131 POSTS
5'9"
It's only fun if you a scar out of it
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

We were born to break the doors down,
Fight until the end.
She was glad that she'd found Hiccup almost the moment she got here. She didn't want to wander the party alone for any length of time. Not when she looked like this. She tried to not look as insecure as she felt deep inside. It helped that there was a mask to hide her face from the world. Something about having your face hidden made things easier. Even if she technically didn't know anyone at this party. Maybe Arthur, she'd heard he was coming here, and she only knew that because he was Hiccup's roommate. Thomas and Eila were...well after what had happened there, she doubted they were going to be feeling up to a party. Lola? Maybe. Kind of sad when it only took five seconds to run through her entire catalog of friends. She was only here because Hiccup had insisted, and she crossed over so rarely outside of that...she technically didn't really exist in this world. She had names, papers, things they'd set up for her when she'd first crossed in case she decided to stay, and to make visits easier. Other then that?

Nothing, and it was silly to think that she could successfully stick to Hiccup the whole night. As tangled as they'd been in each other when they'd first set eyes on each other, she still found herself standing alone waiting for him to come back with something from the refreshment table. She wasn't quite sure how long that should have taken, but seeing how big this place was? She wouldn't have been surprised if he'd gotten himself lost somewhere.

Sighing, she closed her eyes for a moment. Out side of that small, half hidden gesture, she tried to project the image she was portraying. A warrior, a goddess of war. The type of woman who wouldn't look around at all these shifting faces and didn't feel fear. It was a lot harder said than done. Fingers tightening into a vice like grip on her axe, she straightened her spine and pushed back her shoulders. Chin tilted up she pulled another more subtle mask onto her face, one that she hoped belied the fierce aura she was trying to portray.

Whatever she was doing seemed to be working because whenever someone focused their eyes on her. Lecherous looks that she could sense even with people's faces hidden as they were. One look at the glint of her eyes beneath her mask, and the way her hands reflexively twisted around the handle of her weapon...most of them turned away.

Good thing too, she didn't think it was 'proper' to hit people with an axe. Even if she didn't strike to kill.

The latest contestant in this little game took a bit more than a dirty look to push him away. He was persistent, and when she felt his hand move to her lower back, like he was going to guide her to the dance floor, the reaction was immediate. "No." She snapped, hands moving to bring the curve of her axe under his chin. She moved one hand away to lift up her mask, better exposing her face. "I suggest you remove your hand and leave, before you loose it." The man gulped, lifted his hands, and stumbled back into the crowd, muttering something about crazy women.

Astrid felt herself deflate, letting the butt of her axe hit the marble floor and leaning against it. A stance that was as natural to her as breathing. "Great, as if I wasn't drawing enough attention already. Way to go Astrid." What did it say about her that she'd rather be facing her version of masked men, over this kind any day? At least their heads she could cut off without upsetting anyone.

I hope it's okay o.o
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Oct 30 2013, 01:03 PM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Hm? Oh! Hi there! Is everything alright? I know everything around here seems scary, but there's nothing to be scared of! You see, there's this group. Filled with courageous beings. All looking out for you. Me? Oh. Heh. I'm just a nobody. Nothing special. But I'll help you the best I can.
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

now this is our time, our generation
Making her way through the front doors of the mansion, she was completely blown away by how grand everything looked. Never before had she been to something like this, and never had she thought she would get the chance to see something this beautiful. Her eyes were alight with wonder as she looked from one costumed guest to another. Everyone was so fancy looking, she felt even more out of place than she initially felt.

Part of her wondered, in the back of her mind, if maybe she should have saved her money and worn the outfit she threw together for Lydia's party. It would have been fun to run through the crowd and just tilt her head acting like she worked for Crowley. But a part of her, a part that would speak up every time a bad feeling crept into the back of her mind, told her not too. The whole mysterious invitation with the unknown man almost everyone from the Complex got just didn't set well with her.

The first half of her time there was spent walking around with Lydia in amazement. But nature called and her stomach wanted something. So assuring her friend she would be back, she made her way towards the direction of the refreshment table. She was still amazed at how spectacular everything looked as she took her time walking, heeled boots clicking softly against the polished marble.

There was a man there that seemed familiar to her, but she shook the feeling off, telling her that Hiccup wouldn't come to a ball like this. He spent most of his time on the other side of the Portal, so it was a wonder how he would have even gotten an invitation. Dolling out a cup of punch for herself, she took a sip and adjusted her mask as she looked around again. Everything about tonight was just completely new and exciting to her.

Holding her cup close, she ventured back into the crowd with the fullest intentions of finding Lydia again. But her attention was distracted by the familiar sound of a female voice. Which was then followed by a man passing her muttering under his breath about a crazy woman with an ax. Blinking behind her mask, she turned in the direction he had come from and she had to cover her mouth to keep the sudden spurt of laughter from erupting from her lips.

Astrid?!

Smiling wide from ear to ear she made her way over to her blonde friend (she was learning most of her female friends were blonde). Catching the end of what she was quietly muttering to herself she slipped behind a larger man and quickly closed her eyes and focused. It was risky, but maybe it was something that she needed to work on. Feeling the tingle of herself disappearing from view she turned and took to standing beside the girl.

Grinning from ear to ear, which no one could see, she nudged the other with her elbow before speaking. "I'm pretty sure a girl as pretty as you carrying an amazing ax like that draws a lot of attention to begin with."

Giggling she quickly came back into view, and she gave a small wave to the girl. "Hey Astrid. Didn't expect to see you here, of all places." So that meant the man in the brown leather and fur was Hiccup. "And you really do look fantastic."

this is for ASTRID. it's 580 words. LOLA is wearing this
made by malone at caution 2.0

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Nov 9 2013, 10:44 PM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
Huffing a loose strand of blond hair back from her face, she contemplated slipping her mask back down. Honestly she didn't like how it rested on her face, creating blind spots that only added to her level of discomfort. She figured a clear sight of any approaching jerks was worth whatever damage the pushed up mask was doing to her hair. It's not like she'd spent too much time on it, sure the braid was a little more intricate than her usual, but it was a hairstyle that was just as easy for her to make. She'd already put more than enough effort into the costume, even going so far as to add a touch of makeup, that by the time she got to her hair she only half bothered.

"C'mon Hiccup..." She muttered, how long did it even take to get a drink?

A bump at her side made her shift and grab onto her axe again, head turning sharply to see who'd dared. Only...there wasn't anyone standing that close to her. It made the disembodied voice sound even more unnerving. Reflex had her tensing up even as recognition started to set in.

The giggle cinched it and the viking relaxed "Hel Lola, don't do that." She chided, a smile already spreading on her face. Here was a familiar face, perhaps not as familiar as Hiccup but still a friend and offering enough of that feeling of home to make her comfortable again. "I could have hit you or something." She let her axe fall back down again so she could lean on it.

"And yeah, I didn't expect to be coming myself. I'm only here because Hiccup wouldn't stop asking." her expression softened a bit at the mention of his name, and then changed to something a touch more somber. "Plus after everything I figured it'd be nice to take a break." The compliment made her flush again, despite any attempt on her part to hide it. Shoulder's shifting in a half shrug she wrinkled her nose "You really think so? Because I feel kind of silly walking around dressed like this."

Her eyes flicked up taking in the other girl's costume for the first time. She wasn't really familiar with anything about this world, but Arthur had a thing for comic books and she'd spending more than her share of time at the apartment with Hanson so she'd picked up at least enough to recognize that she was dressed as a superhero. Though for the life of her she couldn't remember the name. "You look great by the way. Who are you dressed as?" she smiled apologetically "I swear Hiccup's roommate told me about her once, but I can't remember for the life of me what her name is."

so short -_-
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Nov 10 2013, 11:39 PM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Hm? Oh! Hi there! Is everything alright? I know everything around here seems scary, but there's nothing to be scared of! You see, there's this group. Filled with courageous beings. All looking out for you. Me? Oh. Heh. I'm just a nobody. Nothing special. But I'll help you the best I can.
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

Giggling as Astrid tensed up, she knew the possible consequences to the act she pulled. Astrid was a warrior, and to have a body-less voice speak to her could have landed Lola with an elbow to her face, or her ducking as the blonde swung her axe. She couldn't help herself though, she wanted to play with the girl a bit and it wasn't like anyone here would actually be paying attention. If they were, she would just point out the punch they were drinking was spiked and they were seeing things. Or just grin and go along with her wonder Woman get up.

"I would have been okay. I know you wouldn't hit me." It was a half-truth. Astrid showed her affections through punches to the arms. Though, after learning to differentiate what each hit meant, (it all depended on how hard it was and how she held her thumb- her and Eila had took notes when the group did a larger scout mission) it was easy enough to tell what the girl would do. Though, being a Viking, Astrid liked to change things up. A lot.

Addressing her astonishment of seeing her here, she nodded and took another drink. "Boys man, they never know when to stop." This caused a loud snort to make her face scrunch up and she raised a hand to cover her face, but it was short lived as the comment towards the Thomas situation was mentioned. Sighing quietly to herself her hand came to rub awkwardly at the back of her neck. That day was still fresh in her mind, and there were nights she couldn't sleep because of it.

Both Thomas and Eila were staying with her, and while she didn't mind the company, the atmosphere was a little tense at times. Though never had the tops of her cabniets and the corners of her apartment ever been so clean before. "They're both doing alright, in case you were curious." Quickly she changed the topic, and focused on complimenting the warrior Princess before her. Nodding, she smiled widely up at her friend. "You look like a Femme Fatale."

Her smile grew at the compliment on her costume, and she couldn't help the small twirl that followed. "Thanks Astrid!" A small laugh escaped her lips as she answered, "I'm Wonder Woman. The Amazonian Warrior." Flexing an arm, she striked a pose before laughing again.

Hiccup's roommate... why did she fell like she should know who that is? Wasn't he a member of the Resistance? For the life of her she couldn't remember. "Hiccup's Roommate! Right! He's into comic books. Um... Ar-Arthur, right? Like the Knights of the Round Table Arthur. Yeah......" Slowly she nodded, the name ringing bells inside her head before her attention was brought back to Astrid. "It's alright. She's one of the originals, but because a lot of hardcore fans are so deadset on keeping her image the same and not slutting her up like some of the newer female superheros, she hasn't had a good reboot in a long time."

It was sad, really. What was so wrong about having female superheros who actually wore clothes and fought for what was right instead of falling for Superman or Batman?

Besides, Wally Wesy was the best.

this is for ASTRID. it's 552 words. LOLA is wearing this. Short isn't a bad thing!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Nov 20 2013, 01:28 PM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
"Good to know you're so confident." She smirked a bit. Managing to seem at ease despite a flicker of self doubt. Truthfully she was so wired up and tense right now who knew what she'd do. She'd already lost her temper with that man. Hopefully as the night went on and she got used to everything she'd relax. The last thing she needed was to punch someone -or worse- because her nerves were on edge. Though she was enough of herself to respond with a light punch to the arm of the other, the smirk morphing into a more playful expression for a moment. "There, payback."

Even with the other here she found her eyes wandering with mention of Hiccup to look out over the crowd. Trying to spot him in that mess of people. "Yeah, and he's a little more persistent than most I think." That was one thing she admired about him. He stuck to something and followed it through, sticking to what he was doing with determination. "It's the viking in him I guess." They were nothing if not persistent after all. How many years had they been trying to find the dragon's nest without even an ounce of success? She focused back on Lola, as close to a sheepish smile as she could get crossing her face. "Honestly, and he's probably gotten himself lost now too."

She honestly wanted to ask about Thomas and Eila but she hadn't been able to voice her concern. There was very clear relief on her face when Lola mentioned them first. "That's good to here. I need to visit soon...maybe bring them something." There was relief and she was hoping the worry wouldn't be so strong now that she knew they were doing alright, but it was still there. Lurking in the pit of her stomach. "You don't mind do you? I know they're staying with you...and I figured I'd bring Stormfly. She's been worrying a lot too." It had effected her dragon more than she'd thought to carry an injured friend. They'd learned a long time ago that dragons were very protective of not only their riders, but those their riders cared about.

Topic turning to happier things (or at least slightly happier) like costumes Astrid smiled "You're very welcome." She said and then nodded at the name. "Ah, yeah I remember her now. She sounded cool, I can't see fighting anything in that outfit but...I guess it's different when you're...well wonder woman I guess." she said perking up a bit. She knew something, something about this world, and that made her glad. Even if she didn't know at first, the fact that there was recognition was enough.

"Mhmm, yeah that's him. You two would probably get along." She chuckled and shook her head "He's always talking about superheroes when he's not talking about old legends." She shrugged a shoulder and glanced out at the crowd. "I think he was dressed as one too...though he kind of just looked like a regular soldier in uniform to me."

Her eyes flicked back to Lola "So, anyway how're you enjoying the party? Did you come with anyone? This place is...it's something isn't it?" a nervous laugh "Kind of, a little too much..."

I don't think she's ever talked this much before xD
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 12:23 AM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

Nodding at the Goddess' comment on her confidence, she beamed a smile at her. Little did her Resistance friends know how much she really looked up to them. Eila had a small inkling to it when she had her breakdown in the hospital waiting room, but Astrid was completely clueless. and she would continue to be clueless, because she didn't want the viking to look down on her. She winced and rubbed at her arm when the other tagged her, and she regretted thinking about how her and Eila rated their meanings.

At least Astrid was happy. That was what mattered.

She laughed lightly at the mention of Hiccup getting lost, and knew it was likely what happened. After all, wasn't she technically lost too? She was suppose to make her way back to Lydia, but with as large a crowd the place had, it really was hard to remember where you were. "I can't blame him though. It's so large. Did the Vikings ever have things like this?"

It was always amazing to learn what actual vikings did, compared to what her old history books had told her. Man, if only they could get a hold of the knowledge Astrid and Hiccup had- they'd be surprised.

The way Astrid held herself, and how she tried to veer from the topic of Thomas and Eila, she knew it was best to say something first. After all, the news about them was so fresh, and so close to home, it was like peeling the skin from a freshly healed scab back just to watch the blood bubble up and spill over. "They'd really enjoy the company. I think they're both getting a bit of cabin fever. Eila keeps getting snappy ever so often, and I can only get those Thin Mints she likes so much. Though I think I'm on a first name basis with the Girl Scout troop." She paused for a minute to blink that thought into realization before continuing. "Thomas though, I think he's stirring in his own sorrows. Which is probably the case for Eila being testy. So please! Come visit. It will do us all good." And it really would.

She loved Eila and Thomas, but she wasn't there enough for them right now. She was trying to put up the extra hours, and make up for the time lost when she was in the hospital with the two of them. So she was pulling a lot of double shifts and the days she did have off she found herself either at the store or sleeping the day away.

Changing the topic quickly with Astrid, she was pleased to know that she and Arthur knew about Wonder Woman. "She really is great. After all these years, they still have her an independent hero. Doesn't need a man for anything, and even though she has feelings for someone she knows better than to get involved. You remind me of her a lot, actually." She smiled at the other girl. It was the truth- maybe she could have Astrid over and show her the wonders of, well, Wonder Woman. "I'd actually like to get to know him better, in all honesty. He seems like a real nice guy."

The question that followed had her pondering. She never really went to anything like this. Though there was the one time her High School tried to hold a ball. She never got to see how it went about, even though she was part of the art club that made the makeshift chandeliers. Dad messed something up and they had to move again.

"I think it's absolutely fantastic! Though, I don't know if I'm just.... being on edge about this or not, but there's just this... this feeling in my being that things this is a trap." She rubbed her tongue against the backs of her teeth, taking a slow sip of her drink. If anyone would understand, Astrid would. "But like I said, I think I'm just overreacting! But yeah, I came with another friend, and I'm actually suppose to.... go.. bac-" Well speak of the Devil.

She almost missed her, but it really was hard to, when she was following this tall Frank N Furter, pointing at him with the largest grin on her face. Oh God Lydia what did you get into? Heavily she sighed, covering her face with her hand and slowly shaking her head. "I suppose she found something to keep her entertained while I try to find my way back to her." A weak laugh escaped her lips as she looked over at Astrid. "What about you? Or should the guy I passed earlier be a clear sign?"

this is for ASTRID. it's 792 words. LOLA is wearing this. Short isn't a bad thing!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 07:18 PM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
Surveying her surroundings, silently trying to spot a familiar viking in a sea of the unfamiliar. Lola was right, it was large, larger even the meeting hall back on Berk. A giant world of glittering golds and silvers, flickering candles, and fragile fabrics. Maybe she shouldn't have let him go off on his own, who knew if he'd ever find his way back in all of this.

Turning back to Lola she shrugged a shoulder at the question. Thinking of Berk made her feel almost claustrophobic in this mess. She missed the wide open spaces, the mountain ranges, and outdoor celebrations. "Not really." She said with an absent smile "We did have a sort of harvest festival type thing around this time?" Her eyes shifted back out to the crowd. "Of course Berk wasn't exactly famous for its farming, it's thanking the Gods and stuff that really mattered." her eyes closed and she could almost see it, hear the music, smell fresh mutton roasting in the fire pits. "We'd all gather in the great hall and have a feast, there'd be dancing...but nothing like this..." Celebrations had always been interrupted by dragons too, it was only recently that they got to actually enjoy any of it.

Her eyes opened again and she gave Lola a little smile. "Vikings aren't very fancy, in case you haven't noticed."

Her expression sobered a bit as memories of her old life were replaced with those of this one. "I can imagine." She said a sad smile on her face "I think I will stop by, I miss them." She'd grown more sensitive to loss since she'd gotten Hiccup back, ironic really. When Thomas had nearly died the impact had slowly sunken in and she found herself increasingly ignoring what could have possibly been a very permanent loss. She couldn't even begin to imagine what it must have been like for Lola who'd been through that on her own, or Eila who was so much closer to Thomas.

She also kind of wanted to make up for avoiding them all in general, at least it felt like that's what she'd been doing. She hadn't really come to visit, and even now she knew she hadn't really had to ask for permission. "Maybe I can bring them something...you know, to keep them occupied." What exactly she had no idea, but it shouldn't be too hard. Right? She couldn't just throw Stormfly at them and hope she kept them entertained. "How have you been though? Having them there...it doesn't sound like it's been easy."

Her eyes took in the other woman then, perhaps being a little more critical than before. Trying to find the signs she saw so frequently among those of them that fought with the resistance; exhaustion, sadness, and a countless number of similar emotions. Lola no doubt having more cause to show it these past few days than anyone else.

It last for only a moment though before she was back to looking at the crowd. Listening as Lola talked about Wonder Woman and feeling some color rise in her face at the comparison. "Really, you think so?" A nervous laugh, she wondered how Wonder Woman would handle tonight then, because she for one kept getting flustered every time Hiccup so much as looked at her. "He is, maybe you'll bump into him tonight? I mean you managed to bump into me right?"

Her eyes were focused back on the crowd, following someone she thought might be Hiccup, but then realizing it wasn't him. Too much going on all at once, and she couldn't seem to stop trying to keep an eye on it all. Instead of relaxing and enjoying herself like she should have been. It was somewhat a relief to hear that Lola felt the same though she hesitated in saying anything, instead following the other's eyes to the girl moving through the crowd, a little laugh managing to escape her throat.

Glancing back at Lola she shrugged "I guess I could say yes to that." She couldn't hide the color that rose on her face "I-we came together, and I don't know..." she pressed her lips together, determined to stop talking before she acted less like herself then she already was.

Instead she focused on other things, jumping at what she'd not wanted to say earlier. "That weird feeling you felt?" She tilted her head "I think I feel it too...it's like, I can't relax..like I can't let my guard down. I thought maybe it was all of this and...Hanson.." she gestured around them "But if you feel it too..." Odin help them this didn't mean things were going to end up like last Halloween.

<3<3<3
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 02:28 AM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

Astrid may never know it, but Lola couldn't help but look up to the blonde as she spoke of home. Just hearing about an actual time period of vikings that didn't come from poorly written textbooks was so exciting. If only her parents could see her now- even Dash, or Jack-Jack. Biting her lower lip she worked on pushing those feelings from her mind as Astrid seemed to get lost in her thought. That was a good sign- seeing the other finding something she truly cared about. It was hard, with the Resistance, to actually find that moment where you can have complete inner peace. Smiling at her friend she gave a small nod in response. "It still sounds amazing. I wish I could see it...." She knew in due time though, everyone would be able to go back home. Things would return to normal. She could only hope that everyone she befriended since the Darkness hit would still keep in touch. How- she wasn't quite sure of it, but she knew she wanted to keep those she held to her heart close.

Nodding her head with more enthusiasm this time, she added a smile. "You really should! I think Eila's getting a bit stir-crazy. I can only be there so much with work, and I love them dearly, but I think Thomas could use a good smack upside the head. Neither me or Eila have the willpower to do it though." Her fingers clasped tightly to the cup, knowing that the topic of Thomas and Eila was a touchy subject for those close to them, but these were good words- no more mourning. He was recovering, and everything could be back to some-what simplicity. "They would love to see you, Stormfly too! And even if you don't bring anything, you're more than welcomed!"

Though, just like any other time, the conversation switched to her and she shifted the weight on her feet as she avoided the other girl's glance. Her? She was tired. Running thin. There were time she held Eila as she felt they would never get out of this cycle, where Thomas felt like he wasn't good enough. It was too much for her some times, and she found herself going out for long walks after work and crying. She never did often, knowing it was selfish of her- but she thought about it. "I'm fine," she lied with as straight as face as she could muster, switching the topic to something she felt comfortable with. "Is he? That would be really nice. I really would like to meet him."

She could only smirk a bit as her friend tried to cover up the fact her and Hiccup had come together, and she gave the smallest of nods as she kept her mouth shut. She knew better than to pester Astrid on something like that.

Her stomach dropped a bit when her thoughts were met with agreement. Biting the inside of her cheek, she knew nothing good could come from it. If Astrid felt the same way then something was up. Sighing, she found a hand rubbing at the side of her head. That wasn't what she wanted to hear. Something was at play here, and she could only hope that they weren't the only four there that would be able to defend the other guests here. Letting the silence settle between them, she lifted her gaze up to the blonde. "You don't- you don't think it could be like last year, do you?" She was not up for dealing with zombies and dragons again. That wasn't fun- not at all.

"Maybe.... maybe we're just worked up from last year? Maybe that's it. We might just be over thinking this, right?" She laughed weakly as she looked down at her empty cup. She could only pray silently that it was nothing like last year....

this is for ASTRID. it's 651 words. LOLA is wearing this. Sorry it's late! ;~;

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 06:37 PM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
It shouldn't have surprised her that she couldn't think of home or her friends, even something as innocent as her feelings for Hiccup without it getting marred in some way. She didn't want to accept that nervous pit in her stomach, but it wasn't like her to outright ignore a feeling. Even when she had other topics to focus on. "One day maybe." She said with what she hoped was an easy smile. "I'll fly you over there myself if I have to." That was a dream wasn't it? To be able to go home, bringing friends or visiting where they lived. She wouldn't mind seeing where Lola had lived or where Arthur and Eila and all the others had called home. Even though most of them didn't really like talking about where they'd come from, she could help but feel connected to those places through the people she'd met.

She had hope, she needed to. There wasn't a point in any of this if she didn't.

Hearing about Thomas an Eila though, that brought a sad little smile to her face. She shouldn't have been surprised that they were like that, Thomas especially. He'd been bad self confidence wise before but now? She couldn't even begin to imagine what he must be like. He'd managed to kill that monster all on his own, and she'd even considered going out to skin it our get its head. Something to that he could look at and realize that he hadn't failed, he'd succeeded. "That doesn't surprise me." She said, with a slight shake of the head, hand moving to rest on her hip. "I will stop by then. If only to give him a good thump on the head. Since you two baby him way too much," Of course she wasn't really any better, and there was a bemused smile on her face at that thought. In all honesty she'd probably flick him on the forehead and bring him food, not really a stern talking to.

Then again he had nearly given her and everyone else a heart attack.

Her eyes skimmed back over the crowd and then flicked to Lola at the not at all convincing 'I'm fine' she got in response. One eyebrow raising in a clear sign of skepticism, Astrid weighed her options. She could say nothing and let Lola sort it out on her own. Which didn't sound at all like it was going to happen knowing how she did that Thomas wasn't the only one of their little group to internalize. Or she could call out the bullshit for what it was, even if Lola didn't want to talk about it. "Bullshit." She finally said, voice as straight and near expressionless as her face. "You're a terrible liar, and I can see how 'not fine' you are all over your face." She wasn't the type to beat around the bush, Hiccup could testify to that count. Her expression softened for a moment, though she turned her face away and back to the crowd. "It's not easy, I get that, but don't lie to me."

She sighed then, lifting a hand to brush her hair back from her face "If you want to talk I'm here for you, I know we don't talk a lot or really 'hang' but sometimes that helps? Hell I'll talk right now if you need it, just point the way and we'll find a room. It'll get my mind off of whatever this feeling is..." She worried about her friends and it showed on her face in that moment, that inner soft spot she kept boarded up. She hated that they all saw so little of the value in themselves...just like Hiccup way back when. Seems like then she'd known exactly what to say, why couldn't she find the words now? "No one is going to think any less of you for having doubts or feelings, or any of that. Especially not me."

Invariably she felt her mind drawn back to that sinking feeling in her stomach. She didn't know if it was just some leftover anxiety from Halloween, but whatever it was she didn't like and whenever there was a lull in the conversation or the focus was drawn in that direction the feeling only grew sharper. Like a knife twisting in her gut. "I don't know." She said and she could feel her teeth grinding with some imagined strain. It took effort to stop herself, as she shook her head. "I hope that's all it is, I really do." She couldn't even imagine what it would be like for a horde of zombies to come swarming into this crowded mansion. It'd be a massacre.

"Maybe some food will make it better..." She hadn't really eaten.

astrid could you not
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 12:22 PM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

Astrid's words held a strong sense of promise, and Lola could only help but smile at her. Anything Astrid sat her mind to, she would find a way to make it happen. Lola was certain of it. Would the Darkness ever let up enough for them to go home? Even if for a few months? Like last Christmas, she'd heard about it. Other's from the Complex excited that went back and got to see their home. She should have gone, but she had a feeling that it wouldn't last long. That everything would come back in full swing. And it did. But someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, they could all go home and focus on rebuilding what they once had.

Nodding in agreement with the blonde, Lola was excited to know that Astrid would be visiting. That meant she could spoil her friends a little since they would all be together. Maybe she should think on setting up Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner plans, so everyone can be together and have something happy to look forward to, even if some didn't celebrate the holiday. "It's hard not to baby him, with that pouting moose face his gives. You know the one, I'm sure he's used it on you plenty of times before." A small laugh escaped her lips at the thought of Thomas pouting at Astrid. She wouldn't take it, she normally never did. There was a feeling deep down though, that told her Astrid had moments where she wasn't as hard as she looked.

But that moment wasn't now, as the Viking Warrior called her on her lie. Lowering her head, Lola knew she shouldn't have lied from the beginning, but what else was there to do? She knew, just as everyone else did, that everyone had their own problems to worry about. That hers didn't really matter when compared to Astrid or even Eila.

Quietly she stood there, fighting the urge to turn invisible and hide herself from the Goddess that was sternly telling her what was up. "I know," the words were meek as she avoided contact. As she admitted that she would even talk know, she slowly lifted her eyes to look at the face that had turned away. "It's... it's okay for right now. Sort of. I don't want to ruin your night any..." Which was stupid, because from what she could tell, she seemed like a lifesaver to the girl before her. Maybe she should take her up on that offer. She needed a good thump on the head sometimes, and who better to give it to her than Astrid?

Her question seemed to trigger something in the other and she couldn't help but shift in her spot. Maybe she shouldn't keep bringing it up, but it was hard to forget trying to save an entire street from a huge dragon. Especially when said dragon took up almost the entire street, it's wings digging into the buildings on either side of it. A shiver ran through her as she once again nodded in agreement with her. "Maybe we should go find some food." Looking around, she felt that thought bubble down as there was a quiet pull that wanted to take her away from the original direction she came from.

"I think.. maybe this way." Her voice seemed emotionless as a hand slowly raised to point ahead of her. Sitting her drink on the table the blonde had been leaning on, she didn't even give the other girl a chance to answer as she started walking in the direction that called to her.

this is for ASTRID. it's 603 words. LOLA is wearing this. I hope you don't mind?

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Mar 29 2014, 02:00 PM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
She couldn't help but laugh, and it surprised her a little considering how nervous she still felt. The fact that she could still manage such an easy and carefree laugh, had to be a good thing right? Especially when it was related to the friend you'd nearly lost not that long ago. Lifting a hand to cover her smile and muffle the giggles that threatened to find their way out, Astrid nodded. "I know the look. Though I don't think I've gotten it too many times over here." she rolled her eyes, with a little smile "Is it worse here? Because if it is I might go easy on you two for the whole babying thing. It's bad enough ignoring it over there...even for me." What could she say? She had a weak spot for scrawny, clumsy boys. This ball wasn't proof enough the kind of things she was willing to do if Hiccup asked her to. She didn't exactly broadcast that kind of thing often but it was there for those who bothered to look hard enough. She didn't know if she had always been that way of if it was just another change in her life that came from getting to know the one legged viking currently wandering through this party somewhere.

Her expression softened, but there was no pity or smugness in her eyes. She didn't feel proud of herself for having poked through the other woman's lies, but she also didn't think Lola had been in the wrong for trying to keep that to herself. They all had baggage they were carrying and sometimes you either didn't want anyone to see it and think you were weak, or you just didn't want to add to someone else's problems. From what she'd seen good people always suffered on their own because of the latter.

Cautiously, like she wasn't quite used to the gesture, Astrid placed a hand on the other's shoulder. Giving Lola a gentle squeeze. "If it's to help a friend, it doesn't matter about my night." She smiled "Plus, I wasn't really feeling this party, so the night went pretty much downhill the minute Hiccup wandered off to get a drink. If you hadn't shown up, I'd have probably killed someone by now." She was teasing, trying to get a laugh out of her friend, hand dropping back to her side. "That's if you want to talk, you need it...but if you're not ready to let it out I'm not going to force you."

Maybe if she ever stuck around this place she could get a career as one of those people that gave advice or something. She didn't really have that much faith in her abilities to help her friends with problems of the mind, but she'd played the role of getting Hiccup to buck up more than once. Truthfully what helped was that she believed in her friends and what they could do. Lola especially, and certainly after how she'd handled that night in the rain. If she could get Hiccup to see how special he was, maybe she could do it to the rest of them.

In the meantime they could find food and maybe get a look around this place. Now that there was someone else who shared in what she felt, she was finding it harder not to look at the world around her like it was enemy territory. It could just as easily be nothing, but better to be on alert then surprised by something horrible later. She just hoped the surprise wasn't as bad as it had been last Halloween. "Food sounds good." she muttered, taking a step to follow behind Lola.

Turning her head somewhat sharply at the other girl's voice, she was about to question her change in demeanor when the idea seemed to pour out of her mind. Blinking, her face relaxing, she brought herself to step beside her friend, not even questioning the direction they were going. Which should have sent up warning bells on its own since she was pretty sure that the food was in the opposite direction. "Maybe I'll find Hiccup at the refreshment table, what do you think?" It was like her worries and preoccupations had melted away.

There was a feeling, like a rope gently tugging them further away from the shifting life of the party and into the darker..less inhabited parts of the mansion. Where big open ballrooms gave way to long hallways and smaller less extravagant rooms. "It should be illegal to have a house this big all to yourself." The guy lived alone right? She hadn't seen anything that indicated otherwise...was that strange? It was to her, but then she was used to people living on so little. When a viking had a big house, it meant they had a big family.

astrid could you not
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
lola amethyst parr
 Posted: Apr 6 2014, 05:45 PM
203 POSTS
5'3"
Single
Bicurious?
Violet Parr

Nodding she pointed a finger at the taller blonde. "Yes!, she exclaimed with enthusiasm, "It's at least twice as bad on this side! And the worst thing, I think, is that he knows it yet he doesn't. So he'll pull it out and you just want to pet his hair. It's baaaaaad." And it was. Lola wasn't sure how Eila ever managed anything else with a face like Thomas'. Maybe that was why they were always on the other side more than New York. She's have to ask her friend that next time she saw her.

As the conversation continued, she could only nod silently and give small tidbits to add in, knowing that Astrid was right. There was a lot on Lola's plate, and she hadn't really been the same since she'd helped Thomas that faithful night; but as she said eaiiler, it wasn't Astrid's problem. So while she may have had the Vikiness' word that she could confide in her, she more than likely wouldn't. She was just that type of person it keep it all bottled up.

Though, at the mention of food and possibly looking for Hiccup, everything seemed to shift at a drastic pace. It was as if she'd lost all control of her mental abilities as she turned towards the pull in an almost trance-like state. There was a small bit of her that tried to pull the reigns back, attempting to set off the alarms in her mind- but it was like someone had hit the 'silent' button her her thoughts as she made her way towards the less crowded areas of the large estate.

Astrid's voice seemed so far away as they both seemed drawn in the same direction. Anyone who were to look at them would have suspected them on drugs, seeing as their eyes were glossed over.

Hiccup.
The name meant something to her, but the pull was stronger as her hand slowly reached out into the emptiness before her. Something was pulling her. Something that she couldn't control and she knew, in the back of her mind, that she shouldn't be trusting it as willingly as she had.

But Astrid's right behind you. There's nothing to worry about.

A look of realization dawned on her face as that little bit of information seemed to play on repeat in her head. "Yeah. Illegal. I think I see it." Her voice was mono-toned, as if she had been voided of all emotion as she replied to the blonde behind her. Just ahead, however, there were two doors. Simple. Plain. Completely out of place in something as grand as this. The pull was stronger, but as she was just within reach of the doors she stopped, torn on which door to choose.

"I... I don't know..." The words were hushed as she slowly turned her head to the left, only to have it turn towards the right. Slowly she turned to look at the blonde before her. "I don't know.," she repeated once more.

this is for ASTRID. it's 508 words. LOLA is wearing this. welp. It's a thing.

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
astrid belinda asger
 Posted: Apr 9 2014, 04:41 AM
131 POSTS
5'9"
DANGER
heterosexual
Astrid Hofferson

Fight until the end.
This was something she didn't want to ever take for granted. This easy, laughter. Talking about their friends like everything was alright in the world. They'd come so close to loosing it and the thought was almost enough to make her queasy. Yet still she smiled because there was something to smile about right then, and something to laugh about if she was being honest with herself. Thomas' silly face that he pulled whenever he wanted something, and usually got it. Her friends being together, alive. What she wouldn't have done a thousand times over to make sure that they stayed alright. Or even just to extend this moment just a little bit. She didn't want to have to worry about fighting, or whether the people around her were doing okay. They should have been doing okay. They were all so young, sometimes she forgot just how young the people she'd come to know and care for really were. How young she really was.

Our parents war is about to become ours.

She remembered yelling that at Hiccup in a fit of rage once. He didn't seem to understand why she needed to be good at Dragon slaying. The words seemed to resonate for a moment inside of her. This wasn't their parents war, this was there war and probably some day their children's war. If they lived long enough to have any. That's what a war like this was. It was something that stretched past the generations, slicing away whole branches of families.

She didn't want to think about all that now. What she wanted was food, and the further into the mansion they went the less likely it seemed she'd be getting any.

She wanted to say something more, like how something about this whole thing...about how Lola was acting, seemed off. Except she couldn't. The further away they got from the people and the noise the less she really seemed to care about the growing ball of nerves that was coiling in her belly. This isn't like you Astrid. She could feel herself biting down on her bottom lip, her hand moving repeatedly to tuck strands of blond hair behind her ear. Clear signs that she was nervous if anyone that really knew her was around to look.

We should turn back.

She almost said it, her mouth certainly opened, but there were no words. Just an absent nod of her head at her friend's words. This isn't right, none of this was right.

"I don't think..." Think what? Think at all? She blinked her eyes, tried to shake the feeling out of her head. It was like she was there and not at the same time. Like she was watching herself through a telescope.

They came up to two doors and a voice inside her head was screaming not to take another step, but the rest of her wasn't paying attention. Those doors, something was wrong with those doors, and she wanted to claw at herself to try and get her to see what should have been obvious. But all she could do was reach out. Her arm extending like she was trying to feel which had the strongest pull. Which door, which one. "None." She whispered, but her arm moved to the one on the right, fingers hovering over the doorknob.

The decision had been made, and just like that the distant pulling sensation was gone. Her eyes seemed a little less dazed and she managed an absent smile. "I think this one." Her hand turned the knob, and pulled the door open. The screaming in the back of her mind was getting louder, but she was already pulling the dark haired girl through the shadowed threshold to whatever mystery lay beyond.

idefk. finished, I think?
robb stark

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.