Add Reply
New Poll

Rainy Days {and} M.O.N.D.A.Y.S, Mirela//Sam
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Oct 6 2013, 04:34 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

rain, i don't mind shine, the weather's fine
if the rain comes they run and hide their heads they might as well be dead Ii the rain comes when the sun shines they slip into the shade And drink their lemonade when the sun shines i can show you that when it starts to rain everything's the same i can show you, i can show you - - -

Running the brush through a German Shepherd's coat, he listened to the sound of rain pelting against the roof of the shelter. It was one of those days where it would rain real heavy for a whole of ten minutes, then the sun would peek back out to start drying everything that was dampened by the rain. It was rather soothing for the ginger, after the events of the Block Party. Not to mention, it would keep the animals quiet and there were off chances that stranded New Yorkers would take shelter inside-- which meant he could attempt to sweet talk them into considering adoption.

Adoption rates had gone up these past couple months, and Theo gave Chase all the credit. Not only had the blond bragged to everyone and anyone who would care to listen about the amazing animal shelter his boyfriend worked at, he had also given Theo the confidence boost he needed to actively address potential owners. There was also the fact that Maren had all but stopped coming in, leaving Theo to practically fend for himself- but he wasn't mad at her. Just worried to the point his reoccurring dreams kept pointing out to him.

Scratching the shepherd between the ears, Theo led him to his kennel and checked his phone- nothing. It was almost one in the afternoon and Chase still hadn't gotten out of bed. A small chuckled bubbled through his lips as he thought about the amount of time that boy spent sleeping on his days off when Theo had to work. He couldn't blame him half the time though, seeing as Chase had the most comfortable bed in all of existence. Just as he was about to start pulling the food bowls from the cages that lined the walls, the rain grew heavier and there was the sound of the bell hanging over the door jingling.

Smirking to himself and an Irish Settler who looked up at him, he silently thanked the rain.

Making his way towards the front of the building, he grabbed a towel from the stack that was set off for customers only. While it wouldn't completely dry them off, it was better than running around with completely wet hair or make-up running down their face. Before turning the corner to the main entrance, he called out to the person just on the other side of the walls: "Raining like cats and dogs out there, isn't it?" He chuckled to himself at his well placed pun before mentally blaming Chase.

When he finally turned the corner he stopped in his place, looking at a sopping wet friend of his. Mirela. The sight of her hair flattened against her head and the look upon her face as she looked down at herself made him press a hand to his mouth to keep from openly laughing. The poor thing looked a mess.

Trying his hardest to keep from offending his friend, he held out the towel for her. He could feel the corners of his mouth tugging violently, threatening to reveal the amusement that she had caused. He didn't want to be rude, but it was just of all the people to have been stuck out in the rain.

Biting the inside of his cheek, he swallowed what was going to be a loud laugh before he started speaking. "I-I'll go ge-get more towels, and maybe a hairdryer, i-if you wa-want?" A snicker slipped past his lips and his hand quickly came up to cover his mouth once again, his shoulders starting to shake from holding it all back.

Mirela // Outfit // 604 // I'm so sorry Mirela!

CREDIT TO JADE AT CAUTION

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Oct 28 2013, 05:50 AM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

raindrops keep fallin' on my head

Normally she didn't mind the rain. She liked curling up in her home with the tv on real low, listening to it. Sometimes she'd even go out and dance in it if she was feeling brave enough. Of course the difference between then and now was that she actively went looking to be in the rain. It was a whole different mess when the rain storm caught you off guard. One minute it had been all sunny and warm, the next she was standing under a heavy shower that stuck her hair to her face and made her glad she'd opted not to wear any eye make-up today. Thankfully she was already almost at her destination, and couldn't help but find it a little ironic that she'd be using the animal shelter as actual shelter from the rain. Maybe she should turn into a bat and make it even more fitting. It probably said something that the only reason she told herself that was a bad idea was because she'd probably get her fur wet. Priorities right?

There was real relief when she saw the building in front of her finally. Though a part of her just wanted to go home and take a hot shower and maybe curl up under some blankets, she'd already made it this far. She'd promised herself she'd come see Theo and puppies today, and really the storm would probably pass before she even got home so, it wasn't like she'd get to really and enjoy it the way she'd like.

Yanking the door open she ducked quickly inside. There was a sigh of relief as she stood there a moment assessing the damage. Her clothes clung to her and her hair was stuck to her face, neck, and shoulders. She was dripping all over the place and tried to stay on the little welcome mat, not sure if it'd be alright to leave a trail of rainwater all the way into the room. There was no one at the front just then, but a familiar voice from in back told her that at least Theo was here. Good, she'd hate to have to leave because he'd decided to stay home or something, or she'd gotten the day he works wrong.

Stifling a giggle at his words, she glanced up as he came into view. She couldn't even imagine what she must look like. Though one time she had gotten caught in a rainstorm when she'd been flying around the hotel. Dad had found this little lump of wet fur curled up under blankets, and she imagined she didn't look any different. Dracula had certainly gotten a laugh out of it, and she could see that Theo was too.

"Oh just let it out. If I had a mirror I'd probably laugh too." Her voice sounded serious but her face had broken out into that wide smile. She took the towel from him gratefully. Running it over her face to dry that first, and hoping what little make up she was wearing didn't smear or stain. Thankfully she hadn't wasted any time styling her hair, so once she finished her face she just put the towel on her head and vigorously moved her hands to towel dry it. She wished drying the rest of her would be as easy. Peeking out from under the towel she smiled "Thank you."

"Now if you're done having a giggle fit, I think a blowdryer would be great. Maybe another towel...if you have one to spare." Then because she could she shook herself a little in his direction, hopefully getting drops on him. "Oops..." she smirked.

solar/theo | words | outfit | notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Nov 8 2013, 11:45 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

if the rain comes they run and hide their heads they might as well be dead Ii the rain comes when the sun shines they slip into the shade And drink their lemonade when the sun shines i can show you that when it starts to rain everything's the same i can show you, i can show you - - -

Holding the towel out, he knew it was rude to laugh at her misfortune. But it was just too good a sight to see. Normally she seemed so in place that sometimes he wondered if she wasn't a living doll. So seeing his friend dripping water onto the large mat they kept at the front door for reasons like this. He could feel his cheeks tightening up, and knew it was only a matter of time before he lost all control of it.

Biting the inside of his cheek, he pressed his free hand to his mouth again as she took the towel. She tried so hard to be serious, but just like any other time that overly large smile ruined her attempt. "If you really want a mirror I can go grab one from the back." Chuckling as he watched her dry off, he casually crossed his arms over his chest. He really shouldn't have laughed, she did venture all the way out here to seem him, but sometimes it was hard to stop yourself.

Nodding his head with her thanks, he couldn't hide the smirk from his face. "It's not a problem. There's more in the back if you need 'em." He also offered the use of a blow dryer, knowing it would get things dried a lot faster. At least if her hair was dry she had better chances of not getting sick.

It was an odd thing to him sometimes, people who fussed about getting wet. They were just clothes, and rain is just water. You wash yourself, your clothes, even your dishes in it. So why was it so bad if you got wet from the rain? If you didn't want that, why didn't you make more of an effort to listen to the weather channel, or walk around in a poncho or whatever those bags were called. It wasn't like you had fur. You could take wet clothes off and change into something warmer, dryer. With fur you were stuck shivering under a dry clearing, shaking yourself off every few minutes- praying that the sun would come out so you could shake off under it's rays.

Grinning again, he pointed his thumb behind him to the hallway towards the back, about to let her know it wasn't a problem when she shook herself. It was unexpected and he flinched from the sudden coldness, running his hand over the wet spots on his arm. "Hey now! Just because I laughed when you said I could doesn't mean I deserve to get wet too." When she said "oops" he wrinkled his nose playfully at her and stuck his tongue out. "Sure ya are. Just like Chase is sorry when he startles me shirtless." Tease.

"If you're done shaking about, hairdryers are in the back. C'mon, I'll show ya." Turning on his heel, he started to make his way towards the dryer part of the shelter. Turning his head a bit, he called over his shoulder. "How've you been anyways?"

Mirela // Outfit // 507 // I'm so sorry Mirela!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 07:11 PM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

Rain and water everywhere. Certainly made her glad she didn't really feel any cold, or that she couldn't get sick. The last thing she needed was to come home with a cold. Crinkling her nose, "As much as I'd love to see what I look like right now, I think I'll skip out on the mirror. You're face is telling me enough." She giggled and ducked back under the towel, working to her hands to dry it a little more.

After another minute or so she took the towel down and shook out her hair, probably wetting him even more in the process. Still a little damp, but her hair never really gave her problems when she towel dried it and she didn't see why it'd start now. Maybe the blowdryer would hold off any major hair emergencies. Her clothes were another matter entirely. She could handle being in wet clothes no problem, her worry was trailing all that water into the shelter. She couldn't stand on the mat forever, she'd come to see puppies not the front desk. Though she'd also come to see Theo and she'd managed that, so one out of two wasn't so bad. "Do you think more towels will help dry my clothes off a little?" Her smile faltered for a moment, expression evening out "I'd hate to drip all over the floor or something. Make you have to clean it all up."

He didn't really seem to mind though and if anything she'd help clean up later herself. "Of course it does. " A smirk, head tilting up smugly "I'm a girl, just because I say you can doesn't mean you actually can." she rolled her eyes "Or something like that."

Leaning forward she couldn't help the little giggle that came out when he mentioned Chase. "Oh, does he now? We're sorry, deep deep deeeep down. I'm sure." A smirk. She kept picturing them together and it was the cutest thing, every time she learned something new only seemed to make that all worse. It was a special kind of joy that came from knowing your friend was happy. It filled you up completely and felt good, she liked that feeling, she cultivated that feeling as best as she could.

Drying her feet on the mat before she stepped after him, she patted absently at her dress with the damp towel. Trying to absorb some of the excess water and knowing it probably wasn't doing any good. Looking up at his question she shrugged, even if he couldn't really see. "I've been alright. School, finally got myself a good camera. So I'm taking more pictures now. I mean to bring it today to take pictures of the animals" She'd latched onto photography almost the moment she'd come through the portal. It was soothing, a way to save a moment in time. Her pictures were how she saw the world and they were slowly covering every inch of her walls. "Other then that it's been kind of boring, which is good I guess." She smiled "How about you? How have you been?" She tilted her head a bit.

solar/theo | 632 | outfit | notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Dec 13 2013, 12:23 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

He couldn't help but laugh at her comment. Even though he knew he was being rude, it was hard to keep the smile from his face, but Mirela had a sense of humor which was made evident when she giggled and went back to attempting to dry her hair. It wasn't as if he were doing it out of spite, it was just in jest. He actually felt bad that she got caught in the sudden downpour on her way over. While he felt that getting wet didn't matter (at least in this world where he wasn't completely covered in fur), it always put a damper on ones mood when it came about suddenly. Inspecting the lone dress Mirela was wearing, it looked like she was unprepared for the rain.

"You would be amazed what some fresh, clean towels can do for one caught in the rain. At least you'll be drier than you started. And honestly, it's just water. Nothing the floor hasn't had before. It'll just be easier to clean." Considering the things he would sometimes have to clean up, water was like a present to him.

The laugh that followed his accusations when she shook out on him earned him a smirk and rolled eyes, and he couldn't help but make a face at her as he rubbed the water droplets from his arms. It was playfulness like this that made him adore social interaction with those he chose to call his friends. Even if she teased him about how she and Chase were probably sorry. "I can bet you Chase isn't sorry. That shit-eating grin he wears after successfully getting a reaction out of me speaks more than him just acting innocent." He knew so much better than that.

Making his way towards the back of the building, to the area they usually washed their animals, he casually asked how she was doing. A smile crept along his face at her mentioning of a new camera. He knew her to always be with a camera, and he was pleased to know she had spoiled herself a bit and got a new one. Standing off to the side he held the door open for her as they made their way back. "Boring isn't always a bad thing. Boring can be good." A shrug followed as she asked the questioning back. "Same dance different day I suppose. Between work and staying with Chase, it's been about as normal as can be."

She didn't need to know. His reoccurring nightmares weren't her problem. It was bad enough he had let Chase in on them, but after that conversation the first time, and Chase scolding him the one night he texted him at three in the morning- there really wasn't much room for Theo to wiggle out of it. How could he tell her that after their departure on the fourth his reunion with Chase had been almost ruined by the blackout? That he had a day terror right there holding onto Chase's hand? She didn't need to know that. She was too sweet for it. So instead, he gave her a smile and a simpler answer. A pain free answer.

Following behind her, he pointed to the far wall where the grooming tables were. "Blow dryers are over there. Just flip the switch and they'll turn on. Though be careful, they're pretty powerful. They are used for dogs with thick fur, but at least you'll be drier faster." Walking over to the supply closet, he rummaged through before he pulled out an unopened package with a brush in it. "I can get you a brush too, don't worry it hasn't been used either. And I figured after you got dried off I would release the puppies. They'll help dry you off." He followed it with a laugh, imagining Mirela being overran by a swarm of overly furry puppies. She never minded it, and it was really good for the young things to be acquainted with humans at an early age.

"Just so you have a reason to not take forever getting ready.," he teased with a wink as he leaned against the edge of the sink with his arms crossed over his chest, the brush still in hand. He knew how girls "took forever," and it was just a playful jab at his friend. No harm no foul, right?

Mirela // Outfit // 735 // He's a happy Fox!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 07:22 AM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

She was really glad water didn't bother he as much as it could have. She'd seen and read a few things about vampires in this world and it looked like water was a big no-no for most of them. She could just imagine getting stuck somewhere because a running stream of water compelled her to stay away, or some silly thing like that. Most of all she was glad that she didn't have to worry about sunlight here like she did back home. She still preferred the night time, and she didn't really need to sleep, but there really wasn't anything that could compare to the first time she'd felt the sun on her skin. Thinking about it now made her kind of wish it wasn't raining, or at least for it to have cleared enough for the sun to come back. She would have loved to have let the warmth of those rays dry her.

In any case she was thankful for the help he offered even if it came with a bit of teasing. Pulling the towel from her head she was still smiling as she listened to him talk, enjoying the little tidbits of information she got and wondering at the moments when it felt like he was hiding something. She didn't want to pry, he was her friend, and she was sure if he wanted to tell her something he would. It just didn't change the fact that she was curious. "Well that's good. I'm glad things are going so well for you two" A soft, hopefully reassuring smile. She half wondered if there'd be a time when she wouldn't mind sharing her secrets and he wouldn't mind sharing his. "I was worried about you after that..well you know..." The blackout hadn't been terribly bad for her, she'd met two rather nice girls and got to use her nightvision to help people. Honestly she'd hoped that they'd been okay together, but something about the way he was now made her wonder.

Of course maybe she was just being silly. He looked and sounded like he was fine, and she was still so new at reading people. She couldn't really trust her instincts just yet. The thought chased away any lurking shadows in her mind; purely meant to cheer herself up, she was just glad it had worked.

She looked like she would have skipped to the blow dryers if she was a little more sure of her footing in her wet shoes. Giving the appliances a somewhat disdainful look, she glanced up and pouted. "My hair is going to be impossible after this, I can tell." Her hair was naturally straight back home, and leaned towards wavy in this world not to mention supernaturally prone to being nearly perfect at all times, but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of having a bad hair day. Put your hair through enough torment and anything was possible really. Picking up one of the machines somewhat gingerly, at least this was mostly to help with her clothes. A quick pass through her hair shouldn't do too much damage...

Of course the mention of puppies made things about ten thousand percent better. Her whole face lit up and she was already starting to bounce up and down on her heels. It took all she had to keep from squealing at the thought.

"Ugh, you know my weakness. Shame on you, if I come out looking like I've let Mrs. Frankenstein style my hair it's your fault. And don't you dare laugh." Aunt Eunice had tried more than once, but Mirela didn't want to dwell on the sad memories so she clung to the happier ones. She missed her monster family more and more each day, but she was beginning to doubt if she had the strength to let herself forget about them completely. No matter how much thinking about all of them hurt her heart.

Turning the blower on she jumped at the loud sound and held it far away from her like it was going to attack. A blast of hot air hit her face, and as welcome as it was, the power of it had caught her off guard. "Holy Rabies, you weren't kidding about these things." She angled it away from her face, towards her hair, only keeping it there for a few minutes before shifting her attention to her clothes, one hand holding her dress out a bit to help cover more area.

"Just a little....than puppies..." She reminded herself, as she quickly dried and shut the machine off again in near record time.(she can be fast when she wants to be after all) An expectant look in his direction, hand shooting out for the brush "Gimme."

solar/theo | 632 | outfit | notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 02:00 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Smiling softly as she complimented his and Chase's relationship, he looked down at the ground. He could tell she was worried about him, he could smell the faint change of her aura around her as he waited for her to follow him. Things were going great between them and that was what scared him a bit. The last time something had gone this good for him, it ended up with his one and only best friend vowing revenge on him.

Flicking his eyes back up at her, he felt his heart skip a bit. She was out in the blackout too, wasn't she? Memories of how he had frozen in public with Chase's hand in his flashed across his mind and turned his head. "Yeah, she whispered gently. He didn't like to think about it, because it hurt him more than anyone could really know. It made him doubt himself every time he laid down to sleep, right before his eyelids closed he would pray hard every night that he wouldn't have to endure something like that ever again- at least not in front of Chase. The chill that haunted him from the concerned expression in the blond's face made his heart ache. To keep her from worrying he turned and nodded towards the back.

"You'll be dryer back here."

Chuckling quietly as he pushed the depressed feeling from the back of his mind, he could only give her a small shrug. "I can't really control how the equipment works, or how you use it. But I can offer you a brush, which again falls into how well you can use the stuff." Pulling the unopened brush, he started messing with the plastic as she stared at the dryer. Lifting his gaze to her, he held both hands up in defense; "I swear I won't laugh. This time. I hope.. No. I promise!" Then he tucked his lips in to keep the smile from growing on his face. She was a doll and her reactions were too hard to resist a small laugh at.

"That's better," he added when she reacted to his promise of puppies. "It keeps a smile on your face. Besides, I know you'd do the same if I were in your position." Which reminded him, he needed to visit Ms. Kenna and get some fresh strawberries.

Returning his attention to the plastic of the brush he about jumped and dropped it when she flicked the dryer on and squealed. Placing a hand to his chest he stared at her, trying so very hard to keep from laughing. "Well what did you think they were? They have to go through thick animal coats." Biting the inside of his cheek, he could feel his face warming with the laugh that his was denying in his chest.

With a smirk he held the brush out to her and stood with crossed arms as he leaned against the large cabinet. "I do hope this won't take long, I know how girls like to take forever and a day to get ready," he teased as he wrinkled his nose at her. He took some time to get ready too, but that was because there was so much hair that needed dried, and while he thought about getting it cut, the faint memory of Chase's phantom fingers running through it would made a purr build in his chest and he reminded himself he'd never do it. Not as long as Chase still liked to play with it as they laid lazily on the couch.

Pushing himself from the cabinet, he started walking in the direction that held Mirela's prize. "We're almost there, if you're wondering." Pushing open a large swinging door, the light was a bit brighter than the rest of the building and the sight of puppies playing in the pin was brought to the attention of anyone who walked in, the sounds of their excited barks their greeting as he grinned. This was his favorite room, if he were to be honest with himself. "Awwww, Hi little fellas. Little ladies too." Walking over to the edge of the pin he knelt down and stuck his hand in, laughing softly as it was swarmed with puppies pawing at each other for attention. "You're still with me, right Mirela? You haven't died of a heart-attack, have you?" He teased as he turned his head to look back at her.

Mirela // Outfit // 743 // Sorry it's late!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Apr 8 2014, 08:24 AM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

Remember puppies. If she felt any of those not so pleasant doubts and insecurities trying to bubble back up, she just had to think of puppies. There was a prize waiting for her; squirmy bodies, slobbery kisses, and puppy breath. The more she thought about it the more excited she felt herself getting, like she could bounce off the walls if she let herself. Even if Theo looked like he was about to bust a seam trying to keep from laughing. She could pretend to be hurt all she wanted but she wanted to laugh too. She probably looked ridiculous and really nothing else seemed to matter now that she was close to what she'd come here for. Not even the fact that she'd gotten soaked in the rain on the way here. Puppies just made everything better.

They were both trying to enjoy the day, trying to keep sad feelings at bay. She could see it in his face, and she wasn't about to knock that all down by asking questions.

"Oh, just laugh already. You're going to break something holding it in like that." And she was laughing too, as she finished off drying herself to the best of her abilities, before shutting the dryer off. Her clothes were still a little damp but at least it wasn't dripping all over the place. Plus it's not like she had to worry about getting a cold. As far as she knew she was immune to things like that...though she guessed with the portal there was a first time for everything.

Patting down her dress, she lifted her head and crinkled her nose. "See, not forever. Psh, as a girl I think that's a new record." She could easily take forever, but she was too much in a rush all the time for that kind of thing. She lived in a world of bouncing excitement, and most of the things she did were done in fast forward. Most of the effort she used up on a daily basis was to make sure she didn't go fast. That when she ran someplace she didn't become a blur of motion, too fast for the people around her to really see. "Well...almost." She still had to brush her hair, and looking at the brush and then running a hand through her frizzled, dried curls she wasn't looking forward to the experience.

Just think puppies.

Somehow she still managed to bounce in place as she worked the brush through her hair, brushing quickly and yet trying to keep it gentle as she tugged it through the tangled. Moving to follow him she eyed the doors like she'd just set some giant ribbon covered box in front of her. She could already hear them on the other side and for a moment she wondered if she could handle playing with all the puppies. Usually she only played or petted one, but there was a whole bunch of puppies on the other side of that door.

"Okay I'm ready." No she wasn't, but she put the brush down anyway because she couldn't wait much longer.

When the door opened and she could hear them even louder, and she was following him, looking down at all the little faces as he reached his hand into the pen. Her heart just about melted. "Oh my fangs..." Biting down on her bottom lip, she bounced. "They're so cuuuute." she squealed, and her her hands flew up to cover her mouth to keep anymore from coming out. If someone could actual vocalize a keysmash she probably would have been doing that right then. Her eyes certainly seemed to grow to twice their normal size. She wanted to go up and touch them but right at that moment she could barely keep from melting into a puddle on the floor. Too much excitement, too much cute in one room. She was floating, literally.

solar/theo | --- | outfit | notes

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: May 5 2014, 12:10 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

"Ahahaha" Taking her advice, he mixed a sarcastic laugh with the laugh he'd been holding in, thankful that he had her permission. His sides were starting to hurt bad, and he was about certain something would have busted. It wasn't his fault though. Well, not entirely anyways. He needed a break from the mundane and the emptiness that resided in his chest. The fourth took a lot out of him, and even if he had curled up next to Chase that night, the vision of the other's worried face stared him down when he closed his eyes.

Chuckling this time, he only shook his head as she remarked on her record. "Knowing you, you've done faster." It was a slight tease, something that let her know he knew there was something about her. She could move uncharacteristically fast, if she allowed her self. He could see it when she thought he wasn't looking, but he could also feel it. Like when she would come up beside him, he felt an actual breeze brush past him, instead of the casual change in air. He didn't mind it, though it did leave him more curious than anything as to what she could actually do.

He waited patiently as she brushed her hair, and he quietly sympathized as she tried to manage the damp waves that were her hair. His was just like that if he let it grow out too long. "You have more patience than me. I get aggravated and end up throwing myself across the bed, which only makes it worse." While it wasn't very masculine as some others, it was what helped him through the process.

"You sure? I don't want you bouncing in place so much that something trips you and you go zooming through the roof. I don't think the owner of this place would like that," he teased as he wrinkled his nose at her. He liked her company, she was a constant dose of sugar that lifted his spirits and made him keep a smile upon his face.

You could cut the tension with a knife as they made their way towards the back of the building. He could almost taste her excitement, and he couldn't wipe the grin from his face. "Just don't have a heart-attack on me, alright?" Pushing open the door, he winced a bit at the pitch she squealed in. "That's a bit high-pitched there." Kneeling down, he was pleased that she was excited, that the puppies now pawing at his hand for attention were happy. They needed someone to keep up with them. "Not only are they cute, but they're also excited to meet you."

Wrapping his hands around the middle of a small yellow lab pup, he cradled him in his arms before standing up and making his way towards Mirela. "Say hi little buddy, she ventured through the rain just to see you guys today." Lifting a paw, he moved it just right to make it wave at her. When the small thing barked, he only laughed as he pulled his face away from the venturous tongue that decided his face tasted good.

Mirela // Outfit // 529 // SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: May 29 2014, 10:42 PM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

"You think so?" She said, and there was a playful little smirk on her face. It was so easy to forget herself sometimes, to move too fast from one place to another. She really wasn't surprised that it seemed like he'd noticed. Maybe one day she'd let something slip, or just tell him outright what she was. He was one of her closest friends and yet there was still that hesitation on her part. If it slipped out by accident she'd be alright, at least she hoped she'd be. It was only when she thought of outright saying it to someone, someone who didn't ask the question or had already figured it out that her heart clenched up. She could remember a little too vividly Johnny's last words to her, hating monsters. What if that happened with one of her friends? She didn't think she could lose anymore people. Especially not someone she felt as close to as Theo.

Giggling she worked at pushing the sadder thoughts away before they clogged up what was supposed to be a really good moment. "Well I wouldn't know, usually my hair doesn't take that much work." Maybe it was a vampire thing, after all she could hang from the ceiling and gravity had about as much effect on it as it did on the rest of her. "Plus you're a boy, it's okay if you get lazy with your hair sometimes."

Smirking she tossed her hair over her shoulder, "You have so little faith in me. I have awesome coordination." Tripping maybe not, bouncing so high she shot through the roof anyway, now that she could maybe see happening.

Of course any and all thought was completely gone from her as there were now puppies right in front of her. Their little faces, with big eyes and floppy ears, and soft soft fur. If her heart was beating it would have stopped completely. For a second she could just stand there and stare at the one he held out to her, wondering vaguely if it was possible to zing a second time after all. Everything was quivering, from the top of her head down to the tips of her toes, she was shaking with such a sheer force of joy she didn't even know what to do with it all. Slowly she held her arms out, waiting for the puppy to be placed in them before gazing at it like it was the most precious thing that had ever graced the planet.

Which to be fair, pretty much described all puppies and babies in general.

"Hello little fella.." She cooed, and the puppy turned it's head to lick at her face, bathing her in puppy breath and making her squeal all over again.

Before she knew it she was sinking to her knees, puppy cradled to her chest. Except not really, her legs were fold under her, but she never touched the floor. She was too giddy to really even consider the idea that a floor existed. Instead she kind of hovered there, eyes so bright the glowed.

"Rain or not. Best. Decision. Ever." She said, letting the puppy lick her face even more, eyes turning to look at him. "How are they so cute." It was squirming in her arms, and she turned it to rub it's belly with one hand. If she noticed she was floating she didn't seem to do anything about it. Instead crossed her legs to get more comfortable.

For the moment at least, she actually looked calm, not a bouncing ball of energy. Firsts for everything. When she looked up again her face was almost comically serious, "I want all of them."

solar/theo | --- | outfit | woops

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jul 1 2014, 05:34 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Even though she ventured through the rain. Even though his sides and faced hurt from their earlier escapades as she tried to dry off. This. Right here. Was worth it. A large smile grew across his lips and he stood there, arms crossed at his chest, as he sunk to her knees with puppy in hand. Even if she didn't walk out with one, he knew full well that both of their days were made. That the small puppy would have attention for a short while, and Mirela would be in the best of spirits for days to come. It's what he liked about his job so much: helping others feel loved. Wanted. It was why he put so much effort into making sure the animals were presentable.

Even if it did mean puppy breath and him getting his own bath when bathing time rolled around.

"I thought that's what you'd think." He wasn't sure if she'd heard his comment or not, but it had to be said. Running a hand through his hair, he found himself slowly inching the puppy corral around them. If she thought holding one puppy was great, then wait until he let them all loose around her. For once, it wouldn't be him pinned to the floor as the puppies basked her in affection. Not that he didn't mind it.

Securing the corral, he smirked and gave a shrug of his shoulders as her question was asked. "I think if we ever find out why they're so cute, then they would know that we're on to them. They'd have to step up their game because we'd become immune to their charm." Which wasn't true. He just thought it sounded good. Puppies were cute no matter what, and he was certain no one would ever, ever get tired of seeing them in such a precious state.

Positioning himself in the corral with Mirela and her lab puppy, an eyebrow raised as she point-blankly said she wanted them all. "You know," he started as he unclipped the door that held the barrage of puppies from pouncing her. "You might regret saying those words." With a grin, he let the small door open as the sound of a dozen or so barks filled the air. Husky pups, lab pups, all sorts of little four-legged fellows bounded out towards the girl hovering just above the floor with full intentions of showering her in affection.

Mirela // Outfit // 408 // SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Jan 4 2015, 09:05 PM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

"You're probably right." She giggled offhandedly, much too focused on the squirming bundle in her arms to really register words. She'd remembered her first encounter with a puppy on this side of the portal. How she'd fallen instantly in love with the wiggling ball of fur and big eyes. She'd wanted one since that moment, and every dog or puppy she'd seen since then had demanded a pat of some kind from her. No matter how vicious or intimidating the creature might have been. She was determined to pet it, and perhaps it was some of that vampire hypnotism shining through...or maybe she was just good with dogs, but even the fiercest guard dog turned into a slobbering and excited mess at her touch.

It wasn't until this moment that she realized she actually wanted a puppy though. Sure petting someone's puppy on the street was one thing, or tapping on the glass in a pet shop window. This? This was an entirely different can of worms. Here were puppies who needed homes, and if she wanted she could just take one with her. It had never occurred to her when she'd agreed to come visit during the music festival, that she might end up leaving with a new friend. Though the longer she sat there with a puppy in her arms, getting bathed in puppy breath, the likelier that outcome seemed to become.

She was so distracted she didn't even notice what he was doing. Not until it was too late to do anything...not that she'd want to stop what was about to happen in the least. If there was ever a moment to die, she would have happily accepted this one.

"What do you me-" Her voice was cut off by a surprised scream, as she was practically pulled to the ground by a wave of wiggling tales and sniffing noses. The next thing she knew she was on the floor and there were puppies everywhere. Licking her face, crawling across her body, tangling in her hair. "H-holy rabies!"

"I-Is-" she could barely speak through the wash of giggles and laughter that burst through her. "Is this what heaven feels like?" She was giggling so much, and squirming out of sheer excitement, and the tickle of a dozen wet noses pressing against her face and neck. She felt like she'd vibrate through the floor or burst like a pinata, and her hands shot up to her face to try and regain some control. It took all the effort at her disposal to manage to sit up again, and even then she'd gathered up as many of the puppies in her arms as she could hold, looking up at him with wide blue eyes.

"No regrets. None." Bouncing up and down slightly, she buried her face in fur. "I want one, I really really really want one." She wanted all of them honestly, and she flopped onto her back again with a sigh, letting them do as they pleased. How was she supposed to pick just one though? Honestly, who could ever pick between one puppy and another. "Leave me to die here. Okay? Okay." Yep, perfect solution.

solar/theo | --- | outfit | omg i'm sorry this took ages x.x

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: May 3 2015, 12:59 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Her cut off words as she shrieked in excitement caused a chuckle to slip from the Ginger's lips. He knew how she reacted towards dogs, having been walking with her enough to see how she reacted at the sight of one; but to actually see her surrounded by small pups. It was comical in it's own way.

Leaning against a wall of crates, he crossed his arms as he watched her figuratively drown in a see of puppies. It was a pleasing notion to see her getting so acquainted, and it made him miss his own at home even more. He knew that he was attached to the red husky his boyfriend had picked out, but he didn't realize (at least at the time) that she would end up being considered his own. the thought caused a smile to flit across his face as blue eyes glanced down at the floor.

The sound of her voice caused his head to raise, and the laugh that stammered from his lips caused him to wrap an arm around his waist. It was something you'd expect from a children's book, and he had to calm himself before he could properly answer her. "I-I uh, don't think that's what death is like? I-uh. I wouldn't say I'm an expert at what death feels like. Though.... I suppose heaven is what you make it? I guess?" He offered a confused shrug as he pushed himself from his resting place and took the few short steps towards her.

"You know, it's not a problem to just adopt one...." There was a slight push in his voice as he watched the small golden retriever push it's way to the forefront and demand the most attention. "I think he likes you." There was a slight nod of his head as he continued to let his friend be "mauled" by puppies. A laugh sounded from his throat as she suggested he leave her there to die, and he only gave his head a gentle shake before he ran a hand through his curled locks. "I mean, if I let you die, you can't come back and do this, now can you?"

Maybe it would be a good push in the right direction. Or maybe he was just trying to do his job. Or even be a good friend. Perhaps it was a bit of all three, but as her face lit up once again and another squeal of excitement caused goosebumps to prickle along his forearms, the thought of him doing the right thing stayed afloat in the forefront of his mind. "Now I really don't think you would want to give something like this up." Kneeling down, he lifted the small Pug pup and held her to his friend's cheek. The small thing squired in his hands as she struggled to reach her, and he helped her out and laughed as slobber and tongue attacked Mirela's face. "I would say I'm sorry, but I'm really not."

Mirela // Outfit // 501 // SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
mirela adora dracos
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 03:56 AM
123 POSTS
5'2"
I thought we zinged
lonely
heterosexual
Mavis

It almost sort of reminded her of being home. It wasn't like getting surrounded by puppies was an entirely new experience for her. Sure werewolf puppies were different from actual puppies, but getting swarmed by wriggling bundles of fur was familiar. Though at least the memory didn't make her sad this time. There was a lingering ache in her chest at thoughts of the hotel, and worrying over her friends and family. But it was for the most part drowned out by the bundles of joy that surged over her body. Tickling her with their noses and tails, and licking at her cheeks with sloppy, puppy breath soaked kisses. Bright blue eyes focused up at her friend, a grin so wide it hurt her face to wear it. "You think so?" She didn't want to push any of them away, but she needed to just to see him. Or to sit up properly on the ground. A bundle of soft warmth never very far from her extended hands. Tiny jaws nibbling on her splayed fingers and making her giggle. "Then this is my heaven, hands down." She'd never placed much thought in heaven the concept was relatively new to her. Religion being more of a human thing then a monster thing, but thinking on it now she could see this being her equivalent of the perfect place to be. Perhaps not this room or this building, but certainly this situation.

"Just one?" Her voice dropped at little at that, eyes dancing over all those tiny faces. All these puppies needing a home and she wanted to give it to them. As much as she'd love to find herself a dog here, it broke her heart at the idea that she'd be leaving so many of them behind. Her eyes fell to the small golden one that walked towards her. Pushing his way through the crowd with determination until he could lift himself up to plant his front paws on her folded knees. Her hand moved to pet him, scratching lightly behind his ears and smiling softly at the lopsided smile and lolling tongue the little dog presented her.

"That's true." She said and her nose crinkled up at Theo, tongue sticking out teasingly. Well she supposed one of them had to be the level head in this situation. It certainly wasn't going to be her with the puppies crashing over her in waves and making her dizzy with the effort it took to fight back her giggles. "Oh fangs, but I want them all and just dying here would be so much easier..." A little sigh and pout broke through all her enthusiasm for just a brief moment before another puppy was being lifted to her face.

The giggles started all over again, and Mavis was soon drawing up as many of the dogs into her arms as she could possibly hold just to give her something to hold onto. At the rate she was going she'd float up to the ceiling she felt so light. "Of course not!" Her hands moved to cover her mouth "I wouldn't expect you to be." Her eyes opened, words muffled by the cupped hands in front of her lips and broken by the fit of giggles she was still struggling to keep back. "It's your job to kill people with cute animals." When her hands fell away she was smirking, wide enough that her fangs flashed faintly. "It's really very rude of you, you know-"

An interruption came in the form of that same Golden Retriever puppy. This time bounding up further to get a lick at her cheek and the rest of her face. Clearly determined to hold all of her attention. Slender arms curled around him to humor him, but just scooping him up and holding him to her chest as he licked her face made a sense of something build in her chest.

"You know...I think I want this one." A giggle, flinching a little as he barked in her face. Nowhere near the power of a full grown dog but loud enough to a vampire with sensitive hearing. Her gaze flicked back to Theo.

solar/theo | --- | outfit | maybe closer?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.