Add Reply
New Poll

the world is . : BLACK : ., Chase//Stephawifey
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Nov 6 2013, 01:31 PM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

always thought that I'd see you again
and tonight I will be a vessel with these sails set aflame let this ocean of our memories carry me out to sea, i will be fall beneath the crashing waves into my grave i will sleep if we can make this then we can break it if we can build it then we can burn it down- - -

Stretching out from the tight ball he had been curled up in, Theo flexed his paws as a yawn escaped him. Lazily he blinked his eyes, ears twitching here and there to pick up any strange sounds. It felt good to be himself again; to be on all four paws with his tail swishing about behind him and his glorious fur shining from the care he took while as a human. Digging claws into the soft earth below him she shook himself out, fluffing his fur before raising his head at the sound of a leaf falling to the ground.

Being on this side of the Portal was dangerous. Even more so when you were alone. But he needed it. His session with Riko had helped quite a bit, and the directions she had given him for recovering still played in the back of his head. He needed to realize that there wasn't anything he could do. He had worked off natural instincts and ran from the predators who were chasing him- even if one of them was your best friend. He didn't purposely wait for the train to come before jumping the tracks. Didn't make Chief chase him. He had only wanted to see Copper one more time.

He just didn't wish it was his last time.

Sighing heavily, he started off at a trot towards the direction of the Portal. He had been through long enough, recalled the painful memories of that night one to many times. all he wanted to do now was grab some ice cream, show up at Chase's door with a sad look on his face, and curl up against his boyfriend on the couch and fall asleep in his arms. A distraction from the continuous pain he was in from guilt. He needed the bight, lopsided grin that was Chase's to replace the pained expression of Copper's.

Jumping up on a hollowed log, he quietly walked across a murky looking creek, pausing to look down at his reflection in the dark water. Even in the lack of light he stood out like a wildfire. How had he managed to get so far out without being spotted? Turning his attention back to the log, he continued his travels.

Coming to an open clearing in the middle of the forest, something smelled off. Folding his ears down he crouched low, tucking his tail to be as invisible as possible. Lifting his snout, he sniffed at the air, picking up that scent again. It seemed familiar, but new all at the same time. The sound of leaves being pushed aside caught his ears and he bolted towards the crowded trees. There was someone, or thing, coming and he didn't want to be out in an open clearing.

Slipping behind a tree he noticed a pile of brush, and before poking his nose at the mass to make sure nothing was inside, he slipped under it and curled in on himself. The smaller he was, the less that would be seen of him. Peeking through the twigs he kept his eyes and ears trained in the direction the noise came from. Was it a threat, or just his nerves playing tricks on him?

As the form broke through the dense cluster of trees that was on the other side, everything seemed to weight down on him. Fear struck his insides and he stared, wide-eyed at the bloodhound that was busy sniffing the ground.

Oh no.

tag: chase // words: 585 // notes: #stillnotready

CREDIT TO JADE AT CAUTION

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 12:26 AM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here It had been an accident, stumbling upon the worn leather collar that had been hidden in his dresser drawer for one reason or another, but the moment he did he forgot everything he was doing. He had been looking for something right? Maybe a certain pair of socks? A misplaced movie he shoved away in a speed attempt to make his room look less like a tornado ripped though? But no matter how hard he tried to remember, as his fingers ran over his engraved, silver nametag, nothing seemed to matter anymore. Time had gotten away from him, the hours turned into days turned into weeks and before he knew it he was starting to slip. It was so easy to forget a life of hate and sadness left behind in a dying world when everything seemed to be so perfect as it was. Many a night, returned home from the portal, he had wondered how much easier things would be if he just… forgot. If he let go of Copper, and just lived a meager existence in New York as Chase. It surely would be easier than returning to a desolate place every month, just to remember all the painful things that happened before, run from untold dangers. The breaking of his heart fresh in his mind with each return trip, and heavy on his chest, the pain of the betrayal deep and new. If he forgot life would just be simpler, better. But as his eyes grew tired from staring at the ceiling, his body heavy with misery and guilt, he knew that forgetting was the coward’s way out… and he was no coward. The little treasure of a find had been the ignition, like throwing fuel on a fire and watching it go up in flames. Like each month before for as long as he could remember, he would make his way to the portal and spend a day or two hunting and tracking. He would get lost on a path through his memories, his nose seeking out any scent that seemed slightly familiar. He could hear the blaring sound of the train ringing in his mind, the soft echoes of Chief’s whimpers complimenting the horrific symphony in his mind. Everything he had felt before his new life in New York was renewed with vigor-- all the pain, the agony, the hate, the betrayal, the thirst for vengeance—and it moved him through the forest. After meandering around for an hour or so, his nose caught dull scent of something familiar. The tickle in the back of his mind recognized it as one he had been trained to hunt—fox. Immediately a snarl escaped at the realization, his mind going to one place and one place only, but he had to swallow that darkened hope back, a fox was a fox that didn’t mean it was Tod. That didn’t mean that all this wasted time searching for him, hunting him, hating him would come to an end. It just meant there was a chance… very slim, but he wasn’t going to let him pass it by. Slowly he let the smell overcome his senses, and in moments his nose was to the ground following it as only a well-trained bloodhound could. There were times when he would lose the scent, the wind blowing it away, but it took very little time to pick it back up and continue to follow it as stealthily as he could. Not only did he need to find this creature, but he needed to make sure it wasn’t on to him. Time seemed to stand still during his hunt, Copper not quite caring to recognize how much time slipped by him in his search. All that mattered was the scent and how it slowly became stronger and stronger until he knew he was just moments away from finding the beast. The shuffling of the wilderness around him made him realize that the cunning animal had caught on to him and had sought out a new hiding spot, but it wasn’t anything new. Foxes were manipulative, selfish, and cunning… they only thought of self-preservation and nothing else. Why else would someone he risked his neck for just to save, turn his back and throw that act of kindness back into his face? All he had to do was chase him until he found a spot to hide… and then he would only need to sniff him out. Breaking through the trees, his eyes scanned the area, body standing dead still. The fox was close, he could practically smell the fear, hear it’s heartbeat, sense where it was… and slowly the creeping hope that this beast would be Tod crept back into his mind. No longer preoccupied by the hunt, all the malicious thoughts came back, and he began to snarl, his eyes searching the forest floor for any possible hiding spot. Seeing the pile of brush, slowly approaching with his nose to the ground, Copper inwardly complimented himself on a job well done, he had found his prey. While normal instinct told him to howl, to call his master to him, Copper knew better. He wasn’t an idiot. There was no master to finish the job… just him and this poor creature. Mentally he told himself that if this fox was not Tod he would let it go, a small nod of confirmation before stopped dead in front of the brush. If he bolted it would be a chase, one he could easily keep up with. But if he were smart and pretended he wasn’t there, it was just a quick snap of his jaws and the creature would be his. “Nowhere else to go little fox.” he growled, his teeth being bared as he prepared himself to run, to chase. “No where else to run.” This was it, now or never. thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Nov 15 2013, 06:04 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
I remember how we used to play. I recall those rainy days, the fires glowed, that kept us warm. And now I find, we're both alone. Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be.
Single
Bisexual
Tod

and tonight I will be a vessel with these sails set aflame let this ocean of our memories carry me out to sea, i will be fall beneath the crashing waves into my grave i will sleep if we can make this then we can break it if we can build it then we can burn it down- - -

A rush of memories flooded his mind. Caused his vision to alter as the events of that faithful night played before him. Folding his ears back, he squeezed his eyes shut to try and block everything out. Memories of a young bloodhound calling out his name, laughing with him as the two of them ran through the forest in a game of tag. Memories of dunking his friend in the creek as they spent the long summer days playing. They were intense, worse on this side of the Portal than when they visited them in his dreams. They were feelings that he feared were no longer returned- feelings that had become one-sided.

If what he saw before him was the real thing, now was not the time to have his vision blinded. He needed to be on the guard, ready to bolt if he was found. So the feelings; hope mixed with pure terror, were not what he needed in this moment. For all he knew, it wasn't Copper. It wasn't his old friend. He honestly hoped, prayed even, that it wasn't his friend. That it was some random bloodhound that was followed by a hunter. That would be easier to get away from than Copper.

He didn't even know if he could still out run a bloodhound.
It was too long since he'd actually ran.

Opening his eyes, he watched as the hound's moments changed. He had caught the scent. Shit. He could hear the snarl all the way on the other side of the clearing. He wasn't safe. Hiding in the brush was a terrible idea. He should have just took off and took a different route to the Portal. A different route to the comfort of Chase's apartment.

A pain shot through him as he thought about Chase. What would he tell the blond if he got hurt? How would he explain to his boyfriend why there were scratches all over him. Or if he got bit?

What if he didn't make it back?

That killed him inside, but that became the leverage he needed. The main goal: survive for Chase. Unfolding his ears, they twitched at the sound of leaves being pushed aside. Crouching lower, he kept close to the ground as he tried to think of an escape method. Even as the hound made it to the brush, the scent flooded his nostrils and his blood ran cold. He was terrified, but he had to keep Chase in mind. It wasn't far to the blond if he just disappeared off the face of the planet because of his stupidity.

His fur stood on edge as he was called out, and the voice that hit his ears was like a knife through his heart. He knew that voice, that growl. From the way he was growling, there was no way he could just pop out from the bush and talk it over. If he made the wrong move it would result in claws and teeth. Two things he did not want to deal with. Looking around, his eyes darted to the tree behind the threat, to the open area to the left. There was an opening behind him, but a fallen log just inches from the brush. Something would have to give.

Swallowing back the fear, the pain, the memories that clumped in his throat, he called out to his old friend. "We don't have to do this." But he knew otherwise. He wasn't going to make it out of that bush just by talking. So no more than he had the words out, he backed up and sprung out above the hound, using his rear-end to push off to the tree behind him, where his paws made contact and he jumped to the right. It didn't matter that there was more obstacles, it was the way he felt the other wouldn't think he would take. As soon as his paws hit the dirt below, he shot off.

tag: chase // words: 669 // notes: #9evernotready

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 11:49 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here He was so close he could almost taste it. The sweet nectar known as blood dripping into his mouth as his teeth sunk into skin, how soft the pelt would feel against his tongue and gums as he ripped into it, how amazingly delicious revenge would feel as he made up for all the pain he had been caused. He was so close. Yet, as he stood staring at the brush, teeth barred in a low snarl, he realized just how far he truly was. For forever this fox had evaded him, even though he honestly wasn’t completely sure it was Tod who he had found. He had looked far and wide for this elusive creature, so much so, Copper had almost thought him to be long dead and rotted. But now years after all his pain and suffering, this was the fuel he needed to rekindle his hatred for his ex-best friend. All that lost time… and he could finally make up for it. But there was still the matter of the chase. Of the actual hunt. Copper hoped he would run. Hoped that he would get the joy of chasing the cunning, self-centered creature from its hiding spot and be able to fully appreciate the moment at hand. What was fun about Tod giving himself in, just laying down and accepting the punishment he rightfully deserved? He wanted to run, to feel his heart pound against his ribs as he hunted down the beast who quite nearly killed a member of his family. As he fought the one he once called his friend, the one who had taken his kindness for granted and shoved a knife through his back and killing any sort of remorse he might have had. He wanted this, to pursue him through the woods, and relish in the moment. The moment he would corner the thing and finally get the chance to show him just the agony and pain he had gone through. Only this time, there would be only one walking away from this. And it would be him, proudly sporting the lifeless from of Tod in his maw. Slowly he approached the brush where he could smell the fox hiding in. It wasn’t just a saying that they could smell fear, because it was strong in his nose, a kind of sick fuel that had his snarl turning darker and louder. Eyeing the twigs and crunchy leaves on the ground, careful to not step on them in case the sound would set the fox off, he stopped. If he got too close, he would miss the inevitable escape all together, and have to scramble just to find where it was he was dashing off to. Copper was smarter than that, had been trained better than to be foolish. He might have been out for blood and blinded by hate, but he was smart and clever, and knew just how to hunt. He might not have Slade around to shoot Tod and make the final blow, but this was his battle and he knew how to fight it. “Yes we do, you made sure of that didn’t you,” Copper crowled, his eyes focusing in on the brush. The hunch he had about this fox being Tod was only confirmed by the familiar voice, the voice that haunted him in his worst nightmares. He hadn’t wanted it to be this way, they were supposed to have been friends. But some things just couldn’t be forgiven. He wasn’t about to let this heathen off the hook just because. They had history, sure, but as far as he was concerned it meant nothing. This was the proper order of things… Bellowing a loud howl into the air as he saw Tod leap from the brush and dart off to his right, Copper quickly bolted off in the same direction. The hunt was on, and nothing could have thrilled him more. Soon, so very very soon, he Tod would meet he fate that he deserved. He would get his just desserts and this whole hate filled vendetta would come to a close. This was it. This was the end. And he couldn’t be happier. thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 01:01 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Fear was coursing through him as he made that desperate jump. That last minute decision that would result in the outcome of this faithful meeting. He knew, without a doubt, that his friend wouldn't let him go. Wouldn't just yell at him and leave him. No. From the way Copper snarled, the way he held himself right before the bush- Tod knew. There was no getting out of this with just a heated conversation.

So he ran. He jumped behind the hound and darted off into the forest.

Blood pounded in his ears as he kept moving. Jumped from a small rock to an overturned log. His paws dug into the damp ground beneath him as he forced himself to keep running. To keep moving no matter what the cost. Chase needed him to survive. Everyone he made contact with in New York needed him to survive. None of them would forgive him for falling pray to the bloodhound that was right on his tail.

The air that he inhaled burned his insides as he tried to keep a steady pace. Continually pushing himself forward as every intake of oxygen clawed it's way down through his windpipe. In that moment, when he leapt over a tree stump and stumbled, hitting his shoulder hard on the ground and rolling, that when he got back to New York he would run. He would go with Chase everyday. Every moment of free time he had he would run again. He had neglected himself the basics of survival by staying cooped up in that apartment of his.

Fighting the pain back he pushed forward, knowing that Copper was just on his tail. He could hear him, just barely over the sound of his rapid beating heart, howling. That was a good thing though, that meant he was still ahead, right?

Jumping atop a large boulder, he panted hard with his tongue out as he lifted his snout towards the air. He needed something, anything to give him some sort of leeway. A breeze, faint as it was, carried the promise of water. A stream? Maybe a creek. Maybe he could confuse Copper with the water- it had worked for Chief once upon a time...

His shoulder was still screaming with pain as he set in motion, a goal in his mind as he leaped from the boulder- narrowly missing the thorn bush that he had overlooked in his heated attempts of making it towards the Portal. Digging paws into the ground he started running again. He could hear in the closing distance Copper's cries as he continued his chase. There was no getting away- his friend only had one thing on his mind.

tag: chase // words: 454 // notes: nopenopenope

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 01:28 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here This was the moment he had been waiting for since he had crossed through the portal, hell bent on finding the one responsible for the betrayal in his heart. He had left Slade for a reason, loyal to the old hound he looked up to and wanting to avenge the attempted murder that fox had tried. As much as he tried to forget the pain he felt when he found Chief in the river, hit by a train and quite nearly dying, there was no way for him to ever forget, to ever get over, the pain and heart break of that night. Chief was okay—he’d live to fight another day. But the emotional scars on Coppers heart would never heal, he would always remember and there was no fooling himself. His life back on the other side of the portal was so carefree, so easy, but haunted. He would always remember Tod as a friend, as a liar… So Copper couldn’t let him get away. The cunning fox had speed and agility on his side. He was smaller and more flexible, had an easier time maneuvering and getting away. But that was how nature worked. That was how he had been trained to hunt. He might not have the speed or the flexibility to get through all the obstacles in his path, he had patience, stamina, an impeccable sense of smell, and intelligence on his side. He would run the poor fox out, and when he was tired and too weak to run he would strike. He wouldn’t get away… not without a fight. Not without feeling at least the smallest, most bitter sting of betrayal that he had been carrying with him since that night. As the fox flew off in front of him, a loud howl echoed in the wind. He had no master to alert, but habits were hard to break. He had found his prey and he wasn’t going to let slip by him without first tasting the warm nectar of blood pouring into his mouth as he stole the liar’s life from him, the only payment Copper knew that could stifle the urge to avenge Chief. He would proudly trot home with the pelt in his mouth, teeth secured into the flesh, and deliver it to his master at last. It was all he had wanted when he left, and he was finally going to get it. His legs carried him quickly in the same direction of Tod, his heart pounding in his ears as he ran… three steps… two steps… one step closer to his revenge. But as he nimbly started jumping higher and over things, Copper knew he had to be smarter about this. He was nimble and spry, but not a match for the fox. He’d have to approach this differently. And so as he ran through brush, jumped over logs, and to the tops of boulders, Copper followed quietly on the ground, keeping his nose to the air and his eyes on the prize. Patience would win out in the end. Tod might have the higher ground but he would have to come down at some point. The cunning deceiver stopped for a moment on his perch, perplexed and terrified as he tried to figure out what to do next. Normally, this would be the moment when Slade would pull out his gun and shoot… end the miserable creature’s life and turn his pelt into a hat of some sorts, or sell it in the market to get food. But this wasn’t normal, and the killing blow would be made by him. Silently he waited in the shadows, a snarl low in his throat as he lowered himself to the ground, waiting to bolt off and continue the chase at a moments notice. And when he finally saw the fox dart off again, moving from his perch to the ground in quick movements, Copper howled loud in the air and took off. Finally… finally they were on even playing ground. Only this time, he was two steps ahead. It took no time at all for him to catch up to the fox, having waiting and anticipated what would have happened next. He could smell the fear emanating from his body, could envision the look of terror in his eyes on it only seemed to give him speed. Determination was on his side and despite the burning in his legs, he ran harder and faster. He could almost taste the victory he was about to receive, and in a quick motion his jaw snapped at the beast’s hind legs. He could feel his teeth graze the skin, fur sticking to his tongue in his mouth, as he gave a tug to throw the beast to the side and knock him off his feet. This was it… the moment he was waiting for.thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Mar 5 2014, 11:49 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

He was in pain. His chest burned, his legs felt as if the bones were replaced with jelly, and his brain was running far too fast for him to completely act off the directions it was giving him. It had been far too long since he had to run for his life, since he had to depend on himself to stay safe. For too long he had been sheltered, and in those fleeting moments he was running for his life, he swore that it would all change. No longer would he stay wrapped up in his throw on Chase's couch watching movies while eating ice cream. No. He was going to start taking better care of himself.

He just needed to get through this moment.

Fear coursed through him at the sound of his friend's howl, and he knew that whatever he thought they once had was over. At least from the bloodhound's point of view.

Why was Copper so upset? Had he held onto that rage for all these years? Or had something else happened? From what he could recall, Chief had made it through, he just had a broken leg. Tod had sworn he would go back and apologize, to try and make things right- but the home he once had was tossed aside as Widow Tweed left him in that dark forest. Memories of the storm that followed, of his attempt to seek shelter in the Portal's cave- the sensation of becoming human; it threw him off his guard as he ran, completely disregarding how close his friend had gotten to him.

It wasn't until there was the searching pain of something sharp digging into his flesh that he came back to the present. Pain flashed white across his eyes as he was flung off to the side, colliding with the base of a tree. A shrill yelp came from his throat as all the wind was knocked from him.

This was it, he was done for. Nothing was going to magically come and save him from the hatred that radiated from his friend. He'd never make it back to Chase, Tobi, Maren, all of his friends would be left without a clue as to why Theo had all but disappeared. No note, not even a second glace. Just silence. No bright blue eyes and ginger hair with a face full of freckles to make them laugh because he was blushing so hard. No more lazy Sundays on the couch with Chase.

Tears sprung to his eyes as the thoughts cut deep into his being, instinctively curling his tail around the wound as he backed up against the tree in attempt to disappear from the fate that was awaiting him. Folding his ears down he shut his eyes tight, paws slipping in the still damp earth below him as he tried to push himself as far away as possible. There was no where else to run. No chance in hell he could run with his leg spazzing like it was from the gashes running through it. "I'm sorry," he whispered in a shaky breath.

tag: chase // words: 522 // notes: Still: nopenopenope

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Mar 22 2014, 10:30 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here He was so close he could almost taste it. Almost taste the sweet metallic flavor of blood gushing into his mouth as his teeth ripped at flesh. Fur would fly in all directions, screaming, satisfying yelping coming from the guilty party at hand. He would relish in the moment, almost bathe in the blood, and just be happy that the dark deed was done. Be satisfied that there was no more knife protruding from his back from the betrayal his so called friend committed. He could go back home with his head held high and bring the prized pelt that would forever be a symbol to him, to Slade, and to Chief who’s suffering would end. He could almost taste it. Almost. The fox was quick, Copper had to give him that… but it seemed he had lost a bit of his cunning over the years. Maybe he had been softened by the plush life of New York, never expecting to need to be the greedy, selfish fox he used to be. Maybe he had thought that this moment would never occur, that it would just have been a misunderstanding between friends. But for whatever reason Tod had let himself go, it worked in his favor. It wouldn’t be nearly as satisfying to know that he hadn’t caught the fox at the top of his game, to know that the liar hadn’t given everything he had in avoiding his attack. But in the end, it worked in his own favor. He didn’t need to be quicker or more cunning, he just needed to wait… to be a patient hunter and run the damn thing out until no breath came fourth from his lungs. He just needed one solitary moment to make his move… the first of many to come… He just needed a moment. His patience paid off as he continued to chase the fox through the forest, moving nimbly around obstacles and avoiding easily those he could not. While the fox had the advantage of height and even an ability to jump, he seemed unfamiliar with his body and unsure of what to do or where to go. Although he had been spending less and less time here… every day in New York had been spent training. He made his body strong… building up an endurance that the kit no longer had. He was, and forever would be, a trained and skilled hunter. And very soon Tod would realize his mistake… just before his life flashed before his eyes, and he screamed one final, painful yelp. It would be all too satisfying to sink his teeth into that flesh and savor the flavor of freedom from the burden of betrayal. The time had come and he made his move. His jaw snapped at his back legs and he was rewarded not only with a scream of pain and terror, but with the taste of blood in his mouth. It wasn’t much as he had flung the beast off to the side, but it was enough of a teaser to keep him going strong—if not stronger. There was no longer a need to run, and as he stopped, turning to face the beast in question, he snarled. A low deep growl emanated from his as he hunched down closer to the ground. He bared his teeth in a show of power and strength, slowly taking steps forward to instill fear in that black heart of his. He was a hunter who had caught his prey, and he could smell victory heavy in the air around them… but as he lowered his narrow eyed gaze to the fox, intent on lunging at him and finishing this, he stopped his menacing pace. This fox had once been his best friend… had once been the only person who would play with him, who understood him. Sure he had Chief to talk to, but he was so old that he never wanted to play, so old that obedience had not only been beaten into him with a stick, but practically etched into his very being. Copper had been just a naïve pup, curious about the world around him, and Tod had been there by his side. He used to play hide and seek with him, hunt and chase down crickets, even swim in the creek in the woods… they had been the best of friends. But a winter had separated them and memories were shoved into the back seat of the truck with the rest of their game. He had wanted to help so badly, to save Tod from the wrath of his master and give him a chance to lead a long and fulfilling life. That’s what friends did… they sacrificed themselves… yet that sacrifice was all for naught. It wasn’t even Chief’s injury that bothered him anymore… Copper realized, but the fact that he had given so much up for the kit, only to have his kindness and love repaid with the pain of a sharp blade in his back. He snarled again when Tod apologized, giving a loud, blood curdling howl into the air around them. He didn’t care if he summoned the darkness, if he made the mad beasts aware of their presence. No… this was his moment and he was going to cherish every last second of it. If the beasts came, so be it, but not before he did away with this burden. “It’s a bit late for sorry,” Copper growled, lowering a menacing gaze upon him. “Sorry isn’t going to change anything. You are incapable or feeling remorse.” he growled, voice lowering to a haunting whisper.thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 07:32 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

He was close. Too close for comfort as he darted between trees and fallen logs. Too long. Far too long had it been since he needed to run for his life. And even then it was from something that he thought he'd never be able to avoid. His breathing was coming in short bouts, his lungs burning because he wasn't able to keep them properly filled. He was going to die like this, a shell of the fox he once was. How many people was he going to let down? How many friends were going to wonder where he'd gone before panic sat in? He tried, with his ears folding back, to keep pushing himself. To keep his paws moving, keep them hitting the ground and pushing him forward from the threat of his friend.

All good things must come to an end.

Never had he felt pain like what he was feeling now, having felt his friend's teeth tear into his backside, the ground being as relentless as it was and throwing him into the tree. All the wind had been knocked from him as a loud yelp filled the quiet forest surrounding them. The dirt around his paws built up as he clawed at the soil to push him away from the snarling hound who was making his way closer.

Muscles tight from overuse, lungs on fire from lack of proper oxygen, it was all he could do to keep from passing out. Any thought of this turning into the peaceful conversation he once thought it would be was drown out as he caught sight of his friend's eyes. They seemed lifeless, full of hate as the distance between them was closed. There was more than just a winter that separated them now. Years had made it's way between them and torn them further apart, try as Theo might to keep his heart full of hope that he would find his friend once more. All Copper needed to do was hear his side, to understand the pains he'd been going through all this time.

An apology was out the window as he snarled, causing him to wince and curl in tighter on himself. This was something Theo was good at now: hiding from the rest of the world. He'd done it once, before Maren and Chase had found him. Then once more, when his nightmares were too much to bear- after Ms. Jena went away. But Chase was there, a light at the end of his tunnel, with arms opened wide even with a flick to his nose. Someone had cared enough about him to ease him out of the darkness. Now that someone was going to be left in the dark as he would be left for scraps in this forest.

His ears perked, against his will, as the other started talking, and when he finally turned his attention to the hound he instantly wished he didn't. He would have took multiple bites to his fresh than have to listen to the words that shoved a knife through his heart. "... you are incapable of feeling remorse..." What did he know? He didn't know what he went through in his time in New York. Placing a paw out, he felt his muscles spazzing in protest as he shakily pushed himself to all four legs, but a sharp yelp had him holding his left rear leg up. Ears folded back he looked up at his friend as he tried to stand his ground.

"Y-you don't know what I felt. How a-a... all those years. That night haun-haunts me whenever I cl-close my eyes." Turning his head away, he knew it wouldn't be of any use. The other didn't want to talk, the constant snarl that seemed to wrap itself around his throat made it obvious. Slowly, once again, he lifted his gaze. "Copper. I.... I never wanted it to happen like it did," he whispered from his heart. He was certain it would help, that it wouldn't matter to the blood-lust the other was feeling, but he wouldn't stop until he at least tried.

tag: chase // words: 691 // notes: Still: CRIES

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 09:04 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here The time had come. The moment he had been waiting for since that fateful night all those years back. It was here, looking him in the eye, and he almost didn’t know what to do with it. It had seemed like it would never come. That it would always been just some far off dream, a revenge plan that would never come to pass. Yet here it was, staring him in the face, waiting for him to snatch it between his jaw and rip it to bloody, massacred, shreds. It was all he wanted to do for so long. It had been his entire reason for leaving. It is what haunted his dreams and plagued his memories. And it would finally come to an end. All the pain… all the suffering he had been through to get to this moment would be over. And he could finally live to find a new purpose in life. Would it taste sweet against his tongue? Would he feel relief wash over his heart with the dead corpse of his old friend hung from his maw and was brought to his master with pride? Or would it be bitter and would an emptiness set in? Did he know how to live a life not ruled by a hidden and deep dark desire? Would he be able to return to his home and find solace in not only the arms of his boyfriend, but in knowing that he could move on with his life? Or would he become hollow… purposeless… and stumble through life like the lifeless zombies in his favorite horror films? A part of him was afraid for what would happen after the deed had been done. After the snarl would leave him and he would be left alone in the woods covered in blood, would he be able to move on? Hate had gripped his heart for so long, despite the love he felt for people across the portal, and he feared that maybe that wouldn’t be enough. That this death, something he had waited for, fought for, planned for… would come with a bittersweet ending that he wasn’t quite prepared for. It was in his blood to kill, trained into his body to sniff out beasts such as his backstabber and chase them to their death, but never had he wanted and waited for something so long that the fear of accomplishing it and being left empty kept him from moving forward any further. But that wasn’t the whole reason he hadn’t yet snapped his teeth around his neck and shook his head in revenge fueled passion. It wasn’t the whole reason he hadn’t yet tasted the metallic blood of this liar on his tongue, like sweet nectar. This thing had once held a place in his heart, had been his best friend and his confidante. There were still good memories that swam through his vision as he threateningly stalked up to the injured animal, that softened his heart and made him doubt his abilities. It was one thing to think he could do something in theory, to train himself and plan everything to the last move he would make. It was one thing to think he would ravish this death and roll happily in the blood of this beast. But it was another to do it for real. He was faced with a completely different monster than those haunting his memories and his past… and Copper wasn’t completely sure he could best this one. Or worse, he wasn’t sure he wanted to. His stalking stood as he stood over the huddled form of his former friend, as he listened to fear filled words that meant nothing to him. There was no way for him to tell if what he heard was genuine or said for fear of losing his life. Foxes were cunning creatures that knew how to lie through their teeth. Copper couldn’t be sure if what he heard was the truth coming from a heartbroken and sad friend, or a lie sewn together to not only stab him in the back a second time but to prolong his own selfish life. And there was no way he would ever know… he didn’t care to know… there was no point now. No changing the past and making up for the misdeeds he had done. There was only moving forward. And all that was waiting for Tod at the end of the long, painful, and lonely road was death. At least Copper had someone to go home to… could fall into Theo’s arms crying and begin the healing process. “You’re a liar fox,” he growled between clenched teeth, snapping his jaw quickly in warning and threat, but never moving to silence him once and for all. “You creatures only ever tell lives… its in your nature. You never cared and nor will you ever.” he growled, an obvious pain dripping from his words as he regarded Tod with as much hate as he could muster. But a sadness filled his eyes and his threats lost their standing. He was still just a wounded pup, lost without his best friend… hurt by his deceitful actions.thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: May 12 2014, 11:35 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

Standing there on shaking limbs, he wasn't sure how much longer he'd be able to hold himself up. It hurt. His paw. His hand leg. The very muscles that were reaching their limit. His heart, memories. Tod was nothing but a walking sore right now, and he would have traded all the strawberries from Ms. Kenna in the world to just be able to be at home. With Chase. To fall into his arms and know, simply know that the blond would take care of him. Would never leave his side and in that moment baby him like the Princess he had obviously become. But he couldn't. He wouldn't. The look in Copper's eyes, the hatred. The... was that? Sadness.

That was Tod's chance to attempt to make things better.

"No." His voice was harsh even to his own ears. "No I'm not Copper." Folding his ears back, he swallowed that lump that had formed in his throat. "I never once, not once, lied to you. Ever. Don't you remember? All those years ago?" Would he? Was it possible that there was still the same pup he befriended that faithful day? "You're my friend. You always have been. Nothing. No one. Can take that from me. Not even this hell that's taken over our world."

Taking a hesitant step forward, wincing as pain shot up his leg, he stood as strongly as he could. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me. The one thing that helps keep me sane after everything that's happened. You know this. So please, just stop." His pleas made his ears twitch. Made a small seedling of hope burrow itself in his chest. Big Mama always told him it would end like this, but he had faith. "We'll be friends forever. Remember? You can't just throw me in with what society says I am. A fox is just my outward appearance. But you know me." At least, he hoped he did.

Who was Tod to say he hadn't forgotten? Even with the Portal returning memories to their former glory? He didn't know how bad everything had affected his friend. He really didn't mean for Chief to get hit. He was just trying to get away. To live another day so he could visit his friend once again.

"I just wanted to see you Copper. Just like before. I just wanted to play tag and swim in the pond with you like we use to." His voice started to shake as the memories of them laughing, playing, ran through his mind. Simpler times. There was light back then. Happiness. No sour taste of hatred or stereotyping. Just the two of them being the best of friends. "And it hurts, knowing that you think I lied to you. I disobeyed Widow Tweed to see you. Time and time again I would go home and look at her disapproving face, but it never mattered. Because I was there. With you."

"Copper...." There was a pause. Another swallow to attempt to clear his windpipe. "I miss my Best Friend."

tag: chase // words: 691 // notes: Still: CRIES

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
chase orion cooper
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 10:39 PM
>
chase orion cooper
N/A POSTS
IS N/A

the sky's gonna breakeverything will escape and I'll know. One of these days the mountains are gonna fall into the sea and they'll know, That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away, Never fall away. One of these days letters are gonna fall from the sky telling us all to go free, But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know that you're coming back. even though you left me here I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here So much time had been spent devoted tot his moment. Hours spent hunting, tracking, mentally preparing himself for the time he could end his pain and suffering. But it seemed that all of that time, the blood, sweat, and tears he put into readying himself to end the life of his best friend, he had somehow made it out to be something other than what it was. He had somehow convinced himself that this fox was a monster, like those that had destroyed this world. That the face he remembered was hollow and lifeless, with dead eyes and a snarl on his lips. Not that of his friend… of a scared fox who he had once known and loved. It was all he could do to keep himself motivated, to make sure he avenged his master and his role model. But now… he wasn’t faced with a monster. He was faced with innocence… This wasn’t what he had expected. He had thought he was strong enough to swallow his emotions and get the job done. That he would find this stupid creature, sink his teeth into his flesh, and end it all in a matter of seconds. But between his own flurry of unforeseen emotion, his lack of preparedness, and now the sudden backbone Tod grew, Copper realized he wasn’t up for this challenge. He wouldn’t be able to lunge forward and end this fox’s meager existence. He wouldn’t be able to taste the sweetness of revenge he had so desperately wanted. He would only have defeat, like a dark gray cloud hanging over him. He would have to return home with his tail between his legs for his failure. And all because he couldn’t pluck up the courage and anger he needed to snap Tod’s neck and end this speech that seemed only to haunt him more and bring back memories that only made his heart hurt in his chest. A snarl escaped his lips when the creature took a step forward, a threat to not move or come any closer. His teeth were bared and in a moment’s notice he was ready to snap if prompted. But he knew that Tod was smart enough not to egg him on more. Was more intelligent than to endanger his own life when it seemed he would be spared… as undeserving as he was. And the only solace Copper got from that thought was in the end… he was still good at heart. Tod’s was as black as ever, using haunting memories to debilitate him and weaken him… to make him second guess himself and all he had lived for lately. But he didn’t even have it in him to end the life of someone who had hurt his family so much… His eyes moved to look at the fox and he took a threatening step forward. His jaw snapped as he lunged forward, purposely only snagging the skin of his neck before he retracted. He could have ended it right then. Had he wanted to snap his neck he could have in that moment. But Copper had already determined what it was he was going to do. Tod was lucky… and he better realize it before he gets himself killed. Just like that night when he promised he would lead Chief and Slade away, he was going to spare his once friend turned enemy. He would look the other way while Tod inevitably plotted how he would further ruin his life… and the knife so firmly planted in his back would sink deeper into his skin. But there was nothing else he could do. He just didn’t have the heart. “This is your last chance fox,” he growled, completely unable to even say his name. Snarling, taking against step forward, he eyed the red furred creature down with a cold stare. “Get out of here. If I ever, and I mean ever, see you here again I will not hesitate to snap your neck and end your life.” he continued, baring his teeth as if to further prove his point. “If I even catch another whiff… hear another sound… I will hunt you down and end you.” he finished, giving one final stare before taking a step back as if to let the fox scurry away and leave him to lick his metaphorical wounds. Glaring, narrowing his eyes, he gave a loud howling bark, trying to jump start the fox and urge him forward. “GO! Before I change my mind!”thanks to NODDING.ACQUAINTANCE OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATFOne of these days
^
theodor phoenix fahks
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 11:34 AM
315 POSTS
5'10"
Single
Bisexual
Tod

In his heroic moment, Tod could feel his back stiffen as he tried to reason with his friend. Could feel the sting of his muscles as he once again took a step forward only to freeze in place at the reaction he was greeted with. Taking the warning with caution, he stayed firmly rooted in place as he continued to plead with his friend. To reassure him that he wasn't the monster he was made out to be. How could he was thought something so sinister of someone he use to play with? Was it possible that the Darkness had found it's way into his friend's heart and was busy chipping the pleasant memories they had together away, preparing him for this moment? Or was he still with Slade and Chief, the two who would surely feed him more poisonous lies.

He was taking a risk, standing up to the obviously stronger stature of his friend as he tried to reason. Though, it seemed his words fell onto deaf ears as he lunged forward, snarling as his teeth just tore at the flesh of his neck. Yipping in fear mixed with pain, he stumbled from his defensive position as his friend made his final bargain.

Ears folded back in disbelief, his tail fell to rest between his legs as his face fell at his friend's words. Everything he'd poured into that speech was being stomped into the mossy ground below him as he was given his final warning. He didn't matter to his friend anymore. Everything they once had, it was done, despite how he wanted to lean forward and nuzzle his snout against his friend's. That longing pull in his heart made he want to just show him the affection he felt for him, but his natural instinct told him to heed his warning and run.

Dull blue eyes fell to the brown ground beneath them as the very will to live seemed to seep from him. His friend, who he'd held onto for so many years, wanted nothing to do with him. Wanted nothing more than to take the very breath that resided in his lungs for something he couldn't help. From a past that seemed like a lifetime ago. With a hesitant step to his right, he managed to make it at least two steps before pausing to look back at his friend with sorrow in his eyes. He would never be the same. Never be the Tod that he thought he was finally becoming again.

The hateful glare that he was met with only solidified the feeling in his heart. It was over. Big Mama was right. It pained him to silently admit it, but she was right. Sighing heavily, he turned, head bowed, as he mustered the last of his strength to make to towards the Portal. He needed to get home. Get to his boyfriend and just fall in his arms and cry. He didn't care how the other viewed him, he just knew what he needed.

Leaving what remaining hope he had for the two of them with his friend, he made his way towards the only thing that mattered to him anymore. Back towards the home that had accepted him for who he was, at least; how they thought he was.

tag: chase // words: 553 // notes: Still: CRIES

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

BAD ❤ ROMANCE Happily Ever AftersVisionary TalesImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FUSIONS Lochland Groveanimation personified potterverse
ARMADA!HAKUNA MATATA
SutemenyOnce Upon A RoleplayTales of UnityHERE'S TO THE ZEROS

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.