was surely mean, but when he wasn't doing anything but stuck frozen in place- finally quiet, he just seemed like an old man who led a rough life. His shoulders fell as he sighed quietly, taking a step back to go look at himself only to feel something at his foot. Inhaling sharply his eyes blew out wide as he stared down at the gun. Quickly he turned his head to Riko, wondering why she would do something like that.

"... what's going to get you?"

Her question came back, demanding an answer now. Kneeling down, he hesitantly reached for the rifle that innocently laid before him. Wrapping his fingers around the cool metal he stayed there for a moment as he actually felt the object he feared. That's all it was. An object. Slowly he stood, holding the gun with both hands as he looked at Riko. "It's weird, finally getting a look at the things that haunt you nightly. There's really nothing to it... but when you put it into someone's hands who's full of hate," he paused and looked at Amos before continuing, "it becomes something that can hurt.

Closing his eyes he thought hard, making the gun disappear before slowly opening his eyes. "I'd be no better than him if I used it. Besides, I've already hurt more than enough of Copper's family than I need to. Dream or not."

The screaming whistle of the train called out to him again and he turned in the direction if was loudest. "I wasn't trying to hurt anybody. Honest. I just wanted to see my friend again." Guilt rippled through his voice as his arms came to wrap around him. Looking up to Riko, his voice was meek as he continued. "The train was what changed everything for us. They both chased me, Amos and Chief. Copper followed, but.... he tried to let me go. Lied to his master about finding me. But Chief... he... he just wouldn't stop." Finally he grew silent and just hugged himself as he slowly shook his head.

Riko // Outfit // 771 // I hope it doesn't suck x.x

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Apr 30 2014, 09:19 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

When she saw Theo move from the hiding spot he was in, she felt pride in watching him understand that he was alright to move freely in this space. A person that caught on to the fact that they could move within their own dreams freed to so as they pleased - they were the ones that could be helped. It was the people that still cowered no matter what - those were the ones that made Riko frown to herself. She was always one to help people but she wanted them desperately to understand that they could help themselves. And so when Theo reached for the gun she held her breath. She wanted him to understand and not retaliate. Retaliation and fighting fire with fire in a situation like this could only end poorly.

"It's weird, finally getting a look at the things that haunt you nightly. There's really nothing to it..."

She felt herself smiling as she looked at her patient. He did understand. She felt it in her bones that he would be alright soon enough. Maybe a few more sessions and her teaching to manipulate the dream himself and then he would be fine. Right as rain. Yes. He wasn't some lost cause and he wasn't going to be a victim all this life. He wasn't going to be some beast of a warrior or a person that placed the 'fight' over 'flight' alternative in each and every case. But she now knew that Theo understood the difference, and that he didn't have to run from everything. Again - she would keep an eye on him and she cared for him. But she knew in her heart of hearts that he had a good head on his shoulders.

"That's true Theo. It's just an object. And in here it's an object that you can manipulate. Go ahead and try. Try changing it to something positive. Morph it in your hands to anything you wish."

It was a simple exercise. Soon enough, once he perfected this, he could change whole landscapes. Shift time. People. Even create worlds. He would be a master of his own dreams and that was the real trick to everything - even living daily life. Knowing that the element of control was in your hands. From something a bit complex like lucid dreaming you could master something almost unfeasible like determining the outcome of your day if only you understood the basic lesson.

You controlled your own existence.

But then Theo touched on the one thing that wasn't always under control. Those in your life that would seek out and hurt you. Riko thought idly of those in her past that had hurt her. Even Barron, someone she had come to thought she actually loved had left her quite hurt. And she had reacted poorly - she would knowingly admit that. But it was all just a matter of needing time and distance away from the situation. She still didn't completely understand everything that had happened and nor did she think she would ever wholly understand the woman that had taken over her place with such ferocity that it paled every single moment she had Barron had shard. She honestly didn't feel like she wanted to know. She would just carry the wound of a burden and keep her memories of Barron. And try as she might...she would never be able to dim them in her mind like he had in his own. She just wasn't wired that way. She knew she might always care for him, even if it was folly and he wouldn't even give her a second thought.

And it was always people that would shake the core of a person. People and the memories of these people. So Riko took a good long look at this man that had been holding the gun. And she let Theo explain the whole of the situation. She took a deep breath, thinking of her own memories and feeling her own mind trying to press the memories of Barron into this dream of Theo's. She did a good job and held them back. But still the waft of Barron's cologne came drifting into the dreamscape. She focused on Theo and controlled her thoughts. Zeroing in on him and his dream. She was, after all, here for him. Her memories with such things were linked to his own, mirrored in his issues. She could relate if nothing else. So she spoke evenly and plainly.

"Like you said - you weren't intending on hurting anyone. That counts for much more than you likely understand. The heart of a person is seen in their actions. In their intentions. And you not meaning to hurt or hate while this Chief person was only guided by malice and the need to cause pain? That speaks volumes about the kind of person you are and, in turn, how opposite and malicious Chief is and was. That's not to say that Chief is beyond help or that he wasn't likely forced to think all of these things by the life he led. We are all products of our experience and our actions. But...the point is Theo-"

And she stepped up closer to him and touched the metal of the gun in his hands, wanting him very much to shift it to something else just so he understood that he could. That he could turn something even as horrible as all of this into something positive if only he tried.

"-You don't have to let this stain you. You cannot carry it like a wound. You have to let it heal. And that healing starts with a change. So...change it. Change anything at all in this memory and disrupt the pattern so that this dream is no longer recurring but it's something touched by you and you alone."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: May 18 2014, 04:29 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

He could hear the confidence radiating in her voice. Had it been that long since he'd heard someone praising him for his decisions? It was like he was with Willow Tweed all over again. The only thing missing was a good scratch between his ears and a pat on his head. She was assuring him that it was only an object. That he was able to control everything that was surrounding him.

She was right. There was no reason for him to let this dream rule his life over and over. A lot had happened to him. In his past and in his current state. But he needed to keep his head high. Just like he use to. Like that afternoon he wiggled out through the cracked window to see his best friend leaving. His hopes were high as he told Big Mama that they were best friends. That Copper would never do something as cold as she was saying.

He was such a different fox back then.

The whistle of the train flashed painful memories before his eyes, and as he wrapped his arms around him, her voice came up beside him. Turning dark blue eyes in her direction, he could only nod silently. She thought he was a good person. That even though he wasn't the same fox as he once was, it wouldn't be hard for him to grasp how he once was.

"You're right. Copper is nothing like Chief, but he can hunt better than any dog I know." Glancing at the man before him, he furrowed his brows. "But this man. Amos. He changed him, made him into what he is. At least, I hope that's the case. I-I haven't seen him in so long." He sighed silently as his arms fell at his side. Would he be able to change it? To change the feelings he felt from the past?

Reaching out, he placed his fingertips upon the gun that rested in Amos' grasp. Change it. The words read through his mind as he thought hard. Find something. Make it better. his mind traveled to Chase. To the smug look he'd wear on his face when he caught Theo staring at him. Thought about the feeling that would warm his face as the blond would wrap his arms around him. Cracking his eyes open, he looked at what he thought was still the rifle, only to blink rapidly at the small charm that was resting in the older man's hands. "It's..." Wrapping his fingers around the bone, he smiled down at the antler Chase had wrapped in wire for him.

"I can't let it effect me anymore. I... I have someone. No. I have plenty of people to help me. They need me to be strong. I need me to be strong." Gently running his thumb along the cool wire, he turned to look at the woman beside him. "It's always gonna hurt, isn't it? But... but I don't have to be scared anymore. I-I have to be prepared to face whatever comes my way."

Riko // Outfit // 516 // It's slowly clicking

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
riko eto minamuto
 Posted: Aug 3 2014, 09:18 PM
220 POSTS
5'3"
single
bisexual
paprika / chiba

Riko watched it finally starting to click in Theo's mind and she was all too pleased. She felt her lip curl into a smile as he actually stepped to where the gun was and he seemed to contemplate the ideas that were stirring and taking root in his brain. That was always the hardest part: hoping that the dreamer would understand. It was all well and good to explain the dynamics of the dream world - Riko had that world understood like the back of her hand. But the real trick was connecting the dots from this dreamscape into reality. Trying to explain to the dreamer that not only did they have control of every aspect within their minds - but that reality could be just as easily handled. All it took was a bit of determination and strength of will.

That wasn't to say that you could control everything, Riko had many times in her life where avoiding everything completely was considered the absolute best option. Controlling other people was impossible. The only element of control a person had was the way they perceived the world, the way they walked through that world, and the ideas they kept rattling around in the mind. Riko knew all the ideas that could bounce around inside someone's cranium. That was kinda her job. And she could try and tell people new paths, tell him how a way of thinking was blocking them from personal happiness, or just give them a new way of seeing the path they were already on. Sometimes it was a simple therapist seeing the world through the dreamer's eyes and a sit down talk. Sometimes it was that simple. But for a dreamer like Theo there needed to be a bit of visual stimulus so that everything truly and honestly melded together.

And the moment that she saw the gun change into something else entirely, she grinned from ear to ear in pure Paprika happiness before letting the wattage on the smile die down until it was a very Chiba-esque smile and she nodded towards him - full of respect. He was truly and exceptional young man. Both sides of her seemed to agree on that particular point. And Riko? The melding of them both? She vocalized it with more than just a simple smile.

"Perfection. You got it kid."

"I can't let it effect me anymore. I... I have someone. No. I have plenty of people to help me. They need me to be strong. I need me to be strong."

She couldn't help but keep the smile on her lips and her eyes caught the thing in his hand. No doubt something special to him. Tied to a person or place or memory in particular, she didn't know. He was doing a great job of not letting it leak into the dreamworld around them. It was all firmly rooted in that one object. It was honestly enough just knowing that he had people around him that cared for him. Hell, she might have just been a crazy coffee-loving dream therapist but she was quite full of love for the little furball. She adored him and all of his purity and light and bright eyes looking at the world for all it had to offer. And now, atop it all, he was quite brilliant. She could see the cogs and wheels turning in his mind as he grasped the lesson she was trying to teach him with such firm and steady hands - it seemed like he knew this all along.

"It's always gonna hurt, isn't it? But... but I don't have to be scared anymore. I-I have to be prepared to face whatever comes my way."

With a nod she couldn't think of a better way to word it. He had it. To a T. And it was strikingly true and perfectly personal. Just how many times had Riko been thrown a curve-ball in life herself and she just had to keep those close to her in her heart and move through times on her own from time to time. It took inner strength more often than not, but she had gathered a few people along the way that she cared for too. And Theo would be all the stronger for it, learning that now would make it all the better for the little fox.

"Sometime's it'll hurt like hell. But you're right, you don't gotta be scared. You have people that are invested in your well being and you got a pretty golden soul," she smiled at him and gave his shoulder a good grip as she looked at him with kind eyes the same color as dark coffee.

"You're totally prepared for whatever comes your way. I have no doubt on this good green earth.
You can do it."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 18 2015, 06:43 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Standing there staring at the man who had completely changed his life, he felt the emotions inside of him swirl like melting Cool Whip upon a hot cup of cocoa. A mixture of hot, sadness, confusion, but most importantly, peace. The antler in his hand pulsed with a sudden urge of warmth, and it brought a smile to his face, knowing perfectly well that no matter what the path before him had laid out, he would be able to take it; one step at a time with his boyfriend right at his side. Did it matter that when, or even if, he ever ran across Amos or Chief again, that he'd have to run for his life? Oddly enough, no. It was just the way things were. How the man before him was brought up. Theo just knew that he'd have to be faster. Sharper than the bullet that could easily pierce through him.

The smile on his face softened at Riko's warm words, causing the familiar sensation of a phantom tail- now no longer phantom, to wag back and forth. Maybe now, he would be able to focus more clearly on what was before him. To keep his blue eyes on the life he was slowly building with Chase. He would always have a past, one that was riddled with pain and darkness, but that's all it was: the past. He had learned from it. Faced it head on and realized that everything would be alright.

Turning his attention to the woman who's hand rested upon his shoulder, the fur ears upon his head twitched as he held the antler to his chest. Her words were encouraging. Reassuring. Nodding slowly, he looked down at the trinket in his hand. "Just because the past hurts, doesn't mean I can't make the present, and even the future, mend the wounds, right?" Pausing to look up at the woman beside him, he could see the outline of her growing fuzzy.

Blinking in slight confusion, he turned to watch the world around him start to melt. A tingling sensation overcame him, and quickly he found everything growing dark. In a sudden rush of panic, he reached out with his hand towards the woman that was once standing there smiling at him.

"Riko!" The words were lost to the darkness as he tossed about in bed, his heart racing with the sensation of falling overcoming him. Jolting upright, his eyes snapped open as his hands came to clutch the sheets beneath him. Slowly blinking in the familiar room, he felt his cheeks warm with the oncoming blush as he looked down at the object prodding his hand. Opening his palm, a quiet laugh started to slip past his lips at the antler charm Chase had made him made it's presence known. He was asleep. In a dream session with Riko, and he had finally cracked the code to helping his mind come to terms with the past. Smiling, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed as the strong scent of coffee reached his nose. Maybe Ms. Riko was awake now, too.

Pushing himself from the bed, he quietly padded his way towards the kitchen, careful to mind the Mini that was still residing on his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Ms. Riko, are you awake too?"

Riko // Outfit // 563 // We did a thing!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.